All hotels in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
8040 13th Street/I-495, 2mi S of I-495 Ex 31B on US 29, Silver Spring, MD, 20910, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.4
    2.6
    2.3
    2.8
"A place to stay if you could not dive any further."
A marginal place to stay. The manager and desk clerks are friendly and accommodating. The room door did not seal shut and I needed to place towels in the gaps to help prevent the cigarette smoke from entering the room. There were a lot of smokers around the exterior walkways. The bathroom would be filled with cigarette smoke if you did not leave the bathroom fan on all the time. The main Days Inn (Wyndham) reservations messed up my reservations logging my planned stay for the week as one day. I returned to find my belongings in a plastic trash bag in the main office. I was every embarrassed. The manager worked with Hotels.com and secured me another room for the remainder of my planned stay. Wyndham on the other hand had no interest or concern in helping resolve the problem. They denied that it was their mistake even when presented with documentation. The Wyndam representative was obviously annoyed by my call and saw no value in understanding or helping correct the problem. You judge a company on their ability to handle problems as they arise. My advise is to avoid any Wyndam property.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Your review means a lot to us. I am sorry your reservation dates were not corrected before you arrived. We know how you must feel when you face a problem that was not expected or planned. Know that we will always make sure that things work out for you our guest. I am sorry your embarrassment and know that we will always be at your service.
5 night business trip May 4, 2014
"Washington DC prices?"
It was adequate and a place to sleep. Broken bath fixtures, cracked tiles, sink didn't drain, color TV shows only black and white, light switch at door turns of TV, on bureau drawer simply missing, lights at the bed don't work.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for the review and comment. Know we are committed in showing our very best service to each and every guest. I am sorry for your experience during your visit. New televisions have been installed and rooms are being updated daily. Thanks
Other trip May 18, 2014
Room Had mice behind ac unit. Needs updating bad.
Thanks for the rating
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Dt
"Not Staying here again!"
This place has gone to pot - clearly management has decided to let this hotel go to the drug dealers and hookers.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, First of all thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay. Thank You
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Days Inn, Silver Spring"
I booked a room for Sunday, April 13th, and I had trouble from the beginning. The troublesome evening began when I tried to check in. The front desk employee could not find my reservation; she had also called the hotel next door to check with them, but also found nothing. I checked itinerary with my tablet and showed it to her (after waiting through a few minutes of small talk with another guest), but she still insisted that there was nothing. After some more waiting, they found my name among the reservations, but for some reason, it had been scheduled for the next day. I finally called Expedia to confirm the reservation and try to resolve the problem; the lady (whose name I could not remember now) was very helpful and prompt. After my itinerary was faxed to Days Inn, I finally got my room key, and thankfully, the staff understood that I had already paid for my stay. Unfortunately, I was late to the concert where I had gone that evening. I was a hotel employee myself, and I do understand that mistakes are made, but I expect such preventable and time-consuming missteps like that to be avoided. If a refund is possible, I would like one.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear guest, We are sorry that you had to wait a long time to check-in. Our goal is to service our guest with a 3-5 per check-in. But we would like to thank you for your understanding and patience with this matter; and would;d also like to thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. Have a great day!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Rhea
"College Road Trip Stay"
The room was clean, but smelled as if it was a smoking room when I requested a non-smoking room. However, the room was clean and the hotel staff cleaned the rooms daily.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Days Inn in Silver Spring.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"terrable"
this place is the worst!
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear guest, We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay and would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review. We want you to know that we are constantly updating our property and it rooms to accommodate our guest with a pleasant and a satisfying stay. Thank you,
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
It's located close to downtown Silver Spring where the A F I theatre and the Fillmore are located. Close to busy nite life of Silver Spring.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for your comment. We receive lots of guest that are visiting the AFI theatre and the Fillmore.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Horrible service
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
"Sewage in the bath tub!"
I can safely say this is the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Switched rooms 3 different times. 1st room sink didnt drain & no light bulb in lamp next to bed. 2nd room light above sink didnt work, flush the toilet & raw sewage comes back up into the bath tub. 3rd room door didnt close all of the way. Lock didnt work. I would have left before I stayed the 1st night but I booked on line & it was non refundable. This hotel was disgusting, Unfortunately my funds didnt allow me to go else where after already paying for this nastiness. This place does not even deserve 1 star
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, We appreciate your comment and apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay. We have made changes and updates to our guest rooms since your last stay for a more pleasant and enjoyable stay for all of our guests.
3 night trip Feb 23, 2014
Cheryl
Nice and enjoyable
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn in Silver Spring, we really appreciate your comments and we are glad to hear that you had a enjoyable and a pleasant stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2014
Kitana
"Near Downtown"
It was satisfactory
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thank you for choosing Days Inn in Silver Spring for an overnight stay. We are glad to hear that you had a enjoyable stay. We have made changes to the property since your last visit. So, the next time you are in town please do visit us and give us an review on the updates. Thank you once again!
2 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Richie
"Unsafe"
Very unsafe to stay. Drunk ppl all around. Middle of the night drunk teenagers banged all the hotel ropm doors m rN away. Staff was rude. Only saving grace were room cleaners who did a greT job
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
manny
"At least it's cheap and pretty clean"
Arrived near midnight, tired after a long drive. Your room, #218, is "over there". Upstairs, the rooms go from 210 to 212 then stop. Other rooms start in the 100's. I return back to the lobby and ask if there reallyis a room 218. "Of course. The rooms go up to 250." The Security Guard finally took me to the room which was in a different building. Someone had been smoking heavily in the bathroom, and the heat didn't work. The room wasn't dirty. They're not trying too hard.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
"There is something moving in the walls"
After I started sleeping, I hear rattling noises coming from a corner of the room. Then the rattling noise would move across the room as if coming on the bed. I turned the light on and would find nothing. This happened again after I turned the light off, and the process repeated for multiple hours. I ripped the bed apart and didn't find anything, and I ended up sleeping with the light on. Didn't get much sleep that night for an early interview. And I think there is some thing moving in between walls.
1 night business trip Nov 25, 2013
"Nice staff, not so nice room."
The gentleman working the front desk during my check-in was pleasant and helpful. The room I received was a different story. The door to the room was stuck so I had to lean on it so that it would open. Once I entered the room, I was greeted by a huge, dark stain on the carpet. The bathroom showed signs of wear and the bed was uncomfortable. The room needed some upgrades.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
Likes Quality
"Okay."
Totally okay for a one-night stopover. Wouldn't recommend for more than that. Bed was comfortable enough, but the room didn't get dark and the door didn't close properly, so the room was freezing even with the heater on.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
anna
"Overall, Pretty Good"
They've (mostly) redone the rooms in a fairly stylish way. The biggest drawback is that the place is very hard to find, and it doesn't feel like an entirely safe area.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
cfbrrr
"Good price performer."
Comfortable bed. Clean. Very quiet.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"Bulletproof glass window at the checkin counter..."
...and it does not get much better from there. Few items were affixed solidly in the bathroom: facet was loose, towl bar severely mangled, shower handle rotated freely, etc. Moving on to the main room you need to lower your expectations further: wood rot around the door (it could have EASILY been kicked in), I can more easily name things that were not stained than those that were stained, and a small I cannot place. Honestly, I was afraid to have any of my things touch anything in this room.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Kurt
"Scary and Dirty"
The hotel is very rundown. Old carpet with stains. Reeks of Lysol or something to cover up the smell of mildew. The inside latch to lock the door had been ripped off so I felt unsafe and didn't stay. I had to book another hotel room somewhere else. So ended up paying for two hotel room that night!
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Denise Lindstrom
"Scariest place i have ever stayed !"
I made a huge mistake selecting this place. Sikver Springs is so cute and yet this place is like staying in a slum.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"We had to leave this hotel. It was not safe."
There was prostitution going on in one of the rooms near ours.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Served its purpose"
Hotel was dated on outside and the door to our room could have standed to be changed, but the location was perfect. 10 min walk to Metro and free parking is what brought me to chose this hotel. If those 2 things aren't as important, then I would chose a different hotel. There is a great staff working and they really are trying to update but right now it is still a little run down. No breakfast, but a 7-11 and McDonalds is within walking.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Fair to Good"
When I entered the room, I detected a smoke-related smell, even though the room was "non-smoking." Room condition was fair to good, and overall stay of 3 nights was comfortable. Room & aspects weren't the cleanest or newest, but I guess that's to be expected for being one of the lower-priced hotels in the area. Location was also good. Quality of service of staff agreeable and kind. Again, overall, the hotel room was comfortable and sufficient.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"run away"
If you want a clean room don't stay here.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great Value"
Nice price in a downtown location. Parking was free unlike other hotels in area. They have no breakfast just coffee so plan on eating out. Only Days Inn I have stayed that didn't have breakfast. Overall it was satisfactory for the money.
5 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
"Descent place to stay"
Hotel needed some updating but all in all it wasn't a bad place to stay.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
The overall maintenance of this facility is quite low. The smoke detector in my room went off for hours even after the night manager tried to reset it. there were no maintenance staff on that evening and I finally had to remove the unit from the wall. It was replaced during the next day and was never an issue again, Just looking at the conditions of the over all hotel conditions just screams that this hotel management is doing the least that they can do to keep the place functional.
2 night business trip May 22, 2013
Larryc
"Sliding to 1 star"
The biggest problem was the carpet. It was damp and dirty. There are not enough towels--- of doubtful cleanliness. The mattresses are comfortable.
3 night business trip May 20, 2013
E. Grant
Mold was on the walls. It smelled when I walked in and plus the WiFi signal was not strong. I willnot stay there again.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
"Save money. Stay away from it!"
Stay away from it. Dirty towels. Holes in blanket. Broken furniture. Huge crack in the door. We booked it for 2 nights. Could not bear all this so stayed just one night and run away from it.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"Good hotel for trip to DC"
I've stayed at this hotel twice and have no complaints. Never saw any bugs, staff was friendly, good value for what I paid and metro is a quick bike ride away to get into DC. Not the greatest neighborhood but I didn't see or hear anything shady going on even biking back in the wee hours of the morning. Not a vacation hotel, or one for kids or romance but I'll be returning again for my next trip!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Good for one night"
The hotel was very close to the metro so getting to DC was quick and simple. The reception was very nice and helpful. The room was fine for the price. For a business trip, I rely on coffee and though the hotel said it had 24 hour coffee in the lobby and a coffee maker in the room, there was no coffee in the lobby and no coffee maker in the room. But other than that, it was a great place to stay and I would have no problem staying there on a future trip.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2013
Business
was only in room for 5 hrs. tv was old (snow). ok for one night and few other options.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2013
"Less than stellar"
The roo was adequate, nothing more. The staff greets you from behind a plexiglass shield; all transactions are handlede via a tray under the window. The heating system is forced air, and not easily adjusted. The walkway outside the door was in poor repair and at the end of the walk were areas of broken cement.
Other trip Dec 13, 2012
Rambler
"Good stay for the money"
We were only in town for a night, but the room was clean,and the staff was friendly. There is a Subway on the premises so that was really convenient. We didn't see anyone hanging around outside like I had previously read in the reviews. But that could have been due to the fact that it was kinda cold out. So overall it was a good stay. I would definately stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2012
Trena
Worked out well for our trip to the Fillmore. Smelled pretty bad in our nonsmoking room but we were only there for one night. Check in was behind bullet proof glass. We walked to the venue and back but that might not have been the "smartest choice". Would stay there again if $$ was an issue otherwise, I'd pay more and stay closer.
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2012
Jenny
"Unfavorable"
Electrical outlets did not work. Toilet broke and once problem reported, management said they would come up but no one ever did. I was not comfortable in this room.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2012
"Just what we needed"
Everything went fine - aside from some minor things in the room (ex: alarm clock not functioning properly), it was just what we needed before we hit DC the following day. The front desk attendant was excellent!
1 night trip Oct 21, 2012
Johnsons
"Basic place to stay"
We needed a place to spend the night in northern DC area. Clean, decent beds, close to lots of places to eat and drink. Internet relatively fast and quite reliable. Exactly what we needed, nothing more.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
"Clean room, close to metro and downtown area."
we stayed just for a couple of night, but the room was clean and very rate affordable for an Hotel in the Downtown silvers pring area.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2012
skk1978
"a hole in the wall"
The internet was out all day and when it finally came back on at 10pm the router nearest me needed rebooting but they said "only the maintenance person can do that". Every time I called they acted like it was the first time they heard about the issue until I reminded them this is the 6th time I have called, The room was ok, the bed was ok, the TV was 20 years old and the programing was annoying; same channels repeated about 20 times with a few cable channels scatters in them.
Other trip Sep 30, 2012
Good price for stay in Silver Spring
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
I drove by and saw a group of people miling about, the hotel was a dump, so I drove on and ended up paying an enormous amount to stay in a safer part of town.
Business trip Sep 13, 2012
"Best Hotel for my Money"
It was a great experience my whole family enjoy it.
Family trip Sep 7, 2012

"Very good accommodation in terms of cost."
The bed is really very comfortable. The room is equipped with all necessary appliances.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Iftekhar
MY
"Travelers from canada"
we travel to silver springs... the days inn was ok... we when to see Washington D.C. about 30 min it was great... the days inn cleaning staff was not friendly... but the front desk staff was great... all in all the days inn in silver springs was ok for what we payed and it gave us the chance to see D.C. whit out having to pay to much money for the 3 nights spent.
3 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Not so happy with the rooms"
Standard of rooms very poor. Any complaints made by guests were not attended to.
3 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
Mr Ransiri
"A stay you don't want to experience"
The temperatures in Washington during our 7 day stay were in the high 90's to 100. The swimming pool was never available. The air conditioning was extremely noisy and effected any sleep you could get and ineffective to the stage where we had to be moved rooms because it finally failed! There were 4 of us in the room but never did we receive any more the 2 towels a day and they were of an extremely small size and next to useless. On the most important day (my sons wedding) we were there, we ordered a taxi in the morning for the late afternoon with the temperature 100 we waited outside for 10 minutes but when asking at the office after that time the person said "oh no I forgot to order it" !!!!!!!!! Obviously we were late for the wedding.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013