All hotels in Cranford, New Jersey, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Comfortable
"Nice Hotel close to major highways"
My daughter and I enjoyed our stay. It was the perfect location for our needs. We really loved the room, it was clean and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with the kitchenette, had we prepared better we would have cooked and dined in our room. The "improvement" section below didn't offer much space so here are my thoughts: 1) It would have been nice, since we struggled carrying our heavy luggage, to be shown on a map perhaps, where our room was located in correlation to exiting the elevator. We followed the sign on the wall, but found out the hard way we walked a mile rather than around a corner to get to our room - I was breathless and my back hurt! 2) The heater in the room kept us comfortable but it was loud when it kicked on and off making sleeping rather difficult. 3) At breakfast, although it's wonderful to have it included, it would have been better with real eggs (I suspect they were powdered, as they were gritty and didn't hold together) and serving either bacon or sausage rather than "scrapple" as the meat of choice. We will stay there again though, when I visit my family again and make full use of our room and it's kitchen - we will be familiar and prepared!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Still has issues"
The room was missing a few minor things, there was a slight smell of smokers in the room. During the construction they allow the workers to take part in the free guest breakfast, by 8:30 all the OJ was gone and many other items that should have been FOR THE GUESTS, poor decision on the managements part. Also a workers truck was parked in a handicapped spot, because it's close to the door.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
"More than expected"
Accommodations were terrific, very clean, very spacious and comfortable. Complimentary dinner was unexpected and very good. Only disappointment was being shut out of AAA and military discounts because we made reservations through a third party (hotels.com)
1 night trip with friends Mar 9, 2015
"terrible"
the entire hotel was under construction What a disaster.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
nice hotel room with Kitchen
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Ho-Sung
"needs more security. There should be more cameras"
Room was nice, price was a bit high. Refurbished recently but was missing switch for bathroom heater. Next time will pick another hotel with better price
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
n/a
"None"
Hard to judge as they were renovating. I will be staying again
3 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Jeffrey N
"Great find in Cranford"
There wasn't much local to the hotel, and the room smelled a little stale at first. Other than that, everything was perfect! The bed was comfortable, the linens were nice, the hotel even looked nice despite the fact the front desk rep told us they were about the remodel.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
There was construction underway; that's why I cannot say that the hotel 's condition was top-notch. A very fine hotel, nonetheless!
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice place to stop for the night."
Decent hotel...under renovation. Uncomfortable couch, but we weren't there to sit on the couch. Great breakfast!
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Was fine. Room large and comfortable. No restaurant/bar on site though
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Good place to stay to access the city"
We've stayed here before and it's a good place to stay to get to the city. Hotel is decent and good for a family stay. Breakfast was good, too.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"great stay with great staff"
Staff was very responsive and proactive to make my stay very comfortable. The conditions were superb. I slept like a baby there
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
jeff
"Good Value"
Hotel was fine. Clean, safe, great service from the staff. While it's an easy on/off to the Garden State Parkway, there isn't much else around (within walking distance) if you want to go out and grab a bite. Other than that it's great.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Clean, safe hotel"
Pleasant, helpful staff. Nice bkft and light supper nightly.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
trudie
"Great getaway"
Great stay perfect place to stay.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2014
"upgrade this place asap!"
Very dull, and definitely not hilton worthy. Very outdated. In need of renovation. Buffet is not all that good.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Good place to stay in mid NJ>"
Visited family in nearby Westfield. Convenient location with good features including a first rate breakfast.
4 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
W. Barrie
"Not a bad stay, but...."
It took 45 mins at the front desk to check in. We were traveling with another couple and had requested rooms close to each other. We were on the third and they were on the first floor. We were then both on the 3rd, on opposite ends of the hotel. We scheduled the shuttle for the following day. We waited 20 mins past the scheduled time and almost missed the wedding ceremony. There were 9 of us! The room was very hot. We reported the problem and were told we could change rooms. Being we didn't return to the room until late that evening, we stayed in our original room. The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff tried to be helpful, but seemed to be confused about protocol. Overall, I'd give a generous 3 stars.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Gigi
"Great place"
Only stayed one night but it was a huge and comfortable room. The only drawback is the noise from the entrance to the Garden State. Small price to pay for the comfort.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Fran
"Great place to stay!"
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. We had plenty of room and a full kitchen. Everyone made us feel right at home. The location was convenient and we liked the courtyard outside our window as well. We'd definitely come back when in the area again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Lilylady
"Great place!"
Our stay was one night . All the staff we encountered were friendly and professional . The room was very clean, we did get a chance to use the gym and that was also very nice. They also offered a pass to Ballys gym! In the morning the breakfast was really good, and the woman that was working there went out of her way to assist me. Highly recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Alexander
"Will stay again"
Will stay again if in area have nothing negative to say enjoyed our get away and the hotel itself was great.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"3-night stay"
Appeared mostly clean but then I saw the condition of my socks after walking around on the floors in my room. It needed some "deep" scrubbing, apparently. The refrigerator was leaking from the freezer onto the floor but they fixed that right away. The bathroom sink faucet also leaked. They came to fix it, then it leaked again. However, it was quiet, good blackout drapes and was comfortable. Nice tv and furniture. It was like a small apartment moreso that a hotel room. Don't try to do breakfast here on a weekend, especially if there is a wedding party (or something like that) going on. Saturday breakfast was total chaos and they ran out of everything, including plates. Weekday breakfast was no problem.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Pete
"Wonderful location, great staff and accomodations,"
We fell into this establishment a year ago when reuniting with my sister in law. The facilities and staff are the best! Great comfort and lay out for 2 bedroom suite. The breakfasts are good, run out of food a bit early and we always got down towards the end of the serving period. Who knew about dinner, wine and beer. What a great touch. On those nights we wanted to stay in, the hotel was there for us. We will continue to use this facility any and every time we are in the area. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The staff was so very helpful and concerned with our comofort. Five stars all around, THE BEST!
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Joanne
"Very nice hotel...comfortable just like home"
Hotel is a little hidden and a little difficult finding the entrance. Once you do...its a great hotel to stay. Check in and out was great too! I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Linda S
"Very nice, clean, comfortable"
Very nice staff, great rooms, clean and great breakfast.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"close to New York"
service and accommodations were excellent. I love sitting in the dining area with the guest having breakfast and good conversation. I definately will book my reservation again and again.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
B.J.
"family vacation to NYC"
Hotel room was great, spacious and clean. Customer service was excellent during dining for breakfast and dinner. Although the food served was not that good. Everything was microwaved and tasted like it. Hold the chives on the scrambled eggs and dont serve salisbury steak. I was impressed that they served dinner at all though! They just need to improve on the quality of the food!
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Childs
"GREAT STAY"
Absolutely loved the room. Bedroom is large with separate areas to accomodate for privacy. Quiet, clean and the staff were very accommodating. We were able to check out at 2pm which was amazing! The only thing I did not like was the entrance to the hotel. It was complicated to find and the entrance isn't as accessible since it is on the corner of a confusing intersection. Other than that, Kudos to the staff for providing very nice accommodations.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Hoin
"Highly Recommended!"
I stayed here once before when I had to go to NJ on very short notice. Because they did such a good job I booked here again. I wasn't disappointed. They are consistent in their customer service and attention to detail. Next time I go to North NJ I'll book here again. Keep up the good work!
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
You need to upgrade your appliances and furniture. Also, we would like a Channel list of all the channels on the TV. The food wasn't bad
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
G.K
Staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Would stay again on my next trip to the area.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Wayne
"Passing through"
Great place for our family of five! The room was great, as was the breakfast, but the pool wasn't very up-to-date.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Marianne
"not a true Hilton"
the staff was excellent.. we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights. hotel is old, smelly, stained carpet.. in dire need of a renovation. breakfast need to include turkey bacon or sausage . Richard at front desk was great Also Juan who drove the shuttle was very courteous and helpful!!
4 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Mirlande
"Fabulous hotel"
Comfortable bed, plenty of room, nice layout and good kitchen for cooking. A very good hotel that I would definitely stay in again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"away from the city but that's why it was nice and"
it was very nice with a very nice staff and great service! I recommend it to other people. I was very satisfied.The room was clean nice little swimmingpool to fresen up. location perfect for the city!
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
charlotte
Had to wait long for breakfast to come out, not enough chairs.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Room smelled awful"
When we walked into the room, it smelled really bad. There was dried urine behind the toilet, which was cleaned up the next day. No extra blankets in this room and the lighting was too cold ( white light) did not really like this hotel although the room itself and layout of the suite was good.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Rubina
"Homewood Suites - Cranford"
Great place for a family, I was there by my self but had LOTS of room. The room has flat screens in the living and the bedroom. A regular fridge in the kitchen and silverware, pots, pans, glasses, etc. The furniture it a little outdated and not real comfortable in the living room. Great internet access for free. Only issue was a store to buy water, supplies, etc, was not in walking distance. They did serve Breakfast and dinner but the food was really bland. (eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, toast, for breakfast and hamburgers for dinner. FREE wine and Beer though! Overall nice place.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Rob W
"Loved that the room was fully equipped"
We were celebrating a bday party. Pool was clean room was great... whole experience was great
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
laura
"Nice Hotel close to NYC."
Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite.Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The air-conditioning was hot and very noisy making it impossible to sleep. Our room was the only room with a window air conditioner in one of the bedrooms.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Housekeeping problem"
The front desk was very accommodating and allowed us to get into our room early. My mom and I dressed for a family wedding and left at about 4pm. I did notice there was dirt on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. My two daughters returned to the room & stayed overnight. They found stray hairs in the sheets on the bed and felt the bathroom tub was too dirty to use. They also felt the bed was quite uncomfortable. Housekeeping could be better.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
TV did not work properly.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Employees were super friendly and helpful."
Hotel needs a little tlc to be up to Hilton's usual standards.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Brenda
The entrance was very difficult to find. The low sign was hidden by shrubs and couldn't see the driveway either.
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great for Large Families"
The service was exemplary. They have an amazing breakfast buffet and even offer dinner from 5:00-7:00. I was particularly impressed one night when we arrived at nearly 7:00 with our 5 kids and Jason, who was hosting the dinner offered my son some great nachos he had in the oven instead of being upset that we were so late. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
We loved this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and overall a fantastic stay.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Not what we expected"
We reserved a King bed for our stay, it was our anniversary. When we arrived they told us they didn't have any king rooms left so we were stuck with 2 double beds. Asked for a discount considering the problem and they said since we reserved through Hotels.com we already had a discounted rate - probably also why they didn't hold a king room for us!! Room smelled like smoke even though non-smoking room. Dated décor, needs a serious upgrade.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"great overall"
I enjoyed my short - 1 night stay. We could relax after 6 hours trip before the wedding we had to attend. Everything was very convenient. Only 2 issues: very loud air conditioner and no duvet - instead 2 flat sheets outside and inside the blanket. In the morning we found that the inside sheet fell aside and we were covered only with blanket - not sure if somebody before us had the same problem, but I have a vivid imagination...Sorry. Everything else was very good, stuff, cleanliness and 2 flat TV and great location.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014