All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
200 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad amenities
"Great place downtown Austin"
The hotel is very well locating within walking distance to downtown amenities, we walked to the river and rented kayaks and walked to restaurants too. The rooms are comfortable and the wi-fi and breakfast were very nice to have. I wish they had free parking but apparently that is non existing in downtown Austin. So overall a very good experience.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Juan
"Hotel Stay"
Excellent hotel, breakfast and service.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"property under renovation; not clean"
Hotel renovation in progress; extremely noisy during the day, unable to rest between afternoon activities and departure for dinner. Problem with Check-in; had to call Hotels.com; front desk initially not helpful at all. Sheets were dirty in the room, had to have them changed. Breakfast not good, went to creperie next door, which was excellent. Location is great for Convention Center or access to restaurants, etc., on Congress St. Hopefully cleanliness and front desk attitude will improve with completion of the renovation.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Close to convention center Nice hotel"
The hotel was undergoing renovations. Hard to nap in afternoon Staff was accomadating
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Shannon
Breakfast buffet is awesome and quiet sleep
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Very pleased!!!"
This was a great location within walking distance to fabulous restaurants, night life, exciting music, the river. They are putting the finishing touches on the hotel "face-lift" and it is going to look so nice when it is done! Our room was sufficient, the breakfast had lots of variety and the seating on the balcony was so nice! Yes, it was warm, but your could see and hear the action from the streets. The most impressive?? The staff. Hands down, EVERYONE from the valet, front desk, porter, - top notch. A real pleasure and when we have a need to be back in Austin - we will book there.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Bruce
"Great location."
Great location and facilities. This hotel is walking distance to 6th street nightlife as well as the Capital. The front desk clerk recommended we go towards a more local bar scene as well and it was even better than 6th Street. Not sure the name of the area, but Bar 96 starts the area and it is filled with great watering holes and awesome food trucks. Must do. Also, check out Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. Great great time. Book this hotel so you dont have to cab it around all over the place.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Keith
"Best value in downtown Austin"
Excellent, close to everything within Austin's downtown amenities.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Narciso
"Close to everything we wanted to do"
Great location and great places to eat around but the air conditioner would not get cold enough.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Renovations Until October 2015"
We arrived at the hotel at 4pm, after an almost 6-hour drive. We wanted to relax in our room before dinner. Unfortunately, this was not going to happen. DIRECTLY ABOVE us we heard hammering, sawing, and scraping constantly from the time we arrived to when we left for dinner. I contacted the front desk, only to be told they were doing renovations and that the crew would stop at 6pm. They gave a typical apology for inconvenience and noted that they had placed a sign near the elevators to inform customers. No offer was made to move us to another room, even after I noted that the work was literally in the room above ours. No mention of these renovations was made when we booked or at check-in. Then again, at 8am on a Saturday morning, the renovations started again, directly above us. We had hoped to sleep in late--as, hello, we were on vacation. Instead we immediately checked out. I notified the corporate office of this the day we checked out and have yet (a full week later) to receive any kind of real response from the company. We will not be staying at a Hampton Inn again.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Birds and valet parking"
I did valet parking (garage). The next day, my car to come back riddled with bird poop. For $28+ to have it parked, I just wasn't expecting the site of it. I'm pretty easy going, and I needed to get somewhere so I just chalked it up to "maybe the usual places were unavailable due to the construction". I stopped later that day and paid another $10 at a drive thru carwash just to get it off. Nice hotel, close to lots of restaurants, an easy walk to Congress Ave/6th Street. Breakfast was good. Saw signs that the hotel was having some construction done, and saw some workers, but never heard a sound from it. Very quiet, very nice. I would stay again despite the birds :)
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Laurie
The hotel is conveniently located for downtown meetings. I enjoyed my brief stay.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Bad timing. Under the construction.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
pok
"First impressions"
Great location to restaurants and entertainment. Walking distance to convention center and Capitol. Beds were comfy, hotel staff were professional and helpful. Breakfast buffet was great. The only problem, the housekeeping never cleaned our room the whole week. Sink was dirty, countertops. They just made the beds and changed towels, rather disappointing in room cleaning.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Everything is pretty good, including service, room, location, and others. The only items I am not happy about are its internet service and parking. Internet bandwidth is small. Parking is valet, costing $28 per night.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Weekend in Austin"
We stayed here for my wife's birthday. it's in a great location for downtown and 6th Street. We were upgrade to a king suite which was nice. Very quiet too although they are doing renovations now and had some work noise. Not at night. Bed was great. The top sheet was a little thin for my taste but that's the only complaint.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"6th Street Experience"
This hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks of 6th street. It has several restaurants within walking distance. Check in was fast and staff was friendly. Room was very spacious and clean. Amenities were great. Free Continental breakfast was WONDERFUL! The staff was constantly refilling the food trays. Only thing I didn't like were that the elevators took FOREVER!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Cindy
"The "go to" hotel for downtown Austin"
Convenient for ROT Rally without being chaotic.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
"Professor Traveling"
Great stay - professor moving through area for the summer. Always stay at this hotel.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2015
james
"Very Nice!"
The hotel was very nice and very clean. When we arrived, we were informed that "free" or self parking wasn't available and had to valet. Overall though, the experience was very nice and within easy walking distance to many local locations.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Trey
"Good location, great staff but tired looking"
We stayed for the Republic of Texas Biker Rally and it was a last minute booking. We selected the hotel because it was close to 6th St and had covered parking for the bike, which was a good choice considering the weather! The location is really good for downtown. The staff at the valet stand and in reception were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was not ready when we arrived but they notified us as soon as it was available. They provided complementary water after our long bike ride to Austin which was appreciated. The room itself was fine. Space was good and everything worked as it should. The bed was also very comfortable. The room itself, and the general décor of the whole place, was a little tired and a little old feeling. The complimentary breakfast was good - nice selection, although it was very busy.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Bass1st
Great hotel within walking distance of so many things.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great customer service, good breakfast, good local"
Very friendly and helpful service. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was great (including hot items such as waffles, pre-made omelettes, sausage, and biscuits and gravy). Beds were very comfortable. The only issue my party had was that some renovation work started at 8:30am while we were all still sleeping. We called and alerted the front desk, but it didn't stop until around the time we checked out. The front desk was very apologetic however and offered to compensate two out of our three rooms without any hesitation or hassle whatsoever, which showed me that they take customer satisfaction and service very seriously. I definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Dallas
"great location for our needs"
Hotel management went above and beyond to remedy a problem we had. The location of the hotel was convenient.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"May Austin Trip"
Great, would stay again on my next Austin visit. Service was super!
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
Marilyn
"Amazing"
I'm in Austin often for business and have stayed just about everywhere. I would definitely go back to the Hampton! Great service. Free wi fi and a delicious breakfast!
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
ora
"Qick trip"
Nice quick visit to Austin. Loved location. Hotel was above average. Parking was very pricy.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Road trip"
Construction was going on right above my room terrible
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"A very bad experiernce"
The Hotel is undergoing renovations. They started jack hammering at 9:30am on a Saturday and they said it would be going on all weekend long. They never told me this on website or upon checking in. To add insult to injury when I called the manager at 9:35am I was told that the Owners of the hotel decided to have the work done. I left and changed hotels. I was offered nothing by the hotel except they promised not to charge me $28.00 Valet parking fee for the night I did not use. I very bad experience and not what one would expect from a solid hotel chain. I would not return.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"$28 mandatory valet"
there was repair work going on and it was very loud initially after we checked In. It was not disclosed before or after purchase on hotels.com that the hotel only offers valet for $28 per day. this was unexpected But other than that it was a great stay in downtown austin
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"All around great hotel an staff."
Great hotel and location. Staff was superb and helpful on one of the busiest weekends of the year! Cleaning service and Valet service were top notch!!
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Gerald
"Wonderful Hotel!"
Our stay at this Hampton was excellent. The room could not possibly have been any cleaner or nicer. Every single staff member that we interacted with was fantastic. Great location! Perfect in every way.
3 night family trip May 6, 2015
BARBARA
"Bad place to stay"
Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a weekend getaway and were not told the building was under construction so we were woke up by beating and banging on Sat morning... The beds are not very comfy with tiny horrible pillows and the A/C would not cool the room below 75° making the combination very uncomfortable sleeping conditions. When checking out we waited about 40 minutes for our car along with many other guests until I started looking around and to find the car sitting around the corner and had to hunt someone down for keys. Glad to be away from there and will probably never stay here again.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Skipper
"Good price for the location"
Everything was good, except the workout room's equipment was not functioning properly. Also the AC in that that room was not cooling enough, unless you were standing near it. Other than that, we had a great stay :)
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Lily
Nice staff, good breakfast, great location in Downtown Austin, although that also means parking problems or high cost for parking. Will be back.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Martin
We love this hotel - great location, great staff, and clean lovely rooms. The breakfast buffet, food and setting, are terrific. So nice to be downtown, with so many things to do and see..walking distance to the Capitol, shops, restaurants, River Walk...
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Judy
Nice, though slightly dated, rooms (old style carpeting) but very clean and comfortable. Very good location in Austin. Very good breakfast offerings as well.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Overpriced for the quality of hotel. Rooms were outdated and nothing felt clean. There was a spider on my pillow and all of the linens felt dingy. Staff was nice but I couldn't stay there a second night, switched hotels.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Great location, delicious complimentary breakfast!"
This hotel is situated in a great location at the core of downtown Austin - you will be able to easily walk to anything in the downtown area within a few minutes! The complimentary breakfast is by far one of the best I have ever had, and it made our stay that much more enjoyable. The breakfast included a selection of pre-made omelettes, roasted potatoes, sausage links, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels and muffins, waffles, juice, coffee and more! I was very impressed and the eating area was very comfortable and clean. Overall a great stay. Only giving 4 stars overall however due to the valet-only option for parking. Would have preferred a parking garage option to be able to come and go as we please without the hassle of valet.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Veronica
"Pleasantly surprised"
While traveling on business to Austin (first time), I sought a reasonably priced hotel with decent amenities and location. This hotel pleasantly surprised me as it was really first rate. There was construction on the street in front and I was concerned about noise, but they knocked off by 5pm and it was fine. The room was clean and comfortable (junior king suite). I was able to walk for errands, meetings and meals and there was a good choice of restaurants and bars nearby. I felt safe walking by myself (although I am a large male) and the neighborhood seemed fine. I will stay here again when business requires it. P.S. Valet parking is $28/day so be prepared. Plus, Texas and Austin stick you big time for 30% taxes and fees to supplement their revenue. But, the parking is outrageous everywhere in downtown Austin, so you just have to suck it up. Or walk.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Butch
"Convenient to anywhere"
Couples weekend away. Not Austin savvy, but pleasant helpful staff advised us.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Hotel has nice placement near 6th street"
Great hotel! The room gets pretty hot if you're facing the sun.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"very convenient downtown location"
this hotel walking distance to many restaurants and nightlife; close to University of Texas campus; and boasts one of the most comfortable hotel mattresses I've slept on, particularly for a midrange chain (xlnt pillows too, which is usually a weak spot in hotel rooms). we did not try the breakfast either day, since we had other plans.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Food Wine Dogs
"SXSW"
Went for SXSW, it was an excellent place to stay for the location and for the price. We had a short walk from the hotel to 6th street, with plenty of places to eat and really just enjoy downtown Austin. Thanks!!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
Eddie
"Hampton in Austin"
It was wonderful. Thanks so much(:
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Caitlin
"Great hotel."
The stay was great. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Bed was 4/5 otherwise a great hotel"
Bed was a little uncomfortable, but location was great.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"All about location"
Hotel is satisfactory. The price is a reflection on the location. Very centrally located to local spots 6th street etc. Complementary breakfast was great, wonderful assortment items.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Oliver
The hotel is nice enough and is well located. The breakfast was the standard free buffet and was okay. The wait to have your car brought around can be long so allow plenty of time.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015