All hotels in Cranford, New Jersey, United States of America

• Value
    Room is all right
    Comfortable
"Excellent Hotel"
There was construction underway; that's why I cannot say that the hotel 's condition was top-notch. A very fine hotel, nonetheless!
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice place to stop for the night."
Decent hotel...under renovation. Uncomfortable couch, but we weren't there to sit on the couch. Great breakfast!
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Was fine. Room large and comfortable. No restaurant/bar on site though
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Good place to stay to access the city"
We've stayed here before and it's a good place to stay to get to the city. Hotel is decent and good for a family stay. Breakfast was good, too.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"great stay with great staff"
Staff was very responsive and proactive to make my stay very comfortable. The conditions were superb. I slept like a baby there
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
jeff
"Good Value"
Hotel was fine. Clean, safe, great service from the staff. While it's an easy on/off to the Garden State Parkway, there isn't much else around (within walking distance) if you want to go out and grab a bite. Other than that it's great.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Clean, safe hotel"
Pleasant, helpful staff. Nice bkft and light supper nightly.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
trudie
"Great getaway"
Great stay perfect place to stay.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2014
"upgrade this place asap!"
Very dull, and definitely not hilton worthy. Very outdated. In need of renovation. Buffet is not all that good.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Good place to stay in mid NJ>"
Visited family in nearby Westfield. Convenient location with good features including a first rate breakfast.
4 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
W. Barrie
"Not a bad stay, but...."
It took 45 mins at the front desk to check in. We were traveling with another couple and had requested rooms close to each other. We were on the third and they were on the first floor. We were then both on the 3rd, on opposite ends of the hotel. We scheduled the shuttle for the following day. We waited 20 mins past the scheduled time and almost missed the wedding ceremony. There were 9 of us! The room was very hot. We reported the problem and were told we could change rooms. Being we didn't return to the room until late that evening, we stayed in our original room. The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff tried to be helpful, but seemed to be confused about protocol. Overall, I'd give a generous 3 stars.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Gigi
"Great place"
Only stayed one night but it was a huge and comfortable room. The only drawback is the noise from the entrance to the Garden State. Small price to pay for the comfort.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Fran
"Great place to stay!"
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. We had plenty of room and a full kitchen. Everyone made us feel right at home. The location was convenient and we liked the courtyard outside our window as well. We'd definitely come back when in the area again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Lilylady
"Great place!"
Our stay was one night . All the staff we encountered were friendly and professional . The room was very clean, we did get a chance to use the gym and that was also very nice. They also offered a pass to Ballys gym! In the morning the breakfast was really good, and the woman that was working there went out of her way to assist me. Highly recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Alexander
"Will stay again"
Will stay again if in area have nothing negative to say enjoyed our get away and the hotel itself was great.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"3-night stay"
Appeared mostly clean but then I saw the condition of my socks after walking around on the floors in my room. It needed some "deep" scrubbing, apparently. The refrigerator was leaking from the freezer onto the floor but they fixed that right away. The bathroom sink faucet also leaked. They came to fix it, then it leaked again. However, it was quiet, good blackout drapes and was comfortable. Nice tv and furniture. It was like a small apartment moreso that a hotel room. Don't try to do breakfast here on a weekend, especially if there is a wedding party (or something like that) going on. Saturday breakfast was total chaos and they ran out of everything, including plates. Weekday breakfast was no problem.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Pete
"Wonderful location, great staff and accomodations,"
We fell into this establishment a year ago when reuniting with my sister in law. The facilities and staff are the best! Great comfort and lay out for 2 bedroom suite. The breakfasts are good, run out of food a bit early and we always got down towards the end of the serving period. Who knew about dinner, wine and beer. What a great touch. On those nights we wanted to stay in, the hotel was there for us. We will continue to use this facility any and every time we are in the area. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The staff was so very helpful and concerned with our comofort. Five stars all around, THE BEST!
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Joanne
"Very nice hotel...comfortable just like home"
Hotel is a little hidden and a little difficult finding the entrance. Once you do...its a great hotel to stay. Check in and out was great too! I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Linda S
"Very nice, clean, comfortable"
Very nice staff, great rooms, clean and great breakfast.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"close to New York"
service and accommodations were excellent. I love sitting in the dining area with the guest having breakfast and good conversation. I definately will book my reservation again and again.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
B.J.
"family vacation to NYC"
Hotel room was great, spacious and clean. Customer service was excellent during dining for breakfast and dinner. Although the food served was not that good. Everything was microwaved and tasted like it. Hold the chives on the scrambled eggs and dont serve salisbury steak. I was impressed that they served dinner at all though! They just need to improve on the quality of the food!
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Childs
"GREAT STAY"
Absolutely loved the room. Bedroom is large with separate areas to accomodate for privacy. Quiet, clean and the staff were very accommodating. We were able to check out at 2pm which was amazing! The only thing I did not like was the entrance to the hotel. It was complicated to find and the entrance isn't as accessible since it is on the corner of a confusing intersection. Other than that, Kudos to the staff for providing very nice accommodations.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Hoin
"Highly Recommended!"
I stayed here once before when I had to go to NJ on very short notice. Because they did such a good job I booked here again. I wasn't disappointed. They are consistent in their customer service and attention to detail. Next time I go to North NJ I'll book here again. Keep up the good work!
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
You need to upgrade your appliances and furniture. Also, we would like a Channel list of all the channels on the TV. The food wasn't bad
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
G.K
Staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Would stay again on my next trip to the area.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Wayne
"Passing through"
Great place for our family of five! The room was great, as was the breakfast, but the pool wasn't very up-to-date.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Marianne
"not a true Hilton"
the staff was excellent.. we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights. hotel is old, smelly, stained carpet.. in dire need of a renovation. breakfast need to include turkey bacon or sausage . Richard at front desk was great Also Juan who drove the shuttle was very courteous and helpful!!
4 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Mirlande
"Fabulous hotel"
Comfortable bed, plenty of room, nice layout and good kitchen for cooking. A very good hotel that I would definitely stay in again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"away from the city but that's why it was nice and"
it was very nice with a very nice staff and great service! I recommend it to other people. I was very satisfied.The room was clean nice little swimmingpool to fresen up. location perfect for the city!
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
charlotte
Had to wait long for breakfast to come out, not enough chairs.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Room smelled awful"
When we walked into the room, it smelled really bad. There was dried urine behind the toilet, which was cleaned up the next day. No extra blankets in this room and the lighting was too cold ( white light) did not really like this hotel although the room itself and layout of the suite was good.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Rubina
"Homewood Suites - Cranford"
Great place for a family, I was there by my self but had LOTS of room. The room has flat screens in the living and the bedroom. A regular fridge in the kitchen and silverware, pots, pans, glasses, etc. The furniture it a little outdated and not real comfortable in the living room. Great internet access for free. Only issue was a store to buy water, supplies, etc, was not in walking distance. They did serve Breakfast and dinner but the food was really bland. (eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, toast, for breakfast and hamburgers for dinner. FREE wine and Beer though! Overall nice place.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Rob W
"Loved that the room was fully equipped"
We were celebrating a bday party. Pool was clean room was great... whole experience was great
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
laura
"Nice Hotel close to NYC."
Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite.Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The air-conditioning was hot and very noisy making it impossible to sleep. Our room was the only room with a window air conditioner in one of the bedrooms.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Housekeeping problem"
The front desk was very accommodating and allowed us to get into our room early. My mom and I dressed for a family wedding and left at about 4pm. I did notice there was dirt on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. My two daughters returned to the room & stayed overnight. They found stray hairs in the sheets on the bed and felt the bathroom tub was too dirty to use. They also felt the bed was quite uncomfortable. Housekeeping could be better.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
TV did not work properly.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Employees were super friendly and helpful."
Hotel needs a little tlc to be up to Hilton's usual standards.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Brenda
The entrance was very difficult to find. The low sign was hidden by shrubs and couldn't see the driveway either.
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great for Large Families"
The service was exemplary. They have an amazing breakfast buffet and even offer dinner from 5:00-7:00. I was particularly impressed one night when we arrived at nearly 7:00 with our 5 kids and Jason, who was hosting the dinner offered my son some great nachos he had in the oven instead of being upset that we were so late. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
We loved this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and overall a fantastic stay.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Not what we expected"
We reserved a King bed for our stay, it was our anniversary. When we arrived they told us they didn't have any king rooms left so we were stuck with 2 double beds. Asked for a discount considering the problem and they said since we reserved through Hotels.com we already had a discounted rate - probably also why they didn't hold a king room for us!! Room smelled like smoke even though non-smoking room. Dated décor, needs a serious upgrade.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"great overall"
I enjoyed my short - 1 night stay. We could relax after 6 hours trip before the wedding we had to attend. Everything was very convenient. Only 2 issues: very loud air conditioner and no duvet - instead 2 flat sheets outside and inside the blanket. In the morning we found that the inside sheet fell aside and we were covered only with blanket - not sure if somebody before us had the same problem, but I have a vivid imagination...Sorry. Everything else was very good, stuff, cleanliness and 2 flat TV and great location.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
Traveller LF
"I will stay here again when I'm in Northern NJ!"
Many relatives' families from Pittsburgh, Schenectady, NY, Chicago, Georgia and Seattle all booked here at the last minute for a family emergency (funeral). When we checked in the desk clerk extended her condolences. This thoughtfulness typified the attitude of the entire staff towards all their guests. We all had wonderful service and the accommodations were excellent. The AC wasn't working properly in one person's room so they moved her to an upgraded suite at no additional cost and voluntarily comped her second night. The complimentary breakfast was great. In addition to exceptional customer service rarely experienced at this level of accommodations the facility was very clean and well maintained, room amenities were comparable to those at hotels catering to professional business travelers and their rates are quite reasonable. This hotel is the best kept lodging secret in the area. I look forward to staying there again.
2 night business trip May 22, 2014
"Close of Airport and NYC"
Poor flow of water in the shower.
2 night family trip May 22, 2014
Raj
Clean and efficient. Very good value.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Convenient location and Comfortable room"
We found this hotel to be very conveniently located to GS Parkway for travel home. Hotel was clean and room was clean and very comfortable.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Marie
"Very bad maid service"
The following is the reason this hotel received a poor rating. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite the beds were made daily but that's where it ended. Lets start with no toilet paper, facial tissue, soap, one wash cloth in each bathroom, no bath mats broken lamp. Stuffed toilet maintenance man had to unclog the bathroom which was clogged with lots of long black hair. We complained to the front desk and they sent up the night maintenance man with supplies. 5/2 stuffed toilet and clogged sink drain. 5/4 after returning to the hotel at 9PM no bathmats, soap, facial tissues, one wash cloth and NO TOILET PAPER. A written complaint was mailed to Hilton Corporate Office. Please note the front desk and office staff did their best to help and this rating only reflects the terrible maid service.
4 night trip May 2, 2014
David Corito
"Only stay here if you need the location"
When we arrived 5/2 we booked a cab for 11:30 Monday to the airport with the desk clerk (which we confirmed on Sunday night). There was no cab at 11:30 Monday and apparently nothing in the book. When a cab came (after the desk called twice) the driver told us he had phoned first thing Monday morning to see if there were any reservations for him and he was told no. If we hadn't asked re the cab, we would have missed the flight. The bathroom shelf fell off the wall Monday; luckily we were not using the facility at that moment. I reported it to the desk when we went to breakfast and asked if it could be fixed AFTER we check out and were told OK. We had left a privacy sign on the door handle of the room as we had last minute packing to do after breakfast. When we got to the room after breakfast WITH THE PRIVACY SIGN on the doorknob we found our door open and two men working on the shelf. Another miscommunication! Upon checking into the room on Friday the dishwasher was running and the maid had forgotten the soap until I asked where 217 was and she came with the soap to my room, with me. On Saturday there were no hand towels; on Sunday (we were gone all day) there were no hand towels, no wash cloths, no bath mat. We called for them and were told that there were no bath mats but hand towels and wash clothes would be brought to the room. What was brought were two washcloths and two bathmats. The tub was dangerously slippery and we had to throw a towel in it to use it.
Other trip May 6, 2014
S.
This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and they have always been very friendly and accommodating, the only reason I gave a 4 in comfort of your room is because of the noise of the A/C Unit. The last time we were there was in Summer and it was noisy, this time we stayed at a different room and the weather was cold so the heat was on and still noisy. That is the only annoying thing.
4 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Dennis Tavares
"Okay hotel in iffy neighborhood"
Staff was friendly and helpful but the rooms were a bit cramped (even the two bedroom suite) and outdated. Nonetheless, decent value for the money.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014