All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America

EVERYTHING WAS NICE
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Lonnie
"Customer service sucked"
The customer service ducked. It took 4hrs to get my rooms and one of the rooms was not what I originally paid for. The lady in the main office was terrible she had a nasty attitude and really didn't care that there were people who have been waiting all day for their room. If check in is at 4pm why does it take so long for rooms to be ready when housekeeping starts working at 9 and check out is at 10am. I will never reserve a room at the sea mist again.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Dyani
"my stay was very good room was clean"
i didnt have any trouble everybody was friendly staff very good
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
james
"bad experience ever"
when we sleeping we were bitten on our body by some type of bugs in the bed, had to go to the doctor iencebecause of swelling on our body, had to cancel our stay one day early because of this inconvenience.l
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
KB aka kl.brze.
"Great stay."
Great, last minute stay at the Sea Mist. We've been coming here for years and it's always great. A little wear but the have a extremely large resort and are always updating and freshing up a part of it. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is helpful and friendly. Great prices for the stay.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2016
Matthew
"Bad hotel experience"
The first room they gave us was filthy. The second room was clean but it took them 4 hours to bring us towels because the room had no towrls. Parking was ridiculous. Had to park across the street. Would never stay here again.
scott
"Nice little hotel"
Hotel was nice, unfortunately very under staffed. Poor girl at the front desk had a line from the time we arrived till the late evening, so that's 7 hours of dealing with rude customers that were getting impatient. Over all very nice hotel, right on the ocean, 2 outdoor swimming pools, hot tub, steam room, sauna...
DD
It was ok...but the survey sucks for not letting me use only three words
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"It was a horrible hotel, the staff is horrible!!"
I would strongly NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, the service was horrible. The staff is not bothered at all. I am surprised how this hotel is still running.
YC
"last minute"
Should have waited...book room atvlast minute. Other family members stayvatvthe Sea Watch! It was justvso beautiful then i had to ride 22 mins nack to my room park across the street and down the sidewalk to get to the building. Room was okay..just wish i waited. Oh well
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Veronica
"ROOM WAS SO SO THIS TIME"
JUST A HOLIDAY WEEKEND GETAWAY EVERYTHING WAS OK EXCEPT THE BATHROOM TUB AND TOILET WASNT CLEANED AND THERE WERE NO POTS AND PANS IN THE KITCHEN. BUT I BROUGHT MY OWN THANK GOD. AND THERE WAS A DOG BARKING NEXT DOOR THE WHOLE TIME I WAS THERE. PETS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN HOTEL ROOMS OR BE LIMITED TO FIRST FLOOR.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2015
CARLTON
"Definitely not 3.5 stars"
The hotel was old and in disrepair. The bathroom door wouldn't even close. The walls/ ceiling were paper thin and we could hear every movement and conversation from our neighbors. We would definitely not stay here again.
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
It was real nice we took our dog 7 yrs old to see the ocean for the first time.. He had a wonderful time and it took days back home for him to get back to normal.. He missed the Sea Mist Thank you Donnie and Carol
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Donnie
"Pet friendly hotel close to the beach."
We visited my daughter, who lives in Myrtle Beach, in the off season (Dec '15) and needed a pet friendly hotel. This is an older hotel that shows some wear and tear around the edges but the room was clean, the beds very comfortable, the TV and heat/air conditioning unit were in good working order. The only thing we missed during our four day stay at this unit (there are multiple buildings/units that comprise this property) is internet service and an indoor pool. However, the need to have pet accommodations superseded these options. The cost during the off season was extremely reasonable and even with the $50 one-time pet charge the average night's stay was under $70/night. We will definitely be going back to this hotel for future visits..
Other trip Dec 9, 2015
"Worst hotel stay ever"
There were drunks hanging outside all day, all night long they ran up and down the landing shouting and banging on doors, including ours. The room was extremely musty smelling and black mold was seeping out from the shower wall. The sheets were sandy, they could not have been fresh when we arrived. There was 1 elevator and it was not working, we had to climb stairs to the 5th floor . My husband is not in good health and this was very difficult for him.
Other trip Dec 5, 2015
"Family oriented"
We had a ocean front room on the 11th floor. The room was clean. It could use a little updating and the security staff could have been a little more visible. The beds slept great, I wish I had it at home. :-)
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
Teresa
The shower knob was broken, the shower curtain fell down, the AC/Heat unit was also broken, the refrigerator sounded like a chainsaw but worked, it woke me up several times during the night.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
"My birthday weekend :("
I went to this hotel for 4 days during my 46 birthday. I was so disappointed in the condition of the hotel. The whole hotel, from the moment I stepped outside of my room smelled like dog urine(the hallways, the elevator, the balcony) The bathroom had mold on the ceiling and the toilet was a little shaky. This hotel is very dated. But for the money, I guess I shouldn't have asked for much.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
tracey
"If on a budget it will do"
We went down on Black Friday for a quick trip. The shower was falling apart and only worked one day. There was no WI-FI and most of the resort was closed for the season. For the price it was okay.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Love SeaMist"
we always stay here and have enjoyed every time we stay
2 night trip Nov 25, 2015
Dre and Jai
"You get what you pay for."
I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years (recurring conference held at the site). This year's room was below the standard I've come to expect, and I don't expect much. The sheets on the beds hadn't been washed, as there were crumbs or sand on the made bed and several crusty substances. The mattress pads made the bed fluff up at weird spots. The beds themselves moved freely on their frames, and at several times, my wife and I feared we might tip the bed. The wi-fi was so slow that we just stayed unplugged all weekend. I honestly wouldn't stay here again except I know the conference will be back next year.
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
"Bed Bugs, but GREAT service!"
I stayed at Sea Mist Driftwood for 4 days in Nov. It was a very good rate because it was off season. The room was roomy and very nice...at first. The first night I woke up with a few bumps on my upper chest/neck area. After I woke up at 3am the next night I realized that I was being bitten by Bed Bugs. I ended up sleeping (or trying to) in my sleeping bag that I brought. The next day I told the office and they immediately responded by giving me another room and treating the bed and my belongings before moving into the next room. The second room was not as nice as the first room so I again returned to the office. This time I was helped by a different person and he was very receptive and found me a ocean front room that was better than the original room. The service was very good from the hotel personnel and they are the reason I would return again.
4 night trip Nov 13, 2015
melanie
Good
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
nashari
"softball tournament"
Room was clean and comfortable. I did not like that we had a pedestal sink with no counter space and did not like that there was not a lid on the toilet seat.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Don't come in with high expectations."
I've stayed at the Sea Mist before in another building that I can't recall the name of at the moment and it was better shape. The Tides building is where we stayed this time. Luckily we weren't in the room much but I did have a few annoyances. First off the night we arrived we found out none of the vending machines worked and neither did the ice machines. The TV was not working and also the freezer was warmer than the fridge part so there was no ice to be had. Anyhow I called the front desk to tell them about the tv and was told maintenance would be right up. Nobody showed up that night so we turned in early. The next night after we came back in for supper the kid was getting a little fussy so I called again to see about the tv issue. An hour later somebody comes to check it out and ends up bringing a spare tv finally. Just seems like everything in the hotel was broke. Otherwise it was clean and decent for the money but there's still no excuse for all the busted appliances.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Ocean front view"
Never saw the staff the office is almost empty.. One of the beds was all stained and soiled. The shower leaked constantly. Mildew smell. The location was nice and the view was wonderful.. just had a dirty vibe.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
Laney
Excellent place to stay
1 night trip Nov 2, 2015
Jaime
It was nice
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2015
"Won't stay at Sea Mist again"
The hotel was nice about 10 years ago and the wife stayed with friends here numerous times. But now it is very run down. Was very timid when hearing about bed bugs and such but all was well on that end and no critters for us. The bed was very uncomfortable and one of the beds was about like a teeter totter. This hotel needs a lot of TLC.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"BETTER CLEANING N SPRAY FOR ROACHES."
We checked in, the room we got was fill of roaches. So we went back to the office and she moved us, the room she gave us was a little better. Still looking out for roaches didn't enjoy my stay there.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
anointed
"Nice Getaway"
We had a nice one night stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
No clean wash clothes in room, dirty wash cloth on shower.. Air conditioner or heat did not work.. And the room has a stale smell. And there was a dirty razor laying in the blow dryer holder
1 night trip Oct 24, 2015
Jalessa
"all in all it was good."
It was great, the only problem was the smell of smoke in the hallways and right at the door walking in.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
I didn't like it
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
rickey
Hotel was dirty and bed was hard and sheets were nasty
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"i survived"
Indoor hot tub broke. Big problem for someone who wants to play softball all weekend. Elevator looks like a haunted house. Dark, dirty,gloomy. Remote did not work. Remember in this hotel, cold is for hot and hot is for cold so toy want scorch yourself. Like I did.price good. Check in fast. Then the supporting staff seem to be lost.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2015
"Birthday getaway"
It was a comfortable stay for an overnight stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
linda
"Don't stay in sandcastle building"
Check in went smoothly. Omg here we go I stayed in the sandcastle building with ocean view 7th floor. The elevator was jumping, very slow, I thought I was going to have a heartattack , shaking , had a burn smell to it. The other elevator the sandcastle was broke. I'm disabled I can't walk 7 flights of stairs. Our balcony was very dirty. Room service never came to our room 2 day stay. I've stayed in a different building here it was much more updated. The sandcastle is very run down. If you go ask for driftwood building DO NOT STAY in the sandcastle building. The wifi didn't even work. It was chilly so we were going to use the inside heated pool and jacuzzi nope jacuzzi was broke taped off with caution tape and the pool was like ice water. Only good part about the stay was the ocean view. After I cleaned the balcony!
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Unfortunate Getaway"
On arrival front desk separate from the actual hotel nice clean...which made me think the rooms were too BOY WERE WE WRONG.Absolutely No parking...I thought I was going to get mugged on the way to the room. We'd gotten doulbe beds...Dog hair on bed and beach sand in the other...beautiful area on the beach but old unkept clammy very very uncleanly dangerous feeling place...(i just described a jail cell)
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!"
SLOW CHECK IN!! HORRIBLE PARKING!! QUESTIONABLE ELEVATOR OPERATION!!! RUDE EMPLOYEES!! TO TOP IT OFF,,,BED BUGS/SPIDERS/SEWER SMELL IN ROOM!! NO HELP FROM MANAGEMENT ABOUT ROOM CHANGE!!! ENOUGH SAID,,,, STAY AWAY!!!! DOES NOT DESERVE ONE STAR.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Let Down
"Okay"
we stayed here because we have dogs and it is a dog friendly place. For that purpose it was good, but.... we had a third floor room in the Tides building the room was clean but,the hall way smelled really bad, but thank goodness the room did not. The elevators were strange, our room door was so heavy it was hard to open to load and unload our luggage Parking was not good. Because of the dogs I would stay again but, with out the dogs I probably would not.
4 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2015
Tammy L.
"NOT A CLEAN PLACE...FILTHY"
ROOMS, STAIRWAYS, ELEVATOR, GROUNDS FILTHY. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE EVEN WHEN REQUESTED. BIG ROACHES ALL AROUND. POOLS NOT CLEAN AND COLD...TOLD SOME WERE HEATED. ONLY POSITIVE WAS DANNY - NIGHT SHIFT MANAGER. SO WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE! VERY DISAPPOINTED!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
STEVE
Please don't trust Expedia hotels classification. Expect one star or one and a half star lower than what Expedia says.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"Nice girls weekend!"
Very nice for a Girls Weekend. Clean linens. No BedBugs.....I checked! Nice decor etc.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Stay away, dont waste your money"
The hotel was not what was presented on line. How it got a 3 plus rating is beyond me. Would not recommend it to anyone as a place to stay. From check in to check out, nothing but dirty and in need of a good cleaning. New manager needs to take charge of staff and start with each building and clean them from ceiling to floor. This includes the not heated in door pools as well. Nothing was as it was presented in advertizement by hotels.com.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"very much needed"
excellent
completely satisfied
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"excellent for the price"
Even thou the weather was bad i really enjoyed myself