All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here431 Nohonani Street, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lovely"
Lovely and beautiful hotel. Very pretty pool area. Was happy to find kitchen had practically everything you would need: pots, pans, plates, cutlery. Would come back again.
5 night romance trip May 2, 2015
wendy
"A very nice place near the beach"
Everything Washington fine
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Adriana
"Questionable and run-down."
The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. However, the hotel is old, outdated and not at all kept up. The bed was barely made in the morning with no other room clean-up. The location was close to the beach but is in a suspect area with late night local bar activity very close nearby. The place is dumpy and I would not readily recommend.
3 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"Cold shower"
We stayed overnight because our house was being fumigated. This is a clean, older hotel in the heart of Waikiki for the budget conscious that is in need of an upgrade. Very friendly and helpful staff. The only thing I would fault is the capacity of the water heater. I must have come back from walking around Waikiki in the evening after everyone had taken a shower and used up all the hot water from the tank. I could only take a cold shower. After waiting a half hour for the heater to warm up, my wife took a shower in only slightly warm water. The following morning was a little better with warm water coming out after a few minutes wait.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Very nice hotel at a reasonable price."
Room was very clean, had frig, stove, microwave, and sink. Room was also very clean, bed was comfortable, nice view of the pool and hot tub. The hotel is within walking distance and all kinds of stores, restaurants, and the beach. Staff was very friendly. If you have a rental car you have to pay $20 per day to them, if they have available room, or park at a structure a block away for $20. That is going to happen at probably any hotel in the area. Overall I would greatly recommend.
3 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"I love this hotel. Thank you"
I I raid a Miles have stayed at this hotel. I love the customer service provided by Jason and Christian they are great. The hotel is great and I love the idea of the kitchenette or full kitchen in the rooms. The pool area is great.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
iraida
"Awesomeness"
We stayed here because our floors were getting done in our house in Hawaii Kai . I was working at my bar, Smiths union bar,the oldest bar in the state, they allowed my wife to check in early. . The room was very clean courtyard by the pool. Kitchenette,pots,pans,utensils everything. My wife is a coffee fiend and they gave her unlimited Kona coffee pacs no charge. . Beautiful tropical garden grounds non smoking facility. I would rent a room for my Grandma here. My wife and mother in law are planning a staycation here soon Aloha, Ric
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
RICHARD
"Stay anywhere but here..."
Customer Service is not one of their strong points. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. The rooms are very old and moldy, shower stall caulking dirty and caked with mold.
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
"Montana 1960"
this is a 1950 vintage unit...it shows its wear the maintenance is rather juvenile.. poor quality of repairs...could be a great place with some TLC.. service was very good and house keeping was real good...front office personnel were very good
4 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
Darryl
"Diasterous"
You charged me for resort fees, then the hotel charged us hotel fees
2 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"A real gem"
Enjoyed boutique like feel and ambiance. At three levels, it was very nice alternative to hotels of + 10 floors. Hotel, ground floor landscaping, gardens and pool all maintained. Location was perfect for walking and discovering.
4 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
bart
"An acceptable place to stay"
While the hotel, staff and area were acceptable, parking was extremely difficult and expensive. We were pleased that our room was straightened early each day and the daily paper was free. Internet was also acceptable, although it was only available in the lobby or by the pool.
6 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Staff Security was Rude"
The room and the hotel itself were fairly clean, though I did see cockroaches in my room. Most of the staff were very friendly, pleasant, and helpful. My son, whom I had not seen in 2 years, and is in the navy, came to my room one night and we sat out on the patio, and were talking and catching up. The hotel security gentleman came by and told us we were being too loud. So we toned it down, and 10 minutes later, he came by again, and told us we were still too loud. We were just sitting there talking, not yelling, not being rude or belligerent. He was a jerk. I would not recommend a hotel that doesnt let you sit on the patio and talk at 8 o' clock at night.
"Great for the money"
The White Sands Hotel was very convenient. It is old and in need of renovation, but it is clean with good beds and pillows and had everything we needed in the kitchenette. The outside is nicely landscaped and well kept up. Our room looked out at a waterfall and goldfish pond area--it was beautiful. Free wifi didn't reach to our room, but was fine in the pool and reception areas. We would definitely stay here again, but it might not be acceptable to more status conscious people.
5 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"Nice place to stay in Waikiki."
Friendly staff. Quiet and comfortable.
5 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Not far from the beach."
Very good for the price I paid. Good price for Hawaii. Good conditions to stay a week, helpful kitchenette, parking lot but limited, risk to not get a parking place if to many cars, free Internet wireless in the lobby area, very nice and professional manager.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Ben
"Not far from the beach, good prices"
Good experience overall, except for the incident with the parking caused by Jason, one of the front desk guy who was not professional with us. I raised the issue to the manager( Cristina Hunt ) and she gave me a very satisfactory resolution and appologized in behalf of Jason.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Ben
"Excellent staff!!!!"
Kudos to Christieann, Jason, Kalvi, Blake and Rogie. Christieann has a smile and laugh to die for, Jason EXTREMELY helpful and patient and the rest VERY friendly! Also housekeeping and maintenance were awesome! Would definently stay again!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Terri
"Where's my refund??"
So I booked a trip for my mother and sister to stay at the white sands while I was at another hotel for the week of our wedding. Placed a 50 dollar deposit for the room and was supposedly going to have that refunded 2 business days after the stay was completed. It is now three months later and despite multiple attempts to get my deposit back they have refused to do so. I called the front desk and the girl said I would have to call my bank to call their front desk for the refund to be issued. My bank said that was not how it works and I shouldn't have to go through this much trouble getting a simple deposit back. So I call white sands again and the girl laughed at me and said the bank needs to call them. The hotel was ok, my mom and sister had problems with the AC breaking down the first day which was replaced the next, we waited a very long time to check in because only one staff member was taking care of guests while two others staff members behind the desk were doing arts and crafts of some sort. I do not recommend this place!!!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Clint
"Sweet gem white sands"
this is a great gem!!!! Perfect if you are someone who is out and on the go. Easy walk to the beach right in the middle of the action. Very nice staff very island style if I were to stay more than one night. Bring my own bedding. Lovely lovely place pretty pool garden. Would tottaly stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Anne
"It's all good!"
The staff was the greatest. The rooms were good and everything was close, the restarants, stores and beach were all in walking distance. We loved it and will stay again.
3 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
Victoria
"Not recommended"
I thought I got a nice deal hotel, but there was a $70 dollar convenience fee/day and $25 parking /day. I dont understand what the convenience fee is for. No free continental breakfast, wi-fi is only available on the lobby and the receptionist said I should not even be using internet on our vacation. I brewed coffee on our first day and didnt get any replacements. The street where the hotel is does not look safe. No parking available on our first three nights. We were forced to park 5 minutes walk away. The only good thing about this hotel is the kitchennete. But the pool view is not good either. The street view is terrible. I swear I will be getting a much better hotel next time.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
frank
"Old hotel in the middle of Waikiki beach"
We had a pleasant experience with White Sands for our first trip so we decided to book this hotel again for our second trip the following year. Who would've thought the room type could sway one's experience so much? In our first trip, we stayed in a room facing the courtyard and it was lovely and quiet. The tropical breeze that flowed through the room was just amazing. We didn't even need to turn on our AC. In our second trip, we stayed in a room facing a street and that was absolutely a nightmare. It was noisy and no air flow inside the room. The jacuzzi was closed. We regretted to give the White Sands another stay. In general, it's an old hotel so you'll get what you're paying for. The positive things are its location - very accessible to anything: food, stores, beaches, parks within minutes. We only recommend this hotel for the courtyard facing rooms. Other than those, book your stay somewhere else.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Old but primo location, amazing staff."
Old hotel so room conditions are older style, but super clean. Amazing staff, best pool area and location for the price ever in Waikiki. Been going there for years-will continue too!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
akkiwi
"One day staycation"
Not the nicest hotel, but our stay was well. Room was comfortable and we had the pool side view.. Staff were friendly and very helpful .. I would stay here again..
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"OK hotel"
The hotel was OK, our biggest issue was parking. The hotel did not have sufficient parking and we had to park off site, if we had known this we would not have stayed there. The hotel charged $25 for the limited parking they did have, which in our experience in Hawaii, is about twice as much as most other hotels there. The cleaning left a little to be desired also. All in all, if your not driving, it's an OK hotel for the money.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Hotel is in a great location, close to Waikiki Beach, shopping, and restaurants. Hotel parking is $25/day and while there is free parking nearby, finding a spot is near impossible at times. There is also metered paring available on the street, free after 6pm, but also hard to come by. The hotel itself was slightly dated, but overall clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is free wifi in the lobby only and a computer for guest use, however the Internet is expensive ($5/30 minutes, more to print) and slow. Overall, a good place to stay as a hub for exploring the area, but definitely not the place to go for a luxury vacation.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
CJ
"worst experience"
the room is noisy. there is a door between two rooms. the noise of TV, talking and song was transmitted directly thru the door. I told the staff to change a room, but had no positive response. it was the worst experience I had!
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Last Min hotel"
Staff was great, hotel not so much. You get what you pay for.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
isaac
"Outdated and uncertain of cleanliness."
Our room's carpet looked really old and we insure how clean it was so we just walked around in our shoes the entire time. The room has a kitchen which had electric burners but we never tried it. The paint on the walls was peeling and there were cracks on the grout all over the bathroom floor tiles and shower. The showerhead had a brown crust on it too so who knows how long it's been there. The room also had a playstation 3 for watching movies or playing games but i would've traded it in for updates to the room. It had potential but it needed some refurnishing and an update. Oh, you also pay for a convenience fee which covers internet acces but it's not available in the room. You have to go out to the lobby area to get the signal but you can ask the staff to give you a modem if there are any left.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Loved the front desk lady!"
Overall a pleasant stay. The frond desk lady really made it memorable though - lovely woman and a pleasure to be around.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2014
"Decent Waikiki hotel"
Staff members were gracious and friendly, especially considering we checked in late Christmas Eve. The hotel has made the best of crowded Waikiki. The rooms are of decent size and the kitchenette was a plus though a bathtub would have been nice rather than just the shower. On the downside, neither room we were offered had the requested queen and single, despite having made the booking almost six months in advance; the first one had three singles and the second one had two doubles. The next-door neighbor's hacking cough could be heard clearly through the connecting door, which made it hard to sleep. Note there is no elevator if you have lots of bags. The term "city view" is a bit of a misnomer as this is a three-story hotel surrounded by taller buildings.
4 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Satisfactory stay"
Good location. Friendly and very responsive service.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Cheerful staff!"
The staff were delightful. The location is close to many activities.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Really bad experience, customer service was bad."
When I came to the hotel, I wanna wifi in the room, they don't have the wireless wifi, only module, but it didn't works. The customer service said they will fix this later, I wait and wait, and I have to call them again, then 5 hours passed, they didn't fix this. I asked them to cancel the hotel, they said I need contact Expedia, When I contact Expedia, they said White Sand Hotel didn't allow. It was late that day, and I have to book an expensive hotel, because I had a video meeting next day. Bad, really bad, made me cost another $300.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Tina
"Authentic 1950's old style charm...attentive staf"
Perfect for a solo getaway- authentic 50's charm, laid back. & private.. Convenient & colorful area. A little seedy on the street near by but no problems. Stayed here as home base while I traveled to other islands.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
solo traveler
"Pass On This One"
Toilet ran all night. The place is really old. They charge extra for parking but did not have any available. I tried to cancel the rest of my stay after the first night. They refused and said it could not be cancelled. I asked them about parking on the street and they told me my car had to be moved 1 1/2 hours before the posted time. The air conditioner sounded like a 777, I would be real careful when booking something on line. The pictures look 5x better than the experience.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Business Travel
"Better on pictures than in real life"
Not sure how this hotel got 3.5 out of 5, definitely looks much better on pictures than in real life. Close to city center but neighborhood is very sketchy with a bunch of drunks in a bar next door yelling outside all night. Kitchen sink was leaking underneath, asked them to have it fixed, a maintenance tech/plumber came to work on it, but it seemed like he was fixing something else, because the puddle of water on the floor was there again the next day, from EXACTLY the same place it was leaking originally, so i have no idea what he fixed the first time, but come on i'm not the plumber here.....so most of our stay was with water on the kitchen floor and they only took care of it after we checked out, which is not much help. Also i found a pin on the floor when we arrived, good thing i wasn't walking barefoot otherwise that might have been bad, so not sure how well they vacuum the floors either. Overall very disappointing in reality compared to the promising pictures.
5 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
older but better than expected. needed a bug treatment. cockroaches behind fridge and in silverware drawer, and 2 baby centipedes in bathroom. not unusual for Hawaii, we know, as former kama ainas, but needs attention. wifi worked great. aqua shuttle very convenient. location great if you don't have a rental car. staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Good location."
The hotel isn't too bad. By means it is not very luxurious but it is nice. One bad thing about this hotels location would be that there is a loc bar right next to it that has people just hanging out late at night next to the hotel. Never had any problems but didn't really like that.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Horrible"
thin walls no room service leaking ceilings bad neighborhood some staff lies to get you in the door hidden fees over priced parking no elevator no queen sized beds you can hear your neighbors toilet flush no smoking rooms or smoking on premises lamps don't work Don't stay there !!!!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Nice hotel close waikiki center"
Everything was fine, 3 stars to the facilities as the wi-fi is only available in the lobby
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Ale
"Great location, few amenities."
No WiFi in rooms.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
It was good. The hotel is old and small, but clean and comfortable, good location.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
stella
"Good Hotel For This Price"
It's old, small but good price hotel. Very nice garden with pool and good location. No elevators, you have to make good exercise to move your staff to 3rd floor.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Dimity
There were centipedes all over the bathroom and the air conditioner didn't work very well. BUT, it was nice and quiet, the staff was excellent and it's a nice little escape from the noisy crowds of Waikiki. A good budget hotel for a night or two in Honolulu.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great location, simple and relaxing"
Perfect location, quick walk to an ABC store, Starbucks, and the block of street market. Two block walk to Waikiki! Like most Hawaii hotels, it's old and seen its wear and tear, great staff, comfortable hotel and awesome price!
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Stefanie
Good deal for the money, location is fine, Parking is terrible.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
good place to stay.but they charge for parking $25 a day.
"Convenience Fee"
The hotel room was about what I expected, not much. There are only about 10 parking spaces that you will be charged $25.00 a day (average fee for Waikiki), BUT the spaces are extremely narrow and if everyone does not park exactly evenly in between the lines you will not be able to get into your vehicle. I also observed that some hotel staff will park in the lot and you may have to wait for them to come and move their car before you will be able to park. You will also be charged a $10.00 a day "CONVENIENCE FEE" for use of a Waikiki Trolly that is already being funded by Ala Moana Shopping Center and other Merchants in the area.
Jon