All hotels in Palm Beach, Aruba

"Oct 2014, 4th visit at this hotel"
First stayed here 5 years ago right after the total remodel. Parts of the hotel are showing signs of excessive wear (carpet worn down to the pad, grout in bathrooms missing, etc) but still pretty clean for the most part. Drink prices went up since the last 3 times we stayed here, and happy hours were shuffled around and of less value and limited drink options (one of our favorites was the 5-7pm specials at the Lobby Bar before heading out to dinner - sadly doesn't exist anymore). They also implemented a bizarre policy on reserving and renting the beach palapas which was a huge point of contention for pretty much every guest we saw. Sad they took one of the nice features (the beach) and made it into a competitive sport which brings out aggression and anger from the guests. They make a lot more $ renting them to us under this new system, but sad nonetheless. We still give it a just under 4 rating, but our visits in prior years were full 5 stars so it has slipped quite a bit.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"21st Wedding anniversary & Vacation"
This was our very first trip to Aruba and certainly won't be our last. We had an outstanding time. The only thing that had we would do different is to take advantage of the all inclusive.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Tracy
"Great resort!!"
Great hotel excellent location on the beach,24hr pool & jacuzi .Front desk was great we where here for my wife's birthday ,so upon arrival they sent us a free bottle of champagne & cake to the room.They also gave us a free upgrade to a better ocean view. Our only 2 complaints we have are hotel dosent offer 24hr room service so after midnight your out of luck for food. Our second complaint is the restaurant simple fish.The restaurant has beautiful atmosphere it sits on the beach over looking the ocean .Some what of an upscale restaurant $35-40 entrees,white table clothes and candle lit tables. The problem was the service was horrible , which was common theme at all the restaurants in aruba .Also the kitchen was out of 5 things on the menu which is quite interesting considering the menu only has 10 items & most of them are fish. Overall the resort is a great place to stay!
4 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Derell
Had a great time. Beach was awesome. Pools were great. Service is solid. Amenities - gym, restaurants, store, casino are all very good. Great place to go with or without the kids...
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Overall a great experience!"
Overall we had a great experience my wife and I. We stayed there for one week and during that week the hotel staff are very accommodating. The rooms are large and extremely nice with the exception of the air-conditioning units all seem to have a regulated temperature.... even though you set your thermostat at 60° its approximately 72 in the room at all times. The pool area is phenomenal. People who service the bar in pool areas are well-trained as well. Hats off to the manager José who goes out of his way to make sure all his guests are taking care of in that department. The lobby café if you decide to grab a coffee and small sandwich in the a.m. be prepared to wait 30 minutes or more Which I think is a little inconvenient. The atmosphere in the lobby and around the whole hotel is inviting and extremely nice. I would highly recommend this location in this hotel and would definitely utilize it again on our next trip.
7 night trip Oct 3, 2014
kevin
"Nicest Hotel although not the fanciest."
Great vibe, alive, friendly, perfect vacation, best casino in the island, great pool with wet bar! HAd the best vacation so far. Relaxation during the day, day trips available at Concierge, live music and ariba aruba drinks flowing...
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Romana
"a short dream"
totally outstanding
3 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
sammy
"20th Anniversary"
We returned to Aruba for our 20th anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice to stay at the Marriott. The staff was very attentive. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the private balcony had a great view of the ocean. Melinda the front desk manager had some champagne and cheese tray delivered to our room. Was a very nice touch. So thank you Melinda for making our anniversary week special. Will definitely return to the Marriott when we head to Aruba again.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Sheila B.
Perfect beach vacation. Would definitely go back.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Amelia
"Beautiful Hotel, Great Location"
The Marriott hotel is a beautiful and very convenient to everywhere you want to go. We reserved a junior suite and it was absolutely perfect...The view was breathtaking. We were a little upset upon arrival that our room was not ready after a very long travel day, but were very happy when we were shown to our room.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great Loacation"
Loved staying here! The roof was leaking in the lobby during our stay which was a turn off but other than that it is a beautiful property! The staff was helpful and friendly.
4 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Megan
"Beautiful"
Beautiful, clean rooms, attentive staff and great food and beverages. Beach and pool are fantastic but palapa's must be reserved or you're left without any shade. $30 a day to reserve was well worth the investment!!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
mr.
"Nice resort on the beach"
Facility has nice pool area w a separate adult pool area. Easy walk down on the beach. Good restaurant as well.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
MN
"Nice hotel; great facilities, but high room rate"
This is a nice facility; love the pool and the convenience of the food vendors in the lobby. Great access to beach. I think the room rate of $284 a night was too high...it was just a room!
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Caroline
Great hotel and spectacular beach wonderful house keeping was nice and did a grest job her name Anicasia
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
gisp
"Not for a romantic getaway"
We just got back from a 5 night stay. The hotel was fine. Rooms decent, food pretty good. But it was a bit more of a party atmosphere then I was expecting. The pool was very loud with music blaring and the fight to get a good spot on the beach was a little annoying. The staff was very nice though. Overall, it was fine but don't know if I would stay there again. We loved Aruba though and hopefully will be visiting again in the future!
Response by Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Dear Lauren Thank you for taking he time to write your review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am sorry however that your stay did not hit the mark with you. You commented on the music at our family pool, and I am sorry that this was too loud, I will speak with our pool team to make sure the volume levels are correct. If you do chose to stay with us again, you may be interested in trying out our Adult pool, which is on the other side of the beach, and does not have any music playing at all, perfect for a bit of tranquility. Again thank you for your review, and I hope we get the chance to host you again. Matt Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Lauren
"Close to beach & nice pool, average room service"
We were on honey moon and booked ocean view premium room. The location is great and it is really close to the beach. There are a leisure pool and an adult lap pool that are nicely integrated into the environment. Generally the hotel has enough sun chairs and beach towels for guests. I enjoyed nice buffet at La Vista and good seafood meal at Simply Fish. It's pleasant experience to hang out in the hotel facilities. The hotel room is generally comfortable. However, I could only catch a glimpse of the ocean on the right side of my balcony. My room is mostly facing the pool. It's a little disappointment that the ocean view is not as upfront as the room's name suggest. Also, they did not change bath towels for the 4 days that we stayed. I wished they change more frequent so that we don't have to use damp towel that hardly dry fast enough for the next day.
Response by Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Dear Y.M. Thank you for your review of our resort. Although I am disappointed that we let you down in a couple of areas, I do appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to speak with our housekeeping team on the towel issue, as you should receive new towels as often as you want, sorry about that. I will also be sure to pass along your lovely comments to our restaurants team as I know they will be thrilled with you review. You also commented on your room view and I am sorry that this was not what you were expecting. We try to be very transparent with our descriptions, and I will make a point of visiting the room that you stayed in to make sure that it is in the right category. Again thank you for your review and I do hope that we get a chance to host you again. Matt Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Y.M.
"Pallappas!"
The hotel was awesome!! The beach is fantastic, the water is perfect and clear. The hotel amenities are really nice, the pool are cool. The adult pool is nice, but kinda boring, I preferred the other pool. Aruba is small, but from the Marriott to get to the malls and restaurant, you have to go through the beach, which I thought it was great because I love the beach. I wore flip flops the entire time I was there. The Marriott restaurants and really nice and great food, but it can get a little price. Overall great stay and highly recommended!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Gonchi
"Best vacation ever"
The hotel was great. When we checked in, Marielle greeted my fiancé and myself and she was so nice. She got us into our room and it was awesome. The whole week we were there was fantastic. We really had fun and the hotel and staff were excellent. Highly recommended. We will be back.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Nicholas
"Aruba is one of my favorite island."
I love this hotel and aruba. My experience here is always the best, people, food etc...it is the happy island!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
a
"Amazing views and right on the beach"
We had a fantastic stay here. Everyone is friendly, knowledgable, and professional. We had an unbelievable experience!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
august
"Picture perfect!!"
Aruba is by far my favorite island! It's beautiful, safe and the weather is perfect. The Marriott did not disappoint Pros: Location, best in class service from staff, excellent food, clean rooms and grounds Cons: Beds are uncomfortable, securing a chair around the pool, frequently ran out of beach towels, cigarette smell from the casino
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Tonya
"Home away from home! One happy island!:)"
I have stay there many many times but this time they have close the doors to the outside to the streets and if you want to get to the restaurants that are just a short walk away across the street you have to go through the back and all the way to the Holiday Inn to access the restaurant or the mall area, unless you take a taxi in the front that makes no sense!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Very nice facility,right on the water,"
we had a very relaxing vacation. Spent a lot of time at the beach and the 2 pools
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Cary
"Fabulous hotel and staff on one happy island!"
From start to finish the hotel staff pampered my wife and I during our first visit to Aruba. The Tradewinds Club is well worth the extra cost and Erna was a stand out among the staff. They even accommodated our vegetarian requests at the daily buffet. If you want to be treated like family we highly recommend the Tradewinds Club. While on the beach, Hermania will take care of your Palapa reservation, and stop by regularly throughout your beach day with cold water and a surprising slap of a cold towel on your back! She has a charismatic personality and is always makes you laugh with her humor. The hotel was recommended to us by our close friends who have been returning to this hotel several times a year for many years. We will surely stay here in the future.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"The best place ever stayed"
this is the most romantic and the best hotel ever stayed with service clean this and location ray on the beachit is a very beautiful hotel everything you could ever want
5 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Excellent service, plentiful amenities, gorgeous room, perfect location.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great resort!"
Staff was nice and hotel has all the right amenities. I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Cassie
"Excelente!"
The only thin I regret is that is not located next to or in front of the boulevard where Playa Linda is located, yo have to take a taxi to get there. Other than that, the stay was very pleasant.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Angel
It was a nice hotel with nice rooms, lots of amenities, nice casino.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Couple's get away"
We enjoyed our time in Aruba tremendously; the Aruba Marriott - Stelaris Casino was a great place for us to stay. It's a large property with many amenities. Most importantly, it's situated right on the beach. Which is basically along with a tropical drink and some fish tacos, all you really need, right?
B.
"great location"
very nice hotel / great beach dining/very nice pools will certainly stay again!
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
mark
"Fantastic"
Love the place, superb Beach and loved the food...but it can be pricey! best vacation, including the best island I've been to...
travel once a y
"Beautiful, quiet beachfront setting."
We had a wonderful, relaxing vacation at the Marriott. It was easy to fall in love with Aruba. The people and ambiance were warm and easy going. They can't do enough for you. Everyone at the hotel was warm, welcoming and friendly. At check-in we even got upgraded. The hotel staff always smiled and greeted us. We had to call the concierge to fix our backed up toilet and someone came within 10-15 minutes. The rooms were clean and comfy, with some sign of wear. It offered eco-friendly choices.The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Bathrooms offered double sinks. Our room had a beautiful partial ocean view and balcony. The room had closets with bathrobes.There was a private adult pool with bar. Towels were always available for the pools and beach. Although we rented a car, plenty of taxi's waiting to take you anywhere. Free parking is a plus but come the weekend the lot gets full with outside cars.
Vic
"Overall very pleasant stay"
Close to the beach which was great, not alot of room on beach can get very crowded.... Pool was great an they have an adult pool which is nice... And Happy hour is every day 2 for 1 drinks! Great casino and food within resort... Room was perfect... They need to change hallway decor tho.. Outdated
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Good location and wonderful staff."
We stayed here for 6 nights and seven days with family and kids. The service was great and hotel staff were wonderful. Easy access to beach as well.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Nina
"could be a great hotel in Aruba...but falls short."
The hotel is situated and large enough to be an exceptional hotel, however, it falls short of its potential-by way of services that should be 'generous'to its guests.You have to scramble everyday to secure a beach 'shaded palm umbrella' or you can pay for 3 days worth of securing it. Towels are not given generously...if you have 4 people staying in your party...you are only given 4 towels...no more...and further more you are made to feel like your committing a crime if you ask for another towel to use. sitting on wet towels after you swim isn't pleasant! Also...expect a 'maintenance' check of your room at least once a week from 9-4:30pm...and if you object and tell them it is inconvienient...too bad...they do it anyway. Some of the staff is very friendly...others not so much. If you ask the front desk to change a dollar for coins so that you can take a bus...forget it..I was directed to go into the casino to do that. really? While on the beach, only 2 people are working to take orders of drinks & food. They work hard, however, they have a lot of ground to cover...Pool is loud and blaring music all day. Adult pool is the only quiet area.
Response by Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Dear Peter Thank you for your review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and I have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season, but we do restrict the resort Palapas to resort guests only. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with our adult guests. You also mentioned a couple of areas where we failed you, and I will certainly review this feedback with our team. I am sorry that your stay was not as it should be, but please be assured that your feedback will be used to help us improve. Matt Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Aruba was Awesome!"
Aruba is awesome! The Marriott was great: the staff were always so helpful. We did not experience any issues checking in or departing. We couldn't have asked for a better time. Everyone is so friendly.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Eileen
"Beautiful resort and great beach"
I enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino Hotel. The rooms were very nice. My only complaint was that I paid extra for a ocean front room and the room overlooked the pool with the ocean on the side. However, the hotel did move us to a beach front room the following day. I suggest a better definition be given for what constitutes a beach front room. The first room was really a partial ocean front room. The beach was absolutely famous. The water was very calm and beautiful. My only complaint is you had to get in line at 6:30 AM in order to reserve a beach umbrella unless you wanted to pay for it the previous day. Getting up very early is difficult on vacation.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Cece
"Great staff!"
Melinda the manager at the front desk was extremely helpful and made a huge difference in our stay. Otherwise, this hotel is great with the exception that you have to rent the huts on the beach the day before or at 7:00am the day of and it needed more activities or entertainment and restaurants. It's also a must do all inclusive. The food's excellent but expensive so get all inclusive even if your eating dinner other places.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Love the beach"
Plenty of water sports, beautiful beach shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Love, love, loved it.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Best vacation ever!"
Aruba is simply amazing. The weather, food, staff, entertainment was simply awesome. I wish the swim up bar was on the adult pool side was my only small complaint. Simply fish was my favorite dining experience. We enjoyed the comedy show. We will return to Aruba. We celebrated honeymoon number 5!
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
TAMI
"Nothing to rage about!"
Nice hotel however, don't expect anyone from the staff to be waiting outside to take your bags. No one to great you or even to help you as you leave. The beach had a lot of plastic cups sunk to the floor. We kept taking some out and putting them on the sand. Told one of the staff members who said he knows and walked away without picking up the ones we had taken out. They did not take out beach lounge chairs for us. You must ask them to do something or they will pretend to be busy.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Right on Palm beach, close to Eagle Beach"
Hotel is right on Palm Beach and just a couple of miles away from Eagle Beach on one Side and Boca Catalina on the other. Eagle Beach is much quieter than Palm beach if you want a relaxed day at the beach. Boca Catalina is a must do if you like snorkeling.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Jay
"Awesome Hotel with Great Service!!"
Great room. Ocean front junior suite. Had awesome View of the beautiful Ocean!! Staff professional and always kind. Can't Wait to Go Back!!!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
marsha
"Perfectly Located"
Perfectly located within the strip of other hotels. Offered something for everyone ~ Adult area pool as well as a family pool area. Every staff member was pleasant, cheerful and courteous.
Sue
"Home Away From Home"
Highly recommend! All staff members were very friendly and helpful. Our family has stayed here twice and looking forward to returning next summer.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Missey
Great beach, relaxing adult pool, delicious restaurants. Awesome place to stay!
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Wonderful!"
Overall, a great resort with great amenities and restaurant options. The beach is pristine and offers many conveniences such as your own hut and lounge chairs for enjoying the shade. There are also a variety of watersports easily accessable from the beach. A great time was had by all!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Did Not Measure-up"
Comparing it to the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort in Nassau, Bahamas, one amenity Mariott did not measure up was evening entertainment. One example is the Sheraton played a movie on a projection screen by the pool and the evening entertainment at the Mariott was almost non-existent. Aside from that it was a nice experience but I would be more likely to explore other destinations before returning.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014