All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
420 NE Holladay St, Portland, OR, 97232, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad breakfast
it was great nice view clean room I enjoyed staying there and will again soon
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
It was very nice of the hotel to allow me to check in much earlier than 3pm.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Polina
"Blues fest in Oregon"
Overall the stay went well. The only thing that was the worse was we went when it was during the hotspell and temps were very high. The AC was in a spot that the curtain had to stay open, so with that said with the curtain open the outdoor lighting did not enable us to get a good night sleep. It felt like it was daytime all night. The bathrooms were a little cramped also. The room and bed were comfortable though.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Location to the convention center is excellent. Staff are great. Beds are very comfortable and air conditioning worked. Walls and ceiling were peeling - place needs an upgrade.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Jim & Linda
"hotel on a budget"
I stayed three nights with 3 of my friends traveling to Portland from the bay area. Nice place to stay if you're just looking for a place to shower and crash. good location. Very close to all transportation. Hotel a little run down but clean enough. Worth the price. Only complaint is our keys stopped working almost the entire trip, we kept having to run down to the front desk to get new ones. The staff are incredibly friendly! Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Portland on a budget!
3 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
"Excellent choice for attending a convention."
I was in Portland for a convention and this was the best location. It is a block from the convention center and I could easily go back to the room. The staff were very friendly and helpful in giving me advice on getting around Portland, and they called to make a reservation at a nearby restaurant. The street side rooms are a bit noisy because the light rail line passes by, but I was tired enough that it didn't keep me awake.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Location couldn't be better for activities in this neighborhood. Staff friendly and helpful. Nice views of town and convention center. Adequate parking, most under cover. Decor and furnishings are very dated and need updating very badly. Overall, though, an enjoyable stay.
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
"This place deserves a higher star rating"
Spent 5 nights here and was thoroughly impressed with it, especially given the low ratings it currently has on hotels.com. Staff was top notch: always friendly and willing to do whatever was needed to make my stay comfortable. There was always coffee available in the lobby. If I took my "do not disturb" sign off my door, my room was cleaned and ready within an hour. Everything in my room worked correctly, Internet was good. The only downside is that it is on the streetcar line and the noise from that starts early and ends late, but nothing that my "Rain, Rain" natural sound generator couldn't take care of. And cannot beat the proximity to the Convention Center. I was playing music there and had to haul my equipment back and forth and had no issues. Close to plenty of choices of food types and prices. And being on the Red Max line meant fast and easy to get on, even with luggage. People offered to drive me to the airport but the Max was easier. In short, this hotel deserves at least one more overall star and I'd push it to 1 and 1/2.
5 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Jeffrey
"Family Trip"
In my room there was blood on the wall next to the window. Also the entry / lobby was very stale. In the staircase there were tiles missing in the ceiling. It just looked old overall. I think it could be very nice. The windows need to upgraded with double pane or something to keep noise out.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Michele
Just ok , free parking is good.....,,,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......,,,,.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Outdated, smelly, uncomfortable, no amenities."
This place is stinky, like old cigarette smoke throughout the whole building. The sign should have been a tip-off (looks like it had been struck by lightening), but I didn't notice it until later. The elevators stink like a high school locker room, and my kids had to hold their noses when we rode in them. The shower floods and you end up standing in 8 inches of water by the end of the shower. Nice staff and good housekeeping though. Also my wife stabbed her toe on a nail sticking up from "new carpet". When the maintenance guy came, very nice, he found 4 other nails and fixed them. Thank goodness my kids didn't find those. The receptionist was apologetic and said she would knock $20 off of the bill, which I thought was ok considering it wasn't too bad, $100 would have been better. I would not ever stay in this place again. It should be torn down and rebuilt.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Ian
"Perfect location"
Long weekend for my son's Birthday. Wanted to be near the Max and we sure were. Couldn't get much closer. Staff were all super friendly and helpful. Only real complaint would be the beds were not comfortable at all.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Tina
"Worked for us."
Staff was very friendly and accommodating. During our 6-night stay, housekeeping failed to clean our room two of the days. Bathroom layout was awkward. Overall, with price taken into consideration, we would stay there again.
6 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Convenient hotel at a reasonable price"
We enjoyed the free parking, friendly staff, central location, and cleanliness of this hotel. They were making renovations while we were there, but we were not bothered by noise. I can confidently recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Katharine
"Nice location and staff."
Great location. Nice staff. It's old but was clean and everything worked.
1 night trip May 31, 2015
"Quiet Quiet Quiet"
I'm not sure if I had the entire floor to myself or not. I heard nothing from neighbors in the hotel. The morning traffic was a little loud, but nothing major.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"portland one night"
Good room. Lobby is lacking
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
Paula
Make sure to ask for a south side room when you make your reservation. The north side is right by the light rail line and the trains will keep you awake all night. Don't let them charge extra as they are now presenting those as "view rooms." They didn't used to do that. Tell them you don't want the room for the view. You want the room to be able to sleep.
Other trip May 27, 2015
johno3291
"Thrifty choice"
Well, the winning feature of the room was the view. We booked a city view room that faced south looking over Portland and it was pretty gorgeous. The room itself was mediocre. the beds and pillows were comfortable but nothing fancy. The bathroom, vanity, and shower were teensy tiny! The towels were scratchy and small. Along with the two beds, there was a dinky table with two chairs, fridge and microwave, small sofa chair, and television in our room. The parking situation kind of sucked as the most convenient parking was often full, but if you circle around the building you'll find a parking basement. There was no continental breakfast, but the front desk staff were awesome, incredibly friendly, and had no qualms about going out of their way to meet any requests. Overall, not at all a luxurious stay, but a decent deal and a thrifty choice if you want to stay close to the city without breaking the bank.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Good for young people and short stays"
This is a old hotel and it shows. It could really use a renovation. Walls are paper-thin, bathrooms are cramped, there were exactly zero accessible and working (I mean, both at the same time) wall sockets so recharging our phones got complicated quickly. The room (a double with 2 queen beds) had a sliding door that doubled as a windows, the handle was broken, and the glass panel was also broken but had been somewhat repaired. At some point one night someone in a nearby room started screaming and slamming things or doors or whatever and woke us up until we called the front desk and the show was put to an end. Now, the good things. The location is awesome. I don't believe there's anything better in the whole town. There's a MAX station right outside, street car stations on the next street, buses, and free parking. It's very convenient for the highways too. You can be anywhere in Portland in 15 minutes. The staff is great, and they keep the place very clean. I've never been in a hotel that looks so old but that is so clean. The beds where very comfortable too. To be honest, I enjoyed my stay, but it's not for everyone. If you're young and on a budget and don't care too much about being woken up in the middle of the night then go for it. Older people or families might want to shy away or make sure they get a quiet room.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Lanugo
"Across from the Convention Center"
Older hotel but very comfortable. Chosen because it's location.
6 night business trip May 14, 2015
convenient and affordable. CLEAN! and the staff was super helpful
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Make sure u tell front desk to lock doors"
We r there for my daughters competition and the aurconditiin was low in coolant. The maid left our door open after making beds and emptied garbage. We r missing expensive beats headphones. And we were not compensates for a bad experience.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
I am sorry some items came up missing during your stay, our housekeepers are very professional although here it sounds like they may have made a mistake. We hope if you are ever in Portland you will give us a chance to make this right.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
Melissa Miller
"Excellent location"
Very good location if you have a conference at the convention center. Fair enough and good price. You can spend a couple of days.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"It's ok"
Hotel is very old and needs remodeled. But the staff is helpful and friendly. Great location and room was ok.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Inn at the Convention Center"
The beds were comfortable. The MAX was noisy, but we did not hear other guests except in the bathroom. We thought we were getting a fridge and microwave in our room, but there was not any. (Booked through other party.) It was convenient to have the MAX station so close for transportation. The bathroom counter was too small for two people. I would hate to see how it would be for four people, which is what the two queen size beds would hold.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Just really outdated an old and smells ........................
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
whisti
"Great location to Moda Center"
Stayed at this property as it was close to Moda Center where Garth Brooks was performing. Not the greatest place in the world, but wewould stay these again.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
We are glad you took the time to leave a review. We are constantly trying to improve our property and feedback from our guests help us accomplish these goals. We look forward to having you as our guest again and we will do everything we can to make your next visit a memorable one.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Jack
"Aging Well"
The hotel is getting older but is well maintained. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was great. Will stay there again the next time we are in Portland.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
Thank you for taking a moment to leave review. We look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Portland!
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Jerod
"Good enough for a short business trip"
The hotel is a little dated, a little dark. If they installed an ice machine, that would be so much nicer than the pre-filled bags available during my stay. But it's only a block from the convention center and the public transportation stop! The staff is friendly and the price was decent.
Response by Inn At The Convention Center
We do have an ice machine on the second floor but we understand how one might not know that if you aren't actually staying on that floor. I will relay this suggestion to my general manager. We appreciate all feedback, and you taking the time to leave a review and glad our location was so convenient for you.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
Regina
"Perfect for the Convention Center"
The hotel is adjacent to the Oregon Convention Center and the city tram line. Although it is older, my room (#404) was large with spacious bath and closet, good lighting, bar with two stools, comfortable chair, and CLEAN. For the price, you cannot beat it. Free parking. It sounds too good to be true. You don't have to pay through the nose for a great Portland experience.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Allen
"For Conventioneers, you can't beat the location!"
This is no 5 star hotel but it was clean, the staff was friendly, and it is a 3 minute walk to the conference center. I was so glad I stayed there and would again. I highly recommend it to conference goers - oh, and the price was EXCELLENT!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Disappointed for the price"
The hotel is in dire need of a facelift and remodel on the interior. It's convenient location directly across from the convention center, near the train line, and with free parking (it was mostly available) was very nice. Lack of breakfast, old rooms, wrinkled carpets, and the bare amenities make it look like more of a cheap motel but the price doesn't reflect that. I was here for a conference so the location was nice but next time I will stick to nicer hotels on the city outskirts and take the tram/taxi/drive in. Not worth the price.
3 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Lindsey
"Efficient"
It was just across the street from the convention center. That was a plus for us because we were attending an event there. The train was just below our room and that created some disturbing noise. We also heard shouting from out in the street at about 3:00 in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Leanna
"noisy Hotel"
It was a bad experience, very very noisy street..
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Basic but great location"
Basic accommodations but comfortable bed and great location next to the MAX and close to city center and airport MAX. Front desk staff was helpful and suggested a must go restaurant Frank's Noodle House that was amazing!!!
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Minia
"Great."
It went great as we were so close to the Convention Center and they even let us park for a few more hours since our event didn't end until 4:30.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Margaret
"nice proximity to convention center"
Just needed a place to sleep while doing a show at the convention center.
3 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Hector
"1"
Carpet in the room was wrinkled, caused me to stumble twice. Bathroom is way out dated, and very small.
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Keith
"Close to convention center for dance competition."
The staff was excellent and very helpful. The Hotel is just not updated enough for our needs. Bathroom way too small. Lounging chair looked dirty. I didn't want to sit in it. Furniture very dated and cheap. And unfortunately our room had a connecting door so could hear all the conversations next door. We did not spend any extra time in room except to sleep and shower. If that's all you need, it will be fine. Also very little restaurants near by.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Mel
Old out dated tv cable did not work well to change the channel takes forever. Water gets extremely hot in shower. Beds lumpy. Ceiling falling down. Not worth the price
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Rachel
"Close to Convention Center"
it was good, except that I had to park on a pay parking lot, the hotel gave me a pass, but I was ticketed because it was for the day only and not for the night, I gave the ticket to the hotel receptionist she said her boss will take care o Monday morning.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Raffy
Across the street from convention center, free parking and very nice staff. Room with floor to ceiling windows facing downtown, but they were dirty . . . The beds were comfortable.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Dutchy
"Inn at te Convention Center"
Rooms are clean but are old fashioned and my room was too large for the heating to have worked efficiently . Hotel needs an upgrade now ! Grerat location !!
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Prabhakar
"Inn at the Convention Center"
70's retro decor......I found it to be quite pleasant. Staff were very helpful and friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. Good location. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"tvs"
Old tvs good channels
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Hotel is across from Convention Center"
We had a great stay. The Hotel staff was very nice. We weren't happy about hearing the workers across the street every morning and the max runs right next to the hotel.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Sue
"Convention convienence"
I was going to Comic Con at the Convention Center so location is perfect for that. Literally across the street from the Convention Center. The rooms are clean and comfortable enough. They seem to have done some upgrades since last year (adding in room microwave and fridge) but the price also went up. I'd stay again if doing something at the Convention Center since the location is good and parking is included in the room rate.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"Great price, Great Staff"
We came up from the coast to see for a concert at the Wonder Ballroom. The Inn was not overpriced, very clean with free parking near our venue. The staff were all incredibly nice, accommodating and helpful. The young lady working 3-11pm on 1/22 went above and beyond. She was able to lend us a phone charger, which was a boon, and late that evening, even though she was obviously off work and headed home, she stayed and helped us. Her co-worker was tied up with a large group checking in and, even though we would have been happy to wait, she offered to help us, retrieving the phone charger she'd previously set aside for us and writing a new parking pass because my car apparently ate the original. The M track, while convenient being so close, was really loud and not being from the area, I did not take this into consideration. Next time I'll bring earplugs. Also, the maintenance worker helped me when my drink got stuck in the vending machine, which I really appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
"Cheap Room, Noisy Neighboorhood"
I stayed for a convention that weekend. It wasn't stated anywhere on the website, but a monorail/train runs along RIGHT outside the room. Hearing that every five minutes made sleeping almost impossible, as well as the family in the next room who had no problem screaming at their crying children all. night. long. I had to check out a day early, unexpectedly. The lady at the desk was very nice, but she said that if I booked a room through the hotel they'd have been able to refund me for the last night. How am I supposed to do that when clicking the 'Booking' link directs me to hotels.com? There was nowhere on the site that said I could book a room any other way. The room was cheap, but loosing $100 is still $100 I could have used.
3 night business trip Jan 23, 2015