All hotels in Waikoloa, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here69-425 Waikoloa Beach Dr, Waikoloa, HI, 96738, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Good deal"
We stay here every year. We have looked at other resorts like four seasons and fairmont but this is very nice and good deal
marc
"8 Days of Fun"
The hotel was amazing along with the staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There is a lot of walking but after a couple of days it was part of the charm to the place.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Hotel rooms could be more up to date"
Staff was great, scenery was AWESOME, loved the lagoon but was not impressed with the rooms
Alisha
"Excellent Hotel ! It is beautiful place ."
It was the most beautiful resort we ever been. The ocean views was awesome all around the property . The landscape throughout was just so relaxing to walk the grounds . The tram and by boat was so cool to get around if you did not want to walk. A very well recommended resort . I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
e.g.,lulu
"Beautiful but not user friendly"
Great staff but design not user friendly. Hotel is very spread out, the Monorail runs very slowly, boats not alway in operation, long waits for the travel form one locate to another. No outlets available to charge electronics and parking is very expensive.
2 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Bars, restaurants need to open ealier than 11:00. There's only one place to have breakfast and that's a buffet. Not very good when you have kids who only eat a couple pieces of bacon. Also need to stay open later than 5:00
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Awesome resort. The best I have known so far . They have everything except a beach with waves which can find 10 min from it.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Nice, but very large and spendy."
It's a beautiful resort and a great place to host my brother's wedding. The staff was incredible to work with. They did a great job catering the wedding and accommodating the party. The downside to this resort is the size. It's a 10 minute walk to the lobby from the Ocean Tower. The tram is nice, but the timing seems to always be off. There were times we waited for the tram and it took 25 minutes to get to the lobby. Crazy! And they try to make money off you every way possible. Every. Way. Possible. The restaurants at the resort are good, but overpriced. I recommend going to the grocery store at Queen's market for food. They have so many fresh options.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Beyond perfect resort has everything"
It could not have been any more perfect. Food, room, staff and grounds were all wonderful! Will be back!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
bevely
Wonderful experience I fully recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
vazquez
"Wonderful resort."
Outstanding resort with a wide range of ammenities to fit all ages. Beautiful grounds and views and plenty of dining options ranging from somewhat affordable to downright spendy. A lot of natural wild life to be seen, including mongoose, green sea turtles, and whales off shore (seasonal). Self parking or valet is expensive.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Brenda
"Expensive"
The hotel is isolated and intended to provide all you need in one spot. It has everything but at a huge mark up. The man made beach is tiny and the hotel grounds are surrounded by lava rock for miles. The big Island in general was a huge disappointment. The island is an ugly wasteland on one side and poor island trash on the other. The room was ok. There was black mold in the shower tiles and the furniture seemed to be a few decades old. The mini fridge was in the bathroom. ..which was weird. There is a $25 per day resort fee which gets you nothing. Then there is a $25 per day parking fee. For a five night stay for two we spent $2500 not including our flight.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Ryan
This would be a great hotel for a family with younger kids or a traveler that would like to stay at a resort close to shopping. If you like tennis or golf this would be a good option for you too. However, if you are a traveler that does not want to do the same ol' stuff you can do at home, I would not recommend this hotel. We had to drive a lot to see much of the Island. There are a couple nice beaches that are close to resort but everything else is 40 min. to 90 min. away. I thought the property was too large. If you stay in the Ocean Tower and forgot something in your car, it will take you 20 - 30 minutes to retrieve it. There is a tram and a boat that will help you get around the property but that made me feel like I was at an amusement park. I think the resort fee does not include much. I stayed at a 4.5 star hotel in Maui that included so much more than the Hilton.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Totally Overrated!!"
We stayed at the Hilton mainly for the pools, which were a huge disappointment. It was way overpriced for how few slides there were. Our older child could ride the big slide, but our younger one couldn't. No one mentioned a height requirement or the need for wrist bands until we walked up to the top of the big slide. It was very inconvienent to have to go find where these wrist braces were, and the little kid slides were on the opposite side of the hotel. Also the water in the pool was the coldest water I've been in! The food at the beach was very good but expensive. The rooms were nice and clean, and very spacious. One day i needed to call the front desk and was transferred four times to a never ending ringing phone. The check-in was also quite long! They should be able to anticipate busy season. I also had to wait in line again for a parking card. Overall I will never stay here again. We splurged on this stay and I was very excited about it. What a waste of money for the amenities. At least the room was nice.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
disappointed
"very nice room and very clean"
very relaxing setting with numerous options for family fun
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Very kids friendly. Good restaurants. Nice staff. Excellent pools
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Nice setting"
The hotel is huge and offers lots of different activities for kids and families. Checking in was nice and easy. When we arrived in the room (in the ocean towers) we found it spacious, but very basic. Old pieces of furniture, small bathroom with tiny tub, probably remodeled in 1985... The coffee station had not been refilled, so we could not make ourselves any coffee or tea. We decided it was no big deal and went out to the nice lagoon. The children enjoyed swimming with the fish and turtles... what a treat! Returning from the lagoon, we decided to take a shower, and found a whole bunch of black hair on the shower's wall. That was really disgusting. The following morning, we went for breakfast, and the staff was not really nice, we felt like we bothered them... After the cleaning crew had cleaned the room, we noticed that we still did not have any cups, nor coffee at the coffee station. And the bunch of hair still on the wall. At that point, I decided to go to the front desk and talk to the manager. At first, he looked annoyed, and then he was helpful, offering free breakfast for the rest of our stay and a hotel credit. He also said he would make a special note to the cleaning crew. The following day, the coffee station was refilled -finally, but the hair still there! I picked each of the long black hair myself. Yuck. I put them in an envelop and dropped it a the front desk with the manager's name on it. The day before leaving, we ended having a good cleaning of the room.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Sophie
"Nice hotel, Lagune pretty, Dolphin Quest"
Hotel is nice, rooms differ, renovated ones in Lagoon Tower are better. Dolphin Quest is aa real highlight. Different restaurants is good. Overall prices are high and you have to pay for everything. Overall hotel could be cleaner e.g. if guests leave room dining stuff outside their door it stays their sometimes for a day - may be hotel became to big. Boots going between the towers is a nice feature.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Family, 2 kids
"We love Hawaii!"
Its a very nice hotel and the customer service is excellent. I would love to have a real beach on the property. That is the primary downside. I guess the only other issue is the sheer size. The tram doesn't go enough. There is a lot of waiting around.
8 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
The 62 acre resort was impressive to say the least. Everything from the waterfalls in the pools to the flowering well manicured grounds sang of the beauty of Hawaii. I could live there and never leave if I was a person with unlimited resources. But I am not; so I had to leave....for now.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
We stayed at the hotel for a bit over a week. It is a nice place but a little below what we were expecting from Hilton. Overall, we had a nice time and would recommend the place to friends but would caveat that recommendation based on our stay.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Phil
The hotel and the facilities are wonderful at the hotel. It is close to the ocean & there is a lot to do at the hotel. We had a awesome time & would stay there again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Worst hotel I´ve been"
Well this is a kind o Disney hotel in Kona, lots of people, have NO beach, old facilities, uncomfortable rooms, not an option
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Juan
"Last night of vacation before our flight."
We just had a short time in Kona and our stay at the Hilton was perfect!! Filled with fun activities and amazing beauty! The grounds are just gorgeous and the kids and I really loved the lagoon and pools. The overall atmosphere was just incredible!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Becky
"Beautiful location for fifth trip to this island!"
We bought the upgrade to our package when we arrived and it was well worth it. Had a beautiful birthday week at the Hilton. Whales were breaching- we could see them from our room. ❤️Food was too expensive so we only ate lunches and one dinner and one breakfast at the hotel. Price for getting a photo from the staff photography was beyond ridiculous so we had to leave it. That made me a bit sad. Gorgeous sunset views great for walking around. We loved the swimming pools and were in the lagoon often. It was a neat experience and we would go again.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
d and r
"Below acceptable standards for a Hilton."
Hotel is not kept up like other Holton resorts or hotels. The extra resort fee, Internet access and daily parking fee is excessive. The food at their restaurants is horrible and the selection in their buffets in very limited. Personnel is rude and definately not there to make your stay pleasant or serve guests. Housekeeping only made the bed and changed the towels. No cleaning was done in the 8 days I was there. Very disappointed. Not acceptable!!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
world traveler
"Very expensive once your there."
The facility is beautiful !! However if you do not have a car you are trapped and the food,coffee,and everything is so far over priced. You also have to walk a lot. I felt like my wallet was under attack at every corner. The lagoon is nice but no beach with waves. Will not go back will not recommend to friends.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Nice for a visit but we won't be back again"
This was our second time to stay at this resort. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept, however the prices within the resort were way too high. Double what you pay offsite ie: snorkel gear $60 for five days vs $25 for a full week down the street and $30 for a pizza or $20+ for a very small Ahi salad (which had maybe 2 ounces of fish). The front desk made a big deal about the pool towel cards, ($25 if you don't turn in your card at the end of your stay) but the "pool" towels were no different than the in-room shower towels which were thin and cheap. Parking was $25/day for self park for hotel guests. The on-site activities were very expensive too. The rooms do have a small fridge in the room but don't purchase your beer at the convenience store onsite - $25/six pack!! The staff on the shuttle boats were the best - very knowledgable and personable.
7 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Cynthia
The staff was not very friendly, everything was overpriced, the valet was always under staffed. However, since your options are limited, the hotel is beautiful in that area. Our room in the Lagoon was amazing, the pool was fantastic, the paddle boarding was fun. The food on the property was subpar and over priced.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Total Tourist Trap"
This is a total tourist trap! If this is the only place you plan to go, there is plenty of entertainment for the kids. You will be charged a $30 parking fee. The parking lot is a easy 1/4 mile from the entrance to the hotel, where you will catch a train to take you to the building of your hotel room. (yes i said train...this place is huge...takes about an hour to get from your car to your room and back. lots a wasted time so beware) Expect to do a lot of walking. Cary a map with you, many people get lost trying to find there way around. there are no shortcuts...one way in, one way out.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
Thien
"Lots to do and see."
Can't wait to return. We did not stay long enough and included this on our Big Island vacation.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
KE
"Mostly good"
I was there for a conference. Very good overall- just be prepared to walk a lot! Lighting in room was rather dim
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
jennifer
"look elsewhere if you are staying on the big islan"
I left a longer Google review but I will sum it up quickly here. Ridiculous fees outside the cost of the room. 50 dollars a day for the resort fee and to park your car? Give me a break. This place is out in the middle of nowhere! It takes at least half an hour to go anywhere worthwhile on this baron side of the island. With the slow monorail you are forced to ride on, it becomes a hassle leaving the area. the resort itself is alright. It reminds me of disneyland, but outdated in a way. The rooms were okay, but I stayed at other places on the big Island for a way better value and quality. The hotel workers such as the bartender were in my opinion, rude. I ordered a Pina colada and it was a whopping 12 dollars. He put the smallest splash of rum in there even after I tipped the man. The food was terribly expensive as well. 17 dollars for a sandwich I could have made in two minutes? Give me a break. This place prays on the fact that you're so isolated from everything that you'll be forced to overpay here. Out of all the places I stayed on the island on our 9 day trip we saved this hotel for last thinking it would be special and it was our least favorite of all. Bottom line, unless you want to feel completely isolated, trapped, overspend and not have as much fun as other resorts then I would not recommend staying at this resort. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere and save some money and have more fun.
2 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
Courtney
"Nice hotel, comfy room close to beach"
Great location that close to beach and shopping centers
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Vanessa
"Nice resort if you only want to stay inside"
This place is huge. It is not easy to get out of the resort unless you are in one of the towers that is closest to the lobby (ex, Palace Tower). There is a lot of walking necessary. There are trams and boat shuttles, but it takes longer to wait for one rather than simply walk from one side of the resort to the other (about 20 minutes). The facilities themselves are good (though they could use more trams and boats). The restaurant food is only OK, and definitely have Hawaii+ prices. The service at these restaurants, though, leaves much to be desired. Don't expect 4+ service at this 4+ resort. There are just too many people and not enough staff. The Ocean Tower isn't worth it unless you get a room overlooking Buddha Point. If you don't, just get another room and save some money. The non-Buddha Point views of the ocean are more like stretching your neck around the corner to catch a glimpse of water. The cabanas are nice, though pricey. You get a day bed and cover (though watch it if it is windy). The smaller "cabanas" are really just deck chairs with a small cover over the top of your chair. It is nice that Dolphin Quest is there at the resort. Even if you don't pay to do it, you can still see the Dolphins easily.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
kak
"Super"
Amazing! Beautiful! The resort is so awesome, clean and so well kept. The food was pretty good, but very pricey. I would go back.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Taunya
"Fun vacation!"
Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel was beautiful! The kids loved the lagoon and water slide.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
L and R
"Proceed with caution"
The room was nice and so were the pool areas, but by staying here you are isolated from the rest of the world. Look out for the hidden resort fees AND the daily parking fee. Also, there are many restaurants at this resort. If you try to eat cheap, the food is pretty mediocre. I can't speak for how good the more expensive food was, it was too expensive. If you are a friend of nature, you also might want to consider booking elsewhere. They have many animals cooped up for display. The dolphins they keep have less pool area than their human guests!
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Honeymoon"
We purchased an oceanview room and did not receive what we considered an ocean view. If we looked out on our balcony and looked to the left we could barely see the ocean behind the palm trees. Check in took forever!! There was one person checking in a row of people. They only cleaned the rooms between a certain time, so if you had do not disturb on your room, they would leave you a note saying you missed out. I travel a lot for work and if I have a do not disturb sign, they always come back later. The water pressure in our shower was awful, the receptionist at the front desk spoke so quickly with instructions it was hard to follow. There are a lot of instructions for this hotel because it is so huge!!! They provide a boat and train to take you to your room, but the train runs ever 12 min and the boat was hardly running at all. Our room was located far away so we walked the majority of the time and that was not relaxing at all.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great place for families!"
Amazing hotel. So much to do you can't do it all unless you are around for a week. We have kids ranging in age from 10 to 18 and everyone had a blast! Snorkling, kayaks, laying by the pools, dolphins, fun classes, etc. You name it they have it.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Michele
"The upper class experience"
Beyond my expectations, a truly high class experience. I do have to admit and warn some other guests, its a top notch place in a top notch neighborhood (think Beverly Hills in Hawaii). So this come with top notch prices around the entire community. Make sure you allocate well because this place will command a large portion of your budget.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
byron
"Simply great......"
You will definetly go again ..... It was great experience and place ......
Hilton is great
"Advertised ocean view couldn't be seen..."
Terrible. We asked for an ocean view we were put in a corner and each of us had to stick our head o ut individually to see the ocean view. We couldn't see it together. We asked if we could move to a room with a real ocean view, where we could view it together.. We were put on hold a total of about 60 minutes. The room phone didn't work.. safety issue. And ultimately were moved to another room the next day. This whole process took 2.5 hours out of our stay. So we were in limbo in a temporary room for 1 day. Finally, on the next day, we had to move again. That next room was much nicer than the first room. At that point, we only had a short time to enjoy.
Angie
"nothing is free"
The hotel was beautiful and amazing. But charged for everything up to rice with your expensive Chinese meal.
3 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
"Nice hotel food is overpriced!"
We stayed 7 days had a great time but found the food pricey for the week and low quality. Beautiful grounds and large but not the friendliest staff.
Very beautiful and clean facilities. I recommend buying snorkeling gear from the shop or bringing your own because the rental is about the same price. Food was great particularly the sundaes from shaka cones. Great place to visit with anyone.
"Great for families and relaxation"
Beautiful facilities, sense of calm all around, numerous options for kids. The art all around is fascinating
L
"More elegant than expected!"
Resort was much more fancier than the cost. don't see that in this day. Refreshing. Very clean. great pool and lagoon areas. Very comfortable rooms. Would stay again if visiting the Island.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Good overall"
Nice, good service. A bit expensive. Some furniture old and scratched.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"A Museum Disguised as a Hotel"
One of my favorite hotels because it is truly a museum of primarily Asian art. beautiful sculptures and pai tings line the hotel perimeter corridors, and the immacualte and extensive gardens , bordering the ocean, offer hundreds of sculptures and staues of Buddhas, mythic animals, Boddisarvas, guardien animals, goddesses in horse-drawn carriages, and more. the activities are also extensive, featuring a dolphin swimming area that actually seems to be large enough and challenging enough that if dolphins are "happy" anywhere but their oceans, they appear happy here. The only downside-and it's abig one- is thatnthe ocean is too rough here for snorkeling, and the lagoon, tho connected to the ocean and replete with fish, is not the same as swimming and snorkeling in the Pacific!
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014