All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
1006 Royal St, New Orleans, LA, 70116, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Place, Great Price"
Nice place, stayed in a room off the courtyard. Very clean and cozy.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
"Great location and helpful staff"
Room was clean and bed was comfortable. It was great for my husband and me.
4 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Kara
"Quaint Boutique Hotel in the Middle of NOLA"
It's literally in the perfect location you are no more than 6 blocks from anything you would want to do in NOLA: The Quarter, Bourbon, Riverwalk, Aquarium, Jackson Square.HR has a very historic NOLA charm with its exposed brick and open courtyard but with modern decorating. It was a beautiful hotel. The staff was amazing. I felt like a celebrity how they bent over backwards to help me. Complimentary breakfast was muffins, cereal, juice, and coffee but who wants a complimentary breakfast when Cafe Du Monte is a block away lol. Parking was awesome at only $28 a day including tax. And it was right behind the hotel. So it's a great location. Cons are this....the stairs weren't bad for me but I know some might be annoyed by the. The bell hops are happy to carry your bags but it's still several stairs. Shower was sort of tiny but not claustrophobic. Def only meant for 1 person though. Biggest complaint when I got there was that the thermostat only when down to 72....but with the ceiling fans going we never once sweated or was uncomfortable. We actually got cold a couple of times. So in the end it wasn't a big deal. The building is historic so the doorways are not standard width so if you are a wider person that could be an issue. Overall I loved the hotel. Already booked another stay with them. Thank you Hotel Royal.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Dewey
"A Royal Retreat"
Greeted by a warm and friendly staff. We were awed by the decor, the charm and the cleanliness of the establishment. Top notch service from Eric! It was an incredible stay and the location is perfect.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Tanya
The hotel was beautiful, and we really enjoyed our stay. It was in a great location: walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Our only issue with our stay was the AC didn't seem to be working properly. Our room was quite hot during the day but was fine at night.
3 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Perfect Solo Vacation"
I decided to take 2 weeks and go on my first solo vacation to New Orleans. I was so glad I chose Hotel Royal for my stay. Everyone was kind and attentive. I will definitely recommend the hotel to anyone that I know is going to NOLA and when I decide to make another trip, I will be staying here. Thanks for making my vacation perfect!
11 night trip May 12, 2015
Nichole
"Absolutely recommend!"
Great hotel with a great location & outstanding staff. Got a great rate online & would absolutely recommend this hotel & I would stay there again.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Suzanne
"Great Location & Friendly Staff"
Staff was very welcoming & accommodating. Great location for sight seeing, restaurants all within walking distance in the French Quarter area. Staff was helpful as far as restaurants and sight seeing. Rooms were clean and it was pretty quiet all around with a cute courtyard.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Jerry
"Staff and location"
The staff was friendly and greeted us every time we saw them. The location was great. One street south of bourbon street. Continental breakfast every morning. The room was clean. It was small but comfy.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Nick
"A great New Orleans style hotel"
I would book this hotel again. The staff was extremely helpful and the ambiance wonderful.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Great location. Fairly small room that only had the bare necessities
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Room was very clean staff was very polite and very"
Room was very clean staff was very polite and very helpful, situated and quiet area of French quarter, but not too far to walk
3 night romance trip May 11, 2015
KEN
"New Orleans getaway"
Beautiful renovated hotel in the middle of the French Quarter. Make sure you have a parking spot secured ahead of time because I had to park 5 blocks from the hotel. Despite that i had an excellent stay!
"Location, location, location!!"
Fabulous location; close to everything; restaurants, Bourbon Street, and the French Market. We thoroughly enjoyed the quaint courtyard. Modern facilities in an historic building. We would definitely return to Hotel Royal.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Wonderful Hotel"
Hotel Royal was great! The room was small, but it was an impromptu trip and just me, so I wasn't looking for much else. The room was very clean, up-to-date, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel staff were very friendly and helped me find where I wanted to go. I didn't get a balcony on my room, but there was a public rooftop that I had to myself the whole trip. The location was in the middle of everything...one block from Bourbon street and only a couple of blocks to the French Market. Royal street is filled with art, shops, and musicians, so there is never a lack of things to see. Despite its close proximity to the action, the area surronding the hotel was comfortably quiet. The only complaint I would have is that the hotel echoes. Anytime a door closes in your wing you hear it, and sometimes it gets loud when the staff is cleaning. However for a very old building with so much charm, it's a small price to pay. I will definitely stay here again the next time I make it down to New Orleans!
4 night trip May 5, 2015
"parking issues"
It was a great little stay! For the money it was ok I did not like the fact there was no parking at all! We had to park several blocks away. had I known I would have stayed at a hotel with at least a parking deck. Other than that I enjoyed our stay
Susanne
"Romantic Getaway"
The room was alittle small but cozy for me and my wife. Very clean. I would stay at Hotel Royal again for me and my wife a little romantic getaway.
"Major rip off!"
The only positive thing about this hotel was it's convenient location. Other than that, there was no parking, no elevator, the floors were so slanted that it felt like you were in a carnival funhouse, the staff were not helpful at all, the free breakfast included a couple of muffins and coffee, the room was microscopic, and many more unpleasant things.
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Jordan
"Ok place for the price & location"
We got a pretty good deal on a deluxe room, but my friend wanted one with the balcony so she upgraded us for an extra $50 a night. The bellmen were incredibly nice & provided us with great service and the hotel itself is a pretty cool piece of history. Cons: So we paid an extra $100 for our stay, in a room with only one shower door (that they of course did not tell us about) & we had to clean up puddles of water after each shower; There were some pretty huge roaches in our room; & the hotel does not have elevators- so if you hate going up & down 3+ flights of stairs constantly, I would recommend getting a room on the lower level.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Awesome location, comfy hotel!"
Booking with this hotel was a gamble having never been to the French quarter before but it was well worth it! The room was kind of small but comfortable enough. We had the standard non balcony full bed. We unfortunately purchased a rental car for an obscene amount of money coming to find out we only needed it to drive to the hotel and back to the airport. The location of this hotel was amazing. It was not on a busy and loud street but had easy access to to the whole French quarter. Only complaint was that the AC was stuck on 72 which was bearable but with the humidity it would have been nice if it was a little cooler. We will be back!
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"Comfort in the French Quarter"
Incredibly friendly staff and very willing to help with everything and anything. Great location close to restaurants and shops.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Boutique hotel in the French quarter"
Excellent location, attentive and helpful staff, modern decor in and old building.
Other trip May 10, 2015
mary
"Last minute great deal"
1 block off Bourbon Street. Great fun
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
"Nice hotel, bad parking"
We loved the location of the hotel. It's near everything. Rooms are small, but the bathrooms make up for that. Parking would be the biggest downfall. There are only 6 spaces. If you don't get one of those you have to park in public parking a few blocks away from the hotel. 26$ a night for hotel and public. The staff was excellent!! The no elevators wasn't too much of an issue because the staff will take your bags to your room. Overall it was a cozy nice New Orleans hotel(Inn).
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"mouse at the royal"
There was a mouse in our room and no one has contacted us since we left though they said they would
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"Will be back!"
There was a bad storm the morning we were to check out and the hotel was so courteous to let us stay until the storm passed. Courteous and very helpful staff. Very quaint and historic hotel.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
kelli
"Not the best bang for your buck!"
Not worth the price to stay here. Room was okay but not much better than an average hotel. Top floor room have a balcony without a canopy/roof and you can sit on the balcony when it's raining as it was when we were there. No elevator and the stairs have poor lighting. Continental breakfast was really small with minimal selections. Good point about this place is its location. Not too noisy and you don't have to drive after a night of partying.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Great Service in a Fresh Traditional FQ Hotel"
I love refurbished old hotels like the Hotel Royal and this was has been decorated in a beautifully fresh way without taking away from the overall historical appeal of the building. I upgraded to a balcony room to get more space and natural light - many of the other rooms I was shown either had very small dormer windows or inside courtyard- stairwell facin windows which provide very little light. I enjoyed the balcony room thoroughly. I must note that the front desk and bell staff were extraordinarily accommodating as it I went through my onsite room selection process and upgrade. All staff is simply fantastic!!!
4 night trip Apr 2, 2015
Jeffrey
"Worst stay ever"
Worst stay in hotel in my life checked out a day early my room was next to unsecured smoking lounge nothing but a window between it and me I was supposed have had king size bed I'm 5'5 fortunately my fiancé couldn't make trip received no discount in price even though I booked months in advance the room was the size of a broom closet worst experience ever
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
"so-K"
I asked for a single queen deluxe room with a balcony....instead there only availability was two queens an a small balcony .So they conveniently said you can upgrade for another 50$.So i bit the bullet an went for it cuz there room was so much better then there first offer. MY GRIP IS I WOULD OF NEVER BOOKED TWO BEDS WHEN IT WAS JUST MY GIRLFRIEND AN I .
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Jassen
"Just far enough off Bourbon to be perfect....."
Great little hotel a block away from Bourbon, but far enough as to not have the craziness. Rooms are small, but comfortable, and had a balcony to sit outside and watch the area. Bed was more than comfortable. Building is old, but wjat isn't in New Orleans. Walking distance to Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, and the heart of the Quarter. I'd stay here agin in an instant.
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Greg
We were there for a long week end and enjoyed the comforts of a truly first-class accommodation.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Location and atmosphere was great! Room was unexpectedly small BUT very cozy, quaint and clean. Bed was super comfy. Staff is very friendly and always eager to help. Will stay at this hotel on our next trip.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Rhonda
"Continently located to all the attractions"
When we checked in, they had given our room to someone else so the hotel corrected the problem quickly by upgrading as to a nice balcony room. This hotel is so convinent to all the shops and attractions to walk any where we wanted to go. It's definitely somewhere we will be staying again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
kristi
"Hotel Royal"
Awesome old New Orleans hotel. Lay out is a little non conventional, and you are going to have to walk some stairs, though the experience is worth it. Check out the courtyard. The series, The Originals filmed vampire scenes there
Other trip May 4, 2015
"very friendly staff"
we had a friend join us and had to change to a larger room. The woman at the front desk bent over backwards to accommodate us. she could not have been more helpful. this will be one of my first choices of a place to stay in the French Quarter
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Great location, nice courtyard. The bathroom was large and updated. The staff was very polite and friendly, and we had no issues leaving our bags there after checking out. They called a cab for us to take us to the airport and everything went smoothly.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Great locale"
Although our room was small and counter space is lacking in the bathroom, we absolutely loved our experience. Muy was great walking into a room and being able to smell the cleanliness before we could even see it. We were within walking distance of not only everything in the French quarter, but also the main drag. The hotel had so much character. The only thing it lacked was a mini fridge to be able to take our left overs home for later. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Bee
"Intimate French Quarter boutique hotel"
Such a lovely hotel that is authentic to New Orleans culture. Be advised that rooms are small--but you shouldn't be spending too much time in there any way! Also, you may have to climb some stairs so don't pack too heavily (no elevator). Our experience was wonderful, especially thanks to Eric who helped take care of our bags and had a taxi waiting for us when we were ready to head to the airport. His service and hospitality should set the bar for every hotel employee! He gave me and my fiance hugs when we left. That's NOLA friendliness for ya!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Kristin
"Charming and clean"
I absolutely loved my stay at Hotel Royal. It was completely darling and I felt like I had stepped into another world. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel to all of my friends.
1 night trip with friends Apr 22, 2015
Kate
"Enjoyable."
Everything was great. Friendly and helpful staff. Keep in mind, being an old building, rooms were small and not as insulated. You could hear every door close on the floor. But you get use to it. I would have liked housekeeping not to be cleaning at 9 am on Saturday morning when guests are sleeping and of course...being able to hear everything.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Cody
"Great honeymoon!"
My new husband and I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon.We had a great time. It was nice and clean and the service was great. it was right in the middle of where we wanted to be in New Orleans. We were on the 4th floor with no elevator but the staff was helpful in getting our bags to the room and assisting with all of our needs. We will be back soon!
2 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Leslie
Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Location was excellent. A little noisy but I would definitely visit again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Beautiful historic hotel in great location"
The Hotel Royal is a beautiful historic building with an amazing central courtyard. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Parking is extremely limited but worth the $26 a night if available. The hotel is located a block from Bourbon Street and three blocks from Decatur, making it a perfect central location for almost everything you could want to see. Our room, number 25, was on the ground floor and closest to the street, but we had very few issues with noise other than what you must expect, a little rowdiness in the early evening and street cleaning in the mid morning. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in in New Orleans, the perfect mix of historic charm, great location, and superior service. We will definitely return and recommend to everyone we know.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Mandi
"Nice Stay"
Great stay. Larger room with balcony was really nice. Absolutely a no frills hotel, but very kind staff and amazing location!
4 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Hotel is decent"
We stayed here for our anniversary. The first room we had was up several flights of stairs. It was very warm in the room because of its location, the locks didn't work, the towel bar broke and the handle on the sink broke. When we complained, we are given a court yard room that was much better. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The location is convenient.
3 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Great location in the French Quarter"
We had a beautiful and spaceous room. Our room was in the "Superior" classification. We understand that there are several levels of rooms and some might be very small. Check on that during your reservation process. There is no elevator, so if that is an issue for you, please make sure you check to see how high your room is when you make the reservation. The location was perfect for us. Hotel Royal is near good food and music, but is not right on Bourbon Street, so the amount of foot traffic is more comfortable. The staff was great - helpful and very friendly. We enjoyed our stay; our room was beautiful and we hope to return.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"The dungeon"
We paid more a night than I did for the best resort at Disneyworld and even paid an upgrade fee each night on top of that. We got stuck on the ground floor under the stairs next to the housekeeping closet. The windows were boarded up for security so there was no light in the room. The shower had a half glass swinging door that leaked water all over the tile. There were rust stains on the tile around the toilet, the towels were the cheapest most abrasive towels. I have had better at a motel 6. The bed sheets didn't fit and they came off constantly. The safe was anything but. It wasn't attached to anything so anyone could have walked off with it. Maid service for the entire hotel started and ended outside our door all day, that had to close the closet to let us in our room and move supplies back into the closet to let us in and out. Our keys took 15 tries to find the right position to open the door. We complained day one but nothing was ever done. I was held hostage as nothing else was available. Horrible place and a horrible experience except the staff did the best they could under the circumstances.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
MWM
"Great Place!!!"
We went to Nola for our anniversary and this place was amazing and the perfect place to stay. it was just far enough away from bourbon st so you don't have to hear it all and close to everything! The people were super friendly and so helpful. Will stay there when we go back.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great staff, ok hotel"
My wife and I spent a week during Easter at the Hotel Royal. The staff was the best I have ever had. Especially Erich! The room was nice - we had one of the large rooms with a balcony on Royal. The balcony was huge. It was shared with another room but no one was staying there so we had it all to ourselves. The gay pride parade went right past us which was great. The down side was that the floors in the room were kind of dirty - I think because the balcony was dirty and the dirt was dragged in over time. The staff did vacuum the room everyday but I think they needed to mop to really get the dirt up. We could not walk around in bare feet without getting them dirty. I would highly recommend some shower sandles! The other issue was the noise. As I said the room was right on Royal. The garbage trucks start around 4:00 am. Then the street cleaners. Then the buses come drop off the kids for school across the street around 7:00. I was able to close the storm shutters in addition to the window and inside shutters which helped a bit, but it is unlikely you will be sleeping in, at least in the room we had. On the good side we got up early enough to do all kinds of stuff! The location of the hotel is good as far as walking around the Quarter. Overall we had a good stay and as I say the staff was great!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015