All hotels in Cologne, Germany
Tiefentalstr. 72, Cologne, NW, 51063, Germany, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Ok for the price"
Stayed only one night. The room temperature could not be controlled, I don't think the air conditioning/heating system worked properly. We had to open the windows to sleep comfortably, but there was also street noise to deal with. The rooms are very small. The bathroom would have been fine if the urine smell didn't migrate to the sleeping area. I have smelled the same unappealing scent in 3rd world countries where climates are humid. We had to keep to bathroom door closed at all times to contain the smell. Breakfast left much to be desired, very minimal. That maybe the typical European menu for breakfast though. But, for the price of $100 for a family of 4 for one night in Europe, we got what we paid for.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Grace
"A perfect inexpensive hotel solution in Cologne."
The Holiday Inn Express was perfect for us as we arrived late and left early. The staff was incredibly efficient and helpful the moment we walked through the door and the cleanliness of the room and lobby were impeccable.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
I stay with my husband and our 2 childeren (10 and 16). The room was clean but small. It is a great hotel if you are visiting Phantasialand combined with a day of shopping in Koln. The hotel is on a fairly busy road, I have not experienced as unpleasant, it's just what you're used to. Parking on their land costs € 8.00 per 24 hours, but for the hotel and the parking lot of McDonald's (right next to the hotel) it's free. Breakfast was not much special, but enough for a breakfast. The services of staff was very friendly and helpful. If I want to bring a visit again to Koln in the future I would choose this hotel again!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Great service at good price...very close to a train stop and super market !!!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Staff was excellent very friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2014
Seemed over priced for the third adult in our room. 60€ for a towel and sofa bed seems a bit high. While appreciated, the buffet breakfast was a bit sparse. There was no hot food in the breakfast.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"It was average with some noise"
It was average. 1 of the 3 days the breakfast was so over crowded we couldn't even sit down. Mostly the rooms are in the front where the road is, so you can't leave the window open. If you can I'd get a room in the back. Bed and bathroom fine though I hate a cloth shower curtain v. glass b/c it makes the bathroom smell musty. Nothing to do right there but you can drive into town. No room service but there is a McDonald's right next door.
3 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"The worst hotel I have ever stayed in"
The staff were rude. The break fast was very basic and not being refilled often. The rooms were small and old. The shower doesn't have a door. It has curtain. They charge you for outdoor parking without giving you a ticket or letting you know about the charge upon check in. I have stayed at least in 300 hotels over 1000 nights in last ten years. I have never participated in a survey before. I am doing this one, because I am upset with the way I was dealt with at the check out regarding parking.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
abdul
"Small and nice Hotel,"
Excelent hotel, nice and clean rooms, good breakfast and very good coffee station. Walking 15 minutes you can take the Colonge train line 3 or 4. Next to the Hotel has a gas station and a Mc Donals restaurant. It's near to the exit to the freeway to dusseldorf.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
jerry
"Close to everything, but far away from crowds"
Close to everything, but far away from crowded streets. Late breakfast was nice, but could've used more "hot" items. The area could be considered shady, but crime is low in germany so wasn't worried.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
family
For the price we paid, this was an excellent stay.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Trips
"Not bad!"
The hotel was in a very good location, close to public transportation, supermarkets and small restaurants. The room was a bit small but space efficient, clean and well kept. There was no tv in English, only German. Front desk staff was ok, some tried to help but others didn't care much. They didn't really make me feel welcome at the hotel. The breakfast was good, nothing fancy but with basic varieties: bread, cold cuts, yogurt, coffee, eggs and some fruit. It was ok to sleep, shower and then go out. If you need info about the city and surroundings you better try getting to the Main station (cathedral) and look for the tourist board; in there they will be able to help you with places to visit, suggestions and transportation using good clear English. Not a bad hotel at all!
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2013
Stefania
"Good place"
Location ok ... good place to stay because it is clean, has a great open lobby to sit. Complimentary breakfast excellent. Front desk staff helpful and kind.
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Surprise at the end"
With some little things I wasn't so happy, as I felt to be nickeled here and there, but I thought I booked my hotel one night more than I actually did, therefore checked out very late (5 pm) and the hotel has been very cool about it. Thanks, I appreciate (and apologize for my mistake!)!
3 night trip Apr 8, 2013
ankra
"Very comfortable stay"
We were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel, as well as the included breakfast and easiness of parking. We were given incorrect directions to a close restaurant by the front desk attendant, but enjoyed our stay very much overall.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Cologne Muelheim
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at our Holiday Inn Express Cologne Mülheim. We have forwarded your comments to our department heads. We rate guest comments as a very positive opportunity. Once again thank you for your comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you again when you visit Cologne the next time. Kind Regards Mark van Coppenolle
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2012
"Excellent hotel"
This hotel exceeded my expectations and I had a very pleasant 6-day stay there for 6 days. The room was spotlessly clean, with a comfortable layout and seemingly brand new interior. Service is excellent, breakfast in the morning is simple but good with fresh bread, meats, cheese, great coffee, juice etc. From the hotel to the Koelner Messe convention center or to downtown is a short drive, and the parking at the hotel is very reasonable at €5/night. Close to the hotel is a nice pub "Das Brauhaus" where they have excellent food, great service and great beer. I would stay at this hotel again next time in Cologne/Koln.
6 night business trip Oct 1, 2012
Ritzo

"My two days stay"
No free packing. They charged 8 euro per night for the car park. If you are lucky, you might find an unused spot along the building length. Here you don't need to pay. As regards breakfast, don't bother including it. The first day, there was nothing to eat, maybe due to too many people. I just had bread and juice. The second day, I didn't bother going for breakfast. There is MacDonald next to the building. There is a filling station (three minutes walk) where you can buy things also. Other than these, no issues with the hotel. Good wifi. It is a popular hotel. There we loads of youth footballers when I was there. The place is lively.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Jude
"Pickpocketing"
My purse was stolen at breakfast in Hotel Restaurant. Police explained that this is a high-risk neighbourhood of Köln. Hotel staff did nothing to help me. Hotel doors are open to everybody who wants to come in. And they all (staff & the thieves) are aware of this.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Darja
"Reliably comfortable."
Easy parking and access from Route 3 which was a priority for us. Hotel room was small but efficient and comfortable. The breakfast was the only disappointment with many photos of croissants but none actually there, otherwise a standard cold buffet. The wifi was free in the rooms but a weak signal.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Megan
Nice stay.. Beds were too soft for me. Free WiFi.. Walkable distance to metro or bus. Decent breakfast..
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Mr"
Very pur hotel
2 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
miran
"Good wheelchair accessible room"
Wheelchair accessible room was big well set out, though room door was quiet heavy, but I guess that is unavoidable to minimise noise from hallway. Helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was good but not outstanding. Nothing special in the neighbourhood, though after a long drive the macD next door was handy. Overall it is a very good value for money hotel, not outstanding but more than adequate for a day or two.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
Cornelia Sonja
"Decent Hotel"
A value for money hotel. no extra frills.Compact rooms. Decent breakfast.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
chirag
Great place to stay. Not to far from the center.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
chrales
"holiday inn express"
Fine for a stay over but few local restaurants. Need to use public transport or a car to access the city
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Good value for money"
Usual high standard you would expect from Holiday Inn Express .Room was spotlessly clean ,and cleaned every day .Breakfast was adequate and plentiful ,the waitress kept restocking it .Very quiet although busy .Handy for autobahn and local transport links to town centre too.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Recomend"
Very good staff, very kind people, pleased to help you. Room very clean and how I stayed in the front of the hotel, a little bit of noise of the road, but nothing that closing the window did not solve. Internet a little bit slow.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
Thiago
"Nice business hotel for a short stay"
Hotel is nice and clean. Staff is very helpful and well informed however breakfast spread for vegetarians has very limited options.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"great breakfast"
Wonderful breakfast, lovely staff, friendly atmosphere, clean rooms
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Good option for trade show"
Staying for trade show, so need car to/from, good value, nearby suburban German restaurants.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
campbell
"Nice, functional hotel"
The hotel was great. Clean, good breakfast and the beds were comfortable. We were there to see a Leverkeusen game. Elevator is painfully slow, but that is a minor quibble.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Jeremy S
"Great value"
We only needed a one night stay in Cologne to see a gig, and this hotel was spot on. Our experience was efficient, clean and comfortable. The only down side was that it was a bit noisy outside late at night, but then it is near a main road and McDo's, so only to be expected. It didn't stop me sleeping!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Daphne
"clran place if dont care a little far from the cit"
clean comgort. but a little far to the city and metro station.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Nice hotel, far from centre"
The staff were very efficient and welcoming. The room itself was clean and had air conditioning to keep it comfortable. The range of channels on the TV was excellent and makes a change from watching news all the time! The facilities were well stocked and adequate. The breakfast was good but lacked croissants and pastries. There should have been more variety. The hotel was good but about an hour and a halfs walk from the centre and public transport is necessary!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Jerome
"Good value, no frills."
To be honest, we were hardly in the hotel. We arrived late at night and were lucky enough to find a free parking space right outside the hotel. Breakfast was better than expected after reading other reviews. All in all, for our requirements, just to have a bed for the night, a quick breakfast the following morning, plus free parking for the day, we were perfectly satisfied.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Cologne Muelheim
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your positive review. We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments and I will forward it to my Staff. We look forward to welcome you in our hotel, when you visit Cologne-Troisdorf next time. Best regards M. van Coppenolle General Manager
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
S
"we love it"
we have stayed here several times, good location near by shops, pool is great. even more breakfast than our kids could eat. large family room
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
all of us
"Weekend in Cologne"
A good hotel but not easy to get into central Cologne unless you have a car. It was walk then both tram and train to get into Cologne. The car parking was free if you arrived early but cost eight Euros to put it into an open car park with a barrier if the free spaces were taken. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and breakfast was typical continental but good quality.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Ian
"Ok"
Hotel staff were hit and miss in terms of pleasantries. Also location wasn't great in terms of metro to city centre.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
"Outdated decor and condition"
Of all the holiday inn We stayed at this was the most run down condition of the rooms. Maybe the others we stayed were brand new properties but in comparison the rooms were also smaller and for the reputation of holiday in the rooms need updating. The wifi was only in the common area of the restaurant and not in the room and also it was extremely slow so most of the browsing was impossible. Location of the hotel was reasonable.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
M Mehra
"Convenient and good hotel for one night stay."
I needed a hotel close to business appointment. I know Holiday Inn Express is a reliable choice. It proved to be so. I had everything I needed albeit with a Spartan feel.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Great Hotel..... Staff were Amazing"
Just got back party of eight.. Hotel bit out of town but not always a bad thing. Very clean and rooms had everything you needed. Staff very friendly and really helpful
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Kev
"I did enjoy myself"
I did have a good time
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
francoise
"Great Service"
Hotel offered great service - people at reception very friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2013
"Great value for money"
Great value for a family room - very good breakfast and friendly service. Tram stop not far so it was ideal as a base for our whistle stop tour of Cologne. A little hot in the hotel but fine with air-con in the rooms. Not much room for a family if you need to spend a great deal of time in the room, but ideal if just there to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
Paine
"Condition & facilities of the room"
The room was too small and there was no air conditioning in the room. It was really warm inside the room. We had to settle for a smoking room on the first day of the stay with an infant. The room was suffocating with cigarette smell. The room was booked one month in advance. The hotel is way below the Normal holiday inn standards.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Nice hotel, bad location"
The hotel is very nice, great morning breakfast and comfortable room. The location however is appalling. If you are wanting to go into the centre of cologne and do shopping, see the cathedral etc, then this hotel is not for you. it is a 20 minute walk to the tram service and then 30 mins on that to get there. Also there are no restaurants near the hotel, besides Mc Donalds, so eat before you go back.
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
Typical family
"Nice, Clean Hotel"
Stayed one night before the nurburgring F1 race, 4 of us, 3 kids, 2 double beds, didn't have singles for 4 people. Staff were friendly and spoke English, hotel was clean, breakfast was good. Had to pay 5 Euros for the overnight parking which was not mentioned obviously, not bad but I figured it would have been included. Would definetly stay here again. It's about 1 hour 15 min drive to the nurburgring. The Macdonalds next door was a blessing as we arrived very late and was handy that we could just get food within 50 yards.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"A value hotel for short or business travelers"
A business hotel would be a better description with its lounge, dining (with free wifi), large parking garage, next to Mac/major highway exit/gas station. Only downside was the 15mins walking distance to nearest supermart anf S train station.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2013
Marc
SG
"Fresh and new -- very comfortable"
It's what you expect at a Holiday Inn Express, not luxurious but more than adequate and comfortable room at a reasonable price. You are not paying for lots of amenities that you never use. Breakfast buffet very good. Staff are competent and friendly.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Mia
"overall ok"
breakfast timings on weekends is upto 11:30am, which is good. The walk to the nearest U-bahn station is about 15 mins and it looked like a council area. Overall the hotel is good.
1 night family trip May 25, 2013