All hotels in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here800 South Route 31, Crystal Lake, IL, 60014, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Deep Clean Please"
Stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. (Saturday and Sunday). The hotel was just okay. Check out and door men (only people I ever spoke with) were pleasant. My main concerns are with the cleanliness. The carpets and tile in the common areas were in desperate need of a vacuum and mop. Dust everywhere. The pool area was also unkempt and pool water full of debris. Left over glasses and beer bottles were piled randomly out through out the hotel. I also saw very little staff on hand to help with these things. In general, this hotel needs a serious deep clean. If they can keep it more clean I think this could be a better place to stay for the price you are paying.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Okay"
The night staff were very polite,but the day staff were rude
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I am terribly sorry that some of our team members were less than wonderful, I will definately be sharing your comments with everyone. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
"excellent room"
The hotel was very nice, the room clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the coffee issue ... there were two packages of decaf (which I don't drink) and one package of regular coffee with the coffee maker. The desk clerk said their regular delivery had not come in, to check later. Still no coffee in the evening. Still none the next morning. My only option was to order room service or go to the dining room.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you staying with us, I apologize for your difficulties with the coffee, I certainly understand your frustration, my mornings without coffee are definately not fun. I assure you that we have addressed the inventory quanities with our management team so that we dont cut our levels so close again in the future.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Rebecca
"May choose somewhere else next time"
We asked on reservation to have two adjoining rooms. They were next to each other but not adjoining. The tub drain would not stay open. Everything was clean, and the rooms are spacious, but the front desk seemed disorganized.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I apologize for the confusion at the front desk, thank you for sharing your experiences so that we can use your comments as a training tool with our team.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Deborah
"Overcharge & under deliver..."
Typical Holiday Inn. Needs work. Had to go to front desk 3 times in two days when my keys stopped working for no reason. Hot water stopped working one night and wasn't fixed until past breakfast on the next day, so I got a cold one. My room faced a wall 6 feet away and a roof 2 feet down. Who designed this? No view nor idea which direction I faced. Left a pillow and blanket on the couch and it remained there after cleaning. I expected cleaned replacements.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I am so sorry for your experiences during your stay with us. I know that you stayed with us during some times where we experienced several repairs on our water system, those repairs have since been completed but unfortunately they affected you and I want to apologize for that. Additionally we discovered several problems with a shipment of keys and those keys have also been disposed of. I hope that you will return again in the future so that you can experience the service we like our guests to experience. Again I am terribly sorry for the difficulties you experienced.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Adam
Hotel check in went very smooth, Chris was on duty. He answeresed all question I had and was professional in all aspect.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for the great comments, I will be sure to share them with Chris. He really does a gret job representing your hotel. Thank you also for choosing to stay with us.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"Dirty & Waste of Money"
Was hoping for a nice stay but terribly dissapointing. When you walk into the hotel it looks nice but the actual hotel room was not clean. Old fries on the carpet next to the couch. Bathroom had hairs on the floor in varoius places, tub was filthy and backed up when taking a shower and toilet was smelly. Furniture in the room was rundown but mattress was comfortable but based on the filth, I was nervous about the sheets being dirty. In the hotel, the bar and restaurant looks nice but we sat down to have breakfast with a nice view but the food was over cooked and tasteless. It tasted very old, like they reheated meat. Was absolutely unacceptable and gross. We hardley ate our food and wanted to get out of this horrible hotel. The employees were great and understandable as if they heard this many times. Unfortunetely I do not recommended wasting your money here like my husband and I did.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Best bang for your buck!"
Great place to stay at, stayed here twice first time I was a little disappointed that none of the vending machines had water or anything to drink in them besides an expired diet Pepsi from 2013. Other than that no complaints here. Second time around I didn't even bother trying.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. If you happen to stay here again feel free to try out our new vending machines. During your last stay we were in the process of switcing over to Coca Cola and the Pepsi machines were scheduled to be removed (hence them being empty). We now have brand new larger soda machines that are regularly stocked and conveniently located on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th floor. Again thank you for your review! Hope to see you soon. Andrew Rooms Director
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Awesome!"
I enjoyed every part! It is a great hotel! I would highly recommend this hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
It's so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your klind words, hope to see you again!
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Pretty Decent Hotel"
This Holiday Inn located in Crystal Lake is pretty good. Nice rooms, staff, etc. The only complaint I have is that I am not partial to the window heating and cooling units because they tend to be noisy. My business partner didn't like the pillows. He said they were too tall and gave him a stiff neck. I suggest having different height pillows since there are 4 on each bed.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Good Evening Hal, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that the pillows weren't prefferable but I've some good news on that. Next time you find yourself paying us or any Holiday Inn a visit mention to the front desk that you'd prefer smaller/different pillows and we'd be more than happy to replace yours with a more suitable setup. I'm pleased that despite the issues with the pillows and heating unit you were still able to enjoy your stay. I of course will alert maintenance to take a look at that unit and figure out just what the problem may be. Thanks again!! Hope to see you soon.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Hal
"don't waste your money"
Family and friends booked 6 rooms for new year's eve party. The rooms were on the same floor but not together. Only one room had a mini fridge and microwave. The rest of the rooms were barely bigger than closets. The king bed was nice but the pull out will not sleep 2 adults comfortably. The hair dryer in my room was broken. At 10 minutes after midnight security threatened to kick every one out because he incorrectly thought he heard singing. If you want breakfast it isn't included in your $100+ bill, it's about $10 a person extra. When we left we had stacked a few taco boxes next to the only garbage can in the room because they wouldn't fit in the tiny can. We were charged a $20 clean up fee. I will NOT be staying here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I personally would like to offer my sincere apologies for the negative experience you had during your stay. As we always strive to fulfill all of our guest requests you can imagine the difficulty increases during more active times and for that I'm sorry we couldn't get your rooms connecting. I would really love to speak with you about your stay so please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. Andrew Rooms Director Holiday Inn Crystal Lake 815.477.7000
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
The receptionist was very nice and helpful
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I will be sure to share your kind words with my staff. Hope to see you soon, thank you & happy new year!!
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Home away from Home"
Great, same as always
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
We always aim to give our guests the same great experience everytime they choose to stay with us. I'm happy to hear that's the case with your travels. Thank you for your kind words& Happy Holidays to you and yours.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"Nice location"
Only drawback. I had about hotel was there wasn't a hot tub in pool area otherwise hotel was in to top shape
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
joe
"Great place for business"
Same as always, great place to stay!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on us. We love hearing comments like that and will always aim to keep that opinion the popular one. Hope to see you again Joe!!
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"At registration"
Front desk registration not very friendly or experienced.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Dear Jim, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, I'm truly sorry you did not have the pleasant experience with the Front Desk that we always aim to provide. I will personally look into that day and certainly have a discussion with all employees. I hope if you find yourself in the area again you will give us a second chance to prove just how great we truly are. Thanks again.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Jim B
We booked a double bed room, but only received a one bed with a pull-out couch. The room also smelled like chlorine, because it was adjacent to the pool. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but not the pull-out couch.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great for NW suburbs"
No complaints, will likely stay there on next trip to NW Chicago. Not the easiest to find, but it's great when you arrive.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for your kind words. For some odd reason most of the people who use a GPS for our location have a hard time finding the hotel because the GPS does not recognize the location. For future reference try using the address of 3909 three oaks road. Its not our address buts its right down the street from us and is more GPS friendly. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and I hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Lee
"Awesome Staff so helpful and friendly clean"
the front desk and wait staff were amazing and helpful
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
We pride ourselves on our service and always strive to give each guest a stay they will love, I'm glad we were able to accomidate you with that. Thank you for your comments, hope to see you again!!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
c
"A little out there"
Great hotel if you have to be in the Far Northwest suburbs of Chicago. I had to stay here because there was a convention in the closer suburbs so i stayed here. A bit of a drive into the West suburbs especially with all the construction BUT a great hotel!!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing us. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Weekend sty in Crystal Lake while attending a special birthday party
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for staying with us, hopefully you had a great time at the birthday party and the next time your in the area we will see you again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
cas
"See you next year!"
Great place to stay! Friendly service...great price!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thanks for staying with us please come see us soon.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Lovely property, we will return!"
Brand new looking hotel on beautiful grounds with a nice restaurant and swimming pool.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you with us again soon.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Vacationer
"Nice hotel with restaurant and pool"
This is the 2nd time I've stayed in this hotel. Everything about it was fine except that our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:30. We had an event to get ready for and ended up having to get ready in the public restroom on the 1st floor. The staff at the front desk was unable to give us an idea of when our room would be ready. Besides this, it was a nice hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I truly appreciate you reviewing our property and I assure you that the issues you experienced at check in are not a common occurence, and I hope to see you again soon. We love hearing from our guests on the good and even the bad (hopefully not too much of that). We will always strive to improve and grow. Thanks!
A
"The Management Missed the Boat"
I would not return to this hotel. Upon arrival there was pure chaos. No rooms were ready and dozens of ous were left in the lobby. No manager bothered to come talk to any of us. And the manager on duty left his two desk staff to brave the anger alone. Not good. In addition the hallway on my floor was full of dirty sheets, blankets, towels and litter with dirty silverware. I have pictures to support this all. I will spread the word to not stay at this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I'm truly sorry you had such a negative experience of our hotel. We take great pride in pleasing our guests and the weekend you arrived we clearly were under dire staffing issues. This is not a reflection of how we truly operate and I hope that if you find yourself in need of a place to stay you would consider us, if just to prove that what you saw was merely an isolated incident. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your concerns.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Inadequate staffing"
Check in time is 3 pm. They were so understaffed, no rooms were cleaned until after 7pm. At 10pm, people were still sitting in the lobby waiting to check in. There were dirty linens and dishes were piled up on the hallway floors. There were 3 of us staying at the hotel. As compensation for our trouble, they said they could give us only 2 vouchers for breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I'm truly sorry for the troubles you faced while staying here. This by no means is how we strive to serve our guests, and I personally want to extend my sincerest apologies. Yes we were short staffed as a result of unforeseen circumstances, but that by no means excuses the events that unfolded. I truly hope you can give us a second chance to prove just how great we can really be. Thank you for taking your time to share your concerns.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
leah
"Just okay"
The service here was excellent. The staff was excellent. The hotel is very outdated. The beds and linens are probably original. Rooms smell like carpet cleaning solution.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your room, but it's always refreshing to hear how wonderful our staff is. I hope you give us a second chance to prove that just because we are not the newest building around doesn't stop us from trying to be the best.
4 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
"Not the best stay"
When I initially started looking for a room I have a bad back so I was looking for something with a hot tub I had called the hotel and was told they had a hot tub when I checked in and I was told no they only have a pool so the little disappointed with that the room was fantastic other than the fact that the television did not work except for about 20 minutes after I checked in and it did not work all the way up until I left so I was very displeased with that I felt like I paid more than what the value of the room was I could've went to super eight down the street and gotten more for my money that I did at the hotel Holiday Inn is always been a good hotel and that's the reason why I chose to go there however this trip I was very displeased with and I felt that I overpaid for what I had gotten so I was not very pleased.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I'm sorry for the miscommunication in regards to the Jacuzzi. We do in fact have Jacuzzi rooms which are plenty spacious and our guests rave about. We are currently speaking with our service provider for our television as to prevent another issue like you had. The storms were far worse than anticipated causing an outage for the evening across the hotel. I hope you would be willing to try us again and give us a chance to show you just how great we actually are. Thanks!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Thad smith
"nice and friendly"
My stay was great. Shuttle service took me to a nearby mall, where they had a variety of restaurants. The only problem was that the restaurant was short-handed in the morning. I purchased breakfast inclusive stay, but the wait was too long to get something to eat in the last morning. otherwise, staff was friendly and i was happy with my stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and apologize that you were not able to have breakfast with us. I have shared your comments with the F&B team so that we can be better. We hope to see you again aoon.
3 night business trip May 26, 2014
"Needs updating"
First, we booked the hotel off Expedia... 2 queen beds - at check-in we were notified they don't offer such a room. Only a king with a pull out, even though we searched for a room that would fit 5! The room requested was to be non smoking, it was very ripe of cigarette smell. The couch had two burn holes in the cushions and was not pleasing to sit on. The blanket for the pull out had crusty food on it, there was only 3 towels in the room... We requested a roll away, which was brought up promptly, the sheets/pillows were tied to the bed with a garbage bag. Sleeping was good, good location but needs to be updated and aired out!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"One of the quietest hotels I've stayed at"
Easy to find, great location. Beautiful views outside from the restaurant, lobby, and elevators. Really nice room with comfortable linens. Slept very well, which does not always happen. I arrived much earlier than expected and 4 hr before check-in and was able to get into my room without any issues. I especially appreciated the quiet room doors, which were calibrated in such a way that they didn't slam whenever someone was going into or out of their room. Made a huge difference.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for staying with us, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will definately take your comments back to the team so that we can be better. Hope to see you again soon
Other trip May 19, 2014
Terry
"Weekend stay for my grandson's Baptismal."
This hotel was perfect for our visit to my son and his family for an upcoming Baptismal. We needed two double bedded rooms for family. Turns out my one daughter couldn't make it so we traded one room for a king. They were very accommodating and also gave us adjoining rooms at the last minute. We availed ourselves of a nightcap at the bar downstairs. It was just so nice to be able to sit together and recap the weekend events. (must say, the girl at the bar made a delicious Cosmo) We are were disappointed not be able to use the pool while there. We were so busy with family. This I'm sure, will be the first of many reservations for our family when we come to visit our son, especially at holiday time when he can only accommodate so many at his home. To sum it up, a great gathering place, nice rooms, nice pool, bar, and the staff is wonderful. No complaints here.....Dee Kildare, Virginia
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
What a wonderful reason to visit, congratulations on your grandsons baptismal. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you with us again.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Dee
Stayed here during a business trip and will definitely come back. The beds were good and the bedding was the softest I have ever had in any hotel. Good parking and reasonable rates.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for staying with us, we just replaced every pillow in the hotel so I am glad you enjoyed the bedding. We look forward to having you back with us again.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Old but still nice"
The facility is dated, but still nice. The room was clean, and the staff very friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business and look forward to having you back with us.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Overall great experience!"
Stayed for a volleyball tournament at Sky High. Hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and accommodating! All besides the unexpected 5am wake up call, I'd gladly stay again!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
We love having Sky High players with us , I apologize for the wakeup call at 5am. That is definately not something we will let happen again on your next visit.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
Angela G.
THE HOTEL ROOM WAS CLEAN AND CONFORTABLE. THE RESTAURANT WORKERS WERE POLITE AND FRIENDLY.THE FOOD WAS GOOD TOO. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate our customers feedback. We continually strive to improve and with feedback we will only get better, hope to see you again soon.
3 night trip Mar 21, 2014
GLORIA RUIZ
"Not too shabby!"
I stayed overnight with some friends just to get away. Overall, not a bad holiday inn. The rooms were clean and neat but definitely a little on the older side. It's not too classy so it's kid friendly too. They have a bar, pool, work out room. The whole point was to hit up the dance club/bar next door but when we got there it had been closed for a couple months....total bummer. On the bright side there are a lot of surrounding bars/restaurants. Overall. It was a nice hotel and we had a lot of fun. I'd definitely go back. FYI their smoking rooms have windows that don't open but the rooms were big enough that there wasn't a problem. Hope this helps!!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
Thanks for staying with us. Im glad your girls weekend was fun. Next time be sure to check with the front desk for the drivers schedule. They would love to do the driving for you if you want to hit the areas bars or restaurants.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
maggie
"A nice winter getaway"
Couldn't risk traveling with an oncoming storm so we stayed the night and had a great time
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
We are so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your stay. It is a great area with lots of things to see and do. Come back again.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Rt 31 construction was the only location problem"
It was very relaxing to arrive early for the PADS "Dancing with the Stars" fund raiser in regular clothing, then change for the event. My wife and I were able to dance, have cocktails, and enjoy ourselves knowing that we were an elevator ride to "home for the night."
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
We are so glad you stayed overnight with us, the weather was not the best that day and it was really nice that the fundraiser was a success.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Non smoking room not really non smoking"
This would have been one of the best hotel stays I ever had, except that my room smelled horribly of cigarettes even though I had requested a non smoking room. Upon asking for another room, they were unable to accommodate me at the rate I had paid, therefore leaving me in a really smelly room. My wife who is pregnant spent the whole weekend sick. It was unfortunate since it really was a very nice hotel
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I am so sorry that your room smelled like smoke. I have spoken with the team and asked them to implment some aditional training so that we can identify potential problems before a guest has to experience it. I hope that you will come back again in the future and give us another opportunity.
2 night family trip Jan 10, 2014
Serian
"Restaurant Staff"
The quality of the breakfast buffet was poor, and the dinner the night before took forever as they were grossly understaffed as our poor waitress had to service 6 families and 10 kids.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Nw Crystal Lk Conv Ctr
I am terribly sorry that our service in the restaurant was unacceptable. We are definately changing up our menu and adding additional team members so that we can offer better food and better service to all of our patrons. Thank you for sharing your coments with us.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Had a great time and very friendly staff..
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2013
"Pretty good place"
The hotel is quite large and the lobby is spacious. The staff are very friendly as well. The room is average sized, bed is pretty comfortable. There was also a big couch and desk.The tv could use some work though, a channel was unviewable and the display was really dim. They do have room service up until 10pm which is good too. Overall it was a good stay for one night.
1 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2013
"Everything was great!"
Everything was as expected. I would stay here again for sure.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"No water"
Water pressure in shower and room kept cutting out. Not low pressure. No pressure. Stood in shower at one point for 3 min with no water. This happened twice and when I asked front desk, response was "maybe because so many people were taking a shower". Unacceptable
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Understaffed"
Check in errors, keys not working, understaffed bar & restaurant the next morning, but other than that, pretty good. Staffing issues could have been foreseen. The room was clean and laid out well.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Jackie
"Exactly what I expected"
The place was perfect for what we needed. It was relatively inexpensive and still high quality.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
My family and I really enjoyed our stay, it was the 730 in the morning knock on the door from the housekeeper asking when we were going to leave so she could clean the room. I was not pleased when my kids woke up from the early morning knock.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Lynne
Clean. Great service. Friendly people. Restaurant has good reasonably priced food.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Menu needs expansion."
The hotel is very nice. Nice layout, amenities, etc. The restaurant could use a few more entrees on the menu. Pretty limited selection.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013