All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1006 Royal St, New Orleans, LA, 70116, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"In love!"
The hotel was beautiful and the staff was ABSOLUTELY awesome and friendly. We were treated extra special and look forward to going back already. A great place to stay for sure! The balcony suite it to die for!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Brooke
"Decent place - watch parking"
This is your typical French Quarter NOLA hotel; it was converted from something else. That makes the room configurations a little awkward. The room I had might be one of the more extreme versions of that as there was nearly 30 linear feet of 36" wide hallway to travel after entering the room door to get to the actual room. The bathroom door was very narrow, about halfway down the 2nd segment (after turning a corner) of the hallway. I'm not a huge guy, but my shoulders wouldn't fit through the door without hitting both sides... A person much larger than me would have had to find a public restroom elsewhere as they'd have little ability to utilize the one in this room. The room, despite its awkward configuration is very well decorated and is very pleasing to the eye - the limited space was efficiently utilized. The room had no desk nor place to work, so if you need that (which I did) you have to find some other 3rd-space location with wifi to hang out to do any work - they did have free internet, but if you don't have a tablet, it really isn't helpful. Expedia says "self park" - well, they should change that to be more indicative of what it really is...street parking or parking in a small lot for which you pay extra + tax for the privilege of doing. If you opt for street parking, you have to be mindful that they clean the streets one morning each week; you can't be parked on the street the morning of cleaning day - they likely will tow you; I wasn't going to find out.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Vinny
"Great find in the French Qarter"
Great hotel with friendly staff and in a quite location right off Bourbon Street. Will stay there again and recomend as well.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Nice hotel and a good price. Great location. Waking distance to just about everything. Friendly staff. The standard room is small but cozy. I'd definelty stay here again.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"good hotel for the money close to everything"
staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were small but nice. A lot of steps if on upper levels. I would stay again.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great location in the French Quarter"
Located on Royal Street, it's easy walking anywhere. I wouldn't dream of trying to deal with driving or parking. Small restaurants are nearby, as well as little grocery/liquor stores. The hotel is quite charming. However, the room designer forgot utility - there's no place to put toiletries in the bath or by the bed. Thank goodness the closet is large, but searching in your suitcase in the dark wasn't the best. The bed was terrible - we found ourselves stacked in the soft middle night after night. This would be fine for a short stay, but the room is not very convenient or comfortable for more than a few days.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
POB
"Nice place!!"
The place was really nice, it was near everything, pretty and confortable.
3 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Lays
"No wifi,small rooms,but close to everything"
Staffs were all very nice especially the gentleman who helped us with carriers; he helped us with the map and kindly & thoroughly explained where to go, what to do there, and how to get there. The deluxe room was more humble than I thought; it didn't have a Jacuzzi tub as described by Expedia (had a standing shower), the room was smaller than expected (but was cozy and very clean), and there was no wifi probably because the room was on 3rd floor all the way at the corner of the building.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
R
"Cozy hotel!"
Wonderful staff. Concierges, bellmen, housekeeping... all of them were very kind and very, very helpful. The hotel is a gorgeous old single family home (the friendly concierge told me a bit of it's history as he showed me to my room, which I loved hearing!) and when you're staying there, you really feel like you're staying in New Orleans. If you like the feel of larger chain hotels with all the to amenities, you won't like it here. But if you need a friendly, cozy place to sleep at a great price, I'd recommend Hotel Royal. My room was teeny tiny, but I didn't mind in the least as I spent all my time out in the city. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious for such a small room. The ONLY thing I was "unimpressed" with was the complimentary breakfast. Just a few store bought pastries and watered down coffee, but it didn't phase me in the least since I was having such a good time. Besides, YOU'RE IN NEW ORLEANS, dude!!! Why aren't you getting beignets and drinking chicory coffee for breakfast?! You're not doing it right! Anyway, stay here for a lovely time! Thanks hotel royal :)
5 night trip Nov 22, 2014
DELANEY
"Just wanted to sleep in peace!"
My husband and I stayed at Hotel Royal for a short one-night getaway. We paid $184(Thursday night only) to stay in what we expected to be a nice, comfortable room. The staff was very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. The problem is that is the only nice thing I can say about this stay. The room we were assigned was incredibly small for the price. There was also a dirty looking leather chair in the corner that I wouldn't even touch. The worst part of the stay was that the door had apparently been kicked in at some point and the deadbolt was missing and the door was split. My husband ended up putting the dirty chair against it so we could sleep in peace. I just wanted to share our experience in case we can help someone else out. We love visiting New Orleans; we just expected a more pleasant hotel experience for the money.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Amber
Good location. That is all Expedia 'allows' me to write
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
S
"Nice hotel in the French Quarter"
The hotel was small but very nice. I feel we paid much more for the room through expedia than we were supposed to. I will not use expedia again.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Located in the French Quarter"
Very cool hotel. Getting to our room reminded me of Escher Art. We would definitely recommend Hotel Royal for a place to stay.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Jill
"I liked it but you may not"
I loved this hotel, but not everyone will. It's small, it's old, it's clean and it's fun. This is not the Hyatt or Holiday Inn. It's a small, historic building right in the heart of the French Quarter. Not all my power outlets worked. There was a gap at the bottom of the door. The shower was tiny. But....it had the most awesome brick courtyard. The stairs were wood and wound up and down. The rooms were not in numerical order. The bed was big and comfortable and the room itself was very clean. It's as non-generic as you can get. I'll stay here again.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Cramped"
On the plus side, let me say the hotel staff were as helpful and friendly as any I've ever encountered. The room was clean, there was a refrigerator, and the bed was very comfortable, with ample large, fluffy pillows. The location was good -- on Royal street a few blocks east of the cathedral, a quiet and safe area of the Quarter. However, our room was also very small and cramped. It had about the kind of closet you'd expect in a hotel room, but other than that there was no storage space. A small table and a small bar-like area offered some surface area, but there was no chest of drawers. In fact, there wasn't a drawer of any kind anywhere in the room. If your the sort of person who travels with a fair amount of luggage, you're going to find this lack of storage space most inconvenient. The bathroom, was even worse. Yes, it was clean and the shower provided lots of hot water, but it was even more cramped than the bedroom. The shower was perhaps the smallest I've ever used. Even I felt a little restricted in it, and I weigh 145 pounds. There is a free-standing sink, but it is tiny; I measured it at 7 1/2 by 10 inches. And there is no counter space -- none whatsoever -- so leaving your toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, makeup, etc. out for easy access is impossible. I wish I could rate this hotel more highly. Maybe the other rooms -- or some of them anyway -- are larger and better appointed.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
C. L.
"In the middle of the French Quarters"
We enjoyed our stay in New Orleans, we had the right hotel in the middle of the action. We were in walking distant of many of the attractions, food and shops. The hotel had a hme tyoe feeling for me. We had a room on the first floor which opened out to a court yard. The room was small but the bedding was excellent. My only concern was we did not have a dresser or shelves for our clothes, we lived out of our suitcases. However: the location made up for what was lacking in a larger hotel. If you want to feel and interact with the pukse of French Quarters then the Hotel Royal is where you may want to stay.
"Excellent inn next in the French Quarter"
Excellent inn, clean and friendly staff. Love it , will recommend and visit again.
Brenda
"Lovely boutique hotel one block from Bourbon St."
Perfect location! Within walking distance to anywhere in the French Quarter. Charming little hotel, lovely little courtyard, staff extremely welcoming and helpful. Will absolutely stay at Hotel Royal again!!
Caroline
Great location, easy to get to all attractions and restraunts
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Hotel Royal is a winner!"
Hotel Royal is not the typical hotel. Very small room. Location is perfect! Great for a weekend getaway.
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
"Too many steps to climb"
For this 75 year old, there were many steps to climb to room on third level. Other than that, all was '5' on ratings. Great staff at desk + bellman too.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Jim E.
"Nice hotel right in the middle of French Quarter."
Customer service was excellent right from the beginning. Everyone who worked there always asked if there was anything they could help you with ie. Recommendations, reservations, directions.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Trocm
"Couples getaway"
Clean comfortable with agreat location. I would recommend this to anyone
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Nice hotel - great location"
Perfect location in French Quarter - quiet street, walking distance to French Market, Bourbon Street, street cars, etc. Coffee shop across the street. Clean rooms - great staff.
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Stephen
"Excellent stay."
Great choice for Halloween night in the French Quarter. The hotel was nice & close to everything, it was clean and the air conditioner worked great! We enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Christopher
"Great location in the french quarter"
The hotel royal was a great place to stay. It was conveniently located just a couple blocks away from everything to see in the french quarter. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
It's a little small but it's a beautiful hotel. Had the delux room. Room isn't huge but a nice size. Loved the jacuzzi tub and staff were great! Nice location not too far from bourbon. Will definitely stay here next trip
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Toya
"Center of the French quarter near all attractions"
Staff extremely helpful and friendly with all aspects of our stay. Breakfast continental but good
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Suzy
"Exceptional staff"
Exceptional staff. They were there with anything . The only bad thing that could be said is all the stairs, but even that adds to the overall character of the place.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Great Location For Our Needs"
The building is lovely and right in the middle of the French Quarter which was perfect for our interests. There are a lot of stairs so for some people that could be an issue, fortunately for us it was fine. The staff were all kind and helpful, always offering to recommend destinations to visit or restaurants for different meals. They also held our luggage after checkout as our flight was hours later and had a cab waiting to take us to the airport when we came back. It could be because our visit was in October, but being only a block from Bourbon St was never a noise issue at all. The continental breakfast is definitely light, I wish there was a toaster but otherwise it was about what I'd expected and there are certainly a large number of good places to eat within walking distance.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Amanda & Mike
"Great location!"
Our reservation stated we booked a standard room but when we arrived we were told it was a petite room. The room was extremely small. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We had too many stairs to navigate with luggage.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Fifty something
Shower was not hot. Carpet very hard on one's feet. Beautiful, charming building though.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Great location within walking distance to everything we wanted to see but pricey with no perks
3 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"Hotel is in a great locations."
Hotel is in a great location one block of bourbon at the quite end. Hotel had a problem with hot water for one whole day. Said they would give us a 40% off that night. We shall see. Rooms were nice. Hotel is older and can hear others. Overall I would stay again.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Great hotel in quiet area of the French Quarter"
Stayed at Hotel Royal for 3 nites in October, well located to walk all over the French Quarter but also quiet area for relaxation. All front desk personnel helpful with directions, and always had a friendly greeting.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Nice Hotel right at the heart of activity."
Small intimate hotel. Updated rooms with spacious bathrooms. Streetside units can be noisy, but we enjoyed the revelry. Outside appearance needs work, but maybe limited due to Historical regulations. Overall, great place to stay. $$$
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
ROMAC2
Bed could use updating. Clean comfortable. Staff was excellent.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Remarkable customer service and hospitality. Small cramped room. Great location.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice hotel. Parking is a challenge."
Last minute booking after a meeting in New Orleans. Did not realize there was limited parking availability, which made it a little tough. Finally did find a parking spot on a street nearby. Room was nice and clean, very quiet. Close to everything available in the Quarter. Would stay again, but the parking is a challenge.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Great location."
Great location, clean rooms, and friendly staff. Only drawback was that our room was directly over a pub so it was loud. Thin walls, too. Great weekend hotel but if you are staying longer and/or want to get some sleep, you may not want this one. I'd stay there again for a short-term stay but five nights was too long for so little sleep.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Austin, TX
"Great Place to stay for a night."
I wanted to check out the French Quarter for Friday afternoon/night. Great location & service. Would certainly go back.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice and elegant. Room staff could do better."
The only complaint is the help staff. When they would clean the room lots of things weren't replenished. We had to ask and then go to the front desk. I know the front desk called because we saw them make the call. Also the hotel sold our 3 day parking from a private owners spot and we as the guests were verbally attacked by the owner.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
amy
"Inside the French Quarter"
The hotel was nuzzled in to a nice area, located within walking distance of Bourbon and Jackson Square. The staff were amazing!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Only objection require to put 150.00 extra on my AX said would be credited in 4-5 days after stay. Why?
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"French Quarter Convenience"
Within walking distance of everything from Bourbon Street to the river. Beautiful, clean and quiet.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Leigha
"Disappointing"
Rooms are very, very, very small!! Ours was smaller than a dorm room. Maybe 90 square feet around bed. Lots of stairs to navigate. No elevator. For the price, there is no bang for your buck! Only positive is that this place is located in the heart of the french quarter.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Great, super friendly staff"
I would recommend this hotel mostly because of the staff. Some of the best customer service I have seen in a long time. Also the location is great. Our room was nice & clean but not comfortable. It was a new part of the hotel that used to be a bakery. You can't turn the air down lower than 72 so it felt warm while trying to sleep. Plus the walls are very thin so you can hear everything(& I mean everything). I would stay there again but ask for a different part of the hotel.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Romantic weekend getaway"
Th room was small but clean quaint hotel great location not too far from Bourbon Street. Only stayed one night but staff friendly.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Erin
"Not like the Pictures"
Location is the best feature. The room was like a closet and if you are not good with stairs then stay away. Within walking distance of everything and ok for one night but not more. The setup of the rooms and all the stairs make it odd.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Good hotel overall"
Overall the experience at this hotel was great. The location is ideal for being in the French quarter. Very close to everything. When we first got there our AC didn't work properly in our first room, and then the room they put us in next was a little too noisy. So if you are to stay here just make sure everything works in your room first before settling in. But they are more then accommodating! They upgraded us and everything. The staff is so sweet and easy to work with. I highly recommend staying here. And as far as we know, it isn't haunted!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014