All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada
160 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, AB, T1W3E2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice and Clean but Need Transportation"
The hotel is a bit hidden off one of the main roads, but worth finding. We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and the room was clean and comfortable. There's no A/C but the staff brought in a portable unit that did an ok job of keeping the room cool. There's also no tub in the bathroom if you're hoping to soak your muscles after long days of activity. The grounds are neat and well manicured, but be aware that the facility shares space with condos and time-shares...which can be an issue if you have a noisy neighbor because the hotel staff cannot contact owners or visitors not affiliated with the hotel...even if they share a common wall. This became a problem for us at night, but I'm sure that was just "luck of the draw" on room location. Also don't plan on arriving early. When we arrived at the lodge at 3:30 we were told that we couldn't check in until 4 p.m. Yikes. The staff is friendly though...and try to accommodate requests. Note: Underground parking is an additional cost, otherwise you take your chances finding a top-side spot. There are 3 elevators which are most helpful in getting your stuff in and out. No pool. If you stay here, transportation is a "must." Downtown shopping, fuel and grocery/convenience stores are within a 10 minute drive. You can walk it...but I'd recommend driving and then walking once you're there. Banff is about 20 minutes away...Lake Louise around an hour. There's also a visitor center in Canmore which is worth a stop.
6 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
"OK Condo/Hotel"
The hotel was clean but a little outdated. Since there is no a/c in Canada and they were way warmer than normal, it was hot to sleep at night. We did crack the window but we were on the 1st floor and not in a good location to open all doors, etc. There was no view from our room but the bed and other amenities were fine.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Vicki
"Nice but hot"
No air conditioning and room wouldn't cool down even though outside was cool.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
The people at the hotel were just great. They were just great when ever we needed something. We were not disappointed at any of their services.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Wouldn't stay here again"
It's a bed for the night but not much more. Downsides were: no AC in rooms, rooms very small, no pool, breakfast not ready till 8:00 am so if you need to leave earlier you are out of luck, staff not very helpful.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Me
"Convenient to shops, restaurants and hiking"
Very nice accommodations but breakfast hours were too late--8:00 a.m. is too late to get a good start on the day
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2013
"A super nice visit"
This hotel is relatively new, extremely clean with super helpful staff. The rooms are small and do not have air conditioning, but for an overnight or a base camp from which to see the area it certainly does the trick. Free parking could be an issue as the hotel is in a semi-residential area, but we had no problem. For a $10 fee there is underground parking, but don't know how many spaces are available. We considered it a minor issue. There is a restaurant on site and the food was excellent.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Nancy and Pat
"Stay at canmore"
Not enough free parking space. You can pay extra amount for underground parking. Not so good free continental style breakfast options. Keurig style coffee machine in the busy morning was not so good but they changed to coffee pot later. Now pic problem was they actually charged extra $100 for incidentals. It is supposed to have it pending status and cancel at the check out time. But found it charged after come home. Called the hotel. Instead of immediate cancellation of this charge, they said I must call their account manager which is just voice mail. I am concerned of this kind of practice. I must call again. I do not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Wanderful hotel"
These guys do all they can to make the hotel more attractive to the patrons. I really enjoyed staying in this hotel
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
The Canadian Rockies were wonderful, so the location was fine. However, the complimentary services were sub-par and the housekeeping services were minimal. Plus, the room available for this rate were VERY small compared to other places we've stayed. Their response to the flood situation experienced the week before, and the lack of clean water as a result, was quite good, however. It was a difficult situation.
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Our stay was great except for the power going out in the morning. Other than that I would recommend staying here.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Good hotel if it is not a hot day"
I stay there one night in July 2013. Fortunately, it was not a very warm day. This hotel have no air conditioning in room. They do have air conditioning in lobby and hall way. We have to open window and door to cool down room's temperature. Except this, this is overall a good hotel. Staff in front desk is very friendly and helpful. Guest get free WI-FI access. I am surprised they provide free breakfast. It is not simple continental breakfast, it includes hot bacon, sausages, egg, etc. I will recommend this hotel to my friend.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
zs
"Nice hotel especially at the Expedia price"
Stayed two nights to visit the parks. It unusually warm in the mid 90's. No air in the room. The staff was great and the bed nice but soft.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"close to Banff nice town"
I was just at the Windtower last week during the flooding. The hotel was very nice to us gave us at least updates daily. When we were able to leave late Saturday they did not charge us to stay the day. We had breakfast every day. I can not say enough about how good it was to stay here under the state of emergency. The condo we staying in was very nice and comfortable and we were happy to be here than a hotel room. We stayed here to have the nice condo and view. The town of Canmore is very nice and under normal conditions there are things to do in town. If we had to be stranded somewhere this was a good place to do that. I would definitely return to the Windtower if ever in the area in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Angel
"Nice older hotel"
The staff was great. My wife hurt her arm and they responded immediately with a first aid kit. The free breakfasts were excellent, on a par with the best Marriott's. The queen rooms, however, are very small. I would recommend getting a suite for $50 more. The suite we were in was very large with a full kitchen. Be aware - the rooms are not air conditioned, but do have overhead fans. This was not a problem for us in May, but could be a problem in the summer if it's hot.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Ron
"3 night getaway"
My fiancé and I came out to canmore for a getaway. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and let us stay in the hot tub for half an hour longer than the closing time. Rooms were comfortable (had the suite), however did not like facing the hot tub. Breakfast was ok, there wasn't much variety. Overall it was a good stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 18, 2013
"View of the Three Sisters mountains"
We enjoyed our stay, location was convient. We will definitely return to this hotel.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2013

Excellent service upgraded room to suite no charge very clean accommodations
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
richard
"super friendly service"
Excellent hotel with super friendly service. we stayed one night and everything was spotless. The Breafkast had many choices and everything we had was fresh and tasty. The bed was to firm for me. Not complaining just mentioning.
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2015
Teri
"Clean, cozy, affordable!"
New hotel- nicer than expected based on it being 3 1/2 stars. We would definitely stay there again!
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
"On the Road Overnighter"
Quick overnight stay on our way to Edmonton. The room was small but comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and it was a good nights sleep. Breakfast was substantial and we enjoyed it before taking to the road.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Inge
"bed"
I did not like the hotel
3 night trip Jul 27, 2015
Nice place though for better or worse off the "beaten path"
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Stewart
Needs a pool. Room was dirty, housekeeping poor, hotel and room out dated. Breakfast was excellent and service fairly good and attentive to needs when concerns voiced. Room rate far too expensive for quality.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"No Recommanded"
No Air Conditioning, dryer is broken, feel like in the dorm and everything is outdated. Won't come back again
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Ming Yu
We had to upgrade because our room was awful .No balcony .We were on our honeymoon and both hot tubs wre out of order. The restaurant had very slow service and foodw as gross. We won't be back.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Elysha
"Highly recomendable"
It's like home away from home, the staffs are friendly and accommodating they will attend to you right away when you need them. And the place is good . I am going to recommend WindTower lodge & suits to my friends and relatives.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Leonila
"wonderful stay"
What a wonderful stay! A friend of mine and myself went to Camrose after a day in Banff and stayed here. While at first we had a bit of a problem as a room with 2 twin beds was booked but they gave us one double, they soon rectified this error with granting us with a suite. The Breakfast was delicious, hot and cold. Cant beat the view,
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
cindy
"over-priced for tiny room"
The window crank was broken. The coffee machine was not cleaned. There were no face cloths. Tape over the thermostat, could not adjust heat. At least the fan worked. Room was tiny. Very over priced for what we got. Also the check in was very slow. I had to put one hundred extra on my credit card for damage deposit, I should get that back and plus a hundred for everything that was not provided or things that were broken. Very bad experience for one hundred fifty bucks.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Lynn
"my worsed stay in canada"
small rooms and very poor reception manager.didnt care
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
paul
"Nice place but late check in"
Late check in because too many guests were allowed to leave late. When we got to our room it still had not been cleaned. After that a very enjoyable stay
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Reasonable price but..."
We were not able to check in until 2 hours after the 4pm check in time due to the hotel housekeeping being short staffed. The staff was friendly but over booked for their man power. The room was clean but does not have air conditioning. We received free under ground parking when I complained about the late check in but only after I suggested it. The room came with a free hot breakfast of bacon etc which was a pleasant surprise. Not a terrible hotel for a reasonable price point.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Murray
"No Air Conditioning!"
This hotel is used a lot by tour agencies. While we were there, there were at least 2 buses of tourists staying there. Upon arriving in the room, we found out that there was no air conditioning. The room only had a ceiling fan and a portable fan. Not the best option for summer weather. The shampoo and conditioner bottles were also empty. The hot tub was a bit worned out and the back massager water jets did not turn on. Hotel included breakfast which was OK.
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Great value, in a great little town."
A nice little 4 day stay in the Rockies... a lot of complaints about the size of a standard room here vs. the suite... I'm guessing a lot of people haven't stayed in Europe or Japan very much. The room size was fine... only lacking thing for us was a bar fridge, but the rest of it was fine. Smaller than North American average, but a LONG ways from the smallest hotel room I've stayed in. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise... I was expecting it to be a cold continental breakfast... but it was a hot breakfast with a lot of good selections. It got a little repetitive by the 4th day, but was still hearty and filling... oh... weak weak weak coffee. The 3rd and 4th day we went out for coffee after breakfast because it was so weak (might I even suggest watered down?)
4 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Jeffery
"Good value for your money"
We decided to get out of town for the weekend and we were looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to Banff. Overall it was very good value for the money. The room was a little small but we spent no time there other than to sleep. Others have mentioned that their room was extremely hot - we didn't find that at all. There were two fans (one ceiling and one floor) and with those and he window open it was just fine. There were two large wedding parties in the hotel that weekend and it was much quieter than expected. There was also a full hot and cold breakfast provided and it had a good selection and was tasty...saved us having to buy breakfast both days. Overall it was good...especially considering how much more you would pay for the same accomodation in Banff. We'd stay there again for sure.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Tracey
"Be careful with bed requests"
We were given a single bed when a double was requested. There is no way to actually book a room with 2 beds apparently. You get what you get! Upon asking to switch rooms, we were told the hotel was completely full. Got a phone call in the room about 10 minutes later offering us an upgrade to a suite, complementary, for just 1 night of our 2 night stay. She said she would call back and let us know what we would have to pay the second night. 30 minutes, called back and said the offer was no longer available to us. Strange... and annoying.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Laurel
"A big disappointment"
On the website it says you can change you room if you aren't satisfied on a first come basis. I checked in early (3 pm) The room was like a sauna when we entered. Very small and crowded. A note by the thermostat said the air conditioning may take 6-8 hours to kick in. Seriously? I seen no air vents what so ever. We turned the ceiling fan on and dust covered the bed. I seen enough so I went back to the front desk. They said we couldn't change rooms and gave a excuse that it was because we booked online. We stayed the night there only because we couldn't get a refund. The "queen" bed was two twin beds pushed together. I had the worst sleep as the walls are paper thin and you can here all the noises around you. My thoat was so dry from the heat in the room. I will never stay here again!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"A great Hotel!"
My stay was great, no complaints at all, except room a little cramped, but otherwise great stay, will definetly go back.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Canmore"
Very enjoyable. Room small with very little room to move about.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Janet
"Never again"
Horrible. The room was small, dark and hot. No air conditioning and it was a hot day. As well the room faced the sun all day. When we got in I advised the front desk that it was 25 above in the room. They said to keep my window and door to the hall open for a cross breeze. Excuse me? There was no breeze. They finally sent down a portable air conditioner which just proceeded to up the temp to 29. The hot air had no where to go. They finally moved us to a room across the hall which was cooler. Front desk staff very uncaring. The restaurant meal , ribs, was terrible. I would never stY there again
1 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
Val
"Would stay again"
Great staff!
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Cameron
"Nothing fancy, but good enough."
The hotel was located within walking distance of downtown. Strange configuration, seems to be a combination of condos/hotel units. The hot tub and hot breakfast were good. Room was small, but sufficient.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Cody
"Needs to strive for excellence!"
I was very dissapointed in the hotel accomodations. We booked way in advance and I had asked for an adjacent room to my family. We were poles apart. I had asked for 2 doubles in one room and a king in the other. Got neither upon arriving until I requested for change. Twin beds were seperated but we as a couple got this double bed with an foam egg mattress on top of the double. very uncomfortable. Small details like TV did not work, shampoo bottle empty 2 days in a row. I understand when a hotel is running at full capacity, but the standard of excellence should still be in place. I stayed at the Blackstone hotel next door in November, and it was way superior in every way. For the rate I was not impressed.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Would stay again!"
Rooms are quite small but all of the needed amenities are met in the small space. Rooms were extremely clean and the beds/pillows were comfortable. We had a mountain view and were close enough to town to walk for dinner. The hotel staff upon arrival were very helpful. When driving in, it looks like there is no parking. If you actually park in the 15 minute unloading area, the hotel staff will give you underground parking for a fee of $5.00 a day. We did manage to find parking very close on the street.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Karlee
"Relaxing getaway"
Great relaxing stay in a very clean,friendly environment
1 night trip May 12, 2015
"Overall nice but small room"
It was an okay stay, nice room. But the light flickered all night, the lamp didn't work. Not a great sound barrier could hear everything in the halls.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Alyssa
"Great facade, clean rooms, but in decline"
We took a weekend out to spend in Canmore for mothers day and enjoy the mountains. The staff at the hotel was mostly friendly and helpful, and we had a nice stay. Unfortunately there were some problems with the hotel, maintenance issues are starting to appear. The up button for the elevator was broken (for a long time judging by the condition of the duct tape over it) and when I didn't figure out that the tape wasn't hiding or holding a damaged button in place, and you had to hit the down elevator button to go up, a staff member cursed at my stupidity. Maybe a small sign by the elevator buttons "press the down button to call the elevator" might be helpful, or maybe I am daft and it is obvious to everyone else... Also our room was frightfully hot, 24.5 degrees on May 9th, it is exposed to the sun and it was a nice day but, we couldn't cool it off except by opening the patio doors and exposing us to the noise of the Trans-Canada highway. The Utensils in the kitchenette had seen better days and there were only two spoons. You get the feeling the owners are delaying maintenance and upgrades as long as possible to maximize their profits.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Basic Room with great breakfast"
The room is very basic with a bed and two small tables. No desk or fridge. In-room coffee maker was great. Elevators only partially working while I was there. Breakfast was great with good hot and cold selection. Room is best as a home base for hiking or skiing activities in the mountains.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"not happy.."
I feel that we were put in the worst room the hotel has to offer. And I am guessing that is because I booked through a deal site. I guess you get what you pay for. :(
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Good hotel"
Clean but small. Bed wasn't the most comfortable
2 night romance trip May 5, 2015