All hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Playa Bávaro, Ave. Alemania A-B 108, Punta Cana, La Altagracia, 51101, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Service is awful, room was run down."
I am not a picky person, but the service at this hotel is awful. We were considered "VIP" guests. It was very difficult to get anything quickly. My son was in the bathroom and locked the door to take a shower, and the shower door locked behind him. I called to get someone to the room to unlock the bathroom door so we could get him out but it took nearly an hour for someone to show up. Good thing he wasn't a small child. That was unacceptable considering the circumstances. Also, room service is ridiculous. We had to go on an outside excursion one day, I called and ordered food one morning and they said it would be 25 minutes, which gave us plenty of time to spare, yet the food didn't arrive for 45 minutes and it was cold. We had 10 minutes to eat before the bus left. Also, they only left us 1 washcloth per day for 4 people, and on 2 days didn't leave any. They only left 3 towels one day. The room was run down. Patio door was hard to open, close and lock. The ceiling had a large crack in it. The air conditioner leaked. The entertainment wasn't very good. They said there were shows in 3 theaters every night. There was only one, and it started at 10 pm. The drinks were never prepared as ordered due to the staff not understanding English. you couldn't get food after 10:30 when the buffets closed. The food from room service wasn't very good.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Pretty good"
Got the old the room you reserved is not available till tomorrow. Free lobster was not worth the crappy room and repacking after one day. My wife moved our suitcases with the bell hop. He did have a dolly
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
island hopper
"Not a good place to stay."
I booked the hotel because I have stayed in other Barcelos before and I had amazing experience with Barceló in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. When we arrived we were told our room wasn't ready. We upgraded the room to have free internet service. The internet never worked the whole time we stayed there. Now I have a huge phone bill from using my provider for internet service. I had left my daughter with her dad so I had to check on her. Otherwise I would have not even used my provider for internet service because I knew would be expensive. Also on New Years night, we struggle to get a glass of champagne. I guess they didn't have enough champagne for the guests. I felt sorry for the employees, everyone there was complaining about service and the internet not working and it is not their fault. It is bad management. They were working hard to try to make guests happy. I really want the hotel or Expedia to pay for my phone bill.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Lissa
"Hotel good, close to beach, deplorable bathroom"
Hotel grounds, meals, drinks, staff, entertainment were great; room was good size with very old phone and tv, however, bathroom was very disappointing with old, falling apart ceiling, mirror, and grouting; bad leaks on ceiling above toilet, bad to no water pressure in shower and some mold in bedroom and bathroom. Would be great place if rooms and bathrooms are renovated or even kept up maintenance. Would possibly revisit if they offer better, decent rooms.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Carmelita
"Excellent staff, Disappointing resort"
Rooms: When we first arrived we were told that our room (junior suite) was not available and that we would not be able to get that room until the next day. We talked to multiple people and it seemed this happened to everyone the first day. We were put in a downgraded room for the first night, and were given a free massage and dinner to compensate. The rooms are in serious need of updating. Everything is old. The bathroom showers leaked and our sink was broken and leaked right on to the floor. The sliding glass door to the balcony didn't lock. The room door was difficult to close. We had to get multiple sets of keys because they randomly stop working. Beach: To get beach towels you must have "towel keys" and if you lose one you are charged. Some days they didn't have clean towels available and we had to use the ones from the day before. There is only one location to get towels at the far end of the resort. We were not able to use any of the kayaks because we were told "tomorrow would be better" every day we asked. Resort: Outdated. The pool is covered in shade and there are few sunny spots but they only last until the morning. The Casino was closed. Many broken beach chairs. The hot tubs are cold. Wifi: rarely could connect, some connection on beach and in lobby Food: The food isn't great. The restaurants are definitely better than the buffet but you must have a reservation. The resort is catered towards those who speak Spanish, so at times it was difficult to communicate.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Anonymous
"Nice resort for a reasonable price"
Was not expecting much as we picked the lowest cost location. Turned out much nicer than we were expecting. Sure the facilities showed a little wear, but nothing extreme. Nothing to even complain about. Not posh, just comfortable and friendly. The food was plain, but I did not come to eat. Again, not bad, just not something that would temp you to overeat. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I would go back.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Kris
"Nice hotel, amazing & friendly staff"
We really enjoyed our stay in our hotel The only thing that dissapointed was the sea water which was loaded with algeas. Pool was great, nice and comforting place. Amazing food at the restAurants in the hotel
frequent travel
"Ok hotel but Wifi was extremely poor!"
We live in a day and age where Social networks are part of our daily life. I hardly could connect to WIFI (which I paid for by the way)! I couldnt facetime with my kids. I couldnt check my emails. I just think WIFI should have been free to begin with anyways. So if you dont care about notifying anyone back home that you are alive and safe, then yeah, this is an OK place. Staff were nice, food was good. Dont even bother with the restaurants, the buffet food was always better.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Appreciated Guest, After a cordial greeting, we want to thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We want to apologize for not been able to fulfil your expectations regarding to the Wi Fi connection, we are trying to get a solution to this matter that can be helpful for the hotel and to the customers. Aside from that we want to thank you for stand out our good food and our excellent service and we ask you to please give us the honor of serve you once again. Best Regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager
Ming
"Older resort on the beach"
We had a great time. The staff was wonderful, and it was fun being with people from various cultures. It would have been more enjoyable if they didn't allow smoking at the eating places. It was a crowded beach atmosphere.
Heidi
"The hotel stuff is outstanding!!"
If you are too picky you will find many things that can be better but if you, as we did, go for the easy time, knowing that nothing is perfect you'll find out a great deal for your money.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Appreciated Guest, First and foremost thank you for taking the time of writing us your comments about your stay at our resort, they are really important to us since they help us to improve our facilities and our service given by every member of our staff. We are glad you enoyed the facilities and services and that you stand out our good relation between price and quality. We ask you to please visit us again and give us the honor of serve you. Best Regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Go somewhere else."
Barcelos Dominicana is a simple hotel, with a nice beach, decent swimming pools. Rooms are old and small. Cleanliness and maintenance is questionable. Food quality is abysmal. Service is awful. Go somewhere else.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for your review and we apologize for the experience you had while our guest. We find it extremely distressing to read that we did not meet even the most basic of your needs in the duration of your stay with us. We can assure you that your experience is not the status quo at our property and that it is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. We find the experience you have described as unacceptable and contrary to the standards our property strives to maintain. We will be certain to follow up with onsite staff and ensure we improve in the several areas you have mentioned. We would appreciate it if you would give us the chance to change your perception of our property and would like to welcome you back again soon. Sincerely, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
5 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"A Wonderful Week in the Sun and 85 degrees!"
It was a wonderful vacation. Great accommodations, excellent food and staff. The place was very well maintained and secure. We there for New Years Eve and Day...........WOW what a fantastic celebration!!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Dissapointing!"
I believed Barcelo's standards were much more higher than this. Very disappointing service, long line to check-in because not enough resources on the front desk. I requested a crib for my recent born baby, they said they will install it at our room but they never did. The drinks quality very low. I was not expecting a high quality whiskey when I asked for one, but the one I received I am not sure if it was whisky at all. I stayed in cheaper all-inclusive hotels and I had a much more pleasant stay.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, First off we would like to thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction and that we could not come up to your expectations. Please be assured that we will discuss your comments with the team as we take our clients comments extremely serious. At the hotel, it is our priority to deliver the highest quality amenities and service to all our guests and we are truly sorry that in your case this did not happen. We would very much like to welcome you back at Barceló Dominican Beach and should you feel you could give us a second opportunity to restore your faith in us. Cordially, Radhamés Martínez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
WILFREDO
"Go somewhere else."
Our room just seemed dirty. There was a covered up smell. The bathroom sink leaked onto the floor. We left after 2 nights and moved to a different hotel. The food was just okay. Beach is nice. Pools were not that nice.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
LLL
"Very good choice in the Bavaro / Punta Cana region"
Excelent choice of food (5 out of 5); Good choice on drinks (no option for "non-sugar/non-sparkling" other then water) (4 out of 5); Very good service from the employees (5 out of 5); Very good maintenance of the facilities (except for the sailing activities - only one vessel available) (4 out of 5); Medium size room, convenient furniture and regular bathroom equipment (4 out of 5); Good entertainement and very good swiming pools (5 out of 5); Regular beach with plenty of chairs and shadows; Too windy for me; (3 out of 5).
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Carlos
it was good its anough ok it was problems since we get there like they put us on a room whith no a.c .they move us to another room in 10 min.but it is this supoust to happen.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Never Going Back!"
Moldy rooms, lack of towels, broken lamps, poor wifi, front desk help was not, horrible food; overall a disappointing stay!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"great value"
beautiful location. large resort that has everything- good size rooms, pools, great food, great service, beach ( including beach chairs), drinks, entertainment, restaurants. if you book all inclusive, you really don't need anything else unless you go on excursions.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our pleasant Staff, Drinks, Entertainment and all our resort has to offer. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a return trip. Sincerely, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
traveljoe
"A Beautiful Christmas Week"
Due to poor reviews, we were nervous about spending our Christmas at the Barcelo Dominican Beach but were, thankfully, pleasantly surprised. We experienced polite, professional and friendly service, clean and comfortable accommodations, well maintained and gorgeous grounds, good and plentiful food and drink, a wide variety of activities and wonderful entertainment. We have no complaints other than the sluggish wifi but who needs the internet in paradise anyway? We also had an A/C issue which was fixed within minutes after we reported it. We upgraded to the Elite Club which may have made a difference and we found that respect, a smile and three simple words, "hola!", "por favor" and "gracias" plus small tips for hard work go a long way. People will treat you the way you treat them and we found the people to be lovely, fun loving and very polite and helpful. We were sad to leave our 2014 Christmas home and our new Dominican friends. Thank you, Barcelo Dominican Beach for a beautiful Christmas week!
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay in our Resort. We will be sharing your comments with all our staffs, as we know these ones are their motivation to keep improving and providing you our clients with the best services. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next vacation. Cordially, Radhamés Martínez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good for the price"
It's was good for the price but they need to do more with activities It was very boring
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Barceló Dominican Beach. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. Our relationship with our guests is very important to us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
naomi
"This is not the Punta Cana I have raved about"
Hotel is very old and in significant disrepair. During my stay of 7 nights, they did not remove the seaweed that washed to the beach. Apparently they had on the day of my arrival because on that day, the swath was only a foot wide and by the time I left, it was seven to eight feet. It was by far the dirtiest segment for about 3 miles north and 1 miles south. It appears as if that was the only segment not cleaned. The tube tv in the room was from 1999 and devoid of color(color controls did not work). The phone wall plug receptacle was partially pulled out and wire reconnected from behind the faceplate. It only functioned in rotatory mode. Patio door lock had been forcibly opened/broken and never replaced. Air conditioner venting was very noisy and there is noway one could sleep with the noise. Someone had attempted to silence the vibrations(caused by the air conditioning unit) of the bathroom light panels with tissue paper. Food was ok. Local calls are one dollar with a 4 minute limit. The wifi was very slow when available and $15/day or 30/week.
7 night trip Dec 11, 2014
Santo
"Wonderful experience."
Had a wonderful stay and were treated very well by staff. Facilities were nice and clean. My family was very pleased. No complaints.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property and share your experience with us. I am very pleased your stay with us was perfect. I greatly appreciate your nice comments for all our staff and will be certain to share them with our team members. Thank you for your kind words of recommendation, they are truly appreciated and we all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. See you soon. Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"totaly great time"
Had a great 4 days there will return soon
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for choosing Barceló Dominican Beach for your getaway! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay that you are planning to return soon, please reach to me directly if I can be of any assistance to you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the near future. Warm regards, Warm regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Nothing special but close to the beach, nice garde"
It was disappointing when we did not have hot water for 2 days , then sometimes not even cold water. We could not use toilet in our room because it wouldn't flash properly. Food was just ok, noting special.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, All your comments have been taken into consideration and we thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time with us. Here at Barcelo Dominican Beach we pride ourselves in our service, if you were to voice your concerns to us at the guest service or reception desk upon your stay we would have gone out our way to ensure that any discomfort you may have had were solved. Thanks to your feedback and the reviews of many others, we here at Barcelo Dominican Beach are able to constantly monitor our services in order to provide a quality holiday experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again perhaps in the future wish you well on your future travels! Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Kate
"Not for us."
We run away. It wasn't for us. May be it was ok for the price (it was half of the other Barcelo hotels), but we didn't like it. We cancelled and changed to Barcelo Babaro Beach, which cost double, but was much better.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay. We have shared your concerns with our team in hopes of improving future guests' experiences. We appreciate the feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. All the best, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
4 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
Gustavo
"Nice hotel, good location"
This was the first time I stayed in this hotel. First day after arriving, I received a room with two full size beds, even though I requested for one king size bed. Also the AC did not work properly (thermostat), so it was too cold or too hot in the room. I had manually turn it on and off whole night. Next day I was moved to another room with a king size bed but AC problem was the same. I called Guest Services and Isabel sent a technician to adjust AC to comfortable temperature right away. The food in the buffet was good and staff friendly, but from the Brazilian restaurant I expected better food. There were shows every evening. I liked Dominican band, dancing group and singers. Good job done by choreographer, sound and light engineers. The staff were speaking English, Spanish, French, Russian. I liked very much show for kids "Mini Disco". What I did not like: The vendors on the beach are a bit annoying. Also, it will be much healthful for everyone if smoking in the public areas, including beach, was not allowed. People, especially with children are coming to breath with fresh air from the ocean, but smokers don't care about them. I suggest to ban smoking in resort's public places including the beach and to create a special room for smoking. Overall, I like the hotel and I will recommend it to my friends and family.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Please receive our warmest regards from Barceló Dominican Beach. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal, the continuous improvement of our services. We take pride in our customer service and is always encouraging to read comments like yours where their efforts are noticed. We have taken note of the AC matter and will be reporting it to our maintenance department to solve this situation. We would also like to offer you our apologies if in any particular manner you felt uncomfortable due to the souvenir offer that some salespersons do when passing on the beach. We can assure you that it is not their intention to cause our dear guests any discomfort with this, but to provide you, as long as you are interested, with the very valued service of offering a souvenir of our country to take home. Hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit. Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Boris
Older property, the grounds and pools are kept up, but rooms need updates.Dead bolt broken on door but the door wasn't very sturdy anyway. Rust on metal in bathroom. Shampoo and body wash in an old dispencer on the shower wall. Next time I'll pay a few dollars more for a nicer resort.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, We greatly appreciate your feedback. Allow us to inform you that our Hotel is constantly developing improvements by working towards refurbishing, landscaping and beautifying the Hotel. We have recently made some renovations in many of our areas. At our hotel, we keep working to update our rooms, restaurants, common areas and all our meeting spaces. We also ensure a proficient maintenance service in the entire infrastructure of the Resort, as indeed we consider of great importance to keep all our rooms facilities and equipment working adequately since the maintenance effectiveness can directly affect the perception of the quality of the services our hotel provides. Therefore, we work toward ensuring that all our rooms’ show the comfort and spotless conditions our guests require; considering the direct and significant effect, these matters have on guest’s impression of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, we hope you will consider trying us in the future. Regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Terrible place to stay"
8 Days stay. 2 days with running water in the room and electricity going ON/OFF. 4 days we had to call to get towels/toilet paper in the room because they forgot to put new ones back, no one answer so we used the towels from the beach. If you try to call the front desk for anything they will transfer you to a phone where they never answer, Only once they answered and they brought us toilet paper. Also, what ever you try to ask the staff they don't understand because most of them don't speak English. Also, it is scary how the staff look at you, you end up to not complain. Toilet didn't flush, around 15 times to get it done. don't let me tell you the smell since no one can wait for 15 water re-charges. Alcohol is local brand, cheap taste. Everybody expect tips even is the hotel all inclusive says tips included. Also, they let us fill up a review (with the room number on it) ...the second day... how should I say bad things if the staff has bad eyes for you and knows my room number...?
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
A
"Horrible"
Worst experience , I never return to Barcelo dominican beach , never return to punta cana
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at Barceló Dominican Beach. Exceptional service is what we strive to be known for; we regret if during your recent experience with us this has not been the case. Please accept my sincere apologies for not been able to full meet your expectations. We hope to receive you back in the near future, to improve your past experience impression. Sincerely, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Gas
"Don't do it"
I wrote a lengthy review that got rejected. Long story short, don't book this hotel. So many things were wrong with it. I've never had a terrible vacation until visiting this place... Very unfortunate.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for your feedback, we’re sorry we didn't provide the level of service expected from our hotel. Allow us to inform you that our Hotel offers a wonderful ambiance to our guests, our staff works with extra efforts towards ensuring that our property maintains the comfortable environment our valued customers require; we strive to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
lauren
"Nice beach, pretty grounds."
If you want luxury and excellent service, do not book here. Ok for the price we paid, but would not stay here again.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, although this is not the experience we expect to deliver to any of our guests and we deeply regret that we missed the mark on ensuring your stay was as you anticipated. Feedback from our guests is always appreciated, as it gives us the opportunity to improve. Please know we always encourage our guests to inform us right away if anything is not quite right, so that we may have the opportunity to assist immediately. Your feedback will be shared with all of our associates so that we may continually review our commitment to providing only the best in customer service. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Nice resort right on the beach"
This was my second stay in Punta Cana. So the only thing I can measure this resort with is the other resort I previously stayed at, Secerts Royal Beach. I will say the resort staff were helpful a pleasant but the difference between Barcelo and Secerts is noticeable at Secerts everyone (including the security staff) went out of their way to say hello and make you feel welcome. At Barcelo most of the staff went about their jobs unless they need to interact with you. It wasn't in a rude or bad way it's just that they didn't go the extra mile. As for the room an facilities they also were not as high quality and modern as Secerts. But if you don't plan to spend a lot of time in room you should be fine. Overall I had a very good stay. If you are on a budget and need a decent resort all inclusive on the beach, to drink and have fun and not be in the room to much this suits you. If your looking for a high quality facility with extra friendly staff pay a little extra for a different resort.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to know your experience was not completely satisfactory and that the attention provided for some of our staff was not at the level of your expectations, we will be revising your comments with our management team. We hope we get to better serve you in the future. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
antwine
"Barcelo Dominican Beach"
First time in the DR and loved it! Loved this all inclusive resort as well. Right on the beach, lots to do, 3 pools, and really friendly staff. I'd stay here again the next time I visit!
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us and had a wonderful time with our staff, we will make sure we pass along all of your great comments. We try to make our guests have a unique and unforgettable experience and it seems we achieved our goal with you. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Barceló Dominican Beach. Sincerely, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
jenna
"Horrible experience"
We checked in and within minutes the toilet was broke and didn't flush. We then noticed the mini fridge was also broken. Called the front desk and took them an hour to get there. He fixed it and left. We then noticed the sliding door and phone was broke. Called again and asked for a new room. They said no because the hotel was overbooked. Hour later it was fixed. Then it started raining from the ceiling in the bathroom. Called again and they temporarily fixed it. We called our expedia rep who told us he would be be at the resort at 9 the next morning and would find a different resort. Of course he didn't come thru and told us to call expedia. We called and that rep was able to contact the front desk after being on hold for 20 minutes. We were then finally able to change rooms. The manager was rude about it. The staff were not friendly and didn't understand a word of English. The buffets were terrible. Most of the food was melted. The drinks that were supposed to be frozen were not and the bar tenders did not know how to make drinks. Even the beer on tap was warm. We even saw local vendors paying off the security people so they can walk up and down the beach selling things. The massage wes adequate but the pedicure was basically a bucket of water and a coat of smearing polish. Only 1 night of decent entertainment. The Mexican restaurant was good and Italian was adequate. Save your money and pick a different resort
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thanks to your feedback we are able to constantly evaluate our services and amenities in order to provide the best quality holiday experience for all our guests. We are very sorry to hear that our all-inclusive buffet menu did not meet your expectations. Our highly qualified chefs and kitchen staff work hard in providing an all-inclusive menu to satisfy all tastes. Also, our staff works with a friendly smile and to the utmost best of their dispositions, within a fun and friendly atmosphere and are always attentive to serving guests throughout the day. We have discussed your comments with all staff members including our management team and would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for highlighting certain points you were unhappy about. We sincerely hope that we can fulfill your needs perhaps on another trip to our Resort in the future and wish you well on future travels! Kind Regards Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
jennifer
"Hotel was nice, Punta Cana was okay."
The hotel was nice and really big. The food was okay and one of our main complaints was the language barrier. Nobody spoke english or cared to know what you were talking about. Even simple things like at the bar asking for drinks... you had to really explain what you wanted and point to bottles and mixers and even then half the time you were getting something else. We ordered room service and got the wrong thing, when we called to tell them it was wrong they said "do you speak spanish?" We didnt so they said they would send someone to our room to figure out what we were saying and that never happened. I dont want to put down the hotel because of this though because I think it just Punta Cana as a whole. Same with the food, we were not impressed but I think we just didnt like the Punta Cana style food. I will say make reservations for the restaurants because the food at all of them was good. Just the buffet didnt have much to offer.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Resort; we should inform you that most of our employees have good knowledge of English and we are constantly offering courses to all our staff to reinforce their level of conversation, especially to those in direct contact with our guests. However please be reminded that Spanish is our mother tongue and their pronunciation of a foreign language might not be perfect. We hope that your stay with us forms part of your good memories and that in the future we have the pleasure to welcome you back in our Hotel or any Barceló Hotel around the world. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Cori
"Nice Hotel,beutiful beach and gardens"
Pro: Nice hotel,confortable beds,nice staff, very good shows. Cons: Expensive WIFI (other hotels have it for free),no much food variety,most of the chairs on the beach need to be cleaned. Very important (TV no signals.)
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, We want to thank you for your nice remarks about our staff, shows and beds. Also, we really appreciate the recommendations you have made to our operation. We can assure you that they will be taken in consideration to improve the quality of the service and accommodations we offer to our customers. Thank you again and we look forward to host you in our property in the near future. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
sonia
"Great stay, food not good.!"
I would like to say that in terms of facilities the hotel is amazing, great location, great rooms, swimming pools, amazing beach. We were a couple in our honeymoon, which we stayed that, when making the reservation, SURPRISE, we got a room with 2 beds, instead of the King Bed, requested before. I took us from the check in 3 pm until 8 pm for someone to give us a room with a King Bed, since agent helping us originally did not appear after the instruction was: go to enjoy the facilities and then come back later to give you a King Bed Room. Food has something special that makes it taste weird, maybe the oil used or it is very cooked or the especies used. We could never get along with the food until we booked the Italian restaurant.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for your comments, we are delighted you enjoyed our hotel, we pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value, we feel sorry you had some issues with your bed request, although we consider important to inform you that the room assignation is subjected to the availability of the Hotel as we do not guarantee bed requests. We truly value our guests and aim to make each guests stay pleasurable. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Jose
"Dirty Rooms!"
Rooms are dirty, mold, bugs, dirt. Staff at front desk do not care if your room is clean or not and managers do not care ! Very upset that these room were so dirty we could not sleep at night, DO NOT STAY HERE! The rooms look nothing like the pictures.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Our Resort ensures that prior to our valued guest’s arrival, all our rooms are carefully prepared and all the equipment in the rooms works properly. For this our housekeeping department revises throughout each room in order to provide our customers with all the amenities our clients require. We guarantee you that our competent staff works with their best disposition to accomplish all our guests’ requirements, within the diverse services of our operation. In addition to this, our maintenance department responds accurately to every customer request in order to reassure the comforting services our clients’ needs. In our Hotel we truly understand that the services our clients long for the most, are accommodation, food and beverage, therefore we are extremely careful in assuring our clients comforting accommodations, as it considerably influence our customer’s satisfaction and disposition to return. Your comments are appreciated as they provide us with the necessary feedback needed to continually assess and improve our processes. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Beware they stole my wedding ring!"
Very disappointed, the beach is good, the food is bad, but the worst thing here is that "someone" stole my engagement ring, I used to leave it in the safe, but after all long day excursion in Santo Domingo, we got so tired to the room ,that is why I just left my ring inside my makeup bag, and shut the bag with zipper, we went to the beach next day and when we come back and start to get ready to go dinner the ring was missing , obviously when they when to clean the room they opened the bag they dug into my stuff and stole it, I report it immediately but obviously could not do anything but apologize, and coincidentally it happened one day before returning home, even so I assume my responsibility or my carelessness in leaving my ring out of the safe but be careful because obviously delve into all your personal stuff though closures !!! Very disappointed, the beach is nice, too many beach vendors harass you all day, poor food, watery drinks, only one type of beer, and it concerns my ring took them almost a month just to tell me that unfortunately could not do anything :(
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for your feedback, we’re sorry we didn't provide the level of service expected from our hotel. Allow us to inform you that our Hotel offers a secure and familiar ambiance to our guests, our staff works with extra efforts towards ensuring that our property maintains the comfortable environment our valued customers require; for us is very uncharacteristic the situation you are describing us as this is not typical of our hotel and staff, we have addressed the issues you mentioned with our team in order to verify these situations, we strive to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Erika
The first room we originally were put in was terrible. It was all the way at the back. The balcony door would not lock, the fridge wasn't cooling, and front door eventually would not lock. We waited for 5 hours for towels and washcloths after we called 10 times. The next day the put us in another room and it was much better, no complaints. The resort is beautiful and the staff are very friendly. The food is ok but after eating it the first 3 days we were ready for outside food. The shows were great and the beach party at night was awesome.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are glad to know our service met your expectations. We are sorry to know you experienced some issues with your room and that the attention provided for some of our staff was not at the level of your expectations, we will be revising your comments with our management team. We hope we get to better serve you in the future. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
telisha
"Excelent vacations."
Great location and beach. Very very friendly staff. Good food.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you very much for your preference to Barceló Dominican Beach! The quality of our service is of up most importance to us and I am delighted to know that you have the opportunity to fully experience our staff great service. Our entire team stands ready to assist you with any special needs you may have for the future. Sincerely, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
7 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Nice hotel! Beautiful experience."
I would stay again and again. The hotel was nice. The service was excellent. Beach is so beautiful and private. Security around all the time.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay in our Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next vacation. Cordially, Radhamés Martínez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Nancy NYC
Very nice hotel. The food is good. The beach was great. The room was clean. The service was exceptional - everyone was extremely friendly.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for choosing to spend your vacations here at the Barceló Dominican Beach. On the behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our resort. Customer service is very important to our entire team and we are extremely honored to have served you well. We look forward to having you as our valued guest again in the near future. Thank you again for choosing the Barceló Dominican Beach. Cordially, Radhamés Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
7 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
"Mini broadway show performance every night!"
Perfect place to stay for someone who doesn't spent all of the time in the hotel room. Great for the money you pay. Hotel's staff is very nice and attentive. They serve deliciose food! And it's a mini broadway show performance every night with live music and dancers! I had a great time! I'll definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for choosing and taking the time to review us here at Barceló Dominican Beach. We are honored that you chose us for your vacations. We particularly thank you for your comments regarding our great service, food offer and entertainment program. We are very happy to hear you found your stay to be excellent. We look forward to seeing you again and wish you well on your future travels! Kind Regards Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Katerina
"Great deal at an affordable price"
It was a wonderful experience for me and my family (first time in Punta Cana, for us, but definitely not the last!). The place is very clean- we've got our little surprise every day, a towel-made swan with hibiscus flowers and clean sheets!- thank you, Alejandrina!! The restaurants and Buffet Mexicano have the best food we ever had, always fresh, always tasteful, not to mention the cleanliness of the place and all the friendly servers! Thank you: Yanira, Luiz, Eduardo, le chef Escalante (great show!!) and always happy- Feliz!!!! The bar is also great, diversified and with great, great people serving those drinks. Thank you Enso and Luzes! And not to forget our new friend, the bellboy- such a great heart: Raul!!!! The dancers/ animators definitely deserve a raise, we had a blast every night and day thanks to them!- thank you, Ramon, David, Yohanna, Enso, Mayra, Julay...all of you! Muchas gracias Eduardo! You, guys, made our leaving harder than ever- because of your friendly way to be and because you are part of that wonderful place! Great entertainment, we will come back next year! God Bless you all
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for choosing and taking the time to review us here at Barceló Dominican Beach. We particularly thank you for your comments regarding the attentions provided for our housekeeping staff, our bartenders and animation guys, we know that it is only because of them that we are able to offer you a magnificent service. We are very happy to hear you found your stay to be excellent. We look forward to seeing you again, for another wonderful vacation experience! Kind Regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Mihaela
"Great location and beach !!!"
This was a great hotel to stay at!!! It was a great location, staff were amazing, and the food was outstanding. There were a couple things broken in our room but I honestly didn't even care. You get what you paid for and what I paid was very little for such a great hotel. This hotel is great for its value and would stay here again!!!
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Barceló Dominican Beach. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories. Our entire team is looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future! Kind Regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
stacy
Location is great, reach and beautiful landscape, close to the ocean. I think the food should be more variable. That will attract more people to stay there. But, over all, we are happy!
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for your great review! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We truly appreciate your comments and are looking forward to your next stay with us at Barceló Dominican Beach. Kind Regards, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Alex
"Nice resort at a reasonable price."
I just got back from Punta Cana and I am very happy with my stay at Barcelo Dominican Beach. I don't normally write reviews but I wanted to express my satisfaction with this resort. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I am a picky eater and I thought the food was delicious, unlike other resorts I have stayed at in Punta Cana, this resort serves authentic Dominican food. I've stayed at another resort where they have Dominicans cooking European food and it comes out really gross and it makes you sick to your stomach. I felt that everything was close by and there was no need to walk far to get a bite to eat or go to the beach. I read a lot of negative reviews about this resort and I was expecting the worst but that was not the case. I highly recommend this resort if you want to be comfortable and not break the bank.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are honored you chose to stay with us and really appreciate all of the kind words you have for our resort and staff. I know that our staff members genuinely want our guests to have a fantastic time while visiting. Your praise is much appreciated. We certainly look forward to seeing you again and thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Susy
Room always felt sticky and was wet and the air conditioning never stopped going off. Hotel staff was wonderful and food was good. Everything but the room was nice.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. We thank you for you wonderful remark toward our staff service, though I am sorry to read that the room was less than ideal during your time with us. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make a future stay with us exceptional. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
taylor
"Try not to go during the weekend"
The room was dirty with leaks, bad shape. Got another room -- much better! The best part is the beach, since the hotel is literally on the beach. Food is so-so. The place had a nice vibe until the locals from Santo Domingo came in for the weekend. A zoo. Hotel staff is generally professional and speak many languages, but some will try to flirt and make inappropriate comments. I went alone and felt safe at all times.
Response by Barceló Dominican Beach - All Inclusive
Dear Client, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We would like to inform you that it is hotel policy to sell day passes to locals, as well as foreigners, who wish to enjoy our facilities for a day. It is important to outline that this is a regular procedure in most of the all-inclusive resorts in the world. We can assure you that this does not affect the services that we offer to the guests staying for a longer period. We will be revising your comments with our management staff for necessary measures to be implemented, in particular your comments toward the behavior of some of our staff members in order to avoid our customers from perceiving misleading attitudes from our personnel. I hope you will consider staying with us again so we have the opportunity to make your next visit exceptional. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Cordially, Radhames Martinez General Manager Barceló Dominican Beach
Other trip Aug 31, 2014