All hotels in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here8040 13th Street/I-495, 2mi S of I-495 Ex 31B on US 29, Silver Spring, MD, 20910, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.6
    2.7
    2.4
    2.1
    2.9
"Nice staff, not so nice room."
The gentleman working the front desk during my check-in was pleasant and helpful. The room I received was a different story. The door to the room was stuck so I had to lean on it so that it would open. Once I entered the room, I was greeted by a huge, dark stain on the carpet. The bathroom showed signs of wear and the bed was uncomfortable. The room needed some upgrades.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
Likes Quality
"Okay."
Totally okay for a one-night stopover. Wouldn't recommend for more than that. Bed was comfortable enough, but the room didn't get dark and the door didn't close properly, so the room was freezing even with the heater on.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
anna
"Overall, Pretty Good"
They've (mostly) redone the rooms in a fairly stylish way. The biggest drawback is that the place is very hard to find, and it doesn't feel like an entirely safe area.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
cfbrrr
"Good price performer."
Comfortable bed. Clean. Very quiet.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"Bulletproof glass window at the checkin counter..."
...and it does not get much better from there. Few items were affixed solidly in the bathroom: facet was loose, towl bar severely mangled, shower handle rotated freely, etc. Moving on to the main room you need to lower your expectations further: wood rot around the door (it could have EASILY been kicked in), I can more easily name things that were not stained than those that were stained, and a small I cannot place. Honestly, I was afraid to have any of my things touch anything in this room.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Kurt
"Scary and Dirty"
The hotel is very rundown. Old carpet with stains. Reeks of Lysol or something to cover up the smell of mildew. The inside latch to lock the door had been ripped off so I felt unsafe and didn't stay. I had to book another hotel room somewhere else. So ended up paying for two hotel room that night!
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Denise Lindstrom
"Scariest place i have ever stayed !"
I made a huge mistake selecting this place. Sikver Springs is so cute and yet this place is like staying in a slum.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"We had to leave this hotel. It was not safe."
There was prostitution going on in one of the rooms near ours.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Served its purpose"
Hotel was dated on outside and the door to our room could have standed to be changed, but the location was perfect. 10 min walk to Metro and free parking is what brought me to chose this hotel. If those 2 things aren't as important, then I would chose a different hotel. There is a great staff working and they really are trying to update but right now it is still a little run down. No breakfast, but a 7-11 and McDonalds is within walking.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Fair to Good"
When I entered the room, I detected a smoke-related smell, even though the room was "non-smoking." Room condition was fair to good, and overall stay of 3 nights was comfortable. Room & aspects weren't the cleanest or newest, but I guess that's to be expected for being one of the lower-priced hotels in the area. Location was also good. Quality of service of staff agreeable and kind. Again, overall, the hotel room was comfortable and sufficient.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"run away"
If you want a clean room don't stay here.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great Value"
Nice price in a downtown location. Parking was free unlike other hotels in area. They have no breakfast just coffee so plan on eating out. Only Days Inn I have stayed that didn't have breakfast. Overall it was satisfactory for the money.
5 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
"Descent place to stay"
Hotel needed some updating but all in all it wasn't a bad place to stay.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
The overall maintenance of this facility is quite low. The smoke detector in my room went off for hours even after the night manager tried to reset it. there were no maintenance staff on that evening and I finally had to remove the unit from the wall. It was replaced during the next day and was never an issue again, Just looking at the conditions of the over all hotel conditions just screams that this hotel management is doing the least that they can do to keep the place functional.
2 night business trip May 22, 2013
Larryc
"Sliding to 1 star"
The biggest problem was the carpet. It was damp and dirty. There are not enough towels--- of doubtful cleanliness. The mattresses are comfortable.
3 night business trip May 20, 2013
E. Grant
Mold was on the walls. It smelled when I walked in and plus the WiFi signal was not strong. I willnot stay there again.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
"Save money. Stay away from it!"
Stay away from it. Dirty towels. Holes in blanket. Broken furniture. Huge crack in the door. We booked it for 2 nights. Could not bear all this so stayed just one night and run away from it.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"Good hotel for trip to DC"
I've stayed at this hotel twice and have no complaints. Never saw any bugs, staff was friendly, good value for what I paid and metro is a quick bike ride away to get into DC. Not the greatest neighborhood but I didn't see or hear anything shady going on even biking back in the wee hours of the morning. Not a vacation hotel, or one for kids or romance but I'll be returning again for my next trip!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Good for one night"
The hotel was very close to the metro so getting to DC was quick and simple. The reception was very nice and helpful. The room was fine for the price. For a business trip, I rely on coffee and though the hotel said it had 24 hour coffee in the lobby and a coffee maker in the room, there was no coffee in the lobby and no coffee maker in the room. But other than that, it was a great place to stay and I would have no problem staying there on a future trip.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2013
Business
was only in room for 5 hrs. tv was old (snow). ok for one night and few other options.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2013
"Less than stellar"
The roo was adequate, nothing more. The staff greets you from behind a plexiglass shield; all transactions are handlede via a tray under the window. The heating system is forced air, and not easily adjusted. The walkway outside the door was in poor repair and at the end of the walk were areas of broken cement.
Other trip Dec 13, 2012
Rambler
"Good stay for the money"
We were only in town for a night, but the room was clean,and the staff was friendly. There is a Subway on the premises so that was really convenient. We didn't see anyone hanging around outside like I had previously read in the reviews. But that could have been due to the fact that it was kinda cold out. So overall it was a good stay. I would definately stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2012
Trena
Worked out well for our trip to the Fillmore. Smelled pretty bad in our nonsmoking room but we were only there for one night. Check in was behind bullet proof glass. We walked to the venue and back but that might not have been the "smartest choice". Would stay there again if $$ was an issue otherwise, I'd pay more and stay closer.
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2012
Jenny
"Unfavorable"
Electrical outlets did not work. Toilet broke and once problem reported, management said they would come up but no one ever did. I was not comfortable in this room.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2012
"Just what we needed"
Everything went fine - aside from some minor things in the room (ex: alarm clock not functioning properly), it was just what we needed before we hit DC the following day. The front desk attendant was excellent!
1 night trip Oct 21, 2012
Johnsons
"Basic place to stay"
We needed a place to spend the night in northern DC area. Clean, decent beds, close to lots of places to eat and drink. Internet relatively fast and quite reliable. Exactly what we needed, nothing more.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
"Clean room, close to metro and downtown area."
we stayed just for a couple of night, but the room was clean and very rate affordable for an Hotel in the Downtown silvers pring area.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2012
skk1978
"a hole in the wall"
The internet was out all day and when it finally came back on at 10pm the router nearest me needed rebooting but they said "only the maintenance person can do that". Every time I called they acted like it was the first time they heard about the issue until I reminded them this is the 6th time I have called, The room was ok, the bed was ok, the TV was 20 years old and the programing was annoying; same channels repeated about 20 times with a few cable channels scatters in them.
Other trip Sep 30, 2012
Good price for stay in Silver Spring
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
I drove by and saw a group of people miling about, the hotel was a dump, so I drove on and ended up paying an enormous amount to stay in a safer part of town.
Business trip Sep 13, 2012
"Best Hotel for my Money"
It was a great experience my whole family enjoy it.
Family trip Sep 7, 2012
I didn't feel safe at all. The outside lobby doors to the street were not locked and anyone can get in. The door to the room looked like it had been broken into several times. Also, the refrigerator didn't work and I went to the front dest three separate times with no success. I lost about $75 worth of food which went bad in my cooler. The microwave didn't work also. I was there to visit my brother at the Walter Reid Medical Center who has brain cancer and did not have time to worry about finding another hotel. I have used hotels. com several times befoe and never had any problems.
Business trip Aug 28, 2012
"As advertised"
We had no problems with the room despite some negative reviews. The worst thing I could comment on would be the shortage of parking, but at least there was free parking. The building is older and could use a makeover, but there is nothing wrong with it and for the price was a good value. We weren't there to visit the hotel.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
Albert
"washing dc trip"
It was a nice stay.Room was nice.We went to tour Washing DC.It was close and easy to find from the hotel.
Family trip Aug 25, 2012
porter
"Servide the purpose of staying there"
The room we got had 'Bedbugs", my wife and daughter got bitten several times. We did get another room and that one was fine. This was not the first time they had problems with this they told us.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012
Anton S.
"ok for the price"
Great location but needs a major makeover. The room was clean, just needed an update. There was also no wireless internet as they said. I had to go down to the lobby area to use my computer.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
"its OK"
My stay is not ideally what I thought. The parking lot was way too small and if you don't get there in time you will not have parking. There is no breakfast in the hotel or within reasonable walking distance. The ice machine on my floor was broken and had to walk quit a distance to get ice. The A/C was bit too loud. The internet was extremely slow. The cleaners did lovely jobs to take care of the place.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
"Clean room, convenient location"
The room was clean and about as comfortable as I would expect. Very good for the price. Big problem was the AC unit leaked into the room. Had mainteneance come up after 1st night and they said it was fixed. By next morning 1/3 of the room was so soaked you had to put on your shoes to go to that side of the room. Glad check out was after 2nd night. Might have been swimming by the next day. If not for the AC it was a good value for the location. Walking distance to get food and catch the metro. Looked like the area used to be not so good but is about half way to be fixed up. A lot of renovation going on in the businesses and apartments surrounding the area.
Other trip Aug 3, 2012
"Not bad for price"
Not a bad stay. Smoke detector randomly went off and the hot water was sporatic.
Business trip Jul 30, 2012
"A surprise in curb appeal"
Only stayed for one night so I must say I can't go too much in detail as far as my opinion on this hotel. Though judging from its ratings and curb appeal I wasn't too impress, but I had an emergency guest in town and location was ideal for me. So when arriving, I must say I was still greeted by some nice individuals and when entering my room it was pretty well maintain for a small space. Channels on TV were quite limited since some of them weren't working but all in all I had a decent time with my quest. So with that I thank you.
Trip with friends Jul 27, 2012
i was veryt disappointed in my stay. The fridge froze everything. The outlets had wires sticking out of them and the plugs kept shorting and lamps going off and on. We had to ask for 4 large towels and 4 washcloths(four adults in room) and still never got them. The day the beds were changed there were hairs all over the blankets. so therefore I doubt we will stay at a Days Inn again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2012
Terry
"Travel Lodge in DC"
If all your looking for is a bed and a shower its fine. But things are run down, the neighborhood is sketchy, parking is tough, and the facility is old and run down.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
"It was juts OK"
Stair well smelled like urine
Other trip Jul 13, 2012
"Reasonable rates"
If you want to save money and are not concerned about luxury amenities this place is a good choice.
Other trip Jul 6, 2012
Randy
"close to dc and close to six flags"
halways were dirty and the reception are smelled bad def not worth the price we paid. Parking was crazy if you dont leave ur car all day u will not find a parking spot on the premises
Other trip Jul 5, 2012
Tiff

"Travelers from canada"
we travel to silver springs... the days inn was ok... we when to see Washington D.C. about 30 min it was great... the days inn cleaning staff was not friendly... but the front desk staff was great... all in all the days inn in silver springs was ok for what we payed and it gave us the chance to see D.C. whit out having to pay to much money for the 3 nights spent.
3 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Not so happy with the rooms"
Standard of rooms very poor. Any complaints made by guests were not attended to.
3 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
Mr Ransiri
"A stay you don't want to experience"
The temperatures in Washington during our 7 day stay were in the high 90's to 100. The swimming pool was never available. The air conditioning was extremely noisy and effected any sleep you could get and ineffective to the stage where we had to be moved rooms because it finally failed! There were 4 of us in the room but never did we receive any more the 2 towels a day and they were of an extremely small size and next to useless. On the most important day (my sons wedding) we were there, we ordered a taxi in the morning for the late afternoon with the temperature 100 we waited outside for 10 minutes but when asking at the office after that time the person said "oh no I forgot to order it" !!!!!!!!! Obviously we were late for the wedding.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Family of 4 , 2
NZ

"Dåligt val/bad choice"
Tyvärr får detta hotell dåligt betyg, då det kommer in råttor eller möss in i rummen och rotar runt bland alla saker och efter sig lämnar dom en massa smulor. Hotellet behöver verkligen en totalrenovering.
3 night family trip May 12, 2015
Eva
SE
"En rapport avec son prix"
Pas cher pour la proximité de Washington (parking gratuit, quartier calme, 10-15 mn à pied du métro puis 20 mn pour centre ville W) Mais prestations à la limite : clim bruyante pas règlable, literie montée sur ressorts, peut-être pas tombés dans la meilleure chambre.
3 night romance trip May 18, 2015