All hotels in Nevada, Iowa, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1521 S G Ave., Nevada, IA, 50201, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.8
    2.5
    2.5
    2.4
they cleaned parking lot from snow in middle of night and sidewalks and even cleaned the snow by hand between our parked vehicles.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Our room must have had a overflow of water because it smelled musty. My husband could not sleep well.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Slept in better hotel's the continental breakfast was poor And loud noises at night made it hard to sleep
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Graduation"
Staff helped me find something to eat after a late arrival. He even called the restaurant to make sure they were open and stay open until we got there.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Horrible manager"
I would not recommend anyone to stay here! The service was horrible, worst of all just because I was trying to check in the manager yelled at me and was very disrespectful everytime I asked a question because there was a little conflict with my room that I had booked. I was so mad we didn't even stay there, we traveled to Ames just so we didn't have to stay in this place.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"not bad"
Not bad not great good for the moneu
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"ISU Game"
Went to the ISU/Iowa game and this was the only place that had vacancy. When I booked the hotel I skipped over the part that asks how many will be staying, so default was 1. There were 4 of us. The guy running the place came up to me while I was getting ice and asked how many were in our room. I told him 4 and he flipped. He told me I needed to pay an additional $60 per night. I told him it was a mistake and would be fine with paying. We got on the website and it stated that it would be an additional $10 per person, not $20. I showed him and he said that the rules change. I said the rules change because there is a football game? He said yes. When I challenged it he freaked out and threatened to call the cops and throw is out. We had no choice but to stay because every hotel in the area was booked. A good story I guess, but will avoid this place at all cost next time. Maybe sleep in our car, it would have been more pleasant.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"This is a budget hotel. Don't expect much."
We had two rooms, one upstairs and one down. The one upstairs was clean but worn. The downstairs, including the room had an offensive smell. We ended Febreezing it. The ceiling tiles in the bathroom were cracked and although the room was clean it was a lot more worn than upstairs. The staff was efficient and not rude. He handled any problem we had very efficiently but he's not overly friendly, which is ok. This is a budget hotel and we were in a pinch so we didn't have high expectations but it was a little less than even we expected (regarding the rooms on the first floor-conditions.) Probably wouldn't stay there again unless we could guarantee rooms only on the 2nd floor.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
J.
The room was small, but it was comfortable and clean. The cable didn't work at first, but the guy came quickly and fixed it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
"Very poor customer service"
Would never stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
TaTahneeka

TripAdvisor reviews for Budget Inn & Suites

"Horrible place"
08/27/14 TravelerG2034TU Chicago, Illinois
Stayed here because my group found this place near Ames. Room had a horrible odor (unlivable actually), spider web in tub ceiling (never cleaned in the few days we were there), and repeatedly the owner was rude and frequently yelled at other guests. At one time he was screaming at paying customers in the parking lot. There is NOTHING but the room, no food, gym, etc. "breakfast" consists of small store box doughnuts and stale cereal in plastic bins in the tiny lobby with broken seated chairs. Truly the worst motel (not even hotel) experience I have ever had. We ended up leaving and paying only $20 more (still less than $100) for a Great gorgeous place in Ames. Just keep driving past this place. The owner should be ashamed of himself for how he treats customers (at one point he was screaming and slapped his kids, everyone could hear this it was so awkward and uncomfortable we left). The rooms are like a dorm with NO privacy and sound. Which is fine since they charge extra if you dare to have someone stay in your double room (I heard the owner arguing with a customer about her "sharing" her room with her Husband!!!) So unprofessional and dirty it's amazing this place gets any business. Avoid at all costs.
"Efficient"
08/04/14 rcomont Aurora, Colorado
This motel was the closest to Maxwell, IA We were in town for a funeral/Old Settler's. Good price for what you get. We did not do the continental breakfast, McDonald's was right down the road. Also, the new Story County hospital was up the block. We had a 2nd floor room. You can hear everybody slamming their doors, but it didn't bother us. Bathroom was clean, bed was ok aka worn in, pillows nice and comfy. AC worked great, no elevator. The front desk clerk was very nice well. Free wi-fi which was nice since I didn't get great service in Nevada.