All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
445 Seaside Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worst hotel ever"
Worst hotel ever. Does this hotel not have money to upgrade their furniture? You can only feel the springs all over your back when you sleep on the sofa bed or even the rolling bed. The " lobby" is no air conditioner and I have to wait the front desk staff coming out for 10 mins after asking 2 people to find this guy. They even charge $25 per night for Crib. Can you believe that? The hotel is the worst part in my trip to Hawaii.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"OK for just 1 night!"
Location is central, hotel is convenient as far as parking, access, facilities are concerned. Unfortunately, we got the room close to the trash-chute and we had to keep our breath in going from the elevator to the room and back, because of the disgusting smell! In the room, found one cockroach on the wall behind the bed. Pool very nice. OK for one night or pay attention to location of room.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"Smelly place to sleep"
I travel a ton for work and this was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Not because of the location or the actual room, but because the place smelled so terrible. I was originally on on floor next to a trash chute and asked to be moved because I thought maybe it was just that floor that smelled. But no, the next floor they moved me to smelled just as bad. And the floor my boss was on smelled as well. It was like grease was flowing through the vents. It was awful!
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Nice stay with nice people"
Great location and lovely room. We were able to heat up leftovers and the supplied dishware was great for making tea. Every thing one needed was close at hand. Parking was discounted and very convenient after a long day of surfing. We were able to get free street parking too. Lovely stay.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
linda
"Great 1 bedroom suite"
Room was big enough to accommodate party of 8. The kids enjoyed the pool and gym on the 6th floor. We would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Rockson
"Our 10 Night Stay...."
Though the room was nice and the hotel had all the amenities that it had promised. I had a few things that went south for me. 1. When we got to our room it had only 3 sets of towels. On the registration I had put down a family of 4 that was going to occupy the room. I went down to the front desk and ask them for 1 more set of towels. The front desk got me a set and put in the computer that my room needed 1 more set of towels in my room. This took 3 days for the maids to supply our room with 4 sets of towels. 2. The shower head is a nice rain style shower head. But it was under a bulk head. I am nearly 6 feet tall and needless to say I had to squat in order to get any water on my head. 3. One of the amenities that drew us to this hotel was the FREE Wi-Fi. Yes it was free but I believe it was a dial up(phone line Internet). Which was very slow. I tested the download speed @ 13.28 Mpbs and the upload speed of .84 Mbps which was very slow for us. We had 1iPod, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones all using this slow Wi-Fi. Overall the hotel had a few minor things that didn't meet our expectations. But we would recommend this hotel if you are going to Oahu.
10 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice hotel. Very loud air conditioner."
Nice hotel with big hot tub. Air conditioner is very loud.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Terrible, Terrible, terrible"
The hotel staff is absolutely terrible, they charge $25 per day for parking, they charge $15 per day for an "ammenity fee" even if you don't want the "ammenities" The elevators suck, 2 elevators for the entire hotel, and 46 floors, sometimes we waited 15 minutes for an elevator, the parking garage also has its own elevator. The biggest disappointment was the staff, we travel for our company every week for the last 9 years and have never had such horrible service. Do not stay in this property you will regret it big time.
Other trip May 26, 2015
U.S. Marine
"Amazing city views"
Enjoyed our stay for 5 days, 4 nights. Walking distance from restaurants and shops. Balcony views had amazing views of the city. Highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The hotel guest services desk people were very friendly and helpful throughout the stay. The room had plenty of space and had a lanai that overlooked the canal to the left and beautiful views of the golf course next door and mountainside. The pool, hot tub and sauna were in excellent condition and clean. My favorite part was the little convenience store on the sixth floor. It came in handy when we used the kitchenette.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Anna
"Not recommended for familes"
I have to say the price pulled me in to this hotel, however, I quickly learned that you get what you pay for. The hallways are stinky and dirty. Rooms are old , the air conditioner was super loud, and the beds were uncomfortable. Outside the hotel, there were things that us parents would not approve of. I felt like I was in sin city walking outside. Please , if you have small kids, pay a little extra and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Cali mom
This was my 3rd time staying here it was down the street from my job i was doing. The view from my upgraded penthouse room was great
3 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
Marshall
This was our second time booking at the colony. We had a really nice two room suite the first time. It was a bit pricey but for the cost the room was worth it. Then the second time we booked the place it was way cheaper but we still loved the room. I loved how it had a kitchen area. I really enjoyed staying at the colony. It's a nice get away and would love to go back their again sometime ^.^
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Close proximity to Waikiki strip."
Very close by to Waikiki strip, restaurants and shopping! Friendly staff and very accommodating! Would stay here every visit!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Darsy
"Affordable and enjoyable"
We enjoyed the stay because for an affordable rate the room was very clean, pretty decor, friendly staff so a total surprise for a hotel on this price range. The pool and jacuzzi area were also great, not crowded at all, I just wish they had more towels. :-)
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Great location! Walking distance to everything!"
Good location, great views from the upper floors! Decent grocery 6 blocks away, starbucks and McDonald's very close. Beach about 5 blocks away and canal fitness trail across the street.
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
james
"Affordable near Waikiki Beach"
The hotel ISNT a hotel. It's mostly rented out for housing on a long term basis. That being said MANY were college age, loud, drinking and spent almost every evening in the hot tub. This made it impossible for us to take our daughter to the pool area. The hotel is a little bit run down like other reviews said and could use some paint etc here and there. We had trouble at check in getting a room w two queens but just politely demanded to be move. The gym we were told was under renovation but we kept seeing people using it so AGAIN we politely demanded to be given a key to the facility. Overall for the price it was a decent stay. We had no bad smell, no key problems though our friends did and our room was fine. Yes the air conditioner was EXTREMELY loud so we slept with our balcony door open.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Paige
"Overall, good experience"
Hotel location was great, in the heart of Waikiki so it was close to everything (beach, shops, food). The room itself was kind of small and tight but clean. WiFi was spotty during our stay.
3 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach, shops and more..."
We stayed in a one bedroom suite with an ocean view. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The views were great from the living room window and from the lanai. Staff was super friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip. One thing I will advise is if you get a rental car, pay the $25 a day to park to avoid trying to find a spot to park on the street and having to feed meters every two hours.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Parki"
parking was quite expensive, but overall the place was very nice , very friendly and helpful staff
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
charlie
"will come back stay this hotel again"
i always stay this hotel clean quiet and convenience
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"JUST right for our vacation!"
first, this "hotel" is for short stay and long term residents, so it's part hotel part apartments basically... that said, it felt every bit hotel during our stay... the service was excellent, very friendly staff and quite accommodating... there is a fairly large dry sauna on site, a nice large hot tub and an outdoor pool that was a bit on the chilly side -- the ocean was warmer... there is a surprisingly well stocked convenience store on the sixth floor that came in very handy, and the prices were in line with other local quick marts... the hotel is the tallest in Waikiki at 44 floors, our room was on the 37th floor and had a gorgeous view... the beds were quite comfortable, our kitchenette was well appointed and the lanai was enjoyable... the beach is a short three blocks stroll from the hotel, and you're right in the heart of tourist central -- for better or for worse lol... I liked the convenience, being in the thick of things... stores, restaurants, activities, The Bus and the beach all within reach... spacious open-air lobby includes a visitor services desk for planning recreation, and the front counter attendant will also help coordinate shuttles or cabs... I thoroughly loved our stay and will look to stay here again on return visits...
4 night family trip Jan 25, 2015
eric
"Superior service and views!"
Phenomenal customer service!!! They surprised me with a Happy Birthday card and chocolates and a room with an incredible view! I highly recommend and you can't beat location!
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
Brent
"Great hotel for the price"
Got a deal on a suite for $175 a night. View was great on both sides. Room was large and modern. Hotel was helpful with dealing with my flight delays and baggage. Even had bluray movies to rent free of charge. Great place to stay and close to Wikiki.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Justin
"Nice location hotel - good for family."
This is the second time I stayed at this Hotel. I love it mostly because of the Huge Balcony space and view I can't get in other hotels.& still located in the heart of Waikiki. Plus it has the refrigerator, Microwave, small kitchen to save the cost of eating at expensive restaurant, when you can go to Don Quiote Supermarket nearby & get groceries. and they have many inexpensive tasty "Bentos".. It also have a good size swimming pool with Jacuzzi, small work out gym, laundromat & even a small convenient store that's open till midnight on the 6th floor. It's very convenient esp for long stay.. And the staff at the front desk I met were all very kind & helpful, esp, Steve and Marlon who goes out of their way to really help you out, Thanks Steve & Marlon....
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Adolf
"Great location, everything in Waikiki is nearby."
We had a really enjoyable stay here and will certainly come back again. Great staff, very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"good value"
this time i had an old room not renovated yet but had all the amenities, same nice Lanai, will book it again for sure
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Firouz
"Nice and comfortable"
i have been coming here for a few years never been disapoin
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
You are paying for the location and view, which are very nice.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Loved it"
Very cleaned nice rooms. Nicely remodeled. The staff was very nice. Second time and just love it even more
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"so-so"
i stayed on the 26th floor and had a junior suite. i loved my room, it was comfortable and really big. it was such a nice view although i didnt get to see any fireworks. some things i have to complain about is the shower size because it was too small and the curtains were ripped also the sliding door wouldnt close and the aircon was leaking. it was a danger hazard. the water was leaking onto the balcony that you could just slip and fall off. but i loved it there.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"ridiculous!"
There is a 15 dollar charge for WiFi, and the pool that closes at 9 pm! There is no choice to not pay it even if you do not use it. Then on top of that there is a 25 dollar a day fee for the parking garage. That's right pay for the parking at the hotel you are paying to stay. Ridiculous! I could have add 40 dollars to another hotel and gotten much better hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Jared
"My Stay November 2014"
It was nice hotel, however, asking the guest to pay for parking in the garage is not thinking about the stress it may cause while being on vacation.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Elle
"Waikiki Hideaway"
We enjoyed our stay but the air conditioning is too loud . It sounds like a bus is in the room
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Absolutely disgusted and disappointed"
This hotel was absolutely not worth the rate charged!! It's an old hotel, not very aesthetically pleasing inside at all, had a bad odor, and the security guard was completely rude in assisting where to check in. I was charged almost $200 for 1 night only to arrive and find there was an additional $25/night resort fee and $30/night parking fee. Once inside the room, the mirror was rusted so bad you could barely see your face, I looked in a cabinet to see what was in it and the shelf collapsed, they informed me on arrival that roof "allowance" was only permitted on Tuesdays (which was the only reason I even booked this hotel). I would never stay here again!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2014
"Comfy, convenient, sweet!"
P.J. was very warm and welcoming when we checked in. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was a studio room with stove top, microwave, fridge, and kitchen sink. There were pans and dishes to use too.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Yu-Ting
"Not bad but didn't realize people live there"
The locale is not bad with being close to the downtown and easy to walk to Waikiki. One thing I didn't realize when booking the place is that the apartments are rented for more of a permanent status rather than just temporarily for visitors which is okay, just didn't realize. All the amentities are good and the parking rate isn't bad.
aloha traveler
"So far the Best"
Staff was awesome! Rooms were immaculate! I recommend this hotel to all who visit Hawaii!
4 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Cassandra
"Total misrepresentation"
This was the most "un-Hotel" hotel I have ever stayed at. No amenities, no lobby help, parking was strange as well. Most of the building taken up with small apartments and maybe time shares. No real staff to help. Parking was weird too. You go up into the parking garage which was the first few floors of the building then you have to take an elevator (that was difficult to find) DOWN to the lobby. THEN you can take your elevator back up to your room. The air conditioning was a little wall unit that ran all night. I've seen bigger bathrooms in cruise ships! Oh, the TV and cable were brand new. Late at night we had to put a towel by the door as we could smell cooking onions somewhere.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"AC Issues"
We have stayed at this hotel before. The first time we booked a 1 bedroom suite and had to have our room changed because the front room had no ac. The bedroom had an ac unit and the staff at the hotel lent us their fans, but my son was sleeping on the pullout and it remained 80 degrees in the front room. The second night they moved us to a unit that had ac in the bedroom and living room. Knowing this we booked a studio for this return trip. We knew we'd be spending time in the room working and wanted to ensure our comfort. When we arrived we were notified upon check in we were upgraded to a one bedroom. The first questions we asked almost simultaneously was, "Is there ac in the living room of the new unit?" We were told no. We told them we appreciate the thought for the upgrade but are not interested in upgrading the room. They were apparently booked and had no other rooms to move us to. We were stuck in a dreadfully hot room. We moved the chairs from the dining room into the bedroom to work at the dresser as a desk. Again the staff was fantastic and really tried to help but their hands were tied. They let us borrow two fans and the front room still remained too hot to sit in and work. I requested a call from the manager and never received a call. The staff did comp our parking which was little help compared to what we paid.
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Kristina
"New Kama'ainacation Go-To"
I often have to stay a night or two in Honolulu, and usually opt for one of the utilitarian low-priced options in Waikiki. This hotel was not much more than some of those, and included a clean, comfortable updated room with a gorgeous view of Diamondhead and Waikiki. Front desk agent was very nice, and parking prices are the same as any hotel in the area.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
jessica
"Great place 2 stay in Waikiki & not break the bank"
This was a comfortable, clean, and safe place to stay in expensive Waikiki. It wasn't cheap but the room did hold 4 adults and the location was great! The pool area and amenities were very nice and the room itself was very clean, had comfortable beds, and a nice balcony. Please realize though that the way the hotel faces on the block - it does NOT have hotel rooms that face the ocean or mountains. But for one night while on Oahu visiting our children, it was great!
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
M. B. Royal
Good location like the huge pool and hot tub. Room was very clean & roomy. It had a kitchen but the only sink was in the bathroom.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"good location"
This room was close to the sights, it was easy to walk to everything. The room was very small and hard to maneuver around each other with 4 people in the room. The room was clean and everyone was very friendly and helpful.
5 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Marie
"Budget friendly"
PJ at the front was very nice and welcoming. Our room was really nice. Looked like the picture and I enjoyed it. BUT there was more bad then good. It says blacked out curtains but they were not. It looked like curtains from Sears or even Wal-Mart. The bathroom shower head was so short. I'm only 5'5" and it barely was above me, BUT my boyfriend who is 6'5" had a hard time showering. The hallways looked scary so we were very surprised that the room looked ten times better. We didn't really stay in the room, so it was worth the price we paid but not for those looking to spend all their time in their room.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Not bad..."
The location of the motel is a short walk to the shopping district in Waikiki as well as less than 10 minute walk to the beach. We required a King bed with a small bed for our son and these combination rooms are hard to find. The bathroom is a bit tiny but present no problems. (The bathroom sink doubles as the kitchen sink.) The motel has a travel / concierge in the lobby during normal business hours to help you book sightseeing adventures. The Aqua Skyline offer beach towels for loan so you need not bring your own. Parking within the building (for a fee) presented no problems although a full sized Suburban type vehicle might be a bit cramped . As far as cons... our only real complaints were with the A/C and beds. Like another reviewer, our A/C unit was a bit on the noisy side but it did keep the room reasonably cool. Our beds were VERY firm to say the least. Although I'm not a big fan of tall buildings (over 6 stories) I would probably stay here again.
4 night trip Aug 12, 2014
David`
"Great, convenient location"
This hotel is situated on seaside avenue which is really convenient. If you keep walking south (towards Waikiki), it's where all the action is. The beach was a nice 10 minute walk. It's also located near many other busy avenues with tonnes of shops and cute little restaurants. The staff were friendly; the hotel room itself was very clean and nicely renovated and new. I believe they are all equipped with a kitchenette so that helped us out a lot. We were able to cook breakfast all week instead of going out to eat. Our only downside was that we were located right beside the trash chute (we could have request to move but didn't want to go through the hassel and the rooms were all fully booked) and the smell of rubbish would occasionally be known. Other than that, the room was fantastic. We were facing the east side, so we could see the mountains and the Ala Wai canal and part of the Diamond Head Crater. The hotel hallways are in need of a face lift; parts of the hotel are pretty dated. Great that the rooms were renovated first. As a heads up for those of you who will be renting cars while in O'ahu - parking is NOT free. They charged us $25 a day for the first five days until the last two days, they upped the price to $30 a day for hotel guests. They had a coupon for hotel guests for the full 7 days for a reduced rate of $25 a day. So beware - parking is not cheap! Other than that, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relatively decent and cheap place to stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Mona
"Wonderful Vacatıon wıth the kıds"
We stayed two weeks in this hotel with our 2 children. The kitchenette in our room was a real convenience. The location and the views from the hotel were awesome. Distance from the beach was only two blocks and we didn't rent a car since everything was so close by to our hotel. Would recommend this hotel to families.
14 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
Elsa
"Good hotel"
The room was great and good that there was a kitchen to cook in the room
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Blake
"Moderately Good Hotel"
Aqua Skyline queen size beds were good and an important feature for us - much better than twin beds. Hotel kitchen equipment, cooking utensils, and dishes, and bathroom facilities were okay and generally clean. Air conditioner, though not quiet, worked well. Our room did not have a separate table to dine, except on the patio. View from the 28th floor was very good.
Other trip May 12, 2014