All hotels in Kahului, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here170 Kaahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI, 96732, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to the airport."
We were surprised by the "amenities tax" - aren't amenities how hotels market themselves, and are included in the cost of lodging? Amenities did not include breakfast. A fine place for a night prior to airport departure.
"Convenient"
Great location for surrounding towns, restaurants, shopping, tours. Great price.
Sandy
"Will get you by for a night."
After a 5 hour flight we drove 3 miles to sleep and get prepared for the big day coming up. If you need a no frills place to just crash, this is it. The staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Need a facelift"
Old motel and needs upgrading. Location was ok near airport and overlooking the bay. Pool in the wrong spot. Pam at the breakfast buffet was incredible and the best tour guide for Maui and it's best restaurants.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"This place stunk"
Roaches in room and unexpected resort fees. Dirty pool.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Yvonne
"An old, tired place."
The hotel was a bit cold and non caring, I felt. The breakfast was overpriced and not very good as was the Saturday night Bistro. The place was like Fort Knox and there were hairs in the bathroom which were not mine. In Maui you definitely need a car. Apart from being near the airport the beach and pool were only so-so. The only plus was being so near the biggest shopping mall on Maui. Maui is a beautiful island and I want to go back and explore some more but I will not be staying at the Maui Beach Hotel. It is a bit rundown and needs an upgrade.
4 night trip Nov 8, 2014
vanessa
The staff was so nice. The shuttle to and from the airport is a bonus.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Budget Hotel - Great for Locals"
With the escalation in hotel room rates on Maui, there are few better places that are still affordable than this hotel. They cater to local travelers and do a good job of it. The only down side is that they have a hidden charge "convenience fee" of $10 which they assess on each room and spring on you when you check in. They should just be transparent and include it in the room rate. The WIFI in the rooms is awfully slow but the room was clean and the bed comfortable.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Colin
"Not worth it. Maybe at $60/night."
Overpriced!! For starters, The hotel staff were arguing with each other, right at the front desk. It didnt stop when i approached. The room key cards randomly worked and the staff were irritated about fixing it. The breakfast and dinner buffets were overpriced. The actual room we had was small and faced a major thoroughfare, so headlights and the constant hum of cars/trucks was a major inconvenience when trying to sleep. The TV had lousy connectivity and kept losing signal or had gray squares blipping all over the screen.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Kirsti
"Close to Airport and ok bed, but has bugs"
We asked for quiet room but our outdated AC was very noisy and we were placed by a busy exit door. While in the bathroom we met up with a cockroach type bug and smaller bugs as well. When I then wiped the floor up, the tissue came up very black; the floor was not clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable. In the morning our room cards stopped working an hour before check out and when I pointed this out to the desk clerk at check out time, she mistakenly thought I wanted the card activated again for the last 1/2 hr. When I said I didn't, and that I was just letting her know, she seemed upset with me because she'd gone to the trouble of activating. I said "I'm Sorry." But then realized she should be saying that to me!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Louie
"Ambushed by Undisclosed Fees"
When I checked in I was told there was a mandatory daily "convenience fee" of $10 that Expedia did not identify. For a low cost hotel, what is essentially a 10% additional charge upon check-in is an unwelcome start to a stay at the property.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Colin
We enjoyed ourselves at the Maui beach hotel. We thank you for everything.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Happy, Happy"
Very Nice
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great for an overnight, close to the airport."
Clean and close to the mall. Great as a resting spot as you explore Maui. I was just there for an overnight, so quite adequate.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
Ryan
"Maui Beach Hotel rating"
hotel staff is very nice. the rooms are non-smoking but they smelled very much like smoke. there was no coffee anywhere in our hotel we had to go next door. The room itself was clean. hallway carpets were very dirty.
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Jay
"Not bad,"
Not bad, jist need own coffee makers in the room for the guess, and have more stuff gor the bathroom too, like toothpaste and extra simple toothbrushes, and soap/body wash.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
lopaka hera
"Quality of property"
Beautiful views! Very, very tried property.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
mark
"Disappointing"
The hotel was not full and I asked for a room with a garden view and more quiet, the front desk said no. There was hair in the bathroom when I arrived. I sprayed with Lysol. I asked for a cart to take my things up two flights, front desk just glared at me finally I saw the shuttle driver and asked him he said he was busy, then turned into the closet and got it for me. Travelling alone it would be too much to handle. I was staying 8 nights. Tattered towels and carpetry in room and hallways. Arrival, wanted to know where to go for breakfast or dinner, no answer so I drove around until I spotted one. Since I went to a seminar for 3 days and wanted to revisit the island, I remember more Aloha service this time. Can not recommend. Since I paid in advance. Wish Expedia rated the place before I went. My room was over 2 roads with 2 lanes each and high traffic.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"worst experience ever"
i love maui and this was my 5th or 6th visit....and this hotel is the worst! bed bugs on my bed, cockroach outside our door, stains and dirty towels, carpet, and pillows. don't stay here
4 night trip Sep 6, 2014
joy
"Close to airport"
Reasonalble rates good service to & from the airport
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
The hotel itself was fine, but when I checked in they charged me another $15 hotel fee. This is in addition to the one fees added on when I booked online. I was not thrilled.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Joel
"The hotel was nice but the parking was poor."
Staff were nice but the parking was bad due to a nightclub in the hotel. Beds were comfortable and bath was okay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Small room, next to beach;"
No queen size beds or coffee pots. Pool closes at 5pm.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
linda
"Friendly service"
Close to airport and the hotel provides a shuttle service
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"waiting for plane"
generally good. no restaurant for diner in hotel, tried to get ride back from rental car drop off but manager did not know telephone number to front desk. walked 2.5 miles from drop off. Good thing I am used to walking
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Close to restaurants, food trucks"
Excellent service. Earleen at the reception desk was friendly and knowledgeable.
4 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Kwong
room was very clean and quiet but i didn't like swimming pool closed 5:00pm and they charged parking fee.
7 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"Convenient and comfortable"
Even though an older facility, it was a good place with all services needed. Convenient to airport but not too close, has its own beach on the bay, and close to any businesses you might need.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
"Happy enough"
My boyfriend and I stayed here it was a beautiful area and the surrounding beaches were great. Staff was quiet but accommodating when asked. The breakfast definitely not worth 12 dollars. Overall very lovely experience.
3 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
Anya
Nice people good location
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Marc
"Only in a pinch"
Due to a business trip I had to spend a night in Kahului. They were the only hotel I could find that allowed me to spend only one night. The toilet had a problem and continuously ran. The water pressure in the shower was almost comical. That and a $5 charge to park your car makes me think I would look elsewhere.
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Alan V
"Splendid court yard facing the ocean"
Great larn, worth spent the night there with stars then in bed, definitely.
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2014
"Convenient for travel on North Shore"
Hotel rating is too high based on my 5 days there. Hotel was shampooing carpets for corridor and half the rooms, amenities are slim, room conditions sketchy in spots, pool closes at 8:00. J did love that each room has a PS3 game console that is free to use so I rented movies from redbox and watched in room for free.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Nice hotel close to shops"
I had an awesome time here hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The free shuttle came in very handy. I would definitely stay here again..
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Kerry
The room we reserved looked different from the picture on expedia (the picture looked nicer) and it was facing highway. I asked if they can change room for me and the hotel staff was nice enough to do it for me free of charge. The room was clean. The only negative was the loud window AC. Hard to fall asleep due to the noise.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
All the staff was great. Especially I had a great housekeeper when I first stayed there at the hotel. My first room the ac wasn't working to good so I called front desk and they put me in another room right away.
3 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Inexpensive hotel near airport. Free shuttle available. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Good value. Please clean air con filter better though. I had to clean it. Dip it in Clorox and hot water.
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Marc
"First night in Hawaii"
We figured that we would be tired after travel all day and we didn't want to find our condo in the dark. When we arrived it was also raining. At first I thought we'd made a mistake booking here. Floors were worn, carpet was warped, no a-c in lobby and halls but room was pleasantly nice and air-conditioned. Breakfast buffet was good and fresh. Overall it's rated 3.75.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Trouble in paradise"
Given wrong room at check in tokd that's what expedia booked me. Change when I showed booking conformation from expedis on my phone. Then I got room changed.. Alright hotel needs updated. Air conditioner in wall. It took several hours to cool room down.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"NIce place to stay..."
room was good, but not too private, being on the first floor notice I could see into other rooms. (If I can see them, I’m sure they can see me. So I dew the curtains, air was a little loud, but works good. Good for people who looking for a no frills flop. No balcony, just a nice little room. The people were friendly, accomidatiing and understanding. and there is a free suttle to the airport.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Dirk
The hotel was just minutes from the airport and shopping centers. Great location. The rooms were small but it didn't matter because most of the time we were out of the room. The staff were very acute and attentive to our needs.
3 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
Ansell Thompson
"Ok hotel close to the airport"
The Maui Beach Hotel is a mediocre establishment whose best feature is it's close proximity to the airport. When I was there, the pool was closed for maintenance. The beach front is minuscule and looks out on an industrial area of Maui. The room was small but clean. Adequate for an overnight stay but I would not want to spend my whole vacation there.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Betsy
"Honeymoon #2"
When we checked in, the employee gave us an upgrade for our room, which we greatly appreciated. We were very pleased with the hotel, but we found ourselves driving to the other side of the island, daily.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
very nice location of beach side and shopping center and local bus stop. I really enjoyed stay this Hotel.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Disappointed. Room looked nothing like the pictures you send to promote your hotel. Entire complex needs a complete remodel.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
Disappointed
"pleasant hotel with a good view"
The walk on the bay and the view was real good. The breakfasts were good.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
jim
"Great place to sleepover after a full day travel"
The breakfast was great. The gentleman named Edward in the buffet area was our first encounter on the island and his friendliness and great smile made the beginning of our vacation the dream we had thought it would be. The hotel amenities in the room were a little sparse. This seemed like cutting too many things out for the richness of the historic old hotel. Maybe a real bar of soap, a small shampoo/conditioner and more than two small plastic glasses. Other than that we will hopefully be back. Thank you.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Judy & Terry Casey
"Surprising Overnight Stay."
We were just staying overnight in order to catch a flight the next morning. I was sorry we were not staying longer. Not fancy but confortable and a great view and very nice staff. Glad it picked it over the Marriott.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Great Location, hard beds"
The location of the Maui Beach Hotel was perfect. It was central to all parts of the island. I had the standard room and the bed was hard, the shower was small, it was hard to take a shower, and the tile floor in the bathroom was cracked so it looked like the floor was dirty. It's fine to stay here a night or two, but I wouldn't stay here again for any length of time.
5 night trip May 15, 2014