All hotels in Venice, Italy
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereSan Marco 848, Venice, VE, 30124, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great breakfast. Capacino was delicious and could help yourself. Wifi didn't work in room and just okay in public areas. Front desk was very nice. Location is excellent. Room was very small for three people
2 night family trip May 17, 2013
"Handy location"
If your going to Venice the hotel is in a great central location if you are walking to Doges Palace and its not too far to walk to the Rialto bridge.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Close to San Marco Square."
Room was clean and nicely decorated. Shower setup was small and awkward. No washcloths. Free Internet was nonexistent but once agreed to buy Internet minutes access was better. Close to Square, restaurants and shopping.
Other trip May 4, 2013
jane
"Very good experience"
Loved everything about this hotel except for the shabby condition of the building. Our room had paint flakes falling from the bathroom ceiling continuously and the wooden floor tiles kept coming up. Otherwise, service, staff, breakfast, etc., all terrific.
4 night trip Apr 14, 2013
From Florida
"PAY YOUR ROOM BEFORE YOU GET THERE!"
The hotel is excellent! Unfortunately, the staff is a snobbish! If you arrive without at least a reservation, they will tell you they have no rooms. The main reason is they keep their best rooms for the highest bidder on weekends because it is their busiest days. They told me they didn't have a room but I used their lobby Wi-Fi and through hotels.com booked a room right their in front of their own eyes! I got the best room of the hotel! We were 3 guests in a room that would comfortably fit 7! The staff was effective and immediate after this impasse. The hotel is beautiful and breakfast is a delight!
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
Paovmorillo
"Very close to S. Marco Square"
Loved it
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
I thought everything was wonderful except that I would have expected free wifi. When abroad, people want and need to communicate with those at home. I have an 81 year old father at home and I was very uncomfortable being out of touch. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"perfect for a single traveler"
I booked this hotel very last minute in Sep. It had such bad reviews that I was worried, but there were not many choices left. I was not disappointed: the location is superb. I liked the overall feel and consistency of the decor, including the keys. I lived in Room 602, basically at the attic. However, I could see the tallest bell tower on St. Marco Square from my window. How could I complain? I am a single skinny traveler. The beds are basically two separate narrow cots. I did not mind, but if you're a couple on a honeymoon, this will not be your ideal room. Everything is very clean. According to some reviews, the rooms on lower floors are better; however, they are not free to upgrade. They cost extra. The buffet breakfast in the hotel cost EUR 15. It was worth it to give me freedom to get full before a few hours of walking. It tasted good, too.
Other trip Dec 15, 2012
Girl_next_door
"Not fancy, but a nice place to stay for a few nigh"
The hotel is clean and convenient to St Mark's Plaza (It is trhough the Plaza and over one bridge# where the water taxi dropped us off and where the Vaporetto #public transportation# also stops. It is not a Hilton five star hotel, but it is clean and the staff is great. They answered all our questions, went on line to get our boarding passes, and did everything to make sure we were happy. St Mark's' plaza was flooded #It is that time of year when rain and high tides invade the area # so they gave us directions to eating places and methods to get around without having to buy boots or suffer wet feet and clothes. The breakfast of ometlet type eggs, bacon, a multitude of breads#Bagels, couisants, rolls, etc# cerals, and a machine that provide coffee, latte, capaccino, and expresso, was more than adequate. We would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
"Nice stay in Venice @ the Royal San Marco Hotel"
We had a nice stay at the Royal San Marco & Marco & his staff were great. Very helpful upfront with questions & concerns we had. The bar company across the street was very accomodating in bring our drinks to the San Marco lobby where it was more comfortable & more private for our small group. One suggestion would be to upgrade the beds. The overall stay would have been more pleasant if there wasn't flooding in the square to deal with, but then the hotel can't be responsible for the weather. Larry & Vicki H
3 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2012
"Location is Important"
Was a delightful stay. Close to everything we wanted to see. However, price is high. The breakfast is expensive at $15 euro/person but typical European style. You could stay another 2 blocks away and likely save $100 euros over a three day period. Great staff.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2012
"Two days in Venice"
Very cute hotel with GREAT location
1 night trip Oct 9, 2012
Dd
"Great Location! Clean and cheap!"
Right next to Piazza San Marco, so very convenient one you are there. It was somewhat confusing finding it the first night though. Room and attached bathroom were clean and staff was OK - my needs were few. Breakfast was not part of my room rate so I skipped the restaurant entirely. Best pice of advice i can give you is - do NOT go to the snack bar across the street.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2012
Mekhem
"Excellent location, small room, decent place."
The location of this hotel is excellent, a few meters away from San Marco square. I got a small room on the 6th floor, but it was never mentioned to me in the reservation that the elevator only gets to the 4th floor. You pay 50 Euros for internet for the week and the wi-fi connection is very weak at times and sometimes non-existent. The bathroom was always super clean. The TV had two channels in English (CNN and BBC). The staff was nice and spoke English. They wanted to charge me for phone calls that I never made, but removed the charges from my bill after I pointed that out. I thought that I had paid all charges to Expedia, but at the end they charged me 4 Euros per day for city taxes. The bathroom had a shower curtain and good ventilation.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Gustavo
"A hotel to stay."
I was fascinated by the cozy outlook in the room but other than a hard bed mattress, everything else was in place as a hotel room.This room is only fit for a single or couple travellers. Hotel located very near to any main centre of attraction in Venice. The staff are definitely helpful.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012
Al
"Great location, great hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay here. The location was great, right near Piazza San Marco, and the hotel was clean and well-appointed. Staff was also very friendly and helpful, and spoke English. One tip, take a good look at a map before heading there as we had a little trouble finding it at first.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Beth
We had a 4 days' workshop in Venice and booked 2 doubles and 3 singles. Location is perfect, staff is excellent, the rooms are on the edge (but the beds are really great - good sleep!) ... but the bath-rooms are pure horror, simply NO GOes!! I really regret - no recommandation ! You get more value for less money at other hotels in Venice.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
"Best location for St. Marks"
Hotel is very nice, the room is a little small .
Family trip Aug 27, 2012
"Not so four star - especially the 2nd floor"
I don't know how this hotel gets a 4 star rating. I had a single room on the second floor - red carpet was old and had small stains and rip. Curtains didn't look washed for a long time - just in general disappointing. I complained and got upgraded to the first floor. Major difference between the two floors - this room was more in line with what's on their website. Very clean, nicely decorated, great bathroom. Breakfast for a four star hotel disappointing. I don't expect coffee from a coffee machine.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
The only disturbing thing was very strong smell of chlorus in the room, which did not dissapear during two days with window open. The rest was great. And the best thing of all was such close distance to San Marco!
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
We would highly recommend Caffe Centrale, which is opposite the restaurant that was suggested to us by the hotel. We are sure the one they suggested - La Colomba - is also excellent but we preferred CC because it was better attended on a Sunday (which is when we were there). We really liked our stay at Hotel Royal San Marco, and would happily stay there again. We will definitely recommend it to our friends. What we appreciated the most about the hotel was its location.
Other trip Jul 10, 2012
"Perhaps the best in Venice!"
The location of the hotel is remarkable - maybe 50 meters from San Marco square! We selected this hotel for the nightly rate, but I believe it is as good as any I good have found in Venice at any rate. The staff were very friendly and ever so helpful, even assisting us with finding tours and transportation to other islands, etc. The room was admitedly small, even by European standards at about 3.6 by 3.6 meters (12x12 feet) plus a small bathroom, and was furnished with a queen size bed, 2 nightstands and a wardrobe. Our room overlooked a canal and the restaurant on the other side. The room was very clean and comfortable, although the bathroom shower was a bit small at about 0.6 meters square (about 2x2 feet), and even with the shower curtain it was hard to shower without getting water all over the bathroom. The weather was unusually hot for Venice during our stay, but the air conditioning in the room was the best I have ever found in Europe. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the nearest water-bus stop (Piazza San Marco), and if you use a luggage porter it doesn't get any easier. The area is full of great little Venitian shops and restaurants, and is about a 5 minute walk from Rialto Bridge and the Grand Canal. We did not eat at the hotel, but breakfast was offered, and the hotel also has 2 restaurants. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and would definately stay here again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2012
JB
"Location is fantastic. Privacy lacking."
The hotel location is it's best feature. It is 1 1/2 blocks from St. Marks square. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. The Expedia reservation was received and very efficient. The room was small and the shower was difficult but manageable. Our biggest complaint was the noise level. We could hear everything going on around us. I am certain they could hear us as well. Every door opening and closing. Every conversation and the TV could be heard clearly. From our perspective, we are glad we went, but may spend a little more next time and hope for more privacy. .
Other trip Jul 8, 2012
Not quite so - Wifi charge exorbitant - 9 euros an hour; cleaning staff forgot to replace plastic cups in toilets, left window opened whole day. The only merit is its excellent location, mid-point to east and west sides of Venice centre; close to major visit points & restaurants. A lot of walking in Venice and the hotel is close by for toilet relief as Venice public WC is expensive (1-2 euros).
Other trip Jun 16, 2012
"Great location to Center"
Awesome place and location. Beds were comfy. Nice location to Palace. Didnt eat breakfast......too expensive.
Other trip Jun 7, 2012
Travel Europe
"Tiny room, nice location"
Tiny bedroom (basically a bed and minimal room to walk around), terrible shower. Nice location though.
Other trip May 29, 2012

Amazing hotel in a great location
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"A brillient place to stay"
We are Catherine's parents for whom she bought the holiday. Our stay in Royal San Marco Hotel was excellent in every way. We were upgraded to a suite which was far beyond our expectations. We got a wonderful full breakfast which set us up for the day we also did not expect that. Management and staff could not have been nicer. The hotel is right beside San Marco plaza, which is most convenient to lots of the interesting places to see.
4 night trip Apr 26, 2015
Catherine
"Good hotel for our first visit to Venice"
The Hotel was very easy to find. Just get to Piazza San Marco, look for restaurant Quadri and go through the walkway on the left hand side, over a small bridge and the hotel is on the right. It was convenient for sightseeing and places to eat. The reception was very helpful with information and arranging trips. The rooms were small and very clean, but adequate for a short two night stay. Breakfast was excellent with a range of hot and continental foods. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2015
alan
"Short but sweet"
short trip, up the lane from San Marco square, fantastic bilingial staff, diverse breakfast we heard an American couple comment, finally a decent breakfast... it was way more than continental and included hot eggs and bacon, as well as cereal, pastries including donuts and great fruitsalad. For those that need internet it was free wifi.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Penelope
"The Royal San Marco contributed to a great Venesia"
We know Venice well. The hotel is in a great location. The staff on reception superb, breakfasts were a bit chaotic. Enjoyed the holiday and will stay here again.
4 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Small rooms"
Extremely small rooms. The picture on the website do not give a clear picture about what you would get. Give this hotel a skip.
3 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
IN
"Very handy and pretty hotel"
Excellent location , very nice hotel. Easy access to grand canal and walks away from plaza sant Marco .
2 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
Katarina
"Reasonably priced hotel close to St Marks Square"
Hotel is literally 2 minutes from St Marks Sq.Room was clean but a bit small could have a warmer in view of freezing weather. Shower was cramped, difficult to have decent shower. Good choice at buffet breakfast.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Hotel close to Saint Mark square."
I booked this hotel because the of the photos they show in their website but the reality is nothing compare to the photos. Staff was good and location as well.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Lovely traditional hotel, reasonable price for what it is. Would say the room was a superior delux yet still rather small with no amenities such as kettle (which I thought was strange). Would definitely stay there again and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Stef
"A little less conversation...a little more action!"
Like others, I read the reviews, but believe that there are always going to be people unsatisfied. However, in this case, I understand why. The hotel markets itself as 4*: unfortunately, this all depends on which room you are given. I ran hotels for a number of years...and the first rule is, you can and should only advertise your star rating if it consistent throughout the hotel. Yes, I could have complained...I shouldn't have to, because the hotel know exactly what condition ALL their rooms are in, and therefore are aware that some guests are not going to be satisfied. The fact that they are prepared to have guests stay in some appalling rooms says everything about their commitment to customer service and standards. So I would imagine that the reason the staff are so surly is because they are probably so used to people complaining that they expect it. The plus point is always going to be location, location, location. If you're not worried about the standard of the room that you MIGHT be allocated and just need a clean bed...then go for it, but don't assume you will receive a 4* room...you might be lucky, you might not. We had room 202...so reject it if you don't like a bathroom ceiling covered in mould, a shower curtain like wise, a toilet radiator covered in urine and rust, a blocked air vent full of dust, a remote control with no back cover, parquet flooring that lifts away and sticks to your feet and a wall full of dirty marks...all things that can be addressed.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Easy stay"
Great place to stay and very friendly team at this stop for me. Staff at the hotel where very helpful with any need.
2 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"right on s marco square"
room small but nicely decorated. staff very very friendly and knowledgeable. our room had practically no view to look but i suppose if u pay a bit more u would get a nice view. air cond a bit too noisy, fortunately we did not need. superb location.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
david
"Great location very close to San Marco Square"
Very impressed with the hotel and beautiful bedroom. Good continental breakfast with bacon, scrambled egg and selection of cold meats. Reception staff very pleasant. Was able to leave bags safely on check out.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"nice hotel, but watch out for the night staff"
We had an excellent experience when we entered the hotel. We were early, so could not check in, but the staff tried to make us as comfortable as possible and were courteous, professional, and kind. The provided a boat ride to a murano glass shop where we spent quite a bit of money. No real way to say if everything is legitimate as it was definitely intended as a sales push, but it was beautiful and we loved our purchases. Only drawback was the night shift manager who was excessively rude when i asked for help with the keys as i couldn't open the door. He was miserable. When i brought down my luggage, i left an adjoining door open and he was extremely rude, grabbed my keys out of my hand and said something in italian that i am sure was not kind. Too bad really as the overall stay would have been a 4.5 to a 5 without him.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Fantastic location"
The hotel was in a fantastic location right behind St Mark's square, it was very easy to find. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the room/suite was very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Ceals
Great location but small rooms
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Sidney
IL
"A luxurious stay."
Despite being small, the room was comfortable and luxurious and the staff friendly and helpful. A solid breakfast was included. Downside: we had to go to the dining area to get wifi access - it would have been helpful and convenient to have it in our rooms. We were there for just one night. Sleep was great until a group of tourists decided to get rambunctious and loud in the bridge right outside our window at around 4:00 a.m. waking us up. They laughed and yelled for a good 10-15 minutes and I was surprised the night concierge didn't ask them to simmer down. This was close to the hotel's front entrance so is be surprised if he didn't hear them. Other than that, super comfy bed.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Tanya
"Good position"
This hotel was in an excellent location to wander around Venice. Style of room decor was extremely 'traditional', and somewhat unusual. Bathroom however was excellent. Reception staff very brusque, and not particularly helpful. Drinks VERY expensive (€7 for a coke!), and breakfast simple. Overall though reasonable value considering how expensive Venice is on the whole.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Venice stay"
Excellent location , nice service rooms slightly old...
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Ayman
"Great location, loud room"
We stayed in this hotel for four nights from July 7-11, 2014. Our room was an average size (compared to high traffic tourist towns) and had a nice little balcony overlooking one of the canals. The breakfast room was large, however the food was average (so much sugar!). The bed was low but surprisingly comfortable, and sadly the air conditioning is loud if you're on level 4 (not sure about other levels) which makes it hard to sleep. Our shower seemed to only have one level of heat ... very hot! The room was tidied every day and the location was perfect - just a 60 second walk from St Marks Square - the ideal base. I was charged 80 Euro for a 10-min international phone call and I thought that was very steep, which put a sour taste in my mouth upon check out.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Pamela
"Feels like a Venitian hotel!"
The hotel itself is packed away in what looks like a shop window and when you walk in, it has the classic old world charm. Its small as is everything in Venice so do not be thrown off. The rooms are small-ish, especially the bathrooms, but its Venice! The staff was very friendly and organized. The location is unbeatable. It is a half a block off from the center square so no matter if you get lost, anyone can direct you back to the square and you can easily take two steps back to the hotel. Some of the rooms do not have good views, but they do have a few balcony rooms.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
andrew
"cant recommend it"
Staff are rude and services no good Location is Very good but rooms old , breakfast no good and air con Not effective Cant recomend this hotel
3 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
brian
I rely on a good internet connection (for biz) and of 8 European hotels (this trip), this is the only hotel to charge extra. The free service is available only in breakfast room (to stop costly night downloads??) and then my gmail didn't connect. Being told 'this is Italy' didn't help either. Another irate USA guest said.'his family could be dead and buried before he would ever know'. Another complaint was poor breakfast staff who were rude and unattentive... specializing in sliding chairs/table across the marble floor and collecting used cutlery with as much clatter as possible! (the likes of which reminded me of large Chinese restaurants although the latter can spill tea like no other!!). Tiny very decorated rooms + great location may not be enough to persuade me to make a forth visit to this hotel. Front desk staff professional and helpful.
3 night family trip May 16, 2014