All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
200 Brookstown Ave, Winston-Salem, NC, 27101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Rather comfortable
    Awesome vibe
"Great Find!"
This was a great departure from mid-level chain hotels. It is a charming inn, with a lovely courtyard, a house cat named Sally, and a charming dining room for breakfast (with a good buffet). The rooms appear to each have different furnishings, which are somewhat basic. It is a converted old building, so some of the hallways are connected with uneven ramps and steps up. The cable in our room was not properly set up, so we had very few channels. There were also very few convenient outlets for charging electronics. But it was a great price and I would definitely stay there again, if in the area.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Christina
"Delightful Surprise"
Beautiful, historic inn with enormous rooms serves amazing breakfast, too!
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
Phyllis
"Historic Inn"
The Brookstone did a great job. Enjoyed the complimentary glass of wine and cookies in the evening and the complimentary breakfast. By staying in a historic building you also have to appreciate the age of the facility. The location was extremely convenient for us.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Just amazing to have something so old stand the test of time and be adaptable for today
Other trip May 24, 2015
Jon
"My daughter's graduation weekend"
It was something different for my lady and myself. We enjoyed our stay and we are planning on going back to stay just to get away and relax.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
ronald
"Hotel with character"
This charming hotel is located in the historic district of Winston-Salem. The surrounding is pleasant and interesting sites of the city are within easy walking distance. The room was extremely spacious, rooms and the hotel lounge are unique. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Lovely"
Great large quaint room. Breakfast was way more than usual continental. We loved it and it was close to restaurants. Sally the courtyard cat let me pet her.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Gail
"Too Hot"
I woke up in a sweat and got up to turn the air down. Nothing happened. It was too warm in the room and the AC wasn't working. Then they call my room 3 times at 11:45 to "make" sure I was checking out, when I was trying to get packed. Then when I mentioned the AC she didn't apologize or anything. She stated that was the complaint of the day and someone was called.
Other trip May 9, 2015
DMB
"Don't settle for one when two are requested."
I booked a room with two double beds. I was given a suite with one double bed. My bed partner snored and laid in the center of the bed. I got no sleep. I should have demanded a room with two beds.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Excellent Ambiance/Comfort...Lacked Tech Amenities"
My husband & I stayed at the Brookstown Inn for both pleasure & business. We were very impressed with the ambiance and overall comfort of the Inn. The staff was professional, helpful & friendly. The room was HUGE and furnished very well (inclusive of an updated bathroom). I was impressed by the "makeup towel" that was a nice feature. The Inn offered cheese & wine as well as cookies & milk each evening, which was a nice treat! The complimentary breakfast was delicious and very filling and I would like to mention that the dining room was furnished & set up like a finer dining brunch restaurant (very nice). The only complaints we had (which was VERY frustrating & subsequently annoying) was the lack of electronic comforts. The Inn advertised on both the website & in the room brochure that HBO was available (we watch Game of Thrones on Sunday evenings & we didn't want to miss it).....HBO was NOT available. The TV had terrible static which made it impossible to watch. When we inquired about HBO at the front desk, they said that they are aware that the Inn advertises it, but that it is incorrect. Hmmm.... My husband is an attorney and we were in Winston Salem for a federal hearing he had on Monday. It is crucial that he have internet access. The complimentary Wifi was awful. My husband had to use his personal cell phone data to "hot spot" internet, which used A LOT of data. Lastly, my husband needed to print documents to take to court & the "business center" printer did not work.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Allyson
I enjoyed my stay. Staff was pleasant, there was a guest reception, late evening snack, and nice breakfast included. Room was nice. It was a nice change of pace from the traditional hotel. Also, it was close to the minor league baseball stadium, which allowed me to easily catch a game.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Jerry
"Wonderful Brookstown Inn"
I have and do travel internationally. I have stayed at several very special places. The Brookstown in rates in my top five. Granted that I do enjoy historic buildings and prefer ones that haven't been overly modernized. The mortis and tenon construction that is visible plus the wonderful woodwork just made me feel at peace. The staff and service rivals any modern Washington DC or Manhattan hotel. You could justify a trip to historic Winston Salem just to stay at the historic Brookstown Inn. Outstanding hotel with refined service and old world charm.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"not a fan"
One of the strangest places I have ever stayed - my bi-level room had a plug-in electric fireplace and huge windows that were completely covered by external structures - so it was kind of like sleeping in a huge, brick cave. "Complimentary" wine and cheese was actually ONE glass of complimentary wine. Person down the (very, very long) hall from my room had a dirty plate sitting in from of their room the whole time I was at the hotel. Hotel was extremely dated - bathroom cabinets and towel racks were made of old plywood, shower was moldy and furniture was run down. Overpriced and unimpressed - I will not be back.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
"Winston-Salems Past Comes Alive"
It's a very unique hotel. Built in an old cotton mill. The Brookstown Inn is located in downtown Winston-Salem. The room is a multi-level 2 room suite that's very comfortable and fun to hangout. The bedroom is on the upper level and the lower level is a living room with a fireplace. The downer was that there was no working internet and the living room TV did not work. Breakfast was included, but the staff seemed detached from the quests. I like staying in a piece of history and I'd stay again. There's more to see.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
"I have not been this impressed with a hotel in a V"
I have not been this impressed with a hotel in a VERY long time.... Character...fantastic energy and GREAT employees... reasonable prices.. unique rooms... If you like history stay here...independently run and owned.. It is run right...!
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
"lovely and clean!"
I lived in Winston Salem twenty years ago and remember this inn. and I so enjoyed staying there last weekend. great staff. lovely clean room. I hope it is not another twenty years......
1 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
"Very nice, friendly Inn."
This is a really neat Inn in downtown Winston-Salem that was converted from an old mill building. Loved the room with it's fireplace and sitting area. Staff were great.
Kyle
"We really, really liked the hotel."
We chose the hotel based on its proximity to Wake Forest University. It was easy to check in, the staff were friendly and helpful in providing information and recommendations for nearby restaurants. It was nice to have the wine and cheese after we checked in and the milk and cookies later. We stayed on the fourth floor, the room had high ceilings and was very quiet. We would choose to stay here again if we return to Winston-Salem.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Roger
"I will definitely stay again!"
I traveled to Winston Salem for business and decided if I was going to be in a historic place I wanted to stay in a nice historic inn. The Brookstown inn is beautiful, the rooms spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. The inn staff are friendly and I loved the wine and cheese in the evening.
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Tammy
"College visit"
Complimentary brkfst excellent - white linen. Bed time cookies and milk - tasty and thoughtful.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Janet
"great atmosphere"
Great atmosphere. The converted mill creates a space both pleasing and unique to the town's history. Conveniently located to both restaurants and the Arts district, as well as Wake Forest.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
I has a weekend getaway and chose Brookstown Inn due to the convenience of being near downtown Winston. Loved it. Walks to downtown were roughly a mile. Staff was tremendously friendly. Will definitely recommend and will stay again I'm sure.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
layla
"lovely restored inn"
my husband booked this hotel for my daughter and I, we stayed here on our first night of a college 'shopping' trip. it was very nice, very well restored with the historic charm intact, our room was huge. the only thing negative was that the 'happy hour' didn't materialize as the bartender didn't show up and no one had a solution on who could open a bottle and pour a glass for the guests. the cheese sat on a tray nearly untouched... lovely property other than that.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Keith
"great place for business or recreation"
Great place, room was impeccable, staff friendly and stay well worth it. Nicest place in the city
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
W
"Quaint hotel with history & charm!"
I always love my stay here...it's always been a treat! Wine in the evening for adults and a bit later milk & cookies. The staff is always knowledgable & helpful. The rooms are beautiful & have so much charm. The beds are so comfortable...you'll sleep like a baby! I couldn't say enough good things about this beautiful hotel!
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Valentine's Day"
My husband and I stayed there to celebrate Valentine's Day. The suite was very nice, comfortable bedding and nice large bathroom. Very convenient to Olde Salem.
Jane
"Curious mix of awesome and mediocre"
Our stay at The Brookstown Inn was frustrating. The whole place looked gorgeous, the bed was great, the staff was wonderful, the thermostat did nothing (it was too hot!), the in-room WiFi didn't support Android devices (appeared to be an Apple base station), the faucets didn't work smoothly, and the breakfast buffet was the same as what you'd get at a low-budget chain motel (minus the waffles) - although you ate the cheap buffet at finely appointed tables with cloth napkins and silverware. All told, I was left wondering why I paid so much money to stay there. From my point of view, looks are nice, but functioning amenities and quality food are better.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Wonderful, would stay again"
Terrific hotel. It has historic charm but has been updated to give the comforts of other hotels.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Good change from chain hotels"
Got into the hotel about 5 PM. Check-in was quick, was told Wine and Cheese tasting about to start. My room was quite large, 2 good arm chairs + small desk with chair. Could have used another floor lamp or two if I had been reading a paper book. Good color scheme, but spartan; I would have liked a few more pictures/ paintings on the walls. Bath large and comfortable. Plenty of hanging space for clothes. Decent Wi-Fi. Room incredibly quiet except for 2 occasions when ceiling creaked (presumably person above me walking, maybe in some heavier way than usual? Friends arrived, walked to dinner nearby which was good and inexpensive. Came back to find milk & cookies in the room adjacent to reception (a very nice room, also where the wine & cheese was done, with large chairs, sofa and several available areas to sit in smaller gatherings). Breakfast was good. + How often does a place with included breakfast have tablecloths and good flatware? Decent workout room also. Overall a very nice experience.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
murphree
"Close to home.. Great stay"
Even though we live within 30 miles, we decided we needed a little getaway. We picked the perfect location. The Brookstown Inn was beautiful, comfortable and clean, excellent staff, hot breakfast and reasonably priced. What more could you ask for? We even got a room upgrade. Looking forward to visiting again soon.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
mombooks
"A fun place to stay"
I nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was clean and most of all unique. I wish I didn't have to work so I could have taken advantage of the other services offered.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Nice weekend hideaway"
We were pleased with our experience here. The bed and bed linens were amazing and made for great sleeping. The towels smelled so good too. Breakfast was plentiful and very good.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Candice
"Great location!"
Great location! Central, easy access to everything! Staff was friendly and helpful! Nice to try Carolina wines at the reception and have a continental breakfast!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great historic B & B"
Great historic hotel. Love the charm. Consistent hot water was an issue but overall it was fabulous
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Cat lovers' delight"
This hotel is a conversion of an old mill and it has been done with sensitivity and with a recognition that modern conveniences are a necessity and they have accommodated both requirements well. The ambience leans towards the traditional but functionally the wine and cheese at 6 and the milk and cookies at 8 are a nod to the needs of the residents. Sally the cat is also a wonderful addition, she is obviously in charge but she is very discreet and wears her authority in very subtle ways. It's hard to go wrong if you stay at the Brookstone
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Ian
"My room was a freezer????"
It was terrible! The hotel room was freezing cold and when I turned on the shower in the morning and waited 20 minutes for the water to warm up, but it never warmed up so I had to take a cold shower. It was basically a miserable experience. It might be better to book a room in the summer.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
Anthony
"Nice and we would choose it again."
Stayed here to visit Old Salem. It is not quiet the 'short walking distance" we were led to believe, but still very close. Staff excellent. Room was spacious and comfortable. Everything worked. Breakfast is of the low-end 'hot breakfast' variety. Scrambled eggs (powder style) sausage, grits, gravy, biscuits, plus yogurt, pastry, cereal. Pretty good, but exactly the same every day (so on a prolonged trip, it gets old). Lots of interesting nooks in the room, and nicely decorated for Xmas, altho putting 2 smallish decorated trees in the breakfast roomwas a bad idea, as it was very crowded.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
kevin
"3rd time was good too"
My wife and I have stayed here several times, we like the clean spacious rooms, comfortable beds and historic setting.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Joel
"Depends on the Room"
I was on the second floor. There is no sound proofing between floors, so I had to ask the floor above to turn down their TV. But the room was huge, bed very comfi.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
David Eagleye
"Quaint in Salem"
The Brookstone is a conversion of an old mill which provides lots of atmosphere and a cosy ambience. The little extras, wine and cheese at 6 and cookies and milk at 8 were a nice touch. Sally, the hotel cat was a pleasant surprise and very friendly. The room (a junior suite) was well appointed and the wifi worked well. The breakfast, hot and cold offerings, was good and plentiful. The Inn is close to Old Salem and several reasonable restaurants. If you like a quaint place the Brookstone fits the bill
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Ian
"Very large rooms"
Was pleased with the large open rooms. Very comfortable and spacious
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"Charming"
Charming hotel in a beautiful old building with modern amenities.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"would stay again to explore the area"
our large room was on the top floor the arrangement of the two queen beds put the TV on the other side of the room, it was way too far away to enjoy. the Hotel was very nice, quiet, great breakfast. we only stopped for the night while traveling - easy on and off the highway
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Jeffrey
"Unique accommodation"
We have stayed three times at this Inn and each time gets better. Each room is unique. We are so comfortable here that we won't stay anywhere else. Good restaurants nearby. No complaints.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
susie
"VT loses to WF"
The ambience of the Brookstown Inn was awesome. It is so refreshing to see someone take an old mill and turn it into a place like this. We are looking forward to returning one day and spending more time there. The front desk individuals were very nice and helpful in suggesting places for dinner on Saturday evening.
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
Sherrie
"A Delightful Hotel"
As always, a delight. Hotel is well run and has personality. Free breakfast is better than most. Our room was not "business friendly" in a shortage of outlets for computers, phone chargers, etc. We have stayed in various grades of rooms and even the least expensive if much better than comparable priced hotels. A good choice.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"When in Winston Salem...this is a must stay."
Stayed at The Historic Brookstown Inn on a weekend getaway to watch the Va. Tech-Wake Forest game.The hotel is in an old cotton mill just a couple of blocks from downtown Winston Salem.The building is a wonderful restoration of an iconic factory,with it's old broken brick walls and huge timber supports,a wonderful atmosphere awaits you.We had a suite,with a comfortable queen bed,and a sunken sitting room below the sleeping loft,in a room with towering ceilings.The furnishings were top shelf,and the room with it's iconic roof supports and timber ceiling was beautiful.There is a wine and cheese gathering in the afternoon,and cookies and milk later in the evening in the hotel lobby.The morning starts with a continental breakfast,with eggs,biscuits and gravy,hot bacon and sausage,and a wide selection of drinks.The resident feline,wanders the lobby,and naps under the Christmas tree.This hotel was a pure delight.
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
Sherrie
I really enjoyed this hotel. The room was great as was the location.
tom
"Very nice place with comfy beds and good food"
Great people. Good food. The Cookies and Milk was a nice touch. Definitely will stay again.
Lauren
"Beautiful historic hotel."
Nice extras: cookies and milk. Wine and cheese. Nice staff and great breakfast. BIG rooms in a convenient location near downtown.