All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereBoulevard Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎855-239-9485

"They think of everything"
This place is a 4-5 star hotel for a really good price. I read the reveiws on expedia and glad I chose it instead of the JW Marriott which is attached-it seemed alot older with less to do. You don't ever have to leave the property if you don't have to. There are a bunch of good restaurants, a pool, hottub, beach, beach towels, spa , a small store, bars, a car rental place, they exchange $$ for you for free at the front desk and the concierge will help you book anything. The view is breathtaking and I'm glad I paid to upgrade to a oceanview premium room. The buffet breakfast is from 630a-1130a and is the best one ive ever seen and I travel a lot. It is pricey if you pay full price ($25pp) but I booked through expedia and got it very cheap. The staff cannot do enough for you and are very pleasant. The property is large and there is a lot of open space with great foliage and decorations so it doesn't feel crowded even if it is. The bus stop is right at the end of the driveway and you can get to shopping in less than 5 minutes. It is a great place for couples, business travelers and even families.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Colleen
We had a wonderful time the entire time we were in Cancun
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great vacation"
We had a great stay at the Casa Magna. It really is a beautifully built hotel, though gracefully aged with lots of food options especially considering the JW Marriott attached. Great service from check in to check out. And food was super, especially the breakfast buffet. Perhaps the booze was a bit overpriced especially for top shelf. I don't understand some of the negative comments on the reviews. I have always found that if you treat waitresses or any service staff with respect, you get it back tenfold. We didn't want to leave. Also Best Day is the shuttle group that looked after us from airport to hotel for Expedia bookings. They've got their act together and would recommend them anytime.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
gp
The CasaMagna will suit you just fine if your looking for a nice place to swim and enjoy the sun, plenty of room at the beach no crowds that I saw. The staff are very friendly and easy to deal with. I went swimming and my money got wet, when I paid for some drinks at the pool bar the bills were stuck together and I put down too much money, the bartender found me on the other side of pool to give me the bills I had overpaid, he could have took that money and I would never have known, but he was honest enough to find me. I had a great time at Casamagna.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Was there about 7 years ago"
I stayed there with a couple of friends about 7 years ago and I loved it, so I decided to stay there again. The environment is lovely, they beach area has been upgraded, the pool area was good before and it's still good. The breakfast buffet was very nice, the staff was excellent! I was surprised that they had no changed the chairs in the Lobby since the last time I visited !! Not good! The Lobby looks really old during the day and I wish they could do something to make it come alive! My room wasn't 4 star grade, maybe 3.5 . Overall we enjoyed our stay again .
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Thank you for posting this review and for staying with us again. I would like to thank you for your comments about the beach, the pool, the breakfast and the excellent service that you received while a guest in our hotel, I will make sure to inform the staff. I would also like to let you know that we are working in our room’s renovation this year to actualize them and making a plan for the rest of the hotel too. I hope to have the opportunity to make you feel like home in a third stay! Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
2nd time around
"We are coming magazine next year!"
Great place. Clean. Awesome beaches. Nice rooms. Little noises but still great for the price.
4 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel, beautiful sunrise, great beach!"
Hotel staff very friendly and always willing to provide service with a smile. Rooms are clean, easy access to parking and easy access to the beach 24 hours a day with lighting all night! Great pool and jucuzzi.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Hotel staffs are great!"
They help creat a welcoming atmosphere, and they are very helpful in giving advice about tour sites in Cancun. The hotel itself is beautiful, food in restaurants inside are super delicious, but if anyone wants local Mexico food and for cheaper price, downtown Cancun or shopping malls provide better choices.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Shelley
"Great hotel in a nice location with a beautiful be"
Exceptional site with a beautiful beach and a very courteous wait staff. Good restaurants on site with plenty of good food.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Charlie
"Happy"
Verygood hotel good food good people love the pool and the sand!!! Near everything!!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
flaca
"Loved it!!"
hotel was beautiful, staff was very friendly and helpful, great location...so happy we chose it!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Rachel
"Nice but not a great experience"
The hotel and the staff are great, the rooms are good and the ones with ocean view are beautiful. I call to the Marriott call center and they told me that i can pay with my debit card at the check-in and that won´t be any problem, when I arrived it was totally the opposite,beacuse I couldn't pay with my debit card and I had to take money every day from the ATM, aditional to that I made the reservation for 3 people and the room with spedia said it was with breakfast, he surprise... only breakfast for 2 I think that's chating and play with the customers, that is expedia fault, but the hotel guy didn't help us at all, it was like "I don't know, that you problem". After that my family and I decide to pay for the third breakfast and let me tell you is really expensive, it's a buffet but you're not going to eat the hole buffet to say that you're getting the hole overprice of the breakfst, and the waiters are annoying because they're always and very 5 minutes reminding you that you have to pay the third breakfast. When whe get to our home, my mom realized that to pair of her earrings were missing, really bad from the staff and the hotel, and don't tell me taht you have a safe deposit in each room, because that's not the answer, we go to a hotel like this because the think we are staying at a good place and things like this shouldn't happen. I'm really disappointed and you can be sure I'll never booked a hotel with expedia and I'll never stay again at the marriott hotels
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Thank you for posting this review, we truly appreciate it your comments. I would like to clarify that we are not allowed to take debit cards to make holds since in Mexico it does not work like that, once we swiped the debit card, the charged is applied in your account immediately. That is why we recommend to our guests to make the holds with credit cards or pay directly in each outlet once you have your final bill. I am sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you. We felt that our prices are well aligned to the services we provided and I apologize if we do not meet your expectations. I also regret what you mentioned about your mom’s earrings, we have safe deposit in each room for our guest’s security and always recommend using it, and once again I apologize if we fail in our intent to cover your expectations. Thank you very much for your nice comments about our friendly staff and our rooms with the beautiful ocean view. We hope you decide to visit us again in the near future to regain your confidence. Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Arley
"Great place, frigid a/c in the lobby, small gym"
Great place, fantastic bkfst but very small fitness room, expresso coffee is charged separate at bkfst and the a/c temperature is kept at a ridiculous frigid zone, bad for your health when it's 35c outside
4 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Ruben G.
"Cancun Hotel"
It is a wonderful hotel with friendly, helpful staff and great views.
1 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2015
nadiah
"Poor value for money"
OK, we booked late and in high season, but even still, the average nightly room rate was $572. That is too much for the overall quality of the hotel. This is a decent hotel, but its a $250-300/night hotel. For nearly $600/night you expect superb quality. Also, breakfast and internet were extras. We were there 9 days and these together added another $400+ The hotel does not take Maestro, so be careful. And, bizarrely, if you have a debit card and not credit card, as we did, they will not offer you an open account for your stay. we had to pay the entire room cost for the 9 days in one charge and then pay for consumables as and when we consumed.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Nick, Thank you for posting this review, we truly appreciate it your comments. December is our highest season and I apologize if we do not meet your expectations; we felt that our prices are well aligned to the services we provided. Thank you very much for your nice comments about our friendly staff, our excellent pool and the well-priced and good quality restaurants. I would like to clarify that we are not allowed to take debit cards to make holds since in Mexico it does not work like that, once we swiped the debit card, the charged is applied in your account immediately. That is why we recommend to our guests to make the holds with credit cards or pay directly in each outlet once you have your final bill. I am sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again and host you in one of the renovated rooms that we are currently doing. Sincerely, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Nick
"Gorgeous ocean views w/ the friendliest staff!"
Isabel gave us an early check-in Christmas Day and helped us manage a discrepancy with Expedia with the utmost professionalism. Special thank you to the manager on duty for his generosity (can't remember his name). We thoroughly enjoyed our King room (4007) which was well-appointed, clean and we received a sweet welcome note from our housekeeper (she was stealth - we never saw her). Spending a majority of our days basking in the sun at the beach palapas, we would stalk our favorite waiter, Eleazar, from section to section. Eleazar was attentive, personable, comical, and made sure our eats were spot-on! LOVE HIM! You MUST try the poolside bar's seafood cerviche - it's AMAZING! If you're craving a burger, the best one to split is the Mac-n-Cheese Burger from Champions Sports Bar onsite (we ordered it several times by the pool) and the Papas Fritas Con Limon Y Cilantro. I think I threw the staff for a loop the first couple of times b/c it's not a normal menu item. Ask for Vianaei (sports therapy) and Otillia (blended) for your massages. Both ladies had magical hands that were able to work out our knots without beating us up (unlike what we get back home). Both Tony & Carlos at the spa were able to find workable time slots for our massages as both therapists had vastly different schedules. Loved Dasey & David in the gift/coffee shop. They were always smiling and super friendly - try the carne empandas...exceptional!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Rayanne
"Beautiful hotel on the beach- great for families"
We stayed for 1 week & had an amazing time. Restaurants were very nice- beach & pool were excellent!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Good Vacation"
Strongly recommend the ocean front room! Has a balcony that directly looks down to the beach! We watched sunrise on the balcony (since the room faces east)! They also call shuttle/taxi to Carmen for you. It's in the hotel zone with all the American/fancy Dinings, you will need to take the bus if you want local food.
3 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
"Nice view"
Incredible experience. Nice hotel and nice people. I will come back very soon.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Ernesto
"NO FREE COFFEE FOR COSTLY RATE"
Room was nice BUT NO COFFEE at the room. For a price of over $ 1000 a night they should at least provide FREE COFFEE or TEA. No complimentary bottled water as well. ALL WITH CHARGE.:((
5 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
MAE
"Nice hotel on the beach"
Very good location. It was a very good deal during the Holiday season.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
AM
"excellent place for vocation"
location is super good. we booked the Premium Room(Ocean View). the room doesn't rightly face the front of the sea. but we can still enjoy the nice sea view from our balcony. the staffs there are very friendly and kind hearted. you can enjoy much by only staying in the hotel. they have everything we want. we love the beach and water activities. jungle tour, snorkelling, ski riding, wave riding etc.. the breakfast is good. if you want to get the window seats, do avoid the rush time 8.30pm-10.00pm. if you want to join tours to other sites like xcrate and chen-itza, just make reservation in the hotel's tour information center. it is so convenient. we love the hotel.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Ellen
"Absolutely Wonderful Hotel!"
I stayed here a week ago and was blown away with this resort. The resort itself is stunning and quite large. The staff is tremendously friendly and willing to help. Our room was very clean, the furniture was new, and the view was amazing!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Beautiful hotel."
Hotel staff is outstanding. Nice location in hotel zone. Beach is beautiful. We had the breakfast buffet included but I would pay the $22 each day if it wasn't.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great Hotel on the beach"
We had an amazing stay. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. Food was great. Brought our 2 teenage daughters and my husband and myself. Right on the beach.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Anne K
"Great service but property needs a Reno"
The price reflects what you get. The hotel was once stunning but it's old. They try. The help is great. The property and rooms show age. But the location on the beach is great. We enjoyed the room service and the littl shop had great empanadas. Lovely staff.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Julie, Thank you for posting this review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location with the beautiful beach, our wonderful staff and the famous "empanadas" from our restaurant La Capilla that we also offer in the Gift Shop. I would like to share with you that we are doing renovations in our rooms to constantly actualice us. I sincerely hope to welcome you again and you enjoyed one f this new rooms. Sunny regards, Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
4 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"Great Hotel in Cancun Hotel Zone"
Easy check-in but the best part of hotel was the staff! The staff was amazing...always so friendly!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Baudi
"Beautiful beach front. Staff ia very helpful."
We had a very pleasant stay at Casamagana Marriott. The room service guy Joseu also noticed it was my birthday, and he put balloons and a happy birthday sign on my door. The man at the front desk Darien was very helpful with everything. The only complaint for us is that the air conditioning is too loud.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Lizzie
"Need major upgrades"
Uncomfortable beds, bad tv channels, Jacuzzi always packed
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Boomboomkachoom: Thank you for taking the time to write this review in regards to your recent stay at the CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort Please accept our sincere apology for incidents reported and can assure you to use this important feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure our improvement needed. We are working, doing renovations in our property looking to keep it in the level our guest expect and deserve. In the other hand, we appreciate the fact you consider our staff one of our best assets, we are proud of the hard work they do day by day. We hope to have an opportunity to host you again in your next visit to Cancun and show you our improvements. Sunny regards
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Boomboomkachoom
The room and service was excellent and the food in the Argentine Steakhouse was outstanding - thumbs up on the veal short back ribs.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"The hotel is very nice. I loved it!"
The ocean view was gorgeous! Especially when having breakfast overlooking the ocean. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is efficient and very friendly. The bus stop is close by, right in front of hotel. Room and bed were very comfortable, clean, very well maintained. Also felt very safe and secure. I would definitely stay here again. :)
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Vivian
"Nice and on the Beach."
We have been coming to the Marriott Casa Magna since 2009 and everyone and everything has been wonderful. We have not had any complaints. The hotel is only twenty minutes from the airport and right on the beach with several miles of beautiful sand to stroll. We always come the first of December and so the wind at times can be a bit strong to lay on the beach but then we just move up to the pool. The pool and hot tub are fantastic, always hot and clean. Several of the staff have truly become like family and we see most of the folks year after year which I thinks speaks volumes for how the hotel treats their employees and the ones we know well have been working there twenty-thirty years. The food is very good and there are a half dozen choices for restaurants within the two hotels or across the street.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
The entire staff was very helpful and Terrific. Sports bar was fun, good food. A very pleasant place to stay. a bit pricey but worth it.
Jordan
"Winter Break"
Good, free internet in public areas, (bed mattress .......lumpy.....), nice pool,clean public areas, great restaurants !!!
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"On the beach and excellent facilities"
It was an amazing experience staying at this hotel for two nights. The ocean view rooms are at an angle, but still offers a great view of the turquoise Caribbean Sea. The rooms are typically Mariott, like everywhere in the world and the hotel provides excellent access to restaurants and a cute gift shop in the lobby. The jacuzzi with its warm bubbling water provided a great time, though it was very crowded.
Sayonsom
Loves the hotel only wish the pillows were more comfortable. Other than the bedding everything was excellent.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Marriott - always excellent"
Stayed for a few days in December. Service and everything was great as expected.
3 night trip Dec 9, 2014
steven
"Anniversary trip. Loved it!"
Loved the hotel and the view. Great beach. Free parking and good food.
5 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Excellent hotel! Great view!"
Beautiful hotel located on kukulcan Avenue, excellent location , the staff are very kind and friendly, and the rooms are quite spacious and clean, the nicest comfiest beds ever. The view from the suite is just awesome, turquoise shore and white sand.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Marco
"CasaMagna vacation."
We absolutely LOVE this hotel. It excels in not only wonderful service, but also in our Caribbean Suite with the wrap-balcony - extremely comfortable. Right on the soft white sand with all the beautiful sunrises & sunsets. Room service is fast and efficient. We did not go all-inclusive - but chose to order from the menu when we were hungry. As I said, we LOVE this hotel and are looking forward to our return - soon.
10 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Gregory
Excellent service. Staff friendly and helpful. Food and drinks outstanding. I would definitely stay again!
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Comfortable Sophistication with No Pushy Sales"
My family of four (kids are girl 16 and boy 13) from the Midwest spent Thanksgiving at the Casa Magna. The Casa Magna was perfect for our first trip out of the states. The resort is clean and friendly. The staff speaks English well, We had no communication problems. The rooms were clean and up to date. Our room had a large balcony. The shower was amazing and the beds were comfortable. The staff were not pushy but they were available if we need them. Room service was good and affordable. The pool was nice but we especially liked the 20 person hot tub. If I had to say what I would improve I would like if they had music in the pool area. It would make it a more lively atmosphere. Also November is very very windy so there were no beach activities available i.e. paddle board etc.
Janet
"Great Staff, Nice property"
The staff was the best thing about the hotel. VERY pleasant and went out of their way to help. Really made you care that you were a guest at the hotel.
"Beautiful Getaway"
Our stay was a short 4 days. With one evening exception we never left the hotel campus. There were many restaurant choices between CasaMagna and the JW next door (and connected by inside walkway). The beach is magnificent with lots of wait staff to assist with our needs. The hotel is clean and beautiful. The room was not overly spacious but we didn't spend much time in it, only to rest for the next day. The bed was comfortable. I have always considered Marriott our go to choice while traveling. This resort did not disappoint.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Cheryl
Excellent facility and great service!!! Do not hesitate to try it
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice hotel on the beach... little outdated"
The hotel is close to airport, right on the beach and nearby to restaurants and other attraction. The pool is great and the staff is pleasing. The room we stayed in was outdated and later on staff told us that the hotel is going through renovation. The rooms lack some basic ammenities such as coffee maker and microwave. Overall i would say that every ocean facing room has a good view and easy access to the pool and beach.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
AJ
Great hotel and great restaurants nivel Beach and incredible staff also the beach is perfect
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
luis
"Not what I expected"
I had booked a room with a kingzise bed with ocean view. The check-in staff confirmed my booking when I arrived, but when I got to the room I had recieved a old room with to single beds. The ocean view was a joke as well. With some disturbing conversation I finally got a nice room, but not the ocean view I expected. I guess this is what happens when you book online on sites which is not their own. This hotel is old and it shows all over the complex. The gym is for example too small and the corners of the walls in the gym is damaged and not taken care of. That room looks more like a 2 star hotel. I dont like that the charge extra for using the tennis courts. The hotel staff are very friendly. That is probably the best part of this hotel. Breakfast was over all pretty good but too expensive for what you are getting. I have no idea what the use in the orange juice though, and the bread section was dry everytime I tried something. The had a decent fruit table and a helpful egg chef.
8 night trip Nov 25, 2014
Allan
"Lost and service was terrible"
Hotel front desk had no clue neither did the concerige. No calendar for activities. Just terrible. Basically show up and figure out what you want to do because the hotel and staff was very lost. In the room the mini bar was molded and did not work all the food and drinks were expired. It took 5 calls to the front desk to get this nasty mini bar out then when they brought the new one I had to help install and remove the old one and there was still no snacks or food in the new bar. The second day after getting the mini bar replace the light above the bed kept going off in the middle of the night. 3 calls and no one ever came and looked at the light. Just slept with the covers over my head. In the bathroom the molding at the bottom of the door was coming apart which I also placed 2 calls about and no one fixed this. There was a piece of metal hanging out at the bottom and every time you opened or closed the door the metal would poke back out and have to be pushed in. It was a rusty piece of metal and also could have been dangerous if it hit someone's foot. The hair dryer did not so we just dealt with that because the problems we complained about were not solved. The most disappointing thing was that we asked to upgrade and or buy the all inclusive package and they had no interest in even trying to accomidate us. Terrible especially since I am a Marriott club member. Beach and pool were nice. Bellhop helped us out and was good. Massage and spa area was good but the problems.
Response by Marriott CasaMagna Resort Cancun
Dear Jamie, Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you had while a guest with us. Our Front desk and Concierge staffs are well trained and I apologize if we do not meet your expectations. I have spoken with the department leaders to assure this was an isolated case. I would like to let you know that we only have the all-inclusive package available when you book online specifically selecting that package, we do not have the option to offer it at property. For the upgrade, we normally have a variety of options for our guest to choose; once again I am very sorry if we do not had anything that fits your needs. Thank you very much for your nice comments about our beach and bell staff, I hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in a future stay. Tiffany S, (Front Office Manager)
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Jamie
"Beautiful hotel by the beach with a beautiful view"
Enjoyable stay. Courteous staff and great sports bar and grill. Beautiful lobby areas for relaxing while waiting for someone or just to sit and read a book.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014