All hotels in Venice, Italy
Corte Barbaro, Cannaregio 4604, Venice, VE, 30131, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

I have been in Venice several times, first staying in Ca' d' Oro
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Nice hotel in Venice. Service was terrific. One draw back, we were in the annex which has a great large room but no wifi in the room. Had to go to the lobby for wifi. Other than that a great choice.
2 night trip Nov 3, 2013
"Great for a stay in Venice"
Family of four, two adults and two grownup boys. Room was large and very comfortable. The bathroom had the best view of the canals, was impeccable and had 110V outlet good for charging my sons DS. The air conditioner worked fine and the Internet worked without a problem in the room. Breakfast was complete and included in price. The staff was very nice and multilingual. Venice is a city were you will do a lot of walking to get to know it well. These hotel was well located near one of the Vaporettos stop by the same name. We would definitely stay their again.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
VPR
Overall, we were really happy with hotel. Great location, nice rooms, very friendly hotel staff.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Good location- old, cramped, average."
The hotel's location is great- a little hard to find but so is everything in Venice :) Breakfast was good, nice selection and options. The room was very, very, small- which we expected to a certain degree- but it was so small it was hard to move around in. There were a couple pieces of unnecessary furniture that, I think, in a room that small you could remove and do without just for a smidgeon of extra space (there was an extra chair and a stool.) The shower was so tiny- I'm 5 feet tall and 115 lbs and I couldn't wash my hair without bumping the shower doors. The bed was the worst, worst, bed we slept in on all of our honeymoon (5 hotels throughout Europe.) It was SO hard. They used two twin beds pushed together (fairly normal in Europe) but the separation was such that we kept rolling into the middle. And the two pillows they provided were flat as pancakes. Sheets and towels smelled of ammonia. They couldn't provide an iron or ironing board- just a heads up. The staff was helpful and kind.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"Terrific location"
Hotel Ca' d'Oro is a wonderful property in a terrific location. Convenient to everything. The staff was above and beyond. A family member left his cell phone in his room when we departed on a 7 day cruise. When we returned to Venice a week later he went back to the hotel and they had it in their safe waiting for him. Good breakfast too!
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
Jack
Hotel Ca' d'Oro was nice. We arrived in Venice by train so it was a long walk and hard to find. Our room was nice enough, bed was comfortable after a long day of walking and it was clean. Staff was helpful. Seemed a bit expensive for what you get, but let's face it, everything is expensive in Venice. Breakfast was ok with lots of choices. If you can't afford anything closer to the center of town, then you should stay here. After all, visiting Venice is not about the hotel. This is a safe and clean hotel. It is nearly a mile to Saint Mark's Basilica so be prepared to walk...but there is so much to see in between that it did not bother us at all.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
Wendy
"Very nice hotel and great location"
We were very pleased with our hotel and with the part of the city where it was located. Also, try though we might, we never got permanently lost and kept ending up back at this hotel -- a real plus in Venice!
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Mike & Kaye
Cute little hotel tucked away from all the craziness Venice has to offer. Cute shops and bars surrounding it, which was great. The only complaint I had was the distance from the public taxi station. It was a long walk and we were travelling heavy, and it was tough carrying luggage up and down stairs to get to the hotel. also, hotel didnt have any porter service. We told them about how tough it was to get there, but they didnt have much to say. They could have atleast suggested that we take the private taxi (which is more expensive but convenient). But they never mentioned it. We figured it out ourselves. Apart from that, its a good hotel. Small rooms, but will do.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2013
Karthika
"Charming hotel - location and more!"
If you're going to Venice, you should definitely consider this location. It's very convenient to a vaporetto stop and even better compared to other hotels I've stayed at in Venice - no small bridges to go up and down to get to it. With luggage, that makes life so much easier. It was also convenient to San Marco and the Rialto areas. The people who work there are very nice and helpful, and, they were flexible with us in leaving a day early due to family obligations. It was extremely warm while we were in Venice but the room was cool. The only slight negative was the room was a little tight - not much room to work around considering the luggage. Without a doubt, I would stay there again and recommend it to others. Breakfast was fairly standard, similar to other hotels we stayed at in Italy.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Louise
"Dream view onto canal"
It is situated in a quiet small corner that borders a residential area. I love this area since it is not in the crazyness of San Marco. The best part is the view onto the canal and the fact that a water taxi can pick you up at the door. Room is good size for non 5 star hotels in Venice Good air conditioning. Breakfast simple,rolls fruit cereal etc. Staff mostly friendly.5 min to Ca'd Ora vaparetto.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Kay T.
"Nice hotel in quiet area"
Very pleasant one-night stay in triple occupancy. this room is located in the separate building, not the main building, but that is only room there, so it is extremely quiet and comfort. The room is spacious and the bathroom is just awesome. It seems they recently renovated so it is really modern.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Lucy
"Location Location just a few minor complaints"
Overall we liked the hotel, it is just off the beaten path so it is very quiet, it is convenient to the inland and outland waterways(sits between the Ca d'Oro and F.teNove(Vaporetto/Alliguna) stops. Pluses, it has 2 great restaurants close by (Malibran & Da Alvise). The hotel's facilities are computer controlled so they could tell me the exact temp in my room yet they couldn't seem to lower it much below 26.5 Cent. Wifi was a bit spotty in the room but passable. Hotel and staff was good otherwise, breakfast was good as well. Would I stay here again, yes!
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
"great location in less touristy part of Venice."
Great location. Easy enough walk with luggage to vaparetto stop. Lots of restaurants nearby. Quiet. Room was old, but nice and clean.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
amanda
"Gem of Venice"
Delightfully in the center of it all. 15 min walk to most everything. Piazza Di Roma boat drops u 5 min walk from hotel. Breakfast is comprehensive and elegantly european. Clean, hospitable and huge bathroom. Loved my privacy. Wished for more English Satelite channels on tv.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2013
Terri
"Lovely stay"
Our stay at Ca' d'Oro was wonderful. Breakfast was simple, but good. It isn't located directly by St. Mark's square, but the walk to any part of the island is very doable: hotel reception is glad to help. We found the location to be rather ideal. Being away from the crowded, tourist areas made for peaceful nights. Our room had a view of a quaint canal; though, virtually all views of the city were rather awe inspiring. Our room for 4 was decorated very nicely with "fabric walls" and a glass chandelier.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
Sara
"cute and comfortable"
small room with limited appointments but nice bath. breakfast was mediocre. roof terrace was excellent and often empty. close to rialto but quite a haul from the main sights.
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
DH
"Venice hotel convenient location"
We got a mini suite with canel view. Room is clean and had good breakfast in the morning. Wifi is slow but is included.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
dp
"Quiet location"
The staff was helpful, courteous and friendly. The room was small but clean. The hair dryer didn't work but was replaced within the day. Breakfast was good. Location was a bit difficult to find the first day, as sit was in a tiny courtyard off a small street, but not unusual for Venice.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Carla
"Great Value in Heart of Venice"
Very nice stay. Location perfect. Pleasant small rooftop terrace. Good a/c in rooms and that is a must in summer.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Great staying experience!"
The location was great-- not too far from the water bus stop, not too far from the main attractions, but just far enough to get away from the tourist hustle and bustle. The staff was SUPER nice. My room was small, but quite enough for one person. The internet was free and fast in the room. The breakfast was standard European hotel breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night trip Jun 22, 2013
FHsu
"Wonderful experience start to finish!"
Great experience start to finish! The staff was so helpful and friendly! We were given a map and dinner suggestions and they happily answered any questions we had! We also needed a water taxi on the day we were leaving and it was right outside the door. One of our favorite experiences there! Would definitely stay again!
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Cute Boutique Hotel"
Cute boutique hotel close to the vaporetto stop. In a nice neighborhood, centrally located to everything. Good staff, very professional. They did a good job with breakfast(complimentary). Room and bath were neat and clean. Furnished in typical Venetian decor.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Gloria
Hotel was old and could use a facelift, but it was clean. The sheets were not very quality and felt a little like sandpaper. The breakfast was good. Some of the personnel were friendly and helpful, but many of them were just civil. They do not have a place to store your luggage if you need to leave it for a while after you check out. We had to leave it in the lobby; it was safe, however, and we were not missing anything. The hotel is ok if you are not planning to spend much time there and don't mind "scratchy" sheets and towels.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Shirl Girl
"Our first Hotel in Italy"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We were in the heart of Venice and went from one end to the other with the ferry transport which was close by. Also the Ca' d'Oro piazza was full of shops, restaurants, a church, and was not too crowded. Breakfast was good, management friendly. It was a good beginning for our visit to Italy.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2013
"Quiet, scenic, comfortable hotel"
We had a great three night stay and were sad to leave. The room was quiet and clean with a Venitian glass chandelier and fabric wall covering. We could see a canal from our window even though we had a basic room. The roof deck was good place to see a different side of the city. The included breakfast was great way to start the day and included fruit, meat and cheese, yogurt, pasteries and cold and warm drinks. The room and bathroom were not very big, but was a quiet place to rest when we wanted a break from exploring Venice.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Nice hotel in a good location"
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is in a good location and close to a water bus stop, restaurants and shopping. Main attractions are within a short walking distance. My room was small as I was a single traveller and I expected it. The room was very clean and had everything I needed. My room was next to the elevator but it was never a problem as I never heard it while in my room. The room had a nice AC and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was great and helped me whenever I needed it. The breakfast that was served was very good and sufficient for me. My only problem was that the credit card machine broke and I had to scamble to get enough cash to pay the bill. Overall this is a great little hotel and I would recommend it highly.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Quiet hotel in the heart of Venice"
The hotel was only a short walk from a busy street, but was very quiet and comfortable. The staff was very helpful, although my arrival was very late. The continental breakfast was very satisfying.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"wonderful trip to venice!"
This hotel was very comfortable, the bathroom though small was very clean and y\updated. All hotels in Venice have small rooms, but this is to be expected in the old city. Our 2 boys were in the room with us in 2 single cots so it was crowded but we were not in the room much. the continental breakfast was great and of course so was the coffee!!
4 night family trip Jun 11, 2013
melanie
"An excellent choice"
We found that the hotel was well located and well kept, near everything but out of the crowded streets. A small but satisfying breakfast and a well appointed room complemented a very helpful staff for suggesting tours, events and other services.
Other trip Jun 13, 2013
Benjamin
"Hidden treasure"
Hotel was convenient to all major attractions in Venice and just off a nice 'strada' with many fine restaurants, yet it was quiet and cozy. It is so tucked away it is almost hard to find at first, even though it has signs from the main street . if you look for them. It was worth looking for however, as it is through an arched alleyway, tucked in a cute little courtyard. Very charming!Staff was helpful and freindly. Our room was spacious and beautiful with a large bathtub and shower- and immaculately clean. We were not able to partake of the free breakfast due to an early flight, but the desk clerk made us a fresh cup of expresso before we departed.
1 night trip May 24, 2013
"Comfortable refuge"
Wanted a place that was clean and quiet away from the tourist chaos in the center of Venice and this was perfect... Quiet, clean, private, in a good neighborhood yet only 5 min walk from Rialto... Great choice. Rooms clean, in new condition, cheerful staff and a great restaurant recommendation. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Small, charming hotel in a quiet area.`"
I was pleased with my stay. The hotel was not too far from public transportation and many small, typical Venetian restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and breakfast quite good.
Other trip May 15, 2013
"Better than I'd expected"
After seeing the online photos, I wasn't expecting much from Hotel Ca' d'Oro. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised upon checking in. The rooms are small and basic, but clean and well maintained. Small beds, small bathroom, small shower, but pretty standard for European rooms. Overall it felt like a basic boutique hotel with a delicious breakfast selection. The roof terrace is a terrific perk and definitely worth sharing a light meal or bottle of wine up there. Also I was only in Venice for two nights, but it was easy enough to get to the hotel from the airport via a water taxi. Everywhere else we wanted to see was easily within walking distance, and there were lots of great restaurants nearby.
2 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2013
Our experience at Hotel Ca' d'Oro was very nice. The room was small (but most rooms in Venice are small, so this is typical). The location is fairly convenient to both the Vapretto and main sights in Venice. The staff was also very helpful and the breakfast was good - plenty to get one started for a day of sightseeing. I believe hotel to be a good balance in terms of cost/value.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
I am a solo traveler so I received a single occupant room that was small but it's Venice with old buildings and not much space, however, the room was very clean, quiet and tastefully decorated. Staff was friendly and nice. Good location but since its Venice every hotel is convenient to the attractions. Loved the rooftop terrace for the views and relaxation on the sunny days I was there. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"We loved the location."
We loved the location -very convenient. The breakfast was very nice every morning. All of the staff we had contact with were very pleasant and friendly. We would stay at Hotel Ca d' Oro again.
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
Ann
"great location"
location though difficult to find,is only 5 minutes from Grand Canal-at Ca D Oro waterbus stop,and 5-10 minutes opposite way to water bus to Murano,Burano, and also place to get airport taxi,15 Euros, remember when you have 2-3 days in Venice ,purchase a 2-3 day pass good for all busses,but not airport taxi. this hotel was as advertised generally nice people,but as others have said a single room-bed is about 3 feet wide,but room was clean,thin walls,and tv had 300 stations,but only had BBC in English. average budget breakfast-free,I would stay there again well worth the money.
3 night trip Feb 22, 2013
"Prime location in the heart of Venice"
Excelent service, best quality services, I have all my needs/amenities satisfy. What i like the most was the great location, were I"live" for 10 days among locals and see Venice as everyday life style, besides touring and see the amazing museuns, churchs, restaurants etc....everything was close by , if not the gondola ride it pays off,The best vacation ever. I had 5 stars hotel just for the warm, helpfull , professional service I had during my entire stay . I strongly recommend.
8 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"Nice hotel and bargain"
Nice hotel and helpful staff. Good for those that want to spent time in Veice away from the hustling of the more popular areas.
Other trip Dec 4, 2012
"Love"
Love this hotel! Sweet little out of the way hotel, close to water bus, right off the Grand Canal, in what I consider the best part of Venice. Quiet, romantic, beautiful. Room was teeny but typical of Europe. It was meticulously clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2012
"Great location."
I was pleased with most aspects of the hotel including the location, private bathroom and the included breakfast. Very pleasant rooftop deck with great views. Our room overlooked the canal which provided another great view. My only quibble was with the small size of the room, but it was not a big problem as we were out most of the time.
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2012
Bryan
"Great Stay!"
Our stay here was great. We celebrated our honeymoon here and on our first night we were given a bottle of champagne! We had a nice sized room with a canal view which was very quite and relaxing. Everything was clean, breakfast was good and staff was nice. The bed was a little too firm and we only had one pillow but otherwise our stay was great and we would recommend!
Romance trip Oct 7, 2012
Katec
"Good hotel for couples"
Our room was clean and spacious. It was on the 4th floor, where the rooms seemed newer. Other guests in our party were on the 2nd floor and their rooms were small in comparison. I would have rated the cleanliness of the room a 5 but for the carpet being dirty in several areas. The location was great and the staff was very helpful in helping us solve a couple of problems we had encountered. The breakfast that was included was quite satisfying.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Faye
excellent, highly recommend
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"Clean, Quiet, Lovely, and on a Canal!"
The hotel was very clean, private, and best of all - on a small, quiet canal. When we arrived after a long, but nice 11 hour night train from Paris, we walked straight to the little space near the canal and the view! The staff were very courteous at the front desk and the room was beautiful - we even had a canal view! We had a large, air conditioned room with queen bed and two cots for our teenage daughters. Nice, simple breakfast was included. The hotel staff arranged for a complimentary boat ride to Murano Island for a short tour of a glass blowing factory and a guided visit to the show room. We took the public boat back. Very nice hotel, just a short walk to the Gondola stop for a great tour.
Other trip Sep 8, 2012
Family of Four
A very nice facility, kind and helpful staff, and a well-run breakfast room. We would go back.
Family trip Aug 26, 2012
Anonymous
"Cute Boutique Hotel"
Nice boutique hotel in the center of Venice, rooms are a bit tired, but that seems standard for the area. Breakfast buffet is basic, but adequate. It can be a bit tricky to get there, the water taxis are quite expensive from the airport (110 euros), if you feel adventerous take the public ferry (15 euros per person)
Other trip Aug 22, 2012

"Great location, lovely room with a canal view."
Excellent Location,room with a canal view recommended.
3 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great stay."
Just come back from a 4 night stay . Very honest review . The location of the hotel is really good . Only about 10/15 walk to from san marco area , but the walk is lovely . The area around the hotel is very nice restaurants and shops . we walked all over venice, its not as big as you think . The hotel is small but has a nice venice feel , we were in room 302 , canal views . Really pleased we stayed here .
4 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015