All hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePlaya Bávaro, PO Box 3177, Punta Cana, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Large resort"
Check in is brutal. Front desk staff are friendly but seem overwhelmed. Rooms are very nice. Breakfast is not real good, no decaf coffee at all, just instant coffee!!! Lunch buffets are good and the evening restaurants that need reservations are excellent. Drinks are plentiful and bartenders are not cheap with the booze when pouring. No free wifi anywhere which is terrible nowadays. $13 per day or $40 for a whole week. Pools are real nice, naturally. Overall a great resort, not excellent.
Response by Barceló Bávaro Beach - Adults Only - All Inclusive
Dear Guest, We want you to know, that your opinion is very important and valuable to us. For this reason, your comments are taken with special consideration as they help us identifying our improvement areas, giving us the opportunity to correct them, and thus achieve to offer our guests a service of the highest quality. We look forward to welcoming you on a future occasion, in this way show our commitment for service and customer satisfaction, and quality assurance stamp of our family Barceló Hotels & Resorts. Sandy Peil Director
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Fitz
"It was okay"
Definetly not for the 20-30 yr old crowd...more for like retired old folks, alot of hidden fees and fine print when you actually get there, property was beautiful though, my ocean view room was pretty exaggerated....rooms were like typical hotel rooms nothing special...free mini bar in room..which is some peanuts chips and cheap beer and coke...andy at guest services was awesome though! Very helpful and personable !
Response by Barceló Bávaro Beach - Adults Only - All Inclusive
Dear Guest, I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedbacks for continuous improvement in a future stay. Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis. Kind Warms, Sandy Pfeil Director
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
shivonn
"The Resort is beautiful but I would never return"
The resort itself is very pretty and well-maintained; however, there is not much else good about it. The food at the buffets was almost un-edible. The A La Carte restaurants were not much better. I would recommend La Fuente and to pay an extra $15 more to go to Kyoto. The Smokehouse was okay too. They only have one red wine that comes all inclusive and it is terrible. Other mixed drinks were okay but were made different at each bar. There was no consistency. I had to call housekeeping everyday as they would take clean towels and not replace them. They would not replace what was in the mini-bar. I had maintenance come 3 times during my trip. 2 times for the tub and shower which were sort of fixed. Not for the long term. I had also lost several English speaking channels that someone came to fix and it never got fixed. I do want to mention Jose at the Mamey Bar was excellent. I also had an amazing massage with Maria at the U Spa which was a very nice facility. The gym was okay but could use a good cleaning. I would recommend having a sit down breakfast at the Golf restaurant to avoid the breakfast buffet. Lunch at Strikers is safer than the large buffets. Also, to leave Punta Cana is not a fun experience. You have to leave your hotel 3 hours before your flight because the lines are so long at the airport. There is no A/C there either. Overall, I am glad I went to Punta Cana but I would not return.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Frequent Travel
Good hotel & nice staff, but the food & bar really need to improve.
"Beautiful Hotel & Beach... Perfect for a getaway!"
We had never been to an all-inclusive resort before and have heard all sorts of different stories about what to look out for... we ended up choosing Barcelo Beach Adults Only because it had better than average reviews. It is close to the airport which in some cases could be a red flag but not here. In a quick 15 minute drive we arrived... and the hotel is beautifully designed and well kept. Everything was in working order and very clean/organized. Check-in was extremely easy and within another 15 minutes we were on the beach with our first cocktail. The beach itself is absolutely gorgeous... and it's not very deep which we liked a lot. There are plenty of lounge chairs and it was never too crowded. The spaced out palm trees provided shade when you wanted it but could easily move to get into some sun. There aren't any servers that come out to the beach which kind of stinks but again it's a very short walk to the pool bar. The pool is nice but at night it got a little cool, so it would have been fun if they had a jacuzzi. I will say our room had a jacuzzi on the patio but it would have been more fun if it was in the pool area. There were plenty of free activities including pool tables, ping pong, bocci, etc. All of the staff were very friendly and most spoke decent English... I see some reviews people complained about the lack of English and I say to them get cultured and learn some Spanish! All in all it was a great trip and the adults-only aspect was great!
"Large resort with great beachfront."
I thought this resort was very nice and better than I expected. Very cool buildings, nice pools and a variety of different restaurants between the adults only and non-adults only side. The beaches were nice and clean. Seaweed washes up but they clean at night and during the day too. The food ranged a bit from okay to very good depending on where we ate and was more or less exactly what I expected. Most staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the visit. The included drinks were sufficient between beer(Presidente) and different cocktails and when we were at a restaurant they kept them coming. Very quality experience and would return.
"Not exactly what we were looking for......"
Looking for adults only all inclusive??? This isn't the place. Adults only resort is just a small portion of the resort. Main portion of resort where restaurants, casino, etc are located is family friendly. So plan on screaming kiddos smashing silverware off plates sitting next to you at dinner. Dinner was the only meal served at sit down restaurant in which you order off a menu. Other meals were buffet style and they frequently ran out of popular foods such as eggs. No swim up bars. Bars are located close to the pool and called "pool bars" but you have to get out of water, dry off, then go wait in a often long line to get a drink. Beautiful place to vacation but I would consider looking elsewhere for accommodations.
"Great vacations"
Just got back from Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort. We had a great vacation. Food is great, with a lot of choices. The hotel is marvelous as the beach. And workers go beyond their duties to please you. I would recomend this place to friends and family.
Carlos
"Very Nice and friendly staff"
I had a very nice time I would recommend anyone to this resort who wants to get away and put all their worries behind them the staff is very friendly and nice and answered all of our questions and concerns .I look forward to staying at this resort in the future
Tyrone
Golf course fantastic good restaurant nice staff excellent facilities
nestor
"BEAUTIFUL location, amazing resort!"
Days into our stay we were still commenting how gorgeous the location was, how clean and amazing the beach was, and how incredibly accommodating the entire staff was!!! From spotless surroundings to TOP SHELF food and beverages, there was always something wonderful to look forward to! We have boasted already to friends and family and won't hesitate to re-book!!!
"Nice Hotel with lots to do. Never got bored."
Loved this place. There was tons of things to do. We stayed at the adults only side during the day. Would lay at the pool or beach. At night we would go to a restaurant, shops, mini golf, sports bar, casino, disco, shows. This was all without leaving the resort. We never got bored and still didn't get to see everything and we were there for 5 nights. Place was very clean. Workers were literally scrubing the trash cans. Food was good. The only compaint I have is that the workers weren't the friendliest. They would eventually warm up to us, but it was like they didn't know how to joke. Were very serious.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Awesome"
We went here for our honeymoon and a great time! The food was good and the staff was very friendly. Do expect to wait for your room it won't be ready, but other than that it was a great vaction.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
nichole
"Expected more about Punta Cana"
I went there since i was close by in Santo Domingo for a weekend gateaway. The hotel was good, great food, the entertinment was ok, good drinks, the only complain was my bed, the pillows stunk and the bed sheets felt weird. I was hoping a king or queen size bed but they put me in two twins... Oh well... I was hoping to find more solo travelers to hang out with... Mostly families.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Great hotel on the best beach."
Staff is great and accommodating. Food is excellent except at the Bavaro Beach Caribe buffet short order food. The short order cooks are great but are not provided with the needed ingredients by the Chef or buyers in charge to do a better job. No natural garlic, no limes, no fish fillets. This has never been the issue at this hotel. And, still they do a great job. The reception staff is outstanding, especially Vianney and Yazmin, the flower of Bavaro Beach Hotel. The buffet staff is excellent and helpful. They will go overboard for you to have your most desirable food. And the chefs, except for the one at the Caribe bufett are always ready to please. Very clean and big rooms. Going there for +15 years. Will continue to go to the Barceló Bavaro Beach Hotel for years to come.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Hilda
Best experience ever!!! Hotel is awesome staff is great very professional and helpful with anything you need. Will definitely be back next year!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Nice stay 5 days"
All was great, the people is very kind and wants to make you feel good!!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Jose Luis
"Great location for an event, meeting, gathering"
This is a Great location for an event, meeting, gathering or just for yourself to get away. This was my second visit to the resort and I liked it even better this time. Last year I went by myself to get away and enjoyed it. While there I saw a sign for "Singles Week" in October. So this year I went during Singles Week and made many new friends and found the special activities and outings very well organized and FUN! I highly recommend this resort! One thing to remember is that English is not as freely spoken here as with other Caribbean locations so it will help if you know some Spanish. However, whenever a language barrier was encountered an employee was able to find someone who spoke English better and then communication was successful. Tip: Bring an extra swim suit as due to the humidity it will not completely dry overnight on the rack outside.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Miami L
"Love The Barcelo !!!"
I stayed at the Barcelo Bavarro(Beach side) in Oct '14. The staff was very professional and helpful with any discrepancies . The Language barrier was nowhere near the problem I thought it would be. The facility is huge and there's so much to do. Food was great (both with room service and the restaurants.) Complaints: 1.) Structure is kinda thin (obnoxious if your neighbors are noisy, and mine were) 2.) No cash accepted in the VERY expensive gift shops. Tip: Don't drink the tap water or eat the ice !!
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Courtney
"Beautiful Grounds; Not Gourmet"
The hotel grounds were great- so neat and clean. We stayed on the Adults Only side and I would definitely recommend it if you're traveling without kids. There is a significant amount of seaweed that is in the water and washes up onto the beach but they do an amazing job of trying to keep up with it as much as possible. We walked along the beach and saw tons of other resorts and they all had the same issue- only we thought our grounds (beach/pool areas) were by far the best on that stretch of Bavaro Beach. Only the food left something to be desired. Nothing was hot enough (or cold enough) and everything lacked quality and flavor. The buffets are as expected but we ate dinner out at all of the restaurants and didn't find any to be that good. We actually wished we had done the buffets a few nights as we found out they had "theme" nights that looked better than some of the restaurants we actually went to. Make reservations early if you want to do any of the free water sports- we tried to take the small Hobie sails out but they were booked up for days- we didn't know there was a reservation policy.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
J
"Beautiful place to relax"
I enjoyed a lot this hotel, excellent place to relax, service excellent, beautiful beach and nice people
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
jorge
"Okay, not great."
The overall resort is huge, the grounds are beautiful, and the beach is amazing. But, I found the rooms to be mediocre, the service so-so, the food meh, and the all-inclusive part to be just okay. If I hadn't been to nicer resorts with better all-inclusive benefits and amenities, then I'd probably think this place was fine. But you're provided with the bare minimum of snacks in the room (peanuts and doritos and sodas/beer). There is no beach service, so you have to walk to the bar (I know that sounds spoiled but I wanted to be spoiled!). The staff were fine; no serious complaints but they weren't overly friendly or helpful. E.g., drinks weren't immediately filled or refilled, those types of things you expect from a high-end type place. The main dining area was buffet service, and I'd say the food ranked below the quality of golden corral (which i don't think is that bad). There were several options but it didn't seem to change that much from day to day. The massage I got in the spa in the main resort was amazing; and really, the beach is beautiful enough to have made it an overall fine vacation.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"My stay"
The Staff was friendly and very helpful. Most of the Oceanfront rooms are not necessarily right at the ocean. There is a quick walk but it is well lit at night. There are several dining options; the food was good but not excellent. The ATM machines did not readily give cash in $US. We tried but gave up. Recommend you take cash in small bills for the market and the room has a safe. At the airport you will have to pay an entry fee (either $12 or $14 in cash). If looking for an all day party, this is not the hotel.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Sheila
"Great vacation - Absolutely fabulous hotel"
This was a vacation for a short time. So sorry, I didn't come for a more lenghty stay! This hotel was absolutely fabulous! Great service, beautiful shows, and the food was spectacular! We will definitely return for a second visit next year.
3 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
Ana
"Beautiful!!! Amazing!!! Must see!!!"
Was there for honeymoon and my birthday. My husband and I had an amazing time! The staff was very welcoming and friendly throughout the WHOLE stay. They had great shows every night but, our favorite was the tribute to Michael Jackson...AMAZING! The staff made us feel like royalty by checking in on us randomly, refilling our drinks or getting a new one (we never had an empty cup/glass), our room was cleaned everyday to perfection, no mosquitos in our room, fridge restocked first two days (not sure what happened the following three days- no beer), they noticed it was my birthday and had a cake waiting for us in our room after lunch. I recommend this resort to all my friends and family because it was breathe taking. I haven't felt this relaxed in a long long time. Thank you!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Steph
"Great place with many open beach chairs & drinks"
Close to the beach, lots of food & drink options and many free activities like water aerobics and nice club, shows and casino at night!!! Was a great, relaxing place to vacation and unwind!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
DD
"Wonder place for a vacation!"
Never felt so comfortable!! Staff are awesome and friendly. .
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Tina
"Trip"
It ws the first time we tried such a all inclusive deal. It was amazing generally speaking. We especially liked the facilities and beach over there, except for several times' unhappy experience made by the waiters at the restaurants which required reservations. And no one told us need to wear collar shirts and we were rejected to play the free golf unless we bought some expensive golf clothes at their golf shop.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Beautiful beach and resort"
Nice relaxing resort. I had hoped for a little more entertainment on the adult side but it was very mellow.
estrellita
"Very nice with minor exceptions"
Overall, our experience was very good.... The adult only concept works very well. Value of the package is excellent with all restaurants included in the package.... The French restaurant is not to be missed. Even call brand whiskies are no additional charge nor was the lobster dinner at Coral, the seafood restaurant. The negatives are as follows..... You will be ignored at the reception desk, at the gift shop, at guest services and at every bar if there is a Spanish speaking patron also waiting. Of course, a modest $5 tip will insure prompt service every time. Stay in an ocean view room and bring an ample supply of singles and fives (you will need them) Room, gardens, grounds, pools and beach are meticulously kept!
joseph
"Beautiful beach! Great value!"
Went back to Barcelo Bavaro Beach-Adults Only since we had such a great experience last year. Food and drinks were great, staff friendly. The landscape and grounds are kept in fantastic shape. Angel at Bar Bohio was a great bartender and always happy. Vicente at Santa Fe steak house and Coral was a great waiter. Like others suggest, make your reservations for a la carte dinners the day you arrive, unless you don't mind eating dinner at 10:30pm. The divemaster, Kelvin was fantastic to go diving with. He took us last year as well. The location of this place is tough to beat, right on one of the most beautiful beaches. What you get for the money is hard to beat as well. My only complaint this time was that we could not get a top floor room with king bed as we had requested 6 months ago when we made the reservation. They could only offer a king on 2nd floor or two doubles on top floor. We were bummed and surprised we couldn't get the requested room even with reservations made so far in advance.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Brad
"Nice but not great"
The hotel and the grounds are beautiful. They are constantly keeping the areas clean. The rooms are clean and spacious. Front desk is helpful and courteous. As for the buffet staff , they could be better trained. They take you drink order and then do not return for 30 minutes. The food at the buffet is the same everyday. There is never anything different to eat. Overall its a nice hotel , just disappointing food.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
allison
"Wonderful time at Barceló Bavaro Beach"
My wife and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary (and belated honeymoon) at Barceló Bavaro Beach (9/29 to 10/3/14). We both fell in love with the beach right away - jade color and calm as a swimming pool. The hotel staff was excellent. We did not have even one negative experience. In fact, everyone at the resort was extremely friendly and helpful. There were a variety of restaurants and activities at the resort as well as excursions outside the resort. We went horseback riding and visited Macao Beach (very beautiful) and spent time snorkeling with nurse sharks and stingrays. The staff on these excursions were excellent.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
The room was clean but nothing fancy and the resort was well kept. The beach is great and the activities are fun.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
Just stayed for 7 nights 9/27 thru 10/4 with my girlfriend. Hotel is wonderful, beautiful grounds, beaches and pool. We only went to family side for some dinners at the restaurants and spent a few hours at the sports bar. Room was perfect. Ice cold air conditioning, hot water in the shower, big comfy king bed and quiet with a view of the ocean from the balcony. Room was cleaned and restocked consistently each day. Buffet food was decent. We mainly did breakfast. Omelet station and french toast most days. Restaurants were ok. We ate at LeGourmet, Santa Fe, El Lindo and Kyoto. I would recommend El Lindo and Kyoto. Kyoto costs 15 bucks per person but is well worth it. Very good shrimp and steak. Drinks were good everywhere. We mainly did vodka tonics, margaritas, baileys on the rocks and some beer. All were good with sufficient amounts of alcohol. Sports bar also had good food and excellent service. Restaurant reservations are easily made with guest services. If you are looking to be waited on all day at the pool and beach, I would not suggest this resort. We have no problem grabbing our own drinks and rarely had to wait more than a few minutes, so we were very happy with service. Overall we were very pleased with everything and had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this resort for a relaxing, laid back vacation.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Rob
Nice hotel, staff needs to more friendly. Always seemed to be imposing on staff at front desk when needed any questions answered. Had feeling they did not like Americans. Food was good, would like more selections. All best restaurants were at main complex. Had a good time. Beautiful beach.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Beautiful place"
Hotel staff was very friendly.. The food could of been better. . Hotel was excellent.. would absolutely go back. .
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great location with pool and beach"
Resort is very nice. No complaints about comfort and cleanliness. The only thing we had a little trouble was the food. Buffet was excellent to look at but the hot food was never hot, even in the restaurant the food is lukewarm. Display excellent. The coffee is mud you have to ask for extra water to make it drinkable, but again everybody has a different coffee style. Most Restaurants excellent, except the Seafood restaurant, I myself and other people got sick. LOBSTER was mushy. I do not recommend this Restaurant. Otherwise very nice Resort. Maybe they could work on the shuttle service to make it easier to get away from the airport it would be a nice service. To receive more info on your stay you have to contact a travel agent, could be a hassle takes away from your vacation time. Just enjoy it is in the end very enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Andreas
"Beautiful beach & property. Staff seems annoyed."
Just got back from a 7 night stay at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel. The property really is beautiful and the beach is huge and beautiful with lots of options for direct sun, mixed sun and shade or shade. Our room had a nice view somewhat obstructed by trees but, that didn't bother us. We were supposed to have a garden view room. We were on the third (top) floor. I did email a request a couple of weeks ahead of time for top floor. Their response was that they'd put the request in my reservation but it was based on availability. We got there a bit earlier than 3 and our room was not ready. They invited us to go to the buffet and come back at 3. No problem. Check in went smoothly but did take a bit. I would agree with various reviews that they seem understaffed. I thought 2 people responsible for checking people in and answering calls was too much. I would also say this was true at the bar areas, most notably the adults pool bar- Bohio. Two people, huge line. I think people get sick of waiting so they order 4-6 drinks at a time and that creates more waiting. We thought the staff were bare minimum nice. Rarely any eye contact. Many of them kind of look beyond you, lacked smiles and do not make any attempt to connect with you. "Just doing a job" attitude. Our favorite people were the cable/TV technicians. Super nice, very friendly. The food was touch n go. You never know what ingredients are in the mixed salads, I saw moldy bread, waffles were super hard.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Beautiful facility & beach."
Great experience overall. A little mix up with our room at first; they put us in 2 double-beds v.s. the king we booked. It was corrected the next day with a bit of persistence but, with a much better location. Having access to both properties (Adults Only & the Deluxe) was a plus & we took advantage of both. The service staff was wonderful!
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
SW
"great atmosphere with good food and drinks very g"
aside from check in when we could not upgrade our room because the cost was prohibitive and staff said what do you expect? resort credits are deceiving...you have got to spend a lot more to use even a little bit of them.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
ken
"Nice hotel very close to the beach!"
The hotel itself is really nice but some of staff can be a little slow & rude. They are really quick to tell you NO and THEY WON'T DO IT. Also I would suggest making reservations the day you get there for all the places you want to eat. Not much nightlight on the grounds besides 1 club for adults which the music can be hit or miss. I would stay on the deluxe side next time.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Josh
"GOOD PLACE"
It is a good place to stay, the beach is amazing. However, the staff is not all nice, the room cleaniness was not good and there was a day they did not do it. Inside the hotel there are some categories according to the room you select but there is not any information about that in the webpage. I would go back again but it is not my first option!
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Best Hotel"
Hey this is my 4th time and still want to come back ) that means a lot!!!!!!!
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
MR JOHN
"Resort and experiences were awesome"
This place was awesome. The moment we got into the resort area, employees immediately helped us with our luggage. The check in was simple and easy. The employee who took out luggage showed us to our room and made sure to to show all the room features to us. This place was really all-inclusive. The showers even had bath gel, shampoo, and conditioner. They also provided bagged items you could use for free with soap, a shoe polish sponge, tooth brush and tooth paste, a large bottle of water (Ill get to the water shortly), and the room itself was beautiful with a good sized bed, a ceiling fan, plenty-o-air-conditioning, and a nice little porch with a table for two overlooking the property and the beach. We only did a few things, but they did give us the honeymoon upgrade for free (awesome!) and we even shelled out the additional for a couple relaxing massage (double awesome!). Beyond that we spent most of the nights watching their live performances at the Grand Barcelo Teatro (beautiful indoor amphitheater). The staff themselves were awesome! Very friendly and always willing to help out with just about anything. The pool was another bit of fun for us as well. I think we honestly spent more time at the pool than even the beach. But the entire location was clean (amazingly clean actually), what few extra's we splurged for were awesome, and overall the experience I would rate a 4-4.5 out of 5.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Lovely hotel"
This was our first time to go to the Domonican Republic....the resort was beautiful,the staff was so friendly. We had a wonderful time just relaxing by the awesome pool and the amazing beach. We would definetly come back and recommend the Barceleo Bavaro Hotel to any one wanting a nice place to stay.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Honeymoon experience"
Overall we had a great honeymoon! The service is good, but the employees do not smile or make small talk. The resort itself is gorgeous, and the all inclusive is excellent. We went golfing and ate at all but two restaurants. The food is repetitive, but still tastes good! So many drink options... Just make sure to bring plenty of $1s for tipping during your stay. We recommend going golfing, but bring your own balls and tees. We brought our own tees and balls and it was still $280 for the two of us (but the course is absolutely gorgeous). We used the kayaks and snorkeled right off of the beach. Definitely do this if you come here! The guests are much more international than we thought. As a newlywed couple we had hoped to meet other Americans to hang out with during our stay, but there were mostly all Europeans at the resort. Overall, you will have a blast here! Just don't expect many English speakers or a high level of service.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Tracy
"Relaxing at its best."
Can't think of a better all incl hotel. Fast check in, very informative staff to tell you how to get in order with restaurant bookings and other activities. Maybe difficult to book á la carte restaurants for the whole stay directly at arrival but was told it was the best to do. The Buffets where ok , á la carte wow. Breakfast was served in the buffets restaurants and had everything for everyone with extremely nice and attentive staff,,, their English will improve over time.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Patio opens to the beach"
This vacation was 7 nights, our 27th anniversary. I was disappointed. Upgraded our room when we got there. Room was hot and humid, as well as they didn't have fans. Not the cleanest. The water smelled like feces. It was a little more "upscale" than I expected. I like a more laid back atmosphere. U could not be in the pool after 8p. Sometimes u want to just hang in the pool, have a few drinks with friends. My husband was hoping there was a swim up bar, he was disappointed. The seaweed was horrible. It washed ashore constantly, which it understand they have no control over that. The beach was roped off so you could only swim so far off. I didn't like the constant party boats going by with their music so loud you could understand it. The buffet food was horrible, but the restaurants were great. Never got a bad cut of meat. We stayed in the adult side and there wasn't anything to do after hours. Other than a show that ended at ten. You had to go to the main side, a train trip away, if u wanted to party. It's a very large resort. The staff was awesome, except when you needed something like a fan. She kept pointing at the ceiling fan. I needed some personal items and something you would buy in the states for $3-4 was $9 in the gift shop (the only store). By the time you take a taxi to a store you would've paid the same. Overall, I enjoyed having a relaxing vacation, but the room could have been nicer. Expedia posted recent redos on the rooms. My guess it was the paint.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Shana
"Great Resort with Outstanding Staff"
Wife and I spent a week (8/13-20/2014) at the Barcelo Bavara Beach-Adult Only Resort and had a wonderful time. The Resort is very nice with lots to do and see. What really made our stay outstanding was the Staff! A special "thank you" to Anny for going above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed the amenities of the resort. A major highlight of our trip was returning to our room after a day of shopping/exploring downtown Punta Cana to find our room decorated with balloons, flowers, a cake and a bottle of champagne for my wife's birthday! All in all, it was a great vacation. Once again, a great big THANK YOU to Anny, and also to Dominga and Mabel of the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Staff, they are truly the best!!!
Other trip Sep 13, 2014