All hotels in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here800 South Route 31, Crystal Lake, IL, 60014, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Overcharge & under deliver..."
Typical Holiday Inn. Needs work. Had to go to front desk 3 times in two days when my keys stopped working for no reason. Hot water stopped working one night and wasn't fixed until past breakfast on the next day, so I got a cold one. My room faced a wall 6 feet away and a roof 2 feet down. Who designed this? No view nor idea which direction I faced. Left a pillow and blanket on the couch and it remained there after cleaning. I expected cleaned replacements.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Adam
Hotel check in went very smooth, Chris was on duty. He answeresed all question I had and was professional in all aspect.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"Dirty & Waste of Money"
Was hoping for a nice stay but terribly dissapointing. When you walk into the hotel it looks nice but the actual hotel room was not clean. Old fries on the carpet next to the couch. Bathroom had hairs on the floor in varoius places, tub was filthy and backed up when taking a shower and toilet was smelly. Furniture in the room was rundown but mattress was comfortable but based on the filth, I was nervous about the sheets being dirty. In the hotel, the bar and restaurant looks nice but we sat down to have breakfast with a nice view but the food was over cooked and tasteless. It tasted very old, like they reheated meat. Was absolutely unacceptable and gross. We hardley ate our food and wanted to get out of this horrible hotel. The employees were great and understandable as if they heard this many times. Unfortunetely I do not recommended wasting your money here like my husband and I did.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Best bang for your buck!"
Great place to stay at, stayed here twice first time I was a little disappointed that none of the vending machines had water or anything to drink in them besides an expired diet Pepsi from 2013. Other than that no complaints here. Second time around I didn't even bother trying.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Pretty Decent Hotel"
This Holiday Inn located in Crystal Lake is pretty good. Nice rooms, staff, etc. The only complaint I have is that I am not partial to the window heating and cooling units because they tend to be noisy. My business partner didn't like the pillows. He said they were too tall and gave him a stiff neck. I suggest having different height pillows since there are 4 on each bed.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Hal
"don't waste your money"
Family and friends booked 6 rooms for new year's eve party. The rooms were on the same floor but not together. Only one room had a mini fridge and microwave. The rest of the rooms were barely bigger than closets. The king bed was nice but the pull out will not sleep 2 adults comfortably. The hair dryer in my room was broken. At 10 minutes after midnight security threatened to kick every one out because he incorrectly thought he heard singing. If you want breakfast it isn't included in your $100+ bill, it's about $10 a person extra. When we left we had stacked a few taco boxes next to the only garbage can in the room because they wouldn't fit in the tiny can. We were charged a $20 clean up fee. I will NOT be staying here again.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
The receptionist was very nice and helpful
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Home away from Home"
Great, same as always
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"Nice location"
Only drawback. I had about hotel was there wasn't a hot tub in pool area otherwise hotel was in to top shape
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
joe
"Great place for business"
Same as always, great place to stay!
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"At registration"
Front desk registration not very friendly or experienced.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Jim B
We booked a double bed room, but only received a one bed with a pull-out couch. The room also smelled like chlorine, because it was adjacent to the pool. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but not the pull-out couch.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great for NW suburbs"
No complaints, will likely stay there on next trip to NW Chicago. Not the easiest to find, but it's great when you arrive.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Lee
"Awesome Staff so helpful and friendly clean"
the front desk and wait staff were amazing and helpful
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
c
"A little out there"
Great hotel if you have to be in the Far Northwest suburbs of Chicago. I had to stay here because there was a convention in the closer suburbs so i stayed here. A bit of a drive into the West suburbs especially with all the construction BUT a great hotel!!
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Weekend sty in Crystal Lake while attending a special birthday party
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
cas
"See you next year!"
Great place to stay! Friendly service...great price!
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Lovely property, we will return!"
Brand new looking hotel on beautiful grounds with a nice restaurant and swimming pool.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Vacationer
"Nice hotel with restaurant and pool"
This is the 2nd time I've stayed in this hotel. Everything about it was fine except that our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:30. We had an event to get ready for and ended up having to get ready in the public restroom on the 1st floor. The staff at the front desk was unable to give us an idea of when our room would be ready. Besides this, it was a nice hotel.
A
"The Management Missed the Boat"
I would not return to this hotel. Upon arrival there was pure chaos. No rooms were ready and dozens of ous were left in the lobby. No manager bothered to come talk to any of us. And the manager on duty left his two desk staff to brave the anger alone. Not good. In addition the hallway on my floor was full of dirty sheets, blankets, towels and litter with dirty silverware. I have pictures to support this all. I will spread the word to not stay at this hotel.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Inadequate staffing"
Check in time is 3 pm. They were so understaffed, no rooms were cleaned until after 7pm. At 10pm, people were still sitting in the lobby waiting to check in. There were dirty linens and dishes were piled up on the hallway floors. There were 3 of us staying at the hotel. As compensation for our trouble, they said they could give us only 2 vouchers for breakfast.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
leah
"Just okay"
The service here was excellent. The staff was excellent. The hotel is very outdated. The beds and linens are probably original. Rooms smell like carpet cleaning solution.
4 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
"Not the best stay"
When I initially started looking for a room I have a bad back so I was looking for something with a hot tub I had called the hotel and was told they had a hot tub when I checked in and I was told no they only have a pool so the little disappointed with that the room was fantastic other than the fact that the television did not work except for about 20 minutes after I checked in and it did not work all the way up until I left so I was very displeased with that I felt like I paid more than what the value of the room was I could've went to super eight down the street and gotten more for my money that I did at the hotel Holiday Inn is always been a good hotel and that's the reason why I chose to go there however this trip I was very displeased with and I felt that I overpaid for what I had gotten so I was not very pleased.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Thad smith
"nice and friendly"
My stay was great. Shuttle service took me to a nearby mall, where they had a variety of restaurants. The only problem was that the restaurant was short-handed in the morning. I purchased breakfast inclusive stay, but the wait was too long to get something to eat in the last morning. otherwise, staff was friendly and i was happy with my stay.
3 night business trip May 26, 2014
"Needs updating"
First, we booked the hotel off Expedia... 2 queen beds - at check-in we were notified they don't offer such a room. Only a king with a pull out, even though we searched for a room that would fit 5! The room requested was to be non smoking, it was very ripe of cigarette smell. The couch had two burn holes in the cushions and was not pleasing to sit on. The blanket for the pull out had crusty food on it, there was only 3 towels in the room... We requested a roll away, which was brought up promptly, the sheets/pillows were tied to the bed with a garbage bag. Sleeping was good, good location but needs to be updated and aired out!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"One of the quietest hotels I've stayed at"
Easy to find, great location. Beautiful views outside from the restaurant, lobby, and elevators. Really nice room with comfortable linens. Slept very well, which does not always happen. I arrived much earlier than expected and 4 hr before check-in and was able to get into my room without any issues. I especially appreciated the quiet room doors, which were calibrated in such a way that they didn't slam whenever someone was going into or out of their room. Made a huge difference.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Terry
"Weekend stay for my grandson's Baptismal."
This hotel was perfect for our visit to my son and his family for an upcoming Baptismal. We needed two double bedded rooms for family. Turns out my one daughter couldn't make it so we traded one room for a king. They were very accommodating and also gave us adjoining rooms at the last minute. We availed ourselves of a nightcap at the bar downstairs. It was just so nice to be able to sit together and recap the weekend events. (must say, the girl at the bar made a delicious Cosmo) We are were disappointed not be able to use the pool while there. We were so busy with family. This I'm sure, will be the first of many reservations for our family when we come to visit our son, especially at holiday time when he can only accommodate so many at his home. To sum it up, a great gathering place, nice rooms, nice pool, bar, and the staff is wonderful. No complaints here.....Dee Kildare, Virginia
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Dee
Stayed here during a business trip and will definitely come back. The beds were good and the bedding was the softest I have ever had in any hotel. Good parking and reasonable rates.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Old but still nice"
The facility is dated, but still nice. The room was clean, and the staff very friendly.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Overall great experience!"
Stayed for a volleyball tournament at Sky High. Hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and accommodating! All besides the unexpected 5am wake up call, I'd gladly stay again!
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
Angela G.
THE HOTEL ROOM WAS CLEAN AND CONFORTABLE. THE RESTAURANT WORKERS WERE POLITE AND FRIENDLY.THE FOOD WAS GOOD TOO. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.
3 night trip Mar 21, 2014
GLORIA RUIZ
"Not too shabby!"
I stayed overnight with some friends just to get away. Overall, not a bad holiday inn. The rooms were clean and neat but definitely a little on the older side. It's not too classy so it's kid friendly too. They have a bar, pool, work out room. The whole point was to hit up the dance club/bar next door but when we got there it had been closed for a couple months....total bummer. On the bright side there are a lot of surrounding bars/restaurants. Overall. It was a nice hotel and we had a lot of fun. I'd definitely go back. FYI their smoking rooms have windows that don't open but the rooms were big enough that there wasn't a problem. Hope this helps!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
maggie
"A nice winter getaway"
Couldn't risk traveling with an oncoming storm so we stayed the night and had a great time
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Rt 31 construction was the only location problem"
It was very relaxing to arrive early for the PADS "Dancing with the Stars" fund raiser in regular clothing, then change for the event. My wife and I were able to dance, have cocktails, and enjoy ourselves knowing that we were an elevator ride to "home for the night."
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Non smoking room not really non smoking"
This would have been one of the best hotel stays I ever had, except that my room smelled horribly of cigarettes even though I had requested a non smoking room. Upon asking for another room, they were unable to accommodate me at the rate I had paid, therefore leaving me in a really smelly room. My wife who is pregnant spent the whole weekend sick. It was unfortunate since it really was a very nice hotel
2 night family trip Jan 10, 2014
Serian
"Restaurant Staff"
The quality of the breakfast buffet was poor, and the dinner the night before took forever as they were grossly understaffed as our poor waitress had to service 6 families and 10 kids.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Had a great time and very friendly staff..
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2013
"Pretty good place"
The hotel is quite large and the lobby is spacious. The staff are very friendly as well. The room is average sized, bed is pretty comfortable. There was also a big couch and desk.The tv could use some work though, a channel was unviewable and the display was really dim. They do have room service up until 10pm which is good too. Overall it was a good stay for one night.
1 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2013
"Everything was great!"
Everything was as expected. I would stay here again for sure.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"No water"
Water pressure in shower and room kept cutting out. Not low pressure. No pressure. Stood in shower at one point for 3 min with no water. This happened twice and when I asked front desk, response was "maybe because so many people were taking a shower". Unacceptable
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Understaffed"
Check in errors, keys not working, understaffed bar & restaurant the next morning, but other than that, pretty good. Staffing issues could have been foreseen. The room was clean and laid out well.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Jackie
"Exactly what I expected"
The place was perfect for what we needed. It was relatively inexpensive and still high quality.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
My family and I really enjoyed our stay, it was the 730 in the morning knock on the door from the housekeeper asking when we were going to leave so she could clean the room. I was not pleased when my kids woke up from the early morning knock.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Lynne
Clean. Great service. Friendly people. Restaurant has good reasonably priced food.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Menu needs expansion."
The hotel is very nice. Nice layout, amenities, etc. The restaurant could use a few more entrees on the menu. Pretty limited selection.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"A pleasant business trip to the city..."
I had a quick business trip up to Chicago and found this amazing hotel to conduct all my meetings and business without needing to even leave the property for 3 days!!! I'll defifinetly stay again on my return visits!!!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
cj
"Extremely uncomfortable and dirty room."
I was very disappointed in the condition of my room. The sofa upholstery was stained and there were crumbs all over the seat cushions. The lamp shades were stained and filthy and the bed skirt was stained as well. I asked to be moved and was told that there were no other smoking rooms available and then offered a complimentary breakfast. I was staying for two nights to visit my gravely ill father and was hoping for a comfortable place to rest after very emotionally draining visit. The filthy condition of the room made it impossible for me too sleep. Stayed two nights and then moved to the Best Western where breakfast is complimentary every day.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Caryn
not worth the price we paid. much better choices in the area for the money.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
frank
Its hard to say. I left Crystal Lake 45 years ago so I guess my feelings were clouded by how much it has grown and changed. I miss the old town. The hotel was rather far from everything I was attending but I don't know what you could do about that. The hotel was what I expected.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Ok for one night"
Overall our stay was fine for a one night stay. The staff was courteous but you could tell that they were flustered by the influx of guests during a busy Saturday wedding afternoon. The room itself was ok. It was clean but smelled as if it had previously been a smoking room. The walls were thinner and you could hear the maid running the vaccum in the room above us. The TV was unplugged for no certain reason, but that's pretty minor. For a room that we were only in to sleep before traveling home it was fine. Would I stay long term? I would probably shop around a bit more.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013