All hotels in South Padre Island, Texas, United States of America

Reasonable beach
    Food is not good
    Bad pool
"BAD AND EVEN MORE BAD"
other than smelling like bleach and clean and a good location this motel is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD and hotels.com is WORSE WORSE WORSE WORSE WORSE
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Alright hotel for the price"
Overall okay stay. Location is good, close by stores and food, but we had to drive to the beach. Advertises deluxe breakfast but really is store bought muffins, and one waffle maker. Very disappointed about that. Room and restroom were spacious though. Check in and check out were easy. Jacuzzi was hot but couldn't find button for bubbles.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Mia
"Lots of maintenance issues"
Stayed there.a.few.days after the july 4th weekend.. Roach's in the restroom, fart fan in restroom not working. Pool area very rundown, decking around pool rotten and collapsing, tile around pool missing. Paint in pool deteriorating. Young kids playing in pool screaming and hollering at 12:30am, signs.clearly posted pool.closes.at 10pm..gates to pool left unlocked and propped open. Continental breakfast no napkins milk or juice was put out. Had to ask guy at desk that was very busy on his personal phone for supplies. Emplyees washing there trucks in drive turnaround at entrance. First floor ice machine not putting out ice was told to go to third floor to get ice. While checking out another guest was complaing they were doulble charged on credit card and were told they would have to wait till clears bank, but they could not leave because money was not available on their bank card because of the double charge. Really beleive room should have been a 80 dollar room. Will never go there again!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
wes
"Family vacation"
When we got there there were roaches all over the place in the room and spider webs. When we brought this to the front desk, they offered us a room which had just been used and it still smelled from the person who used it. The next day we were moved to another room which was better but still had roaches. We had to buy our own Raid to fumigate the room.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Jesus
Had a good stay it was me and my husband's lil get away... and already planning to revisit with the family. Will definitely be back overall had a very pleasant stay in our room and staff was great as well .
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Do better."
Stayed in better conditions for price.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Samuel
Great hotel for the price. Paid 5 bucks extra for a bay view which was really nice to watch fireworks.
3 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Angela
Awesome stay , very nice staff . No complaints at all
2 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
miranda
"False Advertising"
There was nothing about this room equivalent to what was shown online. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Great deal!!! Cozy rooms!!!
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Fidel
"Dirty and Expensive"
Staff was ok but room was dirty. Air conditioner and refrigerator didn't work correctly. Told staff about puddle of water in the middle of the room and no one came to check on where the water came from. We paid a lot of money and feel we got maybe 1/5 of what we paid for.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"HORRIBLE"
The rooms were definatly outdated, the windows in our room were broken,the staff was un-friendly, and the "Free" breakfast was horrible. We had to wait in line for 15 minutes just to use the ONE waffle machine for breakfast. Our only other breakfast option was old/cold doughnuts. Definately not worth the price!!
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Jackie
"Overpriced mediocre at best hotel"
Would not recommend something so mediocre at best. Price not worth stay. pros: Basic necessities were met. Had a jacuzzi. Didn't use. Free Parking. Soft bed. Hot shower. Okay location. Fridge and microwave. Flat screen tv. Wifi. Cons: 1. Hotel is owned by a guy and run by his sons or nephews that are pretty young and do not know anything about hospitality and making people feel welcome. Don't expect a friendly "hello" or "how is your stay so far" because they are just lazy kids not properly trained like real staff at a better hotel. Yeah, they have no common sense. Just expect a kid on his phone not really working. 2. Overpriced. Any hotel 50 bucks or less is worth the same as this hotel. Don't pay more than 50/night. I've been to other hotels that were cheaper and pretty much got the same experience. 3. Breakfast sucked a s s. No protein present at all...at least have some boiled eggs or pigs in a blanket. There was only cereal, bread, bagels (no cream cheese), waffle maker, coffee, nasty tasting juices, and jelly rolls. Unfulfilling. Get a better hotel and go to Yummies for breakfast (awesome food!) 4. Room was very humid and missing furniture like chairs to the table. 5. The same room I was in went for 84 when I ordered it. Then it was 59 the day of me arriving. Then it was 229 for Friday night! Not worth it! 6. They will charge a resort fee of 10 a night. Resort fee? Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhh.... Yeaaaaaahhh...this hotel is lame.
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"Convenient"
Convenient stay. Excellent location. Nice room and service. Great view of the bay.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Room had roaches. Other than that it was good
2 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
"Pretty relaxed..."
Not the most luxurious hotel, but it was a good stay. Big thank you to the guy at the front desk for letting us check in early. We'd been camping at the beach for 2 days and this just made our day. Pretty relaxed & chilled out place.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Veronica
"Very happy"
Very good experience. Staff is nice and humble. Room was very clean. Beaches were near by. I can see sea from balcony.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
SHAILESH KUMAR
"never again"
KILLED 5 ROACHES WITHIN 7 HRS STILL GOT 9HRS TO GO LETS SEE HOW MANY MORE COME OUT...FIRST AND LAST TIME HERE TOOK PICS BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"Double date couple from tucson az"
Went on a double date to the island for 2 days. For the price, hotel was awesome!!
1 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
Jose
"Quick Family Getaway"
Our family stayed for 4 nights. It was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were a good size and clean. The breakfast a little light. It looks like the hotel is going through some renovations/getting updated. Overall it was a nice stay.
4 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Great little budget"
We stayed for three nights. It was a great place to stay and a good bargain to go along with it. Staff pleasant and the hotel was immaculate and not grungy rundown. Will stay there again on a return trip[
2 night family trip May 26, 2015
Erin
"Blue bay"
Our stay was very delightful, friendly staff and very clean and nice rooms.The hotels location is excellent for walking and shopping.
3 night family trip May 27, 2015
santiago
"Good stay!"
Overall nice hotel. Mattresses could be upgraded.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
Eva
"Business trip"
The front desk service was poor. I had to get the greeter's attention and he didn't even acknowledge that my coworkers and I were waiting to be assisted. He mixed up our bills and when we corrected him he had an attitude. A roach was in my co workers shower and in her room.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Blue Bay Get Away"
A good beach hotel, comfortable, clean,new towels,comfortable bed.Pool area is nice. Frig needs painting Brian & Mary Beth
3 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Bad"
Room was ok but a lot of cockroaches in restroom microwave I had to change rooms 2 times
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"A great Value"
This hotel has spent a lot of money modernizing and the rooms are beautiful with new premium bedding and a large flat panel HD tv.Always a very clean room.I have stayed here many times and it's my hotel of choice.A great value for the price.
2 night trip May 3, 2015
"l love it there"
Great place and awesome personnel
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
jesus
Great hotel!!! Definitely will stay there again hotel is within walking distance from stores, beach and restaurants
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
alexia
"NEVER AGAIN!"
While this hotel was adequate for my purposes, it was far below expectations. From the breakfast being limited to cold cereal or small pastries, to waffles, that was only a minor issue. The main issue was the cost. Beginning with approximately $33.00 the first night, $78.00 the second night to $135.00 the third night, it was a travesty of over charging. Never stay there again.
3 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Len
"Don't expect the hotel staff to enforce any rules"
We stayed here on a Friday which happened to be during Easter weekend. Upon check in and getting to our room we noticed our "neighbors" had at LEAST a dozen teenagers in their room. Later we went and mentioned it to the front desk and they had them removed since apparently one of their parents rented the room but failed to mention anything about the frat party that was going to take place. The replacement neighbors turned out to be worse. Smoking in the NON-SMOKING room and in the hallway right outside our door as well. There were beer bottles and cans and even a whisky bottle around the pool. Pool was suppose to be closed at 10 pm but these people were out there until 4 am, drinking, smoking (not just cigarettes) and being noisy. After our 3rd complaint to the front desk we finally gave up and figured they were only interested in lining their pockets with money instead of thinking about its guests. If you are looking for a place to party and do whatever you want this hotel is for you. If you are looking for a nice place to rest after a fun day on the beach DON'T stay here. One word for the staff would be RUDE.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Too noisy and run down"
The hotel was too noisy. People partied all night with very loud music. The staff at the front desk did nothing about it. In addition, the hallways and rooms were dirty. We asked for clean towels and housekeeping had ran out of clean towels. For breakfast, there was a very long line for the one waffle maker (which was the only good breakfast item). In my opinion, this place should be a 1.5 stars (not 2.5).
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Char
"DO NOT STAY HERE!"
Terrible. They cancelled my reservation after I spoke with them front desk TWICE that day confirming my arrival. Once I arrived they put me in a room across from the vending machines- I requested balcony with kitchenette, got a regular room with a microwave and a view of the side brick wall for bank next door. After addressing this to the front desk the next day, a manager called back and said he would give me the room for a rate of $65/night. I paid $109/night on my final bill. I called and asked the front desk to send me a copy and have a manager call back to fix rate. That was Monday- it is now Friday with no call back.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Terez
"sneaky sales"
This hotel swindle us from the get go with their shady up charges.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
Gabriel
"blue bay inn"
we went over spring break. we expected a couch with a pull out in our room and there was not one. we were told that the king suite with the kitchen costed the same as a double bed room with a balcony but when we got there we were charged an extra $100. there was no gym, just a treadmill in the hallway. the hot tub was excessively dirty and was either way to hot or cold. the staff was super laid back which was great for the spring break experience.
2 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2015
Dalton
"ok but paper thin walls"
I am only writing a review because I do read them myself when making choices on places to stay and products I am interested in buying so I want to return the favor because they are very helpful when making wise choices. I booked this hotel at last minute during Spring Break time so the price was probably good especially because it was a weekend but would normally be too much for this type of room and hotel. Our room was located on the first floor and only steps from the front door and reception area. We could hear absolutely everyone enter all night long, check in at the desk, use the elevator and eating and consorting in the area for continental breakfast. This was annoying and I didn't have earplugs. We did not eat the breakfast but think it consisted of coffee, juice, cereal and waffles. I think. We were hoping to have a room with a view. Our view was of the next door building wall and a sidewalk leading to ? and could not see the bay at all. That was disappointing but realized the rooms with the views all had young spring breakers in and they were partying so that would have not been good either. Visited the pool area but it was filled with young spring breakers with bottles of booze. It was cold and rainy so it wasn't like we were going to swim anyway. The room itself was clean, was large (handicap accessible), nice kitchenette and ok tv. Upon arriving we did have to ask for a remote and for the staff to remove a small bed. The staff was accommodating.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
The hotel was actually way better than we expected. It was very clean and the king size bed was really comfortable. The hotel staff were great and made sure as guess we were taken care of at all times. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
4 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
Jawana
"NICE MOTEL"
Looks like they were remodeling. The staf went out of the way to make sure we had s good stay.
3 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Cecil
"Economical, but just OK otherwise"
I booked this hotel based on other reviews, but was a bit disappointed when I arrived. The staff took a very long time to check me in, for no apparent reason. The hotel lobby is a bit drab, and the room was also pretty plain, with no view at all. It did appear to be clean, but several of the lights in the room and bathroom were not working. At the end of the second floor hallway, the hall was blocked by a couch and mattresses that were stacked there. This effectively blocked my access to the nearest stairwell / fire exit! Breakfast was pretty skimpy, mostly donuts and cereal, although they do have a waffle machine available. The price was very reasonable, but this hotel could use some sprucing up. It probably suits the college kids on spring break fine, but I'll look for somewhere else next time I'm staying in the area.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Nice hotel looks out on the bay."
Nice hotel for the price. Staff friendly and helpful. Offered upgrade to a balcony room. Nice if you stay a few days as they have kitchenettes. Was great to have a room with a king and a queen bed as a option. Would stay again.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Jan
"Nice view of the bay"
The hotel was great for the price. The only complaint I would have is I wish the hot tub and pool were warmer.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"resevation not respected"
We could not get what we reserved. I think they gave our room to the couple before us who said that he did not get whathe reserved for (our friends). We had 2 quuen beds not one king. When I told him that I had the same thing last time at 45$. He said that their price change and he does not make any money with expedia.So he said that I will have a refund next day on check out. on check out no note nothing on computer so no refund.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Carole
Nice hotel. The morning waffle was amazing.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
ann
"Unsatisfied Client"
When I rented the hotel I asked for a 1 king bed, upon arrival I got a room with 2 beds, I also paid a pretty good amount of money to have a balcony and bay view. My room was 1st floor and because of the swimming pool view I couldn't even view the bay. When I went to go tell the reception area about the 2beds and my concerns I was moved to the second floor. Second floor did have 2 beds (which was something I did not want) but one of the beds luckily was a king bed. Also neither of the beds had blankets. It did have the covers but no blankets to cover up at night. The shower did not even have a curtain so when we showered there was water all over the floor. Honestly to me it was a bad experience, I paid a higher price to have a comfortable stay and things turned out differently. I honestly doubt I will ever stay again or recommend this hotel to anyone. Sorry about giving such a negative feed back.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"A quick 2 day get away."
We were very pleased with this hotel. It had been recently updated. Rooms were clean. Sometimes hotels in a tourist area are beat up. This one was excellent.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Comfortable for the price"
Room was comfortable for the price. Not luxury but clean with typical furnishings, refrigerator, microwave. Staff was courteous and competent.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Inexpensive"
Perfect if all you are looking for is a clean place to sleep at night. Continental breakfast includes coffee, milk, juice, cold cereal, waffles, bagels, and toast. Pool is not heated. Hot tub not very warm either. Our balcony view was of the poolside bar....
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Charged a $5 Resort fee per day."
the motel is pretty run down but everything works and it's a great location. The rate was appropriate for the service and location. I found it very irritating that when we came to check in the attendant demanded a $5 per night "Resort Fee" He then informed us that he could give us a room immediately (about 11:00 AM) but there would be a $20 early check in fee. I offered to come back later. He relented and gave us a room for a $5 early check in fee. The pool and patio is really tacky but we spent a couple of hours sunning there.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Lorens
"Been in every hotel on the island pretty much"
Well I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It's literally right across the street from McDonalds and like 200 feet from a nice eatery called Gabriella's Pizza Italian Restaurant. The Manager is really cool and the hotel is very clean. What I liked best about my room was the floors are a nice dark brown maple wood look but they are actually vinyl. High ceilings and bathroom is nice size. I think the hotel is nice if you can catch a deal under 50 bucks. If you book hotels on this website try to find the best deals by waiting until the last minute. I found that if you wait you get the best deals because I was about to get the room for around 30 bucks verses 60 or 70. But if you plane coming for Spring Break of course you will want to book ahead of time before all the rooms are booked and it will cost you a arm and a leg since all hotels up their price 90%.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"One night stay"
Hotel staff was very friendly, room was clean and comfortable. Will be staying here again.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015