All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
420 NE Holladay St, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.8
    2.3
"Shower head was broken."
This hotel has the convenience of being close to the "Rose Garden" but it is older and needs updates. I would go again, but don't expect anything special. Very outdated.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Jeanne
"very disappointing"
dirty and noisy. not professional. location was great except for the loud ringing max outside the window.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
emily
"Convention inn"
Was not impressed with staff or cleanliness. Also the max outside the window really was not their best addition.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
emily
"Good value for basic hotel..."
Excellent location, across the street from the Convention Center Max, one train to the airport. Convenient to downtown. Friendly staff and plenty of parking. I wouldn't take my wife here though...
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
gino
"Inn at the Convention Center"
It was just a bit noisy on the outside since the windows are a single pane. Otherwise it was very nice and your front desk staff exceptionally helpful and friendly.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2014
Ursula
"Get what you pay"
Good stay for a good price.
3 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Thiago
"Bruce"
It's too niosy for us. When we get into the restroom, we can hear our neighbors talking.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
jia
I stayed at this hotel during a week-long conference at the Convention Center across the street. The building is old, but the rooms provided what I needed. Strangely, the faucet knob on the sink required a ridiculous amount of force to use. And since there is no exhaust in the toilet/shower room, I never grasped the reason for the heat lamp on the ceiling. However, these are trivial things. Unfortunately, the loud sounds of the rail and the traffic continues throughout the night. But I was very impressed with the hotel staff. People at the front desk helped me navigate from the airport late in the evening, gave me a recommendation to a little Thai restaurant that was fabulous, and even held my luggage after I checked out but before I left for the airport. They are amazing people! The hotel is just across the street from the convention center, which was exactly what I wanted.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Had a nice stay"
In general the room was very nice, I really liked the heat lamp in the bathroom. The sheets were warm and the bed comfortable. I liked that there was coffee and tea available in the lobby all the time and staff was friendly. The only complaint I have is that the hallways were freezing and the room heater kept getting the hot air caught in the curtains, rather than dispersing it to the room.
5 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Only for the desperate."
My room was right above light rail line and station. Ridiculously loud, no rest for both nights.The room met only the barest of handicapped requirements and placed the furthest away from the elevator.
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
robin
"Next to Convention Center and other attractions"
Have stayed here for many years for conferences held at the Convention Center. It's convenience and closeness to several destinations as well as the extensive Portland transportation system right outside the building coupled with affordable rates make this an easy choice for me. No, this isn't the Ritz. But it is a clean, well maintained, economical place to stay.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Anne
"It was nice"
During my visit everyone was friendly and the bed was very nice.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"good for 2-3 nights"
I stayed there for 3 nights. I had a conference at the Convention Center, so the hotel had a great location, just across the street. A lady at the reception desk was VERY helpful. I asked whether it was possible to give me a room on a higher floor with a great view and I've got a nice room on the 4th floor. The room was nice and clean, and surprisingly spacious. I must agree with other reviews, however, that it was very noisy because of trains (the railroad is right next to the hotel). I didn't bother me much since I came late night, was very tired and fell asleep very fast.
3 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Great value"
The hotel is cheap and old but everything works and the beds are comfortable.
"A nice change of pace."
This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. The Staff was more than accomodating and I was even given early check in with no penalty. I had a king size bed with a great view of the city. The bed was very comfortable and the the room was very quiet. The hotel was also in process of remodeling some of the rooms that were vacant and even with this process going on there was little to no noise at all. I was also impressed with the fact that it was in easy access to The Max, The Trolley and the Bus lines. The farthest I had to walk was maybe a block to reach the bus. I was also pleased with its proximity to the convention center. Its a short walk to get to the main entrance. I will definitely stay here again and consider this more often when I travel back to Portland in the Future.
"Close to CONVENTION CENTER and Trollies"
Reasonable rates. Very nice room. ICE and vending very close. Great Organic soaps. CLEAN room.
"Good value and location IF...."
Good value and location if you do not have to spend much time in the room,
"Best value in portland"
We don't go to this hotel for any sort of luxury. Just a cheap spot to park, sleep, and shower. We've booked here many times and this time especially the hotel staff was very nice. Waived a few fees that they could have charged me and was very quick to help when I got my dollar eaten by the snack machine. Will be back
foger
"Perfect location"
Room was too warm and air conditioner didn't seem to work. A little run down but clean and comfortable for the most part. Staff was friendly and courteous.
"Time Out for Women"
It was right across from the convention center which was a priority for us and there were plenty of places to eat. The rooms were smallish and dated, but I think it was a good choice for us.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Dead bugs"
There were dead bugs on the floor and the bathroom sink leaked all if the floor
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"not that great but staff was nice"
Heater didn't work well. Cofee maker didnt work and had to ask for more towels. It's in walking distance for food. It was quiet in the hotel. But for winter not good i got sick cuz of how cold the room was.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Thought we were getting a NON-SMOKING Room"
We came to attend a convention across the street. It was very convenient. The room was fine except that it smelled like smokers had used it. We specifically requested a NON-SMOKING room and were told we would receive one. . . in fact I was told that all of their rooms were non-smoking. Other than that everything was fine.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
shelia
"The Inn was convenient"
I was attending an evening event at the Oregon Convention Center and wanted the convenience of a hotel within walking distance. The proximity to Max was an added benefit - for $1.00 I could travel to the airport.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Noisy and Rundown"
If you need to be close to convention center the one plus is this hotel is close and cheap but hotel is very rundown and noisy.
3 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
nick
"Convenient and cheap"
This hotel was a good value and it is close to a lot of Portland's activities. It is a block away from the MAX line and the convention center. It is maybe five blocks from Lloyd Center. There are quite a few eating establishments within walking distance. It served it's purpose for us. We wanted to be in central Portland and we wanted to have a good night's sleep. The room was clean, but their were maintenance issues and evidence of issues in the past. We were on the fifth floor. It was quiet, had a view and the elevators worked well.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Wonderful staff!"
Have stayed several times and staff is wonderful and accommodating . Close to downtown and easy on/off I-5.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Outdated"
Dark hallway with outdated art. Holes in ceiling. Blind corner at door entrance. Hard to find plugs. No extra blankets. Had to crank up heat to stay warm. So close to train that the headboard shook everytime it passed.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
T
"Very convenient and comfortable hotel"
We came to Portland for a convention. This hotel was steps away from the convention center which really suited our needs since we didn't have a car for this trip. Easy access to light rail and buses to get around town, walking distance to many restaurants. The hotel itself is a bit dated and could use a bit of a face lift and a few minor upgrades but overall the hotel and the room was comfortable and clean. I would probably stay here again. As a side note, I think that if the owners ever decided to do more upgrades/remodel they should definitely embrace the retro feel of the hotel and run with it as a lot of people seek out such establishments. Oh, and it would be neat if the restaurant was still in operation there.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Came down to Portland to see Jimmy Buffet perform @ the Moda Center, he has been on my bucket list! This hotel's price & location seemed perfect except for 2 problems. Our room was left with someone's hair on the bath room floor. We didn't feel that the room was clean enough us to use the shower, or remove our socks!!! Secondly, I did not get any sleep as this hotel is located directly next to a set of busy train tracks, something that we did not discover until we tried to sleep! OMG don't stay here!
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
J. Skarbo
"Inn at the Convention Centeer"
The hotel is very near the convention center and the Moda Center. The location makes this an easy choice when attending events at either venue. They have plans to upgrade the property and it is needed. New beds, raised shower heads, new faucets, better lighting, higher toilets are all items needed to make this a much better hotel. However, at the price it is now a good choice as it is very clean and as mentioned above in a great location.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Concert Goers Crash Pad"
This hotel is all about location, location, location. Right across from the Max Station and the Convention Center and within easy walking distance to the Moda Center, it is a concert goers delight. Some rooms are under construction, but the staff is very friendly and the rooms were clean and cheap. How can you beat that combination? One drawback is on Concert nights they tend to run out of their free parking on site, but make it right by allowing you to park a block or two away. If all you're going to do is sleep in the room and attend a concert, I'd stay here again.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Location to the convention center is unbeatable."
The hotel is badly maintained and in poor condition. Its OK for the convention center sleep and shower. Not much of any ambiance or other comfort.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Frankie papers
"GOOD STAY AT THE INN"
IT WAS A GOOD STAY, WHICH I ENJOYED VERY MUCH
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
JOHN
Right next to railroad tracks/metro rail. They run every 6 minutes. The last one I heard was at 1:30 am. And first one in the morning starts at 4:30am. I understand you can't do anything about location but a overhaul to the sound Proofing. Would be a vast improvement. Hotel has not been updated since the 60's. A little paint and new carpet would go a long way
3 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Welcome to Portland"
The hotel is a older building that shows some age. That said the service was great with friendly and responsive people. When we returned each day the room was clean bed made, clean towels and everything fresh in the bathroom. We will stay there again on our next trip. BTW great night view of Portland from our room.
4 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
it was the most convenient location for my trip, and the cheapest price tag
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Buying trip to the Cash & Carry show steps away"
Great will book there again!
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Portland trip"
Hotel is old and needs renovation
3 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Retro chic, great views"
So when I walked in the door I though, "My God, I've been transported in time back to the late 60's!" Very little seems to have been updated in decades. But then I realized that actually everything worked, and the room was basically clean and nice, and had a great view of the city so who cares if it's old. Call it retro, and then it's chic. Pleasant, helpful staff. For the price you absolutely won't do better in downtown Portland.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Convenient to Airport, Mass Trans & Convention Ctr"
While the hotel is for sure a little dated and away from the nice fancy places to eat, My daughter and I found the Inn at the Convention Center quite comfortable and it more than met our needs and expectations. We were greeted with a smile and a very pleasant front desk attendant (not something I can always say when we stay at 4 star hotels) who was more that happy to have us. Every time we passed the front desk we were greeted and told to have a nice day and if we needed directions, the staff was more than able to help up with our mass transit needs. We would for sure stay here again.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Elizabeth & Evelyn
"Close to convention center but not quality"
Thin walls. Rooms look cheap. Hallway smelled. Had to replace 2 keycards in 2 days because they stopped working, didn't even id me when replacing.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
justin
Easy access to many places, malls, convention center and light rail. Really calm place.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
carol
"Solid Average"
Very average hotel. I was not unsatisfied at all. The price was right. Don't expect anything fancy, but if you are looking for a good place to lay your head, this is the spot.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Cris
"great location for convention center events"
This is an older hotel & it shows is age, however for the price and location it's a good deal. You're basically right across the street from the convention center. Access is easy via the Tri-Met, Streetcar or a short cab ride from Union Station. The staff is friendly, fun and quite helpful. Our room was clean, but did show is age. AC on our 90° + days definitely kept things comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was great and we didn't lose temp even with four people. While the streetcar and Tri-Met are quite convenient, they are also very loud. Even on the 5th floor, it sounded like a jet leaving the airport when it went by. There aren't a lot of food options nearby. However with the available transport options, you can get around that. Would I stay here again. Yup, I would.
3 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
"Glad it was only one night"
Checking in was a good experience. The staff was friendly, and was eager to help us find our way around. Unfortunately, that's about where the good experience ended. The hallways reminded me of The Shining and the pictures in the hallway were bolted to the wall. It was hot that weekend, and as the sliding door only opened 3 inches, we were hoping the a/c unit would soon cool us down. That was not the case. We had the cool air blasting all night and we still ended up having to put cool clothes on our foreheads to try and cool down. So, we thought we'd watch a little TV to take our minds off of the heat, only to find out we had to fix the tv so that the picture would accompany the sound. Sleep came fitfully that night as the tram runs all night long right next to the hotel, leaving us as wobbly the next day as our three legged table. So we used our unclean bathroom and the towels that were provided (3 towels for 2 queen beds - shouldn't it have been four?). I will say, however, that the water pressure was phenomenal, and was probably the best part of the stay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Zinnia
Front desk was very friendly and overall it wasn't bad for the price. Hotel is definitely dated and in need of upgrades. The hallways are not ventilated and smelled like weed. Wasn't impressed by the cleaning staff trying to open my door at 9am on my last day there. Luckily I had the chain on the door. Overall it was a good experience and I would stay again.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"OK, But Nearby Train is Loud"
This is a perfectly fine business hotel which is right next door to the convention center. Plenty of affordable places to eat nearby. However, it is right next to the MAX train which sounds like a plane taking off every 20 minutes. It does get a little better after midnight, but revs back up again at 7:00 a.m. If you're a heavy sleeper than you should be fine, otherwise, look for another hotel. They seriously need to invest in sound proof windows.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Staff, housekeeping surpassed hotel itself"
The staff, friendly and helpful. Towels were clean. Rug, bedding, bathroom and sink area were clean. Felt sorry for the cleaning staff as their work was very good: but the room itself wasn't. Nor the upkeep of the hotel. The Hotel needs a 'facelift'. Room was dreary. Air conditioner was noisy, and filter was filthy. We both woke up with sinus headaches. Curtain obstructed air conditioner so had to loop curtain ever itself to get any air. Furniture worn, outdated. Toilet was very low, and kiddie sized. Toiletries were the only nice touch. Wouldn't feel safe walking about at night in this neighborhood.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
I found the room configuration odd - with the bathroom sink just inside the door and next to the refrigerator and the microwave. Also, room 104 had a large red stain on the rug (underneath the ottoman). I didn't think that reflects well on BW.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014