All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here500 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA, 02215, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Great Boutique Hotel Close to Fenway"
Booked based on closeness to Fenway and ratings. I needed a a room for two beds, one for my 9 year old son and one for me. We went to Boston to see the Red Sox. I am a hotel snob and like finer accommodations. As nice as the accommodations were, the staff was phenomenal. Warm, outgoing great recommendations for meals and site seeing. Doorman, Front Desk Attendant and Concierge addressed us by name each time they saw us. They remembered our conversations with them and asked us how we enjoyed the specific plans we had discussed with them earlier or the previous day. We arrived Friday evening and had tickets to see the Red Sox on Saturday. Wound up speaking to the Concierge outside the hotel about dinner plans. He said to us how about having a Fenway Frank for dinner and hands us two tickets for Friday night's game. Next time I am in Boston, the only hotel I will book is the Commonwealth.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel close to Fenway Park"
The location of the hotel was perfect for our trip to Fenway Park. We were within walking distance, less than 15 minutes to the park. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and spending time in the city.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Very nice hotel for business travel. Located right in middle of Kenmore Square, very close to business and T.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Second time at this Hotel. Even better the second time.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"This place is awesome!"
Honestly, this is a great hotel. It was my husband's 50th birthday and I called ahead to let them know and to ask if there was anything special they could do. Nick at the front desk arranged to have a gift basket in our room full of Red Sox stuff upon our arrival. Then when we returned from the game that night, there was a set of stadium seats from Fenway in our room along with a bottle of champagne on ice with chocolates. All of this was done complimentary. The hotel room itself was incredibly clean and comfortable. Everything just seemed brand new, the linens were sparkly white and the bed was extremely comfortable. The common areas of the hotel were also beautiful and there were two restaurants attached that were outstanding. I would highly recommend staying here.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2014
Cindy
"Very nice hotel close to Fenway Park"
We were given a mini suite with a door connecting our suite to a larger suite used for receptions and parties. Unfortunately there was a wedding reception there until 2am and the connecting door did not give any sound insulation. The sound level was as if the 50 very happy, loud people were in our room. This was the only negative experience, and if we were assigned a different room this noise issue would probably not have been an issue. Very friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
QC Jon
"red sox"
great location for the red sox game.
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
Stephen Zalewski
"Nice hotel nice location"
Great hotel staff good location. Upgraded hotel room upon check in.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
No complaints
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Perfect hotel at a central location"
We had a great time! The room was beautiful and the location was perfect! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking to go all over Boston. The metro system is very easy to figure out.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Megan
"Excellent Hotel Even Better Service"
This hotel is in a great neighborhood walking distance from Fenway Park and right on the T. The rooms were upscale with modern finishes and perfectly clean. The service at Hotel Commonwealth was outstanding! We dealt with Ophelia upon arrival and at check out and she was very professional and very friendly. She answered any questions or concerns that we had and recommended a couple of great restaurants in the neighborhood. Again she was awesome! After we checked in an attendant helped us to our room. I wish I remembered his name... He was also very helpful in telling us a great spot to hit prior to the Red Sox game. Even the valet parking and retrieving our car was great. I love a hotel where the guest are treated so well. We really enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice hotel right by Fenway"
My stay was fantastic, the room was large, bathroom was huge, staff was friendly, and the bed and pillows were so comfortable. Despite the noise on the streets, the room was comfortably quiet as well, had a great stay and highly recommend to anyone.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the ball park"
Wonderful 3 day stay.Loved the short walk to Fenway Park. Could not have asked for better staff in all areas,so nice and helpful. We will stay there for sure next time.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Anita
Very good hotel, convenient location. Friendly helpful staff. Large comfortable room. Would most definetly stay here again.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Rick from Flori
"Close to Fenway"
Nice hotel and the staff was very friendly... they had issues with the valet parking but an overall good experience
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Dennis
"Always a Pleasure to stay at The Commonwealth"
This was our 4th or 5th time at The Commonwealth,adn as always, the service is impeccable. The staff is friendly and helpful- the valets, the front desk and the concierge. The hotel hasd a new owner and is being very quietly renovated- not a big fan of the new decor. its a bit sterile and modern to my taste. The only real complaint I had was that the fitness center is getting old and could use a redo- the morning I was there the AC wasn't working and I had to cut short my workout. We we be back.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Excellent hotel!"
Four of us stayed here one night before a Red Sox game and before catching a flight out of Boston the next morning after a long weekend on Cape Cod. The staff let us park the vehicle early before check in so we could catch the game. The staff answered any questions we had about the area. They also gave us great directions back to the airport. We would absolutely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Nice location, comfy beds, so so service."
The room was fine, plenty of space, the beds were comfy. Only a few things that I wish had been better. First, my room did not have a security box, and it was inconvenient to carry my valuables with me everywhere. Second, the room service food was below par. I ordered a Caesar salad, and it came with four pieces of romaine lettuce that were wilted and with a nice dressing, but so much that it made the lettuce even more gooey. Four tiny pieces of cubed bacon, and a couple of croutons. I should have returned it, but it was late and I was tired. When asking subway directions, the front desk staff person directed me to exit a subway station, Government Center, that had been closed for construction for three months. Since I don't know the city it took me much longer than expected to get to my destination. Reception staff at a four star hotel should know these basic things for tourists. Finally, the doormen just watched as I and others struggled with luggage to get through the heavy doors. Finally, when asked at checkout about the service, it was obvious that the front desk staff don't give a hoot about the services and gave a perfunctory "sorry about that" answer.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Great hotel right in the heart of Boston Univ."
The bell hop guys were so informative and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Carol Ann
"Great place to stay when going to a game at Fenway"
Staff was very nice.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2014
Phil
"Best service!!"
Arrived before check in (8am vs 3pm)but was able to leave bags and then got a call when the room was ready. They called an hour later with an upgraded room! All the guys at the front desk were heat! First time in Boston and they have us great ideas and suggestions on resturants as well as activities.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Awesome hotel!!"
This hotel is just Awesome!! It was very clean! The staff was very nice and helpful! It was super close to Fenway! Look forward to staying there again!!
"Close to Fenway"
Beautiful hotel with a very nice bar that had a late night menu including a great raw bar. friendly and professional service by all staff members. I work in this business, so I pay very close attention to detail. Loved our stay here.
K.C.
"Zac brown stay"
Great location room very roomy and staff great
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Room service too much longer than expected but otherwise great stay. Will return to this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Hotel very close to Boston University"
Hotel staff were very helpful, interested and responsive. Room was clean, quiet and spacious. Direct proximity to Green Line, Fenway Park and Boston University. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
tom
"Nice hotel!"
My husband and I stayed Friday through Sunday. We had to go to BU area and Allson Friday and Sunday but spent Saturday walking around Newberry Street. We had brunch there, shopped, walked through the park, etc.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great hotel within walking distance to Fenway Park"
The staff greeted us warmly and took care of us. The room was very clean. At check-out, they checked our bags for us while we did some sight seeing and went to lunch. When we returned they got our bags and quickly hailed us a taxi.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Convenient comfort."
Superior service front door to front desk to room to restaurant! Contemporary classic conveniently located with easy access by trek, taxi, or T. Will definitely stay there again.
2 night business trip Jun 8, 2014
LDriver
I had never been here and was pleasantly surprised when I saw the size and condition of my room. The only negative was that over the course of the stay I could tell the carpets weren't vacuumed every day. Other than that, very nice.
3 night trip Jun 4, 2014
One of the best if not THE best Hotel staying experience for all my frequent business trips.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Stayed 1 night for my wife's birthday and caught a Red Sox game. Perfect location for the game (5 min. walk), restaurants, shopping, parks. Hotel staff very accommodating. Check in says 3 pm but let us check in when we arrived at 11 am for the 1:30 Sox game. Parking easy, too, and very accommodating. We are used to Manhattan rooms, room sizes, and parking issues. With that in mind, the size of the room was large, clean, new and overnight parking ($45 from 11 am arrival until 2 pm next day) is reasonable for a city like Boston. We walked to Boston Common and back. Nice, easy safe walk. Great hotel and location if you are looking for the Back Bay/Fenway area. Worth every penny IMO. It might be on the pricey end, but you get what you pay for. Will definitely be staying there again.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Rich H
my son and i enjoyed our stay in the hotel. the customer service was suberp. i would definetly recommend to anyone going to stay in boston area.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
fred feinhandler
"Wonderful"
The hotel staff was amazing and very helpful. The location is perfectly located near Fennway Park and the subway station. Room service breakfast was delicious!!!
2 night trip May 19, 2014
B
We arrived around 11PM on Wednesday night and the front desk staff was simply incredible!!
Other trip May 17, 2014
Cat
"Very comfortable hotel with very solicitous staff."
Staff did an outstanding job of making us feel welcome. Our room was very comfortable. Two tv's allowed for different for two different viewing tastes. Very comfortable bed and best hotel pillows I've ever experienced. No street noise or hall noise to contend with. Would love to stay here again.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2014
"Great stay in Boston"
The Hotel Commonwealth holds the bar high for hotel management, service and room quality. Heather was helpful in placing us in a room with a king bed rather than two beds, the doormen are friendly and efficient, the stay was wonderful. Service of a five star for a much better price!
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Luxurious hotel"
Stayed one night, checked out and then our plans changed so we stayed another night in another room. The first room was great. We were upgraded to a junior suite. Lots of room. Bed was very comfortable. The only complaint I had was that the refrigerator in Room 425 kept making a thumping noise every 15 minutes so we unplugged it. We told the front desk about it the next morning and hopefully they took care of it. The next night we stayed in Room 334. Again a large room even though it wasn't a junior suite. Bed was comfortable and lots of windows for a great view. Had breakfast in the room both mornings. Delicious! Restaurant/bar attached to hotel was great. Terrific seafood bar and nice patio for dining. Saturday night it was hard to get a seat at the bar at first so we went down the street for one and then back to the hotel bar and were able to get drinks at the bar and then a table on the patio. I would recommend this hotel! We usually stay in Brookline but chose this one because it was closer to BU.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Quintessentially Boston"
Staff is very nice and incredibly helpful. The hotel is close to everything with easy access to the T.
"Wonderful!"
Staff were terrific, hotel was beautiful, clean and comfortable. Everyone was very accomidating and extremely close to fenway. Thanks!
Val
"Nice place to stay"
Friendly and clean
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Jim H
"Excellent Location, Delightful Staff, Lovely Room"
I cannot say enough good things about the Hotel Commonwealth. The hotel itself is conveniently located for shopping and restaurants and, if you have a son or daught attending BU, it is perfectly situated. The staff is friendly and exraordinarily helpful, and the rooms are lovely. I had a junior suite overlooking Commonwealth Avenue, and it was bright and sunny. Plus the hotel operates the wonderful Eastern Standard Restarant, which is excellent.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Excellent accommodations, service, and location."
The hotel is located on Commonwealth Avenue, directly behind the Mass Pike and Fenway Park. Easy walk to the game and to a variety of restaurants. The service we received from everyone was excellent. The room was extremely clean, beautiful, and comfortable. Could not have asked for anything more.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Fantastic service"
This hotel was a refreshing change with regards to the courteous and professional service it provided. I flew in on a red eye from the west coast and they allowed a check in before noon, even though they were sold out the previous night. The bell staff were very helpful and friendly. The in room personal keurig machines were an impeccable touch. I can't not find one area to suggest for improvement! I will definitely stay here again! I walked to a Red Sox game at Fenway, very good location to get to the T or areas around Fenway.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Sharyn
Terrific hotel. Rooms are beautiful. Staff is very courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Outstanding Hotel!"
The Hotel Commonwealth exceeded our expectations in every way. We were there to attend our son's graduation from Northeastern University. We booked a Junior Suite to hold a small pre-graduation affair and as a meeting place for guests. The hotel staff responded quickly to all of our needs, for example, extra chairs and refrigerator, etc. With a great location near the Kenmore Square T and Fenway Park, you simply cannot go wrong with the Hotel Commonwealth.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Great location & amenities, cleaning not up to par"
Lovely, freshly renovated hotel near Fenway Park. Booked way in advance. Got good price, considering it was a heavy graduation and Red Sox weekend. Only criticism: Room cleaning during our stay was spotty.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"went to fenway park"
staff were very nice. stay there because we went to see the ball game it was very close to fenway very satisfied. I would definetly come back.
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2014
mike morris
"Comfortable, elegant, classy"
We loved our stay at Hotel Commonwealth last week. The location was perfect for us (near Boston University) and it is walking distance to all the back Bay neighborhood. Service was excellent and friendly, and it was a great refuge on a cold Boston day. Our room was comfortably-sized, updated and elegant. It faced south (we faced the back of the ballpark), but street noise was not an issue. The bar downstairs is a fun place to stop by for tea and dessert in the afternoon, and drinks at night. The concierge held our bags all day after we had checked out with no charge, which was nice.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
I stayed there four nights for the Boston Marathon. It is walking distance to Fenway Park. It is next door to a green line stop. There are plenty of restaurants in Kenmore Square. There is a nice park behind the hotel. It is very close to shopping. The Eastern Standard restaurant in the hotel is a genuine hot spot - great bar and great restaurant. Best of all, it is a small hotel that provides personal, friendly service.
4 night trip Apr 18, 2014