All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
1200 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577, United States of America, ‏‎855-234-2788

Location is ok
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Pass this one up until remodeling is done!"
Never left a review like this before..but...have stayed at the Sea Mist for years...I am giving a "0" rating...as we entered the room with the help of housekeeping because our key card did not work, there was a 3 inch dead bug lying on the floor...other smaller bugs lying around...got a broom from the housekeeping and cleaned the floor...room was very run down...old is ok but it has to be clean...linens on bed were terrible, did not fit bed...hallways and stairways were in bad need of a deep cleaning..very disappointed
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Brenda
It was horrible, very dirty rooms and bad odor, elevator was horrible. I hated to stay here.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Get what you pay for..."
We were looking for a quick, inexpensive get-a-way so this hotel fit the bill. However, I probably would look for another place to stay in the future. The entire hotel is in desperate need some Clorox soap and water! It is dirty! The room itself was not too bad, but getting to the room consisted of trafficking over dirty hallways, floors, and a VERY stinky elevator. There was only one elevator operational for 10 floors of rooms - so you can imagine the wait. We could not use the hot tub because of the filth floating on top -it was horrible. The gym floor too was full of dirt and dust. It had not been swept in months!! Keep looking, there is better for the same price.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Michele
Very nice hotel
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Iris
The room wasn't what the pictures showed, it was smaller. The stove smoked every time we used it. There was dog hair dirt and paper under the bed which I cleaned up myself. The air conditioning is very old and loud. Loved the view. We made it work for us and had a good time. The staff was great.
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Not awful, but definitely not great"
Check-in was slow, needed more staff at front desk. Great location! Ocean front and direct access to beach. Walking distance to restaurants, mini golf, and other things to do. Room was covered in sand. I understand being right on beach and it is hard to get all the sand out, but the bedspreads were covered in sand. They should have been freshly cleaned and therefore not covered in sand. That made me question cleanliness. Also in need of serious maintenance. We were on 10th floor...one elevator was broken, and the other had a constant line. We rode the elevator one time and it smelled as if someone was smoking on it. Yes, we opted to walk up to tenth floor after that. Overall, it's not a bad place to stay for the cost. But it wouldn't be my first choice
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Rebecca
"bad recommendation from agency"
Called and asked help to get room. I was told this was a 4. Upon arrival it was a zoo. There was no parking left and had to carry bags a block. It was a huge place and very worn. Some small but real things was the tv was a analog 15", broken remote, no face cloths, sand on the floor, no hairdryer, bed coverers from the 50's and well worn, and the bed was very worn. It was an efficiency unit with a stove. It would be ok for a family with limited resources but still felt unclean. I wouldn't eat anything in that space.
Allen
"My struggle!"
When we first arrived I had a sucky room. The hallway smelled like dogs! The first room I had there was a hole in the wall, they needed new floors and when I looked out the window I seen a dirty looking hotel next door with very little view of the ocean. Called customer service and they had another room for me right away. I advise to not get the cheaper room it was not satisfying. After moving into the new building "Driftwood" I was real happy about the condition the view of the ocean was very beautiful. The rooms were 100 times better than the first room and the hallway did not smell like wet dogs and there were no dogs in this building. There were some things that was not included in the package like how I thought but overall my stay was great. I just wish they had more parking because I ended up parking g across the street. Not fun at all!
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach!"
I would like to start by saying that I don't usually take the time to write reviews but considering we read some bad reviews on this hotel prior to arrival, I feel the need to comment. We stayed in the Tides building and had the most amazing view of the beach. The rooms were clean, the staff was very nice and the location was absolutely perfect. For an old building, like the sea mist, it was better than expected. I would definitely recommend this resort as well as book our next trip here! What an amazing, relaxing, beautiful week.
Amber & Derek
"German Roaches, Mouse droppings, oh my."
My husband and I used Expedia's unpublished rate hotel for the first time. However, we have been long-time customers. We booked a 3 1/2 star room with the description that boasts these rooms to include Hilton, with descriptions like "polished," "quality," and "excellent service." After walking two blocks because there was no parking left, with our two children and luggage we were very disappointed in the hygiene of this room. These were not among the things we listed in our booking. We arrived and found ripped curtains, a broken door lock, and mice droppings in the drawers. One drawer was so badly damaged and smelling of mouse urine that the drawer had to be patched with a piece of plastic to hold it together. Finally, Saturday when we should have been relaxing on the beach with our children, Expedia had promised our Hotel would move us into the best accommodations on the Sea Mist Resort. However, when we finally arrived at our room after hours of of dealing with Expedia and Sea Mist the new room had German cockroaches. When we tried to calling back Expedia, they told us to expect to have pest at these steeply discounted rates. Thanks Expedia and Sea Mist, for taking our money for this lousy mouse droppings and roach infested room and wasting our time over our family weekend that we were so looking forward to.
AJ
"DO NOT STAY HERE! NOT WORTH IT!"
This hotel should be torn down and rebuilt! There was roaches in the room and hallway! My wife and I arrived late at 2am to a dirty room, broken toilet and blood stains on the sheets. Was moved to a new room, next door, and that room had sand on the floor, hair on the bed and just plain ran down. The shower head was like a water hose. The halls and 1 elevator for the whole hotel, smelled of feces and urie the whole time. A word to to the wise, if you have a pet friendly hotel, you should wash the comforters as well as the sheets!! Both rooms we were given had blood or some type of soil on the blankets! Im glad we brought our own pillows and blankets! The area was shady as well! When we pulled into a parking lot to see a pimp pull up, drop 2 girls off while telling them "make sure you get the money first" as he proceeded to sit in the parking lot for an hour before the women came back out and got in the car and left. We stayed at this hotel a year ago and it was not as bad as this last trip, which will be our final trip. Bottem line is do not stay here! Pet friendly ocean front will make you want to stay here, but DONT!!! It is not worth it!!
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Sea mist false advertising"
Room was advertised was not what we was given. There was roaches in the room and the stove was rusty and was not clean
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Jermane
Stayed There Many Times Like The Upgrades To Hardwood floors Don't know if they have them in all the rooms. Overall it being right on the beach I guess it is okay as long as they keep improving with upgrades!
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Omekia
"Old and not comfortable"
Stayed at Sandcastle, and this is not in good condition. Only one lift where we had to wait 15 mins for getting into it. Building was not in good condition as well.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"4 Night Stay"
I booked through Expedia, the hotel was awful looked great on the web. Apparently there are quite a few buildings some updated some not. My room with an oceanfront view was a very small side view. The shower curtain was filthy, the toilet seat was filthy. Room service replaced towels but did not do any cleaning or making of beds. We had a parking voucher but there was no where to park we had to walk in the middle of the night three blocks for a parking spot. The floor was covered in sand. Needless to say we left after the second night of no parking. Very old bedding and it was uncomfortable.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Never again!"
The pictures are deceiving... Worst stay at MB I've ever experienced! Place smelled and was dirty!
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Overall just the worst experience you could have!"
This was the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel. First off, the staff told me to park in an area where there is no parking. Then, I go back to see other options, and the closest parking is a half mile away...literally. So we park a half mile from our hotel, and carry our suitcases, because there was a no unloading zone at the hotel, and the cops were monitoring it telling people they would tow their cars if they tried to unload their vehicles there. We finally get to the room, and there is sand every where. It is also not a view of the beach, as advertised. It is 2 buildings back from the beach. We call the front desk, and the phone rings until the fast busy signal starts. We just deal with the mess for the night, as we don't want to walk another half mile. In the middle of the night, the sensor in the safe goes off because the batteries are about to die, showing they do not maintain the rooms. I call the front desk again, and after an hour, from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM, someone finally shows up, and they take the safe apart, and finally get to the battery compartment. I told the staff about my experiences as I was leaving, and they said I was stupid, and not to stay with them any more. I won't, and I recommend you do the same.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Luke
"Less than Expected"
We stayed in the Spray building and elected not to have an oven view for the price difference. Our room faced the garage entrance. The building was right on the ocean side, so that was great. That being said, the Spray jr. Family room had great space, tile floors which I loved over the normal dirty carpet, and a separate sleeping area and a Murphy bed. The place is old and in need of updating. It wasn't the cleanest but not filthy. The beds were comfortable. For the price it mostly met my expectations but check in and check out were super slow.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Genny
The pics on the website was very misleading! The hotel was old and rundown. Not clean!! The bedspread was stained and bathroom was dirty! The description listed a kitchen....nope! A refrigerator and a microwave is not a kitchen! The best part was the pools and lazy river!!! Be careful of online pics...they can be deceiving!!!!
3 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
"Dirty and Drin is clogged up in the tub"
We checked in and went in to a room later at night room. Bedding is dirty and Drain is Clogged up and Loud out side the room and noisy.
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
"Was a good one day trip, check in is at 4"
Read online that check in was at 1 ,it was at 4, we missed the hotels water park which closed at 5,due to having to go back and get our room keys at 4, we enjoyed our 1 day stay though, overall sea mist is a good family hotel with lots of added extras like bbowling, theater, fitness room,multiple pools and hotubs, we have visiting b4 but was on a longer trip,was how we really enjoyed the facility. would return again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
ricky
"Tony and Faye's anniversary"
My wife and I were there to celebrate our 30 year anniversary. The view from the hotel and hotel location were excellent. We were in walking distance of anything we wanted to see or do, right on Ocean Blvd. My only complaint, if I had one, is that the floor is definitely due for remodeling. But, for the price of a two night stay, we had a good time there, really enjoyed our stay. We plan on going back next year.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Anthony
"Not what it used to be"
This place was nothing like I remember! The elevators were dirty inside, the was dirty(mirrors, floor, fridge interior), the beds were uncomfortable, and the housekeeper hardly did anything except switch out towels. We won't be returning.
3 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Kesha
"Pleasant Stay"
We've stayed at the Sea Mist the last 3 years. When balancing quality and price it suits us just fine. This year we were accommodated when we asked to be moved from the Sandcastle bldg. (pets) to Driftwood where we usually stay at no extra cost. Will probably stay again.
4 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Fred
"Keyless attempts"
Our keys continously stop working. Many trips were made to the office to have it rekeyed.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Danielle
Pleasantly surprised! We enjoyed enough to add an additional night to our weekend stay.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Michael D
"Totally disappointed"
This was a horrible experience for me and my family. The place was disgusting. elevator was broke, there were fleas from the pets and the bedding was absolutely nasty it had white disgusting stuff on it. there were drug users and paraphernalia in the hallways. The stinch from the stairwell was awful. never stay there
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Ms Intellegent
The Hotel staff at the front desk were awesome!!! Very nice people. The rooms could have been a bit cleaner. One of the beds had hair in the sheets and there was a stain on the bed skirt.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Deborah
"Never Again"
When I checked in the room was disgusting dirty still, I walked in with the toilet with urination stains on rim of seat, nozzle of the sink in the kitchenette laying in sink with dirty dishes, towels on the ground, unswept wooden floors, caked on dust on the air conditioner that just made the air you breathe unhealthy. Called housekeeping that I was going to leave the room for a couple hours if they could come to the room and finish cleaning the room it would be great. Came back and they only reconnected the nozzle to the sink and nothing else. I stayed with Sea Mist because they were pet friendly and other pet friendly establishments were booked or I would of left immediately. I complained to front desk and all they gave me was fresh towels. I cleaned the room myself and the ONLY reason I stayed was to meet my father for his 69th birthday. Never again will I stay with them or recommend them.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2015
Our room was supposed to be Ocean Front and while it was on the ocean, there was a giant (olympic size) kiddie pool and play area in between our room and the ocean. Our building was set back several hundred feet farther than the buildings on either side of us. So, while we could see the ocean from the room, we certainly couldn't hear it. This was largely in part because of the large water fountain in the kiddie pool and the fact that there were wall unit a/c units in every room sticking out of the wall on the balcony right above the chairs. We had to turn the a/c off just to be able to sit on the balcony and have a conversation. The building itself was in disrepair and overall had a very neglected feel to it.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Bad experience, I am not typically a complainer.."
Arrived, room "wasn't ready." When I got to room, beds were unmade, trash cans full, etc. called front, then I went to beach. Came back and someone else was in the room and my stuff had been taken away by security!!! Wasted about 45 minutes getting my stuff back and being situated in anther room... $30 cash I had in a small handbag was missing. The thing that really made me mad , was when the guy that was given my room told me HE called to complain and that he was told I wanted a higher floor for a better view so I was fine with it.. They told him they had already talked to me. Which was bull because my phone had been charging in the room while I was on the beach!!! When I got into my "new" room, which was actually on the same floor the original room was on, it was actually clean and I couldn't complain about it. I may not have been so aggravated if security had offered to drive me back to the hotel from their office... Instead, because of THEIR horrible mistake, I had to lug all my luggage 2 blocks up the road and cross the busy Ocean Blvd with luggage and my 5 year old in tow... This whole thing could have been a reeealllyy bad situation... What if the guy in my original room hadn't called security and instead prowled through my things and used the defense weapon I had in my personal bag on someone?? What if he had been looking to kill someone and pounced when I came back? No one offered any type of reimbursement. Oh and ONE working elevator for 10 floors!!!!
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
ashley
"Get away"
Was well worth the price for the get away
2 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"So So"
It was worth it for the price. The outside needs renovation badly. The inside of the room was much nicer.
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Timothy
"major cleaning and condition of hotel needs upgrad"
the latch on the door was broke and the dead bolt did not work.the elevators was dirty and had a bad smell.the out side of the hotel needs a good cleaning.also had no local channels on the tv.it was ok for the price we paid.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
smiley
"Not bad"
Check in was fast. staff was friendly and helpful, pools were OK could be cleaner room was clean and comfy elevator was slow
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
angie
"Relaxing"
I had a great stay. I needed to get away and relax and that was the perfect place for it. Very pleased
2 night trip Sep 11, 2015
"Frustrated"
We got to reservation office around 2 pm hoping to check in right away. Staff wasn't friendly but i didn't care , just wanted to check in. The staff made me paid the whole balance and everything before she told me that room is not ready. Never gave what time it would be ready, somebody will call me she said. An hour and half went by, no call. Came back to the office asked whats going on and what time is the check in and check out time in there hotel. She said no time..you can go in and out at no time. What?? I was so frustrated, that's the stupid thing I've ever heard. I left and waited again for 1 hr. Tried to call the Expedia # she gave me but it was invalid #. Couldn't take it no more. I went back to the office but talk to a diffetent sfaff. Told him the situation. He looked up the computer and boom, he said the room is ready. What?? And nobody even bothered to call me? OMG, really? Not good at all. Then the room was not clean at all. And on top of that, the cable was out. We had to go to Buffalo Wild Wing Sunday night to watch the NFL..stay there till midnight. It's our little vacation...we could have watched the game in hotel and be comfortable, but noooo, had to drive somewhere. I'm not a complainer. But I believe i have reasons to be unhappy, unsatisfied and frustrated. But we did make the best of it...enjoyed the ocean. Not a good experience at all.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Billy
"LAST MINUTE GETAWAY"
This stay was a last minute getaway for the weekend. Everything was just "OK" until shower time. The tub was clogged, and for two days we couldn't get housekeeping to bring washcloths. Maintenance did unclog the tub, but no washcloths were delivered even after calling the front desk. This wasn't the most enjoyable stay, but we made the best of it!
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
"I hate this hotel"
We were locked out our room for 45 minutes upon arrival... our room wasn't ocean view as promised. the room also had multiple water bugs. the parking sucks.. I was more stressed out then relax.. not to mention the workers of the hotel was stealing from the visitors.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Maya
"Great Vacation"
It was very enjoyable!
2 night trip Sep 11, 2015
April Young
"Run down, dirty"
One elevator was out of order, the other took a minimum of 10 minutes to travel 5 floors, the hallway spelled like urine, the ice maker was out of order, keys wouldn't work for multiple people. I will never go there again
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Experience. $ :) :-) $"
Calming. $ $ $ $ $
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
"LORD HAVE MERCY"
Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! . We go there at 10:30 am and check-in there were so many problems, calls and complaints, that we didn't get a room until 4 p.m. Another couple checked in at 9 am and was told they had to wait until the maid clean their room and around 4 or 5 p.m. they were told they didn't have a room after being check-in early that morning. They finally got one. This happen with several people.They couldn't find my reservation when i check-in nor when i check out after reserving a room 1 month earlier. There was one small evelator for the 9 or10 flr Sandcastle (they should shame calling it SandCastle} building that was working and it, was horrible, shabby, dirty, shaked and smelled of old and new urine and mold. It was used for the pet, staff, loading and unloading, plus getting where you need to go. So the wait could be up to 30 minutes, depending was going on. I don't think the other evelator been in operation for quite a long time. The hallway smelled of urine and needed to be un-rusted and painted. The room was old but was fair. The bed was not comfortable and dogs barking all night. It didn't have any roaches or bed bugs, but that;s probably because of all the pets. The balcony had one chair and needed to be redone and urine from the pet on the beach was in the air all time. I wouldn't go the beach there were dogs using it on the sand and ocean. This place was so run down. They are not trying to keep it or even cover-up. It look like they
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
Thelma
"I will never come back again."
The rooms were dirty,smelly and very old and damaged.
1 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2015
Pari
"sea mist"
floor was gritty and dirty had to wash feet before putting socks and shoes on feet where black from floor, ocean view was at a angle from balcony, elevator was not working ( had 2) so was able to use other one and it was small and slow had to share with cleaning lady once with her cart had to help her get it in to elevator it was tight fit, it was so cramped we both where mashed against wall. tried to use hot tub but 2 couples got there first it so small and nosily in that area we just went back to room. the t.v. reception was bad in room it had lines and waves in every channel.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
melissa
"Sketchy Area"
I didn't like the feeling of the sheets and I felt like I Would get shot if I went outside
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"Big mistake"
We had a reservation but room was not ready til after 5 pm. Not enough staff to check guests in. Nasty old buildings in poor condition. Elevator out of service. It was awful. First and last stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Wendy
"Sea Mist - Never Again!"
It was awful. Pictures on website appear better then what you get. Check in was quick. Non smoking room smelled horrible as soon as u opened the door. Had to buy a can of Lysol & that still didn't work. Overall the hotel is very outdated & needs lots of updates. Elevator is scary, dirty, & old. The only 2 positive things is the lazy river & ocean view from room. Still can't get over the smell. It was embarrassing telling others that we were staying there. Room may have been clean but felt dirty due to smokey smell & outdated run down look.
4 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Staff overall"
Most of staff was rude and disrespectful, room was clean but had a funny smell could tell housekeeper did what they could overall clean. Room was ok bed was like a wood board had a tube TV and was very out dated. Only 1 elevator working and we where on the14 th floor so over 15 minute wait for elevator. Would not stay there again but was just ok for the price. Many hotels in that area and poor service is unacceptable. Friendly staff help to oversee all problems with your hotel unfortunately you don't have any friendly staff.Much more stuff to say but not worth my time
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
amy
The rooms were very old and moldy. Paint peeling everywhere.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015