All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
420 NE Holladay St, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.8
    2.3
"Perfect location"
Long weekend for my son's Birthday. Wanted to be near the Max and we sure were. Couldn't get much closer. Staff were all super friendly and helpful. Only real complaint would be the beds were not comfortable at all.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Tina
"Worked for us."
Staff was very friendly and accommodating. During our 6-night stay, housekeeping failed to clean our room two of the days. Bathroom layout was awkward. Overall, with price taken into consideration, we would stay there again.
6 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Nice location and staff."
Great location. Nice staff. It's old but was clean and everything worked.
1 night trip May 31, 2015
"portland one night"
Good room. Lobby is lacking
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
Paula
"Across from the Convention Center"
Older hotel but very comfortable. Chosen because it's location.
6 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Make sure u tell front desk to lock doors"
We r there for my daughters competition and the aurconditiin was low in coolant. The maid left our door open after making beds and emptied garbage. We r missing expensive beats headphones. And we were not compensates for a bad experience.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
I am sorry some items came up missing during your stay, our housekeepers are very professional although here it sounds like they may have made a mistake. We hope if you are ever in Portland you will give us a chance to make this right.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
Melissa Miller
"Great location to Moda Center"
Stayed at this property as it was close to Moda Center where Garth Brooks was performing. Not the greatest place in the world, but wewould stay these again.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
We are glad you took the time to leave a review. We are constantly trying to improve our property and feedback from our guests help us accomplish these goals. We look forward to having you as our guest again and we will do everything we can to make your next visit a memorable one.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Jack
"Aging Well"
The hotel is getting older but is well maintained. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was great. Will stay there again the next time we are in Portland.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
Thank you for taking a moment to leave review. We look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Portland!
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Jerod
"Good enough for a short business trip"
The hotel is a little dated, a little dark. If they installed an ice machine, that would be so much nicer than the pre-filled bags available during my stay. But it's only a block from the convention center and the public transportation stop! The staff is friendly and the price was decent.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
We do have an ice machine on the second floor but we understand how one might not know that if you aren't actually staying on that floor. I will relay this suggestion to my general manager. We appreciate all feedback, and you taking the time to leave a review and glad our location was so convenient for you.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
Regina
"Perfect for the Convention Center"
The hotel is adjacent to the Oregon Convention Center and the city tram line. Although it is older, my room (#404) was large with spacious bath and closet, good lighting, bar with two stools, comfortable chair, and CLEAN. For the price, you cannot beat it. Free parking. It sounds too good to be true. You don't have to pay through the nose for a great Portland experience.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Allen
"For Conventioneers, you can't beat the location!"
This is no 5 star hotel but it was clean, the staff was friendly, and it is a 3 minute walk to the conference center. I was so glad I stayed there and would again. I highly recommend it to conference goers - oh, and the price was EXCELLENT!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Disappointed for the price"
The hotel is in dire need of a facelift and remodel on the interior. It's convenient location directly across from the convention center, near the train line, and with free parking (it was mostly available) was very nice. Lack of breakfast, old rooms, wrinkled carpets, and the bare amenities make it look like more of a cheap motel but the price doesn't reflect that. I was here for a conference so the location was nice but next time I will stick to nicer hotels on the city outskirts and take the tram/taxi/drive in. Not worth the price.
3 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Lindsey
"Efficient"
It was just across the street from the convention center. That was a plus for us because we were attending an event there. The train was just below our room and that created some disturbing noise. We also heard shouting from out in the street at about 3:00 in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Leanna
"noisy Hotel"
It was a bad experience, very very noisy street..
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Basic but great location"
Basic accommodations but comfortable bed and great location next to the MAX and close to city center and airport MAX. Front desk staff was helpful and suggested a must go restaurant Frank's Noodle House that was amazing!!!
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Minia
"Great."
It went great as we were so close to the Convention Center and they even let us park for a few more hours since our event didn't end until 4:30.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Margaret
"nice proximity to convention center"
Just needed a place to sleep while doing a show at the convention center.
3 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Hector
"1"
Carpet in the room was wrinkled, caused me to stumble twice. Bathroom is way out dated, and very small.
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Keith
"Close to convention center for dance competition."
The staff was excellent and very helpful. The Hotel is just not updated enough for our needs. Bathroom way too small. Lounging chair looked dirty. I didn't want to sit in it. Furniture very dated and cheap. And unfortunately our room had a connecting door so could hear all the conversations next door. We did not spend any extra time in room except to sleep and shower. If that's all you need, it will be fine. Also very little restaurants near by.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Mel
Old out dated tv cable did not work well to change the channel takes forever. Water gets extremely hot in shower. Beds lumpy. Ceiling falling down. Not worth the price
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Rachel
"Close to Convention Center"
it was good, except that I had to park on a pay parking lot, the hotel gave me a pass, but I was ticketed because it was for the day only and not for the night, I gave the ticket to the hotel receptionist she said her boss will take care o Monday morning.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Raffy
Across the street from convention center, free parking and very nice staff. Room with floor to ceiling windows facing downtown, but they were dirty . . . The beds were comfortable.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Dutchy
"Inn at te Convention Center"
Rooms are clean but are old fashioned and my room was too large for the heating to have worked efficiently . Hotel needs an upgrade now ! Grerat location !!
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Prabhakar
"Inn at the Convention Center"
70's retro decor......I found it to be quite pleasant. Staff were very helpful and friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. Good location. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"tvs"
Old tvs good channels
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Hotel is across from Convention Center"
We had a great stay. The Hotel staff was very nice. We weren't happy about hearing the workers across the street every morning and the max runs right next to the hotel.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Sue
"Convention convienence"
I was going to Comic Con at the Convention Center so location is perfect for that. Literally across the street from the Convention Center. The rooms are clean and comfortable enough. They seem to have done some upgrades since last year (adding in room microwave and fridge) but the price also went up. I'd stay again if doing something at the Convention Center since the location is good and parking is included in the room rate.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"Great price, Great Staff"
We came up from the coast to see for a concert at the Wonder Ballroom. The Inn was not overpriced, very clean with free parking near our venue. The staff were all incredibly nice, accommodating and helpful. The young lady working 3-11pm on 1/22 went above and beyond. She was able to lend us a phone charger, which was a boon, and late that evening, even though she was obviously off work and headed home, she stayed and helped us. Her co-worker was tied up with a large group checking in and, even though we would have been happy to wait, she offered to help us, retrieving the phone charger she'd previously set aside for us and writing a new parking pass because my car apparently ate the original. The M track, while convenient being so close, was really loud and not being from the area, I did not take this into consideration. Next time I'll bring earplugs. Also, the maintenance worker helped me when my drink got stuck in the vending machine, which I really appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
"Cheap Room, Noisy Neighboorhood"
I stayed for a convention that weekend. It wasn't stated anywhere on the website, but a monorail/train runs along RIGHT outside the room. Hearing that every five minutes made sleeping almost impossible, as well as the family in the next room who had no problem screaming at their crying children all. night. long. I had to check out a day early, unexpectedly. The lady at the desk was very nice, but she said that if I booked a room through the hotel they'd have been able to refund me for the last night. How am I supposed to do that when clicking the 'Booking' link directs me to hotels.com? There was nowhere on the site that said I could book a room any other way. The room was cheap, but loosing $100 is still $100 I could have used.
3 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Pros and Cons"
The staff was great and the hotel was very close to the convention center but it is run down and hasn't been updated since the 70s from the looks of things. Parking is only $5 if you're checked out and there is plenty of it. It was affordable but there are ZERO amenities. The WiFi was a joke so they shouldn't cite that as an amenity. In summary, if you just need a place to sleep this place is ok but bring your own blanket and pillow. The pillows are very tiny and the "blanket" is actually 2 sheets + a thicker sheet
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Tiffany
"Hotel Staff is very good.... But...."
Too noisy!! There is a train station, big road and building contraction now. Window couldn't shut down their noise. Hotel staff is very good!! Very kindness.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Tina
"Close to the Convention Center and excellent price"
If you are wanting a hotel room to stay in the whole time you are in Portland, don't stay here. But if you are looking for a bed close to the Convention Center/Lloyd Center/etc, this is your place. The staff here was wonderful and informative. The walk to the Convention Center was a whole 2 (two!!) blocks. Yes, this is an older hotel. There was a fridge in our room and a microwave in the lobby we used for our popcorn. We didn't not try to get a microwave in our room as we did not need it, but I know they do have them available. In my mind a hotel room should have a bed (check), be clean (check) and be somewhere to sleep at the night after you have seen the sights (check and check). The Inn at the Convention Center fit the bill for us and was much more affordable than other hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Dom
"Old and smelly."
Pillows smelled like it was used by someone who didn't shower for a while. Stains on the chair cushion positioned between the thighs. I avoided touching the furnitures, slept for 5 hours and left. Friendly staff doesn't make up for the bad condition.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
paul
"Portland what a nice city"
We had a great stay. Personnel was friendly and helpful. I would stay again
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Ezequiel
"Great, convenient hotel"
Had a great stay at the Inn at the Convention Center - would recommend selecting the "downtown view" side as the view is amazing and there's currently construction going on across the street on the other side. Overall my stay was really pleasant and all the staff (front desk/maids/manager) were extremely pleasant. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"one night stay in portland"
convenient, parking was a little tight, staff was fine, happy with accomodations, outside noise was a bit much, but ok for downtown.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
fran
"Cheap hotel for a decent location"
Very worn down, damp and smelly building. Old and dirty feeling. Decent location and cheap. Difficult to control temperature comfortably in the room.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Affordable place with great location"
Stayed in Portland for a couple of days in roadtrip across the northwest. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel's service is nothing to write home about but the staff is efficient. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel but the location of this place is a gigantic plus - a mile or so away from downtown. We'd gotten a corner room with a decent view of the convention centre. The room has a nice early 90s feel to it.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
WentWithFriends
"Just a bed"
The hotel is old and in serious need of repair and updating. The building smells and is very dated with very narrow doorways, short ceilings and furnished with items "modified to fit" instead of made for the rooms. The curtains had simply been cut away to allow them not to drape over the heater. The sliding glass door had no balcony outside it and had a sticker on it that said "Please do not force, door not meant to open", Hmmmm.....I didn't feel good about that with a child in the room. There was no ice machine but rather a chest freezer filled with bags of ice. The bags were the little plastic ones that are used in the ice bucket in the rooms. They were clearly bagged by someone on site, and from the cleanliness of the rest of the hotel, I wouldn't use the the ice. :-( The bathrooms were tiny with a very slow gentle stream of water out the shower head. Both beds were noisy as all get out. Every time someone moved, everyone else in the room woke up. On the up side, the front desk help was very friendly and accommodating.
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good proximity to the convention center."
Clean hotel. Good location in downtown area. Good value for the money. Very good price.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
DP
"Shower head was broken."
This hotel has the convenience of being close to the "Rose Garden" but it is older and needs updates. I would go again, but don't expect anything special. Very outdated.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Jeanne
"very disappointing"
dirty and noisy. not professional. location was great except for the loud ringing max outside the window.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
emily
"Convention inn"
Was not impressed with staff or cleanliness. Also the max outside the window really was not their best addition.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
emily
"Good value for basic hotel..."
Excellent location, across the street from the Convention Center Max, one train to the airport. Convenient to downtown. Friendly staff and plenty of parking. I wouldn't take my wife here though...
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
gino
"Inn at the Convention Center"
It was just a bit noisy on the outside since the windows are a single pane. Otherwise it was very nice and your front desk staff exceptionally helpful and friendly.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2014
Ursula
"Get what you pay"
Good stay for a good price.
3 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Thiago
"Bruce"
It's too niosy for us. When we get into the restroom, we can hear our neighbors talking.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
jia
I stayed at this hotel during a week-long conference at the Convention Center across the street. The building is old, but the rooms provided what I needed. Strangely, the faucet knob on the sink required a ridiculous amount of force to use. And since there is no exhaust in the toilet/shower room, I never grasped the reason for the heat lamp on the ceiling. However, these are trivial things. Unfortunately, the loud sounds of the rail and the traffic continues throughout the night. But I was very impressed with the hotel staff. People at the front desk helped me navigate from the airport late in the evening, gave me a recommendation to a little Thai restaurant that was fabulous, and even held my luggage after I checked out but before I left for the airport. They are amazing people! The hotel is just across the street from the convention center, which was exactly what I wanted.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Had a nice stay"
In general the room was very nice, I really liked the heat lamp in the bathroom. The sheets were warm and the bed comfortable. I liked that there was coffee and tea available in the lobby all the time and staff was friendly. The only complaint I have is that the hallways were freezing and the room heater kept getting the hot air caught in the curtains, rather than dispersing it to the room.
5 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Only for the desperate."
My room was right above light rail line and station. Ridiculously loud, no rest for both nights.The room met only the barest of handicapped requirements and placed the furthest away from the elevator.
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014