All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
412 Lewers St, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.5
"Badly needs renovated, but clean"
The bedroom was cramped with 2 double beds. The furnishings were old and the layout was poor. The room also needed a fresh coat of paint and the bathroom shower had mildew. We found our room clean, but greatly needing renovation.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Not bad"
Sticky fabrics, laundry needed hallways smelled dirty
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Graciela
"Terrible, weared down, old Hotel"
OK staff and location, but terrible rooms from the 70's. Can not recommend this to anyone...
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Zztony
"Smelly room"
The room smelled like teenage boys. When we were at the beach and the room was closed the smell got worse. The sink dripped and the the shower dripped it was old and not remodeled ever. It felt like a rip off. The staff was nice and helpful though. Very little parking and we had to pay alot for parking every night.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Cheap, old hotel"
Very courteous staff, had no problem switching rooms when I walked in and the room smelled like old milk or rotten food, they moved me to a renovated room which was way better
1 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
Krystie
"i got what i paid for."
i booked a studio and i got a 2 bedroom free upgrade. it was nice a stay. though it was itchy to sleep in but we paid for a price that we got more of so it wasn't that bad. parking was a hassle. tight and not much space. the employees take parts of the stalls so it was hard for us to park late at night when we came back. in the morning when we would leave the employees would block the drive way with all their carts and i would honk as if they don't see me wanting to get thru and all they do is stare. the front service was great. :)
6 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Don't stay at Hokele Suites"
The suite we booked was moldy and the couch was very uncomfortable to sit on, much less sleep on. The hair dryer worked but half of the plastic had cracked off. The room was not prepped for 5 people, i.e., not enough towels for showering or dishes in the kitchen. I wouldn't stay there again.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Rebecca
"Hotel close to beach, 4 blocks"
I did not get what I had reserved and paid for. I paid for a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen for 4 adults and 2 minors. they gave me two non joining rooms. Staff great, polite, efficient, and friendly.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Convenient location"
Last minute reservation, location a convenience, central to all of Waikiki. Room and hotel is very old, needs major renovation and upgrades.
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice hotel, enjoyed Waikiki including restaurants."
Although it was very brief, we really enjoyed our stay. We did alot of walking and sightseeing when we ride the shuttle or the vehicle. It was relaxing riding the shuttle and the driver was very nice and he showed us the different sites that we might want to visit while we were there as we rode down toward Ala Moana Mall. We met all of our expectations and we accomplished what we were originally there for. We really love the weather and we hope to visit again in the near future. We would gladly recommend Honolulu as a vacation spot and the Hokele Suites anytime.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Don't normally leave reviews, especially bad ones. Upon arrival, we had to pass through a crowd of 5 people smoking on the street just to get to the lobby. A lobby that had clearly not been renovated in 30 years complete with an open air courtyard with pool. Receptionist was helpful, quickly checking us into our room and giving us directions to the elevator. As we rode up the elevator (I'm surprised it even worked), my wife and I tried to keep open minds. As we opened the room door, we were hit with a blast of smoke/stale air from a non-smoking room/hotel. We looked around and noticed how the room lacked any cleanliness whatsoever. Receptionist was very apologetic, mentioning that there was one, recently renovated room available, but it was "around the corner". “Around the corner" meant down a small alley, next to the trash/recycling from a nearby restaurant. We had to walk past a number of rat-traps in order to get to this room, which was decorated in 100% Ikea. At the price, I'd hope for a bit more. The room had floor to ceiling windows which overlooked the ground floor of the lobby and the pool on one side and tiny little windows at the ceiling overlooking the alley on the other side. I immediately turned the A/C on to drown out the sound of the pool. The A/C was a window unit situated directly next to the pillows on the bed. So, I could either listen to the sounds of the street/hotel lobby/pool, or have a blast of A/C in my face all night.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Colin
"Decent room at reasonable price"
The hotel is close to Waikiki. You can walk to most places from here. Parking is a bit pricey. You can park on Ala Wai for free. Your best bet is to get a park before the locals start coming home from work. The hotel has about 30 parking spaces. It was full when I arrived. I booked a "remodeled" room. The hotel said that only 4 rooms were remodeled and they didn't guarantee them. I showed the front desk guy a screenshot of my reservation and he then put me in the remodeled room. It had new appliances and furnishings. It did not have a usable lanai or window. All of the newly remodeled rooms are on the first floor with an obstructed view of the pool. Because of the window being blocked, the room was dark. For the price, the room was decent. If you are travelling with a group and have several rooms you should have a person from each room use there own credit card rather than use one card to speed up check-in. I witnessed twice where the hotel charged parking and other fees to one person's card which amounted to hundreds of dollars. Each time I saw the cardholder arguing with the hotel staff about not being informed of charges only learning from their bank.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
LaMont
"Great location, nice hotel staff."
We stayed in one of the penthouse suites and it was a relaxing stay. The room itself wasn't the fanciest, but the nice amount of space on the balcony made it worth it.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice hotel to stay"
Nice staff. Close to the beaches. Easy public transportation to anywhere, such as Honolulu downtown, Pearl Harbor, Hanauwa Bay. Close to shopping and convenience stores. Walk to many restaurants. Good small swimming pool.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Jack
"disappointed"
The bathroom was small, I just barely fit in the stand up shower. Bending down to wash my legs was difficult because part of my butt was outside of the curtain. It was very uncomfortable to move in the bathroom with somebody my size. To top it off they charged me $100.00 deposit and till today they still didn't return my deposit. So I am wondering did they charge me for the room too. Or how long does it take to return a deposit.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Why I wouldn't go there again"
PROS: This hotel is conveniently located in Waikiki. Rooms have kitchen with stove and utensils to cook. Inexpensive, but you get what you pay for... CONS: The cleanliness of the rooms. The room I stayed had little rubbish pieces on the carpet floor. The beds had long hairs in them (I have short hair so it was not mine), one of the beds even had a grocery plastic bag between the comforter and the blanket. The management stated that the housekeeping records indicated that the linens were changed... it did not matter that the room was dirty, management even said "I am not calling you a liar, but the records say the linens were changed". Management "fixed" the problem by giving +2 hours late check-out and waiving the $10 internet and DVD fees (which are an unnecessary add-on that should be in the price quoted of the room). I didn't want this to ruin the last day of my vacation so I just tried to keep calm and decided I would NOT stay there again. Horrible Customer Service.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Silvia
"Older clean hotel with excellent staff"
The hotel was well situated near many stores and restaurants. It was a little bit of a walk to a very toddler friendly beach but the staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel could use an update and the furniture was older but the room was very clean. The layout of the room was perfect for our family. The kitchen helped us cook in and save a little money. The price was great.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"MalGov trip"
Very hospitable...brother Kenny, keep up the great job at front desk.
1 night business trip Dec 23, 2014
Anthony
"Nice hotel for a family"
We spent 5 nights in this hotel. It is a nice hotel for a family especially if you need a kitchen. The housekeeper is awesome and the service is excellent. Even though most furniture wore out, it fits the rate in that location (walk 10 mins to beach).
5 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Lanfeng
"Love staying here!!"
This is my 3rd time this year that my friend and I have stayed here and they haven't let us down!! The staff is excellent and you definitely feel the aloha spirit!! It's clean, a fun environment, and a short walk to the beach. We've recommended all of our friends to stay here on their trips. Thank you everyone!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Missy
"Now updates in years"
room had mold growing in the showers the only thing that was due was the TVit really needs to be cleaned and painted bed was comfortable and it didn't have air conditioning so just for a place to sleep it was fine but the bathroom was not happybut we got there at that greatest to a larger room without us even asking if that was really nice
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
vw
"Great for the price"
The hotel staff is amazing, they made my visit there wonderful. They answered all of my many, many questions, and assisted when they could. They were accommodating when my flight left hours after my check out (they let me keep my bags there). Even the maintenance staff was super helpful when the parking garage was full, and I wasn't able to get my car into the only open spot. The maintenance staff moved his car, so I could park there. Only issue was I saw 1 bug/roach that was in the bathroom. Oh and the bathrooms need some serious updating.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Amazing!"
So when I booked this hotel, I looked at the reviews and they talked all kinds of smack. But I booked it anyway. It was a good price with a good location so I said why not. When I checked in, the staff was really nice. Talk about island hospitality. Michael and Kenny were very helpful though out my stay and Entemia was very diligent at keeping our space clean. Thank you guys for you work. My team and I enjoied the stay there very much. Those who gave a bad review I think had higher standards than their budget can afford. They were overly critical. I am personally glad that I stayed here. If I had a choice to stay in Ohau, this will be the first place I look at. Thanks again guys!
5 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"great!"
It was amazing.
1 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
atae
"A Grand Time"
Everyone was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again :)
3 night trip Dec 5, 2014
"so so"
has bugs in the room and strong wind from the windows. it was not clean at all. The room service is better.
5 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
wang
"a tour"
Soso
2 night family trip Dec 2, 2014
"Change AC system"
Hotel air condition system is terrible. There is no way to sleep with AC on
5 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Bing
"Convenient and centrally located"
All in all I had a good stay. Based on the package price my expectations were pretty low. I was there on a budget, knowing that I wasn't staying at the Hilton. Nor did I pay like I did. I knew going in that I was there to sleep and stayed going much of the time. It was a good place at a reasonable price to get some shut eye.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Friendly staff, clean room, but needs renovations!"
The open air lobby, pool area and staff are very welcoming as you enter. We arrived early and, although our room wasn't ready, they gladly held our bags so that we could head to the beach. We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite. The unit was clean, although it is quite old (1960's?) and is in need of renovations. Pros: Accomodated our family of eight on a budget. Cons: room air conditioners were very loud and disrupted our sleep and beds were not very comfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
My bed was close to the neighbor's bathroom it woke me up everytime they flush the toilet (my toilet leaked it flushed on its own) Although I asked for non-smoking room, I could not open the balcony door because there was always someone smoking outside. The key never worked at first try (several tries to enter or use elevator). Worse thing was I left behind a picture purchased at the Polynesian Center and I couldn't get it back. They not even answering my e mails anymore. Better find a nice and quiet place where you can rest after all the activities Oahu has to offer even if you have to pay a little more.!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Cesare
"Hotel Ripp Off"
Hidden fees..100 dollar fee for room 25 dollar a day parking 10 dollar a day for free Internet and coffee..hotel is located in downtown Honolulu. .sirens and people screaming all night long
4 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Gerald
"hotel sucks"
Service was sucks no parking the door was hard to open never go there again
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
timothy
Wasn't what I expected had to pay extra for parking lot was full had to park somewhere else had to pay extra one elevator was broken
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Solo getaway,room was awesome~ stood about 3 times before!Will no doubt stay again!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Perfect for Group"
Perfect for myself and 4 others.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
It was just for one nigth. But I excepted at least a clean, bug free room.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"One night in a gross room"
Cheap prize but the rooms and the halls are just gross! Ok for one night, not to recommend for a longer stay. Bath is somewhat clean but hasn't seen stain remover in years. All sinks leak. Shower head is long past his time. Wood on the table pealing off. Cable TV signal blurred! A no go in modern digital times. Cell phone has better signal then that TV. Haven't seen any other life guests in the room, I guess that's a good thing!
"Decent hotel very close to the beach"
Good experience overall. Very outdated hotel. Not like the pictures at all. Beds were comfortable. Bathrooms/ showers were run down.
nancy
"Good location but is next to a night club"
Very noisy hotel with a lot of poeple coming and going all the time and no concideration for other poeple . Hotel is next to a night club/bar which is very noisy which stayed open till 5am.
Bryan
"Good just no parking"
It was good just parking sucked they had no parking
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Albert
"Cant wait to see the new upgrades."
The service was excellent. We were told a huge renovation is happening soon. The building sorely needs it, as the doors, bathroom fixtures, and beds all need to be upgraded. The hotel is close to downtown and the beach. It is also within walking distance to any tour bus pick up site you could want. I would come back.
3 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Audrey
"Great Price for the Area"
The location off the main strip is old and a little dirty (like any city). But it's within walking distance to pretty much anything. Limited parking, so you'll want to walk rather than bring your car. Fifteen minute walk to the convention center. It was nice having the kitchenette and living area (even though we didn't use it - gone all day). The fixtures were all pretty old but clean. Had a PS3 in the room and movie and game rentals in the lobby by the pool.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Huge Mistake"
This was a last minute decision since my girlfriend was air-lifted for an emergency operation, I had informed the hotel that my stay may be shorter since we were unsure of her hospital stay. So upon entering the lobby there was a stench (unknown cause). Then to the room where upon opening the door the first cockroach scurried away. The whole place just seemed unclean, I had to stop the shower to let it drain, and the air-conditioning units were very loud. Luckily my girlfriend was being released early, so I informed Hotels.com, they were very helpful and tried calling the Hotel but they were getting run-around. I again talked to the front desk and they informed me that Hotels.com had never called, so I called Hotels.com while I was there and heard the front desk person give them the run around again about sending proper paperwork, having to talk to the manager, etc,etc. Finally after getting back to Seattle i inquired again about the refund and again they attempted to contact the manager---third voice mail. and they finally told me they would refund me. I am grateful for the way Hotels.com handled the situation....please do not stay there. Oh we booked at Hilton Hawaiian Village...great place!
6 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Dale
"Room is small but have a nice corner garden view.."
The hotel is average, clean but already old. Our neighboring room smells something is always cooking and can hear movements always. Our room is quiet and have a nice corner garden view. However, the room is very small!
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Cecilia c
Shuttle bus undependBle place is.beingrenovated hope it will. be nice when done place is soo noisy at night
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
It was okay for the price and condition of the hotel
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"perfect location"
everything was great. Everything was within walking distance. Staff was very friendly. Room was comfortable, even had a ps3 and flat screens. Worth the price.
4 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
vanessa
"Convenient Waikiki Hotel"
I found Hokele Suites affordable and convenient to all Waikiki sites, as well as close to bus connections which brought me to downtown attractions. The amenities are comparable to larger and more costly hotels, closer to the beach.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014