All hotels in Reno, Nevada, United States of America
140 Court Street, Reno, NV, 89501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Slightly above average hotel-not "vacation resort""
The hotel is located on the edge of downtown Reno, easy to get to/from the main freeway (I-80). Overall is is a slightly above average hotel, weighing the pros & cons, but would not call it a "vacation resort." Despite some below average reviews, I decided to check this place out since it had a kitchen & I got a last minute mobile deal with hotels.com, which the put the rate at 60% off. I don't think I'd be happy paying much more than $80-$90/night for this room. * Parking garage & surface parking * Nice common areas with game room, pool tables, movie/tv room, eating areas * Gym looked somewhat upgraded & pool looked clean * Full mini kitchen in room with plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, wine glasses, silverware, blender, toaster, pots/pans, a few cooking utensils, wine opener/key, can opener, coffee maker, cutting board, dish rack, dish towel & dish soap * My room came with a stand-up shower that was very small, it wasn't even a full shower. (I'm not a big person and found it small--I'm only 5'3".) * Shower had original 1970s tile & grout... dark spots in grout (mold perhaps?) * Room & kitchen were otherwise very clean * No place to set things down other than the couch (looked old-1980s corduroy fabric), coffee table or kitchen table since the tv took up the dresser * Cable signal was out * Bed was hard with no "give" to mattress & when I laid on my side, I could feel the springs * Very noisy A/C - sounded like a generator
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Dear Wendy, Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club Reno and for your feedback! Our goal is to provide exceptional vacation experiences that will give you memories of a lifetime. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on the time you've spent at Legacy Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit! Sincerely, Legacy Vacation Club Management
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Wendy
"Don't stay here"
We will never stay there again. The room was not clean. Wash rags from the pervious guest were still hanging over the shower rod. The beds were very uncomfortable. on here it stay we would get a view of the city what a joke. We got a view of some run down houses that played loud music. The air condition did not work in the bed room. I called first thing we I got there to ask why the couch was the one in the pictures. Which I had called be for I booked the room to make surr it would be and was told it would be. The lady said oh only some come with that couch. No sorry or anything. We had 5 people and on 4 places to sit to watch tv unless someone what to sit at the table. They never came to clean the room or even give us towels. We had to go to the front desk to pick up anything we needed. We had to take are trash out because they didn't even do that. And at the end of our stay we paid a resort fee for what?
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Dear Debbie, Thank you for your review. I did hear of this issue. I have reprimanded my housekeeper that cleaned that room. The room was cleaned and the rags that were left on the shower rod was from the housekeeper that cleaned the shower and forgot to retrieve the rags. Again I apologize about this issue. The beds had been replaced throughout our property and is about 7 months old. As for the view, when you enter your room it does overlook a couple of homes, but you did have a balcony and that does have a view depending on where your balcony is located. Also the balcony does not overlook these homes. We clean rooms as per request by guest and the same with towels. The trash, we ask that you put outside your room door and a housekeeper will come by and take the trash to the dumpster. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call @ 775-315-8185 Thank you for your stay with us and I hope that you can give us another try.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Debbie
"Great hotel for the price"
THIS WAS A SPONTANEOUS TRIP FOR MY HUSBAND AND I SO WHEN I BOOKED THE TRIP I WENT IN BLIND AND PAID ONLINE. WHEN WE ARRIVED TO THE LEGACY RESORT I ASKED THE WOMAN SERVICING US IF WE COULD PLEASE SEE THE ROOM BEFORE DECIDING TO STAY SHE WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO SO.THE ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN AND KIND OF CUTE EQUIPPED WITH A KITCHEN AND VIEW OF THE POOL, SO WE TOOK IT. WE DISCOVERED OUR DVD PLAYER WASN'T WORKING AND NEITHER WAS THE AIR CONDITIONER. WE CALLED DOWN TO THE FRONT DESK AND REPORTED OUR ISSUES. SHE INSTANTLY MOVED US TO ANOTHER ROO. THAT WAS BIGGER MORE EQUIPPED WITH AMENITIES AND THE A.C PLUS DVD PLAYER WORKED GREAT WE WERE VERY HAPPY. ON TOP OF THAT THEY WAVED THE HOTEL FEE THEY USUALLY CHARGE BECAUSE OF THE ISSUES WE HAD WITH THE FIRST ROOM AND SINCERELY APOLOGIZED. OVERALL OUR STAY WAS AWESOME I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN WITH MY KIDS BECAUSE OF THE KITCHEN POOL, POOL TABLE, GOLF, AND SAUNA... THEY ALSO HAVE A GYM.
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Dear Kenya, Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club and for your feedback! Our goal is to provide exceptional vacation experiences that will give you memories of a lifetime. We are glad tht our staff was able to accommodate any of the issues that occurred. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on the time you've spent at Legacy Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit! Sincerely, Legacy Vacation Club Management
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Kenya
"You guys put me in the wrong hotel. SAD"
Bored
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Tammy
"very nice people"
loved it
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Legacy Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit! Legacy Vacation Club Management
2 night trip Jul 29, 2015
legacy vacation club
"So-so"
Overall it was okay, the hotel room provided good space for our kids to have room, but the pool was gross. Needed to be cleaned and the poster hanging in the bathroom warning that hand foot mouth disease was in their community was disgusting. I feel it should have been posted before entering the pool area so us parents of little kids would keep them away from that area.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Average at best."
Very average. Was rundown. For a timeshare property I felt bad for anyone who was a member.
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Dear Carlos, Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club and for your feedback! Our goal is to provide exceptional vacation experiences that will give you memories of a lifetime. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on the time you've spent at Legacy Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit! Sincerely, Legacy Vacation Club Management
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Carlos
"Wouldn't recommend it"
I was particularly disturbed when they checked other guests into our room when we had already been there a day with a 3 day reservation. These other people walked into our room, thankfully while we were there. I also was frustrated with the shower fluctuating between scalding hot and freezing cold with moments of ok in between.
3 night business trip May 22, 2015
Room was overbooked. Waited on hour for them to get a credit card number in order to try to get us a room somewhere else (all rooms sold out due to basketball tournament ). Finally they said they might be able to give us 3 studio rooms( why wasn't this offered first). We finally received 2 rooms and almost had to break the doors to get in. It was hot in the room, turned on the air conditioner for hot air to come out.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Quick overnight!"
Good place to stay. Bring your breakfast with you !!
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Thank you for your comments and feedback. Our goal is to provide exceptional vacation experiences that will give you memories of a lifetime. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on the time you've spent at Legacy Vacation Club.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Terri
"Resort fee but not a resort!!"
We checked in and were told about resort fees which seemed reasonable at the time. Once checked in we went to our room which was not like the pictures and did not have the beds that the confirmation stated. Also the room was dirty and much smaller than claimed. When we went to talk to the front desk and let them know that we wanted to cancel they said they can not cancel there and we would have to call a number to complain and try to get a refund. So we asked what we could do and were told that they would show us another room to see if it was better. We were shown the next room and it was not any cleaner but was bigger and had the correct amount of beds that it was supposed too. Since we did not have much of an option as they had charged us either way we decided to stay here. Once we got into the room we realized there was no heating in the room. When you turned it on you only get cold air blown on you. Our view was of City Hall directly next door. Out our front door was a run down neighborhood and an alleyway. (not the best) If we had came to party and drink this would have been the best location as it was within walking distance to many bars. Unfortunately we stayed here as a family and it was not the best. Are was not nice enough to walk around in after dark. This is definitely not a resort. We were all very exited to stay here since it was a resort and the website pictures were very nice and the amenities seemed good. None of it was worth the money!
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Thank you-"
was one of nicest hotel that i stayed sometime.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Janie
"Not bad for the price"
The staff was great, room was clean. Only problem was hidden light switches and lack of working a/c.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Jeremy
"Hotel location"
It's great for a get away spot, thanks
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Room was nice, and clean. Staff was friendly! In downtown area, close to all the action!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Enrique
"April"
Nice room. Kitchen was well stocked with clean dishes and cookware. Would stay again.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Satisfied customer"
Had a bachelor party there, and were maintained for the most part. Had an issue with description of room that I had paid for but the manager Gee quickly resolved the matter which was much appreciated. 2 mins from strip driving and maybe 10-15 min walk. Good location. For the price and amenities would definitely come back.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Juan
"Not so great."
I feel bad giving this hotel a bad review because they seemed nice and like they were trying, but it was really pretty bad. The thing that freaked me out the most was the furniture upholstery in the room and the club house. It was so dirty looking that I really didn't even want to sit on it. If they got new chairs and couches the rest could be forgiven, but those are so visible that they make you paranoid about everything else. Under the beds were down right dirty. I was going to keep s few things in the safe, but I never received a key (I didn't ask for one, but I shouldn't have to) and when I looked in the safe, it was so dirty that I didn't want to put anything in there anyway. Also - to be a Vacation Resort Club, you kind of need a hot tub!
Response by Legacy Vacation Resorts Reno
Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club and for your feedback! Our goal is to provide exceptional vacation experiences that will give you memories of a lifetime. We will take into consideration the décor as well. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on the time you've spent at Legacy Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"enjoy the stay here"
it's a relaxing place to stay. kitchen is convenient rooms are nice for a decent price!
2 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
"Terrible hotel"
Horrible hotel. Pictures make it look acceptable The room and hallways smelled of a mixture of people's food. Not good. Room was so small and cheap feeling. Fluorescent light? Walls were paper thin and I could hear screaming kids all night I thought they were going to break through the wall. Btw, checkout is 10am so don't expect to sleep in.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
KEVIN
"Too far from downtown"
No smoking rooms and it looks like a motel 8 but paying for 4 stars.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
missy
"worth the price when all others are booked"
New Year get away with friends
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"In desperate need of some updates"
We got this room so that we wouldn't have to drive on New Year's Eve. When we arrived, the card key machine was broken, but the guys at the desk were super helpful and got us into our room and still managed to get us our keys before we left to go to dinner. Our room was above the parking garage, so the floor was ice cold - particularly in the bathroom. The shower was also labeled hot and cold backwards and had obviously had some serious mildew prior - it was cleaned, but needed a bleaching to fix the color. There was a full kitchen, but the appliances were circa the mid-70's and could use an update. Nice big window, but no blackout curtains, so the sun came in bright first thing in the morning through the mini blinds. Not a bad place to crash, but needs some updates to be good enough for a longer stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Yvette
"No hot water and no heating"
No hot water and no heating on the second day of our stay. I understand that the hotel did not try to sabotage my vacation. It was just an unfortunate incident.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Horrible experience..."
Horrible to say the least... Checked in with a very unfriendly and rude staff member. Thinking of probably long tired day; tried to start the conversation with "Happy New Year, how are you doing?". Answer was "okay you too". Anyways moving on... It was 13℉ outside and room was very cold when we first walked in. Turned on the heater to low 70℉ but it just wouldn't heat above 65℉. All night tried many options but to no gain. Come early morning; no HOT water... I mean seriously none. Mind you I checked in with kids at this place. Complained to the staff and they told me that they will try to locate the maintenance staff. An hour plus later still no hot water and wad told they have plumbers coming in to look at the problem. Good thing we had electric stove in the room so warmed up the water and used it for our needs. Anyways checked out from the hotel right away after that.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Muhammad
"Clean room. Utilitys broke down"
Room clean. Staff nice. Elevator broken one day. Water heat broke the next. No comp for our troubles. Just a waive of resort fee @ 4$.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
matt
"Poor"
poor parking
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
Kamarvir
"Very nice if you need access to a kitchen"
the only draw back I'd say is a lack of parking. Hotel security was nice enough to let us park in a "no parking" spot for the night. very convenient access to downtown. reasonably priced, and super friendly staff.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Unexpected oasis in downtown Reno"
When all my usual hotels were suddenly ALL sold out, it was a relief to find Legacy Vacation Resort in moments online and at an affordable price. The kitchen was fully equipped with table ware and glass glasses! That was a surprise! And even though it is located right in the downtown Reno corridor, it was quiet and private -- quite unexpected. Very clean with friendly staff - even though they were extremely busy trying to accommodate a rush of unexpected business on a sold out Saturday night. The free covered parking was another bonus.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Lynn
"Nice hotel, not too far from downtown"
Quiet area, not too far from the lovely riverwalk area with fabulous restraunts all close enough to walk from your room. The pool and spa are is kept well. The deck/patio with bar-q is a nice addtion.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Mrs.
"Friendly staff, go for the upgrade"
We booked a studio, which was off the pool. This was too noisy for us. We spoke to the staff and paid a nominal fee for an upgrade to a 1 bedroom that was away from the pool. The room was quiet and comfortable and the staff were attentive, helpful and understanding.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Not exactly a "resort""
The room was extremely small even though they said they gave us an upgrade. The ceilings were very compact almost clostrophobic. We actually paid for 2 days but left a day early.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Staci Bettis
"Good stay in Reno that is fairly close to downtown"
I really enjoyed this hotel and its location. We could walk to most areas in Reno, like the main casinos and many of Reno's landmarks. My only bad experience at the Hotel was the fact that the microwave wasn't cleaned and they didn't restock the soap/shampoo, but that was easily fixed by asking for it at the front desk. The area was nice, it has a really good breakfast place near by, called Peg's Glorified Ham and Eggs, that is amazing and various other small shops that were cool to visit.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"Meh"
We needed a one night stay on a holiday weekend. We were not impressed although the pictures would lead to other conclusions. The air conditioning unit was so loud that one could not sleep. There are not any windows to open to let in fresh air so that was not an option.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
smallchange
"NO REFUNDS IF NOT SATISFIED!!! REALLY.."
Well, when you check-in they make you sign that you willn't get a refund if you are not satified with the room or leave early. NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. When I went to check-out I wanted to pay cash for a resort fee that should of been included in the room. She charged and didn't say a word. I said I wanted to pay cash and she said it was too late.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Michele
"Rib cook off"
The rooms were dirty There is no cleaning service available if you stay 2 nited , I will never stay there again ..
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Nice one night stay"
Its quite good nice large room but if i am in reno i like motel with casino
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Anita Chopra
"It was comfortable"
It was a great stay and I had absolutely no complaints. The room was comfortable and very spacious. It was conveniently located from Downtown Reno, so walking distance was very moderate. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
B Anderson
"Went for hot august nights(2014)"
When Me and my girlfriend arrived the room we rented wasn't available so they supposedly gave us and upgrade which was an adjoining room uhhm we reserved a suite what are we going to do with 2 adjoining rooms? Anyway when we got to the room our key didn't work to get in so we figured let's try it on the adjoining room .It worked on that door but when we walked in the room floor was flooded(like soaking wet). I will say a week later I was refunded the cost but it was just a hassle because we wanted to stay in a big suite.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
mike muscle
"Great location!"
Close to all the good places downtown like movie theaters, museums, court, reno aces stadium, casinos, restaurant, stores. Good room prices, bad customer service in the front desk, also no housekeeping services. Other than you get what you paid for. It's worth it.
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Jose
"Hot august nights"
price was good and the location was good staff was busy but I think that was with all the guest.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Jon
"Good with one problem"
The room was top notch and was very comfortable. The kitchen was nicely stocked but a few of the dishes needed a scrub before using. The main issue is the shower stall was too tight for a large man to use. I'm large but not so much that I would not fit in a standard shower stall. Also needed a Disabled assessable bath rooms to match as many as there are disabled parking. If those where fixed I may come back.
3 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Good location, but skimpy on service"
Good location close to downtown attractions, restaurants etc... Clean big rooms. Property a bit worn around the edges. Also clear owners are trying to save money by cutting corners. There was no one at front desk when we arrived, just a sign to call a number, "continental breakfast" was a box of donuts. They also do not clean your rooms each night. Check out is 10:00 a.m., which is earlier than most hotels, but likely due to need to skimping on staff. I would recommend as an affordable short stay hotel, but would not recommend if you plan an spending more than a few days.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Ackward"
In my opinion if you going to have a name like LEGACY VACATION RESORTS then be that. Dont be LEGACY REMOLDED AKWARD MOTEL that charges quality hotel prices.On the surface it was clean loooking but the smell was like a old apartment. Service was so so except for the night shift which consisted of secririty guards who didint want to help people at the desk. Amenities were ok the pool table in the rec room was a nice touch. But the wimpy AC units did not make for a comfortable stay. Location is close to fowntown but herein lies the problem when Reno has special events parking is at a preimuim downtown and other people participating in the downtown activities use the hotels parking. I wish i could say more but the rules to review prevent me. I was very dissapointed and i will never stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
it was good
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
"Close to everything"
My stay was delightful. I was not sure about this place but once i got there i found it to be a great place. We got there late at night, the security lady took good care of us, found us a parking spot as the hotel had 100% occupancy and led us to check in and show us our rooms etc.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Riakat Ali
"Very homey and comfortable."
We had two bathrooms--a very nice plus when you have teenagers.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
R
"Perfect Just for Us!"
Reasonable priced rooms with close access to the strip and most of the casinos. We walked along the riverwalk on Saturday morning which was awesome. The weather was perfect and the activities were great for our group. There were also close stores, strip malls, restaurants, and casinos. Perfect for our group.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Eileen
It is convenient to downtown and a comfy -not luxurious stay. I can't tolerate the smoke in "non smoking" casino rooms and this was great for me. Noproblem. Also have no hassle computer use for free for guests. I will return.
3 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to casinos"
I like this hotel it was a wonderful stay, it had a little kitchen with stove, kitchen sink, pots, pans, coffee maker and small table and chairs. Its actually worth the money, its only 10 minutes away from circus circus, and el dorado if you walk. Also close to century theaters! I will definitely be staying here from now on.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014