All hotels in Venice, Italy

Great Location & Neighborhood,
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Ashok
"Pros and cons"
GOOD:location very good. decent standard breakfast. free wifi in room with decent speed. BAD: very very small room & bathroom, even for italian standards (we were in a standard room on 4th floor). bad bed (uncomfortable and small). also thin walls and noisy cleaning staff. a few things didnt work like 1 lamp and airconditioning, but we didnt stay long enough to make a big deal out of it. it was march so window worked for getting cool air in the room. friendly and helpful staff in general. overall clean, but smelly closet. MY ADVICE: avoid if you are looking for some level of comfort. if location is your only priority then a good hotel.
5 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
DT
"Nice hotel in a great location"
This hotel is nicely located in the San Marco area of Venice. All restaurants and shops are in a very close walking distance. Only flaw was that our room had a very bad smell coming from the bathroom. Bed and pillows were not that comfy either but overall a good place to stay.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Elvin
"family trip"
excellent location, close to everything, room clean, excellent breakfast
2 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
Luis
"Not royal... But still good!"
I travelled throughout Europe for a whole month. Every single day I stayed at a different hotel because of deals etc. This hotel was great and would absolutely stay there again! I was expecting a royal hotel by the name, but I wouldn't say that after my stay. It was a great hotel, and nothing bad I could say. I was just thrown off a little by the name
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Wifi was fee of charge and worked well with my notebook. It was noted "with supplement of € .. " but I called the hotel and was told it was free so being free was no surprise. This was my xxth stay in Venice and usually I pick my hotels away from Piazza San Marco (Dorsoduro, Canarregio, etc) but it was a nice change to be next door to the Piazza and have a glimpse of it all the time. Price - quality ratio was good (about €65 per night for a small single with a tiny bathroom, shower cube. Was bearable since it was only for 1 person ). If more expensive I would have gone to my usual areas.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"good location close for everything"
i like everything but didn't like internet wifi no good can't use in the room i have to come in the lobby for use it!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
the location was remarkable.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Great experience, very helpful staff."
It was a great hotel, next to San Marco square. Furniture and facilities wasn't brand new, but everything clean. Rooms (standard ones) weren't spacious, but it was fine. Breakfast was good, and staff very helpful and competent.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Giovanni
The Royal San Marco Hotel is stunning - the rooms and public areas are beautiful, with canal views. It is a spit from St Marcs Square which is an excellent location. The only negative thing was that the bar was closed with no notice, so when we came back from dinner for a night cap, we had to go out again. The breakfast was good quality and efficient. I was a party of 10 people, staying just one night. We had a great time and was imp
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"We got lucky"
We had booked a standard double room for the night on our return from Istanbul and checked in late, about 7.45pm. For whatever reason, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite, what a knock-out. Large bedroom, lounge, separate kitchen and well appointed bathroom. The entire suite was super clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fresh and plenty of variety including my favourite, scrambled eggs and bacon, a first for Italy. Location is superb, about 100 metres from Piazza San Marco. You can't get better than this. This was our third stay in Venice in 6 weeks and by far the cheapest and best.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Nice hotel nice peopl very Good ubication"
excelent ubication, alot of problems whit the wifi .....,,
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
joaquin
"Closest to St. Mark's Square, but no elevator to t"
No elevator to the floor our room was on (yes, it was the top). Mediocre front desk staff. No wifi in the rooms, even though the signal reached us.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Super location for Venice. Fifty paces to St Mark"
Great breakfast and accommodations. Arranged luggage pick up for us and anything else needed. Clean and perfect for that local feel.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"That's Venice -The only review you need to read"
I read some bad reviews so I was hesitant, I know Venice, it takes ages to walk around it and everything is pricey. Most workers in Venice are not paid to appear happy, they way you get treated is a reflection on yourself. There are millions of tourists and not every waiter outside wants to give you directions or even bother to speak English. That's Venice. The staff was mainly young people The manager was awesome, they greeted me and made me feel like a rock star. The room was better than I expected, it's Venice The furniture was antique and elegant, the wifi worked in the room, Venice is a place for you discover yourself, and people are very nice but can also be not interested in chit chat with every tourist that comes off the boat that goes into a shop and doesn't buy anything. This hotel was just perfect, easy to find as there are 100's of signs that lead to San Marcos Square and it is very easy to get lost in Venice. So that alone is a really great reason to stay here, but it was perfect for me, you shouldn't be spending too much time in the room anyway you should out seeing Venice, and the beds and couches and shower were just fine for getting refreshed after walking miles and miles through Venice, and you will walk for miles, that's Venice, ABSOLUTELY STAY HERE!
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
Adam Brenner
Graet location right behind Piazza San Marco. Hotel has spacious suites and very clean! only setback is that you have to hire a porter to bring luggage to hotel as it is not accesible by water with taxi, but worth the effort for exchange to proximity to center within walking distance to all.
2 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
Piero
"Perfect location"
All was great except that the hotel had no WiFi in the room. A four star hotel MUST have WiFi in every room.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
mario
"In the heart of San Marco"
Small but clean. Wireless service horrific. Pencil thin showers. Good breakfast and adequate AC. Friendly service. Location great. American travelers will be happy with price & value.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Bella
"Nice Hotel, Great Location"
This hotel was quite nice, and was certainly in an outstanding location, very close to St. Mark's Square and its must-see sights - the Basilica, the bell tower, the pigeons(!), and my favorite, the Doge's Palace. There was notable dust on the light fixture in the bathroom, making me wonder how often it was given a thorough cleaning...for the price I would have expected everything to be immaculate. Everything else was fine...spacious room, comfortable beds, nice breakfast. Not cheap (but what is in Venice?), but worth staying at.
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
Ben
Great location right off San Marco square. Easy walk from ferry stop, and to and from major sites.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Nick
"Venezia and San Marco"
One block from St Mark's Square over a canal footbridge. Terriffic. Had a bedroom a large living room with A/C that worked great. Staff was wonderful as well.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Russ
"My first experience in Venice"
It was ok. My stay was only for one night. Just beware if you do plan to use their Wifi. It's not free, you need to pay for each 30 minutes... Twice the connection was cut before the due time, so I was charged for very bad internet connection. Other than that the breakfast was good.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Marushka
"Location was the only positive"
If I return to Venice, I would look for another hotel to stay at and wouldn't recommend this resort to a friend. The cons: 1) wifi was listed as free, it didn't mention it was only available in a select area OUTSIDE. The hotel. 2) Breakfast was listed as available until 10:30am, when we looked for it at 10:00am, it was not easy to find and was already closed. 3) An additional fee of 4 Euros per person per day was added on afterwards, even though we had already paid a tax and service fee. The ONLY pro: the location is perfect, it's a 10-second walk to St. Marc's Square. There are several others hotels in that area, including one directly across from this one. I would suggest looking into one of those!
2 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Allan
Very nice location, close to Piazza San Marco. We travelled with a child and got a very big room. Our stay was short, but we enjoyed it so much. Strongly recommended.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Close to everything. No transportation needed."
Pleasant and comfortable. Upgraded to suite. Guest receptionists very helpful. Just bring extra soap and toilet paper.
3 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Staff needs major attitude adjustment"
Front desk clerk seemed bothered when asked a question. Very rude overall. Room was clean and comfortable. Would not stay there again.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Small rooms but great location"
The hotel was a great deal for the location. Room was old and really small, but it's Venice. Great location just a 5 second walk from the Piazza di San Marco and plenty of restaurants/shopping. Staff was helpful and breakfast was good.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
TV was programmed for only three italian channels. I think, it should be easy, to provide international channels at the room. Without this complaint, all other was perfect.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
"Valentines Day"
It was a very very nice room. I got the three bed suite and it was gorgeous. The only thing was that the tv in the master bedroom didn't work. Other than that it was beautiful.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Israel
"A true 3 star hotel"
I got the room next to lift. Someone has to, so I cannot comment. And it was hotel staff that made the noise, at 7+/- am, not any guests. Totally inconsiderate. Do not go to breakfast at 930. Either go early, or late. Either there are no tables, or no bread, or no forks, or no.... Small room. But rarely seen a big one in italy, and this was not the worst size.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2013
"Close to St. Mark's Square"
Very nice....we got upgrated to a suite and it was Awesome....The locations was very close to all the sights.
2 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
"Helpful & delightful staff. Great location"
Room 404 bed was awful.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Emily Z.
"Service disappointing"
The dining service was horrible. Never any food or clean tables
2 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Connie
"great location"
The hotel was in an amazing location and was very charming. The staff was helpful and breakfast was great. You have to pay for wifi but we only stayed for two days and welcomed the break from technology. The room is small and shower smaller but it's Venice and we'd give up the extra space for the amazing location of the hotel anyways. What's important to us is a bed we fit comfortably in and a place we can walk everywhere from.
3 night trip Sep 8, 2013
Amanda V
Rooms very small, said their was Internet but could not connect, breakfast was awful , dirty tables , no service , empty food trays . Had to ask to clean table ever morning to be seated. Many patrons walked out. Not hospitable at all.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
Mary C
This is good hotel to stay, walking distance to St. Mark's Square, good breakfast.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2013
FromBoston
"Regret booking this hotel"
Staff was terrible, no confort in rooms, worst breakfast ever, wifi at extra charge and it only works in lobby's not in your room.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Fantastic location"
Spacious room. Superb location steps from passageway to Piazza San Marco. Easy walking access from San Marco water taxi stop. Full breakfast; wonderful air conditioning. Will recommend to friends.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Average Italian tourist motel"
A hotel similar to others - clean and secure. One warning - their free wi-fi is terrible. You are required to go to a small room on the second floor of their adjacent building, and the signal strength is weak. We purchased the one day access for 4.50 and the signal as still terrible. In the two days we were there I had signal for about 1 minute each day.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Well located hotel just off St Marks Square"
Nice small hotel right off the Square. Friendly staff, nice accomodations, fabulous breakfast. Made us feel very comfortable in Vanice.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Bill & Joy
"it's complicated!!"
Well, when I booked the hotel, the pictures that were posted in the website were nothing like the room we got when we checked-in. it was simply horrible, trashy, old, and stinky. bags were all around the floor in the hallways. Room like that shouldn't be offer to customers no matter how much they pay. So i had to go to the staff and complain the day after, which wasn't that great!! But when the manager came who I found to be a very nice man, and changed the room for us, with a big smile, and that kind of changed my whole experience from bad to fine!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
imane
"Great location; great staff!"
We are a family of 4 generations traveling - ages 87 yrs to 10 yrs old. The hotel staff was superb. There was a problem with the air conditioning and, when it couldn't be fixed, they upgraded us to suite. The breakfast buffet was amazing with a great selection (even eggs and bacon!) in a lovely setting on the canal.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"You're paying for the location"
Okay hotel, rooms are small and old, smells old/poor ventilation, breakfast is unorganised and too crowded. You're only paying for the location.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
"Nice Location, Little Pricey"
Not worth it for the price. Get the cheapest hotel in Venice you can that is not dilapidated, the cost of this hotel isn't worth it. We barely spent any time in the room, which is very tiny, but they all are in Venice. Venice is expensive enough as it is, might as well save money staying at the Best Western across the street.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"AMAZING! I was so impressed"
When I got to the hotel they had moved me to their other property of St. Marks Square. I was very leary after having a similar experience the week before in Paris. The room was amazing. My jaw dropped when I walked in. Absolutely stunning! The entire hotel was great and the view, opening up the french doors to stare at St. Marks literally across the walking path. Even the breakfast was great. Coffee, juice, meats, yogurt. Just enough to get you going.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2013
Steven C.
"location location location"
the only thing to be appreciated about this hotel is the location....the service was poor, conditions of the room needed repair, lobby bathroom was not usable and the bar area was often left unattended so that getting a drink was hit or miss.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Charming Old World Styl"
Charming staff. Helpful with all requests. Assocaited restaurant service was excellent and very friendly. Rooms are small but very comfortable and design is very pretty. Location is great. Access is good. Totally enjoyed both of me stays
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Debbie
Great breakfast. Capacino was delicious and could help yourself. Wifi didn't work in room and just okay in public areas. Front desk was very nice. Location is excellent. Room was very small for three people
2 night family trip May 17, 2013
"Handy location"
If your going to Venice the hotel is in a great central location if you are walking to Doges Palace and its not too far to walk to the Rialto bridge.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Close to San Marco Square."
Room was clean and nicely decorated. Shower setup was small and awkward. No washcloths. Free Internet was nonexistent but once agreed to buy Internet minutes access was better. Close to Square, restaurants and shopping.
Other trip May 4, 2013