All hotels in Kahului, Hawaii, United States of America
170 Kaahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI, 96732, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A hotel of convenience"
We had to stay one extra night in Maui after our son wasn't allowed to fly home with an ear infection so we booked this last minute. It's hard to compare since we were coming from the Hyatt Regency in Kaanapali. The room was very clean. The hotel is close to the airport. Very basic pool and hotel.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Nice hotel very convenient to shopping centers."
Nice hotel, very clean room with view of ocean. 2nd floor was secure by door which can only opened by guests keys. Breakfast buffet was basic and simple. Dinner served only on Saturdays which was OK for us, but we had to go to the Maui Seaside Hotel next block for dinner at Tanke,s, the best pork adobo meal we had in years in Hawaii. Overall, we were very satisfied with our experience and would definitely recommend Maui Beach to friends and stay here again next time we come to Maui.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Roy
"Nice Hotel Great Location"
We had a wonderful time at the Maui Beach Hotel. We were visiting Kehei, Lahaina and Kaanapali as well as Kahului so the location was great it was very centrally located and it was easy to access main roads from the hotel. The Mall across the street is great. The private beach was also very nice. We were on the mountain side and had a nice view of the mountains. The staff was very courteous and knowledgeable about the surrounding area.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Minister Mo
"OK for a few days."
I know had a very inexpensive room, but it was really tough functioning without a sitting chair in the room. The only chair is a desk chair. If there are two people, one has to sit on the bed to watch TV, read, or whatever. The breakfast buffet is not bad for the price, but a more diverse offering of breads. I would consider staying there again, however, as the location is convenient to the airport and shopping, though it's a good 20 miles to Lahaina.
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Donald
"Great for the price"
Inexpensive and centrally located. Great if you plan on seeing the whole island and dont want to spend alot on the room.
"Unexpectedly livable, but extra fees."
Check in was easy, the people were nice. I was surprised by the $10.50 per day "hotel fee" which gave you access to DVD's whether you wanted them or not, and by the $5 per day parking fee. Perhaps they all do this, I don't know, but I didn't see anything about it on their website. You can see the spectacular volcanic mountains just behind Kahului from there, and it's nice on the beach at sunrise. There seems to be the occasional person sort of living on the beach, harmless in general. The pool is not heated, but there are free municipal pools all over Maui, which do have heated pools. Wonderful!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Caela
"Affordable and clean"
Although the hotel is older, it is very well kept and clean. The staff were excellent - friendly, helpful and informed. I was picked up promptly at the airport by the shuttle. I would easily recommend Maui Beach
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
overnight in Ma
"My stay"
The front desk lady not so nice. she always wants us to wait. not a good customer service. i ask for the luggage cart and she said to wait she needs the key. another lady came by ask me if i need help and said yes. the not so nice lady had the key all this time and she gave to the lady who asked if i needed help. if not for that lady, i'll be waiting there for the longest time. even during the check in shes not so nice. i wish she change if she stays in that position. not good for the hotel. all employees especially the housekeeping very friendly and helpful
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
edbe
"Great location and good value for money"
Staff was really helpful. Simple and humble people. Brunch spread was good too. Room was clean. I like the location of this hotel, close to airport and kind of in the center of the island. It is also close to the saturday local market and a shopping mall with many food options.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Budget beach front hotel."
Typical budget hotel. Nothing outstanding. It is beach front, has a nice pool, restaurant and they provide a shuttle anywhere within 3 miles if you don't want to rent a car. We don't spend a lot of time at a hotel so we selected it because of price and location. It is more convenient to access any part of Maui from here. We were charged a daily fee to park the rental car and a resort (I believe that is what they called it.) fee which we were not expecting. So that did increase the daily rate.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
arkie
"One night stay"
Convenient for airport. Inexpensive. Check in at 3 pm but pool closes at 5 pm on Saturday. A/C fan noisy. Bed fairly comfortable. Room clean. Older hotel but staff friendly. Buffet breakfast and dinner expensive.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Frugal traveler
"Nice little hotel right on Kahului Harbor"
Great hotel right on a little beach in Kahului Harbor. It's not a resort by any means, but it is centrally located and probably the best priced hotel on the island for budget minded vacationers. The room was large and the beds were comfy. Our room was about 50ft from the water with a view of the entire harbor out the window. Rooms 124, 125, or 224, 225 have the best view. My only complaint would be the ac wasn't too effective, but the constant breezes made up for it. The staff went out of their way a couple times to help me with a few assorted requests. I'm In a mobility scooter and access was a breeze! Our entire trip, airfair,hotel and car rental was cheaper than what you would pay at the big resorts for just the room alone! We LOVED IT, and will only stay there if we ever make it back to Maui. If you want luxury, PAY FOR IT. If you want a comfortable place to sleep after all your activities(and there are plenty) stay here. You cant beat it!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Room"
Air conditioner was very noisy and could not be turned down to quiet it for a restful nights sleep
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Reasonably priced, convenient location for OGG"
I found a basic room and dreary corridors on late night arrival. The next morning I got a chance to walk the grounds and found it much more pleasant. It's right on the water and half of the rooms open facing a lawn rather than the highway. Location so close to the airport makes it an economical choice for a first or last night stay. The desk people were helpful and pleasant. I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't judge the food.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good for the money."
An old hotel. Outside scared us at first, but it was clean on the inside. Plenty of easy parking and in the center of everything. The shuttle is a plus. If you are not at Muai to Stay in the hotel all day, this one works pretty good.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Benson
The hotel was average--the hotel needs to be upgraded as far as new decor and amenities.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
This is an older hotel, and the flooring and carpet is "rundown". Staff was friendly, bath towels were thin, due to age of hotel they use a window air conditioner to cool the rooms and that can get to be noisy.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Overnight in Kahalui"
this is an older property. It has the feel of a 1970's motel. It was reasonably clean and comfortable, and is right on the seashore, with a swim beach a very short walk. Much of the exterior halls and public areas look well used, and could benefit from a fresh coat of paint. The furnishings are dated, but it serviceable/good condition. Close to the airport, and a short walk to two small shopping malls and movie theaters. Nice Saturday night buffet. If you are looking for a resort to spend several days at, this is probably not it, but for a night or two to explore Kahalui, it is fine. The staff was the star, cheerful and helpful at every turn.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
It was a nice clean comfortable room. Nothing fancy and a little outdated but clean. It was more on the "industrial" side of the island but still near the water with some pretty views. Not located near the really touristy parts. Definitely need a car to get around. I would stay there again because it serves it's purpose.
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Sandra
"Best in Kahului"
Enjoyed our 3 day stay there. It was not the busy season so the parking was no problem. Staff was pleasant. And cleaning person, Elizabeth, was very nice.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Mauiboy
"overally priced"
they charge for every little thing, extra-person on the pull-out couch, parking, $10 fee for ??? (not sure what it was for, oh, facilities, what ever that is). hallway rugs dirty, high use hotel, In the past it was economically, but for 3 people in one room, it was almost $300. (go to the Courtyard Marriot, at least for $300. its newer and cleaner)
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Fits the bill for short stay"
We stay here for one night yearly to avoid late nite travel from airport to condo near Kaanapali. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. Buffet breakfast is great. Room was clean and tidy and more than adequate. Wi-fi worked like a charm.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Big Red
Came to Maui for Willie K BBQ Bluesfest, arrived earlier than what hotel allows for checkin - BUT they found us a room anyway so we could get ready and be on our way. We waited about 15 minutes for them to find us a nice, clean room. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
D
"Good, not great"
We checked in and when I booked my stay I booked it with a king size bed. This was not the case apparently and was not the staff at the hotel's fault and they were quite quick to let me know that. They were completely booked out and were unable to get me into a different room even though I showed them my reservation with Expedia. We go to the room and it was an average hotel room. There wasn't anything special about it but it did have a great view of the ocean and was 2 miles from the airport. For us this hotel actually worked out great. We wanted to really see the island and hit a lot of different spots. Because the hotel's location was so great we didn't have to drive as far to each spot. We didn't spend a lot of time during the day in the hotel room so just sleeping in a smaller hotel room worked out fine for us. We really liked just sleeping with the windows open listening to the ocean and so that was really great. We also went and stayed at another resort like hotel for a couple days while we were there and although it was really nice and the pool was great it would have taken more time for us to drive around and see sights so things worked out really well for us.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Ammon
"Roof top pool"
Free shuttle to the airport. Roof top pool and decent room. Wasn't the best hotel but it's not the worst.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
james
"Decent Hotel"
First the good news... The staff at Maui Beach Hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The shuttle service to and from the airport was quick and convenient. The rooms were clean (except the ant issue). Now the bad news. It's terribly pricey for what you get. We could not log onto the internet (we were supposed to get a permission screen to allow access, but it never happened on any of our devices). We had ants in the room that attacked our food. And despite spending $250 a night there, they wanted another $12.50 (each person) for the continental breakfast. Really?
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Clean, comfortable and close to beach with good staff. Unlimited free DVDs for movies and PS3 games.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Manish
"it's only ok to stay for a few nights"
We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights but different times, 1, 1 and 3 nights. Rooms were clean in all 3 times. Sheets are clean and bath also. So cleanness is 5 out of 5. But the second time we went there, the rooms smells so bad (actually the whole corridor); it smells like garbage! two of the people who work there are really mean and rude. We went there at 2 pm which is sooner that check in time (which is 3 pm), so they asked us to wait..we wait in the lobby till 3 and then asked to check in but they told us room is not available and didn't tell us how much more we should wait..they just told us go and wait..we waited for another 30 minutes and again asked them to check in and they were so mad at us and finally gave us the worst room with garbage smell. So be aware of their bad management! Also in hot season they charge you for $10 a day + tax. this $10 is for coffee they should put in your room, wireless which is not working in your room (only lobby) and renting DVD (which wont be needed in Maui!!! you're always out) So prepare yourself to pay more It's so close to beach and reasonably close to Walgreens and Walmart, shopping center, Starbucks...Also so close to needle (iao valley). the mountain view is awesome. parking is not free ($5 per night) It's an old hotel, don't forget!
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
"okay for the price but....."
Shuttle stops at 9:00. My plane came in at 10:00. Advertised wired and wireless Internet. But no, only open non secured wireless. Pool has limited hours. And no bar or restaurant. Beach is smallest in maui. But hey, I saved a buck !
3 night business trip Dec 20, 2014
patricia
"Fine but not Fancy"
We stayed here just one night before heading to Hana for a few days. I liked how close it was to a shopping center In one direction and Whole Foods/ Long's Drugstore in the other. Room was clean but I didn't like the mini size bathtub.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Jill
"Excellent choice of Mall convenience"
I enjoyed the breakfast Buffett and the distance to the mall.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Billie
"AK traveler"
A stop after a long day of air travel before going on to vacation condo. Comfortable, clean room with VERY pleasant staff
1 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
kristine
"Very musty, hole in bottom door for critters to ui"
Very musty, hole in bottom door for critters to get in. not clean
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"I enjoyed my stay at this hotel."
I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel it was close by the local transportation I could walk to .
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Willie
"nice location near almost everthing"
real easy to find plenty of parking. quick check in the ocean was right there
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
JOHNNY
"Not recommended for long stay."
The room looks nothing like the photos. Other than the location, this place has nothing to offer. No MW in room. Beds are not true queen size (more like a full) and are uncomfortable springs. Not enough for a couple to sleep on. Restaraunt an bar are rarely open too.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
slayman
"Nice hotel for price"
Loved my room on second floor with balcony where I drank my coffee and listened to the waves each morning looking at the clean beautiful grounds inside the courtyard. Friendly employees throughout hotel, clean hotel rooms with a little upgrading in process. Husband walked to his job every day, mall shopping across street and other shopping and restaurants close by. Beautiful view all around hotel.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
debrah
Excellent service, beautiful view. Tired building, but I would definitely return.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
"Good for rest and shopping in Maui"
Great location to big shopping mall including Macy's and Sears. But the hotel doesn't provide entertainment or food itself. It is not recommendable for night hang-out. But good for rest.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Wonkeun
"best place for good money"
It was a good stay convenient to the mall
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Miles
"Did not like this hotel very much"
We were not told prior to checking in that you HAVE to pay $10 daily for play station and movies and wifi etc. Who goes to Maui to stay in their hotel and do these things. NOBODY! The room has a stuffy musty smell. NEEDS renovations. Altho it is close to a lot of other places, we will spend a little more money to stay at a nicer hotel.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Kamacho
"utter disappointment"
Outdated power cable, neglected for maintenance. Had to call them twice about this during our stay. Unfriendly and impatient staffs. It seemed that they were all under-paid and got little motivations of improving service. For scoring service above, I wished there were a choice of even lower one as that would be more applicable.
3 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
We were told breakfast included and after checking in were told not free. $12.oo plus charge to eat. Not fare and I would never recommend to anyone. Old and in bad area. Also added a parking fee we weren't told in advance. I feel we deserve a discount someway, may not use Expedia again!!!
"Good hotel could use some updating"
We enjoyed our stay--staff were friendly and mostly helpful; breakfast buffet really good; buffet dinner on Sat. eve. was outstanding. Showers good, lots of hot water, use of liquid soap excellent. Pool was good but no evening hours available. Location was excellent for getting to area attractions. Beds comfortable. Cleaning staff seemed to do a good job. Downside: Hallway carpets poor, bathroom floors (sticky and always looked dirty) and fixtures (caulking, sinks, etc). not good. Towels somewhat skimpy and we were supposed to use them for our swimming as well; no signs about saving environment by using fewer towels, changing sheets less, etc. Lighting in the rooms could be better. Maui Beach a misnomer, as there was no good swimming beach at the back of the hotel, just rocks. Hard to make a reservation for extra days over the phone; I had to call back 4 times to get booking-- 1st call was made during hurricane threat; was promised return call but never heard; 2 more calls got same result; finally got through to the manager who could add days on to my Road Scholar program, but finally booked through much cheaper Expedia.
Bonnie
"Close to the airport."
We were surprised by the "amenities tax" - aren't amenities how hotels market themselves, and are included in the cost of lodging? Amenities did not include breakfast. A fine place for a night prior to airport departure.
"Convenient"
Great location for surrounding towns, restaurants, shopping, tours. Great price.
Sandy
"Will get you by for a night."
After a 5 hour flight we drove 3 miles to sleep and get prepared for the big day coming up. If you need a no frills place to just crash, this is it. The staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Need a facelift"
Old motel and needs upgrading. Location was ok near airport and overlooking the bay. Pool in the wrong spot. Pam at the breakfast buffet was incredible and the best tour guide for Maui and it's best restaurants.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"This place stunk"
Roaches in room and unexpected resort fees. Dirty pool.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Yvonne
"An old, tired place."
The hotel was a bit cold and non caring, I felt. The breakfast was overpriced and not very good as was the Saturday night Bistro. The place was like Fort Knox and there were hairs in the bathroom which were not mine. In Maui you definitely need a car. Apart from being near the airport the beach and pool were only so-so. The only plus was being so near the biggest shopping mall on Maui. Maui is a beautiful island and I want to go back and explore some more but I will not be staying at the Maui Beach Hotel. It is a bit rundown and needs an upgrade.
4 night trip Nov 8, 2014