All hotels in Wilson, North Carolina, United States of America
1815 US Highway 301 South, Wilson, NC, 27893, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Comfortable
    Service is poor
    Room is not nice
"Disappointing"
Room had foul odor coming out of air condition, refrigerator was none functioning and electric needs checking (lights were flashing on and off). carpet smell bad. They need to update the television to High Definition television. And a little more water pressure on the water want break them. When I got to the Motel they had no record of my room reservations I made with expedia. Today when I checked my bank account I saw that I was over charged. They overcharged me approx. thirty dollars more than what I was quoted when I made my reservation. If you can't post my review which was my personal experience why ask me to write one.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Poor very poor"
I will never if I had a choice stay here again this hotel is a disgrace it was a waste of our 136 dollars
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
nit
"Cheap"
Room had a musty smell, but other than that, it was just your average low budget room
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Cameron
"HORRIBLE PLACE"
The customer service was HORRIBLE there was mold in the shower bd tub, the tiwels was dengy ill NEVER go back there nd wouldnt reccomend it tuh my worst enemy!!!!
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Economial"
Clean room, terrible mattress, TV worked, sink would not drain.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Clean , affordable and convenient hotel. Excellent"
Hotel staff are friendly, good service I will definitely stay here again
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Customer Service"
The front desk clerk was very non chalant acting. Asked her about the reservation and she was rude about it.Then they called the next morning asking are you going to check out or stay before check out time. Very unprofessional.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Tee
"Good discount hotel"
If you want the Ritz keep looking, if you are on a budget this is what you want.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
The bed was wonderful. The only concern were the burn marks on the bathtub and the stairs look unsafe. The caution/cuidado signs were very visible. The microwave and refrigerator were extremely clean. The price was very affordable. My stay was very relaxing.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Need Some Peace
"Errily vacant"
I asked for the cheapest room around and paid 70 bucks including taxes. If you are just looking for a pillow then this is the place for you but I would recommend shelling out a little more for a nicer place. The bathroom was a little funky but the rest of the room was clean. Bring your own shampoo, soap etc. The towels are a joke.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"No comment"
Room 200...air did not work. Was hot and nobody was able to sleep
Other trip May 19, 2014
unlucky
"Nice hotel if you have financial constraints."
My next door neighbors woke me up with loud talking at approximately 1:00 am and they talked loudly for hours. The water ran loudly intermittently in the bathroom commode. Yet, the room was clean and the staff was nice. Finally, the person at the front apologized for the loud noise from my neighbors.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Harold
"Not so great"
This hotel was very run down a way from the hwy! Not what we expected but you get what you pay for I guess.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
"Crappy Hotel"
No one to greet us when we got there, and we had to wait 15 minutes before anyone came to help us. The steps going up to our room were all crumbling and the metal was all rusted. There were 3 flat pillows on the bed, no clock, no shampoo, no coffee maker and only one small bar of soap. It was a total waste of $60. Next time, we'll just camp.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Its ok for a 12 hour stay............"
We checked in before our ECU game so that we didn't have to check in at midnight. Check-in was quick - not sure if the person spoke english or not as she didn't have much to say.....
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Ok for one night on the road."
No coffee in the room or in the lobby area. Woman at the desk was very unfriendly, no eye contact, no smile. We felt as though we were disturbing her when we checked in and that we woke her up when we left.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Okay for the price"
Room wasnt bad, served its purpose for the price. Staff was very rude in the morning arguing with us about how much ice we took from the machine. Otherwise wasnt bad.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2013
Lindsay
The place was a dump for the money spent. Smelled bad. No Hotel amenities at all. I would never go back to this Hotel.
6 night business trip Jun 28, 2013
"what I expected"
I stayes in this building in 1983 when it wass the Holiday Inn. Not much has changed. It was affordable, the cable worked and I slept well. No hassles.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Roadtripper
"Just Awful"
This place is like a dump. There was urine in the hallway. The room was yucky. It smelled, the carpet was gross. The bathroom and fixtures were old where you could see the rust formation. The other guests were not the friendliest of people. They seemed to be more like people that lived there. There was a big part of the hotel that was closed or more like condemned. I would definitely not go there again nor recommend this place to anyone.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
Sandra

"comfortable,, but shabby"
The hotel was about 10 minutes from the Interstate in a depressed, but quiet neighborhood. In general the hotel was tired and shabby, but room was relatively clean, beds were comfortable and had a fridge and microwave, plus free Wi-Fi. Not sure we'd stay there again.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
3 night trip Aug 9, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

"Go elsewhere"
08/08/15 apriltrogdon Linwood, North Carolina
Really bad motel. Fighting, prostitutes, people walking around outside. We were afraid to leave our vehicles outside and left for a much, much nicer and cheaper quality inn. Luckily the manager didn't charge us for the night due to the fact there was an ambulance in the parking lot because of people fighting.
"Worst Experience Ever!!"
05/25/15 Sandy N Red Springs, North Carolina
Did not get the room we paid for- we booked and paid for the rooms online- I booked a king non-smoking room as well as a double non-smoking; when I called the hotel directly to let the hotel know that we would be arriving late I went over my room order just to be told they did not actually have a king non-smoking room available, booking agent said they had 3, told hotel spokesperson that we would take a non-smoking room, such as a queen but she said it could not be changed at all; no one had authority to change this, on either end; terrible customer service at the America's Best Value Inn in Wilson, NC, USA (Janice)-rude, not willing to try and find any solutions to the problem that was between the booking agent and the hotel therefore customer suffers the consequences of their poor information and lack of proper communication.....ok so at 3am my husband goes into the America's Best Value in Wilson to get our keys. The clerk was kind enough to make sure our two rooms were side by side, double rooms, non-smoking. Thank you to the clerk. Now, we enter our room.. we pull back the very worn blanket and find bugs.....we remove the bugs and check the rest of the bed for more.....we check the other bed and decide it may work.......could barely sleep worrying that we would be taking bugs home with us.....we get to bed around 4am, get a call from the office that our room had not been paid for, my husband was barely awake, our plan was to wake up at 10 to continue our road journey, anyway, the hotel charged us $50.00 on our credit card....we asked the clerk they said they did not know what it was for......we had to present them with our bill to show we had paid for our rooms. We would not leave until they credited our account the $50.00. Awful experience.......I have learned my lesson that you never book a room with this hotel chain....I did not feel safe there, our money was not safe, we were not safe there!
"kindness beyond call of duty"
02/17/15 PatnNate Baltimore County , Md
We spent a night at this ABVInn (Wilson, NC ) after a long days drive from MD. The property is not extravagant but certainly cleaner than most budget lodging. Office staff was prompt, efficient, and friendly. BUT that is not what makes this an outstanding location. After a wonderful nights sleep in a very clean room, we checked out to continue our trip. After reaching home, my wife realized that she had left her tablet pc in the room. We contacted the office and informed them of our loss. My wife was told that one of the staff had already retrieved the tablet and had given to the Mr. Patel, the manager. It was delivered to us within 2 days of our notification. Often this circumstance would lead to a ' sorry we didn't find anything in the room'. We are so grateful that the staff and management were both honest and accommodating. We will certainly stay there when our travels take us to Wilson NC.
"How bad can it really be?"
03/28/14 shannonjerry
I would say really be. First of all, my family and I came in late at night and there was drug dealing all in the back of the building. The owner's didn't really even seem to care. Secondly, there junk is old and falling apart so you're better off sleeping in your car. Not only that the owners are extremely greedy. Check out was not until 11am and they called us at 10am saying we had to bring them the key right then or they were going to charge us for another night. So my advice don't stay there.
"It wasn't horrible"
07/10/12 TKrobath South Riding, Virginia
We were desparate and made the traveler's biggest mistake - traveling on I-95 without a hotel reservation! They allow you 15 minutes after check in to go check out the room and change your mind. The room was clean and that's what mattered. We were there less than 10 hours. While it served our need, we won't stop there again.
"Good value for a brief stay"
09/06/11 suzielocust virginia
Stopped there late one night. its a little off the interstate but advertised a good rate. We were not expecting much but found a nice clean cool room that fit our needs perfectlly for the night. We felt safe, the bed was clean and comfortable and isnt that whats its all about. If you want a pool and a lot of luxuries this isnt for you but if you want the basics at a good price this is fine.
"Mediocre"
07/23/11 Roadie78 Charlotte, North Carolina
The only review for this hotel is 5 years old, so it's certainly time for an update. I stayed here 2 nights and found everything to be about average. The management definitely hasn't gone out of their way to make the place attractive. The guy at the front desk was not friendly. My room was clean, and the TV got 30 channels and one movie channel. The wireless Internet signal was so weak it wouldn't connect in my room, so I had to take my laptop to the lobby to get on the web. There are no restaurants nearby.
"Bugs in Sheets, Bathroom horrible"
10/10/06 mfppromotions2 Florida
Our employees checked into this hotel for a week. The first problem, there were small bugs in the sheets in one of the rooms. The other room, the employee had to go to the drug store to buy cleaning supplies because the bathrooms were so filthy. Then when we tried to check out early to move our employees, the manager told us that the weekly rate was non-refundable. That was the first time I heard that, at no time in the reservation process did any of the hotel employees tell me that it was non-refundable.