All hotels in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
8040 13th Street/I-495, 2mi S of I-495 Ex 31B on US 29, Silver Spring, MD, 20910, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

Service is poor
"Rats and cockroaches"
Don't stay here!
4 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Rat infested"
Hotel was dirty dingy and infested with rodents. We could not move since the entire stay was already paid for. Hotels.com should remove this hotel as an option.
4 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
RS
"Worst Stay Ever"
When we booked this hotel we did not realize it came with room mates. Lots of roaches and mice. I am not sure how they are still in business with the creatures that run around, in and through the rooms.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
RS
"This facility needs a lot of help!"
Upon arrival the outside appeared to be in decent shape. Checking seemed fine parking lot deffinetly could have used a push broom thru it but not that big of a deal. When we walked to are room it was uncomfortable and almost Erie. The halls are dirty and not well lit at all. the room the carpets walls and shelves where disgusting dirt and filth. I definetly would not take my shoe off in this facility the bed where clean enough to feel decent to sleep in but I would have rather slept in are car then this place. The door had been kicked in several times hinges were falling of the door, steal plates were one the doors where it had been cracke from being kicked in. And the door frame splintered wood. My father was so uncomfortable that he slept with the linen iron in his bed just incase I will not stay there again and would not recommend
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear guest, We extremely apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your recent stay. We have made some adjustments in our rooms and hallways. We have upgraded the lights in the hallways, to be brighter and also replaced a lot of our furniture in the rooms. Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Thank You
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Dirty nasty motel"
Changed rooms twice on arrival after the AC units in my first 2 rooms were broken. All the rooms were dirty, some had picture or mirror frames falling apart, the sink was clogged with hair, the TV has horrible picture with lots of fuzz/snow, HUGE roach in the bathroom, fridge was noisy. Overall one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at, I would never return.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Ray
I would not stay here again. It was a bit run down. But hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Location was the biggest plus in my opinion being close to the metro line for easy commute into D.C.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your last stay. We try to make sure that our guests have a pleasant stay and are well satisfied. We are constantly making changes and updates to our hotel. We hope that you re-visit us and give us feedback to the updates. Thank You,
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Rose
"Took a chance on the book before you know option."
Room was packed with furniture hard to get around bed. It smelled like a smoking room when I asked for non smoking. While sleeping I was awaken but something scurrying and scratching around. Never did see what it was so I got up and left. Eww
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and we do apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay. Based upon your review we have updated the rooms with new chairs and nightstands that are more suitable and gives the rooms a new look with more space. Thank You
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Not Good at All!"
The television you could not change the channels and the volume would not turn down. They sent new batteries to the room, but they did not work. Since the batteries did not work they said there was nothing they could do until the morning. So how wee we to sleep with this loud TV on? So they sent maintenance up, he repaired the situation. I am laying there looking at a movie and a mouse runs from under the bed. That was it! I will never stay in this place again.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Vivian Sims
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks you for your rating
2 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
"Stay Away, Unless you are desperate"
It was a joke. The layout was horrendous and it took over 20 mins to find the room. The directions given to aforementioned room weren't even correct. Then we got into the room. Tried one light switch, no light. Tried another and then another. All not working. Had to use my phone to see to plug in one light only to realise none of them were plugged in. The most comical part was that we were missing a dresser drawer. Not even joking. Just three there. Then we tried to take a hot bath. APPARENTLY the pipes were reversed and " cold " meant hot and vise-versa. You see the great deals and honestly you might be thinking the same thing I did, to save the extra 100 bucks because they can be pricey ... learn from us - spend the extra 100 bucks and get a better room. They did let us have the paper, so that was nice of them ....
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
We thank you for your comment. Yes our hotel has two court yards and I apologize if you had trouble finding your room. Our trained and willing staff are here to help. Thank again.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"By day, probably an okay hotel; by night,..."
My husband and I were visiting for a combination business and leisure trip -- I was there for work and he was having fun. We arrived very late on a Saturday night. To park our car, we had to drive past some ladies of the night (evidently I'm not allowed to use the correct word) and to enter our room, we walked by a drug deal out in the open. We were exhausted, so we got into our room, got some sleep, and the left for a different hotel the next day.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Rachel, thanks for your review. Sorry to here about your experience walking to your room. With and exterior property guest tend to stand outside their room during the spring and summer months and we do have security on duty in the evening to assist guest should the need arise. Thanks and have a great day
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
Rachel
"Won't return"
Very basic, small dark room, low ceilings, sheets were stained, old towels, few plugs, coming off the wall, repainted tiny bathroom with wiggly faucetts, hallways were horribly dirty and stunk. Flipside: kind and efficient staff, free parking and good location. So, would not go back but for some could be worth it, but for no more than $60/night.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Esseppi, Thanks for taken the time and leaving a review. Know we are updating this property as we speak. All items will be addressed and fixed, thanks again for your comments
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
esseppi
"You get what you pay for"
I requested a king bed but I was given a double bed no big deal too tired to complain. I went to. Bed got up at two in the morning there were actual rats enjoying my pizza. Picked up the complimentary cup from the tray had mice bowels all over it. 6 am in the morning lights went off call front desk . Very reassuring , maintenance is coming. Left at 9 am no maintenance. Came back at 10 pm pitch black room no lights. Call front desk again . Send maintenance who fixed the light but blow up the air conditioner. Offered me another room with double bed . I could barely move around.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Gtcombe
"Is was not far from DC"
Very disappointed becAuse we got there at 3am and the manager said that I needed it to called Expedia due to not having any reservation smh! And then after talking to expedia they called the hotel talked to them and after they got back to me saying that they were sorry and the only room that they had was smoking ?? To make story short I had to take the smoking room plus the swimming pool was not open!! Did not liked it at all, the service that Expedia gave me was terrible! Next time that I go on vacation with the family definitely I won't go they expidia and the hotel either the pic that I saw thru the web it does not match when I got there! Very disappointed!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Omara
"Awful stay"
gave me a room that was occupied. door didn't lock appropriately. air conditioning stopped working at midnight in both rooms and didn't start working until noon the next day. vending machines don't work.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks you for your review, We really apologize for the inconvenience and our engineers are servicing air conditioning units and upgrading the door locks. once again we really thank you for bring this to our attention.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Depressing, dingy, and cheap!"
Found myself in DC without a hotel reservation and only crazy-expensive rooms available, so I booked a room at this lovely property. You get what you pay for. Cheap, yes, but pretty depressing. The location is not bad - an easy 10 minute walk to lots of dining options in Silver Spring and the Silver Spring metro. (The nearby Urban Butcher restaurant is highly recommended!) The front desk was mostly incompetent, but friendly. Rooms were accoutered with broken-down furnishings and dingy surfaces, but were reasonably clean.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for your review, know that we are committed as we upgrade this property. We take every review to heart. Thanks again for taken the time.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
"never try again"
It's not a two-star hotel. So dirty and dilapidated!
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
We are sorry you feel this way about our hotel. We are committed to great guest service. Thank you
1 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Fair"
Fair wish it had a breakfast bar.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for your review. Because we have a restaurant on property, and we did not want to compete with its customers. We decided to offer that restaurant to our guest. Thanks again
1 night family trip May 17, 2014
E.graham
"Not Good for the Business Traveler"
The best I can say about this facility is that it is located within a reasonable distance of the D.C. Metro system. The room was noisy--the walls are thin, and I could hear guests arguing for hours in the next room. There is not nearly enough parking for the number of rooms. Facilities are virtually non-existent...this felt like warehousing. Check-in staff did not provide, or even offer, a copy of the hotel receipt, and I will have to find another way to rectify the expense on my expense report
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Harlan, I would like to apologize and explain why we are not able to give you a copy of your bill. When using Expedia we are not allowed to give a copy of your bill because your payment information is not shared with the hotel. This is for your benefit, so that your information is not past over the internet it is keep with Expedia. For the noise please know that the front desk is empowered to make sure that each guest is comfortable. Again I thanks you
Other trip May 20, 2014
Harlan
"DO NOT STAY HERE!"
There are many hotels in this area that are about the same price and much nicer. This hotel felt like one of those that you could pay by the hour. The room felt gross. We stayed out til midnight just because we didn't want to come lay down in the bed. Don't waste your money on this place find somewhere close with the same price.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for your review, We are sorry you feel this way about our hotel. We are continuity updating our property and serving our guest to make it a home away from home,. Thanks and have a great day.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"A place to stay if you could not dive any further."
A marginal place to stay. The manager and desk clerks are friendly and accommodating. The room door did not seal shut and I needed to place towels in the gaps to help prevent the cigarette smoke from entering the room. There were a lot of smokers around the exterior walkways. The bathroom would be filled with cigarette smoke if you did not leave the bathroom fan on all the time. The main Days Inn (Wyndham) reservations messed up my reservations logging my planned stay for the week as one day. I returned to find my belongings in a plastic trash bag in the main office. I was every embarrassed. The manager worked with Hotels.com and secured me another room for the remainder of my planned stay. Wyndham on the other hand had no interest or concern in helping resolve the problem. They denied that it was their mistake even when presented with documentation. The Wyndam representative was obviously annoyed by my call and saw no value in understanding or helping correct the problem. You judge a company on their ability to handle problems as they arise. My advise is to avoid any Wyndam property.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Your review means a lot to us. I am sorry your reservation dates were not corrected before you arrived. We know how you must feel when you face a problem that was not expected or planned. Know that we will always make sure that things work out for you our guest. I am sorry your embarrassment and know that we will always be at your service.
5 night business trip May 4, 2014
"Washington DC prices?"
It was adequate and a place to sleep. Broken bath fixtures, cracked tiles, sink didn't drain, color TV shows only black and white, light switch at door turns of TV, on bureau drawer simply missing, lights at the bed don't work.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for the review and comment. Know we are committed in showing our very best service to each and every guest. I am sorry for your experience during your visit. New televisions have been installed and rooms are being updated daily. Thanks
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Ants"
The lock on our door was broken it looked like the door had been kicked in by police in the past, I left my sandwich which was wrapped up on the table in the room from 5PM-7PM and when I got back to the room at 7 it was covered in ants. Last but not least we were trying to go to a club and the manager said to call 20mins before we want to leave for the cab. I call the front desk around 9:10 and ask him to call a cab assuming it'll be here around 9:30. We get ready walk down to the front desk and end up standing there outside waiting for the taxi till 10:40!!! Maybe I'm spoiled cause I'm from NY but no taxi should take an hour and a half to pick you up!!!
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Marcus
Room Had mice behind ac unit. Needs updating bad.
Thanks for the rating
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Dt
"Not Staying here again!"
This place has gone to pot - clearly management has decided to let this hotel go to the drug dealers and hookers.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, First of all thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay. Thank You
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Days Inn, Silver Spring"
I booked a room for Sunday, April 13th, and I had trouble from the beginning. The troublesome evening began when I tried to check in. The front desk employee could not find my reservation; she had also called the hotel next door to check with them, but also found nothing. I checked itinerary with my tablet and showed it to her (after waiting through a few minutes of small talk with another guest), but she still insisted that there was nothing. After some more waiting, they found my name among the reservations, but for some reason, it had been scheduled for the next day. I finally called Expedia to confirm the reservation and try to resolve the problem; the lady (whose name I could not remember now) was very helpful and prompt. After my itinerary was faxed to Days Inn, I finally got my room key, and thankfully, the staff understood that I had already paid for my stay. Unfortunately, I was late to the concert where I had gone that evening. I was a hotel employee myself, and I do understand that mistakes are made, but I expect such preventable and time-consuming missteps like that to be avoided. If a refund is possible, I would like one.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear guest, We are sorry that you had to wait a long time to check-in. Our goal is to service our guest with a 3-5 per check-in. But we would like to thank you for your understanding and patience with this matter; and would;d also like to thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. Have a great day!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Rhea
"College Road Trip Stay"
The room was clean, but smelled as if it was a smoking room when I requested a non-smoking room. However, the room was clean and the hotel staff cleaned the rooms daily.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Days Inn in Silver Spring.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"terrable"
this place is the worst!
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear guest, We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay and would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review. We want you to know that we are constantly updating our property and it rooms to accommodate our guest with a pleasant and a satisfying stay. Thank you,
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
"Mice everywhere"
Rooms were alright. Clean enough. Minus the roaches we kept finding everywhere. We had our room switched twice and both had mice in them.
4 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2014
It's located close to downtown Silver Spring where the A F I theatre and the Fillmore are located. Close to busy nite life of Silver Spring.
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thanks for your comment. We receive lots of guest that are visiting the AFI theatre and the Fillmore.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Bathroom is dangerous"
The non-slip pad in the bathtub was partially detached and slipping around, making it very slippery and dangerous. No breakfast was served. Room was dirty and worn, and bed stiff. Great neighbourhood, good restaurants within walking distance.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
Horrible service
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
"Sewage in the bath tub!"
I can safely say this is the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Switched rooms 3 different times. 1st room sink didnt drain & no light bulb in lamp next to bed. 2nd room light above sink didnt work, flush the toilet & raw sewage comes back up into the bath tub. 3rd room door didnt close all of the way. Lock didnt work. I would have left before I stayed the 1st night but I booked on line & it was non refundable. This hotel was disgusting, Unfortunately my funds didnt allow me to go else where after already paying for this nastiness. This place does not even deserve 1 star
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Dear Guest, We appreciate your comment and apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay. We have made changes and updates to our guest rooms since your last stay for a more pleasant and enjoyable stay for all of our guests.
3 night trip Feb 23, 2014
Cheryl
Nice and enjoyable
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn in Silver Spring, we really appreciate your comments and we are glad to hear that you had a enjoyable and a pleasant stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2014
Kitana
"Near Downtown"
It was satisfactory
Response by Days Inn - Silver Spring
Thank you for choosing Days Inn in Silver Spring for an overnight stay. We are glad to hear that you had a enjoyable stay. We have made changes to the property since your last visit. So, the next time you are in town please do visit us and give us an review on the updates. Thank you once again!
2 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Richie
"Unsafe"
Very unsafe to stay. Drunk ppl all around. Middle of the night drunk teenagers banged all the hotel ropm doors m rN away. Staff was rude. Only saving grace were room cleaners who did a greT job
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
manny
"At least it's cheap and pretty clean"
Arrived near midnight, tired after a long drive. Your room, #218, is "over there". Upstairs, the rooms go from 210 to 212 then stop. Other rooms start in the 100's. I return back to the lobby and ask if there reallyis a room 218. "Of course. The rooms go up to 250." The Security Guard finally took me to the room which was in a different building. Someone had been smoking heavily in the bathroom, and the heat didn't work. The room wasn't dirty. They're not trying too hard.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
"There is something moving in the walls"
After I started sleeping, I hear rattling noises coming from a corner of the room. Then the rattling noise would move across the room as if coming on the bed. I turned the light on and would find nothing. This happened again after I turned the light off, and the process repeated for multiple hours. I ripped the bed apart and didn't find anything, and I ended up sleeping with the light on. Didn't get much sleep that night for an early interview. And I think there is some thing moving in between walls.
1 night business trip Nov 25, 2013
"Nice staff, not so nice room."
The gentleman working the front desk during my check-in was pleasant and helpful. The room I received was a different story. The door to the room was stuck so I had to lean on it so that it would open. Once I entered the room, I was greeted by a huge, dark stain on the carpet. The bathroom showed signs of wear and the bed was uncomfortable. The room needed some upgrades.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
Likes Quality
"Okay."
Totally okay for a one-night stopover. Wouldn't recommend for more than that. Bed was comfortable enough, but the room didn't get dark and the door didn't close properly, so the room was freezing even with the heater on.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
anna
"Overall, Pretty Good"
They've (mostly) redone the rooms in a fairly stylish way. The biggest drawback is that the place is very hard to find, and it doesn't feel like an entirely safe area.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
cfbrrr
"Good price performer."
Comfortable bed. Clean. Very quiet.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"Bulletproof glass window at the checkin counter..."
...and it does not get much better from there. Few items were affixed solidly in the bathroom: facet was loose, towl bar severely mangled, shower handle rotated freely, etc. Moving on to the main room you need to lower your expectations further: wood rot around the door (it could have EASILY been kicked in), I can more easily name things that were not stained than those that were stained, and a small I cannot place. Honestly, I was afraid to have any of my things touch anything in this room.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Kurt
"Scary and Dirty"
The hotel is very rundown. Old carpet with stains. Reeks of Lysol or something to cover up the smell of mildew. The inside latch to lock the door had been ripped off so I felt unsafe and didn't stay. I had to book another hotel room somewhere else. So ended up paying for two hotel room that night!
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Denise Lindstrom
"Scariest place i have ever stayed !"
I made a huge mistake selecting this place. Sikver Springs is so cute and yet this place is like staying in a slum.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"We had to leave this hotel. It was not safe."
There was prostitution going on in one of the rooms near ours.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Served its purpose"
Hotel was dated on outside and the door to our room could have standed to be changed, but the location was perfect. 10 min walk to Metro and free parking is what brought me to chose this hotel. If those 2 things aren't as important, then I would chose a different hotel. There is a great staff working and they really are trying to update but right now it is still a little run down. No breakfast, but a 7-11 and McDonalds is within walking.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Fair to Good"
When I entered the room, I detected a smoke-related smell, even though the room was "non-smoking." Room condition was fair to good, and overall stay of 3 nights was comfortable. Room & aspects weren't the cleanest or newest, but I guess that's to be expected for being one of the lower-priced hotels in the area. Location was also good. Quality of service of staff agreeable and kind. Again, overall, the hotel room was comfortable and sufficient.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"run away"
If you want a clean room don't stay here.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great Value"
Nice price in a downtown location. Parking was free unlike other hotels in area. They have no breakfast just coffee so plan on eating out. Only Days Inn I have stayed that didn't have breakfast. Overall it was satisfactory for the money.
5 night business trip Jul 21, 2013