All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
500 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA, 02215, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Breakfast is average
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Great Hotel Centrally Located"
Fantastic experience. Staff was friendly. Many amenities are available by request. Centrally located with a ton of restaurants within walking distance. 2 blocks from Fenway park. Subway stop outside of the hotel makes traveling around the city very easy. Very safe. Within walking distance of river trails.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"A favorite in Boston"
Gracious and fun. Wonderful associates and very comfortable accommodations. Returning next week!
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"Amazing Hotel!"
The Hotel Staff was very friendly and welcoming. They had baseball cards and a baseball for my son to play with while we checked in. In walking distance from Fenway Park and great restaurants in the area.
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
claudia
The hotel was clean all staff very friendly .. Only thing that surprised me was the bill under my door for $95 for valet parking fee ! You drive up and the very friendly staff jumps to your car opens up the door without knowing I was paying $45 a day .. Upset about not seeing the charge on Expedia as well as the staff not informing me ..
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Just OK"
The location can't be beat - this is a great hotel if you are attending a Red Sox game! Unfortunately, I can't give a higher rating because of a few things that made my stay less-than-optimal. There was a problem with their broiler or something which resulted in no hot water, and I was forced to take A VERY COLD shower. My guest room (Rm 544) was on the top floor in the rear - no view - and must have been next to the building's AC ventilation system or something. There was a loud and consistent "thrumming" sound throughout the night that kept me up - it sounded as if I were sleeping in an engine room! There is also an electronic tablet that is intended to replace hard copy menus and other hotel information that is typically provided in your hotel room - while I commend the technological effort, the tablet wasn't updated to reflect my guest information - if the tablet isn't registered to a new guest, then access to the menus and hotel information screens are disabled (!). Finally, I think the hotel staff at the front desk were a little undertrained. It was a Sunday summer day with a big game vs. the Yankees so I suppose it was a bit busier than normal. I like the Hotel Commonwealth, but I think the Westin Copley is a good alternative if you can get a good rate there.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
Marvin
"Delightful stay on a hot summer weekend"
Our 34th anniversary. Room with a view of Fenway Park. Frankie at the door was a delight. And Nick at reception is everything the reviews say and more! Very clean hotel, lots of plush linens and it is very nice to have glasses instead of plastic to drink from. Only 2 very small negatives. Long time to get hot water (we were on the 4th floor) and the TV is not high definition.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Catherine
The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. It was a great experience, I can't wait to return. They upgraded us when we arrived. It was the best.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Baseball trip"
Enjoyed our stay. Requested wine bottle to be delivered to our room for oir celebration and afterv1 hr of waiting we canceled the order. Taking away our joyus occasion. Not quite five star. Rooms are luxury but over priced during baseball season
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Very Nice!"
Everything was clean and cozy. Room was large and had plenty of space! My spa visit was also very nice!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Irene
"Beautiful Boston Hotel"
Admittedly this was my first time in Boston, so I have no other local hotels to compare against, but I can say it was hands down one of, if not THE best hotel I've stayed in over the course of my travels. The staff were all incredibly helpful and courteous. The hotel itself was beautiful and modern with very spacious rooms. I can easily say Hotel Commonwealth will be my go to hotel for any future visits to Boston.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Sam
"Boston delight"
Great location! Clean hotel with adorable interior (love the Boston terrier pics in the lobby). Rooms were large by city standards and the water pressure in the shower was wonderful after a long day of exploring the city. Located right next to the Kenmore T station for transport all over Boston and around the corner from Fenway Park. My only complaint was the constant humming/whirring I could hear- not sure if T station below caused the noise or if it was a hotel issue.
4 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
Brittany
"Great hotel in Boston"
Superb. Wanted to be close to Fenway. We could walk easily. That is about it
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
The Hotel Commonwealth overall was a good comfortable stay and positive experience. This location is good, with two really good connecting restaurants. The rooms were comfortable and clean. This was my first trip so I can only speak of the Jr Suite, but it was plenty of room with a nice view from the 4th floor. This being said there were a few odd things about the room/hotel. This must be the first room I've ever stayed in a hotel that didn't have ice buckets and a phone next to the bed wasn't standard. The staff was professional and accommodating and sent me an ice bucket. Also I felt it strange that a hotel this size only having one ice machine on one floor. (3rd) The hotel has a subway entrance, several stores including a Starbucks that's available from the outside entrance. Both restaurants and an additional bar does have in-hotel access. The hotel doesn't have coffee provided even at the lobby reading areas that I also thought was odd. You can order a pot of coffee and other nice room service selections to your room at reasonable in room delivered prices. Also my room had an empty fridge & safe that was really convenient.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2015
Joseph S.
"get away time"
The place is a little pricey but some of the rooms over look fenway park. The hotel restaurant has pricey items on menu but food and drinks are unique and rare.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Samuel
I would recommend this hotel. Accommodations were very nice and the restaurants were great as well.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Two thumbs uo"
Everything was great! I would absolutely recommend this hotel. Great location!!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Tara
"Family Red Sox Trip"
In Boston for a Red Sox game. Very convenient location. Close to Fenway. Great hotel. Very clean and the staff was great. Would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
The hotel was fine, small like many NY hotels. There is really no where in the room to work on a laptop so I had to prop myself up and work on the bed.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"graduation weekend in Boston"
nice hotel and very convenient to the T only downside was our "better" room had only a view of construction 10 feet away.
4 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Awesome stay"
We went to a show at the House of Blues, so we only stayed for one night, but the hotel staff was very attentive, the room was BEAUTIFUL, and we had a wonderful stay.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Great hotel. Big and nice room."
Staff was amazing. The room was beautiful AND huge. I upgraded to the large king viewing over Commonwealth Ave and the Citgo sign.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Kakum
"Fenway Fun"
Spent the weekend with friends for Red Sox game. Great location and service.
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Kara
"One of the best in Boston!"
Excellent service from the front desk. We could see Fenway from our room! Clean, modern room. Very nice!
1 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
"Fenway View, I think not"
The hotel was very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. Just two items that I was not happy with: 1) we booked a Fenway room that supposedly overlooked the ballpark, but the hotel's expansion construction blocked the view. I believe the hotel should have made this known and reduced the price of the room. 2) we stayed 2-nights, the first night we valet parked 2-cars, but the 2nd-night we only valet parked one car. I was given a bill that reflected both cars had been valet parked for 2-nights. The desk clerk happily adjusted the bill without argument, but it should not have happened in the first place.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"THE Place to stay in Boston"
Hotel Commonwealth is THE place to stay while in Boston. It is the perfect location, has great restaurants within walking distance and just across the way from Fenway Park. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Andi
"A good place to stay in Boston"
Comfortable and welcoming, very helpful staff
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Rodney
"GOOD SERVICE AT FRONT DESK"
OVERNIGHT STAY AS A GIFT TO OUR GRANDCHILDREN. VISITING COLLEGES, DUCKBOAT RIDE, AND A SPORTING COMPETITION WERE THE BASIS FOR OUR TRIP. LOCATION OF THE HOTEL WAS PERFECT. STAFF AT FRONT DESK OUTSTANDING BUT RESTAURANT ASSOCIATED WITH HOTEL VERY SLOW ON SERVICE AT BREAKFAST. HAD TO ASK FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE OUR ORDER.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
GERRY
"Great stay in a great location."
Friendly check-in, great corner room with the views, very comfortable bed with 3 very nice soft pillows per person, crispy clean sheets, spotless clean everything.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
ED
Great hotel with wonderful restaurants. Amazingly easy access to the T. Loved the linens and down bedding!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Overall great hotel.very professional staff. Wonderful lobby. The only negative is that the water took a while to get hot.
Great staff
"Beautiful Hotel"
This hotel is located very near Boston University and Fenway Park. The rooms are exceptional large and newly renovated. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful with walking directions to various places nearby. When we visit Boston again in the fall, we will definitely stay here again.
Kay
"College viewing in Boston"
My daughters and I spent 1 night at the Hotel Commonwealth. Perfect location right in the heart of the city. Great valet team. Very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Our room view was a construction site but that was our only negative. We will definitely be back!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
joanne
Not what I had expected. Everyone seemed too pretentious and did not seem to be carry about the customer. I wish I could have picked another place with a better rating.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Great location, helpful, professional staff. Room temp and noise were appropriate for someone who likes quiet when they sleep.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nice suprise"
Bell man greeting exceptional and room a wow. Great from beginning to end
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Room was excellent size for Boston and location is great for Fenway
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Worth the price"
Stayed for one night with my girlfriend for a Friday night Red Sox game. Based my decision purely on the fact that it was right next to the green line and a stones throw from Fenway. Was greeted at the door, greeted at the desk, and check in literally took less than a minute since I booked through hotels.com. The room was very nice, super clean, well laid out. Had checked in around 4 and had showered before going out. Came back after the game to find the room had been turned over again, which was awesome attention to detail. Was it pricey? Yeah. But was the room and service great? Yes. Would I book a room there again? Without a doubt!!
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
CLIFF
"Fabulous"
Hotel is in a fabulous area, across from Fenway, down the road from Newbury Street and close to the House of Blues (our main reason for being there). The staff was beyond courteous, friendly and helpful. Did not have a chance to try restaurants but everything else was more than great.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
caren
"Great stay and even more to come"
This hotel is heading in the right direction. Newly renovated, the stay is excited about their new digs. This place is already great and will be even better one they finish their work. Don't let that keep you away though. The hotel is ready now for a luxurious stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
Matthew
"Fantastic hotel"
Wonderful!
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
Maria
"comfort"
upon arrival we were greeted and informed that the hotel is under construction...front desk staff friendly and pleasant.They upgraded out room, which was fabulous.. Bed,pillow,towels very comfortable to the touch.. its going to be amazing when finished..
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Anamaria
"great hotel!"
Nick at the front desk was great!
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Top notch"
Having a son @ BU this is the most comfortable hotel we've stayed at / the staff as well as the accommodations are first rate. Two very good restaurants that can be accessed from the hotel is an added bonus.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Bobby
Overall good experience. Beautiful room although the couches were a little uncomfortable. Would definitely recommend to a friend!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Hotel was under construction / renovation, my room type (Fenway view) was not available because of this, there was not lobby for use
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Hotel Commonwealth is A+"
We got upgraded to the executive suite cause we checked in early. The service was phenomenal. The rooms were really nice. The restaurant right outside the hotel was so good (try the Homefries). And there's a lot of shopping to do within walking distance. I will definitely be staying here again next year.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
Anthony
Beautiful and peaceful room with a nice view. I will definitely use this hotel again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Front lobby was undergoing construction, but aside from that everything about the hotel was great.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Beautiful room, very clean and comfortable."
Staff were very accommodating, loved the nexus tablets in the room. Great view of the Citgo sign out of our window. Loved the restaurants in the hotel. Valet was easy and right on time.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Really disappointed with the hotel."
It began with the hotel under construction so you have to walked down the block in the cold. They gave up our room (we arrived at 6:30) telling us if we would have booked directly with them we could have had the room we booked. After I explain I wanted a king bed they put us in a junior suite which had broken drapes and a hole in the shower ceiling. Doorman was great!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015