All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Boulevard Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎855-239-9485

enjoy the stay and very close to the beach.. nice pools
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Great Family hotel, not over crowded."
We had a great time. The beach was beautiful, the staff was VERY friendly. The room was small, but we were able to get a rollaway bed in it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and our maid made cute animal figures out of the wash cloths and left us notes. The morning buffet was amazing and the meals were very good. Great location and very easy and inexpensive to take the bus. We walked on the street and felt very safe. Nobody seems to walk on the beach at night which was surprising since it was the perfect temperature to do so. No wild spring breakers which was great and it did not seem over crowded or a zoo like at the HardRock. The JW Marriott is next door and we liked that you could dine over there and they billed your room. We did not like that people would go out and put towels on the chairs at the pool early in the morning then not show up until noon. Fortunately we preferred the beach where it was amazing, and people did not hog the chairs if they were not there. At JW you could sit by the water for breakfast, but not at Casa Magna. I liked sitting outside by the water for breakfast.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Patty
"Nice neighborhood"
Compliment to the staff for allowing us early check when arrived @8am. Our package was non-inclusive hence found food/drink in this hotel quite expensive, however, there are convenience stores and Papa Jones pizza & McDonald in front of Marriott, fortunately. The pool and jacuzzi are our favorite and very crowded so is the fitness center during lunch hour. Marriott is located few kilometer from the hot zone(shopping mall, tourist attractions) so you need transportation to go around, we took public bus(R1 and R2) cost 10.5 peso per person. Even though US dollar is accepted everywhere here but I think the best way is to use peso when purchase as the exchange rate varies from store to store and usually is very low. Overall, Marriott Casa Magna is an excellent place to stay.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Han
Generally a wonderful place. I would return there. Everybody is friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Nice & Beautiful hotel. The view is spectacular..."
Everything was amazing and felt so welcoming. The hotel location is perfect for walking and quick access to excursions. Amazing experience. You don't have to pay for ocean view because all rooms get a nice view of the ocean.
Dt
Wonderful week here, this is a great hotel for this price range in Cancun. Had an immaculate suite ocean front, spectacular views. Room was very comfortable. All staff here were great from front desk, housekeeping, pool and restaurants, they will do anything to make sure you are satisfied. Second time here, first time was 04 will definitely be back. Get ocean front and pay a little more.
"Great Choice for our vacation"
Grand hotel more impressive that higher brand JW. Breakfast was great, staff super friendly. Highly recommended.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"nice,nice,nice"
excellent all,staff,location,everything is wonderfull
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"nice beach"
nice hotel with good service and a nice beach
4 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Antonio
"Moving On Up"
I had a resort for a week but I wanted my family to experience the beach front. So I chose two days during the week and I wasn't disappointed. The beach was beautiful worth the price of admission white sand clear water see your feet aqua blue wow. We had a blast sat under a palm umbrella ordering drinks and food from the Hotel. We also enjoyed two restaurants they had four connected too the hotel a good variety. We ate at Champions a sports bar the food was delicious mostly burgers very good. We also ate at an Argentinian Steak house pricey but good Steaks all around and all you can eat salad bar why not. Set backs you have to pay for wi-fi which really didn't have that good connection especially up in the room. Worked out in the gym that was great and machines were up to date. The pool was huge and jacuzzi was nice set in front of the beach over the pool but they needed more lighting at night got dark couldn't see for late nighters. There was nothing really special about the rooms but we didn't stay in it very much too much to do outside beds were comfortable with down pillows television small but but I was going back to my resort but me and my wife, son and granddaughter had the time of our lives at the Marriott Thanks.
Albert
"Daughter's 21st birthday celebration"
First impression, very rude front desk staff. Never made eye contact. I was told that they took discover credit card after arrival I was told that they would not accept. I was charged the cost of rooms plus 800 for incidentals. One day ours rooms were not clean, they arrived around 8pm. to clean it and the next day--the cleaning was superb with added details, like a design in colored sand on the bedspread. That was a very nice touch but they ended up throwing away our bag of gifts. The arrangement for excursions took over 2 hours, very pushy, spoke limited English.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Thank you for posting this review, we truly appreciate it your comments. I am disappointed to hear you have experienced an impersonal service at front desk; I have personally spoken with the Management to prevent for this to happen again. I would like to clarify that we are now accepting Discover cards and I apologize if we did not had this service while you were a guest in our hotel. I am also sorry for the delay in your room cleaning in one day, I am glad that we surprised you later and you enjoyed the special decoration made for you with colored rice. We always try to provide each guest with excellent service, and unfortunately we were not able to achieve this with you. I hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in a future stay. Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
shellbell
Great Hotel! We've stayed here several times and always enjoy it.
Nicki
"Nice view of the beach from our balcony"
Enjoyed the location on the beach and the close proximity to restaurants and convenience stores. The staff at the entrance were courteous, helpful, and welcoming. Lots of repair work was underway during our one week stay. There were people working daily scraping away paint, patching the stucco, and repairing paint issues all over the hotel. There was construction equipment in a number of the common areas. Other than seeing the construction equipment laying in common areas, there were no issues with noise from that work. The pool was nice and the swim-up bar was handy too. The room was clean and well maintained. My only complaint was with the room air conditioning. The thermostat has a motion sensing device that shuts down the air conditioner when no motion is detected (like when you're trying to sleep). Woke up hot a couple times and had to get out of bed to get the air conditioner to restart. We had some night owl neighbors that stayed up well past 2am so every time I woke up to address the air conditioner issue, I got to hear the neighbors chattering and laughing next door.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"casa magna"
hi lovely hotel, courteous and professional, prompt staff. helped us get a great room after expedia flubbed our reservations..
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Gina
"Nice hotel and staff but a few glitches..."
The electricity went out and we slept in a hot room the last night. Also, the shower pan clogged and filled with water. They responded quickly but the bathroom was already a mess. Room is okay but no mirrors except the one in the bathroom which makes getting dressed with 4 people complicated.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
Overall our experience was very good. The property is pretty with some construction. The staff was very warm and friendly, especially the pool and beach servers. The food was excellent and we stayed on site for drinks and dinner every night. The evenings in the room could get loud with late night spring breakers and the walls are a bit thin. But I would come again and recommend to anyone at other times of the year! We love the Marriott Casa Magna and JW!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
MB
The hotel was very clean and the staff very accommodating. Easy access to beach, and pool area very nice with plenty of chairs available.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Nice restaurants, but the room looked old"
Nice stuff, the ocean view was bad, old furniture, clean rooms, good food, good service
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear abafy Thank you for take the time to leave a comment about your recent stay with us, I am very glad that you enjoyed the service our hosts provided, they work hard to make all our guest feel very relax and pampered during their vacations. In the other hand, thank you as well for the comments you make about the rooms, it is important to let you know that we are already working in a renovation program that will keep our rooms updated and in great conditions. I sincerely hope that by the next time you honor us with your visit you can see the difference. Sunny regards, Martha Castroman Quality Manager
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
abafy
"Hotel is located right on beach on "hotel row""
This is a beautiful hotel located right on the beach on "hotel row" in Cancun. It has all the amenities you would expect. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was pleasant. Would definitely recommend it and the value was great compared to some of the other hotels.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
S
"Family fun."
Wonderful hotel! Great options for dining and perfect location in the heart of Cancun beach life. Check-in was the only issue. We got there on the last Sunday of spring break and it took over an hour at the front desk. My family had drinks by the beach while they waited for me.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Todd
"Wonderful!"
Amazing room, view, staff and facilities! Lived the breakfast buffet and the Thai restaurant. Creme brûlée at Thai restaurant best we've ever had!! Pool restaurant has great food with a good variety. "Best Mojitos in the world" true story!!
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
sights sun
"Cancun, MX"
Had a great experience on our trip to Cancun, and our stay at the Marriott CasaMagna. Staff was very friendly, hotel was beautiful, and easy access to the beach.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
very nice resort, although the hallways are very noisy in the evenings and during the night. otherwise, a great vacation and very friendly and accommodating staff at the resort.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Nice hotel on Beach with Friendly Staff"
We had a wonderful experience at the CasaMagna Hotel in Cancun. It was located on the beach. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They addressed me by name in the dining areas as well as at the pool. They went out of their way to attend to all our needs and many actually "thanked" me for coming and and said they appreciated us staying at the Marriott hotel. Hotel was very clean, lovely view, pool large, and plenty of lounge chairs. Many dining options between the 2 Marriott hotels adjacent to each other. In addition many restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice Marriott On the beach"
We stayed in the carribbean suite. It was well worth the upgrade for the expansive balcony. It was a nice room and was very comfortable. The view was magnificent and the hotel was a great place to stay. Warm and welcoming staff and grounds kept very nicely!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Great service, exceptional staff, great location and beach
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
RK
"Beautiful clean. Staff was very professional"
Wonderful! Cant wait to go back. Marriott casa magna was one of the best hotels i ve stayed at.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"casa magna"
very nice hotel, just had minor glitch with one front desk person reargding room that was promised but overall a very nice and relaxing stay. looking foward to going back!
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
michae
"The best hotel so far in cancun FOR ME"
I really enjoyed the staying and specsilly the view that i had everytime i leave the room it was amazing. As a family and spring breaker we really enjoyed ourstaying and everything was close to you and eveyone was helpful
"Great service"
Great stay at Marriott Nice beach and pool area Great restaurants and awesome service Little cafe in gift shop had lots of good treats from ice cream to chocolate coissants Only negatives would be hotel starting to show age a little and could use some updates
sherry
"Very Nice Hotel Right on the Beach"
Romm was clean and very comfortable with a good view of the ocean. The food in the hotel restaurants was very good. Overall a wonderful getaway.
Alex
"Great hotel with lots of amenities"
We spent six nights at CasaMagna recently. The breakfast is unmatched. The staff is courteous and helpful. Concierge and travel services were excellent. Beds were comfy! The pool had plenty of towels and a great bar. The ONLY thing I would change is to add a comfortable chair to the room. The one that was provided wasn't cozy enough for lounging. 4.9 out of 5 stars!
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Deanna
"Marriot Cancun"
Beautiful Hotel and Great Staff
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
"Not what we expected"
The Marriott CasaMagna disappointed our family. When we booked this hotel for wedding anniversary and my birthday we read the description and tried to choose the best room for this purpose. However, during our stay we understood our room was an average and the ocean view ( what Expedia promised with extra fee ) was side view, not direct view. The room was missing the coffeemaker, mirror was just general one at the bathroom, no close up mirror and full body mirror. These are basic things what every Marriott has in US. So, we expected to see the same at Marriott CasaMagna but got very disappointed. The AC was very laud and I could not sleep at night because of AC noise. So, our vacation was not what we expected.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Marina Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your recent stay in our hotel, I am sorry to read that we couldn´t give you an incredible experience, I am sorry if there were a confusion between the moment of booking an the check in. I sincerely apologize for the missing amenities that you mention, we are in a renovation process and this includes some of the amenities, and the A/C I will verify with the proper departments, and we will do our best to have this done as soon as possible. I hope you give us another opportunity to celebrate with you these special moments and change your opinion. Sincerely, Martha Castroman Quality Manager
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Marina
"Excellent and Very Friendly!!"
This was a very enjoyable stay! The staff was always concerned about our needs and treated us with genuine respect and kindness! They went out of their way on more than one occasion for me and my family and it made my trip! It wasn't like they were waiting for a tip but they did it anyways and I tipped because they truly cared! My sister's daughter had a wedding at another resort and they made it very uncomfortable to enjoy ourselves at that resort, we felt uneasy and didn't enjoy it there UNLIKE Casa Magna which made us always feel comfortable! I never review stays but they are excellent there and worth a review! 5 Stars!
6 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
This hotel was very clean and everyone was very friendly. The beach was awesome!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Les
"Best resort for people who dont need all-inclusive"
This resort is probably one of the best Marriott properties i have seen. Like any other hotel in cancun, its got the crystal blue waters and sugary white sand but what stands out is the quality of the property as a whole. It has a classy vibe to it. The service was amazing. The beach is lit up all night long if you want to stay out. Could not have asked for more!...
1 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2015
Rajagopal
"Exceeded our expectations !!"
Our time here was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed for five days and never left the resort. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the Japanese and Italian restaurants. This resort exceeded our expectations and we hope to return soon.
4 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Anniversary vacation"
It was our second stay at the Casa Magna and it was again fantastic. The weather, beach and ocean were great. look forward to a return trip.
4 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Nice property, but beware lobby noise"
Traveled Feb 24 to Mar 1. Enjoyed a lovely stay. Overall, hotel staff and facilities were wonderful—a very nice property. Interior garden room was nice—I liked watching sunsets over the lagoon. However, one thing to be mindful of is that with marble and tile throughout the lobby, sound is amplified and permeates into the interior rooms such as mine with a door that faced the lobby. Even a few floors up and slightly aside from being directly above the lobby, the sound was ever present. A few nights, there was a small band and karaoke in the lobby lounge—you'll get to hear that entertainment. Late night/early morning guests…you'll hear them coming and going too. I thought less of it as the week went on but it's something to be think about. Otherwise, great location—across the street are two excellent fish restaurants with nice outdoor dining on the door where you can watch the sun set. A few steps away are Papa Johns, a convenience market, and AquaWorld for any water excursion you may want. Bus stop in front for quick hop to other locales down the road.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Casa Magna"
perfect beach !!
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
katherine
"Love the Staff, needs a few updates"
We have stayed here four times and love the staff here. We always have great service. We love the Ocean Front rooms on any floor and love the breakfast buffet every morning. The rooms are looking a little tired and need a bit of paint and new rugs. We love the hotel overall and feel its a great place for anyone to stay. We have seen the hotel at its best and hope to see it returned to its best self.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Lori
"Beach views"
Hotel is a bit large for my tastes- but it was friendly, helpful and we had a lovely upgraded room with beach/ocean views. The room is a bit narrow, so in a king bed if you are sleeping on the inside section, you are pretty close to a wall/. The bathroom and appointments were beautiful as were all the toiletries. Looked spanky new!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Nellie
Overall we had a great stay. Hotel staff was extremely accomadating and friendly and the hotel has excellent restaurants. We would definitely go back. We did have a bad experience with our waitress at the sports bar and ended up walking out. They were not busy and they stood around talking and she never came to take our order.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Interesting hotel"
Very nice restaurants especially the Japanese and open buffet for the breakfast
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
M Aggag
"They think of everything"
This place is a 4-5 star hotel for a really good price. I read the reveiws on expedia and glad I chose it instead of the JW Marriott which is attached-it seemed alot older with less to do. You don't ever have to leave the property if you don't have to. There are a bunch of good restaurants, a pool, hottub, beach, beach towels, spa , a small store, bars, a car rental place, they exchange $$ for you for free at the front desk and the concierge will help you book anything. The view is breathtaking and I'm glad I paid to upgrade to a oceanview premium room. The buffet breakfast is from 630a-1130a and is the best one ive ever seen and I travel a lot. It is pricey if you pay full price ($25pp) but I booked through expedia and got it very cheap. The staff cannot do enough for you and are very pleasant. The property is large and there is a lot of open space with great foliage and decorations so it doesn't feel crowded even if it is. The bus stop is right at the end of the driveway and you can get to shopping in less than 5 minutes. It is a great place for couples, business travelers and even families.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Colleen
We had a wonderful time the entire time we were in Cancun
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great vacation"
We had a great stay at the Casa Magna. It really is a beautifully built hotel, though gracefully aged with lots of food options especially considering the JW Marriott attached. Great service from check in to check out. And food was super, especially the breakfast buffet. Perhaps the booze was a bit overpriced especially for top shelf. I don't understand some of the negative comments on the reviews. I have always found that if you treat waitresses or any service staff with respect, you get it back tenfold. We didn't want to leave. Also Best Day is the shuttle group that looked after us from airport to hotel for Expedia bookings. They've got their act together and would recommend them anytime.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
gp
The CasaMagna will suit you just fine if your looking for a nice place to swim and enjoy the sun, plenty of room at the beach no crowds that I saw. The staff are very friendly and easy to deal with. I went swimming and my money got wet, when I paid for some drinks at the pool bar the bills were stuck together and I put down too much money, the bartender found me on the other side of pool to give me the bills I had overpaid, he could have took that money and I would never have known, but he was honest enough to find me. I had a great time at Casamagna.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Was there about 7 years ago"
I stayed there with a couple of friends about 7 years ago and I loved it, so I decided to stay there again. The environment is lovely, they beach area has been upgraded, the pool area was good before and it's still good. The breakfast buffet was very nice, the staff was excellent! I was surprised that they had no changed the chairs in the Lobby since the last time I visited !! Not good! The Lobby looks really old during the day and I wish they could do something to make it come alive! My room wasn't 4 star grade, maybe 3.5 . Overall we enjoyed our stay again .
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Thank you for posting this review and for staying with us again. I would like to thank you for your comments about the beach, the pool, the breakfast and the excellent service that you received while a guest in our hotel, I will make sure to inform the staff. I would also like to let you know that we are working in our room’s renovation this year to actualize them and making a plan for the rest of the hotel too. I hope to have the opportunity to make you feel like home in a third stay! Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 23, 2015