All hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights herePlaya Bávaro, Ave. Alemania A-B 108, Punta Cana, La Altagracia, 51101, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

Location is great, reach and beautiful landscape, close to the ocean. I think the food should be more variable. That will attract more people to stay there. But, over all, we are happy!
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Alex
"Nice resort at a reasonable price."
I just got back from Punta Cana and I am very happy with my stay at Barcelo Dominican Beach. I don't normally write reviews but I wanted to express my satisfaction with this resort. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I am a picky eater and I thought the food was delicious, unlike other resorts I have stayed at in Punta Cana, this resort serves authentic Dominican food. I've stayed at another resort where they have Dominicans cooking European food and it comes out really gross and it makes you sick to your stomach. I felt that everything was close by and there was no need to walk far to get a bite to eat or go to the beach. I read a lot of negative reviews about this resort and I was expecting the worst but that was not the case. I highly recommend this resort if you want to be comfortable and not break the bank.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Susy
Room always felt sticky and was wet and the air conditioning never stopped going off. Hotel staff was wonderful and food was good. Everything but the room was nice.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
taylor
"Try not to go during the weekend"
The room was dirty with leaks, bad shape. Got another room -- much better! The best part is the beach, since the hotel is literally on the beach. Food is so-so. The place had a nice vibe until the locals from Santo Domingo came in for the weekend. A zoo. Hotel staff is generally professional and speak many languages, but some will try to flirt and make inappropriate comments. I went alone and felt safe at all times.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
T
The restaurant servers are excelent they made our vacation wonderfull... the VIP package was the best choice we ever made...
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
cordelia
"insight"
The quality of service was great. They are very attentive to your needs. Unfortunately the food is not so great I didnt find it to appetizing. It was too bland.
3 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"NO glitz and glamour. Just relaxing"
Always have a great time here. Had some friends join us this time . They had a blast as well.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Gringo Loco
"Good if you are on a budget"
Nothing to really brag about the resort, if you are looking for a beautiful beach and place to crash on a budget than this is it. It's not fancy and the food is okay. The staff is very good and they go out of their way to make you happy. Our room was changed 4 times within 2 hours of checking into the resort. The staff was very helpful in making us comfortable. I would recommend this place if you are on a budget.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Loved the hotel,views,beach , staff,and activities"
The hotel was great.. I loved the palm trees and beautiful walk ways. The staff was great! So polite and friendly. An inclusive vacation worth taking. Activities everyday , buffet and restaurants free! And alcohol free as well. It's was great. Will be going back!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
teacher
"Great Get Away!"
Awesome time! Beach party was the bomb! Wish I could have stayed longer, but money ran low and I didn't want to use the ATM because it would have given me peso's not US $. But overall I would come back again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Great facilities, beach, and entertainment!! The rooms need upgrades ( old tv, cracked tiles) but hardly spend time in the room. Great friendly staff and the food was great!!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Johnny
"Horrible experience"
Jacuzzi had hair all over the place a the water stunk.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Horrible costumer service"
Hotel staff have attitude- including the banana boat and the boogie staff- Hotel condition: swimming pools dirty, as well as the beach- plastic cups and food all over the beach and no garbage cans around. Food at the buffet melting, no proper refrigeration, almost everyone who travel with us- group of 30 people- had stomach age and/or diarrhea, including myself. The excessive sodium in the food caused us fluid retention and body swelling. Room cleaning was very poor: soap, towels, tissue paper and toilet paper were missing. Poor Room comfort, we could hear noises from everywhere. I do not recommend this hotel to travelers.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Vivi
"Great for the young"
Lots of 20 somethings. grounds are real nice. Had a really good time! Most people are very pleasant and helpful. Transpo to/from airport is iffy with Blue. Food is good and everywhere all day. big selection. This is NOT an upscale hotel so don't expect glam. Go somewhere else. Only Sun, Rum, and food here that is apparently college student parodise.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
YoJo
Excellent staff, very friendly people special Julio from animation.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Borys
"amazing beach"
We didn't have beach view but it was not so bad. We got sick from the food. Shower curtains were dirty. For adults was just Ok shows and entertainment. We will look for another place next time Too many kids Beach amazing
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2014
"Bad place for a vacation"
Food was horrible place has roaches could not sleep due to noises will not recommend this place to my worst enemy
Josefina
"Great Vacations!!!!"
The hotel was ok for the price that we paid, it was such a great last minute deal. Friendly, polite, helpful and attentive staff. The hotel needs a little bit of TLC in the lobby, like the sofa's cushions.
Glen
"Tropical caribean beach hotel"
Great and excellent service. The restaurants are comfortable and the food is delicious. The beach is gorgeous and the pools invite for a bath in the morning or after the beach.
Renate
Poor rooms. 2 star at best. Ceiling leaked. Bed broke. Service poor.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Devon
"ok. that is all"
i didnt expend to much time there. I couldnt stay there so I think I cannot to talk about it properly
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
omar
"Perfect location to the beach"
The hotel was nice. We're not overly picky but the food selection was great for our two teenagers. Our room was two doors from the pool/bar and a minute from the beach. Perfect!
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Shannon
"Worst Experience ever in Punta Cana"
We had to call Expedia and complain... More than half of the amenities were closed. Food quality of the Buffet, very poor and non diverse.. The only good thing about the resort were the employees.. always trying to help you feel comfortable..
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Felipe
"1st all-inclusive"
So this was the first time ever I went out of the country as well as booking at all-inclusive hotel. as for my general impressions i thought that the hotel quite good! ( however because this is my first, it may be looked better then it is). i'll start with the food. most of the food were just rotating day-day with a major of the items featured morning to dinner. a good portion of it was bland however, I enjoy and tried a decent amount of food there that wasn't to bland. The Snack bar in between meals were quite enjoying ( i mostly ate the fries, the burger meat and hot dog was somewhat bland but I still found it enjoying. Next was the staff, a majority of the staff was great although most of them spoke only the native language however it didn't cause a big problem. so if you know the language, more power to you. The beach was nice and quite ( i went in late may, surprisingly from all the views it was a good time to go). I wasn't able to do 95% of the activities they host everyday however there were plenty of things to keep you busy. The Pool party looked fun too. I wasn't to much of a drinker but most of the non-alch was watered down but not to much to hate it. The alcohol was fair in grade. The rooms were. outdated but it didn't bothered me as others, i only need it to sleep after all. Lastly, the last night i said on a thursday i attended the night event. The staff really loved their job and what they did. 3.5/5 star price is good 4 what is offered. Would go again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Ven
lovely
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Nice hotel and friendly staff"
Although the rooms are a bit dated the grounds are exceptional. The dining was very good. I had a very good stay and would visit again.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Alex
WELL THIS TRIP WAS VERY VERY HEARTFELT AND INEXPRESSIBLE. fIRST I WILL SAY THE HOTEL/RESORT IS VERY VERY NICE THIS WAS MY FIRST ALL -INCLUSIVE TRIP OUT OF THE COUNTRY . FOR SOMEONE TRAVELLING SOLO IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE. THE ROOMS ARE OKAY FOR A COUPLE OR ONE PERSON. BATHROOMS CAN USE SOME UPGRADING. THE STAFF IS KINDA NOT TO FRIENDLY VERY DRY AND SPEAKS LITTLE ENGLISH WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE I GUESS. I DECIDED TO GO ON A TOUR OF DOMINICAN REPUBLIC I WOULD HIGHLY HIGLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE TAKING A TRIP TO PUNTA CANA OR DOMINICAN REPUBLIC IT TRULY OPENS YOUR EYES TO A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL OF RESPECT AND APPRECIATION.IF YOU PURCHASE ONE OF THE ACTIVITIES BE AWARE IT IS HIGHER THAN YOU WOULD PAY ON THE RESORT WITH ONE OF THE ADVISORS.. THERE ISN'T ALOT OF SHOPPING PLAZA'S OR STORE AROUND KEEP THAT IN MIND.
Other trip May 27, 2014
TROY
"Enjoyed our 6 nights."
We really enjoyed the stay at Barceló Dominican Beach and would recommend it to our friends/family. The mid-May rates were very reasonable and all three of us (my wife, adult daughter and I) felt welcomed and well cared for - we had no problems as English speakers. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, which was in need of a refresh, particularly the tub. That said, everything worked, including the A/C. albeit a tad loudly. The excursion rates were reasonable, and only one day, Friday, did they allow street vendors into the resort - so we were shielded from the constant "marketing" that is commonplace in the Caribbean. The nightly entertainment was fun and there were many pool options as well as a nice beach. The included buffet and drinks were average but the restaurants (reservations were required and tips expected, but the meal was included) were a notch better, particularly the Italian. Free daily shuttles to 2 shopping centers were also a nice. The 4 out of 5 rating reflects the value, Barceló isn't a ritzy, top-notch resort, but we had a fun, affordable family vacation.
5 night family trip May 13, 2014
randy c
"Poor quality"
Rooms not clean. No casino. A/C.... I had to change rooms 4 times.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Nice hotel, great staff but horrible food"
The staff is great, the hotel facilities are fine but the food is AWFUL. Really, trust me. When I read the hotel reviews I thought that couldnt be that bad, but yes its food variety is very poor. Lack of proteins in buffet, no bacon for breakfast.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Anita
"Hell Pit"
Worst stay ever. Frozen food and two rooms flooded with water for different reasons - do not stay here!
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Great hotel, great location"
It was great to walk a few steps to the beach equipped with lounge chairs and bar. The staff were all so nice and friendly. There were always activities and music playin all the time so it just encouraged us to want to join in on the fun.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Great hotel, great location"
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Worst resort EVER!!!"
I have 15 yrs going to Punta Cana & this is by far the worst resort I have ever stayed at. I would NEVER recommend this resort to anyone. Stay away. Just as an FYI, my family and I are not up tight individuals so this hotel really had to stick it up for me to type this review.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Great for the value"
Friendly, relaxing and easy going. You pay for what you get. Yes, the food is nothing special nor are the drinks. However, the beach, pool and grounds are very nice. Perfect for 4 days and 3 nights.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"PALM TREE"
THE TERRIBLE ROOM, EVERYTHING IS BROOK, VERY DORY, FOOT TERRIBLE. I NEVER GO BACK AGAIN.
Other trip May 9, 2014
MARY
"Don't stay here unless your Russian"
Staff are rude to Americans. Lots of Russians. Also not safe around hotel. Bad food as well. Only positive is that that changed my room after I begged for it as water was leaking all over my room!
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Don't stay here unless your Russian"
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Very friendly staff and delicious food"
I went with my husband and my 2 children (4 years & 7 months). We loved it! I would suggest renovations on rooms (Led TV, etc), but apart from that, the rest was very nice. I would recommend it 100%!
4 night family trip Apr 23, 2014
Natalia
We spent there six wonderfull days. Congratulations Barcelo Dominican Beach.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
marco
"Standard rooms"
The resort was ok for what we paid. We reserved two rooms each room had problems. The air condition did not work in one room and the other room the door did not lock. Both rooms were dirty and refrigerators were rusty among other things. They said no other rooms were available at that time. The next day we were able to upgrade to suits for more money. That was so nice right sounds like a scam to me. We were not the only people they did this to our whole group had to upgrade. One room the shower did not work. The suits were good but nothing spectacular. Very disappointed
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Hotel review"
The hotel has gorgeous design, however the hotel rooms are old and need updating. The worst part of the hotel was the staff they were very rude. The staff also spoke very little english. The hotel sits right on the beach with a beautiful view. The pools were awesome. The food was amazing at the restrauants, the buffets were good but not amazing, and the snack bars were displeasing. The options for water sports was very convenient and fun. The entertainment at night was fun. The club was not what I am used to in the u.s., very low key. This hotel is definitely recommended for a relaxing couple who wants to get away not a spring break stop.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Alicia
Food was not good at all. Wasn't impressed with anything.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Kris
"Room shuffle and power outage"
Upon check in I was places in a king bed room, but I booked a double bed; I had to wait for the correct room. The second day I was moved because our room was on a list to be fumigated! Others we traveled with had the same experience. On our third day areas of the resort lost power; by the end of the day the whole resort was without power. Power was restored by bedtime, but with no explanation. Overall it was an OK stay, but in 2008 I stayed at the Paradisus, which was much nicer. I am more likely to recommend Paradisus in Punta Cana than Barceló Dominican Beach.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
lindsey
"Bad All-Inclusive, You Get What You Paid For"
Just came from a much nicer all-inclusive in Cabo for the same price point. The facilities were falling apart; for example, we didn't have electricity in our room the last day, which was a shame. The hotel's food was pretty bad and the all-inclusive did not include a lot of things. Beach is nice, but crowded. Staff is oftentimes rude, given they do not have to work for tips. Also, hardest thing in this hotel was getting drinkable water.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Claire
"nice beach! worse food and Drinks ever!"
The beach at this resort is really Nice...The drinks are the worse drink i have ever tried in my life. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGERATION!!! I did NOT like the food..Staff are friendly...I always tip them as it is not thier fault food is not good. Fausto was really helpful and friendly. the music and the "shows" are so loud that you can't even relax for a minute. I will not go back ever!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Merary
"A GOOD GETAWAY"
The hotel is decent but the rooms are dated and the bathtub has cracks. Staff is friendly. The beach towels smell and the food is awful. But if you can get over that like I did, you will have a great stay there.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
SuperJ
"Nice hotel for a short stay. Good service!"
It was just a one night stay which for the price was very good. The staff is very attentive and nice. For what we needed this hotel fit the bill.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Great beach, simple amenities"
Overall the beach was great, but the food needs a lot of work so don't have any high expectations. Room was comfortable and simple all you really need to get by. Staff was friendly
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
danie
"Great spring break destination."
This hotel has the most personable, friendly, and helpful staff. It was obvious that employees loved their jobs. Definitely got more than what we paid for and were extremely satisfied with our spring break experience. Comfortable rooms, decent food, great beach, delicious drinks and lots of activities. Would recommend to my college friends!
Other trip Mar 14, 2014