All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada

• Value for money
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad pool
Small beds I am not a big person 5' 8" but the bed was not that long and no I didn't measure it. Pillows were rock hard and hard to sleep on without getting a sore neck. I used the comforter as a adequate pillow. Restaurant food was terrible> ribs were overcooked and there was no extra sauce on them. Night front desk clerk when I checked out could have been more helpful. Hall way was noisy until 22:45
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
My only complaint is that there was no a/c in our very small room.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Very nice"
Very positive, we paid for the cheapest room possible and ended up with a suite.Very fiendly service and excellent breakfast included.Would stay here again.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Will
Room was small, but had all the amenities that you need. Included in the price was a hot breakfast , which was very good.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"okay...."
Its good for one night... the only part I did not like that I had to pay for the parking..rest everything was good.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
akanksha
People were great. Nice place. "Standard" room was the smallest we have ever stayed in.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2013
Hotel was nice. Front desk people very friendly and helpful. Was a bit difficult to find the first time. Rooms were clean but ours was small.
3 night family trip Sep 20, 2013
"Nice hotel in a good location"
The breakfast was excellent. The equipment of the room was in top standard. We enjoyed our stay a lot!
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
Dana
"Nice place to saty near Banff"
Upgraded to a suite with nice space and room layout. Great value and option to stay near Banff. Hot breakfast better than expected.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Xinnie & Charles
"Big Bucks Paid for NO Air Conditioning!!"
Another Hotel this time in Canmore with No Air conditioning!! At least this time temps dropped to about 45 degrees overnight. Problem was I was on the 2nd floor and had to keep my window open from evening until Dawn!! I was close to the street so people could see me half naked (hot in the room), waltzing around the room!! The room was VERY small and did not even have a small refrigerator!! Overall, though the Hotel looked like it was recently refurbished and looked pretty good. First 2 floors are hotel, third and fourth stories were condos. It appeared some of adjoining hotels in the area were hybrids too. Staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable!! Front desk girl was very sharp and also very attractive!! Anyway, I was told most hotels in the are do not have air conditioning due to a colder climate (but it still gets HOT in the summer guys!!). There was insufficient parking with this hotel (they suggested parallel parking next to the hotel on the street). For only 5 bucks you could park downstairs in their underground parking (5 bucks wasn't bad but come on with what you pay for the place the parking should be FREE).
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
The location is beautiful. The staff friendly, the food is OK - nothing special. The down side to our holiday was our room; very dark and hot (even with fan running all the time and window wide open), noisy from the road and so small. We had to take it in turns to walk round the bed. We still enjoyed our vacation because we stayed out of our room as much as possible.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Decent for the value"
They offer a great rate so you can't go wrong. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a little awkwardly arranged and cramped, a night stand on both sides of the bed would've been nice, but there was only one. The patio was almost as large as the room itself which was nice, but would've been better to have more room space. The restaurant was nice with a great view and the complimentary breakfast buffet was good... can't argue with free bacon, lol. All in all, average room, but a little cramped. I couldn't find a better price anywhere for a clean safe place to sleep though so I'm happy.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
The room was small but very comfortable and clean. The service was good and the breakfast was better than we had expected.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Diane and Tom
"Worth the money"
Comfort stay for a night. Room is clean. Breakfast is basic but good enough if you are not too picky. Hotel location is a bit out of the way but with GPS you shouldn't have any problem to find it. Overall it's a good experience.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Awesome Place"
This place is more like an apt than a hotel room. The one bdrm has a full kitchen (flatware, cork screw, dishwasher...), washer n dryer, balcony etc.... The staff is very nice, and helpful. Breakfast was good. Changed out food when I told them it was cold, right away! Eggs were odd, but my husband liked them. I think small cheese omelets would work better, like we had at another resort. Location is easy to find. Views from balcony of Canadian Rockies, good enough! rather be out in them than looking off a balcony or out a window anyway! We decided we would definitely like to stay here again if we ever go to Banff National Park again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nestina
"One night stay"
This hotel room was unbelievably small. You could hardly get around the bed. Very claustrophobic Glad we only had one night here.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fine Hotel"
This hotel was fine to stay at. The front desk and service help was very accommodating. We did find the room to be a little noisy due to the highway and hearing people entering at a side door. We couldn't find an air conditioning dial so we opened our window a bit (with the screen in place) to get some cooler air in the room. The opened window was nice since we like the fresh mountain air, but that is when you hear the highway traffic a little (not terribly bad though). It came with a free breakfast which for the most part was good. There was a decent selection of food, but the eggs didn't taste like real eggs. Everything else seems just fine though. Parking is $10 a day, if you want to park in their underground parking. Otherwise, you must park along the street. Parking on the street isn't bad, if you can get a little close to the hotel. We chose to pay for parking since we got such a good price for the hotel through hotels.com web-site.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2013
Greta
"Nice and Clean but Need Transportation"
The hotel is a bit hidden off one of the main roads, but worth finding. We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and the room was clean and comfortable. There's no A/C but the staff brought in a portable unit that did an ok job of keeping the room cool. There's also no tub in the bathroom if you're hoping to soak your muscles after long days of activity. The grounds are neat and well manicured, but be aware that the facility shares space with condos and time-shares...which can be an issue if you have a noisy neighbor because the hotel staff cannot contact owners or visitors not affiliated with the hotel...even if they share a common wall. This became a problem for us at night, but I'm sure that was just "luck of the draw" on room location. Also don't plan on arriving early. When we arrived at the lodge at 3:30 we were told that we couldn't check in until 4 p.m. Yikes. The staff is friendly though...and try to accommodate requests. Note: Underground parking is an additional cost, otherwise you take your chances finding a top-side spot. There are 3 elevators which are most helpful in getting your stuff in and out. No pool. If you stay here, transportation is a "must." Downtown shopping, fuel and grocery/convenience stores are within a 10 minute drive. You can walk it...but I'd recommend driving and then walking once you're there. Banff is about 20 minutes away...Lake Louise around an hour. There's also a visitor center in Canmore which is worth a stop.
6 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
"OK Condo/Hotel"
The hotel was clean but a little outdated. Since there is no a/c in Canada and they were way warmer than normal, it was hot to sleep at night. We did crack the window but we were on the 1st floor and not in a good location to open all doors, etc. There was no view from our room but the bed and other amenities were fine.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Vicki
"Nice but hot"
No air conditioning and room wouldn't cool down even though outside was cool.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
The people at the hotel were just great. They were just great when ever we needed something. We were not disappointed at any of their services.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Wouldn't stay here again"
It's a bed for the night but not much more. Downsides were: no AC in rooms, rooms very small, no pool, breakfast not ready till 8:00 am so if you need to leave earlier you are out of luck, staff not very helpful.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Me
"Convenient to shops, restaurants and hiking"
Very nice accommodations but breakfast hours were too late--8:00 a.m. is too late to get a good start on the day
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2013
"A super nice visit"
This hotel is relatively new, extremely clean with super helpful staff. The rooms are small and do not have air conditioning, but for an overnight or a base camp from which to see the area it certainly does the trick. Free parking could be an issue as the hotel is in a semi-residential area, but we had no problem. For a $10 fee there is underground parking, but don't know how many spaces are available. We considered it a minor issue. There is a restaurant on site and the food was excellent.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Nancy and Pat
"Stay at canmore"
Not enough free parking space. You can pay extra amount for underground parking. Not so good free continental style breakfast options. Keurig style coffee machine in the busy morning was not so good but they changed to coffee pot later. Now pic problem was they actually charged extra $100 for incidentals. It is supposed to have it pending status and cancel at the check out time. But found it charged after come home. Called the hotel. Instead of immediate cancellation of this charge, they said I must call their account manager which is just voice mail. I am concerned of this kind of practice. I must call again. I do not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Wanderful hotel"
These guys do all they can to make the hotel more attractive to the patrons. I really enjoyed staying in this hotel
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
The Canadian Rockies were wonderful, so the location was fine. However, the complimentary services were sub-par and the housekeeping services were minimal. Plus, the room available for this rate were VERY small compared to other places we've stayed. Their response to the flood situation experienced the week before, and the lack of clean water as a result, was quite good, however. It was a difficult situation.
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Our stay was great except for the power going out in the morning. Other than that I would recommend staying here.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Good hotel if it is not a hot day"
I stay there one night in July 2013. Fortunately, it was not a very warm day. This hotel have no air conditioning in room. They do have air conditioning in lobby and hall way. We have to open window and door to cool down room's temperature. Except this, this is overall a good hotel. Staff in front desk is very friendly and helpful. Guest get free WI-FI access. I am surprised they provide free breakfast. It is not simple continental breakfast, it includes hot bacon, sausages, egg, etc. I will recommend this hotel to my friend.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
zs
"Nice hotel especially at the Expedia price"
Stayed two nights to visit the parks. It unusually warm in the mid 90's. No air in the room. The staff was great and the bed nice but soft.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"close to Banff nice town"
I was just at the Windtower last week during the flooding. The hotel was very nice to us gave us at least updates daily. When we were able to leave late Saturday they did not charge us to stay the day. We had breakfast every day. I can not say enough about how good it was to stay here under the state of emergency. The condo we staying in was very nice and comfortable and we were happy to be here than a hotel room. We stayed here to have the nice condo and view. The town of Canmore is very nice and under normal conditions there are things to do in town. If we had to be stranded somewhere this was a good place to do that. I would definitely return to the Windtower if ever in the area in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Angel
"Nice older hotel"
The staff was great. My wife hurt her arm and they responded immediately with a first aid kit. The free breakfasts were excellent, on a par with the best Marriott's. The queen rooms, however, are very small. I would recommend getting a suite for $50 more. The suite we were in was very large with a full kitchen. Be aware - the rooms are not air conditioned, but do have overhead fans. This was not a problem for us in May, but could be a problem in the summer if it's hot.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Ron

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Paid for a room with mountain view, but no mountain view at all from the suite. Disappointing
Business trip Apr 17, 2016
Guylaine
"pleasant stay."
We stayed the first time in a small room,but still nice with balcony. The beds where not confortable, too soft. We had booked for the return date,and got a up great. Bigger room with kitchen. Breakfast included very good. Will go back next time.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
Elisabeth
"Weekday free upgrade was bonus!"
We received a free upgrade to a beautiful suite. We will be back for that reason alone. Staff was amazing. Just wish it was closer to restraints and stores that we are use to in Canmore
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2016
"amazing hotel and accommodation and staff"
It was my first time staying at the wind tower lodge and I can't wait to go back again! The room was great and so was the stuff and management. The complimentary breakfast buffet was amazing as well and I highly recommend staying there. It was very affordable and nice.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2016
Madison
"Good hotel"
Great hotel for a good price. Great service and awesome hot breakfast. The only downside was a leftover used soap bar in our shower...
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2016
Ida
"Claustrophobic"
Well if your claustrophobic do not stay here. We had to shuffle sideways while in the hallway. No A/C a dusty old fan was provided. Parking was extra unless you parked on a busy street.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
Derek
"2 tries was enough."
I wouldn't recommend staying here. I thought I would give it a second chance but it still disappointed me. I was fooled by the pics and the outdoor look of it. The room is super tiny, no fridge, WiFi isn't great, thin walls (heard our neighbour's entire convo). And beds sink towards the middle. However, the breakfast is delicious.
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2016
"Ice bucket is hidden under the bathroom sink"
The Standard room is very small, but has everything you need and at a great price. Breakfast was included and was simply incredible! On our second-last day, they only did a symbolic room cleaning. But the hotel itself is extremely clean, well cared for, and with very diligent staff.
3 night romance trip Mar 24, 2016
Alla
"Getaway"
We have stayed in the hotel numerous time. The hotel is good value for what you paid for. Free breakfast is always good. $ 10.00 for parking is little high.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Rodrigo
"Hotel room small"
We were originally booked into a room that was the size of a closet. The room was hot and stuffy, management did upgrade us after one night to a larger room. The first room was not clean, dust in walls, baseboards dirty. Second room was better. The breakfast was very convenient in morning before going skiing.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
Sherri
"Enjoyed the stay"
Room was a bit small but it was clean and the staff helped us out to find some nice places to go eat /drink nearby. Also liked there complimentary breakfast
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
"Not bad hotel but no sound insulation."
OK hotel. It has no sound insulation between rooms, we could hear everything from other rooms and the hall. Our room was very small and had no fridge nor microwave. Even having a meal was uncomfortable for 2 people. Everything else was great! Buffet breakfast was amazing! Hard to find one of them anywhere else. We might stay there again depending on room rate.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2016
Lev
"Great beds and gem of a town."
Had a one night stop and enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was really good. The price of hotel with breakfast was a fantastic value! Parking on the street was a little annoying but worked out fine. We slept well in the quiet room with wonderful beds and bedding. The room was old and updated, but could have used more attention to detail for cleaning and paint, etc. but I wouldn't complain for the price. I've been in Canmore before for hiking/fishing/camping, but his time we took more time to enjoy the cute shops and food. A great little gem of a place!
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2016
Dorothy
The breakfast was great. Good service for the price
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
"Superb hotel at superb price - difficult to fault"
Great stopover hotel after landing at Calgary; high standard of accommodation for the price;good continental breakfast included (with option of cooked at extra cost); nice bar (serving good food) in hotel; extra charge for parking - but free on roadside outside hotel; only slight minus point is out of the way location at edge of town.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2016
Alan
"Great value for Canmore"
Was upgraded for free to a suite and would now book one in the future. The patio, mountain view & fireplace in the living room was a nice way to enjoy Canmore. Room was simple but clean with everything you need in the kitchen, including a keurig with coffee pods. Free breakfast was a plus to get out day going faster.
1 night romance trip Feb 11, 2016
Lindsey
"Not impressed"
Interenet was down all through the stay. When went to shower was very little soap left. And the fact they charge you $47 dollar for breakfast upgrade is really ridiculous
1 night trip Feb 7, 2016
Varun
"Cold room, great service"
Our room was extremely cold, but they sent a heater up right away. Thanks for the great service!
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2016