All hotels in Sparks, Nevada, United States of America

Service is adequate
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"quick stay"
We were only here for about 7 hours to get some sleep but were very happy. Front desk staff was very nice, room was clean, bed was great. Would stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you so much for taking the time to giving us your positive feedback! We take pride in our hotel and it is so rewarding when we have satisfied guests like yourselves.We hope to see you on your next visit to the Reno/Sparks area.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
"No air flow and noisy"
Windows don't open and HVAC doesn't work. Left over clothes from last guest. Noisy
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, all comments are welcome and serve as an opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. Please accept our sincere apology for the discomfort you experienced during your stay. We take your comments seriously and will do our best to rectify the problems you encountered.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"nice staff but few extras with price of the room"
Room was big, quiet, clean, and in good condition. Parking was good and the staff helpful. Shuttle is a rip off esp with more than one using it to places like the nugget. We took a cab with 3 of us and it was 6x less expensive. No coffee in lobby and one little cup maker in room so you have to get to the Restaurant by 930 am or miss out. Having to pay for a cup of coffee and no free shuttle to surrounding areas was a definate downer for repeat stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
We appreciate your feedback as it is very valuable to us. Thank you for letting us know you had a good experience with us in regards to to the helpful staff, good room conditions and parking. In regards to the shuttle service we apologize you didn't have the best experience during your stay. We take all our feedback very seriously only to make it better for future guests and hope you will give us a second chance. Thank you for your feedback.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Greg H
Overall hotel is good we've been staying there the last five years for ribfest the only two problems or concerns; swimming pool towels are too small and there was no microwave or refrigerator in our room, other than that it was a good stay and we will be back again.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking your time to write this review of the Holiday Inn here in Reno/Sparks .We are working on having all of our rooms furnished with a microwave and a refrigerator. It's great to know you had a good stay at our hotel and you have shown great loyalty to us that we appreciate very much! We try our best to have our guest experience a great and comfortable stay each and every time. Once again thank you.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great for annual rib cook-off"
Overall our stay was very positive and relaxing. This hotel is perfectly situated and in close proximity for the annual Rib Cook-Off and offers a convenient and complimentary shuttle to/from the event every 30 minutes which made our lives, especially with an infant, that much easier and enjoyable. The front staff were always attentive and friendly - although the bartender in the "restaurant" was not very pleasant. The room, king, was plenty spacious for my husband, me, and our son as well as comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for your very thoughtful review for the Holiday Inn . We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our shuttle services was helpful in making it a success. We take your comments seriously and any issues that occur. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Lani Jacks
"Hotels.com SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The person at Hotels.com failed to tell me our room was whatever they had available, so when we got there at 10:00 P.M. ALL they had left was a SMOKING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to take it, there was nowhere else to go! It was horrible!! When I made the reservation the HOTELS.COM person led me to believe I had a room with a king size bed held for us. I will NEVER use this service again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Teresa
"disappointing experience"
hotel was located next to a refinery, a sterotype of the harshness of the nevada landscape. it claims to be on the Reno-Sparks route, but it is in fact on the edge of Sparks close to nowhere. The Holiday Inn looks like it's seen a better day. When we arrived (with a reservation), we were told that all the rooms were gone and they only had a room for smokers. After asking for a refund,a nd 20 minutes of searching, the manager came up with a room (double queen instead of the confirmed king). The internet didn't work and I was later told that they had 3 separate internet links with different codes and that they changed the code weekly. Does this make sense? Sounds like they have a hard time with technology! Further, the price was exorbitant for the general hotel rates in Sparks. We were asked to pay $200 a night for a room that in other hotels went for $119 for the same weekend (we only discovered this when we arrived). All in all, a disapporinting experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had here. During peak times like the Rib Cook Off it is very challenging for visitors to reserve a room and therefore the prices reflect this demand. Our hotel is a convenient 10 minute walk or a quick shuttle to the Rib Cook Off. We are conveniently located off of I-80 E. at 55 E. Nugget Ave. in Sparks, NV with easy freeway access and 10 minutes from downtown. The property is approximately 1 mile from Legends at the Sparks Marina and close to all Reno and Sparks attractions. Our Internet is available to all guests and the password is changed weekly for security purposes. We striveto make improvements for our guests and appreciate the feedback so we can continue to meet your needs and maintain the quality of Holiday Inn Standards.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
frank
"Better than expected"
Nice, clean hotel. Staff was friendly. My only issue was that there was no oversight of their shuttle to the Nugget rib cook off event that was taking place. We were told to wait in the lobby and they would let us know when the shuttle arrived. Another group saw the shuttle ran out, hopped in and we had to wait for it to come back because it was full. Also the hotel had problems with their phones in the rooms not working.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay here. The shuttle service we offer is very popular. I apologize that other guests cut in front of you as that shouldn't have happened. We had a technical issue with the in house phones that was quickly corrected. Thank you again for bring this to our attention as we strive to maintain the quality of services that the Holiday Inn has.
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
BT
"Hotel was centrally located to the nugget rib cook"
Nice pool and Jacuzzi clean nice lobby friendly staff would stay here
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments and strive to maintain the quality standards expected at a Holiday Inn.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Excellent hotel with a really weird breakfast"
The hotel itself is excellent: the room was clean and they have a fantastic pet policy. The only not fantastic part was the breakfast. It supposedly started at 6:00, but was still being set up at 6:30. There is no buffet or self serve option, and no explanation as to how to get food. I had to approach the woman setting up and ask whether I was in the right place (I was). Moreover, a cup of mediocre coffee costs $2. I'll be back if I travel with pets again. But otherwise I'll go somewhere with better breakfast options.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of of pet friendly services. Our breakfast is a full service menu.When we have large groups we will have a buffet style breakfast available if they choose this option. I am sorry about the confusion. We also have Breakfast packages on our website that you can choose. Thank you.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Easy reg., great staff and easy access."
Needed to cancel on a very bad B&B in the area and this hotel came through, Thank you
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We strive to maintain the Holiday Inn standards and it is always great to hear we are doing so for you, our valued guest. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Ricky
"It was ok"
The overall stay was ok...the heated pool was not heated at all!!! Not even a little. And the breakfast was 12.00 a person, it would of been $50 for us to eat breakfast. I thought all holiday inn's had free breakfast?
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We strive to maintain the Holiday Inn standards and will use your feedback to continue to do so. In regards to the Breakfast being included we offer our guests a breakfast package on our website if they planned on having breakfast in the hotel. The pool heater has been addressed and is repaired. We apologize for this as we were unaware until a guest brought it to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
kori
"The room was very comfortable. We would stay there"
Nice comfortable beds. Things were very clean and breakfast was very good. The girls liked th e pool. Keep up the good work
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
T
.I felt that this hotel was in need of cosmetic attention.. The staff was professional (not necessarily friendly) and rooms were clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
We appreciate your time to giving us your feedback on your stay here. The Holiday Inn takes your suggestions seriously and will hopefully reflect in the quality standards we strive for you, the guest on your next visit. Our staff is trained to be polite, professional and attentive to your needs.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Enjoyable stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for your feedback. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
G I
"Nice room if you don't mind the drive."
The room was large clean and had microwave and refrigerator. However, it is about 5 miles from Virginia Street.
"great service in restaurant"
I wish I could recall her name but she has a slight accent and she's blonde and she was awesome. Friendly professional and a great sense of urgency and hospitality
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our staff is trained to serve you in a professional and courteous manner and make your stay her an enjoyable one. We look forward to serving you at your next stay.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
monique
"Old hotel made to look new"
The staff was pleasant, but the elevator didn't work very well. We were staying on the 4thfloor and the elevator would not stop on the floor on the way up, only on the way down. The room is old, they trired to make it look new,but the furnishings are old and worn out. Overall, wouldn't stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback so we can try to make the necessary changes to improve your next stay here. It is our goal to take suggestions from our guests and implement them in Holiday Inn's quality standards. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you and hope that you would stay with us again and experience the difference.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Keri
"Joke"
Your company is a joke!
Response by Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to show you what improvements we have made to make your stay an enjoyable one as we take your comments seriously.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Disappointed
"Good Stay"
Had no issues. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Great location. Close to freeway. Very safe!"
My family and I enjoyed our stay. The service was good and the people where friendly. Could have had more people on staff for the busy Memorial weekend.The check in took some time. The wait was long! No early check ins. Other than that, everything was great.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Lee
"Convenient and Simple"
The front desk associates were very friendly, the new bartender was friendly and stayed open late so we could have a drink since we arrived late. Clean room, and parking was good. Workout room was pretty minimal- 2 treadmills and an elliptical. Right off the freeway, easy to locate- not much excite in the surrounding area.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Memorial Day Weekend Stay"
Positive points: 1. Convenient access from freeway and plenty of parking 2. For food we did not try hotel restaurant, but Denny's nearby ok 3. Room size large and clean 4. Staff friendly, although clearly overwhelmed by local sports event taking place nearby 5. Inexpensive for 3 day holiday Negative Points: 1. Mainly the room air conditioner - so noisy it was difficult to sleep and draft blew directly across the bed making it uncomfortable. 2. The exercise room had 2 treadmills - that's all. Its because of the room air conditioner is why I would not recommend the hotel to anyone.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Gym equipment and beds"
Gym could have been better. Beds were not soft and breakfast buffet was not hot.
Other trip May 27, 2014
josh
"Try the casino hotel."
The hotel security warning is the wonder of safety. Asked the hotel staff on the good eating place, eating at the hotel is the recommendation. Surprise! Try the restaurant at the casino. The steak house is great. Plus, you can try the slot machine!
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Wonderful Stay"
Everything about it was great. It is conveniently located by the freeway, but is very quiet. It is clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"quiet hotel, bed is comfortable"
We stayed for two nights, I asked the housekeeper to clean the room the second day, she said OK, but never did. The shower didn't drain for 15 mins after finish showering, it was discussing.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Y
Overall, OK. The bathtub was very slippery and we had to request a bath mat for it, but the staff was very accommodating. The only strange thing was that they bill themselves as having room service, but the 2 times we used it, the kitchen staff was overrun in the restaurant and we had to wait. The lady in the restaurant was very apologetic and very friendly and service-oriented, though. She was trying her best. We stayed there because that was where my son's group was staying and it was removed from the chaos of Downtown Reno.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
A Mom
"Good Hotel for overnight stay"
Stayed overnight...decent hotel...building/rooms are somewhat older....rooms are pretty basic...no complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Sam
I WAS BOOKED FOR A ROOM WITH BREAKFAST BUT ACCORDING TO THE FRONT DESK CLERK THEY ARE NOT SERVING BREAKFAST.THAT'S NOT A NICE WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMER.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
AUBREY
"Nice hotel away from the Gambling crowd."
Great place to have your dog. Clean rooms, friendly staff and very helpful. We would stay her again.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Sheila
"Quiet and peaceful"
Due to a death in the family we were in town unexpectedly. so happy to get a reservation here at the Holiday in for the last two day. we were glad to be away from the noise and casino atmosphere.When our brother got sick. someone warmed our can of soup for us. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Mel
"Good hotel"
Lobby was nice. free wifi and parking a big plus. Room was very roomy also really clean. Service was good too. Only thing i noticed during my stay was, the walls are really thin. the room could also use more lighting.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
Fred
"Not my best experience."
The location is not too bad, we booked last minute. The hotel needs upgrades: the draining system in the shower was bad, had to shower with water up to my ankles. The coffee maker is inside the bathroom. The AC did not cool the room and the outside wind filter through makin it very noisy. I did not get either of my rooms cleaned once out of the 2nights my family and i stayed there and was not given any type of compensation for it. The next morning even though i had my Do Not disturb sign on the door, the housekeeping lady knocked on my door waking me up at 8am to clean my room.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
traveler
Will never stay at this place again. I am surprised that corporate still allows it to keep the brand name. The room was dirty and in disrepair, not updating, disrepair. I could have stayed in a much nicer room for less than 1/3 the price of this room.
1 night trip Feb 3, 2014
Hotels.com gave us bad info. Wanted 2 rooms got conformation for 1 room. Asked for 1st floor no rooms on the 1st floor. Holiday Inn took care of us very good. Next time i'll go right to the hotel for info.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Chuck
"birthday trip"
All was nice, except for the customer service.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Michael Loze
"Comfortable & away from crowds of Reno"
Enjoyed stay. However, prior review indicated there was a shuttle to the Reno Air Races. Not true. Luckily, we had our car with us. Rooms clean & quiet. Personel friendly & helpful.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Gary M
"Hilton Reno-Sparks"
Very quiet, clean room. Breakfast was included and very good! I will stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Rib cook off"
They have shuttles to and from the cook of 10-10.. Very worth it and very happy
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"I would stay here again..."
Hotel was clean, staff were very friendly and inviting and they provided a free shuttle to the Rib Cook-Off and back for free which was a huge bonus for us. On the downside, I had called ahead when my son was no longer coming with us and arranged for a king bed room (my hubby is 6'6). My husband checked in while I stayed out with my sister and he was a bit tipsy, so by the time I got there and noticed we were in a double queen room, it was too late. In addition, the pillows were like fluffy round balls and pretty uncomfortable. Ultimately, we slept in separate beds which sucked however, we travel frequently and I will say, compared to many other places we have stayed in, the room was very clean and quiet, and the beds themselves were comfortable. Please invest in better pillows (and softer toilet paper) :)
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Alison
"Nice Hotel, close to Nugget for The Rib Cook Off"
Only stayed one time but was very pleased with the room.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Grace
Upon arriving we discovered we had reserved for the wrong day, actually we were one day late. Thanks to the staff and Expedia we were able to alter the dates of arrival and we were given a great room at no extra charge. We were in Sparks for the annual rib cook off and the hotel was on about a 15 minute walk from the venue. Plus the hotel provided a complimentary shuttle to and from the venue.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Disappointing."
Could not find an ice machine. The bar was extremely disappointing. As a bar manager, I could not believe that a bar would run out of whiskey?! Would not recommend nor stay at this hotel again. For the price of the room, it was all terribly disappointing.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"I will be very surprised if you post this"
Front desk staff were not very friendly nor attentive to our needs. I was there for hot August nights with my custom car and a trailer. I asked if I could park my trailer in the back corner as there were numerous others parked around the massive parking lot. I was told no. I then asked why there were others? They said they did not no but they should not be parked there? My friend who was staying with me then noticed a sign on the corner of the check in desk that said "trailer parking in the dirt lot to the east side of the hotel?" So why was I not informed of this when I asked them at the front desk? Then I asked for a roll around bed and was told that they were out but would call me back later that evening which no one ever did. Also the bath tub drain was plugged and very very slow to drain. Over all rating is a 3 do to poor service from front desk, and a lack of concern for the customers needs. However the cleaning staff was excellent, on time, very tidy and friendly. They obviously deserve a raise as I am sure they are underpaid.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2013
You know who I am
"Perfect location"
Was there for Hot August Nights was a great place to stay on the strip is just to much. Had a great room on the corner could still view the cars driving by and the mountains. Very relaxing.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Joel
"Easy I-80 access"
The hotel is definitely older. As evidenced by very few outlets in the rooms. The ones that were there were virtually non-accessible. The ones that were easy were in the bathroom. The on-site restaurant was also dated and limited. Not sure if I would stay again, but the value was reasonable.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
S
"Ok I guess"
Room and bed ok but only one worker at desk so no service at all and restaurant closed at 9 pm
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
Nors
"Great hotel minutes from the airport."
Not much to see around this hotel, but it is great if you need to stay close to the airport. Restaurant was good, rooms clean, nice to use the exercise room.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Hotel was ok. Aniversary stay."
we paid in advance for a king size bed. When we arrived there was only a gueen size left. In a handicap room with no plug ins except one in the bathroom. I ask why he said there is no garintee when you purchase on line. He just laughed and said just sleep in different beds. My husband is 6'6" and dos'nt fit in a gueen bed. We paid moor for the king and had to settle for what ever. It was our 35th aniversary.Great aniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip May 27, 2013