All hotels in Kahului, Hawaii, United States of America
170 Kaahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI, 96732, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fits the bill for short stay"
We stay here for one night yearly to avoid late nite travel from airport to condo near Kaanapali. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. Buffet breakfast is great. Room was clean and tidy and more than adequate. Wi-fi worked like a charm.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Big Red
Came to Maui for Willie K BBQ Bluesfest, arrived earlier than what hotel allows for checkin - BUT they found us a room anyway so we could get ready and be on our way. We waited about 15 minutes for them to find us a nice, clean room. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
D
"Good, not great"
We checked in and when I booked my stay I booked it with a king size bed. This was not the case apparently and was not the staff at the hotel's fault and they were quite quick to let me know that. They were completely booked out and were unable to get me into a different room even though I showed them my reservation with Expedia. We go to the room and it was an average hotel room. There wasn't anything special about it but it did have a great view of the ocean and was 2 miles from the airport. For us this hotel actually worked out great. We wanted to really see the island and hit a lot of different spots. Because the hotel's location was so great we didn't have to drive as far to each spot. We didn't spend a lot of time during the day in the hotel room so just sleeping in a smaller hotel room worked out fine for us. We really liked just sleeping with the windows open listening to the ocean and so that was really great. We also went and stayed at another resort like hotel for a couple days while we were there and although it was really nice and the pool was great it would have taken more time for us to drive around and see sights so things worked out really well for us.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Ammon
"Roof top pool"
Free shuttle to the airport. Roof top pool and decent room. Wasn't the best hotel but it's not the worst.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
james
"Decent Hotel"
First the good news... The staff at Maui Beach Hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The shuttle service to and from the airport was quick and convenient. The rooms were clean (except the ant issue). Now the bad news. It's terribly pricey for what you get. We could not log onto the internet (we were supposed to get a permission screen to allow access, but it never happened on any of our devices). We had ants in the room that attacked our food. And despite spending $250 a night there, they wanted another $12.50 (each person) for the continental breakfast. Really?
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Clean, comfortable and close to beach with good staff. Unlimited free DVDs for movies and PS3 games.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Manish
"it's only ok to stay for a few nights"
We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights but different times, 1, 1 and 3 nights. Rooms were clean in all 3 times. Sheets are clean and bath also. So cleanness is 5 out of 5. But the second time we went there, the rooms smells so bad (actually the whole corridor); it smells like garbage! two of the people who work there are really mean and rude. We went there at 2 pm which is sooner that check in time (which is 3 pm), so they asked us to wait..we wait in the lobby till 3 and then asked to check in but they told us room is not available and didn't tell us how much more we should wait..they just told us go and wait..we waited for another 30 minutes and again asked them to check in and they were so mad at us and finally gave us the worst room with garbage smell. So be aware of their bad management! Also in hot season they charge you for $10 a day + tax. this $10 is for coffee they should put in your room, wireless which is not working in your room (only lobby) and renting DVD (which wont be needed in Maui!!! you're always out) So prepare yourself to pay more It's so close to beach and reasonably close to Walgreens and Walmart, shopping center, Starbucks...Also so close to needle (iao valley). the mountain view is awesome. parking is not free ($5 per night) It's an old hotel, don't forget!
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
"okay for the price but....."
Shuttle stops at 9:00. My plane came in at 10:00. Advertised wired and wireless Internet. But no, only open non secured wireless. Pool has limited hours. And no bar or restaurant. Beach is smallest in maui. But hey, I saved a buck !
3 night business trip Dec 20, 2014
patricia
"Fine but not Fancy"
We stayed here just one night before heading to Hana for a few days. I liked how close it was to a shopping center In one direction and Whole Foods/ Long's Drugstore in the other. Room was clean but I didn't like the mini size bathtub.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Jill
"Excellent choice of Mall convenience"
I enjoyed the breakfast Buffett and the distance to the mall.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Billie
"AK traveler"
A stop after a long day of air travel before going on to vacation condo. Comfortable, clean room with VERY pleasant staff
1 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
kristine
"Very musty, hole in bottom door for critters to ui"
Very musty, hole in bottom door for critters to get in. not clean
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"I enjoyed my stay at this hotel."
I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel it was close by the local transportation I could walk to .
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Willie
"nice location near almost everthing"
real easy to find plenty of parking. quick check in the ocean was right there
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
JOHNNY
"Not recommended for long stay."
The room looks nothing like the photos. Other than the location, this place has nothing to offer. No MW in room. Beds are not true queen size (more like a full) and are uncomfortable springs. Not enough for a couple to sleep on. Restaraunt an bar are rarely open too.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
slayman
"Nice hotel for price"
Loved my room on second floor with balcony where I drank my coffee and listened to the waves each morning looking at the clean beautiful grounds inside the courtyard. Friendly employees throughout hotel, clean hotel rooms with a little upgrading in process. Husband walked to his job every day, mall shopping across street and other shopping and restaurants close by. Beautiful view all around hotel.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
debrah
Excellent service, beautiful view. Tired building, but I would definitely return.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
"Good for rest and shopping in Maui"
Great location to big shopping mall including Macy's and Sears. But the hotel doesn't provide entertainment or food itself. It is not recommendable for night hang-out. But good for rest.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Wonkeun
"best place for good money"
It was a good stay convenient to the mall
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Miles
"Did not like this hotel very much"
We were not told prior to checking in that you HAVE to pay $10 daily for play station and movies and wifi etc. Who goes to Maui to stay in their hotel and do these things. NOBODY! The room has a stuffy musty smell. NEEDS renovations. Altho it is close to a lot of other places, we will spend a little more money to stay at a nicer hotel.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Kamacho
"utter disappointment"
Outdated power cable, neglected for maintenance. Had to call them twice about this during our stay. Unfriendly and impatient staffs. It seemed that they were all under-paid and got little motivations of improving service. For scoring service above, I wished there were a choice of even lower one as that would be more applicable.
3 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
We were told breakfast included and after checking in were told not free. $12.oo plus charge to eat. Not fare and I would never recommend to anyone. Old and in bad area. Also added a parking fee we weren't told in advance. I feel we deserve a discount someway, may not use Expedia again!!!
"Good hotel could use some updating"
We enjoyed our stay--staff were friendly and mostly helpful; breakfast buffet really good; buffet dinner on Sat. eve. was outstanding. Showers good, lots of hot water, use of liquid soap excellent. Pool was good but no evening hours available. Location was excellent for getting to area attractions. Beds comfortable. Cleaning staff seemed to do a good job. Downside: Hallway carpets poor, bathroom floors (sticky and always looked dirty) and fixtures (caulking, sinks, etc). not good. Towels somewhat skimpy and we were supposed to use them for our swimming as well; no signs about saving environment by using fewer towels, changing sheets less, etc. Lighting in the rooms could be better. Maui Beach a misnomer, as there was no good swimming beach at the back of the hotel, just rocks. Hard to make a reservation for extra days over the phone; I had to call back 4 times to get booking-- 1st call was made during hurricane threat; was promised return call but never heard; 2 more calls got same result; finally got through to the manager who could add days on to my Road Scholar program, but finally booked through much cheaper Expedia.
Bonnie
"Close to the airport."
We were surprised by the "amenities tax" - aren't amenities how hotels market themselves, and are included in the cost of lodging? Amenities did not include breakfast. A fine place for a night prior to airport departure.
"Convenient"
Great location for surrounding towns, restaurants, shopping, tours. Great price.
Sandy
"Will get you by for a night."
After a 5 hour flight we drove 3 miles to sleep and get prepared for the big day coming up. If you need a no frills place to just crash, this is it. The staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Need a facelift"
Old motel and needs upgrading. Location was ok near airport and overlooking the bay. Pool in the wrong spot. Pam at the breakfast buffet was incredible and the best tour guide for Maui and it's best restaurants.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"This place stunk"
Roaches in room and unexpected resort fees. Dirty pool.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Yvonne
"An old, tired place."
The hotel was a bit cold and non caring, I felt. The breakfast was overpriced and not very good as was the Saturday night Bistro. The place was like Fort Knox and there were hairs in the bathroom which were not mine. In Maui you definitely need a car. Apart from being near the airport the beach and pool were only so-so. The only plus was being so near the biggest shopping mall on Maui. Maui is a beautiful island and I want to go back and explore some more but I will not be staying at the Maui Beach Hotel. It is a bit rundown and needs an upgrade.
4 night trip Nov 8, 2014
vanessa
The staff was so nice. The shuttle to and from the airport is a bonus.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Budget Hotel - Great for Locals"
With the escalation in hotel room rates on Maui, there are few better places that are still affordable than this hotel. They cater to local travelers and do a good job of it. The only down side is that they have a hidden charge "convenience fee" of $10 which they assess on each room and spring on you when you check in. They should just be transparent and include it in the room rate. The WIFI in the rooms is awfully slow but the room was clean and the bed comfortable.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Colin
"Not worth it. Maybe at $60/night."
Overpriced!! For starters, The hotel staff were arguing with each other, right at the front desk. It didnt stop when i approached. The room key cards randomly worked and the staff were irritated about fixing it. The breakfast and dinner buffets were overpriced. The actual room we had was small and faced a major thoroughfare, so headlights and the constant hum of cars/trucks was a major inconvenience when trying to sleep. The TV had lousy connectivity and kept losing signal or had gray squares blipping all over the screen.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Kirsti
"Close to Airport and ok bed, but has bugs"
We asked for quiet room but our outdated AC was very noisy and we were placed by a busy exit door. While in the bathroom we met up with a cockroach type bug and smaller bugs as well. When I then wiped the floor up, the tissue came up very black; the floor was not clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable. In the morning our room cards stopped working an hour before check out and when I pointed this out to the desk clerk at check out time, she mistakenly thought I wanted the card activated again for the last 1/2 hr. When I said I didn't, and that I was just letting her know, she seemed upset with me because she'd gone to the trouble of activating. I said "I'm Sorry." But then realized she should be saying that to me!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Louie
"Ambushed by Undisclosed Fees"
When I checked in I was told there was a mandatory daily "convenience fee" of $10 that Expedia did not identify. For a low cost hotel, what is essentially a 10% additional charge upon check-in is an unwelcome start to a stay at the property.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Colin
We enjoyed ourselves at the Maui beach hotel. We thank you for everything.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Happy, Happy"
Very Nice
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great for an overnight, close to the airport."
Clean and close to the mall. Great as a resting spot as you explore Maui. I was just there for an overnight, so quite adequate.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
Ryan
"Maui Beach Hotel rating"
hotel staff is very nice. the rooms are non-smoking but they smelled very much like smoke. there was no coffee anywhere in our hotel we had to go next door. The room itself was clean. hallway carpets were very dirty.
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Jay
"Not bad,"
Not bad, jist need own coffee makers in the room for the guess, and have more stuff gor the bathroom too, like toothpaste and extra simple toothbrushes, and soap/body wash.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
lopaka hera
"Quality of property"
Beautiful views! Very, very tried property.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
mark
"Disappointing"
The hotel was not full and I asked for a room with a garden view and more quiet, the front desk said no. There was hair in the bathroom when I arrived. I sprayed with Lysol. I asked for a cart to take my things up two flights, front desk just glared at me finally I saw the shuttle driver and asked him he said he was busy, then turned into the closet and got it for me. Travelling alone it would be too much to handle. I was staying 8 nights. Tattered towels and carpetry in room and hallways. Arrival, wanted to know where to go for breakfast or dinner, no answer so I drove around until I spotted one. Since I went to a seminar for 3 days and wanted to revisit the island, I remember more Aloha service this time. Can not recommend. Since I paid in advance. Wish Expedia rated the place before I went. My room was over 2 roads with 2 lanes each and high traffic.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"worst experience ever"
i love maui and this was my 5th or 6th visit....and this hotel is the worst! bed bugs on my bed, cockroach outside our door, stains and dirty towels, carpet, and pillows. don't stay here
4 night trip Sep 6, 2014
joy
"Close to airport"
Reasonalble rates good service to & from the airport
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
The hotel itself was fine, but when I checked in they charged me another $15 hotel fee. This is in addition to the one fees added on when I booked online. I was not thrilled.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Joel
"The hotel was nice but the parking was poor."
Staff were nice but the parking was bad due to a nightclub in the hotel. Beds were comfortable and bath was okay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Small room, next to beach;"
No queen size beds or coffee pots. Pool closes at 5pm.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
linda
"Friendly service"
Close to airport and the hotel provides a shuttle service
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"waiting for plane"
generally good. no restaurant for diner in hotel, tried to get ride back from rental car drop off but manager did not know telephone number to front desk. walked 2.5 miles from drop off. Good thing I am used to walking
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Close to restaurants, food trucks"
Excellent service. Earleen at the reception desk was friendly and knowledgeable.
4 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Kwong
room was very clean and quiet but i didn't like swimming pool closed 5:00pm and they charged parking fee.
7 night business trip Aug 25, 2014