All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here160 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, AB, T1W3E2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"This is the place to book!"
Best stay. Best price. So happy. Great suite. Had everything we needed and more.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"For $220 a night, ill give 2.5 of 5"
Room should be ready at 4pm but I had to wait till 5 to have the key (not good).bed was not comfort as they said, I couldn't sleep all night. elevator didn't work and .............
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Windtower Lodge and Suites"
The room was a little small but it was clean. The staff were very friendly and we got a great rate.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Tammy
"Terrible sound isolation."
Not offering hot water or coffee at lobby and terrible sound isolation. You can hear the TV , shower and toilet flush sounds from the rooms either above or next to yours
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
k
"Good sleep, weird hotel"
Kind of a weird place...the layout made it feel like it was an old-folks home converted to a hotel. It looks impressive from the outside, but inside it seems like they constructed the building to the absolute minimum standards. The neighborhood feels like an area of residential apartments, but it's all lodges. Front desk staff was soporific and a little sullen. My room was fairly tiny with a big bed stuffed in it which meant there was not much room to move around or put my bags. A collection of wires dangled from behind the flat-screen TV mounted up in the corner. The bed was huge and comfortable, but for some reason they've inserted a three inch thick layer of foam on top of the mattress, so you feel like you're sleeping on an enormous marshmallow. The breakfast was fairly decent and the girl with the tattoos who served as the host in the dining room was cheerful and pleasant, unlike her sisters at the front desk. You can either park for free on the front street (and you may have to walk a bit) or pay a few bucks for hotel parking. I got the place for a discounted rate of about $65, which made it a relatively good deal, but if you look on Hotels.com and see it for the same price as the Econo Lodge down the street, I'd probably opt for the Econo Lodge.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
"Loud traffic from HWY1, small room,limited parking"
LOUD: Hotel is next to HWY1 and loud traffic can be heard. DIRTY: We see some hairs on linens before we use. SMELL: Smell from restaurant comes to the room in the morning. SMALL: our room is small. $5 & LIMITED PARKING: We don't mind to pay $5 for a parking but spaces are small for fullsize cars and limited. GOOD Front Desk: Front desk service is nice. LOCATION: close to town and freeway. NOT RECOMMENDED: We won't stay at this place again.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
O
"Stay at Windtower, Canmore"
Very clean and modern hotel, centrally located in Canmore. This is just a short drive to Banff. Although the room was compact with no working desk, it was very comfortable and clean. There is a nice hot-tub jacuzzi. Very secure parking under ground and covered, with controlled parking. Excellent breakfast.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Randy
good hot tub. Clean room. Good parking. Poor breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Convenient to town and restaurants."
I probably will not use Expedia in the future. The last several times I booked with Expedia, the hotel gave me the absolute worst room they had. Tiny, next to a loud elevator, etc. I'm sure I got the crapy rooms because I paid a little less than the going rate. Not worth it!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
beds very comfortable...the best on trip. Room very small and noisy at night with traffic. Breakfast was ok the first day, but late and overdone the second. The surrounding neighborhood was new and beautiful.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Sweet upgrade"
They gave us A sweet upgrade to a spacious, comfortable suite. Since one of our afternoons in Canmore was rainy, having more room was very welcome. Good restaurant, plentiful breakfast included, good happy hour offerings. Good location.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Mick
"Acceptable but no star."
Hotel was acceptable but a wedding party kept us awake from 130-330am.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
M. S.
"Good hotel, some drawbacks"
Stayed for 4 nights while hiking around Banff. (Free) breakfast was great; rooms were OK, but those in the back are subject to loud noise from the road.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Allie
"GREAT STAY"
BEST HOTEL ON OUR TRIP. STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL. ONLY NEGATIVE WAS NO AIR CONDITIONING IN THE ROOM.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
NICK
"Not a real hotel for summer"
This is a ski condo which is repurposing empty units as "hotel" rooms. First: THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING in the rooms. It was August and the room was miserably stuffy and hot. Secondly: The rate was very pricey and not at all inline with what you get. Thirdly: There was no responsible management onsite to address issues of comfort. There was a clerk (young man) at the desk, but he could offer me no help except wait (4 days) when management returns. There was no attempt to accommodate the needs of a traveler. Fourth: The building is a relatively new construction (thin walls and poor quality) - the floors are noisy and the walls are thin. There was a infant crying in the next room and it was clearly audible. The worst part - my bedroom was next to the stairway and I could hear "Thump, thump, thump" every time someone used the stairs (all night long). Fifth: The young man at the front desk told me to open doors and windows to cool the room - however, the hotel is adjacent to the TransCanadian Highway 1 - so all night I heard cars, trucks and motorcycles. Also, I was uncomfortable opening the patio door on the ground level, but that was all I could do to get the room cooled. Sixth: The view out the window and patio was a wall 10 feet away. I would not recommend this "hotel", their rates are outrageous for the service delivered (I am a seasoned traveler). It does not offer the services that one would expect at a hotel.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Nice hotel close to National Park"
Nice room but very small. Close to everything. Great food in the restaurant.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Canmore windtower"
No AC. No swimming pool. rooms too small. Staff was rude. No water provided at breakfast. Just disappointing overall.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Misleading web site pictures"
I'd rate this better, but the pictures on the website are VERY misleading. We thought we were staying in a "high end place". The rooms are older, smaller and more austere than we were lead to believe on the website. And they had NO AIR CONDITIONING. The fact that they had a ceiling fan and a floor fan shows that they KNOW it needs AC, but they don't have it. We were there in July and it was very difficult to get the room cool enough to sleep. I would NOT stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2014
Everything was quite good except for 2 things: - the room was tiny - breakfast on June 30 was a horror show. No coffee. No cutlery. No food. I know you were busy for Canada Day; however, the staff were ill-prepared for it. Dinner and the other breakfast times were fine.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very welcoming stay."
We enjoyed our stay. Liked having the restaurant open. Small and quaint. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Dean
"Great vacation stay"
The staff was very helpful in recommending things to see and do in the area. Very helpful in maximizing our visit to the area!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Alice
"Great!"
Very enjoyable. Nice pet path. More like home than a hotel.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Hotel Maintenance"
The door (room 246) could not be dead bolted and the coffee maker did not work.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
This is a condominium and hotel. Price of room was excellent and room was very clean, but on the all side . Underground parking was great, though there is a mall fee. This hotel was in a residential neighborhood, which was nice. Breakfast came with the room and was fabulous!
Annie
"No AC and 8x10 room"
Great location, friendly staff awesome looking hotel but the room, small and no AC. We saw that it was a small room in previous reviews but didn't anticipate that it would be that small.
omar
"Great hotel and close to Banff"
Our destination was in Banff National Park but we loved lodging in Canmore. It was nice to get away from the crowds and their restaurants were terrific. Our favorite was the Grizzly Paw. Our room had a beautiful view of the mountains and the Hot Tub was the best place to be at the end of the day. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was the perfect size and the kitchen was supplied with all that we needed. We enjoyed their breakfast buffet each morning and left ready to hit the trails.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Room was very small, no desk or chair. Only place to sit was on the bed. One small fold out rack to place luggage on. Nice balcony - almost as large as the room.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Not worth the price... Or the attitude."
This hotel had a great location in Canmore and was beautifully decorated. The room was clean enough, but very small and rather hot even with fans running. Although they're probably not often necessary in Canmore, there was no air conditioning unit, and during our late June stay one would have been nice. If that were the only issue, I would have been happy to rate this hotel much higher, but our customer service experience was terrible. We experienced a bait-and-switch situation when we checked in. The front desk clerks (I spoke to more than one) rudely refused to honor or even read the pet policy printed on my hotels.com confirmation, and acted as though our traveling with pets was an unbelievable inconvenience for them. As we arrived late and had already pre-paid for the room, I was bullied into paying a higher fee than their policy stated for our two well-behaved dogs to share our tiny room. Our service at breakfast the next morning was similarly cold. My husband and I travel through western Canada twice a year as we migrate to and from Alaska for work, and we have never been treated so discourteously. As I informed the front desk employees, next time we stop in Canmore, we will be staying elsewhere.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Rachel
Small beds I am not a big person 5' 8" but the bed was not that long and no I didn't measure it. Pillows were rock hard and hard to sleep on without getting a sore neck. I used the comforter as a adequate pillow. Restaurant food was terrible> ribs were overcooked and there was no extra sauce on them. Night front desk clerk when I checked out could have been more helpful. Hall way was noisy until 22:45
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
My only complaint is that there was no a/c in our very small room.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Very nice"
Very positive, we paid for the cheapest room possible and ended up with a suite.Very fiendly service and excellent breakfast included.Would stay here again.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Will
Room was small, but had all the amenities that you need. Included in the price was a hot breakfast , which was very good.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"okay...."
Its good for one night... the only part I did not like that I had to pay for the parking..rest everything was good.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
akanksha
People were great. Nice place. "Standard" room was the smallest we have ever stayed in.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2013
Hotel was nice. Front desk people very friendly and helpful. Was a bit difficult to find the first time. Rooms were clean but ours was small.
3 night family trip Sep 20, 2013
"Nice hotel in a good location"
The breakfast was excellent. The equipment of the room was in top standard. We enjoyed our stay a lot!
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
Dana
"Nice place to saty near Banff"
Upgraded to a suite with nice space and room layout. Great value and option to stay near Banff. Hot breakfast better than expected.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Xinnie & Charles
"Big Bucks Paid for NO Air Conditioning!!"
Another Hotel this time in Canmore with No Air conditioning!! At least this time temps dropped to about 45 degrees overnight. Problem was I was on the 2nd floor and had to keep my window open from evening until Dawn!! I was close to the street so people could see me half naked (hot in the room), waltzing around the room!! The room was VERY small and did not even have a small refrigerator!! Overall, though the Hotel looked like it was recently refurbished and looked pretty good. First 2 floors are hotel, third and fourth stories were condos. It appeared some of adjoining hotels in the area were hybrids too. Staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable!! Front desk girl was very sharp and also very attractive!! Anyway, I was told most hotels in the are do not have air conditioning due to a colder climate (but it still gets HOT in the summer guys!!). There was insufficient parking with this hotel (they suggested parallel parking next to the hotel on the street). For only 5 bucks you could park downstairs in their underground parking (5 bucks wasn't bad but come on with what you pay for the place the parking should be FREE).
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
The location is beautiful. The staff friendly, the food is OK - nothing special. The down side to our holiday was our room; very dark and hot (even with fan running all the time and window wide open), noisy from the road and so small. We had to take it in turns to walk round the bed. We still enjoyed our vacation because we stayed out of our room as much as possible.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Decent for the value"
They offer a great rate so you can't go wrong. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a little awkwardly arranged and cramped, a night stand on both sides of the bed would've been nice, but there was only one. The patio was almost as large as the room itself which was nice, but would've been better to have more room space. The restaurant was nice with a great view and the complimentary breakfast buffet was good... can't argue with free bacon, lol. All in all, average room, but a little cramped. I couldn't find a better price anywhere for a clean safe place to sleep though so I'm happy.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
The room was small but very comfortable and clean. The service was good and the breakfast was better than we had expected.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Diane and Tom
"Worth the money"
Comfort stay for a night. Room is clean. Breakfast is basic but good enough if you are not too picky. Hotel location is a bit out of the way but with GPS you shouldn't have any problem to find it. Overall it's a good experience.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Awesome Place"
This place is more like an apt than a hotel room. The one bdrm has a full kitchen (flatware, cork screw, dishwasher...), washer n dryer, balcony etc.... The staff is very nice, and helpful. Breakfast was good. Changed out food when I told them it was cold, right away! Eggs were odd, but my husband liked them. I think small cheese omelets would work better, like we had at another resort. Location is easy to find. Views from balcony of Canadian Rockies, good enough! rather be out in them than looking off a balcony or out a window anyway! We decided we would definitely like to stay here again if we ever go to Banff National Park again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nestina
"One night stay"
This hotel room was unbelievably small. You could hardly get around the bed. Very claustrophobic Glad we only had one night here.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fine Hotel"
This hotel was fine to stay at. The front desk and service help was very accommodating. We did find the room to be a little noisy due to the highway and hearing people entering at a side door. We couldn't find an air conditioning dial so we opened our window a bit (with the screen in place) to get some cooler air in the room. The opened window was nice since we like the fresh mountain air, but that is when you hear the highway traffic a little (not terribly bad though). It came with a free breakfast which for the most part was good. There was a decent selection of food, but the eggs didn't taste like real eggs. Everything else seems just fine though. Parking is $10 a day, if you want to park in their underground parking. Otherwise, you must park along the street. Parking on the street isn't bad, if you can get a little close to the hotel. We chose to pay for parking since we got such a good price for the hotel through hotels.com web-site.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2013
Greta
"Nice and Clean but Need Transportation"
The hotel is a bit hidden off one of the main roads, but worth finding. We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and the room was clean and comfortable. There's no A/C but the staff brought in a portable unit that did an ok job of keeping the room cool. There's also no tub in the bathroom if you're hoping to soak your muscles after long days of activity. The grounds are neat and well manicured, but be aware that the facility shares space with condos and time-shares...which can be an issue if you have a noisy neighbor because the hotel staff cannot contact owners or visitors not affiliated with the hotel...even if they share a common wall. This became a problem for us at night, but I'm sure that was just "luck of the draw" on room location. Also don't plan on arriving early. When we arrived at the lodge at 3:30 we were told that we couldn't check in until 4 p.m. Yikes. The staff is friendly though...and try to accommodate requests. Note: Underground parking is an additional cost, otherwise you take your chances finding a top-side spot. There are 3 elevators which are most helpful in getting your stuff in and out. No pool. If you stay here, transportation is a "must." Downtown shopping, fuel and grocery/convenience stores are within a 10 minute drive. You can walk it...but I'd recommend driving and then walking once you're there. Banff is about 20 minutes away...Lake Louise around an hour. There's also a visitor center in Canmore which is worth a stop.
6 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
"OK Condo/Hotel"
The hotel was clean but a little outdated. Since there is no a/c in Canada and they were way warmer than normal, it was hot to sleep at night. We did crack the window but we were on the 1st floor and not in a good location to open all doors, etc. There was no view from our room but the bed and other amenities were fine.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Vicki
"Nice but hot"
No air conditioning and room wouldn't cool down even though outside was cool.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
The people at the hotel were just great. They were just great when ever we needed something. We were not disappointed at any of their services.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Wouldn't stay here again"
It's a bed for the night but not much more. Downsides were: no AC in rooms, rooms very small, no pool, breakfast not ready till 8:00 am so if you need to leave earlier you are out of luck, staff not very helpful.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013