All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here325 Ward Pkwy, Kansas City, MO, 64112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
"Luxury at Country Club Plaza"
The Raphael delivers superior service and comfort which makes its substantial room rates good values. We found the staff to be unremittingly courteous, helpful and competent, the room comfortable and spotlessly clean and the public areas of the hotel comfortable and quiet. A chance remark at registration that we were in town to celebrate an anniversary produced a complementary bottle of wine and chocolates delivered to our room. The complementary valet service hustled to provide our car without delay. When a small camera was inadvertently left behind at checkout, the hotel made a significant effort to conveniently get it to us. We can recommend this property without reservation.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2013
"Raphael Hotel"
A beautiful, historic hotel in Kansas City, MO. The service was very accommodating. . The rooms were pleasantly comfortable. A wonderful place to spend a weekend shopping in The Plaza.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
chris
"Comfort and Convenience"
Nice boutique hotel, service was wonderful, close to shopping, beautiful park for running behind hotel.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Fabulous hotel on the plaza - my favorite!"
We had a fantastic evening in the city - great ambiance!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Great choice"
Rooms were spacious, clean, well appointed and staff was courteous. Very close to plaza. We opted to buy the breakfast package and it was well worth it. Food was delicious and you could either it it in the restaurant or room service.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2013
Tulsan
"A bit disappointing"
This historical hotel is way more interesting than your typical chain, and its location next to Country Club Plaza is good. Beyond that, however, I was a bit disappointed. Our 2 Queen Suite wasn't especially roomy for our family of four and there was no door between the bedroom and living area. Although I checked in as a family of four, we only received 3 towels all 3 days were were there. (I know we could have asked for another, but if 4 check in, shouldn't you get 4 towels?) Our bathroom's tile ledge had a layer of dust and grime as well as hair stuck to the tile wall. The day we ate breakfast in the hotel, we were forgotten after we were seated. The hostess apologized and found us a waitress. When we were ready to leave, our waitress had gone missing and someone else had to bring our bill. It's a good thing we weren't in a hurry. It's a pretty, elegant old building, but if we visit the Plaza area again, I'll try another hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Midwest867
"Anniversary Boutique hotel"
Great staff! Got upgraded to the best suite on the corner of the Plaza! Lots of finer touches... definitely recommend.
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2013
Happy Husband
My daughter and I stayed for one night and totally enjoyed our stay. Ease of walking to the Plaza and the staff was awesome. We would stay again when we come to the Plaza.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Great, comfortable, convenient hotel in KC Plaza a"
We loved being at the Raphael. My husband and I decided it was the most comfortable bed and pillows we had ever had in a hotel. The lobby is small and a little dark, but the staff are friendly and do their best to be helpful. When the 2 parking lots were full, the bellman took our car and valet parked it at n/c. The thing I appreciate most about the hotel is that they don't nickel-and-dime you - no charge for parking or internet. We didn't eat in the hotel at all, but walked over to the Plaza a couple of times. We went to see baseball games, Kansas University, fireworks in Kansas, and several museums, and nothing was longer than 25 minutes away. The room was clean, comfortable and on a corner so we had a lot of light. I have only 2 suggestions: first, we arrived on July 4 and asked several members of the staff where the best fireworks would be and, honestly, they could have had more information. Secondly, there was a basket of snacks out in the room and, although it was part of the mini bar, it didn't say so (we probably should have known) but the 3 snack items I took cost $24.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Close by many great restaurants and local retail s"
great service here
2 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Anniversary"
The Raphael is a dreamy hotel! It allows you to imagine what life may have been like back in the 20's. It has a ton of charm and transports you to a different time... even if you're from Kansas City.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Great customer service"
We had never been to KC before and got a recommendation to stay near the Country Club Plaza. I always like to stay at an independent hotel vs a chain as I feel like you get a better picture of where you actually are. The Raphael did not disappoint. We got to know the valet and bellmen and they couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. The room itself was very comfortable with a sitting area and desk. Location was wonderful with the proximity to the restaurants and shops at the plaza. Also, the Chaz restaurant in the hotel was wonderful for drinks and entertainment!
Other trip May 6, 2013
JD
"A place to match the Plaza"
A unique property and style that is easy to appreciate.
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
"Ok stay"
This was our first stay at the Raphael, we were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. The hotel was beautiful. Our television did not work properly, we had to have maintenance in four times to fix it, that was frustrating. Staff was not very friendly, at check in or at check out. I had to ask for information about the surrounding area. It was very upseting, given the fact that we were celebrating our anniversary.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"A wonderful getaway"
My wife and I had an open evening from the family and elected to stay at the Raphael. While there were many choices on the Plaza we felt the Raphael would be a romantic destination. We were definately right. We planned on shopping and having dinner on the plaza so reserved a Studio room as we weren't going to spend much time in the room. I was concerned it may not be as nice as some of the more expensive rooms, but again I was pleaseantly surprised. A well appointed room that my wife and I enjoyed. We were greeted by the staff and treated well. We walked to shopping, came back and were ready for dinner just across the street at Seasons 52. Another hit! The Raphael helped make our getaway weekend special!
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2013
"Great hotel for a long weekend."
I have stayed at The Raphael before. it is my favorite hotel in Kansas City which is why I return.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
When we arrived we were told that we had reserved a "standard king room" even though it was clearly stated that the room was to have been a king with a sofabed. We "upgraded" to a room with two double beds. Very difficult for me and my wife to sleep in a double bed. please explain. Thank you (A beautiful hotel though!). We have stayed at this hotel for almost forty years and I do not believe that it has ever looked this good. The service was great!!
2 night trip Jan 24, 2013
"Christmas on the Plaza"
This hotel never disappoints, food is amazing, the sorroundings beautiful, the staff wonderful. By far my favorite hotel in Kansas City to stay at,
1 night trip Dec 23, 2012
Malinda
"The Raphael Hotel. Country Club Plaza"
Top notch service, excellent location, great stay
2 night trip Dec 31, 2012
Darin
"Raphael is tops!"
Great customer service! Room was awesome- had the Presidential suite and it was excellent! Staff was friendly and attentive. Very close to all the shopping and sights of the Plaza!
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012
Terry
"Fourtieth"
Superb!
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
"First class with a homey feel."
My only complaint is that the first room we were in had too much noise from the water flowing through the heating pipes for us to sleep. The staff moved us to another room close by and everything was great. We enjoyed the food and wait staff at Chaz restaurant, conveniently located just downstairs from the lobby. The location next to the Country Club Plaza is perfect.
3 night trip Dec 17, 2012
"Excellent Stay in KC"
I have stayed at The Raphael over the last 20 years. This is the best it has ever looked. Really friendly people. The Bar Manager at Chaz was amazing...making everyone feel welcome. They had Jazz which was good fun. Excellent location with lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.
Other trip Dec 20, 2012
"Superb service at the Raphael Kansas City"
Warm welcome, attentive staff and a greeting from all hotel personnel when passing in the corridor. Top service from bar tender in Chaz bar (evening of 12/13) and breakfast server (12/14). Size of public areas is pleasing - no large sprawling lobby. Cosy but upbeat and modern restaurant and bar. Room was large and comfortable with well stocked mini bar, very deep soaking tub and thoughtful provision of bathroom tolietries. Well positioned just steps from the Plaza. I would recommend for leisure and business travelers alike.
Other trip Dec 19, 2012
"wonderful place to stay"
We just love staying at the Raphael. it has been our Christmas getaway for several years now and hopefully many more to come. It is beautiful and the staff very nice. The location is great for Plaza shopping.
2 night trip Nov 30, 2012
"Wonderful stay"
We stayed here for our "mini moon" and it was fabulous! The staff are friendly and helpful! The plaza is great too and beautiful!
2 night trip Oct 21, 2012
Katherine
"My go to hotel in KC.....every time"
great location, beautifully furnished, friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Great Hotel!"
Clean, attractive, great location, nice fitness center, friendly staff. I'll stay here again!
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2012
Katy B
"great view of the plaza"
excellent location, excellent service oriented staff. had a minor mishap with housekeeping and hotel compensated me with free breakfast for two. would definitely stay here again
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2012
"GREAT KC Destination!"
A GREAT hotel - GREAT room - GREAT staff - perfect location!
Other trip Jul 31, 2012
"Great Plaza Hotel"
Location is perfect for the Plaza shopping and dining.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Awesome experience."
The staff were all so helpful, friendly, and eager to pamper us from the moment we walked in. The room was amazing and beautiful. Just a short walk to the great shopping area. We will be back again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2012
"2012 stay v. 2010 stay"
We stayed at The Raphael in 2010 and had such a positive experience that we thought it worth a repeat visit. We booked a king room and it was tight. Room service barely squeezed the breakfast trays onto the table. We stayed three nights and our room was not made up until after 3pm each day and the housekeeping staff just gave it a lick and a promise: I accidentally left an apple core in a napkin on the floor by the bed and it was still there the next day, after the room was made up. The desk people and the valet people were extremely helpful. It is very conveniently located for what we wanted to do. Our Plaza View room was an obstructed view. The lounge's happy hour times were not as posted and the service was appalling, but the mojito was excellent. The hotel did comp us one morning's room service because the safe in our room would not lock. I know this sounds picky, but compared to our 2010 stay, we were a little disappointed.
Other trip Jul 20, 2012
K.
"close to good shops and restaurants"
It was good and staff was pleasant.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2012
Pat
"Birthday getaway"
This was a great hotel for a short getaway. Exceptional service and the room was VERY comfortable. We were located near the elevator and I was concerned at first we would hear a lot of other guest coming in and out of it but that ended up not being a problem which allowed for a very relaxing stay. Also, easy walk to the plaza so we didn't have to take our car anywhere while staying at the hotel.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2012
Susan G.
"Great Hotel!"
Booked Raphael shortly before I arrived and the front desk had not yet received the information for my reservation. They were polite and accomodating and quickly got my family registered. Just a couple hundred yards from the plaza. Great location! I'd love to stay there again!
Other trip Jul 9, 2012
"#1 hotel in KC"
I have been at many of the hotels in the KC area and The Raphael Hotel is the best. Great beds, great location and excellent service. Will be back.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2012
"Problems with Check In"
The Raphael was a great hotel, but we were very inconvenienced by not being able to check into our reserved room on time. We were told the room would take 45 minutes to be cleaned and ready. So, we decided to take a stroll around across the street at country club plaza to kill time, after we had Already been on our feet touring KC all day mind you. Unfortunately it was a very hot day outside, so the 45 minute stroll and shopping was Not ideal. We headed back to the hotel where we had to wait an additional 45 minutes past the original promised time. Front desk was apologetic, but an hour and a half past check-in time for a reserved room isn't acceptable. We were completely exhausted and it really threw a wrench into our plans. If this had not happened, I would have no complaints whatsoever about this hotel. Room service breakfast was great, spacious beautiful suite, and I loved the deep soaker bathtub. I just wish the hotel would not have Caused the exhaustion that led to Needing to unwind in the bath!
1 night trip Jun 9, 2012
Exhausted
"Title"
We were surprised to find we had a great suite; the Expedia description didn't mention that. The furnishings were in great shape and the rooms were meticulously decorated. It was a great experience.
Other trip Jun 12, 2012

"Highly commended hostelry"
Small bathroom but well equipped, generous toiletries and spotlessly clean. Plenty of room in King Suite. V. helpful staff. Hotel restaurant perhaps not offering sufficient variety - really only full meals and at upper end of scale. But a few paces away is Country Club Plaza and vast choice. Some minor quirks - the water system sometimes has an air bubble in it and can play thunderously for a short while. But overall a charming place, nice atmosphere, excellent staff, good location. What's not to like?
Other trip Sep 14, 2012