All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
420 NE Holladay St, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.3
"Cheap Room, Noisy Neighboorhood"
I stayed for a convention that weekend. It wasn't stated anywhere on the website, but a monorail/train runs along RIGHT outside the room. Hearing that every five minutes made sleeping almost impossible, as well as the family in the next room who had no problem screaming at their crying children all. night. long. I had to check out a day early, unexpectedly. The lady at the desk was very nice, but she said that if I booked a room through the hotel they'd have been able to refund me for the last night. How am I supposed to do that when clicking the 'Booking' link directs me to hotels.com? There was nowhere on the site that said I could book a room any other way. The room was cheap, but loosing $100 is still $100 I could have used.
3 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Pros and Cons"
The staff was great and the hotel was very close to the convention center but it is run down and hasn't been updated since the 70s from the looks of things. Parking is only $5 if you're checked out and there is plenty of it. It was affordable but there are ZERO amenities. The WiFi was a joke so they shouldn't cite that as an amenity. In summary, if you just need a place to sleep this place is ok but bring your own blanket and pillow. The pillows are very tiny and the "blanket" is actually 2 sheets + a thicker sheet
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Tiffany
"Hotel Staff is very good.... But...."
Too noisy!! There is a train station, big road and building contraction now. Window couldn't shut down their noise. Hotel staff is very good!! Very kindness.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Tina
"Close to the Convention Center and excellent price"
If you are wanting a hotel room to stay in the whole time you are in Portland, don't stay here. But if you are looking for a bed close to the Convention Center/Lloyd Center/etc, this is your place. The staff here was wonderful and informative. The walk to the Convention Center was a whole 2 (two!!) blocks. Yes, this is an older hotel. There was a fridge in our room and a microwave in the lobby we used for our popcorn. We didn't not try to get a microwave in our room as we did not need it, but I know they do have them available. In my mind a hotel room should have a bed (check), be clean (check) and be somewhere to sleep at the night after you have seen the sights (check and check). The Inn at the Convention Center fit the bill for us and was much more affordable than other hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Dom
"Old and smelly."
Pillows smelled like it was used by someone who didn't shower for a while. Stains on the chair cushion positioned between the thighs. I avoided touching the furnitures, slept for 5 hours and left. Friendly staff doesn't make up for the bad condition.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
paul
"Portland what a nice city"
We had a great stay. Personnel was friendly and helpful. I would stay again
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Ezequiel
"Great, convenient hotel"
Had a great stay at the Inn at the Convention Center - would recommend selecting the "downtown view" side as the view is amazing and there's currently construction going on across the street on the other side. Overall my stay was really pleasant and all the staff (front desk/maids/manager) were extremely pleasant. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"one night stay in portland"
convenient, parking was a little tight, staff was fine, happy with accomodations, outside noise was a bit much, but ok for downtown.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
fran
"Cheap hotel for a decent location"
Very worn down, damp and smelly building. Old and dirty feeling. Decent location and cheap. Difficult to control temperature comfortably in the room.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Affordable place with great location"
Stayed in Portland for a couple of days in roadtrip across the northwest. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel's service is nothing to write home about but the staff is efficient. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel but the location of this place is a gigantic plus - a mile or so away from downtown. We'd gotten a corner room with a decent view of the convention centre. The room has a nice early 90s feel to it.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
WentWithFriends
"Just a bed"
The hotel is old and in serious need of repair and updating. The building smells and is very dated with very narrow doorways, short ceilings and furnished with items "modified to fit" instead of made for the rooms. The curtains had simply been cut away to allow them not to drape over the heater. The sliding glass door had no balcony outside it and had a sticker on it that said "Please do not force, door not meant to open", Hmmmm.....I didn't feel good about that with a child in the room. There was no ice machine but rather a chest freezer filled with bags of ice. The bags were the little plastic ones that are used in the ice bucket in the rooms. They were clearly bagged by someone on site, and from the cleanliness of the rest of the hotel, I wouldn't use the the ice. :-( The bathrooms were tiny with a very slow gentle stream of water out the shower head. Both beds were noisy as all get out. Every time someone moved, everyone else in the room woke up. On the up side, the front desk help was very friendly and accommodating.
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good proximity to the convention center."
Clean hotel. Good location in downtown area. Good value for the money. Very good price.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
DP
"Shower head was broken."
This hotel has the convenience of being close to the "Rose Garden" but it is older and needs updates. I would go again, but don't expect anything special. Very outdated.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Jeanne
"very disappointing"
dirty and noisy. not professional. location was great except for the loud ringing max outside the window.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
emily
"Convention inn"
Was not impressed with staff or cleanliness. Also the max outside the window really was not their best addition.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
emily
"Good value for basic hotel..."
Excellent location, across the street from the Convention Center Max, one train to the airport. Convenient to downtown. Friendly staff and plenty of parking. I wouldn't take my wife here though...
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
gino
"Inn at the Convention Center"
It was just a bit noisy on the outside since the windows are a single pane. Otherwise it was very nice and your front desk staff exceptionally helpful and friendly.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2014
Ursula
"Get what you pay"
Good stay for a good price.
3 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Thiago
"Bruce"
It's too niosy for us. When we get into the restroom, we can hear our neighbors talking.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
jia
I stayed at this hotel during a week-long conference at the Convention Center across the street. The building is old, but the rooms provided what I needed. Strangely, the faucet knob on the sink required a ridiculous amount of force to use. And since there is no exhaust in the toilet/shower room, I never grasped the reason for the heat lamp on the ceiling. However, these are trivial things. Unfortunately, the loud sounds of the rail and the traffic continues throughout the night. But I was very impressed with the hotel staff. People at the front desk helped me navigate from the airport late in the evening, gave me a recommendation to a little Thai restaurant that was fabulous, and even held my luggage after I checked out but before I left for the airport. They are amazing people! The hotel is just across the street from the convention center, which was exactly what I wanted.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Had a nice stay"
In general the room was very nice, I really liked the heat lamp in the bathroom. The sheets were warm and the bed comfortable. I liked that there was coffee and tea available in the lobby all the time and staff was friendly. The only complaint I have is that the hallways were freezing and the room heater kept getting the hot air caught in the curtains, rather than dispersing it to the room.
5 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Only for the desperate."
My room was right above light rail line and station. Ridiculously loud, no rest for both nights.The room met only the barest of handicapped requirements and placed the furthest away from the elevator.
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
robin
"Next to Convention Center and other attractions"
Have stayed here for many years for conferences held at the Convention Center. It's convenience and closeness to several destinations as well as the extensive Portland transportation system right outside the building coupled with affordable rates make this an easy choice for me. No, this isn't the Ritz. But it is a clean, well maintained, economical place to stay.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Anne
"It was nice"
During my visit everyone was friendly and the bed was very nice.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"good for 2-3 nights"
I stayed there for 3 nights. I had a conference at the Convention Center, so the hotel had a great location, just across the street. A lady at the reception desk was VERY helpful. I asked whether it was possible to give me a room on a higher floor with a great view and I've got a nice room on the 4th floor. The room was nice and clean, and surprisingly spacious. I must agree with other reviews, however, that it was very noisy because of trains (the railroad is right next to the hotel). I didn't bother me much since I came late night, was very tired and fell asleep very fast.
3 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Great value"
The hotel is cheap and old but everything works and the beds are comfortable.
"A nice change of pace."
This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. The Staff was more than accomodating and I was even given early check in with no penalty. I had a king size bed with a great view of the city. The bed was very comfortable and the the room was very quiet. The hotel was also in process of remodeling some of the rooms that were vacant and even with this process going on there was little to no noise at all. I was also impressed with the fact that it was in easy access to The Max, The Trolley and the Bus lines. The farthest I had to walk was maybe a block to reach the bus. I was also pleased with its proximity to the convention center. Its a short walk to get to the main entrance. I will definitely stay here again and consider this more often when I travel back to Portland in the Future.
"Close to CONVENTION CENTER and Trollies"
Reasonable rates. Very nice room. ICE and vending very close. Great Organic soaps. CLEAN room.
"Good value and location IF...."
Good value and location if you do not have to spend much time in the room,
"Best value in portland"
We don't go to this hotel for any sort of luxury. Just a cheap spot to park, sleep, and shower. We've booked here many times and this time especially the hotel staff was very nice. Waived a few fees that they could have charged me and was very quick to help when I got my dollar eaten by the snack machine. Will be back
foger
"Perfect location"
Room was too warm and air conditioner didn't seem to work. A little run down but clean and comfortable for the most part. Staff was friendly and courteous.
"Time Out for Women"
It was right across from the convention center which was a priority for us and there were plenty of places to eat. The rooms were smallish and dated, but I think it was a good choice for us.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Dead bugs"
There were dead bugs on the floor and the bathroom sink leaked all if the floor
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"not that great but staff was nice"
Heater didn't work well. Cofee maker didnt work and had to ask for more towels. It's in walking distance for food. It was quiet in the hotel. But for winter not good i got sick cuz of how cold the room was.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Thought we were getting a NON-SMOKING Room"
We came to attend a convention across the street. It was very convenient. The room was fine except that it smelled like smokers had used it. We specifically requested a NON-SMOKING room and were told we would receive one. . . in fact I was told that all of their rooms were non-smoking. Other than that everything was fine.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
shelia
"The Inn was convenient"
I was attending an evening event at the Oregon Convention Center and wanted the convenience of a hotel within walking distance. The proximity to Max was an added benefit - for $1.00 I could travel to the airport.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Noisy and Rundown"
If you need to be close to convention center the one plus is this hotel is close and cheap but hotel is very rundown and noisy.
3 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
nick
"Convenient and cheap"
This hotel was a good value and it is close to a lot of Portland's activities. It is a block away from the MAX line and the convention center. It is maybe five blocks from Lloyd Center. There are quite a few eating establishments within walking distance. It served it's purpose for us. We wanted to be in central Portland and we wanted to have a good night's sleep. The room was clean, but their were maintenance issues and evidence of issues in the past. We were on the fifth floor. It was quiet, had a view and the elevators worked well.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Wonderful staff!"
Have stayed several times and staff is wonderful and accommodating . Close to downtown and easy on/off I-5.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Outdated"
Dark hallway with outdated art. Holes in ceiling. Blind corner at door entrance. Hard to find plugs. No extra blankets. Had to crank up heat to stay warm. So close to train that the headboard shook everytime it passed.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
T
"Very convenient and comfortable hotel"
We came to Portland for a convention. This hotel was steps away from the convention center which really suited our needs since we didn't have a car for this trip. Easy access to light rail and buses to get around town, walking distance to many restaurants. The hotel itself is a bit dated and could use a bit of a face lift and a few minor upgrades but overall the hotel and the room was comfortable and clean. I would probably stay here again. As a side note, I think that if the owners ever decided to do more upgrades/remodel they should definitely embrace the retro feel of the hotel and run with it as a lot of people seek out such establishments. Oh, and it would be neat if the restaurant was still in operation there.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Came down to Portland to see Jimmy Buffet perform @ the Moda Center, he has been on my bucket list! This hotel's price & location seemed perfect except for 2 problems. Our room was left with someone's hair on the bath room floor. We didn't feel that the room was clean enough us to use the shower, or remove our socks!!! Secondly, I did not get any sleep as this hotel is located directly next to a set of busy train tracks, something that we did not discover until we tried to sleep! OMG don't stay here!
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
J. Skarbo
"Inn at the Convention Centeer"
The hotel is very near the convention center and the Moda Center. The location makes this an easy choice when attending events at either venue. They have plans to upgrade the property and it is needed. New beds, raised shower heads, new faucets, better lighting, higher toilets are all items needed to make this a much better hotel. However, at the price it is now a good choice as it is very clean and as mentioned above in a great location.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Concert Goers Crash Pad"
This hotel is all about location, location, location. Right across from the Max Station and the Convention Center and within easy walking distance to the Moda Center, it is a concert goers delight. Some rooms are under construction, but the staff is very friendly and the rooms were clean and cheap. How can you beat that combination? One drawback is on Concert nights they tend to run out of their free parking on site, but make it right by allowing you to park a block or two away. If all you're going to do is sleep in the room and attend a concert, I'd stay here again.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Location to the convention center is unbeatable."
The hotel is badly maintained and in poor condition. Its OK for the convention center sleep and shower. Not much of any ambiance or other comfort.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Frankie papers
"GOOD STAY AT THE INN"
IT WAS A GOOD STAY, WHICH I ENJOYED VERY MUCH
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
JOHN
Right next to railroad tracks/metro rail. They run every 6 minutes. The last one I heard was at 1:30 am. And first one in the morning starts at 4:30am. I understand you can't do anything about location but a overhaul to the sound Proofing. Would be a vast improvement. Hotel has not been updated since the 60's. A little paint and new carpet would go a long way
3 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Welcome to Portland"
The hotel is a older building that shows some age. That said the service was great with friendly and responsive people. When we returned each day the room was clean bed made, clean towels and everything fresh in the bathroom. We will stay there again on our next trip. BTW great night view of Portland from our room.
4 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
it was the most convenient location for my trip, and the cheapest price tag
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Buying trip to the Cash & Carry show steps away"
Great will book there again!
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014