All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1200 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577, United States of America, ‏‎855-234-2788

2.6
"Not as good as before"
Rates great. Room clean except for floor. Beds were terribly uncomfortable. Great A/C. TV was fuzzy. No blow driers in room. When one was requested we were told one would be brought over. Never showed up.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
james
"May 2015"
My main issue was that the parking was horrendous. Parking garage about 2 blocks from the hotel. 2 elevators were slow and serviced 15+ floors, so there was a wait at times in the llobby. The room was comfy, plenty of towels, the remote for the tv didn't work and manually changing the channels was slow. There was a cigarette butt on the for when we checked in, oh and no blankets?? That was weird! We bring our own but it was still odd. The view was great. Check in was quick.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"our getaway"
It's was great we really enjoyed ourselves
3 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
ALICE
"What can go wrong did go wrong"
The outside carpet was full of trash dog fur sand our oceanfront room sit back away from the beach we see more palm trees than beach and we was on the Second-floor the heating on the Air-conditioner unit was cool when we needed heat it was raining and cool the ice maker was broke the room had out dated Furniture and TV And this is the world of electronics we didn't have enough outlets in the room the plug our cell phones and Tablets without unplugging a lamp or two.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
thomas
"It was comfortable and friendly"
It was comfortable and the assosiciates were friendly I wish I had more time.
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Termaine
"No go"
I should have paid more attention to previous reviews.This place should be closed for renovation and the cleaning staff retrained. Until then go somewhere else.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"I would go back would prefer a higher level floor."
It was poor weather so my n piece could not enjoy the kiddie pool. Yet we could not find the pool that was good for her age she was five . So I wish we were told and shown more ammenties. We had a dog above its that was a bit noise would have love to been told animals were in that part.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Demetria
"awesome"
Very nice hotel! Clean rooms! Prompt service! Nice pools! Very pleased with my stay will definitely be back to stay!
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
cassandra
"Not what i expected!"
I thought maybe the reviews were a little exaggerated, but to my dismay my experience was somewhat similar. For the price which was considerable for budget seeking guest was great, we had an oceanfront room. We stayed in the Sandcastle building. It only took about 10 minutes to check-in, which i feel was in good timing, they were very busy. The room seemed clean, but with thorough scanning there were some dust and dirt behind the beds and on top of the picture frames. The linens were clean,but the mattress was awful. It was very springing you couldn't sit on the edge without falling off. But overall the room was decent for what we paid. The out/indoor pool was okay,but the hot tub floor and sides had chipped plaster which to me was very unsafe. We decided to go to the bigger pool and hot tub behind the Tides building. The indoor pool is heated which was nice. The hot tub was disgusting. It was very very dirty as if it had not been cleaned out in months. Plenty of parking spaces if you don't mine parking a block away from your building. The resort definitely shows it's age, It is very old and in need of major repairs and maintenance. However the staff was friendly. I would not recommend this resort.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Latrese
"Great stay, would return again"
Amazing stay with my family (including dog)! Only issue was plugged toilet in first room we were put in upon arrival. When toilet overflowed, they moved us to a different room (with a slight upgrade) and gave us complementary breakfast buffet for the family. Changing rooms was inconvenient, but the staff understood and made up for it. The stairways do smell, so I suggest using elevators for upper levels. Very nice cleaning people (we asked for towels and sheets, etc. to be left outside every day since we had our dog with us) and staff checked in to make sure we were getting everything we needed (which we were). "Oceanview" for our room meant if you go onto the tiny balcony and look to the left you can glimpse the ocean, or if you go outside the room you can see the ocean between two buildings. Still OK, I saw this in other reviews before I booked. There is a tiny (4 X 4 foot) "dog park" on the premesis (complete with dog rules listed)...thought this was a great laugh. Our dog did not go in this; we went about 5 minutes away (drive)to the Barc Park (off Mallard Drive). Great off leash dog park for your dog! Wonderful people both at the Sea Mist and around the area. Can't wait to stay again!
5 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
jean
"Sea Mist experience"
Rooms were clean and it has everything on hand waterpark, gift shop, arcade and more...good location
3 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
"Wouldn't stay there again but not too bad"
Decent overall, I will say you get what you pay for.
3 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Anthony
"Great Time"
Nice hotel right on the beach the surf building need to be remodeled. Overall had a wonderful time!!
3 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
michael
"good"
room clean
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"all in all, nice hotel."
This hotel is in an amazing location, right on the beach and right in the middle of town. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. Also, awesome self serve laundry if you need it. They were well accommodating to a dog as well. The only problems we encountered was the hotel staff! The hotel office staff did not have good costumer service, they were not professional or helpful in the slightest. Take the stairs. If they give you a map, dont be fooled. The building is across the street.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Not for me"
The hotel was really spread out. Parking was the absolute worst! We had to park across the street and down a block. Also the pools were really spread apart and not that great. The room was clean and had a balcony and was close to the beach. The Waterpark was nice but not worth $3 a person at all. I won't ever stay here again.
tara
"Average but good"
Hotel was good for our purposes. Lots of options, was disappointed that one restaurant with the hotel closed really early; I think the restaurant was called Jason's Cafe. Lots to do on ocean blvd. and close to lots of other attractions.
4 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Shawn
"Nice stay with the kids."
The resort is huge. It was hard to find a parking place. Even though they provided us with a map it was hard to find where we wanted to go. There were two indoor pools but only one was heated. The supposed huge water park is really for kids 10 and under and is not large at all, not to mention even though it is a part of the resort you have to pay to use it, $3. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and roomy.
ALICIA
"Not the best"
We were in town for an art show and just wanted somewhere inexpensive to sleep. Room was mostly clean and comfortable. The outside of this hotel is terrible. Really needs some maintenance. I wouldn't call it a resort by any means. Parking is scarce for a big hotel. This is in the older area of Myrtle Beach, which to me is not the nicest part of town. We were comfortable. We did bring our own sheets and towels and we r glad we did. It is pet friendly. Probably won't stay there again. If a big, busy, and old hotel is what you r looking for than this is your place.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Erin
"Beach Getaway"
The stay was great! The hotel was nice and clean. The hotel has many buildings! Each building should have their own elevators. The room I stayed in was on the 6th floor with all steps. Other than that I would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Ashley
"water park"
I loved it. There is alot for families to do. The water park was my favorite part.
Nicole
"Clean room- needs updating."
The hotel is old but clean. Our room was clean, bed was very worn out. There isn't enough parking near the building where we were so we had to park in the parking deck. Not enough sidewalk lighting to and from the parking deck so the walk to and fron the deck was a little scary.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
dia
"will not stay again"
The hotel employees were very nice and friendly. The hotel its self was very old and needs updating. The elevator we used daily smelled like cat urine and was almost gagging. Beds were very uncomfortable, could feel the springs on my back. I will probably not stay again...
3 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Terriable"
I would never stay here again
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Jeffrey
Hospitality was low. Room wasn't ready when we arrived. Came back and was given another room that was ready. Due to the wait, my children was not able to enjoy the water park cause it closed. Understand it was during the end of spring break,but every one needs to be prepared for this type of traffic.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Fit our needs for the weekend"
They were very nice when we checked in, went to our room and well... There was sand all over the floor (now I get we are at the beach, but... ) we dropped our stuff and we went straight to the beach. We liked the water park and the fact that it wasn't busy. Had a great day in the sun, came back to the room and found there was sand all in the sheets of one of the beds. Yuck! I called the front desk and they did bring a new set of sheets that we had to put on the beds. When we checked out the lady was not very nice. Overall it fit our needs for the weekend.
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Do not stay at the Sea Mist!"
It was terrible from the get go. None of the rooms were clean on time. The buildings all needed to be updated, nothing was clean. We did not take our shoes off the entire time we were in our room because the floor was dirty. They messed up the reservation, couldn't find it by name, credit card, or room even though we had already stayed there for one night. The room we were in was under someone else's name. When they finally found it the reservation was cancelled even though we had already stayed there for one night. They finally said it was fixed and we could go back to our room, but there was no way to know if they would give our room away so we called Hotels.com got us moved to a better hotel. The customer service was terrible, they could care less about any inconvenience that you had. There were more complaints from guests than there were positive things from people we talked to while we were waiting. All in all, a terrible experience.
4 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Erin
"Sea Mist was a Sea Missed"
Room service was terrible. You could not get through to room service or housekeeping. When I went to the front desk others were up there complaining about one thing or another. As of right now I will not recommend it to anyone. Trying to plan another trip for the summer, but things have to change before I go there again. Other than that things were okay.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Icybell
"So-So visit"
Was just OK.. Needs some updating
5 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Candy
"Good Stay"
The room was decent and reasonably priced. The only complaint was not enough parking spaces outside of the building but other than that good stay.
4 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Unfortunately did not like"
Terrible layout.. Elevator did not work...lots of other negative things....the actual room was okay...will never stay there again.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"not a good place to stay!"
Stayed in the Sandcastle building. Hot tub was not in working order. Room was not cleaned very well. My daughter found molded food under the furniture. Mold in the bathroom. Limited kitchen gadgets. No hot water in the shower. Beds seemed to be 100 years old. I slept on an air mattress because the beds were so bad. Requested extra pillows on the first night (Sunday) was told there was no room service, that I needed to come to the main office. Which was a block up the road. Not possible to do when you travel with small kids. I made it work for that night but went to the office the next day to get them, was told room service would bring them. Waited all day and no o e came by. Tuesday I found a few house keeping staff and asked them. They finally brought the pillows by and hung them on our door knob while we were at the beach later that evening. Fire alarm went off at about 8 one mor ing, scared everyone to death. Had to evacuate the building. I found an employee and asked what was going on. Hr was very rude!! Took me half the day to get my kids to comfortably return to our room. Walkways from elevator to room were terrible. Elevators need upgraded badly. We stayed on the 7th floor and waited 5 minutes every time we needed to go down. Would have took the stairs but that's near impossible with 4 small children. Laundry room had roaches crawling in it. Only good thing was being close to the ocean.
4 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Not a good experience"
The only thing I really liked is that it was oceanfront. I was given a room other than that I booked. I also called to try to get something I left in the room I stayed and no one has yet to return my call. I would say, book somewhere else. The maintenance man was rude also... OH, and the wi-fi DOES NOT WORK.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
alicia
"wasn't horrible but won't be going back"
Hotel is very outdated. Clean room, but further from the ocean than I expected for our ocean view room. I think we were put in the oldest building. If you need wifi, this isn't the hotel for you. They advertise wifi, but the signal was absent. I asked for extra blankets and the hotel clerk came to our room escorted by a security guard, so that made me wonder what types of people stay at that resort. We ended up buying a timeshare through Westgate during our stay and spent the majority of our trip using their amminities instead. The sea mist pools are very over chlorinated, my son cried that he couldn't see for an hour after getting out of the pool and I couldn't even step foot inside the indoor pool because the chlorine was so strong i couldnt breathe. The kiddie pool wasnt even opened during our stay which was a bummer, because we have small children. Good thing Westgate had a much nicer kiddie pool! We wont go back to Sea mist. Check out westgate for their timeshares!
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
tracy
"good for the price/location"
good for the price/location
3 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Reserve elsewhere"
Took 90 minutes to check in. Upon arrival the room was flithy and old. The beds felt like plywood and could not sleep all three nights due to kids screaming in the halls and banging on walls until 4 am. Would never go back again!!!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"1 hour for checking in"
well after waiting 1hr to complete the check in, they gave us a map and marked the building we were staying in the pool was in a different location so you have to walk a few minutes to get to it plus you have to pay $3 if you wanna use the water park. We pretty much reorganized the whole room once we got there cause you could barely walk in it. We requested two beds and we had to put together the second bed once we got to the room. Not to much going on at this hotel or it surroundings, you have to walk like 30 minutes to get to the nice places but there's a few shady looking streets that i don't recommend walking by. Breakfast at Tena's is right next to the main office and it was great. We weren't able to find a parking within the limits of the hotel so we ended up parking in the street in front(not bad). The shower was literally falling apart. The view of the room was beautiful and we were in the building right next to the beach so points for that. But honestly not a hotel that I'll recommend. The bed smelled like dust but it was kind of comfortable.a lot of people complaining because the rooms were dirty when they got the keys.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Good for a short stay"
My family and I were just passing through for the night. Trying to check in was hectic with the amount of people trying to check in. Outside of the hotel was a little rough but the room was very clean and perfect for an overnight stay. Pools were clean. Hotel was right on the beach which was very nice. Parking is really an issue since we didn't even get to park near our room, we had to park down the street. I would stay here again for an overnight but not any longer then that.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"family mini getaway..spring break"
rate is somewhat good..parking is always the problem, some elevator are not working, room is small, oceanfront view is remarkable,king bed is very satisfaction, the double beds are thumbs down,so we have to switch rooms,very old building needs renovation.. total stay satisfactory somewhat good.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Sea Mist"
Hotel was good for price, but limited ventilation in indoor pool room caused my son to have breathing issues.
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Tolerable, nothing more"
No kitchen sink. Reserved a room with beach view, could barely see the beach from the balcony.
3 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"Nice weekend..."
Weekend get away. Room needs a few updates
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Sandra
"First time in Myrtle Beach"
it was the first time me and my kids have ever been to myrtle beach and it was fantastic and the hotel was awsome we will be staying there everytime we go down there
5 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
Buffy
"Sea Mist stay"
It was good
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
shunta
"Decent"
It was an ok stay. Too far from Broadwalk so probably won't stay again
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"NOT a good choice!"
This hotel looks like it has not been updated or even maintained in over 30 years! Our room looked and felt dirty. The tile floors were dirty looking and covered in sand. I had to keep a towel on the floor by my bed so when I got up during the night I could wipe my feet off before getting back in bed. (And we didn't bring this sand in either because it was too cold even walking on the beach.) I did not sleep well at all because the mattress felt like it was a 100 years old and was very uncomfortable! The bathroom was the worst I have ever seen. The floor had dirt, the lighting looked like something out of a 50 yr old trailer that had non-matching replacement parts on it. The mirror had black spots all over it. The furniture was very beat up and old. The balcony railing was in dire need of a paint job. The main door had big gaps on the top and bottom to the outside, and we had to use towels to block the light and the cold air from outside. The elevator looked like something from an old abandoned hotel and made these awful rumbling sounds, and I felt like we were going to get stuck on it. The indoor pool was NOT heated and the water was freezing, yet the hot tub was so hot that I couldn't stand it. This place should be torn down and rebuilt! It has seen its day!!
Cheer Mom
"If your looking for the Hilton this ain't it."
If your expecting the Hilton you will be disappointed. If your looking for a great location on the beach with several swimming pools and close proximity to lots of attractions and restaurants this is for you. House keeping was very nice and efficient. The biggest downfall of this resort is parking some nights we had to park a block away in a resort garage. Other than parking we really enjoyed our stay.
5 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"OK.....no parking. You have to park across street."
OK.....outdated for a ocean front motel.....parking is awefull, you must park across the street, because its impossible to find one on the property. But it was cheap enough that I probably would stay again?
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"don't stay here"
This place is nothing like the picture it is a junk hole I will never stay here again !!!!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Nice. Pros and cons"
The room was beautiful. The view was amazing. Overall it was ok. The bathroom needs an update and I did see a few bugs. Like 3 bugs at different times. Location was great. Everything we could need was within walking distance.
2 night business trip Mar 20, 2015