All hotels in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas

Decent vibe
  • Beach
    Beach is poor
"Good place to stay"
Even though I wasnt thrilled when I first saw the hotel, the experience ended up being very positive. The staff was awesome (specially Geene, who helped me out every minute I spent there) and very friendly. That's not something you find everywhere in the Bahamas. You can also walk to Port Lucaya and it's relatively close to everywhere. I'm happy I stayed there.
3 night trip Mar 12, 2016
Maria
I was given a room that looked so unappealing where I was greeted by a rust-covered refrigerator as soon as I walked into the room. I immediately requested for another room. This time the room looked better with very basic but functionable amenities. Doors nearby are very loud though banging.p all day and night. Staff was very nice. Restaurant very decent and affordable.
5 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
"Clean hotel near on the water canal."
My trip was last minute so I didn't have the budget to get something 4 star. It was an older hotel that needs upgrades but the maid staff kept it very clean. The location was right across from the Port Lucaya shopping plaza which made it a perfect location to watch the fireworks go off on New Years Day. We had no idea we would be able to see the fireworks from our room balcony it was awesome!!
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
Mish
"Ehhhh"
It was inexpensive, but a bit run down. Had I know, I would have splurged for a better place.
4 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2015
Tiffany
"Awesome service!"
Our ONLY complaints were that the beds were small and uncomfortable and that the AC was just an on/off system so it was either cold or hot. Staff is AMAZING! Room was spotless daily! We took advantage of the free shuttle to Taino beach which saved us about $10 each way. Beautiful view of the bay, 24 hour pool, AMAZING food upstairs at the restaurant. Tips: bring your own coffee (they charge $2.15 for a pack of coffee and cash only) and ask to use coffee maker. They have pool and beach towels available for free at the desk. For those into scuba, they have their own boat/tours so no trips needed to book through another company! We felt like royalty and family the entire time!
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
"Nice location"
Facilities are a bit outdated and that is why I can't give the best rating but this is value for money, especially if you're looking to save some money. Staff friendly and nice location close to Lucaya area. Restaurant is a nice one with good selection that won't bust your wallet.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
JJ
"The best hotel for the price."
The hotel itself was not the prettiest but the staff was incredibly wonderful. It felt like a locals hang out where everyone was very relaxed and friendly. The restaurant was excellent.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Place for budgeted travelers"
The staff is very nice in this hotel, and there is a restaurant in site. To go to the beach you must take a bus and go to another hotel. Marketplace (Lucayo center) is about 15 minutes walking or $8.00-10.00 away in taxi. There is a pool in the hotel, but for everything else you have to go somewhere else.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Martina
"Freeport holiday break."
The front desk and concierge staff were super nice and helpful. The hotel is pretty outdated. The pool is very small needs up keeping. The rooms are pretty large but outdated and need a mi The hotel is pretty outdated. The pool is very small needs up keeping. The rooms are pretty large but outdated and need a microwave.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Yussi
"Rooms are really clean.staffs are super friendly.."
I husband and I had a great stay at bell channel hotel.
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Daniela
"Nice, clean and friendly"
A quick night stay for 5 people, 2 rooms. Flew 2 small airplanes in and needed a hotel for the night that was not to expensive. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Enjoyed our welcome drink. Then walked into the tourist area, (about 15 minutes away). We were warned to take a cab back! Over all a nice stay. I would stay here again if my husband and I come back alone to dive. There is a small dive boat on site.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
jeannie
"Nice,older place"
A little dated, but a nice, clean, comfortable place. Could use a new mattress........ Nice restaurant/locals bar upstairs. Jeannie, who calls herself the social director, was fantastic. Was a little scared she was sucking us into a time share presentation, but she really is just there making things easy for guests. She arranged rides that were less expensive, told us about places we might not have otherwise known about, answered all our questions. She'll arrange any number of activities - she's worth meeting. Pool right outside first floor rooms, with a deck you better watch your toes on. Really great setting - right on the channel with great relaxing atmosphere. Would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Elaine
"Good place to sleep and base site seeing"
Nice quit place while on business. If your looking for hotel extravagance and luxury not your place. If you are not going to live in hotel room not a bad place to sleep, shower and store your things. Very reasonable price. Needs updated but has fridge and mini kitchen counter area to buy food and pit stop at room. Up stairs resturaunt has good food and a great staff. Happy hour locals are friendly also. Good place to learn diving too.
4 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Randy
"Awesome Stay"
Had an awest me stay at Bell Channel. Could not ask for better and more friendly staff. Genie is so helpful with everyone. They really do treat you like family and it's so nice when you don't know anything about the island.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Kyle
"Lovely little Inn"
My boyfriend and I stayed here just one night and had a great experience. They are very helpful with info on what to do, you get a free Bahama Mama upon check in and they offer a free daily shuttle to a beautiful local beach. Breakfast was delicious at their restaurant as well. If you find yourself in Grand Bahama I would choose this over one of the resorts any day.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Katherine
"good hotel, dive shop and boat at hotel"
everyone at hotel were just great, room was big, showing some age but everything was in good working order, fridge in room a big plus, balcony with table and chairs was a nice place to sit in the evening, ate and drank at bar and restaurant upstairs, food was great as was the staff. within a mile was night life and casino at port lucaya. For me having a dive shop at hotel was great, capt. Presley and dive master Jerry were one of the best crews i've dove with, small number of divers, between 3 and 5 on my dives, capt and jerry are very helpful with any of your diving needs, short boat trips to great sights, vis was 100ft or more. Walked out of hotel and within 50 ft. I was on the boat. Had a real good experience at the bell channel and I will be back
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
curley
"No Stress"
My sister & I treated ourselves to a pre-Christmas get-away in Freeport, Grand Bahamas. Everyone @ Bell Channel Inn was SO pleasant & accommodating. Liz(owner)& Helen(front desk clerk)greeted us. Cloe(the barmaid & server)served us complimentary drinks(Bahama Mamas)after check-in. This hotel has been ran(and still is)by same family for 3 generations. The building is old, but has a comfortable homey atmosphere. Our room on the 3rd floor over-looked the channel & was only few doors down from bar/restaurant. There were few minor flaws in room from age, wear & tear, but towels & linens were nice & clean. The restaurant food was very good & reasonably priced. We ate breakfast there every day. Lucayan Marketplace is only a 10-15 minute walk away for shopping. No other hotel could have treated us more like family than BCI. Thank you & Merry Christmas Liz, Cloe, Denise, Samantha, Saralee, all staff & all your families!
3 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Judy
"Great little spot"
My girlfriend and I were blown away. This was our first big trip together, and the Bell Channel Inn was so quaint, with such a warm staff, an amazing concierge, and their on site restaurant, Upstairs, was amazing. Everyone was so lovely and their advice on where to go and what to do really helped us enjoy ourselves to the fullest.
4 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"No go"
If you have a minimum expectation of cleanliness, like when you are from Central Europe, don't go there. We can't understand why this hotel is rated so good. If you don't care about the significant lack of cleanliness (dirt, hairs on the floor, the bed and shower), the need of renovation and the Mosquitos in the room, go there. 110$ for this? Never again! We had room c1. The only thing, that was working was the wifi in the LOBBY! But the cleanliness seems to be a general problem of hotels on grand bahama. We are not used to 5-star hotels, but if you find a hotel, that is rated the second best out of all here, one could expect that the room is clean and acceptable.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Overnight Guest"
I thought the staff customer service was not very good, and most seemed to have little or no interest in helping you. I thought the rooms were a bit dated and run down looking, and we spent most of our stay without power which made for a hot room. Your charged additional fees after you book that your not made aware of, and the mattresses are really uncomfortable. The best part was the pool.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"it was awesome, I loved my stay there"
I loved my trip and experience, I will be back to visit and stay at this hotel and the restaurant OMG the boil fish was AWESOME. ...
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Kivarlo Smith
Room was spacious clean and very comfortable bed restaurant had great food friendly staff great location close to everything
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Cute little hotel with a friendly staff."
The hotel in itself is cute and the staff very helpful and courteous but the water pressure was a joke. And the water was always cold for bathing. But we did turn the heater on a little late cause we didnt know you have to turn it on. When I tried to bathe it was like being locked by a camel but worse. The water pressure was so weak only a small trickle came out. Other then that it was ok. If they fix the water pressure for the rooms they would probably get another star in ratings.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Alma
"Great environment frequented by locals"
Locals use this place so it has to be good especially the restaurant. Staff was excellent - helpful and knowledgeable.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Basic Good Hotel"
The hotel is basic but clean. The staff are excellent and the small bar / restaurant was really good value.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Very friendly staff"
Good location and friendly staff. Had a great time.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Exellent hotel for the price"
I work as a marine mechanic in the Bahamas and I stay at bell channel every time..I am well known here but since my first stay all of the hotel staff are friendly and helpful...there is also a restaurant and bar here with good food and a pool.it is a short walk to the lucaya market place where the expensive hotels are..it is also very quiet here at bell channel..I highly recommend it..
5 night trip Jan 28, 2014
burlison
"Not too far from beach"
You need to stay at a beach front hotel to get to the beach close to the hotel. No microwave. Small TV but no TV Guide for the cable. Staff are nice and there is a restaurant at the hotel. If you have a way to get to the beach then it's a cheap way to go but I wanted a hotel where I can walk to the beach.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Nice hotel. Older but extremely well amintained"
Staff is wonderful. Dive boat at hotel with excellent operator. Can catch fish right off of pool deck in channel. Older but clean as a pin and perfectly maintained. Most of room is modern but bathroom fixtures are dated but still in perfect working order. Close to Port Lucaya but without the high prices. Excellent restaurant on premises with very good pricing.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Like Home"
The Inn shows it's age and isn't the most modern stay, but was comfortable nonetheless. You get what you pay for. This is a genuine mom & pop stay with amazing staff who are more then happy to assist with plans. There isn't direct beach access but it's located on the water. I'd visit again.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"Good deal for the price"
Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Room was very clean and served our purpose well. Highly recommend especially for the price and location.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great hotel at good location"
My wife and I only spent one night at this hotel because we moved to our timeshare location the following night. But our stay was very comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and the hotel is conveniently located across the bay from the Lucaya marketplace. The hotel also has a dive shop on-site, so we signed up to dive with their team, Presley and Jerry. My wife had been wanting to get scuba certified, and they made it possible.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2013
Billy Joe and Bahama Mama
"Good Place Nice People"
Just what we expected. Very clean and even did our laundry and had an ice machine to fill our coolers
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Take the Bait Charters
"Nice Place good value"
We really liked this place. Restaurant upstairs was nice and they even do your laundry at this place. Everyone very friendly. Definitely stay there again.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Take the Bait

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"ok hotel"
hotel staff real nice
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2016
STEWART
IN
"Incredible stay!"
Wow! from the moment we checked in we were overwhelmed by the patience and friendliness of the team here. The rooms were in great condition. I was very surprised to see how much space we had. There was a small fridge with a sink/counter area. A table and chair set on the patio and in the room. The room was made up each day, and towels replaced. The staff went above and beyond to make this stay a great on for us. We walked to the market almost once a day, it was a great evening stroll. the grocery store is a few mins the other way, but close enough to walk to get a few things. Restaurant was soooo good! Great prices and atmosphere. We will be back for sure our next time on Grand Bahama! If you are a diver, the boat is out the back door, with Presley and Gerry. The diving was the reason we booked here, and were not disappointed. The pool area is quiet and the hotel is noise free at night.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Cassandra
"Get-away"
Very nice balcony overlooking channel. Comfortable relaxing Island living effect.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Gwendolyn
MX
"convenient, friendly and great food"
Very helpful staff and a good atmosphere.
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2015
Paula
"Budget hotel in a good location"
Hotel is situated on the waterfront, in a sort of walking distance to the Lucayan Market. However it is far from the beach. You must take a taxi wherever you need to go at a minimum of $8. Rooms and facility are very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant and bar on site provide good meals and drinks at a reasonable price. Great spot for divers since the hotel has own diving facility and a boat.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Mercaggie
"Great location - poorly maintained hotel"
Sub-standard upkeep, typical of many islands in the Caribbean. Door to patio does not lock. Handle missing and duct tape over the opening. Dirt and dust behind bedside tables. Light switch on light about table sparks when turned. Air conditioner noisy and blows directly on the bed. WIFI only working in lobby - nothing in the rooms. Staff friendly but beleaguered.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Comfortable with local cuisine"
Front desk and front info staff really helpful with understanding area and connecting us with best transportation advice.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Hotellets beliggenhed er alt for lang fra byen og stranden.
4 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2015
DK
"Excellent séjour !!"
Super séjour ! Mama des Bahamas était là si nous avions des questions, nous avions une navette comprise avec l'hôtel qui nous emmenait dans une plage privée réservée à 2 hôtels clubs donc le Bell Channel inn club, il y avait une immense piscine avec bar dans l'eau (comme dans une grotte), jacuzzi ... C'était vraiment génial. Les 2 seuls points négatifs sont : - nous n'avions pas beaucoup de réseau dans la chambre on devait a chaque fois être dans le balcon, près du balcon ou à la réception. - il n'y a pas de petite kitchenette dans la chambre juste un petit réfrigérateur donc nous étions obligées de manger tout le temps à l'extérieur. En tout cas, c'était une excellent séjour aux Bahamas !!
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
SARAH
FR
"Erholung pur"
sehr freundliches und hilfsbereites Personal in einer ruhigen Umgebung, lediglich im hoteleigenen Restaurant war es häufig unangenehm laut aufgrund der sich ständig dort an der Bar treffenden Menschen, weshalb ich trotz der sehr guten Küche nur einige Male im Restaurant gegessen habe.
14 night trip Mar 10, 2015
regina
DE
"Gesamtkonzept stimmt"
Gute lage!! Rund 10 min fußweg bis an mehr!! Für diesen preis unschlagbar!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
DE
"Bom e barato"
Vale a pena, hotel limpo com staff sempre simpaticos e solicitos. Unico problema é a distancia da praia (20 min andando)
4 night trip Feb 7, 2014