All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1050 de la Gauchetiere West, Montreal, QC, H3B 4C9, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Vdery nice hotel, convinient location."
This is a very nice hotel, professional and friendly staff with exceptional housekeeping and seamless issue resolution. French/English speaking staff, makes your stay enjoyable and comfortable. Our room was a nice size for 2 with comfortable beds and wonderful gorgeous view of downtown Montreal (ask for a park view if possible). Parking is a bit tight, as well as the traffic. Leave your car home if you can. Public transportation is in a close proximity and Metro is right underneath the hotel. There is an easy access to airport by bus 747(30 min). We would return back!
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
Ms.B.
"Marriott is overrated AND overpriced"
I will NEVER stay in the Marriott Hotel. The staff is horrible. My family and I arrived and were not greeted properly by the hotel receptionist upon check in. Isn't is customary to say something like "hello welcome to the Marriott"? Both hotel staff members just stared and didn't say anything while I waited in line to check in. I had to speak up and ask if they can help me. I was the only customer in line. Management needs to train their staff. And, the worst part of the ordeal was our room was not ready and were instructed to come back in one hour. One hour may not seem such a big deal but after 12 hours of flying we were exhausted. We waited in the lobby in direct view of the Hotel staff members. The least they could have done was let us know our room was ready. Not one hotel staff member did. The Marriott although offers free internet service has Poor internet service. I couldn't at times get internet access to review a simply email. I complained to the staff and one staff member said the free internet service they offer is the basic. And, if I wanted to upgrade there was an additional fee which was outrageously priced. I got so frustrated and called the hotel staff again to complain. I finally received help from their computer specialist who gave be a special code to access. He said too may people flood the internet and due to basic internet service they offer this becomes problematic. He agreed if more people complain they will do something.
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Hi Kara - first and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your disappointments regarding our hotel. Though very critical, your comments are important to us. There is no excuse for our agents being un-welcoming or more helpful upon your arrival. First impressions make all the difference. You concerns with internet are noted - though I assure you it was an isolated situation that was hardware related. As for windows, yes, they are due for a cleaning and that is planned in the coming weeks and done regularly. I am sorry it was not done prior to your visit.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
KARA
The experience was awesome. The hotel employees was knowledgeable about location of events and very kind.
5 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Brenda
"Great spot at a great price"
The location is great if you want to tour areas of Montreal each day. We walked and used Bixi bikes to get around and left the car parked. The hotel staff gave one of our rooms the wrong paper and the other no paper at all, which was odd, but that was the only mistake the whole four days. The rooms weren't large, but they were not cramped either. They were quite comfortable and we really enjoyed staying here and would do so again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"Excellent front desk staff"
Great stay, helpful staff great location and services. The only thing that they holded 250 $ for the mini bar yet they forgot to provide the key :)
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Khaled
"Quality stay at nice Marriott"
The hotel had all the amenities one would expect of a Marriott including a pool, a restaurant and bar on the premises, underground parking, concierge, gift shop and a very nice addition was that there is an elevator to the subway in the lobby. The concierge was very helpful and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The hotel was a few blocks from downtown located in a place where there was some road construction on one side, a small park across the street in front of the hotel and and office building next to an open lot behind the hotel. Not a big deal, but not located right in the middle of all the action either where one could walk right outside to shopping or restaurants. The hotel was aging a bit. The building is clearly several decades old and it shows. The hotel was still nice, but one won't confuse it with a hotel built in the 21st century either. Overall we had a great stay at a reasonable price. I would certainly consider staying at this Marriott again.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Grey M
"Last stop of tour of Ontario/Quebec..............."
Overall enjoyed our stay. It was the long weekend, therefore, the service was lacking, i.e. they did not have enough staff available at check in/check out at the valet/greeting area. One bellman was taking care of 3 parties at once, while one just watched him work! Yes, he was the bell captain, but at noontime check out, all these cars and people at the door, it would have been more efficient if he assisted with the processing of the vehicles and packing of the cars....perhaps better planning or adding people from other areas of the hotel to help at check out/check in times. Seems that was a problem daily as we stayed there three days.......Although the immediate area was nice, walking back later at night from Rue Sherbrooke was a bit of a challenge, as there were several strip clubs spilling out on the street with party goers quite rowdy, blocking the sidewalks. Being city folk, we were able to maneuver our way back, but for those unfamiliar with cities, best take a cab back to the hotel later in the evening to avoid any drama. We had a teenage girl with us so we were very careful whereever we walked to avoid some of the street drama of drunken men and their "escorts". Yes, quite the explanation that evening, but overall, would stay there again.......
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Canadatraveller
"Montreal"
we enjoyed the overall stay at the marriott - great location within walking distance of old Montreal and what we thought was the 'georgetown' of Montreal, the St Catherine's Street area.
5 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Safana Ahmed
Was guaranteed two beds, only got one, had to sleep on the floor! !
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Very sorry that we did not accommodate your request for a room with 2 beds. I assure you if it has been available we would have done all we could to assign it to you. The fact someone in your group had to sleep on the floor is unfortunate to say the least and you have my sincerest apologies.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Weekend away with my mom"
Montreal is such a great walking city. Would definitely go back and would definitely stay at the Marriott. Great location and everyone there was very helpful, especially the great ladies that worked the concierege desk. They were fantastic with directions, ideas of places to go and were very helpful. Check in was a bit strange as the man at the front desk pretty much told me what floor I was on & handed me my keys. Nothing about the hotel, no map, didn't say where the elevator was or even room # I was staying in. I felt like he wanted to just get ride of me as fast as possible. Other than that, every thing was great. Parking garage right next door was great. $20 a day to park your car, so worth it.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel in the heart of Montreal"
This hotel was well priced, and right in the middle of the action. We asked to a room on a high floor (got the 22nd) and had a magnificent view of downtown Montreal. Room was clean and comfy.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Miles
"Saint Joseph Cathedral is a must see"
I would recommend this hotel to anyone but be prepare to shell out a little extra.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"close to all must-see sights and excellent service"
Excellent Room service , very convenient location
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
krishna
"Great Location!"
We came to Montreal for a family vacation and were thrilled to stay at the Marriott Chateau Champlain. The staff were amazing. Our check-in was flawless after a long day of travel. We were so pleased with out room and its amazing view that we often hated to leave it! The room was pristine in terms of cleanliness. It was brand new as if it were recently redone. The large windows were the highlight and shared the beautiful view of the city. The concierge was priceless. Everyday she helped us find great things to do like museums, shopping, site seeing, and we even spent a day at Osheaga, which was truly the highlight of our trip. Our children loved it! If I had the opportunity to go to Montreal again, I would most definitely stay in this hotel. I had absolutely no problems with anything. It was clean, the service was superb and the overall location of the hotel was perfect. I can't believe this hotel doesn't have 5 stars! xoxo! Loved it!!!!
7 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
"Transportation friendly"
Loved that we could access subway directly from our hotel or could walk just two blocks to get the hop on/ hop off tour bus. On another note, we had a room that connected with another room and personnel failed to leave this door locked, so we were very disappointed when we realized this huge security breach. Thank God nothing happened... They did come up with the key to lock the door (it's not something a guest can do on their own) as soon as it was reported.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Gina
"Great location to concert"
Our only concern was the comfort of the hard mattress. Woke up with back ache and feeling still. Need to put on a topper to soften the feel
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great hotel close to everything"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel is 5 minute walk to Rue St. Catherine for great food and shops; also to central station for trains. 15 min walk to Old Port area/Notre Dame. Pretty safe area to walk even at night.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
E
This hotel exceeded my expectations. The rooms were a little small but they were extremely clean. The surrounding area is great for going out and finding delicious food and diverse shopping options. There is also a metro station right inside the hotel making the city very accessible. This stay was amazing and deserves a great rating.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Trip to McGill University"
Room was nice with a nice view. We used Metro and station was right there. A bit of a walk to McGill but manageable. Hotel a bit dated. Could some modernizing. Ate at dominion Pub which was very close and food was very good. We did have one service issue with a clerk having to do with parking but most employees were fine.
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Thank you for your positive survey. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and our location. Hope to serve you soon!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Pete
"desk clerk went out of her way to be helpful"
We were there when it was completely booked but she found a way to get us (our parents and my daughter and I) connecting rooms.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
beth
"Excellent hotel"
Outstanding hotel
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Bimal Nepal
Great hotel! The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"hotel is with in walking distance for shopping"
Hotel staff had a hard time covering parking attendants attitudes. Parking attendants were mocking us in French thinking we only spoke English. The problem was rectified by hotel mgt.
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Hi Gary - thank you very much for your feedback. Our apologies for the unacceptable behaviour of the valet service. I assure you this is being corrected.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"5 days in Montreal"
Very good stay, valet was a little slow in the mornings. It was an easy walk to old town and saint Catherine street. Underground shopping was easy.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Convenient to all locations."
The Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain is a very nice hotel with extremely helpful staff. The hotel has its own metro stop which can be accessed from the hotel lobby via elevator. Once on the metro it was easy to get to all of the locations that we wanted. (Metro is Canadian for subway - but it is cleaner and more frequent than New York, although it does get crowded). You can actually go from your room to the lobby, take a different elevator down into the Metro, and walk underground to the Bell Centre, which is like a block away. It is a pleasant experience. It is clean and does not smell, and is much quieter than NY subways.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Gustave
"In the center of everything we wanted to see."
Went to the Jazz Fest and saw Michael Bublé at the Bell Center. Then on to Quebec. Canadians are much nicer than my fellow Americans (sorry to say).
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Julian
"Bed request not honored"
I booked a double bed room through Hotels.com. Upon arrival, I was told my room request was only a request and not guaranteed. Was told if I booked through the hotel directly they would have guaranteed my request. Buyer beware!
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Don
Very good. I hope to come back again in the near future.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
NickG
"Wonderful location.."
Our room was pleasantly spacious and comfortable... The gorgeous view of the city below drew you to the window each time upon entering the room.., The staff was engaging and personable... The location allowed for easy access to the city... Why stay anywhere else when you have everything within reach :)
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
marion Louise
"Pricey!"
Old hotel, way too expensive for what you get. Definitely old looking in most respects. Service was excellent.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Ridiculously overpriced breakfast buffet, mostly cold. Waitstaff is poorly trained. Don't miss it if you want to feel ripped off. Channel changer was not in the room. Had to wait 20 minutes while the technician reprogrammed the tv.
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I do apologize for the wait for the tv remote control and will share your comments regarding our breakfast buffet pricing with our Food and Beverage Manager. I hope this will not stop you for considering our hotel in the future.
"weekend in Montreal"
my wife , daughter & I went to see/hear a Montreal Jazz Fest concert & saw Cirque De Soleil as well. Spent a very nice weekend in Montreal.
eric
"Hotel above a Metro Stop"
We loved staying in this hotel. The windows in the room were unique and provided spectacular views. The hotel had plenty to offer in terms of shops for food, a Starbucks on site, and a small convenient store. We really loved the fact that the hotel was an actual metro stop! There was an elevator that took us directly under the hotel to catch the metro which made traveling around the big city very convenient. Good location and within walking distance to Saint Catherine St. where there was plenty of shopping and eating. Great stay!
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Erin
"Not at all expected from a big name hotel"
While we checked in and everything went fine and without a hitch. It soon turned down hill from the moment we got into our room and wait for our luggage, and waited and waited and waited. Finally I call down and the front desk tells me they will be right up with our things. We wait longer until we've had enough. It may be petty to some but I for one will not stand for it and besides the money that is spent, with something like keeping a guest's belongings with the guest in one of the most well known hotel chains in the world. Bad form Mariott, two thumbs down.
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
Joseph Perez
"Small bathroom"
Bathroom very small for a property like this. Vanity, toilet and tub in one room, the door had to be all the way open or close to use the facility.
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Hello Verified traveler, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Jazz fest visit"
Close to event and many places to eat
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Lovely Hotel"
In general, you can't go wrong with Marriott. This hotel is no exception. The décor is pleasing, but definitely feels a little older. The rooms are nice, very clean and comfortable. Love the half-moon windows that really open up the room and makes them feel airy and bright. Beds are comfy, and the room was quiet. The hotel staff was super nice and helpful. We ate dinner one night in the lounge and the food was quite tasty.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Lola
"Lovely Hotel"
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Lola
"Nice hotel in downtown."
Nice place, wonderful people! Will come back again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Filomena
Great hotel, we stay there every year at F1 weekend.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Elegant"
Old world charm conveniently connected to metro & underground mall. Everyone who worked there was very friendly, accomodating, & informative. There was no sosp in our room upon arrival, but was delivered within minutes of our call to room service. Lovely stay.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Kimberly
I have a nice time, the hotel provide a very good service. It is a very good hotel>
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Price really high. Room size . Condition worst"
Size of room is small. Bath room is tiny. Nothing special. I paid 350 per nite
Response by Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain
Thank you for your post. Very sorry to read that our hotel rooms did not meet your expectations.
Other trip May 31, 2014
The Hotel is near all attractions walking distance you can see Old Montreal, Cathedrals, shopping and the metro runs underneath the hotel which makes it very convenient to visit other areas and attractions in Montreal. The only negative is that the carpet in the hotel public areas looked dinggy and had an old smell but the rooms are clean, the view is excelent and the service is great.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Leo
We were just finishing a 17 day cruise from FL. Up the Atlantic coast stopping at Charleston SC., Newport RI, Bar Harbour, and 7 stops in Canada, ending in Montreal. The Marriott Chateau Champlain was outstanding place to spend our last two days before returning to Southern California.
2 night family trip May 17, 2014
"Nice, solid downtown hotel"
This is a exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott downtown - nice but not super fancy. I had a great view from my high-floor room. The curved window is different. I didn't eat in the hotel - Chinatown is a 10-15 walk away and had a good (really cheap) dinner there.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Hilary
"Nice hotel but staff needs to be more attentive."
Great hotel, great location, and spacious. There staff needs to be a bit more attentive. When I arrived the girl at the desk confirmed that I had double beds. When I arrived to the room it was a king. Request for help with the heat no showed, but ended up figuring it out my self.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Very nice"
Very high level of service in all departments. Would definitely return.
3 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Vermonters in Montreal"
Overnight for Stars On Ice- Perfect Location
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2014
"Amazing view of downtown Montreal"
I highly recommend this hotel if for nothing else the views of the city. The rooms open up to a large semi-circle window that creates an unique atmosphere with the city in the background. Very cool.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2014