All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Beautiful beach
    Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
    Bad internet service
"Good hotel near partyzone"
Affortable prices and very centre location near major nightclubs. Still quiet and suitable also for familys with children. Wifi didint work in our room. I highly recommend this hotel if you are low budget and going to party in cancun.
2 night trip Jan 7, 2014
"Hotel staff is incompetent completely"
It was a tough experience explaining to the staff that I paid for 3 adults and therefore my son should be treated as an person with all the entitlements, e.g. be given a bath towel in our room. It took several calls from Expedia to settle the issue.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Don't choose this one!"
Stay anywhere else!
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
Carolina
"good as far as location"
Everything is walking distance. If thats all that matters, it was perfect for the price we paid, which was a lot lower than what the hotel had advertised in their lobby. No wifi in the room, only in the pool area and the lobby. The beds arent that comfortable. But like i said LOCATION!! was awesome. If you want to save a bit of $$ & just need a nearby place to rest your head and shower up + the going rate is low, i say go for it.
1 night trip May 12, 2013
AMB
"Close to entertainment"
for the price, it was a decent hotel but the location is what was attractive as it was within steps of the markets malls and the night life
2 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"Great location & Great room!!!!!"
Location, location, location. This hotel is in the heart of everything. Room was great, great bed, good water pressure in shower, big room. There was NO weird smells and A/C was NOT noisy at all. I slept like a baby. Would definitely come back.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Happy Customer

The beds were very uncomfortable,should have free wifi in the rooms
4 night trip Oct 25, 2015
RoseMarie
"Good lagoon view and close to nightlife"
Stayed here for my last 2 nights following a 3 week trip in Central America and just wanted to relax in the sun before travelling home. Room was in DESPERATE need of remodernising, cracked paint on the walls, stained curtains and bed lined, unwashed cutlery in the kitchenette, dirty showerhead and hairs in the bath! Write up advised there was a hairdryer in the bathroom, and there wasn't. Only available from reception for 1 hour at a charge. No Wi-Fi available in the rooms, told it was available in the reception area - but it wasn't! Only place to get this was around the pool or the bar (or a 5 min walk up the road to McDonalds!) Maybe I just got a dodgy room coz it was cheap, but given the write up it sounded great and just want I wanted to spend my last 2 days relaxing after a 3 week trip and a 23 hour trip home. Only good thing about the location was the view of the lagoon and also the closeness to the best nightlife including Coco Bongo!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
SR
"Nice Hotel usefull for a lot of excursions"
Much to large rooms for single persons, better for groups of four. Small bathroom. Nice and quiet cleaning stuff. Nice restaurant slightly too expensive. Suitable too meet mexican people. Near to beach and town centre and supermarket. If needed near to bars and discos. Dive center very small and quite rotten, but nice guide. Wildlife in front of the door everywhere, interesting for people interested in biology.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
norbert
"Cheap hotel near the nightlife of Cancun"
Cheap hotel in walk able distance of the nightlife of Cancun
3 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Alexander
MX
This hotel locates at excellent place of CANCUN and it is value for money.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
BL
HK
This is a place value for money and close to beach area.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
BL
HK
"Fun in the sun"
Excellent time! We took a suite and cooked all of our meals. Supermarket /clubs/restaurants /public beach within minutes from Clipper Club. Grounds are absolutely beautiful!!! Loved it! Will be back!!
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Jenn
"Great location, otherwise meh"
Prime position on the Hotel Zone of Cancun, literally 5 minute walk to the main clubbing strip, restaurants, malls and close to some great beaches. Otherwise, this place doesn't have that much else going for it (especially for the price). On the outside it looks impressive - effectively a portion of land on the lagoon side of the strip with blocks of rooms - lots of grassy areas with deck chairs and areas to chill out. It's got a large pool area with poolside bar and has a nice resort-vibe. Then you realize that there's no in-room wi-fi (you'll need to camp out in the hotel reception area), the room itself smelt a bit damp and everything felt aged. They force you to wear a plastic wristband for your entire stay (seriously, like in a mental asylum), the water pressure of the shower in our room was so strong it actually stung and kept our showers short. Nothing too terrible, but nothing to write home about, but if you're in Cancun to party, then the location will definitely make up for all these minor shortcomings. Large groups would enjoy the public communal areas this place also has to offer.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Jerry
"Awesome cheap hotel"
Awesome hotel has everything pool, bar, restaurant, close to everything and cheap
Other trip May 6, 2015
calv
"The Hotel very convenient, close to everything!"
A good Budget Hotel, close to everything, No WIFI in the rooms but a perfect reception in the Restaurant, the Pool Area and in the Lobby, the Pool cleaning man and Housekeeping are doing a great job! Beach towel exchange if needed, everyday at the reception (Front Desk)
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Rob
"Nice view of the lagoon"
We stayed in room with a kitchenette with a view of the lagoon. The room itself was very spacious, I would say it was at least 600 square feet, however, the bathroom was TINY. My partner's knees touched the wall when he sat down on the toilet. The bathroom was very narrow and yet the room was quite large. We used the pots, pans, cutlery, dishes and pitcher during our stay but had to buy dish soap to wash them. Brought along a kitchen towel which came in handy. It wasn't pleasant to see the little white ants on the kitchen counter, dining table or bathroom but this is an older hotel and to be expected..I suppose...just had to keep food in the fridge or bagged tightly. The fan in the room is very quiet and worked quite well - didn't use the AC as much but it did work, albeit not very strong. There was one night where there was a loud party by the pool and the people there were very noisy - called the front desk and they said it was the clubs and not those people. You can hear the clubs when they are very loud, even though the hotel is closer to the lagoon and a 10 minute walk away from noisy Coco Bongo area. The outdoor clubs can be very loud. If you want to have a quiet, relaxing stay in Cancun I would not recommend staying anywhere near the clubs. However, if you want to be within walking distance to the clubs and souvenir shops, then this hotel isn't bad if you're on a budget. Also, you can only borrow the front desk hairdryer for an hour - how lame!
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Anna
"A Great Old Find Hidden in the Hotel Zone"
I travelled to Cancun last minute and knew I didn't want a "resort experience". I wanted low key, laid back and a room within walking distance of the beach, grocery store, convenience store, restaurants, etc. I am female and was travelling alone and therefore needed to feel secure as well. Having lived in Mexico many years ago I already had some level of comfort there but knew I still needed to be mindful of safety. What made me choose this hotel is a review that I had read by another customer (who sounded very sensible) who said the hotel had all the things I was looking for - and that person was right. Because I rented a room with a kitchenette, I felt like I had a little apartment for a week. I purchased groceries at the grocery store, the Selecto Chedraui, which was a 5 min walk away. It's a very clean, well stocked grocery store and given it's location, I felt the prices were very reasonable (for example, a 1L bottle of water there was 5.00 pesos, so about 45 cents Cdn, and at La Fiesta Mexciana across the street, the same bottle was 22.00 pesos, about $2.00 Cdn). It was nice to make many of my own meals and have snacks on hand to take to the beach, etc. The kitchenette was stocked with all the basics needed to prepare simple meals. I did eat out a couple of times as there are plenty of restaurants nearby to chose from too.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Cheap and Cheerful"
This is a nice place, with few amenities, just a small restaurant and a pool and the smile of crocodiles every day. Wifi in the areas of the main office. There are Kitchens with full size fridge, 4 burner stove tops , toaster, microwave dishes pots and pans and Kitchenettes with bar fridge, coffee maker, toaster. There are no other supplies. Make sure you request which room you need when booking your trip. There is a Beautiful grocery store just 4 minute walk away. You need to buy or bring a few things, Ttowels, paring knife, plastic drink glasses, paper towels, stove lighter etc. This is an old time share complex, with people staying there for many months. Mostly an older crowd 60 - 80 yrs. it is close to the beach, restaurants and night clubs. We recommend Chick N Go and Taco Rigo for good inexpensive food. Cancun is a young persons party zone, everything is expensive, be prepared to pay $5.00 for a beer at many places. Bring bug dope, the mosquitos are fierce.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
We arrived in the dark, noisy, clouded night driven from the airport by a driver who didn't know the way. Our expectations were definitely moderated. Over the length of our stay of over one week, we were quite won over. A less expensive hotel with older substance and Mexican feel, spacious non-linear rooms unlike what so many hotels have, great staff and protocol, and a restaurant that produced tasty fare. We thank those we met for making our stay interactive and friendly, especially those who had been coming there for years...a majority! Their loyalty was palpable despite what was described as some decrement in the upkeep and status of the Clipper and its future. As we have to return to Cancun, we will also definitely be returning to the Clipper.
Johnno
"stayed two nights, good location, very quiet."
older units but well taken care of, beds were small and hard could use a bit of interior up-grading. outside was very pleasing, quiet, and good location. pool was not heated and had no hot tub, also not enough lawn chairs. we did not eat at the resort but we heard It was fine.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Very nice but old"
Really friendly and helpful staff. Grounds are beautiful and well kept. Room was large and well set up. The whole place isn't new but it is very comfortable!!
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Great location."
I had a great time in Cancun, 5 days, 4 nights, booked through Expedia.ca. It's a very nice hotel, close to everything you need. The hotel also has free wifi at the lobby. Thanks for the hotel staffs helping me to find places.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Phu
"A kitchen but no kitchenette"
I booked this knowing the trip advisor reviews so I had a good idea that this place wasn't going to pamper us or be the Paradise Inn some may otherwise expect. Let's face it, this place came at a bargain. However, I still feel inclined to complain because a Kitchenette was promised and we didn't get one. We paid extra for this and ultimately, this added HUNDREDS of dollars to our trip. We had ordered a kitchenette and yes there was a kitchen. However, there wasn't a stove or pots and pans. When I asked about this right after we checked in, I was told by the front clerk, "talk to your booking agent" (Expedia) and that we have a kitchenette and he wasn't sure why everyone complains about this. Yes there was a kitchen and a mini-fridge but no tools to perform the function! The front desk clerk was not helpful nor symathetic. Also, his english was very broken so argument was futile. I have used Expedia in the past for other bookings and they have been pleasant. However, I will never return to this hotel and question wether to use Expedia in the future. Expedia would benefit from removing this hotel from their list of offerings.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Cockroach in the shower"
This is a very tired hotel. Facilities are virtually non existant you have to sign for the TV remote which is ironic as the thing is from the 80's ! I shared my shower with a cockroach who was very at home in the shabby room. Bed was life sleeping on the floor with rock pillows. Although a cheap option I would not stay again or recommend
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
david
"Best hotel for price & location on a budget"
This hotel was exactly what we were after - safe, great location, very reasonable for price, friendly and helpful staff, clean and decent rooms, and not overly cramped by others. It was great that they had a pool with swim-up bar and plenty of seats/sun loungers. The restaurant was also very handy and good prices when we didn't fancy venturing out. No issue with any crocodiles in the lagoon, which we had read about - found out from a waiter that the government monitors and controls them and during the peak season i.e. spring break time, they relocate them further away, and in any case they shy away from the hotel zone. Very useful beach towel exchange system, as we needed to change them often. Also great that we had a safe in our room that we only needed to put a deposit down for.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Muncher
"Excellent hotel close to the action"
Great stay at Clipper Club with a very comfortable hotel very close to the restaurants and the conference center of Cancun. Wonderful view of the lagoon. Close to multiple public beaches and the place is held clean by friendly people. Excellent for the family with enjoyable outdoor places like the restaurant, the swimming pool and a sidewalk boarding the lagoon. Many lizards and birds to be seen. Definitely not an all-inclusive, but a wonderful place to stay to discover the region and enjoy the weather.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Billy
"Convenient for budget travel"
Everything turned out fine. Locals are pretty good at hospitality.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"NIK"
Very bad place to stay. Hotel personal are not friendly at all and the room was too hot because the airconditioning was't work good
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
NIK KIK
"Good choice for budget hotel."
Rating would be higher if Wi-Fi were received in rooms, at this stage restricted to lobby and restaurant. There's a pool that's popular for families. My room overlooked the lagoon so despite the warm room once ask windows opened up it cooled down a lot. Hot, strong showers. Great decor.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Jasper
"Just fine"
This is a basic budget place. The hotel itself has seen better days but it iskept clean and well maintained and cared for. Near the party area and shopping. Not suitable for long term unless you are on a tight budget and insist on being in Cancun. The rest of the country has far better deals.
2 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Rachel
MX
"Cheap in the heart of the Zona Hotelera Cancun!"
i chose this place because of location and price, in the geometric centre of the Cancun hotel district, four minutes from clubs and six from the beach. Its only locational drawback is that it is on the lagoon side, not the beach side. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the pool is large. They serve an adequate continental breakfast and have wireless internet in the parking lot and in the front lobby which usually works - pretty good for Mexico. If you don't like climbing stairs, ask for a ground floor room. My only complaint is that the water for the bathtub was not very hot. Warm enough for a shower, but not for the jacuzzi tub. It rained the entire time I was there, unfortunately, but when I checked the place out at the start of my trip, the sun was shining, in which case you will see the big black and white Yucatan iguanas hanging out. If you're lucky, and look around the far side, you might see one of the crocodiles that live in the lagoon. I didn't see any of those guys. I would recommend this place based on price and location - it ain't any kind of luxury resort or anything, but it did the job for me just fine after the end of a trip, and before going to the airport the next day. Oh yes, most important - the Oxxo store is only two minutes walk out front! Coffee, beer and rum 24-7! God bless Oxxo, we could sure use those in Canada, eh?
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
"Pass the Pitons" Pete
"Cosy cute hotel one minute from convention center"
I liked a lot the look, it's a spanish-style court of several 3-storied buildings. Instead of furniture they have stone/concrete bars and benches with wooden tops which makes the look very authentic (maybe not that comfortable though. A friend of mine stayed on the upper floor and disliked it so be aware not to take it (too high of the ceiling). Inside the court there is a garden with plenty of huts and tables/chaise-longues, nice trees, swimming pool, a lot of birds and iguanas. I certainly recommend it as an inexpensive alternative to grands such as Fiesta Americana. 4.5 stars.
6 night business trip Apr 19, 2013
Val

"Muy barato"
Excelente, la pasé muy bien
7 night romance trip Nov 9, 2015
Johnny
CR
"Excelente todo"
Excelente Ubicación, cerca de todas las discotecas, cerca de base xcaret para los que quieran ir, cerca de playas y comidas todo esto caminando :D Volveremos!!
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Paolo
PA
"exelente ubicacion con relacion al precio"
muy bien, exelente ubicacion a un buen precio.
8 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
Fabiola
CL
"Bagaceira"
Unica coisa q presta do hotel é a localizaçao. Internet so no lobby (um forno), nao funciona. Quarto rustico dos anos 80, camas moles, tv de tubo. Pelo menos o ar condicionado funcionava. Banheiro c o vaso solto.
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2015
Lucas
BR
"Para el precio, suficientemente bueno."
Bien para no que lo necesitaba. Solo llegué a dormir.
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Jorge Alfredo
"Visita rápida a Cancún"
Sin wifi Habitaciones pequeñas
3 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Uriel Alfonso
MX
"Super placering og god service"
Jeg kan varmt anbefale dette hotel, det har en fantastisk placering og venligt personale. Det eneste negative er at der ikke er wifi på værelserne.
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Sara
DK
"me gustó su ubicación"
Nos quedamos 5 dias con mi hermana, plan mochilero y por eso nos decidimos por Clipper. Excelente ubicación y el trato del personal muy amable. Lo único malo es que el wifi no llega a las habitaciones, pero tiene buena señal en lobby y área de piscina. Recomendado 100%
3 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2015
KRISCIA MARIELA
"Péssimo. Não recomendo."
Não recomendo a ninguém. As fotos não retratam a realidade do hotel, que se encontra em péssimo estado de conservação. Goteira no quarto, luminária desmontando no banheiro, não tem Wi-Fi nos quartos, entre outros problemas.
3 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
BR
"Hotel agradable, cerca de toda diversión turística"
Estancia agradable, el hotel es cómodo y muy tranquilo, ideal para descansar...
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
MX
"Buena ibicacion accecible a todas partes excelente"
Bueno bonito barrato limpio excelente ubicacion personal agradables
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
MX
"Un hotel bien ubicado que necesita mejorar."
Debiera haber más de una persona en recepción, pues aunque la persona que estaba demostró amabilidad, varias veces se vio sobrepasada por el flujo de pasajeros. Los elementos que se colocan en el baño son de mala calidad (jabones y shampoo). El restaurant cierra muy temprano y eso obliga a salir del hotel para comer. El precio de la reserva debiera incluir el desayuno. No todo lo que ofrece la página web se da en la realidad (por ejemplo, la caja fuerte para guardar valores.
4 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Walter
CL
"Agradable cerca del centro de convenciones"
Dentro de la zona hotelera personal amable limpio y cerca de todo
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"Practico. Precio justo."
Hotel para descansar. Limpio. Comodo. Bastante antiguito pero se nota el esfuerzo para no dejarlo caer. Tarifa justa. Excelente si tienes un congreso en el centro de convenciones en cancun o si vas de vacaciones y no quieres gastar mucho dinero en hoteles lujosos. La verdad es que lo volveria a ocupar pues es la tercera vez que me hospedo con ellos y a pesar de su austeridad siempre se descansa muy bien pues tiene un excelente aislamiento acuatico.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"MARAVILLOSO"
EXCELENTE UBICACIÓN. TODO CERCA. MUY BIEN.
3 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
MX
"Excelente ubicación (centros nocturnos); económico"
Es un hotel muy económico para la zona, un poquito más escondido sin embargo estás a una sola cuadra del Cocobongo, The City, Mandala y todos los principales centro nocturnos. Ideal para quién solo llega a dormir al hotel, y su prioridad son otras actividades ya sea centro nocturnos, visitar playas, o Parques (Xplor; Xcaret; Chichen-Itza).
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Jorge Armando
"Hotel Clipper"
Muy bien todo agradable y económico en un área excelente
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015