All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Boulevard Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Nice hotel on Beach with Friendly Staff"
We had a wonderful experience at the CasaMagna Hotel in Cancun. It was located on the beach. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They addressed me by name in the dining areas as well as at the pool. They went out of their way to attend to all our needs and many actually "thanked" me for coming and and said they appreciated us staying at the Marriott hotel. Hotel was very clean, lovely view, pool large, and plenty of lounge chairs. Many dining options between the 2 Marriott hotels adjacent to each other. In addition many restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice Marriott On the beach"
We stayed in the carribbean suite. It was well worth the upgrade for the expansive balcony. It was a nice room and was very comfortable. The view was magnificent and the hotel was a great place to stay. Warm and welcoming staff and grounds kept very nicely!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Great service, exceptional staff, great location and beach
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
RK
"Beautiful clean. Staff was very professional"
Wonderful! Cant wait to go back. Marriott casa magna was one of the best hotels i ve stayed at.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"casa magna"
very nice hotel, just had minor glitch with one front desk person reargding room that was promised but overall a very nice and relaxing stay. looking foward to going back!
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
michae
"The best hotel so far in cancun FOR ME"
I really enjoyed the staying and specsilly the view that i had everytime i leave the room it was amazing. As a family and spring breaker we really enjoyed ourstaying and everything was close to you and eveyone was helpful
"Great service"
Great stay at Marriott Nice beach and pool area Great restaurants and awesome service Little cafe in gift shop had lots of good treats from ice cream to chocolate coissants Only negatives would be hotel starting to show age a little and could use some updates
sherry
"Very Nice Hotel Right on the Beach"
Romm was clean and very comfortable with a good view of the ocean. The food in the hotel restaurants was very good. Overall a wonderful getaway.
Alex
"Great hotel with lots of amenities"
We spent six nights at CasaMagna recently. The breakfast is unmatched. The staff is courteous and helpful. Concierge and travel services were excellent. Beds were comfy! The pool had plenty of towels and a great bar. The ONLY thing I would change is to add a comfortable chair to the room. The one that was provided wasn't cozy enough for lounging. 4.9 out of 5 stars!
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Deanna
"Marriot Cancun"
Beautiful Hotel and Great Staff
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
"Not what we expected"
The Marriott CasaMagna disappointed our family. When we booked this hotel for wedding anniversary and my birthday we read the description and tried to choose the best room for this purpose. However, during our stay we understood our room was an average and the ocean view ( what Expedia promised with extra fee ) was side view, not direct view. The room was missing the coffeemaker, mirror was just general one at the bathroom, no close up mirror and full body mirror. These are basic things what every Marriott has in US. So, we expected to see the same at Marriott CasaMagna but got very disappointed. The AC was very laud and I could not sleep at night because of AC noise. So, our vacation was not what we expected.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Marina Thank you for taking the time to leave a message about your recent stay in our hotel, I am sorry to read that we couldn´t give you an incredible experience, I am sorry if there were a confusion between the moment of booking an the check in. I sincerely apologize for the missing amenities that you mention, we are in a renovation process and this includes some of the amenities, and the A/C I will verify with the proper departments, and we will do our best to have this done as soon as possible. I hope you give us another opportunity to celebrate with you these special moments and change your opinion. Sincerely, Martha Castroman Quality Manager
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Marina
"Excellent and Very Friendly!!"
This was a very enjoyable stay! The staff was always concerned about our needs and treated us with genuine respect and kindness! They went out of their way on more than one occasion for me and my family and it made my trip! It wasn't like they were waiting for a tip but they did it anyways and I tipped because they truly cared! My sister's daughter had a wedding at another resort and they made it very uncomfortable to enjoy ourselves at that resort, we felt uneasy and didn't enjoy it there UNLIKE Casa Magna which made us always feel comfortable! I never review stays but they are excellent there and worth a review! 5 Stars!
6 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
This hotel was very clean and everyone was very friendly. The beach was awesome!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Les
"Best resort for people who dont need all-inclusive"
This resort is probably one of the best Marriott properties i have seen. Like any other hotel in cancun, its got the crystal blue waters and sugary white sand but what stands out is the quality of the property as a whole. It has a classy vibe to it. The service was amazing. The beach is lit up all night long if you want to stay out. Could not have asked for more!...
1 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2015
Rajagopal
"Exceeded our expectations !!"
Our time here was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed for five days and never left the resort. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the Japanese and Italian restaurants. This resort exceeded our expectations and we hope to return soon.
4 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Anniversary vacation"
It was our second stay at the Casa Magna and it was again fantastic. The weather, beach and ocean were great. look forward to a return trip.
4 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Nice property, but beware lobby noise"
Traveled Feb 24 to Mar 1. Enjoyed a lovely stay. Overall, hotel staff and facilities were wonderful—a very nice property. Interior garden room was nice—I liked watching sunsets over the lagoon. However, one thing to be mindful of is that with marble and tile throughout the lobby, sound is amplified and permeates into the interior rooms such as mine with a door that faced the lobby. Even a few floors up and slightly aside from being directly above the lobby, the sound was ever present. A few nights, there was a small band and karaoke in the lobby lounge—you'll get to hear that entertainment. Late night/early morning guests…you'll hear them coming and going too. I thought less of it as the week went on but it's something to be think about. Otherwise, great location—across the street are two excellent fish restaurants with nice outdoor dining on the door where you can watch the sun set. A few steps away are Papa Johns, a convenience market, and AquaWorld for any water excursion you may want. Bus stop in front for quick hop to other locales down the road.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Casa Magna"
perfect beach !!
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
katherine
"Love the Staff, needs a few updates"
We have stayed here four times and love the staff here. We always have great service. We love the Ocean Front rooms on any floor and love the breakfast buffet every morning. The rooms are looking a little tired and need a bit of paint and new rugs. We love the hotel overall and feel its a great place for anyone to stay. We have seen the hotel at its best and hope to see it returned to its best self.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Lori
"Beach views"
Hotel is a bit large for my tastes- but it was friendly, helpful and we had a lovely upgraded room with beach/ocean views. The room is a bit narrow, so in a king bed if you are sleeping on the inside section, you are pretty close to a wall/. The bathroom and appointments were beautiful as were all the toiletries. Looked spanky new!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Nellie
Overall we had a great stay. Hotel staff was extremely accomadating and friendly and the hotel has excellent restaurants. We would definitely go back. We did have a bad experience with our waitress at the sports bar and ended up walking out. They were not busy and they stood around talking and she never came to take our order.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Interesting hotel"
Very nice restaurants especially the Japanese and open buffet for the breakfast
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
M Aggag
"They think of everything"
This place is a 4-5 star hotel for a really good price. I read the reveiws on expedia and glad I chose it instead of the JW Marriott which is attached-it seemed alot older with less to do. You don't ever have to leave the property if you don't have to. There are a bunch of good restaurants, a pool, hottub, beach, beach towels, spa , a small store, bars, a car rental place, they exchange $$ for you for free at the front desk and the concierge will help you book anything. The view is breathtaking and I'm glad I paid to upgrade to a oceanview premium room. The buffet breakfast is from 630a-1130a and is the best one ive ever seen and I travel a lot. It is pricey if you pay full price ($25pp) but I booked through expedia and got it very cheap. The staff cannot do enough for you and are very pleasant. The property is large and there is a lot of open space with great foliage and decorations so it doesn't feel crowded even if it is. The bus stop is right at the end of the driveway and you can get to shopping in less than 5 minutes. It is a great place for couples, business travelers and even families.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Colleen
We had a wonderful time the entire time we were in Cancun
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great vacation"
We had a great stay at the Casa Magna. It really is a beautifully built hotel, though gracefully aged with lots of food options especially considering the JW Marriott attached. Great service from check in to check out. And food was super, especially the breakfast buffet. Perhaps the booze was a bit overpriced especially for top shelf. I don't understand some of the negative comments on the reviews. I have always found that if you treat waitresses or any service staff with respect, you get it back tenfold. We didn't want to leave. Also Best Day is the shuttle group that looked after us from airport to hotel for Expedia bookings. They've got their act together and would recommend them anytime.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
gp
The CasaMagna will suit you just fine if your looking for a nice place to swim and enjoy the sun, plenty of room at the beach no crowds that I saw. The staff are very friendly and easy to deal with. I went swimming and my money got wet, when I paid for some drinks at the pool bar the bills were stuck together and I put down too much money, the bartender found me on the other side of pool to give me the bills I had overpaid, he could have took that money and I would never have known, but he was honest enough to find me. I had a great time at Casamagna.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Was there about 7 years ago"
I stayed there with a couple of friends about 7 years ago and I loved it, so I decided to stay there again. The environment is lovely, they beach area has been upgraded, the pool area was good before and it's still good. The breakfast buffet was very nice, the staff was excellent! I was surprised that they had no changed the chairs in the Lobby since the last time I visited !! Not good! The Lobby looks really old during the day and I wish they could do something to make it come alive! My room wasn't 4 star grade, maybe 3.5 . Overall we enjoyed our stay again .
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Thank you for posting this review and for staying with us again. I would like to thank you for your comments about the beach, the pool, the breakfast and the excellent service that you received while a guest in our hotel, I will make sure to inform the staff. I would also like to let you know that we are working in our room’s renovation this year to actualize them and making a plan for the rest of the hotel too. I hope to have the opportunity to make you feel like home in a third stay! Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
2nd time around
"We are coming magazine next year!"
Great place. Clean. Awesome beaches. Nice rooms. Little noises but still great for the price.
4 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel, beautiful sunrise, great beach!"
Hotel staff very friendly and always willing to provide service with a smile. Rooms are clean, easy access to parking and easy access to the beach 24 hours a day with lighting all night! Great pool and jucuzzi.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Hotel staffs are great!"
They help creat a welcoming atmosphere, and they are very helpful in giving advice about tour sites in Cancun. The hotel itself is beautiful, food in restaurants inside are super delicious, but if anyone wants local Mexico food and for cheaper price, downtown Cancun or shopping malls provide better choices.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Shelley
"Great hotel in a nice location with a beautiful be"
Exceptional site with a beautiful beach and a very courteous wait staff. Good restaurants on site with plenty of good food.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Charlie
"Happy"
Verygood hotel good food good people love the pool and the sand!!! Near everything!!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
flaca
"Loved it!!"
hotel was beautiful, staff was very friendly and helpful, great location...so happy we chose it!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Rachel
"Nice but not a great experience"
The hotel and the staff are great, the rooms are good and the ones with ocean view are beautiful. I call to the Marriott call center and they told me that i can pay with my debit card at the check-in and that won´t be any problem, when I arrived it was totally the opposite,beacuse I couldn't pay with my debit card and I had to take money every day from the ATM, aditional to that I made the reservation for 3 people and the room with spedia said it was with breakfast, he surprise... only breakfast for 2 I think that's chating and play with the customers, that is expedia fault, but the hotel guy didn't help us at all, it was like "I don't know, that you problem". After that my family and I decide to pay for the third breakfast and let me tell you is really expensive, it's a buffet but you're not going to eat the hole buffet to say that you're getting the hole overprice of the breakfst, and the waiters are annoying because they're always and very 5 minutes reminding you that you have to pay the third breakfast. When whe get to our home, my mom realized that to pair of her earrings were missing, really bad from the staff and the hotel, and don't tell me taht you have a safe deposit in each room, because that's not the answer, we go to a hotel like this because the think we are staying at a good place and things like this shouldn't happen. I'm really disappointed and you can be sure I'll never booked a hotel with expedia and I'll never stay again at the marriott hotels
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Thank you for posting this review, we truly appreciate it your comments. I would like to clarify that we are not allowed to take debit cards to make holds since in Mexico it does not work like that, once we swiped the debit card, the charged is applied in your account immediately. That is why we recommend to our guests to make the holds with credit cards or pay directly in each outlet once you have your final bill. I am sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you. We felt that our prices are well aligned to the services we provided and I apologize if we do not meet your expectations. I also regret what you mentioned about your mom’s earrings, we have safe deposit in each room for our guest’s security and always recommend using it, and once again I apologize if we fail in our intent to cover your expectations. Thank you very much for your nice comments about our friendly staff and our rooms with the beautiful ocean view. We hope you decide to visit us again in the near future to regain your confidence. Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Arley
"Great place, frigid a/c in the lobby, small gym"
Great place, fantastic bkfst but very small fitness room, expresso coffee is charged separate at bkfst and the a/c temperature is kept at a ridiculous frigid zone, bad for your health when it's 35c outside
4 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Ruben G.
"Cancun Hotel"
It is a wonderful hotel with friendly, helpful staff and great views.
1 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2015
nadiah
"Poor value for money"
OK, we booked late and in high season, but even still, the average nightly room rate was $572. That is too much for the overall quality of the hotel. This is a decent hotel, but its a $250-300/night hotel. For nearly $600/night you expect superb quality. Also, breakfast and internet were extras. We were there 9 days and these together added another $400+ The hotel does not take Maestro, so be careful. And, bizarrely, if you have a debit card and not credit card, as we did, they will not offer you an open account for your stay. we had to pay the entire room cost for the 9 days in one charge and then pay for consumables as and when we consumed.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Nick, Thank you for posting this review, we truly appreciate it your comments. December is our highest season and I apologize if we do not meet your expectations; we felt that our prices are well aligned to the services we provided. Thank you very much for your nice comments about our friendly staff, our excellent pool and the well-priced and good quality restaurants. I would like to clarify that we are not allowed to take debit cards to make holds since in Mexico it does not work like that, once we swiped the debit card, the charged is applied in your account immediately. That is why we recommend to our guests to make the holds with credit cards or pay directly in each outlet once you have your final bill. I am sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again and host you in one of the renovated rooms that we are currently doing. Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Nick
"Gorgeous ocean views w/ the friendliest staff!"
Isabel gave us an early check-in Christmas Day and helped us manage a discrepancy with Expedia with the utmost professionalism. Special thank you to the manager on duty for his generosity (can't remember his name). We thoroughly enjoyed our King room (4007) which was well-appointed, clean and we received a sweet welcome note from our housekeeper (she was stealth - we never saw her). Spending a majority of our days basking in the sun at the beach palapas, we would stalk our favorite waiter, Eleazar, from section to section. Eleazar was attentive, personable, comical, and made sure our eats were spot-on! LOVE HIM! You MUST try the poolside bar's seafood cerviche - it's AMAZING! If you're craving a burger, the best one to split is the Mac-n-Cheese Burger from Champions Sports Bar onsite (we ordered it several times by the pool) and the Papas Fritas Con Limon Y Cilantro. I think I threw the staff for a loop the first couple of times b/c it's not a normal menu item. Ask for Vianaei (sports therapy) and Otillia (blended) for your massages. Both ladies had magical hands that were able to work out our knots without beating us up (unlike what we get back home). Both Tony & Carlos at the spa were able to find workable time slots for our massages as both therapists had vastly different schedules. Loved Dasey & David in the gift/coffee shop. They were always smiling and super friendly - try the carne empandas...exceptional!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Rayanne
"Beautiful hotel on the beach- great for families"
We stayed for 1 week & had an amazing time. Restaurants were very nice- beach & pool were excellent!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Good Vacation"
Strongly recommend the ocean front room! Has a balcony that directly looks down to the beach! We watched sunrise on the balcony (since the room faces east)! They also call shuttle/taxi to Carmen for you. It's in the hotel zone with all the American/fancy Dinings, you will need to take the bus if you want local food.
3 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
"Nice view"
Incredible experience. Nice hotel and nice people. I will come back very soon.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Ernesto
"NO FREE COFFEE FOR COSTLY RATE"
Room was nice BUT NO COFFEE at the room. For a price of over $ 1000 a night they should at least provide FREE COFFEE or TEA. No complimentary bottled water as well. ALL WITH CHARGE.:((
5 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
MAE
"Nice hotel on the beach"
Very good location. It was a very good deal during the Holiday season.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
AM
"excellent place for vocation"
location is super good. we booked the Premium Room(Ocean View). the room doesn't rightly face the front of the sea. but we can still enjoy the nice sea view from our balcony. the staffs there are very friendly and kind hearted. you can enjoy much by only staying in the hotel. they have everything we want. we love the beach and water activities. jungle tour, snorkelling, ski riding, wave riding etc.. the breakfast is good. if you want to get the window seats, do avoid the rush time 8.30pm-10.00pm. if you want to join tours to other sites like xcrate and chen-itza, just make reservation in the hotel's tour information center. it is so convenient. we love the hotel.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Ellen
"Absolutely Wonderful Hotel!"
I stayed here a week ago and was blown away with this resort. The resort itself is stunning and quite large. The staff is tremendously friendly and willing to help. Our room was very clean, the furniture was new, and the view was amazing!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Beautiful hotel."
Hotel staff is outstanding. Nice location in hotel zone. Beach is beautiful. We had the breakfast buffet included but I would pay the $22 each day if it wasn't.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great Hotel on the beach"
We had an amazing stay. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. Food was great. Brought our 2 teenage daughters and my husband and myself. Right on the beach.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Anne K
"Great service but property needs a Reno"
The price reflects what you get. The hotel was once stunning but it's old. They try. The help is great. The property and rooms show age. But the location on the beach is great. We enjoyed the room service and the littl shop had great empanadas. Lovely staff.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Julie, Thank you for posting this review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location with the beautiful beach, our wonderful staff and the famous "empanadas" from our restaurant La Capilla that we also offer in the Gift Shop. I would like to share with you that we are doing renovations in our rooms to constantly actualice us. I sincerely hope to welcome you again and you enjoyed one f this new rooms. Sunny regards, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
4 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"Great Hotel in Cancun Hotel Zone"
Easy check-in but the best part of hotel was the staff! The staff was amazing...always so friendly!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Baudi
"Beautiful beach front. Staff ia very helpful."
We had a very pleasant stay at Casamagana Marriott. The room service guy Joseu also noticed it was my birthday, and he put balloons and a happy birthday sign on my door. The man at the front desk Darien was very helpful with everything. The only complaint for us is that the air conditioning is too loud.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014