All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
4323 S Interstate Highway 35AustinTX78744United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Underwhelmed"
I had to change rooms because the first one's restroom was not clean and it was very muggy. The level I was on also smelled muggy and the carpet was old n dirty.
Romance trip Apr 14, 2016
Desiree
"Bed substandard but otherwise decent for very low"
Very inexpensive for Austin. Service was pleasant and breakfast was decent for the price, typical Baymont spread. Room and a/c looked like they were last updated in the '90's. Bed was very firm with very minimal padding and somewhat lumpy, and this is the main downside. Significant road and parking lot noise through the sliding door on the first floor, but no noise from other rooms.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2016
Hotel needs a few repairs, for example the vending machines, doors, outlets... Otherwise it's good.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2016
"Read the reviews this place was HORRIBLE"
could not wait to check out
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2016
"Not Again"
Breakfast was cold. Breakfast was served until 10:00 am on 3/12/16. We ate at 9 am. Bathroom was too small. My husband had to move out of the way to open/close the door. Hotel hallways carpet needed vacuuming. Overall paint on the walls was below satisfactory because of messing workmanship. It is an old hotel trying to be updated but failed. The furniture was cheap. The people at front desk were very nice.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2016
Priscilla
"The good and the bad"
Customer service were great! The only poor part about this hotel was that the room was not very kept up. All in all, I had a great stay and had no further problems.
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2016
Matthew
"Smelly Old Hotel"
The hallway was very dirty.
2 night family trip Mar 3, 2016
"Declining"
This property is in decline. Nearly emptty the night i stayed. Had to ask at the desk for shampoo. Breakfast selection was poor. I've stayed here over the past 5 years and each visit seems worse. Time for me to move on down the road.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2016
Randy
"Unacceptable hotel for anyone"
Horrible. The pictures on the website look really good, but once on the grounds and inside the room my whole attitude and atmosphere changed. The hotel smelled like paint and marijuana, hallways floors looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks, possible ladies of the night walking around. Inside the hotel room itself.. room was not up to par for my standards, very unacceptable. Dust every where especially on the loud very loud out dated air conditioner unit. Microwave was dirty, bathroom nasty, bathroom floor nasty, walls nasty (spills, finger prints, blood etc) bedding sheets had stains. Headboards had finger prints and palm prints on it. Basically because it was to late for me to book elsewhere and due to other issues we had not choice but to stay. I had to go to Fiesta and buy cleaning and sanitizing supplies just to get me through the weekend. I will be contacting Baymount Corporate office with an email and pictures to back up my review.
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
Sheridan
"DIRTY"
This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. We left.
5 night romance trip Feb 10, 2016
"Disappointed but enlightened.`"
Our room was very outdated. The motel was much older and in need of updating than the website presented. No remote control for the TV and no trash cans in the room. The breakfast was better than I had anticipated but hardly justifying the 20 to 30 dollars more a night I spent than my usual stay at hotels in this immediate area. Would not stay here again and would doubt the motel will do much to change it's conditions.
2 night family trip Feb 7, 2016
Stephen
"Avoid this train wreck at all costs."
This place was a disaster. I was checking in with a co-worker who was arriving before me. I called to make sure that my card would be held for him so he wouldn't need to provide anything. They told me that they couldn't do any credit card info over the phone (even though they already had it) but told me to email a picture of my photo ID to a GMAIL account? Despite my communication with them, upon arrival, my co-worker was told he needed to pay. He was forced to provide his own credit card in order to get into the room that I booked. When I arrived, the man that was working the desk was sitting out front with someone in a car. He followed me in, reeked of marijuana, and had apparently locked himself out from the front desk area. He had to climb over the top to reach the key. He was completely confused about everything. When I asked if I could then pay for both rooms with my company card, he said that he had already charged a different credit card for my co-workers room and couldn't process a refund.I gave up trying to explain anything to this guy that was apparently high. The facility was beyond disgusting. The halls, floors, walls, elevator - everything was dirty.The room smelled awful. Like a wet dog. The shower in my room was also not working well and the water merely trickled out. This was a last minute emergency trip and unfortunately the Marriott properties next door (that we usually stay at when visiting Austin) were booked up.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2016
Lindsay
I did not stay at the hotel and I would never stay at that hotel because it looked like a pitiful place. I got and emergence call had to leave the area thank God
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2016
ken
"Lousy hotel."
Overall very poor experience for a 1 night stay. Very dirty room. They used floor tiles for BR countertop. I had an early morning flight and got kicked out of the gym because their equipment was too loud.
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2015
"Just say yes!"
The front desk staff I dealt with was an elderly male(evening) and during the day it was a Oriental female, these are the two that I will say are very pleasant. They made my stay very comfortable. The breakfast was also amazingly good as well.
2 night trip Dec 18, 2015
"Huge cockroaches - don't be traumatized like I was"
The couple of baby cockroaches in my room I could somewhat handle, but then I saw the largest cockroach I've seen in my life stroll by. I switched to another room, and there was a live adult cockroach to greet me as I opened the door. The third room was okay and seemed bug free, but I was already traumatized. There are also some dead cockroaches in the hallways as well.
4 night trip Oct 8, 2015
"Smoking room"
My room has been a smoking room and the odor was still there. The bathroom floor was dirty had not been mopped in a long time otherwise the bed was comfortable linens were clean
Other trip Dec 7, 2015
Kerry G
"business"
the breakfast is not as nice as before, I miss the restaurants that were next door, looks like more are moving in, generally nice, the manager Lisa was pleasant, Dave the counter rep. was great. I would stay again and do recommend it.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
michael
"Convenient and that's it."
Facility is in bad need of renovating. Very well worn in all aspects. Only one vending machine in building & it was out of order. Common areas were dirty. Depressing.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
terrie
This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever been in. There was an overwhelming chemical smell in the elevator that caused myself and my sister in law to cough and our throats to tighten. Then we got to the second floor where the smell was worse. When we got to our room there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. We noticed black mold on the ceiling and the room was nasty. We asked for a different room (Taking the stairs back down instead of the elevator). They gave us a different room. This room was a little cleaner but the smell of cigarette smoke was still overwhelming. The next morning when we woke up we both had a headache and when we opened the blinds we noticed this room too had black mold all over the ceiling being hidden by the blinds. We demanded a refund.
Other trip Nov 19, 2015
K/
"Economical and fairly good location!"
I found this to be a very economical hotel. The room was clean, the staff was very courteous and helpful. The wifi worked well. The breakfast was fairly good - they offer scrambled eggs, hot Belgium waffles you cook yourself, sausage/bacon, oranges, bananas, as well as cold cereal, instant oatmeal and things like bagels. Not gourmet, but much better than just a cold cereal. I read the reviews about other economical hotels in Austin, they described bad neighborhoods and poor staffing. I felt safe in this neighborhood and the staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel is aged, uneven patches in the walls. It has a fitness center, but I only consider half of the equipment in the fitness center usable - the other items were cheap/poor quality, shake when used. Treadmill is ok, but loud. In room wall heater noisy when it kicks on. If I wanted an economical hotel again for a short trip, I would stay here again. For a family trip I may upgrade a bit.
Other trip Nov 18, 2015
"Dirty old No-Tell Hotel"
The first room they gave me was next to the outdoor pool (which is closed). The room smelled like a combination of stale cigarette smoke, mildew, and body odor. They second room while not as bad as the first still had an odor. The carpets and drapes were old and threadbare, looking like they hadn't been changed since the early 90's. The sliding glass door that opened onto the parking lot was flimsily secured, It was also not soundproof and I was kept awake until 4am by other guests who were partying right next to my door
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
robert
"Health hazard"
The room was awful. There were used condoms under the bed and G-strings from a previous guest. The place where they prepared the "Breakfast" was very unsanitary and filthy. In our room, we saw cockroaches and earwigs. This place is absolutely horrible. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Also, in a dangerous location. Prostitutes walking over the property and people asking for cigarettes and money right outside the front entrance to the hotel.
Other trip Nov 12, 2015
"This is NOT a no smoking hotel!"
Although advertised as a no smoking hotel this is definitely not enforced. When we got off the elevator the whole corridor smelled of smoke. When we got to our room the smell was even worse We left the balcony door open but this really didn't help much because the upholstery and carpeting were just saturated with many many years of smoke. Since th hotel was at full occupancy moving to another room was not an option and honestly I think all the rooms were smoky judging by the smell in all the hallways . This hotel needs to be updated pronto. The hallways are dimly lighted and kind of scary - I would definitely not have felt safe there without my husband The chairs looked very worn out - in general the whole hotel just looked worn out They need to rip everything out and start over --- and then enforce the no smoking rule Bathroom No HOT water! Shower area so dark I could barely see Also need to get an exterminator ! Odd looking bug - maybe a blonde mosquito? Flew out of the tissue box in the bathroom
Other trip Nov 11, 2015
a
"Run down hotel"
The hotel was run down, badly in need of renovation. There was a flea on one of the pillows and we couldn't tell if the bathroom was dirty or just old.
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
"Expected better"
The hotel hallways were long and dark and not clean. The night desk lady wasnt very helpful in answering questions and giving us proper tips and general area on were we were staying and informing us that the hotel had two elevators and what actual amount of deposit would b held on credit card.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2015
Melanie
"Buyer beware!"
Run down. I am very surprised they are still in business. Always thought Wyndham was a reputable product. We are realistic when it comes to less expensive hotels, but this property apparently does not care about the basics like cleanliness and updating no matter how old the structure.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
Beth
"So bad I Did not even check in!"
So bad I Did not even check in! Smelled like urine... Very old. Needs major improvements.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"Not worth the $"
Staff at desk were wonderful. The hotel however was a disgrace for the price. Perhaps they should hire a cleaning crew and maybe vacume the carpeting? Sweep the floor in the elevator? Repair the broken curtain rods, replace the missing drain stop in sinks. Repair the faucet in the shower? Hotel is in BAD condition!!
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
poor condition
"DO NOT STAY HERE!"
We came to Austin for the F1 race. Checked in, saw the room, and made a mad scramble to find a different hotel. Checked out two hours later. This place resembled a crack house. They never vacuum, stains on the carpet, and the smell is stale, moldy and extremely smoky. They obviously don't enforce the no smoking policy!
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
"Run down and out of date"
Our room had dead crickets on the floor in corner and a beetle bug crawling around. Bathroom mirror coming off wall and ceiling tile was missing. Only one garbage can in whole room. Breakfast was barely edible, coffee horrible.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Brandi
"It's not pretty but it works."
It's not the nicest place to stay but it's functional.
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"weekend getaway"
this hotel was 50/50. the beds were comfy and staff was nice but the hotel smelled of either smoke or sewer water each day we would come back to it. We also found about 9 dead crickets in our room by our window so not sure if someone wasn't cleaning correctly, other than that it was good.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
alejandra
"dont stay here. dirty and full of crickets"
Dirty, full of crickets, ugly room. House keeping needs to do some work here
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
"Upgrade needed"
Parking lot was partially used for construction trucks so a lot of spaces were unable to be used, room was infested with crickets!! Had to kill at least 5 in my 3 night stay, it definitely needs some upgrading!!
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Alexis
Staff was very accommodating. Free breakfast is awesome. Location was perfect
5 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
The staff was really helpful and friendly but, the hotel is a dump. It is like they just surface clean. Even though the pool is really nice, the area is dirty and unkept. Gym was a joke and the area is not desirable. I was really disappointed with the hotel itself.
4 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
"Clean but needs major update"
Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Hotel needs a major update
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Tiffany
"Hotel infested with bugs, poor conditions."
The pictures in page are not at all real, they maybe were at some point but this hotel was infested with crickets and roaches. The halls leading to the rooms smelled a lot like cigarettes. Wireless internet not fast enough if you could get a signal. Room: Was not cleaned well, there was some garbage left from previous guests. There was a part of the room were it used to be a mirror, you could tell because the space was not painted. Bathroom: Toilet was not properly installed so it moved as you seated. The tub was dirty, and the shower had low pressure. Toilet seat and the sink had cigarette marks. Ice Machine was gone, and if you wanted to go to the ice machine we found some shoes abandoned and a dirty chair. Breakfast was good. They served eggs, muffins and sausages. Little bagels, waffles and fruit, I saw some reviews that the breakfast was awesome but it's not, it's normal, and it also ran out of supplies really fast, specially bagels and yogurt.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Brenda
Horrible service. Left the room at noon and they didn't clean the room. Overcharge for made up reason.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
Came in for ACL weekend so not many choices. It was ok. Pretty old but room was clean. Would not likely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Will Never stay Again"
Rooms are very filthy. We found dead crickets and cockroaches underneath our beds. By our second night, we noticed that the sliding door curtains were stained real bad. We just felt very unclean staying there. We did run into a lady there that stopped us and said "i would never bring my kids here". We asked why and she also mentioned how unclean the facility was. She had called health and welfare and other inspectors. She told us that she was refunded $1500 of her stay. I should of done the same but was to busy and i didnt want to sit there and go thru the process.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Idahoan
"Not inpressed"
At this price point I expected a much cleaner and better maintained hotel. From the smell of old cigarette smoke, to the live and dead crickets in the room and rundown condition of the room it was not a pleasant stay at all.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Timothy
"Crickets in room"
The crickets kept us up most of the night. We were not made aware of the problem ahead of time.
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
Oscar
"Might not give a second try..!"
powdered eggs are horrible but rest of breakfast buffet was OK, found old qtips and dust under bathroom sink. Door to balcony was horrible to open, rails needed to be cleaned and lubricated. Loads of construction vehicles in parking lot and very unnerving to be oogled by construction workers staying at the hotel.
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"do not stay here"
Both of the elevators feel as if you're going to fall at anytime, there we cricket and other bugs everywhere.... the breakfast was absolutely terrible. All the coke machines were out and no where to get ice. Half of the hotel smelt as if dead animals were everywhere. The A/C went out in our room and many others.
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
tony
"Don't stay here unless you have to!"
What a dump! Old motel in need of complete redo. Mattress was uncomfortable, pillows were old and lumpy, and towels were thin and very scratchy. Hallways smelled pretty bad. Didn't bother to try breakfast; just wanted to leave!
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Really quite
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
yoennis
"Bugs and Thugs"
The place was filled with dead insects, dusty candy on the floor and people living there short-term who complained about bed bugs.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"Never again at this place"
Facility was dirty everywhere. Hallway stunk of cigarette smoke. Towels were so thin you could see through them and so small they wouldn't wrap around my wife who is a size six or less. I'd pay $50 more for a nicer place in the vicinity any day.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015