All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada
160 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, AB, T1W3E2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice"
Very positive, we paid for the cheapest room possible and ended up with a suite.Very fiendly service and excellent breakfast included.Would stay here again.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Will
Room was small, but had all the amenities that you need. Included in the price was a hot breakfast , which was very good.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"okay...."
Its good for one night... the only part I did not like that I had to pay for the parking..rest everything was good.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
akanksha
People were great. Nice place. "Standard" room was the smallest we have ever stayed in.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2013
Hotel was nice. Front desk people very friendly and helpful. Was a bit difficult to find the first time. Rooms were clean but ours was small.
3 night family trip Sep 20, 2013
"Nice hotel in a good location"
The breakfast was excellent. The equipment of the room was in top standard. We enjoyed our stay a lot!
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
Dana
"Nice place to saty near Banff"
Upgraded to a suite with nice space and room layout. Great value and option to stay near Banff. Hot breakfast better than expected.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Xinnie & Charles
"Big Bucks Paid for NO Air Conditioning!!"
Another Hotel this time in Canmore with No Air conditioning!! At least this time temps dropped to about 45 degrees overnight. Problem was I was on the 2nd floor and had to keep my window open from evening until Dawn!! I was close to the street so people could see me half naked (hot in the room), waltzing around the room!! The room was VERY small and did not even have a small refrigerator!! Overall, though the Hotel looked like it was recently refurbished and looked pretty good. First 2 floors are hotel, third and fourth stories were condos. It appeared some of adjoining hotels in the area were hybrids too. Staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable!! Front desk girl was very sharp and also very attractive!! Anyway, I was told most hotels in the are do not have air conditioning due to a colder climate (but it still gets HOT in the summer guys!!). There was insufficient parking with this hotel (they suggested parallel parking next to the hotel on the street). For only 5 bucks you could park downstairs in their underground parking (5 bucks wasn't bad but come on with what you pay for the place the parking should be FREE).
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
The location is beautiful. The staff friendly, the food is OK - nothing special. The down side to our holiday was our room; very dark and hot (even with fan running all the time and window wide open), noisy from the road and so small. We had to take it in turns to walk round the bed. We still enjoyed our vacation because we stayed out of our room as much as possible.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Decent for the value"
They offer a great rate so you can't go wrong. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a little awkwardly arranged and cramped, a night stand on both sides of the bed would've been nice, but there was only one. The patio was almost as large as the room itself which was nice, but would've been better to have more room space. The restaurant was nice with a great view and the complimentary breakfast buffet was good... can't argue with free bacon, lol. All in all, average room, but a little cramped. I couldn't find a better price anywhere for a clean safe place to sleep though so I'm happy.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
The room was small but very comfortable and clean. The service was good and the breakfast was better than we had expected.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Diane and Tom
"Worth the money"
Comfort stay for a night. Room is clean. Breakfast is basic but good enough if you are not too picky. Hotel location is a bit out of the way but with GPS you shouldn't have any problem to find it. Overall it's a good experience.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Awesome Place"
This place is more like an apt than a hotel room. The one bdrm has a full kitchen (flatware, cork screw, dishwasher...), washer n dryer, balcony etc.... The staff is very nice, and helpful. Breakfast was good. Changed out food when I told them it was cold, right away! Eggs were odd, but my husband liked them. I think small cheese omelets would work better, like we had at another resort. Location is easy to find. Views from balcony of Canadian Rockies, good enough! rather be out in them than looking off a balcony or out a window anyway! We decided we would definitely like to stay here again if we ever go to Banff National Park again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nestina
"One night stay"
This hotel room was unbelievably small. You could hardly get around the bed. Very claustrophobic Glad we only had one night here.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fine Hotel"
This hotel was fine to stay at. The front desk and service help was very accommodating. We did find the room to be a little noisy due to the highway and hearing people entering at a side door. We couldn't find an air conditioning dial so we opened our window a bit (with the screen in place) to get some cooler air in the room. The opened window was nice since we like the fresh mountain air, but that is when you hear the highway traffic a little (not terribly bad though). It came with a free breakfast which for the most part was good. There was a decent selection of food, but the eggs didn't taste like real eggs. Everything else seems just fine though. Parking is $10 a day, if you want to park in their underground parking. Otherwise, you must park along the street. Parking on the street isn't bad, if you can get a little close to the hotel. We chose to pay for parking since we got such a good price for the hotel through hotels.com web-site.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2013
Greta
"Nice and Clean but Need Transportation"
The hotel is a bit hidden off one of the main roads, but worth finding. We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and the room was clean and comfortable. There's no A/C but the staff brought in a portable unit that did an ok job of keeping the room cool. There's also no tub in the bathroom if you're hoping to soak your muscles after long days of activity. The grounds are neat and well manicured, but be aware that the facility shares space with condos and time-shares...which can be an issue if you have a noisy neighbor because the hotel staff cannot contact owners or visitors not affiliated with the hotel...even if they share a common wall. This became a problem for us at night, but I'm sure that was just "luck of the draw" on room location. Also don't plan on arriving early. When we arrived at the lodge at 3:30 we were told that we couldn't check in until 4 p.m. Yikes. The staff is friendly though...and try to accommodate requests. Note: Underground parking is an additional cost, otherwise you take your chances finding a top-side spot. There are 3 elevators which are most helpful in getting your stuff in and out. No pool. If you stay here, transportation is a "must." Downtown shopping, fuel and grocery/convenience stores are within a 10 minute drive. You can walk it...but I'd recommend driving and then walking once you're there. Banff is about 20 minutes away...Lake Louise around an hour. There's also a visitor center in Canmore which is worth a stop.
6 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
"OK Condo/Hotel"
The hotel was clean but a little outdated. Since there is no a/c in Canada and they were way warmer than normal, it was hot to sleep at night. We did crack the window but we were on the 1st floor and not in a good location to open all doors, etc. There was no view from our room but the bed and other amenities were fine.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Vicki
"Nice but hot"
No air conditioning and room wouldn't cool down even though outside was cool.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
The people at the hotel were just great. They were just great when ever we needed something. We were not disappointed at any of their services.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Wouldn't stay here again"
It's a bed for the night but not much more. Downsides were: no AC in rooms, rooms very small, no pool, breakfast not ready till 8:00 am so if you need to leave earlier you are out of luck, staff not very helpful.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Me
"Convenient to shops, restaurants and hiking"
Very nice accommodations but breakfast hours were too late--8:00 a.m. is too late to get a good start on the day
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2013
"A super nice visit"
This hotel is relatively new, extremely clean with super helpful staff. The rooms are small and do not have air conditioning, but for an overnight or a base camp from which to see the area it certainly does the trick. Free parking could be an issue as the hotel is in a semi-residential area, but we had no problem. For a $10 fee there is underground parking, but don't know how many spaces are available. We considered it a minor issue. There is a restaurant on site and the food was excellent.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Nancy and Pat
"Stay at canmore"
Not enough free parking space. You can pay extra amount for underground parking. Not so good free continental style breakfast options. Keurig style coffee machine in the busy morning was not so good but they changed to coffee pot later. Now pic problem was they actually charged extra $100 for incidentals. It is supposed to have it pending status and cancel at the check out time. But found it charged after come home. Called the hotel. Instead of immediate cancellation of this charge, they said I must call their account manager which is just voice mail. I am concerned of this kind of practice. I must call again. I do not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Wanderful hotel"
These guys do all they can to make the hotel more attractive to the patrons. I really enjoyed staying in this hotel
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
The Canadian Rockies were wonderful, so the location was fine. However, the complimentary services were sub-par and the housekeeping services were minimal. Plus, the room available for this rate were VERY small compared to other places we've stayed. Their response to the flood situation experienced the week before, and the lack of clean water as a result, was quite good, however. It was a difficult situation.
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Our stay was great except for the power going out in the morning. Other than that I would recommend staying here.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Good hotel if it is not a hot day"
I stay there one night in July 2013. Fortunately, it was not a very warm day. This hotel have no air conditioning in room. They do have air conditioning in lobby and hall way. We have to open window and door to cool down room's temperature. Except this, this is overall a good hotel. Staff in front desk is very friendly and helpful. Guest get free WI-FI access. I am surprised they provide free breakfast. It is not simple continental breakfast, it includes hot bacon, sausages, egg, etc. I will recommend this hotel to my friend.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
zs
"Nice hotel especially at the Expedia price"
Stayed two nights to visit the parks. It unusually warm in the mid 90's. No air in the room. The staff was great and the bed nice but soft.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"close to Banff nice town"
I was just at the Windtower last week during the flooding. The hotel was very nice to us gave us at least updates daily. When we were able to leave late Saturday they did not charge us to stay the day. We had breakfast every day. I can not say enough about how good it was to stay here under the state of emergency. The condo we staying in was very nice and comfortable and we were happy to be here than a hotel room. We stayed here to have the nice condo and view. The town of Canmore is very nice and under normal conditions there are things to do in town. If we had to be stranded somewhere this was a good place to do that. I would definitely return to the Windtower if ever in the area in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Angel
"Nice older hotel"
The staff was great. My wife hurt her arm and they responded immediately with a first aid kit. The free breakfasts were excellent, on a par with the best Marriott's. The queen rooms, however, are very small. I would recommend getting a suite for $50 more. The suite we were in was very large with a full kitchen. Be aware - the rooms are not air conditioned, but do have overhead fans. This was not a problem for us in May, but could be a problem in the summer if it's hot.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Ron
"3 night getaway"
My fiancé and I came out to canmore for a getaway. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and let us stay in the hot tub for half an hour longer than the closing time. Rooms were comfortable (had the suite), however did not like facing the hot tub. Breakfast was ok, there wasn't much variety. Overall it was a good stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 18, 2013
"View of the Three Sisters mountains"
We enjoyed our stay, location was convient. We will definitely return to this hotel.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2013

"Cold room, great service"
Our room was extremely cold, but they sent a heater up right away. Thanks for the great service!
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2016
Marcey
"don't stay here! tiny, dirty rooms"
terrible service, was told free parking + breakfast on phone, told during check-in that wasnt the case. hairs all over bathtub and wouldnt change our room. the room was tiny, and was only a double bed - and an uncomfortable one at that.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2016
"Too small, go somewhere else."
Our Queen room was incredibly small. So small that it was uncomfortable and we checked out early. Service was standard. Professional, though not personal.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2016
"Good place"
Lots of rooms, some underground parking. Has a restaurant in the hotel, nice views, quiet and well priced.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2016
The staff at this hotel was amazing! My car had broke down over the weekend in Canmore and the staff were more than accommodating when I had to keep coming back for a room since my car still wasn't fixed. My second night they upgraded my room to one of their suites for no additional charge so that I could try and relax a little bit more because I needed to get back to university that was 3 hours away and my car proceeded to remain broken. Overall if I could give this hotel 10 stars I would and I will always choose to go here if I'm ever needing a room.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2016
Katie
"A family friendly hotel"
My family stayed for one night and we really enjoyed staying here. It is at convinient location where everything is nearby. The front desk staff was very kind upgrating our room, and then realized the restaurant staff are so friendly as well. Enjoyed outside hot tub at snowy night, and used the full kitchen in the room.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Not great value for the price. The room was very small and starting to look a little banged up. Service was good and the room was clean, but the included breakfast left a lot to be desired. Not a bad hotel overall, but not worth $130 a night.
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
"decent for the price"
for the price it was decent. Room was clean but a little dated.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
"Unorganized and Uncomfortable"
We came in from B.C to Canmore and when we arrived at the Windtower we weren't able to get in to our room until after 4 pm. There was no wiggle room at all. We left and came back 3 times to try and get in to our room. It appears they are short staffed and for the busy Christmas season that is really unacceptable. We were there for a wedding and the whole bridal party as well as parents and all friends from both sides were staying at the Windtower. They were not very accommodating in letting any of us check in early. When we were able to finally get in our room there were no towels, the sheets were dirty, and so was the bathroom. We were told the hotel had a towel shortage and many of our friends were told the same. Sharing towels for 3 days was not ideal. Unless you booked a suite the rooms are small and the beds are very uncomfortable. The hotel was convenient for the wedding and the venues that were near by, other than that I wouldn't stay there again.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
"so disappointed"
We stayed here 2 years ago for our wedding and we were very happy with the service. So we decided to return for Christmas with our family this year and it was awful. We asked about an early checked in and we were told (rudely) that it was not allowed. Once we did check in we were charged $10 (+ tax) per night for parking. I think this is a total cash grab! Where else am I supposed to park? Of course I need to pay the $21! I think its absolutely ridiculous that this cost is not included in our room rental. Then despite booking for 2 adults and 2 teens I was only given 2 breakfast voucher per night. When I asked about it I was told that is all I get at the rate I paid (lets note that the rate I paid was not a special rate), I thought this response was so incredibily rude making me feel cheap and less deserving! And lastly none of us slept very well because although we turned the thermostats all the way down, opened the bedroom window and had two fans going, the temperature in the suite never went below 25 degrees making the room unbearably hot. When we told the staff we were told maintenance would look into it but were never offered any compensation. When paying over $240 per night I would expect better customer service and room care. I desperately hope that the resort has gone down hill in the last 2 years and that our 90 wedding guests did not experience this same type of service.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Great breakaway before the rush."
The room was very quiet. Did not hear other rooms guests. Available coffee /tea and muffins to tide one over to meal time were appreciated. Complimentary daily paper. Staff eager to please. Stayed the night of the solstice plus one. Slept deeply and long both nights.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
d bruce w
"Very Nice Lodge .. Watch out for the extra charges"
Everything was great, except for two things: 1. They charged $10 per night for parking. 2. Their website said there was a free breakfast. I booked a room for four people. When I checked in he said the free breakfast was only for two people. This was never mentioned when I booked the room. After complaining, he finally gave me breakfast tickets for four people. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Nice weekend getaway."
It was a one night stay with a friend. We were going to a wedding and were able to get early check-in and the room was comfortable for hanging out for the afternoon. The furniture could use some updating but, on the whole, was very nice. The bed was great and the kitchen was fully equipped.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
"Fair value at $90"
Good location and breakfast. Room was small and crowded and bed was not very comfortable. We got an excellent off season rate by booking thru Hotels.com when we got into town ($90 versus regular rate of $150 to $250) which would have been a total rip off. Wifi service was spotty in the room. Staff was very good but it won't take long for this hotel to deteriorate. The quality of the workmanship, carpets, furnishings, etc. Is definitely on the low end. $90 was fair value - paying anymore would have been a waste of money....
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Barrie
"Disappointing Hotel"
We felt somewhat mislead by the photos and advertising when booking. The room was tiny - barely enough room to put two suitcases in it without blocking travel paths around the bed and to the door. Sound insulation was very poor. We could hear people talking in a normal voice level through the hallway door and the adjoining door to the next room. The room was clean and comfortable enough, just not what we expected when we booked. The hot tub was covered and shut off at 8:00 when we tried to use it. In the buffet breakfast, the food was all cold. We had to ask the hostess to go heat it up to eat it - does not seem like a safe food handling practice to us. Mattresses were cheap matress with a 2 inch foamy paced on the top to add some comfort.
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
Doug
"Crappy small hotel room"
Really small hotel room. The bed was the only thing that fit in the room with a shelf. No fridge. Very hot as the room was heated by in floor heating. Very expensive for what the room was. Would not stay ever again.
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
room is really small. buffet breakfast is ok.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
kwok
"Wonderful view of the mountains. Lovely size of r"
Booked last minute. Was apprehensive about my stay once I read the reviews. That said, once we got there it was better than expected. The size was lovely and accurate as advertised in the description of the room. Full kitchen. Loved the private bedroom. The room was clean. Clean linen and towels. Worst I can say is an occasional paint chip spot. The heat of the room is easily controlled if you follow the instructions on the sign posted above the thermostat. The noise is controlled by shutting the window, but as it is next to the TransCanada along with all the other hotels in the area you will get a bit of road noise. The view of the mountains is worth it. The bed was very comfortable and easy on my back. The view the balcony provided was stunning. Well worth the trip. We will book with them next time we come.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015