All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
11845 Wayne Gretzky Drive, Edmonton, AB, T5B 4R4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Nice place. Close to rail."
We stayed in the hotel two different times in a couple of weeks. We liked it because it was close to the transit line. There is really nothing close to the hotel as far as things to do. Staff was exceptional going out of their way to assist us. Rooms are a little dated.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Great stuff at Coliceum"
It was a real pleasure all the stuff were great everyone I aproach give a great actitud and exelente service, definitely I'll go back every time I visit Edmonton thank you all.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Jose Cordova
"really bad!"
Hotel hallways were very smelly....there was literally no room service.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel. I have shared your review with our AGM regarding the hallways and will have this looked into immediately. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. From the Staff and Management
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Lovely room but I'm not a partier"
Nearby night club music made walls thump until 2am. Fantastic room interior but neighborhood not so much.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future. From the Staff and Management of the Coliseum Inn
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Going to Rexall Place-It's your hotel!"
Free parking for events if you stay there. Rooms are fine. Area is fine. Good bar and food. I don't know why anyone would have an issue with this hotel. The staff was great and it is literally across the street form Rexall Place. If you are attending an event there, it is the place to stay. The rates were fantastic, especially considering there was an Oilers game, and I also saved $20 to park.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Stadiumman
"Okay"
We have stayed here before and the room was cleaner. This time the bathroom was not very clean. Also, shortly after 11am checkout, the front desk repeatedly called our room to encourage checkout. We were simply gathering our belongings and the calls were excessive and a bit rude. The hotel is in the perfect place if you are visiting Rexall Place!
2 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"Tough to beat for the price"
Room was in great shape. Very clean and comfortable. Perfect for going to hockey games as its right across the street. It can be a little noisy if people are being loud, and the neighborhood is a little less than ideal, but the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Hard to beat the price too!
2 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
Erik
"good price"
Great hotel for the price, very comfy room
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
simon
"Ok"
It's ok on 63 dollars per night but I c/o after 2 nights for another hotel
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
ben ogle
"happy customer"
Lets be honest the hotel looks rough on the outside but on the inside the hotel is very clean and comforting.Only thing that seemed ghetto were the elevators, one of them wouldn't work at all. The hotel service was good too. Overall it's a very nice stay,the bathroom was clean,the room was spacious and clean as well.I'll definitely be back again
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"good stay, good price"
hotel was good,clean & comfortable, parking was convienent. very close to rexall place & made it easy to go watch the oilers lose again.
2 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Helena
"Emergency stay in Edmonton"
Cheap cost for the room but didn't see the $200 credit card room damage deposit that we didn't plan for. Not upset but would be nice to know about it in the cost of the room.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Benjamin
"23 nights stay on a business trip"
I booked a room for 23 nights in the hotel but stayed only for 5 nights and checked out due to some unexpected issues. There were really loud voice on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights due to the pubs around the hotel till 2 AM. The internet was not functional too. The hotel does not have any restaurant so that you may have your breakfast or dinner at, so you have to walk outside and find a place for dining during the day. The hotel staff were nice except one person who when I went to at the front desk and explained about the internet issue and loud voice he responded with anger and suggested me to leave the hotel and go for a better place. When I asked about his behavior he didn't care and told me if I stay looking at him he will call the police in 5 minutes. I objected to the manager at the front desk too before I left the hotel. The rest of the things such as cleanness of the rooms and room services are OK.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
AL
"nice"
Nice !
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
robert
"Great hotel for "game night"!"
Was good...quiet room no problems! Oilers lost...Devils won! Great location close to Rexall for hockey game
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"good stay"
check in was so slow. other wise our stay was great
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Terrible Service"
Did not meet my expectations, and the service was terrible.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Thulani
"nice hotel in best price"
cheap and clean but a little far from downtown but its ok if u drive a car
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Great hotel for the price"
Pros: -quick to head out of town from this location - right across from rexall place so you save $20+ on parking and its close to the front entrance - clean rooms that are well maintained - no bad smells - free wifi Cons: - there was a buzzing noise in the room all night which was annoying - shampoo and conditioner were not that great
2 night trip Sep 28, 2014
jetsfan
"Nice combination"
This hotel has easy access to the freeway & features newly renovated rooms. It's not located in the best part of town but that's true of most older hotels. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Poor staff"
Front desk staff is not friendly. Seems like all the ladies are in bad mood all the time.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
surge
"Nice hotel bad location"
No restaurants open. Parking was an issue for my truck and trailer. We saw fist fights and were racially stereo typed at a bar nearby. Friendly white guys were too much for the local.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
The first room we were placed in had exposed wires behind the bed. Once shown pictures, they moved us. We were then moved to a room that was connected to a couple that was smoking marijuana. In the bathroom there were droplets of blood on the floor underneath the sink and red juice on the back of the bathroom door. There were hairs on our sheets and garbage left underneath one of the beds. Parking was less than acceptable and the amenities were next to none.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Location was great as I could walk across the street to the EXPO center, but there are NO good meal options nearby. Recommend having a car to get out of the neighborhood.
4 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
"Great, once you get to your room!"
When you book on Expedia it doesn't quite gell with the companies system. So you have to pay once you get to the hotel. This has happened to us only once before when booking with Expedia. The girls at the front desk were in training so there was quite a mix up with finding our booking, and then again when paying, as they pre-approve transaction your credit card then charge your room the next morning. It was not explained to us very well but in the end we were not overcharged but it didn't leave us very confident at the time. Other than that the room was great, we've been travelling for 3 months now and this is above average for a 3 star inn. The room was comfy and clean, and the bathroom newly renovated. Itonly took minutes to get to downtown using the train which is a short walk. Very affordable for any kind of traveller. Hopefully they sort out their front desk issues!
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Megan
"Godd for the price. great if your attending hocky"
Getting to the hotel was a disaster between traffic and edmontons road conditions along the way. Not that this is the hotels fault. Parking was confusing and seemed unsafe, however there are plenty of warning signs in the garage to lock your car and bring in valuables. They were remodeling so there was a lot of construction noise but they stopped at a decent time. Rooms were very clean and nice and the employees were very helpful and friendly. The flow restauraunt downstairs had a delicious buffet and wad sry artistic. Best price in town and well worth it for that. Hockey arena right across the street so j strongly suggest this hotel if your going to the game. It'll also save you $18 in parking as hotel guests park free and parking was a disaster from all the hockey fans.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2013
garret

"Comfortable Stay at the Inn"
The service left something to be desired but the hotel, room and location were great.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
CYNTHIA
"Nice!"
excellent rate, wifi and breakfast, five star hotel at a reasonable cost
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
Leonardo
"Edmonton Holiday"
Very accommodating, nice people.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Tamara
"Not Worth $150"
Not the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in, but not worth the price (luckily I got a deal with hotels.com, otherwise I would have never come). There was an old black wife-beater (tank top) still in the room from whoever had been there before me, which made me question the cleanliness of the whole space. It seemed to be in a pretty rough neighbourhood...and there were almost no food places close by if you wanted to get something quickly. Hotel front desk staff was friendly (and attractive!), and the free breakfast was a nice touch.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
It was a good place. The reception was very helpful and so as the house keeping. The only set back is that my wife did not really feel secure about the people outside the hotel.
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
Art
"Just right."
Clean room. Very comfortable. The neighbourhood looks little odd for families.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
suresh
"Good clean hotel - scary dark multilevelled parking"
Nice Hotel, if it wasn't for the location and the dark scary multilevelled parking lot. So concerned my vehicle may get broken into. There was a security guard, yet my concerns were high. Room was good but the TV was not working properly - didn't matter - we just wanted to sleep anyways.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Shy
the parking is covered but not well-maintained and feels kind of creepy
1 night trip Jul 7, 2015
wayne
Over all hotels was ok service it was very bad
Response by Coliseum Inn
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience we are pleased you found the hotel to be enjoyable we apologize if our level of service did not meet your expectations, we will be sharing your concerns with our AGM as your opinion truly matters to us. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Thavone
"Good Hotel"
Clean room with at good price! has a fridge and microwave. Cant go wrong and also free parking.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"relaxed and comfy"
The stay was good, just a relaxing evening in the room, it was comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
kerry
"Family week-end in Edmonton"
Just an over night stay to visit family and to do a bit of retail therapy. Conveniently located on Gretzy Drive and 118 Ave with access to all areas of town. Room was clean, comfortable and modern. Restaurant just down the street with a discount for the hotel guests. Rexall Place just across the street for sports fans and concert goers. Price through Hotel.com was very reasonable. Internet connection was stable and quick for web browsing, contacting family and arranging our activities. This is our second stay this year and will be back.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you return.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Great hotel if you're watching a show at the Rexall place. Other than that, pretty average.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Rigel
"Thanks a lot."
It was expensive. My stay was work related so I was driving my work truck which has a headache rack. It was too high to get into the parkade so I asked the front desk if there was somewhere else I could park. The clerk said next door in the empty lot. I parked there but noticed a tow away sign, I went back to the clerk and was given a parking pass. She said put this on your dash and you will be fine. Next morning my truck was gone, it had been towed. Cost me $ 250.00 for the tow bill plus $ 25.00 taxi to get to the towing company.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we apologize for what has happened. We do not own the parking behind us but at this time we ask that you speak directly with our AGM Lacey so she can follow up. Thank you for staying at the Coliseum Inn and we look forward to having you return.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
Horrible I wouldn't ever recommend this place. We had guys banging at our door late hours of the night, security barely helped. And not to mention the hotel didn't offer anything not even an apology. Trust me spend a few more dollars stay somewhere safe!
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"Pleasantly surprised."
I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was clean, quiet as we were on the 5th floor. Staff was friendly. Great access to what I needed. Great price.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Carrie
"Decent hotel for the price"
Hotel was good for the price, clean rooms, free wifi and security patrolled parkade. The neighbourhood wasn't the best but felt safe.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Thank you for sharing your review.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2015
"Convenient Location"
We enjoyed our stay at the Coliseum Inn, we were in Edmonton for the Women's World Cup game and this hotel was walking distance to the commonwealth stadium. Hotel staff were very nice and overall it was a good stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Excellent experience"
Nice and helpful employees. Nice housekeeper. Clean rooms and really good windows which help keep it quiet even facing a busy street
3 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Jiawen
"Conveniently located next to Rexall"
Stayed here as my husband and I attended a concert at the Rexall right across the street. It was nice that it was so close to the stadium that we just walked across the street. The Hotel offers free parking which is very convenient. We had booked a King Size bed but when we got there we were told that an error had been made and were given a 2 queen room, that was a bit annoying but not to big of a deal. We stayed up on the 7th floor which was great! very quiet and didn't need to worry about the noise from the club downstairs. I guess for the price you can't expect much from the room itself, the carpets were really dirty that I did not walk around barefoot. the other parts of the room looked clean enough but pretty old and in need of repair. It was okay for one night but would not stay for longer than that. But again, for the price and convenience of location to Rexall it was good.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Thank you for sharing your experience with us we look forward to having you return. We value your opinion and will share this with our AGM. We look forward to having you return to the hotel in the near future. Thank you from the Staff and Management
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Great Location for Rexall Place"
The front desk staff were very good. He was welcoming, polite and chatty. everyhting you want when you are checking into a hotel. Waiting staff in the restaurant were good too. Our server was chatty and the food came quickly. Elevators were super slow. Some dodgy characters in a black car asked us did we need a cab while we were standing outside of the hotel. As far as I'm aware there are no black cabs in Edmonton. Seemed a bit dodgy to me. No breakfast in the hotel or in the place at the end of the block so had to drive to get breakfast elsewhere. Upon check out, the front desk staff called housekeeping to check our room before we could check out. She said it was to make sure nothing was missing e.g towels. I've stayed in A LOT of hotels all over the world and never had to wait to be checked out. On the upside, hotel location is perfect for a show at the Rexall Place. I got to meet Ed Sheeran after his show on Sunday :-)
Response by Coliseum Inn
Thank you please come visit us soon.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Close to Rexall, not much else"
Great location if you're going to see a concert/game at Rexall Place. Not much else around this neighbourhood as far as restaurants and shopping. Also the hotel didnt have a gym (VERY disappointing), and I was told the closest one was 10 minutes away. The front desk seemed a little disorganized, hours after I checked in they tried calling me to find out what room I was in. When we returned to the hotel our key cards didnt work. We also heard some other guests complaining about their rooms not being cleaned. We only stayed for two nights, though so we didn't need our room cleaned. Overall, the price is cheap so you get what you pay for.
Response by Coliseum Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. regarding restaurants we don have one on property and there is another one called the Coliseum Steak and Pizza which is only 5 minutes driving. We apologize for the disorganization but will have our front office manager speak with our agents. thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you return From the Staff and Management
2 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2015
Nadine
"Awesome."
Awesome place nice and clean friendly staff reasonable price
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
alex
"Perfect"
Stayed for a concert across the street. Was the perfect location with a very comfortable room and great service!
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015