All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad pool
"Great stay."
Our stay was for overnight as we were passing through to the coast. The hotel staff were very very friendly and most helpful as this was our first stopover in Canmore.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
"Skingle weekend"
Nice clean room. The food at the restaurant was not great, but the staff is friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Doug
"be prepared for a poor conditioned bed"
Everything was good except the bed was super Uncomfortable and could be improved by a lot.
1 night trip Nov 5, 2015
"Very good staff and restaurant"
We spent two nights at this hotel and it was acceptable. We have been on the road for 21 days and all Hotels are beginning to wear thin. The foam topper on the bed kept shifting in the night, but overall the hotel was ok. The staff was friendly. The best feature was the restaurant as the food was quite good and the staff were entertaining and helpful with ideas for our time in Canmore.
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Douglas
"Beaware of very small rooms."
We booked thinking that we would have a fairly large room as described by some of the pictures but upon arrival we received a standard room that is very small. It barely had room to put down your luggage. The entire room was taken up by a queen size bed and one chair in the corner. Be careful when reviewing the discounted prices from Hotel.com as to the type of room you will receive. This room was no discount.
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Elaine
Nice large & private room------everything we needed! Staff was very cordial!!! Breakfast was excellent!!
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
Wayne D.
Overall, the hotel is worn out and everything is old. No A/C if it is hot and humid out we encountered. Staff are not very warm and helpful.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Nice hotel at season"
Standard room was so small compare with other lodge. Might be it was well known and has many rooms, but Suite would be ok, but standard room was disappointed.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
chacha
"Underwhelmed"
The toilet made odd noises pretty much all night. The bed was the worst part. Upon arrival, it looked like a king bed but turned out to be 2 twin mattresses on a king box spring covered by an ill-fitting Costco level memory foam. Super uncomfortable. At these prices, I was expecting a lot more
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Parking is not free(gimick)"
Over all hotel is nice, breakfast is very basic and things got removed from breakfast item on week days. Parking free is on street if you find one underground parking is charged. Good part: Room was nice and good size, well equiped full kitchen, washer dryer, dish washer refrigerator and microwave. Location of hotel is fine too.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Kunal
"Hot and cramped room but serviceable for a layover"
We happened to stay here on a warm night and our room did not have AC. Thankfully there was a fan in the closet and that kept us feeling OK. The bed was not that comfortable--there was a foam topper that made us feel even more warm. Our room had a mountain view--if you could get past the parking lot in the foreground. Overall it was a very serviceable place to stay for one night between Jasper and Calgary. The morning breakfast was excellent.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"I will not book this hotel again or even recommend"
Bed is in poor condtion, sofas are dirty , smelly and torn. Dryer is not working properly, it took me 3 hours to dry my clothes.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Hard to understand desk clerk broken English. Room was cramped and fan very noisy. No a/c only window and noisy ceiling fan
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Ky bob
"Good location - what I wish I had known"
Location is great - away from the craziness of Banff but close. We booked the small room but there were 3 of us and would never have fit so we upgraded to the suite. The suite is great - the washer and dryer were worth the extra $$. The kitchen was adequate, not lots of dishes or pans, but we didn't really use it. The view on the mountain side is wonderful! The breakfast was the best of anywhere we stayed - bacon, eggs, fruit, pancakes,..etc. What I wish I had known.....there is no air conditioning. Usually it's probably OK, but in July, Aug. it does get pretty hot. There is a fan in the bedroom which helps, but there is also a memory foam on the bed which holds heat and if you are a hot sleeper it is pretty uncomfortable. My husband slept with barely a sheet on. All the hotels we stayed in had only one giant comforter on the bed. I realize it's cold there most of the time, but couldn't they provide a regular blanket! The hide-a bed couch in the living room is OK - but it's a hide-a-bed.....and there is only one bathroom off the bedroom, so anyone staying in the living room has to come through the bedroom to get to it. The staff was very nice, however, on checking out we were charged for an extra night's upgrade and didn't realize until we were away. There is also a charge for parking. Overall, it's a nice place, large enough for maybe 4 people. If you only have 2 and are not staying long the small room would work fine and is a good price.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Fluter
"Hotel is close to center of town."
The hotel is underrated in the reviews. The staff are just super in every -- very friendly and welcoming. We wanted just soup and the regular server said it will take about 30 minutes as there were 6 tables ahead of us and have to wait in line. One staff heard our conversation with the server and our need for take out soup and she said she can have our order ready in five minutes and we got our order that fast.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Gus
"Wonderful place lovely location excellent staff"
Excellent,excellent,excellent. This place was first rate ,front desk lady was superb.I read the reviews before I came I was scared how will it be. I think all the reviewer were wrong. They were very sweet & courteous people . I will stay again if I am in Canmore area.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Manju
"Canadian Rockies Trip"
We spent 3 nights at this property. It was in a good location and wonderful views of the mountains. My only complaint was concerning the "thin" walls / ceiling. We had to knock on the ceiling several times to quiet down the family above us. Overall, wonderful experience and I would return.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Donald
"Expedia did not market true room details."
The room marketed is a second bedroom off a suite. The room had no A/C, the toilet did not flush, minimal lighting and too small to bring luggage in. We checked out within an hour of checking in. The Ramada Inn down the road is more adequate for travelers from the States.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Kris
"This is the place to book!"
Best stay. Best price. So happy. Great suite. Had everything we needed and more.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"For $220 a night, ill give 2.5 of 5"
Room should be ready at 4pm but I had to wait till 5 to have the key (not good).bed was not comfort as they said, I couldn't sleep all night. elevator didn't work and .............
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Windtower Lodge and Suites"
The room was a little small but it was clean. The staff were very friendly and we got a great rate.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Tammy
"Terrible sound isolation."
Not offering hot water or coffee at lobby and terrible sound isolation. You can hear the TV , shower and toilet flush sounds from the rooms either above or next to yours
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
k
"Good sleep, weird hotel"
Kind of a weird place...the layout made it feel like it was an old-folks home converted to a hotel. It looks impressive from the outside, but inside it seems like they constructed the building to the absolute minimum standards. The neighborhood feels like an area of residential apartments, but it's all lodges. Front desk staff was soporific and a little sullen. My room was fairly tiny with a big bed stuffed in it which meant there was not much room to move around or put my bags. A collection of wires dangled from behind the flat-screen TV mounted up in the corner. The bed was huge and comfortable, but for some reason they've inserted a three inch thick layer of foam on top of the mattress, so you feel like you're sleeping on an enormous marshmallow. The breakfast was fairly decent and the girl with the tattoos who served as the host in the dining room was cheerful and pleasant, unlike her sisters at the front desk. You can either park for free on the front street (and you may have to walk a bit) or pay a few bucks for hotel parking. I got the place for a discounted rate of about $65, which made it a relatively good deal, but if you look on Hotels.com and see it for the same price as the Econo Lodge down the street, I'd probably opt for the Econo Lodge.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
"Loud traffic from HWY1, small room,limited parking"
LOUD: Hotel is next to HWY1 and loud traffic can be heard. DIRTY: We see some hairs on linens before we use. SMELL: Smell from restaurant comes to the room in the morning. SMALL: our room is small. $5 & LIMITED PARKING: We don't mind to pay $5 for a parking but spaces are small for fullsize cars and limited. GOOD Front Desk: Front desk service is nice. LOCATION: close to town and freeway. NOT RECOMMENDED: We won't stay at this place again.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
O
"Stay at Windtower, Canmore"
Very clean and modern hotel, centrally located in Canmore. This is just a short drive to Banff. Although the room was compact with no working desk, it was very comfortable and clean. There is a nice hot-tub jacuzzi. Very secure parking under ground and covered, with controlled parking. Excellent breakfast.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Randy
good hot tub. Clean room. Good parking. Poor breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Convenient to town and restaurants."
I probably will not use Expedia in the future. The last several times I booked with Expedia, the hotel gave me the absolute worst room they had. Tiny, next to a loud elevator, etc. I'm sure I got the crapy rooms because I paid a little less than the going rate. Not worth it!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
beds very comfortable...the best on trip. Room very small and noisy at night with traffic. Breakfast was ok the first day, but late and overdone the second. The surrounding neighborhood was new and beautiful.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Sweet upgrade"
They gave us A sweet upgrade to a spacious, comfortable suite. Since one of our afternoons in Canmore was rainy, having more room was very welcome. Good restaurant, plentiful breakfast included, good happy hour offerings. Good location.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Mick
"Acceptable but no star."
Hotel was acceptable but a wedding party kept us awake from 130-330am.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
M. S.
"Good hotel, some drawbacks"
Stayed for 4 nights while hiking around Banff. (Free) breakfast was great; rooms were OK, but those in the back are subject to loud noise from the road.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Allie
"GREAT STAY"
BEST HOTEL ON OUR TRIP. STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL. ONLY NEGATIVE WAS NO AIR CONDITIONING IN THE ROOM.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
NICK
"Not a real hotel for summer"
This is a ski condo which is repurposing empty units as "hotel" rooms. First: THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING in the rooms. It was August and the room was miserably stuffy and hot. Secondly: The rate was very pricey and not at all inline with what you get. Thirdly: There was no responsible management onsite to address issues of comfort. There was a clerk (young man) at the desk, but he could offer me no help except wait (4 days) when management returns. There was no attempt to accommodate the needs of a traveler. Fourth: The building is a relatively new construction (thin walls and poor quality) - the floors are noisy and the walls are thin. There was a infant crying in the next room and it was clearly audible. The worst part - my bedroom was next to the stairway and I could hear "Thump, thump, thump" every time someone used the stairs (all night long). Fifth: The young man at the front desk told me to open doors and windows to cool the room - however, the hotel is adjacent to the TransCanadian Highway 1 - so all night I heard cars, trucks and motorcycles. Also, I was uncomfortable opening the patio door on the ground level, but that was all I could do to get the room cooled. Sixth: The view out the window and patio was a wall 10 feet away. I would not recommend this "hotel", their rates are outrageous for the service delivered (I am a seasoned traveler). It does not offer the services that one would expect at a hotel.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Nice hotel close to National Park"
Nice room but very small. Close to everything. Great food in the restaurant.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Canmore windtower"
No AC. No swimming pool. rooms too small. Staff was rude. No water provided at breakfast. Just disappointing overall.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Bed bug bites covered both people's ankles"
Room extremely small, no air conditioning and ankles had bed bug bites when we got up the next morning.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Misleading web site pictures"
I'd rate this better, but the pictures on the website are VERY misleading. We thought we were staying in a "high end place". The rooms are older, smaller and more austere than we were lead to believe on the website. And they had NO AIR CONDITIONING. The fact that they had a ceiling fan and a floor fan shows that they KNOW it needs AC, but they don't have it. We were there in July and it was very difficult to get the room cool enough to sleep. I would NOT stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2014
"Would never stay there again."
Both of us were bitten all over our legs by bed bugs. Extremely tiny room, wi-fi never worked, vending machines broken staff less than helpful. Very disappointed and would never stay there again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Everything was quite good except for 2 things: - the room was tiny - breakfast on June 30 was a horror show. No coffee. No cutlery. No food. I know you were busy for Canada Day; however, the staff were ill-prepared for it. Dinner and the other breakfast times were fine.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very welcoming stay."
We enjoyed our stay. Liked having the restaurant open. Small and quaint. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Dean
"Great vacation stay"
The staff was very helpful in recommending things to see and do in the area. Very helpful in maximizing our visit to the area!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Alice
"Great!"
Very enjoyable. Nice pet path. More like home than a hotel.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Hotel Maintenance"
The door (room 246) could not be dead bolted and the coffee maker did not work.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
This is a condominium and hotel. Price of room was excellent and room was very clean, but on the all side . Underground parking was great, though there is a mall fee. This hotel was in a residential neighborhood, which was nice. Breakfast came with the room and was fabulous!
Annie
"No AC and 8x10 room"
Great location, friendly staff awesome looking hotel but the room, small and no AC. We saw that it was a small room in previous reviews but didn't anticipate that it would be that small.
omar
"Great hotel and close to Banff"
Our destination was in Banff National Park but we loved lodging in Canmore. It was nice to get away from the crowds and their restaurants were terrific. Our favorite was the Grizzly Paw. Our room had a beautiful view of the mountains and the Hot Tub was the best place to be at the end of the day. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was the perfect size and the kitchen was supplied with all that we needed. We enjoyed their breakfast buffet each morning and left ready to hit the trails.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Room was very small, no desk or chair. Only place to sit was on the bed. One small fold out rack to place luggage on. Nice balcony - almost as large as the room.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Not worth the price... Or the attitude."
This hotel had a great location in Canmore and was beautifully decorated. The room was clean enough, but very small and rather hot even with fans running. Although they're probably not often necessary in Canmore, there was no air conditioning unit, and during our late June stay one would have been nice. If that were the only issue, I would have been happy to rate this hotel much higher, but our customer service experience was terrible. We experienced a bait-and-switch situation when we checked in. The front desk clerks (I spoke to more than one) rudely refused to honor or even read the pet policy printed on my hotels.com confirmation, and acted as though our traveling with pets was an unbelievable inconvenience for them. As we arrived late and had already pre-paid for the room, I was bullied into paying a higher fee than their policy stated for our two well-behaved dogs to share our tiny room. Our service at breakfast the next morning was similarly cold. My husband and I travel through western Canada twice a year as we migrate to and from Alaska for work, and we have never been treated so discourteously. As I informed the front desk employees, next time we stop in Canmore, we will be staying elsewhere.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Rachel
Small beds I am not a big person 5' 8" but the bed was not that long and no I didn't measure it. Pillows were rock hard and hard to sleep on without getting a sore neck. I used the comforter as a adequate pillow. Restaurant food was terrible> ribs were overcooked and there was no extra sauce on them. Night front desk clerk when I checked out could have been more helpful. Hall way was noisy until 22:45
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
My only complaint is that there was no a/c in our very small room.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014