All hotels in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

• Value
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Breakfast is average

"Nice hotel, *very* friendly and helpful staff."
The hotel was fine; nothing spectacular, just a solid place to grab a bed and a shower. It was cool to have a balcony overlooking the harbour. The real strength of this place is how helpful and friendly all the staff were. I really don't think I've encountered and more lovely group of people working in a hotel. From the moment we walked in the door, they were bending over backwards to help us out and make sure we were enjoying our stay.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Value for money....great staff (thank you for commenting). I will share with team.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Very welcoming and friend staff!"
I had to travel to Halifax from our home out of province for medical reasons and experienced the warmest welcome from the front desk staff. They went above and beyond to make us comfortable. It was very heartwarming. Thank you. The room was large and clean, breakfast was a welcome treat and the coffee was very good! I will definitely stay again. It is just what you need, a clean room, great rates, close to everything and with great staff. The only difficulty was the parking but no big deal. We made out alright.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Great feedback, thank you and I will share with team. We send you our well wishes.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Busy Mom
"Overall, a good hotel."
Hotel staff are very friendly. Breakfast is simple, but is OK. Parking is less convenient since it is located in downtown area. Very close to ferry terminal. Good for the relatively low price.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
The Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel has the best staff, great location...and much more. Thank you for those comments. We do offer a breakfast that is competitive for limited stay hotels. And we have the only underground parking of hotels in the area. Having said that, we all have areas to improve upon. Thanks.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Very disappointed with the room. Blinds were not closing properly. Hair dryer did not work. Had to plug in our cell phones in the bathroom as there were no additional plugs in the room.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Some great product feedback that has been shared with housekeeping and maintenance. We will do better. Thank you.
8 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Amazing Discount Hotel"
2min walk to ferri terminal, fantastic breakfast included, coffee & tea all day, extremely helpful desk staff, hot showers, excellent stay overall!
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We are so proud at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel....5 stars! Thank you and for sharing your comments.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Houston
"Disappointing Accommodations"
Good thing i booked this at half price through Expedia to try out. Very disappointing as to the room size, air conditioning needs updated, as do the entire hotel. Morning breakfast was lacking hot items and was a vain attempt to be competitive. From years of staying in Halifax-Dartmouth area, this facility has been the most disappointing! The only benefit was access to the ferry and local restaurants. Recommend that you find another hotel, such as Holiday Inn Dartmouth Harbourview.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We are so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and see the value. There are some other great hotel options in the area, perhaps a better product, but we have the best staff service and we are always striving to do better. Thank you for your comments.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Decent Central Hotel"
For the price that I paid it was a decent hotel. Wouldn't pay full price for it as it is outdated and could have stayed someplace nicer for the same price. Location is great! Staff were extremely friendly! A small but good breakfast served in the morning. Parking is a bit of a pain as the garage will only take very small cars...others have to park in the gravel lot and if you're not there early enough there won't be any spots left.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Like all hotels we have our challenges....we focus on service and a clean hotel, and value for money. We have a great location as well. So lots to be proud of, and we will always strive to do better. Thank you for your comments.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"very good"
Excellent service. The ladies at the front desk are very nice
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
First impression matters....are front desk are awesome...as are all our team members. Thank you.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Irasema C.
"when reservation means nothing"
Did booked room with two double beds but just got room with one that was squeaky. According to staff that was upgrade because of better view. Well who really needs view for one night when is check in at 8 pm! No apology from the staff.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
I am so sorry as this is certainly not the norm, and our staff have the ability to ensure our guests leave with satisfaction. We will work on this...thank you for taking the time to comment.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
M
"Divided opinion please read"
Location A+, customer service and staff A++, price A+, breakfast C. Where they fail is in the room category and my bad experience was there also. The beds are not comfortable for general info. When I walked into my room with my husband we got hit with this extremely strong smell of chemicals. We tried to air out the smell, put baby powder, cologne... Nothing worked. We advised the front desk and she wAs extremely nice, she even came to our room and noticed the smell too but she couldn't change us to another room as the hotel was fully booked. So what we did is keep the patio door open all evening and nit, put on the fan full blast and kept out of the room for as long as possible that night... How stupid to pay to do this.. Anyways, I woke up the next day with body and aches, my nose and sinuses were hurting for much and I had an extremely bad migraine. My husband vomited all day. We later found out that they had done a Treatment to the room earlier. BAD idea to let people sleep there. We are not animals and they should hAve put it out of order until the treatment smell was gone. Still 3 days past this experience both my husband and I are extremely sick with headaches, stomach ache and body aches. This is called chemical intoxication and for this reason I would never go back there. They are very uncaring.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Ana
"Nice hotel, wifi sucks"
Nice hotel, but wifi is very slow. Good hotel location. I will recommend this hotel.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for recommending the the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. I will take a look at wifi.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Alahakoon"
Very Nice hotel n staff. Better improve the breakfast.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for rating our hotel and staff at 5 star. The team at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel work hard to provide great service and clean comfortable rooms. Have a wonderful summer.
3 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Alahakoon
"So Sad"
Problems with parking, problems with the door key, had to get the door key changed at least 4 or 5 times in less than three days. I expected more. The staff was ok, they did their best.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We will take your feedback on the key challenge and test some door locks. Thank you for taking the time.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
We were not advised of additional cost for cot or that funds are held on your credit card. Also it is nice that they allow pets however the dogs never stopped barking.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
The staff and management at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel apologize for your less than wonderful stay. We will better and allocate guests away from pet friendly rooms, and ensure that all our technical processes are in working order. Holding funds on a credit card or cash advance is a standard hotel industry practice to ensure incidentials are covered.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Not recommended at all!"
Staff was friendly. Breakfast was basic minimum however, quality of food was very poor. No water in the washroom, we were assured that a refrigerator would be provided, however, it was not setup when we arrived, and when the request was made, staff informed us that there were none available. Beds were comfortable.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
The staff and management are so sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. We have received a great number of wonderful comments on the hotel this summer and we are sorry we failed you during your stay. We will strive to be better.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
sandra
I found the beds very uncomfortable, and had to pay for parking. That should be included with staying there
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We do have complimentary outdoor parking and a minimal fee for indoor parking. The only hotel in Dartmouth that offers underground parking, great for raining days or winter days....
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Loved the staff who were always friendly."
I had to switch rooms after the first night. My husband became sick and we needed separate beds. The front desk staff to the room staff cooperated. My husband and I appreciated the new accommodations.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
The staff at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel are awesome...thank you for staying with us.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Margaret
"Nice hotel, walking distance to ferry."
The hotel was very clean, the staff was excellent, the front desk hostesses and host were very friendly, very helpful, always smiling. The breakfast of 3 diff cereals, 3 diff bagels, waffles, 2 juices, yogurt & coffee all day was fantastic. Would definitely stay there again if we decide to do another 14hr drive from Montreal LOL My only complaint is the outdoor parking area, next time we will park inside and pay the extra fee.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for rating the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel 5 star. We are so proud of hitting a home run with you on your visit. Correct we do have underground parking, only hotel in Dartmouth. Have a safe drive home. The 5 start team.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Shelley
"good value for money spent"
I had no problems with hotel or staff. the only complaint i would have is with other guests parking. parking area is small and some guests were not considerate when parking, in a slot.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for staying at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. We do have underground parking, great for those days of winter and rain. It is a bit tight. Have a great summer.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
cyn
"good place to stay"
Older hotel - in excellent condition. Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Everything is very clean and in good repair. Continental breakfast (basic breakfast stuff) in large pleasant breakfast room.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for rating us a 5 star. Awesome and we will share your comments with all the staff, we do weekly so we can be better. The staff at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel work hard to get a 5 star rating, and the closest hotel to Ferry to Halifax. Makes us a great choice.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Close enough without paying the price"
The location was everything for this hotel. I found that many of the hotels in downtown Halifax were pricey while this was in Dartmouth it is only a few minutes walk from the ferry. The surrounding neighbourhood was not the greatest but the price was worth it.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
The Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel is the closest Hotel to the Ferry to Halifax. So why stay anywhere else... Our hotel is located in downtown Dartmouth, an area that is experiencing some wonderful changes to local business development and high end residential buildings. So the city centre is going through some great changes.
5 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great ferry ride to Halifax"
Very pleasant overall experience largely due to the wonderful staff.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel we pride ourselves on great staff and an affordable awesome hotel.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Jean
"Safe and comfy spot for cheap"
Moderately large rooms, polite staff, parking available, cheap price, balcony in room, fridge/microwave in room. I have stayed here twice and will continue to when staying in Halifax/Dartmouth.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for staying with us, and a 4 star rating. We offer clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price, with great amenities. Please do stay with us again.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Nice hotel Close to the ferry"
When we arrived we were a bit early but staff got us checked in as soon as they could. It wasn't until we got up to our room that we are realized there was a mixup with the booking, we had booked a king but instead we got a double. Immediately the hotel staff was quick to upgrade us to the presidential suite!! It was a bit outdated but very clean (both rooms). It was a short walk to the ferry.. I would highly recommend this place!
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. The staff at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel are the best, and do their best to accommodate all guest requests. We are the closest hotel to ferry and that makes it easy to visit Halifax. Have a great summer!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Adrienne
"Small room with running toilet"
We booked for a family of 5, but the room only had 2 beds and very little room to comfortably put a cot. The toilet was constantly filling and got worse during our 3 day stay (although they did give us a discount when we checked out). The free breakfast was satisfactory but not great. We saw no oceanview as it was not very close to anything except the bridge across to Halifax (short car drive).
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. My apologies as your experience with your room and view was not great. I have a check list being used to test all aspects of our rooms, so that toilet issues are addressed before we rent the room. I know that some of our rooms types have a challenge with size for a cot. We hope that your summer is going well.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great bike friendly hotel."
Friendly efficient staff. Safe secure motor cycle parking.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Underground parking is key at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. Great to keep your bike safe, do some work, keep it clean. Great bike friendly hotel. Thank you.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"great overnightvstay"
what a location, able to spend my 58th bday in halifax via the ferry great time great hotel and would not think twice about staying at this hotel again.Thanks for the memories
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Happy B-Day! Thank you for staying at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel and sharing that experience with us. Have a great summer!
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Gregg L.
"Great Hotel and Value for Money"
I stopped in for 2 nights for business in Halifax and from start to finish it was a good experience. The hotel was clean and convenient. The staff were friendly and courteous. And they even went over and above by providing little things like an umbrella when the rain fell. I will stay with them again. Recommend as well. Good value for money.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thanks for staying with us on business and we do have a great location for Dartmouth and Halifax. Close to bridge, Ferry, Burnside and much more. See you soon.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Mizey
"very convenient hotel"
Had not expected too much based on other reviews, but took a chance, and will return there without hesitation, Staff were super, Room (upper floor) was clean, quiet, with a lovely balcony with a clear view of the water and the Halifax skyline. Great value for money - also has a well equipped gym and underground parking included.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We are so happy that you chose to stay with us, our staff are great and we have a wonderful location close to Ferry to Halifax, close to shopping and Burnside.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Jack
"NA"
I booked a king sized bed and got 2 doubles instead. Liked the balcony.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to send us a comment at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide a 3 star rating experience. Not our best. We always strive to hit 4 to 5. We have a great view of the Halifax harbour or the city of Dartmouth.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"It was the cheapest hotel..."
Hotel needs a few renovations. View on harbour? We had a view on the funeral home just below. No ameneries close by, should of paiid a bit more and stayed in Halifax.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Apologies for your lack of a great view. 50% of our rooms face the ocean, and one of the best views of Halifax Harbour. We have been busy and it has created some challenges to give all our guests a great view. I really hope that you have an opportunity to return and we give you our normal 4/5 star service and product.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Rose
"Oldie but a goodie"
For a decent price you get a decent clean room, and a decent breakfast. Where they really shone was at the front desk. All the staff were delightful. I was also impressed with the housekeeping ladies. Keep up the good work.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Wow! We certainly will keep up the great work at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. We have one of the best kept secrets in Halifax Dartmouth. A great view, underground parking, free breakfast, free wifi and much more. Thanks to all our staff for their hard work.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Vito
My welcome at the front dest was friendly and professional. All staff I encountered were pleasant. Room was clean but a little dated. The price was very completive for the area. Walking distance to restaurants and fast food. The only issue I had was paying for outside parking. I would not hesitate to stay here again
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We hope to see you back soon. The hotel is a tad bit tired, however we have refreshed our approach, and product. Great service culture, and ready for a busy summer. Have a great summer.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
margo
"Excellent Staff"
staff allowed us to park in front main doors and offered to keep eyes on our truck and canoe. Staff was extremely helpful with me being pregnant. Will stay again
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you taking the time comment. Wow! Great service towards our guests to eliminate some stress. We have indoor and outdoor parking, however i agree sometimes it is easier to keep our car closer. We look forward to welcoming you back.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"great service"
Great hotel, great service great everything, if I go back to that city I will stay at this hotel.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you. We pride ourselves on proving great service, and being a hotel close to ferry to Halifax, and our amazing location we need to keep it up. And we will.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
Fallon
"Room smelled and the tv kept going black and white"
Room door would not allow the key card to work often
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Apologies for your poor experience. We have checked all rooms in the past few days. And as I type we have a service call with our cable provider. At times we know the magnetic keys fail, our apologies and we will do better next time, as we hope you give us another opportunity to provide the awesome service that many of our guest experience.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Dartmouth Ocean View"
Hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. My daughter and I arrived very late, and they were extremely accommodating. The desk clerk even walked my daughter up to the room, while I went to park the car.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Patrick
"Nice view of the harbour"
We booked through Expedia so there was a miss communication to the hotel they had our reservation but they said they had over booked so we had to take one room and then move the next day to another one as we were there for a week
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We have one of the best views of Halifax Harbour. And we aren't afraid to boost to anyone who will listen, add that to a walk to Halifax/Dartmouth ferry. Why stay anywhere else. Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. Thank you.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent staff! Very accommodating! They go, over and above their duty! Rooms are clean and soundproof! Check in and out was quick. Hotel was easy to find. Walking distance to the ferry. Breakfast was good, well supplied, helpful staff. Room has fridge, microwave and balcony.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We have an awesome team at the hotel that work hard to provide great service and a clean comfortable product. Many of our rooms do have additional amenities for longer stay guests and families over the summer.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Laurie
"Nice Hotel close to Dartmouth Ferry."
Convenient location with free parking.Friendly staff with continental breakfast.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
5 Star experience, thank you for sharing. We are so proud at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel of our service, and this past week we celebrated that with our staff and guests.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
paul
"awefull customer serivce at oceanview hotel"
The awefull experience started walking into the reception area. I felt like i was disrupting the reception from doing her own thing. She was not friendly she only smiley at my boyfriend not me. When she spoke to me i found she spoke very rudley. However when she spoke to my boyfriend she was very polite. They say that they put us in a queen bed (that we ordered) our bed is a queen and this bed was not a queen bed. When we went down to go out she was no were to be seen when i say hello to ask about the bed she came out eating something and just asked what we wanted. The proceeded to argue with me about the bed size. The pictures of the inside of the room online and the actual thing was very different. I told the front desk receptionist that next time my boyfriend would go see her withou me. That is exactly what happened when our key card were no longer working after getting back from supper. She did not seem to want to help at all. The first smile that we got was the next morning from the receptionist. We told her a bit about what happened and asked what she could do for us to go back. I told her that would for someone to cal us. THis was the first time ever that my boyfriend stayed in a hotel and i was very angry that this was not a good experience for him. I have stayed in 16 hotel since 2010 and this was the worst customer service that i have had.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
My deepest apologies for your recent experience at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. I have taken the time to meet with all managers, and front office staff. This incident has been addressed and we recently used this as a service case discussion with entire team. We strive to ensure all our guests feel welcomed and appreciated, and in this case we didnt do that. However if you chose to stay with us again, we will wow!. Thank you for being so candid in your comments and we appreciate all comments that allow us to be better at what we pride ourselves to be.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Truly enjoyed our stay! Only had to walk one block to the ferry which took us across to Halifax! Excellent! I highly recommend this hotel for it's convenience! If we had known we could of taken the ferry over once we arrived by train!
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for your comments, and you are right we are so close to Halifax Ferry, Alderney Landing. An awesome view of Halifax harbour. Why stay anywhere else.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
Electricman190
"Great penthouse suite with a view"
The owners of the last hotel we stayed in recommended this one as they always stay here when visiting Halifax. We were very happy to find that we were given one of three penthouses with a great balcony and view of the city skyline one way and waterfront the other way. Comfy king-size bed and enough closets to stay quite a while. Two mon walk to passenger ferry over to old city Halifax and Citadel. We will stay here again next time we are in town.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
The Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel has the best view of Halifax Harbour and our penthouse suites provides a unique venue for a meeting, and family...etc.. A nice balcony above the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"not bad for the $$$$"
this hotel is a good value for what you pay. good service, excellent rates. comfortable, clean rooms, the washrooms could use a renovation. the breakfast wasn't the greatest, very few choices. very close to the ferry and liquor store. $10 cab ride to dt Halifax.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Great value and we have suites to accommodate families and long term guests. Hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
Jenn
I had a pleasant stay here. Very helpful and friendly Personal. It's in my favour list!!
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Glad to see we are on your favourite list. We hope to see you soon again from the west.
8 night trip May 2, 2014
Martin
"nice view but if u r driving you have to pay toll"
it's an old fashion duplex hotel but still nice.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We have a great location to the ferry to Halifax, and correct to go to Halifax there is a bridge toll of $1. Thank you for staying at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel, we know you had a choice. We have been here in Dartmouth for a few years, however our service keeps improving.
1 night family trip May 2, 2014
Syed
"Nice enough"
Not bad, especially for the cost. The included breakfast was extensive and very good with excellent variety.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to comment, we provide the best value and service that is second to none.
Other trip May 9, 2014
Claire
"Bargain rate"
It's warm dry and close to where I want to be. The room rate is very reasonable. The neighbourhood seems safe and is relatively quiet. I stAy here whenever I travel alone.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for staying with us when you are in Halifax Dartmouth.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
"Dartmouth"
Ok plain hotel fare. underground parking tight.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We have a great hotel, with some limitations, however no limitations on hotel product...okay maybe a tight underground parking.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Dartmouth"
Ok plain hotel fare. underground parking tight.
Response by Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
We have one of the best locations in Halifax Dartmouth and imagine in the winter, underground parking. Thank you for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014