All hotels in Venice, Italy
San Marco 848, Venice, VE, 30124, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Valentines Day"
It was a very very nice room. I got the three bed suite and it was gorgeous. The only thing was that the tv in the master bedroom didn't work. Other than that it was beautiful.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Israel
"A true 3 star hotel"
I got the room next to lift. Someone has to, so I cannot comment. And it was hotel staff that made the noise, at 7+/- am, not any guests. Totally inconsiderate. Do not go to breakfast at 930. Either go early, or late. Either there are no tables, or no bread, or no forks, or no.... Small room. But rarely seen a big one in italy, and this was not the worst size.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2013
"Close to St. Mark's Square"
Very nice....we got upgrated to a suite and it was Awesome....The locations was very close to all the sights.
2 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
"Helpful & delightful staff. Great location"
Room 404 bed was awful.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Emily Z.
"Service disappointing"
The dining service was horrible. Never any food or clean tables
2 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Connie
"great location"
The hotel was in an amazing location and was very charming. The staff was helpful and breakfast was great. You have to pay for wifi but we only stayed for two days and welcomed the break from technology. The room is small and shower smaller but it's Venice and we'd give up the extra space for the amazing location of the hotel anyways. What's important to us is a bed we fit comfortably in and a place we can walk everywhere from.
3 night trip Sep 8, 2013
Amanda V
Rooms very small, said their was Internet but could not connect, breakfast was awful , dirty tables , no service , empty food trays . Had to ask to clean table ever morning to be seated. Many patrons walked out. Not hospitable at all.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
Mary C
This is good hotel to stay, walking distance to St. Mark's Square, good breakfast.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2013
FromBoston
"Regret booking this hotel"
Staff was terrible, no confort in rooms, worst breakfast ever, wifi at extra charge and it only works in lobby's not in your room.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Fantastic location"
Spacious room. Superb location steps from passageway to Piazza San Marco. Easy walking access from San Marco water taxi stop. Full breakfast; wonderful air conditioning. Will recommend to friends.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Average Italian tourist motel"
A hotel similar to others - clean and secure. One warning - their free wi-fi is terrible. You are required to go to a small room on the second floor of their adjacent building, and the signal strength is weak. We purchased the one day access for 4.50 and the signal as still terrible. In the two days we were there I had signal for about 1 minute each day.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Well located hotel just off St Marks Square"
Nice small hotel right off the Square. Friendly staff, nice accomodations, fabulous breakfast. Made us feel very comfortable in Vanice.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Bill & Joy
"it's complicated!!"
Well, when I booked the hotel, the pictures that were posted in the website were nothing like the room we got when we checked-in. it was simply horrible, trashy, old, and stinky. bags were all around the floor in the hallways. Room like that shouldn't be offer to customers no matter how much they pay. So i had to go to the staff and complain the day after, which wasn't that great!! But when the manager came who I found to be a very nice man, and changed the room for us, with a big smile, and that kind of changed my whole experience from bad to fine!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
imane
"Great location; great staff!"
We are a family of 4 generations traveling - ages 87 yrs to 10 yrs old. The hotel staff was superb. There was a problem with the air conditioning and, when it couldn't be fixed, they upgraded us to suite. The breakfast buffet was amazing with a great selection (even eggs and bacon!) in a lovely setting on the canal.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"You're paying for the location"
Okay hotel, rooms are small and old, smells old/poor ventilation, breakfast is unorganised and too crowded. You're only paying for the location.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
"Nice Location, Little Pricey"
Not worth it for the price. Get the cheapest hotel in Venice you can that is not dilapidated, the cost of this hotel isn't worth it. We barely spent any time in the room, which is very tiny, but they all are in Venice. Venice is expensive enough as it is, might as well save money staying at the Best Western across the street.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"AMAZING! I was so impressed"
When I got to the hotel they had moved me to their other property of St. Marks Square. I was very leary after having a similar experience the week before in Paris. The room was amazing. My jaw dropped when I walked in. Absolutely stunning! The entire hotel was great and the view, opening up the french doors to stare at St. Marks literally across the walking path. Even the breakfast was great. Coffee, juice, meats, yogurt. Just enough to get you going.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2013
Steven C.
"location location location"
the only thing to be appreciated about this hotel is the location....the service was poor, conditions of the room needed repair, lobby bathroom was not usable and the bar area was often left unattended so that getting a drink was hit or miss.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Charming Old World Styl"
Charming staff. Helpful with all requests. Assocaited restaurant service was excellent and very friendly. Rooms are small but very comfortable and design is very pretty. Location is great. Access is good. Totally enjoyed both of me stays
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Debbie
Great breakfast. Capacino was delicious and could help yourself. Wifi didn't work in room and just okay in public areas. Front desk was very nice. Location is excellent. Room was very small for three people
2 night family trip May 17, 2013
"Handy location"
If your going to Venice the hotel is in a great central location if you are walking to Doges Palace and its not too far to walk to the Rialto bridge.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Close to San Marco Square."
Room was clean and nicely decorated. Shower setup was small and awkward. No washcloths. Free Internet was nonexistent but once agreed to buy Internet minutes access was better. Close to Square, restaurants and shopping.
Other trip May 4, 2013
jane
"Very good experience"
Loved everything about this hotel except for the shabby condition of the building. Our room had paint flakes falling from the bathroom ceiling continuously and the wooden floor tiles kept coming up. Otherwise, service, staff, breakfast, etc., all terrific.
4 night trip Apr 14, 2013
From Florida
"PAY YOUR ROOM BEFORE YOU GET THERE!"
The hotel is excellent! Unfortunately, the staff is a snobbish! If you arrive without at least a reservation, they will tell you they have no rooms. The main reason is they keep their best rooms for the highest bidder on weekends because it is their busiest days. They told me they didn't have a room but I used their lobby Wi-Fi and through hotels.com booked a room right their in front of their own eyes! I got the best room of the hotel! We were 3 guests in a room that would comfortably fit 7! The staff was effective and immediate after this impasse. The hotel is beautiful and breakfast is a delight!
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
Paovmorillo
"Very close to S. Marco Square"
Loved it
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
I thought everything was wonderful except that I would have expected free wifi. When abroad, people want and need to communicate with those at home. I have an 81 year old father at home and I was very uncomfortable being out of touch. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"perfect for a single traveler"
I booked this hotel very last minute in Sep. It had such bad reviews that I was worried, but there were not many choices left. I was not disappointed: the location is superb. I liked the overall feel and consistency of the decor, including the keys. I lived in Room 602, basically at the attic. However, I could see the tallest bell tower on St. Marco Square from my window. How could I complain? I am a single skinny traveler. The beds are basically two separate narrow cots. I did not mind, but if you're a couple on a honeymoon, this will not be your ideal room. Everything is very clean. According to some reviews, the rooms on lower floors are better; however, they are not free to upgrade. They cost extra. The buffet breakfast in the hotel cost EUR 15. It was worth it to give me freedom to get full before a few hours of walking. It tasted good, too.
Other trip Dec 15, 2012
Girl_next_door
"Not fancy, but a nice place to stay for a few nigh"
The hotel is clean and convenient to St Mark's Plaza (It is trhough the Plaza and over one bridge# where the water taxi dropped us off and where the Vaporetto #public transportation# also stops. It is not a Hilton five star hotel, but it is clean and the staff is great. They answered all our questions, went on line to get our boarding passes, and did everything to make sure we were happy. St Mark's' plaza was flooded #It is that time of year when rain and high tides invade the area # so they gave us directions to eating places and methods to get around without having to buy boots or suffer wet feet and clothes. The breakfast of ometlet type eggs, bacon, a multitude of breads#Bagels, couisants, rolls, etc# cerals, and a machine that provide coffee, latte, capaccino, and expresso, was more than adequate. We would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
"Nice stay in Venice @ the Royal San Marco Hotel"
We had a nice stay at the Royal San Marco & Marco & his staff were great. Very helpful upfront with questions & concerns we had. The bar company across the street was very accomodating in bring our drinks to the San Marco lobby where it was more comfortable & more private for our small group. One suggestion would be to upgrade the beds. The overall stay would have been more pleasant if there wasn't flooding in the square to deal with, but then the hotel can't be responsible for the weather. Larry & Vicki H
3 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2012
"Location is Important"
Was a delightful stay. Close to everything we wanted to see. However, price is high. The breakfast is expensive at $15 euro/person but typical European style. You could stay another 2 blocks away and likely save $100 euros over a three day period. Great staff.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2012
"Two days in Venice"
Very cute hotel with GREAT location
1 night trip Oct 9, 2012
Dd
"Great Location! Clean and cheap!"
Right next to Piazza San Marco, so very convenient one you are there. It was somewhat confusing finding it the first night though. Room and attached bathroom were clean and staff was OK - my needs were few. Breakfast was not part of my room rate so I skipped the restaurant entirely. Best pice of advice i can give you is - do NOT go to the snack bar across the street.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2012
Mekhem
"Excellent location, small room, decent place."
The location of this hotel is excellent, a few meters away from San Marco square. I got a small room on the 6th floor, but it was never mentioned to me in the reservation that the elevator only gets to the 4th floor. You pay 50 Euros for internet for the week and the wi-fi connection is very weak at times and sometimes non-existent. The bathroom was always super clean. The TV had two channels in English (CNN and BBC). The staff was nice and spoke English. They wanted to charge me for phone calls that I never made, but removed the charges from my bill after I pointed that out. I thought that I had paid all charges to Expedia, but at the end they charged me 4 Euros per day for city taxes. The bathroom had a shower curtain and good ventilation.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Gustavo
"A hotel to stay."
I was fascinated by the cozy outlook in the room but other than a hard bed mattress, everything else was in place as a hotel room.This room is only fit for a single or couple travellers. Hotel located very near to any main centre of attraction in Venice. The staff are definitely helpful.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012
Al
"Great location, great hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay here. The location was great, right near Piazza San Marco, and the hotel was clean and well-appointed. Staff was also very friendly and helpful, and spoke English. One tip, take a good look at a map before heading there as we had a little trouble finding it at first.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Beth
We had a 4 days' workshop in Venice and booked 2 doubles and 3 singles. Location is perfect, staff is excellent, the rooms are on the edge (but the beds are really great - good sleep!) ... but the bath-rooms are pure horror, simply NO GOes!! I really regret - no recommandation ! You get more value for less money at other hotels in Venice.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012

Hotel was easy to find. Got off from the water bus from Rialto and took a 5 minute walk. There were signs pointing in the direction of San Marco. Hotel is very close to the San Marco square and Cathedral. Room was really small though which was expected in Venice. Breakfast was not the greatest with very limited variety. Hotel staff were friendly and helped us in giving directions/ tips on restaurants etc. there's stage show called "Venicia" which is a play about the rich and traditional history of Venice. Tickets for this show can be purchased at the hotel.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
Joel
MX
"Three days in Venice"
Super location, right behind the piazza. Very helpful staff, efficient (and vital) air conditioning, and outstanding breakfast. Room a little musty - but maybe everything in Venice is a little musty with the buildings settling and the sea rising? - and the bathroom had a serious ceiling mold problem. But again location location location, we had a great time.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"One night stay"
We stayed for one night in Venice on our Italian holiday. The hotel is in a very good location. However, the rooms are so tiny that you can't really do anything but sleep. No room to sit down. Breakfast was good but very busy and they had trouble keeping up with the food, the crockery and cutlery. The hotel let us leave our bags till departure time which was nice. Overall, a conveniently located hotel but very small and not really a 4 star.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Paulina
"Awesome Stay at Royal San Marco"
We had an excellent stay at the Royal San Marco. The hotel is literally 100 feet away from St. Marks Square. try to get room 423P as it has a 40 foot long balcony. The room had a 5 price washroom, a very large bedroom, a large sitting area with television and sofa couch and a large kitchen with fridge stove sink and table and chairs. Check out is at 11.00 and our flight out of Venice was 9:20 pm. The hotel staff had no problems allowing us the leave our luggage with them for 7 hours after checkout. Amazing stay!!! Well done Royal San Marco! Thank you!
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Darryl
"Venice - Royal San Marco"
A relatively small reasonably priced ( for Venice )hotel just off St Marks Square so very easy access.I booked a single room and that is what I had, which is unusual these days as yo so often get a double room with single supplement, so the size of the room was quite a shock but I only slept in it so no problem. It was however on the sixth floor and the lift only goes to the fourth, not a problem for me but could have been perhaps for another person. The room was right under the roof so most mornings at dawn (4.30) I was awakened by seagulls/pigeons starting their day.The staff were friendly and polite apart from the night porter who was somewhat disdainful.Taking into account the restrictions imposed by being in any old building right in the centre of Venice I think it probably value for money but not ideal if you want to spend lots of time in the hotel, rather than out and about around the city.
5 night trip Jun 29, 2015
Great hotel 2 min walk away from San Marco square so great location, staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was lovely. The only thing I would change is having a price list available for the mini bar apart from that fantastic hotel !
2 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2015
"Royal San Marco Hotel"
Great Hotel, so close to Piazza San Marco. Very spacious room for 3 and good value including breakfast for a hotel so central. The free boat trip to Murano was an unexpected plus.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
ANGELA
"Staff were very self important"
Staff were not very pleasant at all.
7 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Stephen
"Great location just off St.Mark's Square."
Spent three nights here. Good value for Venice. Was able to get to all the sites, a short walk to Grand Canal.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Fred
"Four days in Venice."
This was my sixth visit to Venice and I have stayed in a variety of hotels. The online reviews of the Royal San Marco made me quite anxious in the lead up to the trip and most of the reviews I had read turned out to be fairly accurate. I was travelling with my sister on her first trip to Venice so we deposited our luggage and went out in to the city for the rest of the day. I can only assume that when we returned to the hotel (around 6pm) only the worst room in the hotel was still available. The room was rather small but was very clean and the beds comfortable with clean linen and cupboards. The only thing that disappointed was the bathroom which, whilst spotless, had paint peeling from the ceiling in the shower cubicle. I immediately returned to reception and was informed that there were no other rooms available (even though I know that hotels have to keep at least one room empty). The receptionist was not at all surprised to see me!! I was told to return after breakfast to see what was available as people were leaving, which I did. We moved to an alternative room where the bathroom was much better and bigger but there was a double bed (and we needed twin beds!) Eventually we were shown to a "suite" in the second building which was huge, clean and perfect. The bathroom was obviously very dated and had mould around the bath (from age) but had been scrubbed clean and was perfectly acceptable. This is Venice after all!
Other trip May 29, 2015
phillippa
Sent to unclean room and for to give us towels on second day.
2 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
Rosita
"nice hotel very helpful staff would say to anyone"
wonderful experience all round nice people excellent eating places cold not have been better.
Other trip May 26, 2015
phillip
Amazing hotel in a great location
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Disappointing."
The only good thing was location. Breakfast very poor, slow & never clean plates, glasses etc available. No Tea & Coffee facilities in room. Staff unhelpful. Wouldn't stay again & pretty unbelievable it's 4 star. Booked as a treat for my husbands birthday, not cheap at all. Hugely disappointed.
Other trip May 18, 2015