All hotels in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
350 Main Street, Cambridge, MA, 02142, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Nice for a get-away."
Very comfortable and clean room. We were on the top floor and it was very quiet. There's a nice viewing/common room for an evening gathering. Front desk person not as welcoming as could be expected, but we didn't really interact much. The parking garage use for $30/day, was worth it for us, but to get into it and park is a tight fit, even for a compact car. The attached restaurant has good food for $$$. Overall a nice place.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
M&K
Staff went out of their way to accommodate us when already busy. Nice personal touches, very well located.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Weekend in Cambridge"
My husband and I were looking for a nice night away from the kids and wanted to stay in a less-than-traditional hotel. This place was really beautiful. The rooms were spacious, beautifully decorated, clean, and the breakfast in the morning was killer! We'd definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Lea
"Great historic hotel"
Nice boutique hotel. Great breakfast.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Jana
"February Visit"
My wife and I regularly visit Boston to see our adult son. This visit was during another snow storm. We feel the Kendall is an oasis in the city. A great place to relax. Our room was small but the bathroom was generous. The room space was nicely organized and very comfy. We parked our car under the Hotel safely upon arrival and didn't worry about it until we left. The staff is always low key, friendly and talkative.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Isaac
"Nice place to stay!"
I stay at the Kendall hotel because of the location - I travel to Cambridge every 6 months for Dr. Appointment.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2015
Cynthia
"Always great"
great breakfast
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Charming hotel with quirks"
Overall I like the charm of the Kendall and the location. However, I have issues every time I stay. This time my shower didn't work which ultimately caused me to miss a couple of my morning meetings while I waited for it to be repaired.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Katie
"Great boutique hotel with a good location"
This is a wonderful vintage hotel. It was a firehouse. The included breakfast is high quality with much variety. It is next to a subway station and has good restaurants within walking distance. Overall, it's a great place to stay on Cambridge, MA.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Judith
"Delicious"
Delicious breakfast in a quaint and comfortable setting
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
This was a welcome change from the standard plastic-y chain hotel. Very cozy and welcoming.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great stay, i love this place"
Beuatiful and fun. Staff was excellent
3 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Quaint and nice location"
Great location.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"fix the TV"
Everything was fine except that it was Australian Open time so we actually wanted to use the TV. Despite the sign right with it that said don't touch the controls because it is been set up for the hotel's cable service, it wasn't set up properly. Those tennis folks had fat legs. The picture was stretched wide and didn't go to the top or bottom. They need to reinstall it. Otherwise, perfect location, very nice room. Would have liked to eat in the restaurant, but didn't have a chance (time). Great breakfast.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel!"
Loved all the art and antique furniture! Internet was very shotty though and I had trouble connecting at times. :/
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Great hotel with charActer and charm. Perfect location for a Cambridge area visit
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Clabe
This hotel is charming and features an amazing (free) breakfast. My wireless and wired internet speeds were incredible. The staff was nice and the room was comfy.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Lovely hotel"
Stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is very nice and neat, design is authentic, the room and the bed was comfortable, the breakfast - everything was very good. The location is convenient - next to subway station and walking distance to many attractions (if you're not afraid to walk for 20-30 minutes). Would love to stay there once again if I have a chance.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Ekaterina
"Old creaky furniture but I would stay there again"
Got stuck in a room with a large framed picture right in the way of the heater. That frame creaked constantly anytime I turned on the heater. Continued to creak loudly throughout the night, even after I turned off the heater as the frame adjusted to the ambient temperature. Some of the furniture was pretty old but everything was clean. Breakfast was pretty good. Centrally located. I would stay there again despite the creaky painting.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Mostly excellent."
Hotel and room was excellent. Great value for money. Good, clean room and great breakfast. I would have give this hotel a straight 5 out of 5 if it wasn't for the arrogant and unprofessional guy on reception. Parking was not included in the price, so don't forget to add the $30 that the hotel charges to any quote you get. Also, this is a VERY quiet place of the town, and not many bars around. We did go for NYE, so maybe this would not have bothered us on any other night. Having said that, it is a 50m walk to the T, which is 4 stops from downtown. Overall, a great stay, apart from finding out WR had to pay for the parking from said arrogant receptionist.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Short stay"
Excellent
2 night trip Jan 1, 2015
Tatiana
Awesome hotel, easy to get to and super close to the Kendall T station. Only downside was the $25 for parking on their side street but just about every city hotel charges the same. Breakfast was included and was probably the best included breakfast I've ever had and I travel a lot for work.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
jocelyn
"Loved the Kendall"
My husband and I were excited to stay at the Kendall after having walked past it several times in previous years. We were attracted by the price and the included breakfast. We liked it very much. It felt very much like similar hotels we have stayed at in Europe. The room was in the old part of the hotel and was a bit small but clean and comfortable. The bed linens were superior and the bathroom was well equipped. The hotel lobby and rooftop solarium were great and the breakfast was excellent, with varied, high quality choices. We hoped to try the restaurant but it was closed during our stay. The hotel location was excellent. There are several good restaurants in the immediate neighborhood and the T stop is right outside. We will certainly stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Gretchen
"Christmas night at The Kendall"
The Kendall is a quaint place with the feel of a B&B and all the amenities of a fine Hotel. The staff was warm and friendly. The decor from the moment you walk in the door to the lobby and hallways, guest rooms and even the stairway to the garage is a treat for any art lover of any medium. I look forward to staying here often as it is now my choice hotel for Cambridge visits.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Charming Hotel!"
We were looking for a hotel reasonably accessible to Logan Airport and Boston University (where our daughter attends) via the "T". With Expedia's help, we found The Kendall Hotel--and what a great find it was! The Kendall is an absolutely adorable converted firehouse that is charming, cozy and very welcoming. Bryan, at Reception, was very friendly and very kind. He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed for a wonderful stay. Our room was immaculately clean, including the spacious bathroom. Breakfast was very hearty and delicious, and included a great variety of items. I especially appreciated the gourmet tea selection. The hotel is no more than a 3-minute walk to the Kendall/MIT "T" station, and from there you can get just about anywhere in and around Boston. Also, the hotel is Wi-Fi equipped and while Wi-Fi is not a deal-breaker, it certainly was a nice bonus. From now on whenever we're visiting Boston, we will definitely be staying at The Kendall Hotel.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Sheryl
"Very nice, clean and awesome location"
Great Hotel, Very nice help. Rooms kinda on the smaller size (like european) but very nice, extremely clean and good style (almost B&B like) Very unique and location is great. Breakfast buffet very good and their small bar (black sheep) is nice. Overall great stay and when i'm back in boston I will stay again
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
PETER
"One night stay"
Charming hotel with excellent breakfast. A real treat.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Love the Kendall, Has Character and Charm"
We would definitely stay here again. The location is perfect, the rooms are comfortable and have character. The front desk personnel provided excellent service when we needed it. Only complaint is that my room would not warm up, not sure why (thermostat?) and the elevators were out this weekend, which didn't affect us- we are fit and room was on the second floor, but for others on higher floors, it was probably a pain.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Great location and hotel!"
We had a great time here. A quiet and nice hotel with a GREAT breakfast. Lots of charm!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Andrea
"Walking Distance from Boston"
Charming hotel in Cambridge. Staff was very nice and great breakfast.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Lovely Room with Historic Touches"
We had a corner room which afforded us nice views of the area. Parking was easy and just $15 compared to much more at chain hotels! We loved the breakfast which was extensive and included unusual offerings like figs and dates, plus the wonderful croissants and scones and several hot choices. We would definitely stay here again as everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Great stay- as always. I would appreciate a couple more wall plugs near the desks in the rooms - now I had to pull out the TV plugs to charge my laptop. Similarly, some more power strips in the lobby would be helpful.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Adrianus
"Kendall Square Treasure"
This hotel is a hidden treasure in the midst of overwhelming office buildings and research labs. It provides a perfect refuge from the stresses of a fast paced city. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is fantastic!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Katherine
"Americana Quaint"
We arrived at 6 a.m.. They allowed us to take our room at that early time because we had terrible jet lag. They were very kind and it was a great stay. The hotel is very Americana with lots of old fire station memorabilia since it is an old fire station. Right by the T line in MIT. Great place!
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
"Great Location, Fun Atmosphere"
The Kendall is a beautifully decorated historical hotel with all the comfort of someplace brand-new. The breakfast was awesome. It's in a nice, safe area and has super fast access to the T. The staff accomodated our request for a new room so we could have a window that opened. Especially loved the atmosphere.
Q
"Historic hotel close to the T"
We returned to The Kendall again this year while visiting our kids and grandchildren for Thanksgiving. I expect we will return next year. The location is great, roughly halfway between downtown Boston and Harvard Square. The Silver Line takes you to South Station from Logan Airport. There you buy a Charlie card and take the Red Line to Kendall Square. Nothing could be easier. A portion of the hotel is in an old firehouse, giving it historic charm but still providing modern creature comforts.
Jack
"Close but off the beaten path"
A hotel with a lot of character. Close to all the Boston sights but in the quieter environs of Cambridge. The parking garage is tight, but I really liked the convenience of coming and going without dealing with a valet. A surprising amount of nearby dining options and a movie theatre, due to the MIT population.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Favorite Boston area hotel"
I have stayed at the Kendall several times and never been disappointed. The comfortable room, unique appointments, accommodating staff, and exceptional breakfast merit a top rating, in my opinion.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Cynthia
"Black Friday at the Kendall"
Two nights spent at the Kendall as the base for shopping and a Bruins game. Staff was good, garage is tiny, don't plan to park here if you have a large vehicle. Great breakfast, quiet night d ed spite being full to the roof. This is the place to stay when in Cambridge.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Artied2
"great"
Eccentric cute hotel is a lovely cozy spot with a surprisingly good breakfast
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Charming, Comfortable, and Convenient"
The Kendall hotel was charming and comfortable. Small details like the quilt on the bed, the antique furniture, makeup remover towel, and so much more made this place really feel like home. And the breakfast was incredible, too. The location also couldn't be more convenient, walking distance from a lot of great attractions (esp. MIT) and right next to the Kendall T stop so you can get anywhere easily. Thanks for a great stay!
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Cassandra
"The Kendall is a great place to stay!"
Really comfortable, great continental breakfast and lovely restaurant for other meals!
2 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Clean comfortable hotel close to everything"
We stayed overnight to attend a concert in the city. The hotel is beautiful and convenient to transportation and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The only thing that was bothersome was the buffet breakfast. All the good was cold!
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Nice hotel located close to transportation"
Always enjoy the Kendall, rooms are clean and comfortable. Enough room to do some yoga with a little creativity. Bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast was great. Loved being able to walk less than half a block and access the T. Also, bathroom was huge. Probably because there was no closed closet, but plenty of space on hooks and hangers to store jackets and suits.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Tiny room, big price tag, few amenities."
The room was tiny. Hard for two people to move around each other. The only redeeming factor was its location, but given its price tag and lack of amenities, there is no reason why a traveler would prefer it over the Marriott just opposite.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
roger
"A nice hotel, convenient to many places."
This is a very nice hotel, traditionally decorated and furnished, clean and comfortable. If you are looking for modern, hip and trendy, this isn't the place. The bed was very good, wifi is free and fast and the breakfast is all you could ask for. This is a great location for Kendall Sq and environs, but also a short, one mile walk to Inman Sq from the hotel. Harvard Sq is two miles up the road and Boston proper is a short walk just over the bridge. The subway entrances to the red line (one inbound and the other outbound) are extremely close. Kendall Sq is deathly quiet at night but there are some very good restaurants in the area. The downside: the water pressure in my 7th floor room was low and the shower was barely adequate some of the time. Hot water was in short supply a couple of times during my five day stay. There is one, slow elevator that you find yourself waiting for a bit too often. The wifi node in my room showed good signal but rarely worked so I connected to other rooms instead but performance was fine anyway. Once I power cycled my node and it worked blazingly fast (30-50 megabits according to my speedtest app) but then after a while it stopped working again. I had them arrange a cab to the airport but what I got was a private, meter-less cab. The fixed price of $35 was about what I paid with the metered cab I took on the way in but they should have warned me in advance. I left at 755 am and arrived at the airport at 810 with no problems.
5 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"Mediocre room, first rate price"
For the price, this was a very disappointing experience. Should have staid at the Marriott down the street. You all need to lower your prices. The rooms are small and out of date. The air system needs updating, the whole hotel just feels dingy. I get that you are going for the 'historic' feel but you sure are charging modern prices. Where is that money going, exactly? I suspect not into the business.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
jason
"This is a winner!"
Most charming botique hotel. Easy access to all. Very safe neighborhood. We were only there for 1 night & I wish it had been more. Room was delightfully Americana & so luxurious too. Will stay again if I can & already recommended to a friend who's married to a fireman.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
marie
Right across the street from my daughters doctor. We drive up from PA every 6 weeks and stay here from time to time. Love the hospitality hour on the 7th floor with the complimentary wine, beautiful cozy rooms and a fantastic restaurant on the premises. Wish we could stay more, but a little too costly for us for every visit
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Nice historic hotel"
Nice to have a good restaurant in the hotel when you arrive after 8 pm. Comfortable, clean rooms.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014