All hotels in South Padre Island, Texas, United States of America
901 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX, 78597, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"First time stay at the Blue Bay"
The management was very accommodating. We were missing some of the amenities we were promised,such as pots and pans and kitchen ware, etc.,which would have made the stay a bit more "homey", but, my wife was never one much to cook often while we were vacationing. Besides that, there are sooo many places for good meals close by, that in the 17 days we stayed there, we only visited one eatery more than once and that was the Fisherman's Restaurant in Port Isabel right on the main drag (Rte 100) It is just a small, seats maybe 30 people at once, Mom and Pop and Son (Steve) restaurant, where the food is always made fresh to order and they offer, daily, Mom's freshly baked cakes, pies, turnovers, croissants, and wonderful breads. The swimming pool and spa were a nice touch, but it was a little too chilly for me to take advantage of them. A nice patio with cabana and facilities is available. If you're lucky enough to get a 3rd or 4th floor balcony room, the bay watching is fantastic. All of the different species of waterfowl make it a birder's paradise. Watching dolphins move in and out of the channels. Egrets, herons, harriers and ospreys hunt the waters every day. Local and vacationing fishermen wade the flats to wet a line in the channels and compete with the boating fishermen. Trout and drum are there for the taking. Whiting are another popular quarry. Up the island is the Bird Sanctuary, Turtle Rescue and miles of open beaches. The Wave can get you there...free.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Glenn & Rita
We had an awesome time very please with the hotel we recommended thanks Expedia❤️
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
This is the fourth time that we stood in the Island in different hotels and this was the best by far. Our family enjoyed ourselves and hope to return there again.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Manuel
"great and friendly service"
Great and friendly staff. Rooms are larger then I expected and view of the bay is great.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
Alice
"A birthday gift stay"
I enjoyed my stay with my partner at this location. It was a great gift for her birthday, the only thing was that our neighbors had the t.v. Really loud but other than that it was nice. Thank you for the service.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Horrible!"
The people upstairs were too loud. They kept us up past 2. Sounded like they were moving furniture around and running. Called front desk said they would check it out problem was never resolved. Towels smelled like vomit. Ants on sink counter
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
vanessa
"EXCELLENT"
Great, friendly service! Nice clean room! Breakfast was a little weak but thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel for its friendly service and great value!
2 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
BARBARA
"good value"
a good busget priced hotel this is our 5th stay and have had no problems
1 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
wayne
"Average"
The outside pool was so cold approximately 60 F.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
"Nice stay, SPI"
Everything was great except the room had a wet carpet smell. Didn't see or feel the carpet wet, but smelled that way. Only spent one night, the breakfast provided was great and so was the hotel staff.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Ronnie
"Weekend to remember"
If the room would have had a working remote control, it would have been a perfect weekend. Cannot express how wonderful the staff is. Great rooms and spacious bathrooms. Loved it.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"great staff"
It was great for the price. Me and my boyfriend loved it. And the staff were very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't mind staying again. :)
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Rebecca
"Nice, relaxing stay."
Great just to get away and enjoy the island. Close to bars and restaurants. Great stay.
"A great impression upon arrival to SPI"
the staff at the hotel were very nice to me, I really felt welcome (Aaron & Wishper were very nice and friendly), I liked the hotel a lot, as days were passing I was very satisfied with my stay, the location was great and even that I read bad reviews about the place being remodel it didn't bother me at all... I got a nice and clean room on the first floor next to the pool, I opened the door and spend a lot of time in the balcony but I got some insect bites, I thought mosquito bites, second day where worst then on third day it was very bad. I told Aaron upon checking out more as a comment than a as complain, he apologies and offer me to go check the room which I said there's no need to, it may happen due to the back room door being opened, I still have no complains about my stay just that little issue that I can't really blame at the hotel...
FERNANDO
"Decieving"
Horrible
2 night trip Nov 8, 2014
Naomi
"Awesome weekend trip!!!"
Management was very accommodating, very friendly staff. Manager escorted me to my room to make sure I would be ok with it, which I was. Clean room, comfortable, wonderful view, cool tempurature, no problems at all. Never had an issue with parking or noise, even though my room was above the swimming pool. Once the patio door was closed, I couldn't hear any outside noises. Will definitely be staying there again on my next visit to South Padre Island. The breakfast on Saturday morning, you make your own waffles, which I was ok with, not really a breakfast person. My room had a microwave, mini fridge, small kitchenette (stovetop, sink, cabinets), and a nice metro sofa, it was very nice.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Steven H.
"Clean, comfortable, quiet, convenient, inexpensive"
First time using Expedia. Very pleased with room. Very clean rooms & comfortable beds. I would totally Recommend this place.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Denise
"COURTEOUS STAFF"
ROOM WAS CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. STAFF WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ENSURE OUR NEEDS WERE MET. FRIENDLY MANAGER.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
TINA
"Fantastic facilities Excellent Staff. Recommend"
Love the hotel. Employees very accommodating wonderful view on bay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
jackie (memaw)
"Horrible Experience"
Very unprofessional staff, drove in from Austin walked into the hotel being told i cannot stay due to expired card was explaining the inconvenience, was being spoken over by front desk staff. Will never stay at location again.
Cesar
Tried to call the location all day to confirm our reservations ans let them know we were running late but no one answered the phone. When we arrived they had already given someone our room. They were not professional about the situation. They did not have empathy. They could care less that we had traveled 6 hours. The whole experience was terrible. Luckily we were able to find another hotel down the street to stay at. The customer service at that hotel was wonderful!
Vaquez
"worst experience ever"
It was my daughter's birthday weekend we tried checking in, the frint desk people were rude and lied they gave away our rooms without informing also charging my debit card without authorization. The front desk manager whatever he was rude on top of that the phone number on the website doesnt work their excuse was they had wiring problem. Worst experience ever very unprofessional i drove all the way from Austin to deal with this mess very disappointed. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying in that hotel
margarita
"Loved It...."
Absolutely Wonderful...... Loved the Hotel, Beautiful Room.... Great Staff....
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
EC
"Not ready yet"
This hotel is in the process of updating (I think...mattresses stacked against the building outside on the way to the pool as well as large pieces of furniture, huge roll of carpet in the main entrance) but not ready yet. The breakfast was TERRIBLE, all processed sugar foods, not a single piece of fruit or real OJ. I had a suite with a kitchen, didn't do me any good since their wasn't a single dish in the cabinent, not even a wine opener or wine glass! Don't plan on having any toilettries provided either...
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"FRIENDLY FRONT DESK - GOOD SERVICE"
great front desk ... very friendly guy at the check inn ... there was a brand new beds ... great price. breakfast good.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
It was okay they had alot of freaking bugs though very nasty but other than that room was okay for the price.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
mrs p
"Horrible Experience"
This was a horrible experience. I will never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Keitha
"Ok hotel"
Had a good time and there was a ship thatwashed up shore.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Victor
"Excellent Customer Service"
Though the hotel was going through renovations the customer service their was excellent! And that rules over everything. Can't wait for the finish product! Time were nice and spacious and hotel was just minutes away from the beach which was too amazing!! Thanks blue bay I'll be seeing you so again!
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Shandalyn Jackson-Stokes
"Good hotel"
Very friendly staff and upgraded us for free. Hotel is under construction but is still a great value. Close to all the shopping.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Nice and clean hotel; I will stay there again for sure
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great staff, tired furnishings."
The staff were great, hotel is awkward location. Generally good experience but I'm easy to please.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
mark
"Mediocre"
The hotel was kinda sketchy, but I never felt unsafe, even though all the entrance doors to the hotel were unlocked at all times of the day. They have all the amenities you need, especially if you're on a budget and wanna spend time in South Padre Island. It's not bad, but it's no luxury hotel, considering the price you pay for the rooms. It's a great location on the island. Breakfast is minimal with very few options and they never cleaned our room even though I stayed for two nights. I'd recommend it if you just need a place to sleep and stay at in Padre. Nothing fancy, but not too bad.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Anna
Okay overall. Nothing to write home about, but nothing terrible either.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"A NICE PLACE TO STAY"
NICE EASY GOING AND RELAXING
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Id rather sleep on the beach"
Worst hotel ever. I don't recommend using this hotel unless you want to feel like you are being ripped off. Hotel staff is unprofessional and rude. Hotel is filthy, deteriorated, and looks as if it is almost never cleaned.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Summer Traveller
"DISAPPOINTING"
1. CHECK IN WENT SMOOTH AND PROBLEM FREE 2. THE SECOND FLOOR WHERE WE STAYED HAD AN UNPLEASANT ODOR THE ENTIRE STAY. 3. THE TOILET WOULD NOT FLUSH SO I HAD TO FIX THE CHAIN TO GET IT TO FLUSH 4. THE ADVERTISED WI-FI DID NOT REACH THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL. WE HAD NO INTERNET SERVICE IN OUR ROOM. 5. THE A/C DID NOT SEEM TO BE WORKING PROPERLY. IT WOULD GET REAL HOT IN THE ROOM THEN COOL DOWN...WOKE UP SEVERAL TIMES WITH THE ROOM BEING WARM 6. COFFE POT IN THE BATHROOM...(NOT SURE HOW SANITARY THAT IS) WAS DIRTY WITH GRINDS STILL IN THE FILTER
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
MELISSA
"Don't Stay Here-Worst Hotel Ever!!"
Save yourself a lot of grief and money and stay somewhere else! We paid for a non-smoking suite. The first room we where given had been smoked in and had a huge hole in the ceiling above the shower. We demanded another room and were given a smaller non-suite. Two days into the stay in the second room we found two huge roaches in the bathroom. A staff member came up with a can of Raid and sprayed the bathtub and threw the dead bugs in our trash! They had trash bags piled up on the side of the hotel with cats digging through them! No wonder they have roaches! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"okay but could of been better"
Decent room but was somewhat cramped. Liked the balcony and view. Hallways had a odor. Its an okay place to stay at but I doubt I'd recommend any one to stay there.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
"Very Disappointed"
It was disappointing from the start. They are working on the hotel and making some great improvements but have a long ways to go. Our fridge didn't work, our sleeper sofa was broken and when I asked about it I was told it wasn't supposed to be a sleeper. ....even though the room online said it was........my sister had to be let in her room twice because the door handle didn't work and breakfast was less than average and they made sure to get it put up quickly. The air conditioner couldn't keep the room cool.
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Katie Cook
"Just to take a shower and some sleep."
Continental breakfast is a big joke. Nobody is replenishing it, so good luck to get coffee or bread after 8am. Waffles are a disaster and no eggs or fruit. I got a deluxe room and comes with a fridge and a microwave, no coffee provided unless you ask for it and only decaf. No conditioner in the shower, floors dirty too, so keep ur flip flops on. Swimming pool not inviting at all.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Edan and family
"good for the price"
rooms were clean and well maintained staff was friendly TV did not get very good reception and not very many channels. the "Free" WiFi is a waste if you could get on it was super slow so not very useful. but over all not a bad place to stay biggest issue is the distance to the beach, hotel is on the bay side with no access to it and the Gulf side is a long walk to the public beach area so you have to driver over to it and hope you can find a parking spot.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Hotel ok"
Hotel was ok but had booked a room with king size bed and kitchenette and balcony view. Got it but had 2 queen beds. Was told no king beds available, although I thought that was what reservations were for. One queen bed was right next to kitchenette area so was difficult to get to sink. They said they could take that bed out but we still didn't have a king bed. Unfortunately balcony was right above pool area. Also no discount for not getting what we wanted.Think it was overpriced
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Ana
"Never Again"
I was very disappointed. I made my reservation with at least 1 week in advance. When I arrived, the front desk staff was playing around and didn't even bother to tell me where the elevator was at. I was given a room different from the one I requested, so I called front desk and asked to be moved to another room. Front desk replied by saying they did not have rooms available. After 10 mins they called the room and asked me to go downstairs. I had to take my luggage just so that they could give me a key to the room next door. Room was not as it appeared on the pictures, mattress was terrible, towels were dirty, couches were torn and there was construction going on two doors down the hall that would not let me rest.
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great place to stay..."
We've been to CC and Galveston dozens of times in 31 years but SPI always seemed too far away. When we arrived appx 2pm the room was ready and check-in was fast. The AC was on already and after a long drive in an open top Tracker was certainly welcomed.The bed, bath, flat screen tv, towels...all was as it should be. The tiled walk in shower was really nice.There was a certain amount of renovation going on but was at decent 8-5 hours and did not conflict with us at all...very little road noise as well.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"I would stay here again!"
The staff and managers were great. They recommended things for us to do. And was always there to help out with any questions that we had. Rooms were clean, and they are all being updated. Pool was nice also. The only complaint that we had was about our room description, we had booked a Bay View room, our room was a view of the Pool Bathrooms, not the Bay! So we were not real happy about that. But otherwise we would stay here again.They also had a great breakfest every morning.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Not too bad not too good"
Wooden floors looks nice but feels sticky if u walk barefoot compared to carpet. Outlets to charge my phone were very inconveniently located. Bed aheets could do better. Size of room is good beds comfortable. Good size bathroom
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Good price and close to the beach!"
The staff or I guess the manager was really nice! They wouldn't give us enough towels for the four of us though! The pool was really crowded all the time. Breakfast wasn't mentioned at the time of check in, there was missing some cleanex in the bathroom. The day before out chck out one of the beds wasn't made. For the price I payed it wasn't bad I guess.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
MARIA
"Great location great price"
The front desk people were great all of the super friendly,when we got to the room it smelled very clean,the air conditioner was very cold,just how we like it,we had a balcony room,the view was great,a lot of parking spaces available,we always have this problem in the area no parking spaces in other hotels.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Jorge
"Would stay here again"
Not a bad experience, room was clean and worth my money.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014