All hotels in Cranford, New Jersey, United States of America
2 Jackson Dr, Cranford, NJ, 07016, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Highly Recommended!"
I stayed here once before when I had to go to NJ on very short notice. Because they did such a good job I booked here again. I wasn't disappointed. They are consistent in their customer service and attention to detail. Next time I go to North NJ I'll book here again. Keep up the good work!
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
You need to upgrade your appliances and furniture. Also, we would like a Channel list of all the channels on the TV. The food wasn't bad
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
G.K
Staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Would stay again on my next trip to the area.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Wayne
"Passing through"
Great place for our family of five! The room was great, as was the breakfast, but the pool wasn't very up-to-date.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Marianne
"not a true Hilton"
the staff was excellent.. we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights. hotel is old, smelly, stained carpet.. in dire need of a renovation. breakfast need to include turkey bacon or sausage . Richard at front desk was great Also Juan who drove the shuttle was very courteous and helpful!!
4 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Mirlande
"Fabulous hotel"
Comfortable bed, plenty of room, nice layout and good kitchen for cooking. A very good hotel that I would definitely stay in again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"away from the city but that's why it was nice and"
it was very nice with a very nice staff and great service! I recommend it to other people. I was very satisfied.The room was clean nice little swimmingpool to fresen up. location perfect for the city!
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
charlotte
Had to wait long for breakfast to come out, not enough chairs.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Homewood Suites - Cranford"
Great place for a family, I was there by my self but had LOTS of room. The room has flat screens in the living and the bedroom. A regular fridge in the kitchen and silverware, pots, pans, glasses, etc. The furniture it a little outdated and not real comfortable in the living room. Great internet access for free. Only issue was a store to buy water, supplies, etc, was not in walking distance. They did serve Breakfast and dinner but the food was really bland. (eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, toast, for breakfast and hamburgers for dinner. FREE wine and Beer though! Overall nice place.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Rob W
"Loved that the room was fully equipped"
We were celebrating a bday party. Pool was clean room was great... whole experience was great
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
laura
"Nice Hotel close to NYC."
Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite.Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The air-conditioning was hot and very noisy making it impossible to sleep. Our room was the only room with a window air conditioner in one of the bedrooms.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Housekeeping problem"
The front desk was very accommodating and allowed us to get into our room early. My mom and I dressed for a family wedding and left at about 4pm. I did notice there was dirt on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. My two daughters returned to the room & stayed overnight. They found stray hairs in the sheets on the bed and felt the bathroom tub was too dirty to use. They also felt the bed was quite uncomfortable. Housekeeping could be better.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
TV did not work properly.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Employees were super friendly and helpful."
Hotel needs a little tlc to be up to Hilton's usual standards.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Brenda
The entrance was very difficult to find. The low sign was hidden by shrubs and couldn't see the driveway either.
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great for Large Families"
The service was exemplary. They have an amazing breakfast buffet and even offer dinner from 5:00-7:00. I was particularly impressed one night when we arrived at nearly 7:00 with our 5 kids and Jason, who was hosting the dinner offered my son some great nachos he had in the oven instead of being upset that we were so late. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
We loved this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and overall a fantastic stay.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Not what we expected"
We reserved a King bed for our stay, it was our anniversary. When we arrived they told us they didn't have any king rooms left so we were stuck with 2 double beds. Asked for a discount considering the problem and they said since we reserved through Hotels.com we already had a discounted rate - probably also why they didn't hold a king room for us!! Room smelled like smoke even though non-smoking room. Dated décor, needs a serious upgrade.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"great overall"
I enjoyed my short - 1 night stay. We could relax after 6 hours trip before the wedding we had to attend. Everything was very convenient. Only 2 issues: very loud air conditioner and no duvet - instead 2 flat sheets outside and inside the blanket. In the morning we found that the inside sheet fell aside and we were covered only with blanket - not sure if somebody before us had the same problem, but I have a vivid imagination...Sorry. Everything else was very good, stuff, cleanliness and 2 flat TV and great location.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
Traveller LF
"I will stay here again when I'm in Northern NJ!"
Many relatives' families from Pittsburgh, Schenectady, NY, Chicago, Georgia and Seattle all booked here at the last minute for a family emergency (funeral). When we checked in the desk clerk extended her condolences. This thoughtfulness typified the attitude of the entire staff towards all their guests. We all had wonderful service and the accommodations were excellent. The AC wasn't working properly in one person's room so they moved her to an upgraded suite at no additional cost and voluntarily comped her second night. The complimentary breakfast was great. In addition to exceptional customer service rarely experienced at this level of accommodations the facility was very clean and well maintained, room amenities were comparable to those at hotels catering to professional business travelers and their rates are quite reasonable. This hotel is the best kept lodging secret in the area. I look forward to staying there again.
2 night business trip May 22, 2014
"Close of Airport and NYC"
Poor flow of water in the shower.
2 night family trip May 22, 2014
Raj
Clean and efficient. Very good value.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Convenient location and Comfortable room"
We found this hotel to be very conveniently located to GS Parkway for travel home. Hotel was clean and room was clean and very comfortable.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Marie
"Very bad maid service"
The following is the reason this hotel received a poor rating. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite the beds were made daily but that's where it ended. Lets start with no toilet paper, facial tissue, soap, one wash cloth in each bathroom, no bath mats broken lamp. Stuffed toilet maintenance man had to unclog the bathroom which was clogged with lots of long black hair. We complained to the front desk and they sent up the night maintenance man with supplies. 5/2 stuffed toilet and clogged sink drain. 5/4 after returning to the hotel at 9PM no bathmats, soap, facial tissues, one wash cloth and NO TOILET PAPER. A written complaint was mailed to Hilton Corporate Office. Please note the front desk and office staff did their best to help and this rating only reflects the terrible maid service.
4 night trip May 2, 2014
David Corito
"Only stay here if you need the location"
When we arrived 5/2 we booked a cab for 11:30 Monday to the airport with the desk clerk (which we confirmed on Sunday night). There was no cab at 11:30 Monday and apparently nothing in the book. When a cab came (after the desk called twice) the driver told us he had phoned first thing Monday morning to see if there were any reservations for him and he was told no. If we hadn't asked re the cab, we would have missed the flight. The bathroom shelf fell off the wall Monday; luckily we were not using the facility at that moment. I reported it to the desk when we went to breakfast and asked if it could be fixed AFTER we check out and were told OK. We had left a privacy sign on the door handle of the room as we had last minute packing to do after breakfast. When we got to the room after breakfast WITH THE PRIVACY SIGN on the doorknob we found our door open and two men working on the shelf. Another miscommunication! Upon checking into the room on Friday the dishwasher was running and the maid had forgotten the soap until I asked where 217 was and she came with the soap to my room, with me. On Saturday there were no hand towels; on Sunday (we were gone all day) there were no hand towels, no wash cloths, no bath mat. We called for them and were told that there were no bath mats but hand towels and wash clothes would be brought to the room. What was brought were two washcloths and two bathmats. The tub was dangerously slippery and we had to throw a towel in it to use it.
Other trip May 6, 2014
S.
This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and they have always been very friendly and accommodating, the only reason I gave a 4 in comfort of your room is because of the noise of the A/C Unit. The last time we were there was in Summer and it was noisy, this time we stayed at a different room and the weather was cold so the heat was on and still noisy. That is the only annoying thing.
4 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Dennis Tavares
"Okay hotel in iffy neighborhood"
Staff was friendly and helpful but the rooms were a bit cramped (even the two bedroom suite) and outdated. Nonetheless, decent value for the money.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"Neglected Hotel"
Every clock in the hotel had a different time, and they were all incorrect. The room had a couple of small pieces of paper on the bedroom floor and a rather large rubber band. Very little care taken in vacuuming the floors. I used the Business Office and tried to print out my boarding passes. After 15 minutes of trying on both computers in the room I could not get connected to the internet. Could not even get connected to the Hilton propaganda website that comes up as default. There were tech support numbers to call but come on..I was not going to trouble shoot their computers. You would think the staff would care enough that at the very least the Hilton default website came up. Just kept getting message that websites could not be accessed. Left my phone charger in the room. Noticed this after I had already turned in my key. Went to the main desk to get a temp key to let me into the room. The key they made did not work. Had to go all the way back down stairs to the desk for a second try while all the time the clock was ticking (even though you could not tell what the real time was) for me to get to the airport on time. My room was noisy (rm 209) due to some type of HVAC or other system running behind the wall. It was annoying.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Bruce
"accommodating staff"
Friendly staff, great place to stay with family
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Good hotel to see NJ"
We stayed here during the Superbowl season and the place was great. The staff is excellent and very helpful with any questions or request you might have. The rooms are spacious and clean and you have a seperate bedroom which is awesome. The hotel is close to the Newark Airport and to the train station that will take you to Manhattan. We had rented a car and everything is only a couple of minutes away then. They even lended us a snowshovel to dig out our car during the snowy days :)
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Great place to stay in Cranford"
From the warm, baked cookies at check-in to the toasty fire in the lobby, this hotel was welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast every morning was an added bonus and so convenient. Lots of healthy selections in addition to hot items. There is a business room right off the lobby where you can print out your boarding passes. The room was well equipped with a mini-kitchen and roomy living area separated from the bedroom. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of fresh towels. The bed was cozy with a fluffy duvet and extra pillows. Located on the edge of Cranford, I needed a car to get to downtown activities. I enjoyed my stay.
3 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"very clean and modern hotel"
front desk clerk service could be better. the airport shuttle never showed at newark airport like was promised, so i had to take a taxi that cost me $50
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
Stay was great due to efforts of front desk -- "Dee". She was awesome, helping us navigate Super Bowl activities.
3 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Joanne
"Noisy Room"
I think one of the heating/cooling units was right outside our window and it was very loud, along with the one that was inside our room. Also, guest upstairs was either an elephant or walls & floors were paper thin, kept waking our baby with what sounded like moving furniture, stomping & slamming doors.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"Good stay"
Very quite and pleasant stay, and will return.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Just what we needed"
our stay the Cranford Homewood Suites was just what we needed. Perfect set up for my wife,my mother and myself . Very close to our destination. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast much better than I expected I thanked my cousin for his recommendation. RPD
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
"Conserving Water is not an option"
I enjoy this chain of hotels and the private suites. However, I wish they washed the bed linen more often. It seems they must have been out of duvet covers since I had 2 sheets covering the dirty comforter. Next time I may sacrifice the comfort of the suite for a basic room that is much cleaner and less than a mile away. It's up to you do you want the pillow to say these linens were freshly washed for your arrival and are changed daily for your comfort or we conserve water and energy.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
wknder
"Nice Family Suites"
Spacious and clean rooms
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
BH
"convenient"
After check in we noticed that the room was set up for 1 person instead of 2. We saw the maid in the hallway and told her that we needed more towels. When we got back later in the day, there were fewer towels. Perhaps if we had called the front desk we would not have been inconvenienced. Toilet in the room had issues with flushing. Breakfast was great. Front desk people were friendly.
2 night business trip Nov 29, 2013
"Great altenative to NYC"
The staff here was wonderful. We had a couple of issues that needed to be taken care of and both times, Dyolanda greeted us with a smile and made sure she did everything she could to resolve them. I would definitely return here on our next trip to NYC. A perfect place for a family.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Our stay was fine, I did notice that the arms on the sofa were dirty and really they need to update there sofas they are not comfortable to sleep on.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Excellent Stay"
The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Allthough i arrived about three hours before check in time, they made sure that I was able to get a room.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Thomas Collins
"A Lovely Suite"
We were surprised upon arrival because our one bedroom suite with sofabed had changed into a two bedroom two bath suite! We invited more friends to come stay, but they already had their plans made...We were in NJ for a 40th anniversary party at the Westwood, thrown by my best friend's sons and their wives. The rooms were lovely and well appointed. The bathrooms were comfortable and very functional, with a huge dressing area outside the master suite. A large screen TV in every room - 3 TVs. Staff were helpful, but very busy. The night we arrived there were two functions at, guess where, the Westwood. I never had time to try out the excercise room, and the pool was closed for the season. The location was incredibly convenient for us, just at Garden State Parkway exit 136, and only a couple of miles from my friends' home and our party destination. The very full breakfast buffet was well beyond adequate. We enjoyed the eggs and egg-beaters, fruit, pastries, and yogurt, and wished we had room for the english muffins and make your own waffles. I would stay again in a minute. Loved it.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Claire
"Great stay for a good price"
We stayed at the Homewood Suites for one night, as we were heading into NYC for the next day and this seemed like a reasonable stop not too far away. We really enjoyed our stay. The included breakfast buffet was well stocked, and had a variety of choices for adults and children. The pool was a nice break for the kids. The hotel staff was very friendly, especially the manager and front desk clerk who helped me order pizza delivery. The gym was fine for a quick work. Free wifi included as well. I will say the only downside was that the hotel seems like it needs a bit of a fix-up. The bedding was ripped on one side and there was a huge tear in one of our kitchen chairs. Also, it's kind of difficult to find the hotel entrance when you get off the Garden State Parkway. But it's right off the exit, which is nice. Overall, we really enjoyed out stay and would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
We chose this hotel in order to relax in a nice looking hotel after staying in a low-budget hotels for a week. The hotel lobby looks nice, it has an exercise room, computer room, the suite had 2 bedrooms, a kitchen equipped with a stove, microwave, refrigerator etc. Seemed very promising. But the next day they forgot to clean and set our room. We had to ask for towels 3 times. The complamintery hot breakfast was good, but you always had to wait 5-10 min. for a table. The breakfast area was understaffed so you had to wait until they would refill food/drinks. The manager was very nice but they definetly have service issues.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
moaz
Very difficult to find hotel.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
second stay, very clean and convenient to shopping and NYC
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
"Not all Homewood Suites are alike"
First, I'd like to point out that the staff was very nice and helpful, they did their best to be friendly and answer any questions we had. That, sadly, is the only good thing I have to mention about this hotel. I'm hoping that we just had a bad room. The toilet clogged often, the door handle wasn't attached on the main door, the double doors separating the living and bedroom area stuck together and were installed backwards, the bathroom door wouldn't shut and the NOISE, THE NOISE! We were next to the mechanical room which kept it interesting and restless sleep-a-thon with all of the various noises and thumps and water sounds all evening. I have stayed at a few other homewoods and they were a class above this hotel. again, I hope it was a fluke and i'm not going to hold it against all homewoods, but I certainly won't be staying here again - which is unfortunate as I have friends in the area that we like to visit a few times a year.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
michelle
"Fantastic hotel"
This hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel is clean and beautiful worth every penny spent.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Lorraine
Parking limited, 1st room assigned unable to lock without slamming door (329). Request for roll away bed denied even after requesting 2 days before need and being told it would be available. Did not have enough staff or food at breakfast when hotel fully booked, ran out 45-60 mins prior to end. No manager in area to address problem instead had to listen to staff scream/yell from prep area that there was no more food.
3 night business trip Jul 25, 2013