All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
555 Highway 17, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Absurd pet fee !!! ABSURD !"
A four work and weekend get away with the family. Loved not staying in the middle o Santa Cruz, from all the reviews I read regarding the hotels near the boardwalk... they just seemed like a nightmare.( some reviewers had posted pictures of the other hotels, pictures like, mold, blood on the door, more mold, broken stuff, stained sheets etc ... ) This place made it feel easy and safe. However, they do not offer breakfast early, and the room coffee is below substandard... nobody wants that coffee !!! Make a pot in the lobby, make your clients happy ! And honestly my biggest thing about this place is the 30 dollar a night for pets ? Seriously ? ARE YOU SERIOUS ? I will never ever go back there unless they bring that charge to a normal rate like 10 or 15 bucks... but 30 ??? I could go on but I will give this place an OK review... however if you want to bring your pet go somewhere else... specially for multiple nights.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
jorge
Unfortunately there was no tv the nite I stayed because of a fire in the kitchen area of the lodge. Carpet in room was filthy.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"No wifi and no help!"
The wifi did not work. We asked if we could simply be moved to a room where the wifi worked. The front desk attendant refused to move us and told us that we had to talk to their internet service provider. We talked to the ISP who told us that they could not fix the problem and to have the hotel move us to another room. The bottom line is the hotel took no responsibility for the problem. They should have moved us and dealt with the ISP themselves. Our frustration was not that the wifi didn't work, it was the poor attitude of the hotel. We won't be back.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"family weekend vacation"
Check in was simple and easy. Upon arrival to room lights were left on for easy entry. Litbfireplace and sat down to relax with family before bed. Setting up sofa couch for kids was quick cause the bed itself was already made.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
bryan
"Nice place to stay"
We stay here often when in town visiting family. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Nice property. It's 5 minutes from downtown Santa Cruz yet just far enough away from the bustle of the city.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Mary Ellen
"Miserable stay."
Pretty much a dump. Parking lot is super rough. I had to avoid pot holes and humps to prevent from scraping my undercarriage. The interior has T1 -11 siding in lieu of drywall. The carpet is filthy and stained. The furniture is uncomfortable and very dated. The bathroom is tiny and poorly updated. There is zero counter space to place toiletries/makup, the shower surround has been painted white and they missed a large section so the original lavender and teal show through. The room has no ac, but has heat. The heat is gas and the unit gets dangerously hot. The hot water is hard to regulate to a comfortable temp, you either get scalding or tepid water. The tv is tiny but fine. The bed is a miserable place to sleep. There seems to have been a plastic liner on the mattress or just cheap non-breathable polyester sheets that make you feel clammy while sleeping. Oh and half the shutters were broken and wouldn't stay open so the room was pretty dark. The view from the room was what I assume is the septic tank access area... so road cones and manhole covers surrounded by gravel... not pleasant. We we're one of maybe 10 people staying in the entire inn, so, I was quiet at night. The staff was nice enough. There was no continental breakfast... oh the coffee provided in room was decent... will never stay there again. We usually pay $30 more than this place and get a beautiful clean comfortable suite in Capitola that comes with a very generous continental breakfast, but we procrastinated.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"relaxing and comfortable stay"
We had a very relaxing time. We enjoyed our stay. The only issue we had was that the coffee and condoments were not refilled for the next morning after the room was cleaned. When we got back from our day we could smell the cleanliness. Our overall stay was excellent.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
THOMAS
"inn at pasatiempo"
There was a problem with our booking but the were still able to get us a room. Room seemed very old and could use to be updated some but had a tall ceiling and a fan. There was nothing that stood out in a good or bad way. For the price we payed it was a good stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Birthday weekend with daughter."
Very nice and convenient to everything. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great location!"
We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and it was a great location. However, one of the beds was seriously sunken in. Definitely could use a new mattress.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Kat
"Should and the should not of selling points!"
if a pool is in and can be safely used then offer it. To promise late hrs and claim 80° water. To only give run around on why the mgr can't leave front desk to open the pool is a big no no. The hrs of "sun up to sun down". Is not what The POOl posted hrs said 9-9 every day. A real letdown after. Fighting. The traffic to get to the location.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Matthew
"Nice motel close to Santa Cruz"
Front desk staff were attentive and helpful. There is a restaurant adjacent to the motel's lobby, which is really convenient. If you wish to eat somewhere else though, you need to jump in the car and head down into Santa Cruz to find something. I liked it overall. The room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom tub and shower. It is convenient in that it is right off highway 17, like within about 50 yards of it or so. While you can hear some road noise, I am a light sleeper and it didn't bother me at all.
"Nice old place"
Ok just old bed sucked had old plastic cover that was horrible seedy characters also hanging around outside
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
django
"pasatiempo"
Very nice. Joanna was very helpful. Enjoyed breakfast at the golf club.
1 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
james
"Inn at Pasatiempo"
recentky remodeled. Cozy. Very comfortable. Steakhouse at the inn was very good too
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Cliff
"Sweet Home Santa Cruz"
The Inn at Pasatiempo is a wonderful place and the people are even more awesome!! We will be back!!
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
HOMERO
Stayed here for 3 nights. The grounds were nice; our room faced the garden/pool area. Building was not recently remodeled but our room was clean and satisfactory. The room had a high ceiling which made it seem larger. Could have used a small table but apparently not enough room with the 2 queen beds, refridgerator, etc. The toilet water level was abnormally high and looked like it might overflow when flushed but had no problems. The restaurant/bar on site had great food and appeared popular with locals but only open in the evenings. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"A 3.5 stars - good value w/minor issues!!!"
Hotel was very clean which is very important - easy access from the 17 freeway and before you get into the more congested areas of downtown Santa Cruz. Had two issues though: 1) keys stop working on the second night so they had to be reprogrammed, I don't if it was human error or equipment issues; and 2) heater broke the fourth night so I called and they sent in repair man to fix it within 20 mins and he did - perhaps they need to improve preventive maintenance. Overall I would give this hotel a 3.5 stars - I think it's if great value for the price paid.
4 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"A wonderful hotel"
New Year's Eve with our family. Lovely grounds with space for active kids to play. Delicious dinner couldn't ask for more.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Wonderful environment to enjoy a restful and truly relaxing vacation.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Lots of Trees and Greenery"
Nice and interesting landscaping. Minor quibbles about no microwave in room and the coffee service packets missing in room. Staff was super nice about early departure. 97 out of 100.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Scotti
"best rate!"
nice place-would have not stayed here except for my friends who advised me the rates were great at the holiday. Normally stay at Dream Inn!
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
DAVID
"Pleasant Stay"
Clean. Quiet. Plenty of parking. Convenient location. Classic style California ranch roadside inn. Nicely kept with attention to detail. Lovely landscaping. Had everything I needed.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Not what you expect"
The room was old, outdated, shower had peeling paint. No hairdryer but a plate attached to the wall where there was one. I have lived here all my life and always heard of this place being referred to the likes of Chimande
1 night trip Dec 9, 2014
"Good value on Thanksgiving weekend!"
We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is close to Rte 17 and downtown Santa Cruz.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
by
"In Santa Cruz for a wedding"
In town for a wedding, this hotel was conveniently located for everything. Rooms were clean and comfortable. New bar/restaurant was an added bonus
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Gayle
"Mediocre motel"
The location is convenient to Santa Cruz points of interest, but the rooms are mediocre--no A/C so windows must be open, subject to noisy neighbors sitting outside their room next door, kids on skateboards, and worst of all, the neighbor smoking outside his room, smoke wafting into our room! :-( The lighting, wall outlets, and room decor were below standard. Bed had a hard plastic mattress pad, not comfortable. We will not be returning to this motel.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Excellent find"
Nice clean rooms, the best part is the restaurant and bar! Food is outstanding and priced right too!
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Andy
"oct 2014 getaway"
nice place great location just outside of town so little traffic noise and not wedged in like the hotels in town, out by trees/forest. but only five minutes away, we would definitely stay here again. older place but well maintained and no A/C but weather was nice and it was not needed, and anyways you are by the beach and trees so normally a person would not need it anyways. check in was easy and counter person was nice and helpful
3 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
don l
"Great food, clean , friendly, dated facilities..."
I have chosen to stay at the Pasatiempo Inn many times over the years, all of which have been good experiences. There has been very few changes to the hotel however there is a new restaurant and bar, with excellent food, and friendly staff.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Jordan
"Great place to stay in Santa Cruz"
We have stayed here many times and the rooms are always clean.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Near to my heart"
My review is biased because I lived at Pasatiempo back in the 60's when my parents were the managers, so it is VERY special to me. Coming back to Pasatiempo, I was pleased to see that the place still looks great and the rooms have been updated. I forgot (after all these years) that the rooms do not have air conditioning. This was a problem for me the first night I stayed there because my room was very warm (85 degrees) and it took some effort to get it cooled down with just the ceiling fan, a box fan, and the window open.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Inn near Santa Cruz parks"
average room but very close to where we were visiting. It is old and needs some work on the walls - pool is heated though and the pool area is nice.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Kirk
"Clean, quiet and a large room"
The room was large, clean and quiet. There is a bar on the premises that serves meals from 11 am to 9 pm. There is a complementary breakfast of orange juice, coffee and muffins that is served from 7 am to 10 am. The nearest restaurant where you can get breakfast is about a mile and a half away.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Philip
"Good location and price"
Overall, the stay was good. The room had no air conditioning and only windows that opened to the parking lot, so it was a bit stuffy. There was a ceiling fan that helped. Everything was very clean and all but the shower were updated. It was odd that the shower had broken tiles and a drain that looked a bit scary when everything else looked so good. I would stay there again. I used the pool after dark and could find noone who knew how to turn on the lights.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
"Love this hotel"
The Inn at Pasatiempo is close to town but also a bit secluded and away from the hustle and bustle. It is quiet, the beds are very comfortable and the ceiling fans always keep the temperature comfortable. It is nice to come back to the room after a day of activities.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"A wonderful place to stay"
The staff were helpful and responsive to every hotel concern. What a beautiful area to simply relax after a full day downtown in Santa Cruz. I am staying here every time I visit Santa Cruz. Thanks to you all.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Oklin
"Construction"
A new deck is being built. It will improve the rating
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Close to wedding we attended."
Room needs new carpet, screens, windows, shudders and painting. Room was very warm. No ventilation in the bathroom. Room did not look like room shown on the website!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Older hotel convenient to Santa Cruz"
Some issues in trying to send time-critical fax. Didn't work the second time and had to be sent and received back East by 4:00 p.m. EST. Gave desk the fax around 10:30 a.m. that morning. Went about my day and came back around 12:30 only to learn that the fax didn't go through. No one made any attempt to contact me and I had to RUSH to the nearest FedEx to send fax. Service in restaurant could use work to improve. Pretty slow, but very nice staff in general and food was OK.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Beautiful location, nice remodel, great staff"
Great staff, room was a bit hot, but a fan and the night air chilled the room down. Resturaunt was great, and staff was very nice. We had a great stay and would come back!
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"The only thing we did not like about this hotel"
was the bed. It had a good dip in the middle of the bed. We had a hard time sleeping because of this. So if you get room 118 check the mattress. Other wise we loved the place. They brought in a roll a way bed for our granddaughter. The pool was wonderful, we spent more time there then visiting family. Good places to explore without leaving the grounds. I was raised in Santa Cruz and always wanted to stay here, I'm glad we did. I will probably stay here next year too! I'll just check the mattress out first.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Judy
Pretty good value for the price overall.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Attractive but lacking in comfort"
Our room and the hotel facility was clean and attractive. We found the room warm and stuffy unless the window was wide open. With the window open, it was noisy into the wee hours...2:00 am. Walls were very thin also. We could clearly hear our neighbors. We requested a room on the back side, so traffic noise was not bad.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Old hotel, more like a motel"
Room had no A/C. It had to be over 90 degrees in the room when I first walked in. I kept having issues with the smoke detector in my room. It started beeping around 4am. I called the front desk later that morning and they supposedly had it fixed. The second night it started beeping at around 10:30. Once again I called the front desk and they said there was nobody available to fix it. I tried to sleep but couldn't. I called again at midnight and was told the guy would be there soon. He showed up about a half hour later and replaced the battery. I would have done it myself if it had been a normal ceiling height. The guy used a 20' ladder to reach it.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
2nd time staying at this facility.Great place to stay! Perfect location,nice pool,nice room,great bar and grill. The continental breakfast was just OK and the room didn't have AC but luckily the weather is rarely too hot in Santa Cruz.We will stay there again without a doubt.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Dion
"Just the right distance from town"
We enjoyed our stay. The room had all amenities and a very comfortable bed. Clean inside and out. The pool looked very inviting although we just didn't have time to enjoy it. The bar had just re-opened the night we were there so we enjoyed a couple of night-caps. Very nicely renovated. We would definitely return.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Dave Stanley
Service & guests were friendly. Inn was well kept. Restaurant just reopened and employees were awesome. Food was delicious. When we first arrived, there were just a couple minor things that needed to be fixed in the room and maintenance fixed them right away. This was 2nd time staying here and we will be back again!!!
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
Anika
"Very quite"
Very charming property...Has an old French country feel. The beds could of been better. Maybe time to replace? Had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Had a nice stay. The room was very cute and generally clean (the carpets were pretty dirty)
Other trip Aug 18, 2014