All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2040 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pretty good stay"
The staff was incredible, they resonded to our little needs very quickly. The parking is very difficult.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Kristine
"Front Dest Adrian Perez the best manager"
Mr. Adrian front desk was very helpful, he saw us waiting for more than 5 hrs. Hotel was busy then... He give us rm. 429, very nice, but hair all over bathroom, we enjoy our stay except for that shorter girl at the front desk, I guess she's just doing her job but, my husband needed the restroom key and she give him a hard time... She ask him an ID then my husband showed him, she took the whole wallet! That's not right! She should be more careful and give a better cust. service to all the customers out there... I could get her name but she work later shift on that day 7/29/15... The other Filipino lady who speak Japanese and the bellman are very helpful and friendly as well... Tnx so much!
3 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Outstanding location, clean and with a great staff"
My wife and I stayed there, only a short walk through the beautiful grounds to their Hale Koa lodging. Everything about the Ambassador was great, although water pressure was weak at times. Great stay. We'd do it again!
15 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Leland
We booked this hotel at the last minute for an overnight stay due to my dad's hospitalization. The price was reasonable and I liked that the hotel was located on the corner of the street and walking distance to shops around the town. It was easy to find and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and neat. The only complaint I would have is that the beds were not comfortable at all. That may not seem like a big deal to some, but when your exhausted and worried from being at the hospital all day, it is nice to be able to relax on a comfortable bed.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Very bad customer service!"
The room service is very bad! They hang up my phone when we had problems. Everytime we have questions, the front desk asked us to go downstairs to talk to them instead of trying to answer our questions.
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
CHIA-HUA
"Good Hotel"
We stayed 2 nights. The hotel was not in mint condition. The bed was comfortable and clean. Most time was not in the hotel room. Hotel staff was very friendly.
4 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Nicholas
"Nice Hotel For Great Price"
great hotel for the price and it was a few minutes from the Main Street with all the shops
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
edlin
"A step back into the past."
The biggest problem I had was the room was very outdated. Looked original from the 50's. The people were great and the location was perfect for walking to shops and restaurants. $25 for parking at the hotel was a little steep but hey it's Hawaii.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Jeffrey
"A good place to stay"
All in all it was a nice place to stay. A few minor glitches as there was no hot water one morning and the microwave caught fire the first time I used it. Maintenance fixed the problems quickly and hotel management was very good.
11 night business trip May 22, 2015
"Ambassador without a car..."
Enjoyed the stay but DO NOT rent a car. parking is $25 extra per night and sometimes it's full too. Tourist trap location. North Shore for us next time.
5 night trip May 21, 2015
"Ok at best."
Small rooms. Tiny shower. Old looking.
4 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Area manager"
Bad I will never use this hotel again
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
Elsa
"Decor"
need to upgrade it
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Pretty average"
It was all pretty average, nothing that would make me want to stay here again
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
moises
"the best place to stay"
love it!!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
Samuel
"we like to stay this hotel again."
Front desk staffs provide us excellent service.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
SUET
"Don't waste your time or money"
Quick trip to visit family and ended up here. What a mistake. Elevators are super slow, front desk personnel is rude and dismissive, An extra $21/night resort fee - it's not a resort, don't let this place fool you. I am pretty understanding of Waikiki hotels as I used to live in Hawaii and have come to know what to expect, but go someplace else. Even the Maile Sky Court is better than this place. Don't waste your time or money here. The room was in rough shape with the access door in the bathroom hanging open every time you closed the bathroom door. The closet is in the bathroom, and the rooms are quite dark and depressing. The cleaning staff obviously tries their best with what they have, but the front desk is miserably failing at their jobs. Oh, and FYI, the parking is an extra $25/night if you need to park a car - not out of the ordinary for Waikiki, but seemed steep for their small lot.
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Diana
"Roomy budget hotel at the entrance to Waikiki"
Excellent choice for budget travelers. Room was clean and quite roomy for the price. We did not use the kitchenette but it's there for people who would like to eat in rather than go out. Bathroom was quite large and had grab bars, something I haven't seen in other hotels i've visited! This hotel is not in the center of Waikiki but still within walking distance to most of the Waikiki attractions if that's what you want.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Robert, Mahalo for your honest review. We hope to see you on your next stay. A hui hou, Adrian Perez Dir. of Front Office
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Good location!"
Comfortable, had all the basics, staff was friendly, good business center with printer, free drinking water, walking distance to Post Office to mail gifts to mainland, park across the street with tennis courts, good location to go other places by bus.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha! Thank you for your review, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. We do have a great location and convenient amenities such as our bicycles you can use to ride to the nearby shopping and beach.
7 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Convenient right in the beginning of waikiki
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
christine
"Not again"
Customer service is very poor
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Dear Reviewer, I'm sorry to hear our customer service did not meet your expectations. I hope you can give us another chance in the future. Until then, Aloha and safe travels.
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
The glass doors are thin and don't close well so outside noise is loud, especially on windy nights. Walls between rooms are not entirely sound proof. Suggest taking a room on a lower level where there is less noise.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"cockroaches"
First night, cockroaches coming out from under both of the bed, no apology, no nothing. I do love the custodians though. People who check us in at the lobby are just bad. I know that actual hotel looks different than its pictures, but it is way too different. At the very same price, or close, you can definitely get the better hotel. Just do your research more and don't rush.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Dear Jayjay, We apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback, as we will use your review as a tool to further train and educate our staff.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Jayjay
"Clean and convienient, great staff."
The best asset is the staff always willing to please. I stayed 8 nights and will go back again and recommend it. This is a no frills hotel but the location is great. The bus stop is within a few steps and it is within walking distance of restaurants, beaches and shopping. I had a large room on an upper floor with a nice view; beds and pillows great. The only disapointment was the computers in the business center.......extremely slow connection. Good value for the price.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Viajera, I apologize for the issue you experienced in regards to our business center. We will have our support have a look. On another note, it is refreshing to hear how you enjoyed your stay and the service you recieved. Mahalo, AP
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Viajera
"Don't bother"
No in room coffee, no restaurant, no bar. I moved out after one night and got a room elsewhere for the next 11 nights
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Donald; I am sorry to hear that your accomodations did not meet any of your expectations. We thank you for your patronage. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
12 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Donald
My two night stay in the hotel was fantastic and relaxing. Many little stores and places to eat within easy walking distance. The staff was great upon check-in, and when the TV wasn't working properly, there was a maintenance tech up to fix it within 10 minutes of my call to the front desk. I would easily return, and in fact, this was my second time there.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha! Thank you for taking the time to give us your ratings and comments about your recent visit. I am very happy to hear that your visit was relaxing and our location was convenient. I have passed along your comments to our staff, which brought many smiles that their Aloha Spirit was noticed by you. We know you had a selection of hotels to select from in the Waikiki area and we thank you for your patronage of the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"No Parking"
Room was nice and spacious but needs to be upgraded. Good for families. Just one really big problem, limited to no parking. Not good when you check in late at night and have to find parking at other venues. Wouldn't be my first or second choice of places to stay
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to give us your rating and comments. I am glad to hear that the room size met your expectations. Parking is a problem for some of our hotel guests. At times we have an overflow of guests who rent vehicles, which we cannot determine in advance by bookings alone. Our parking is limited to a first come first service basis and get's rather limited late in the evening. My apologies for the incovenience. We thank you for your patronage from all of us at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Really can't complain..."
Let's be honest, this isn't a top notch hotel by any stretch. It was built in the 60's and feels a bit like a cross between a old college dorm and a barracks. However, despite the outward appearance and lack of amenities, this hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly, their on-site gate parking ($25 / day) was perfectly located, and this hotel is just a couple blocks from the big-guys on the beach for a tiny fraction of the cost. The room was incredibly quiet; I almost never heard another guest. The curtains blocked out all light. The A/C worked better than I have experienced in several of the nearby 4 and 5 star resorts. There is a nice convenience store right outside the door and even a great coffee stand. I am a total snob when it comes to travel. I really want things to be the best of the best. But I needed to save money this trip so I went cheap. This hotel wasn't pretty and the shower scared me a bit, but it was far better than I expected and really should be checked out for travelers trying to save and still feel comfortable and safe. They also have a roof top pool that was in excellent condition.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha and Mahalo Spencer for your wonderful comments and ratings. I am very happy to hear that your accomodations met your expectations! We are proud to say that our location is always on top of the list of our guest recommendations. We are located in the area of Waikiki that is away from the busier vehicle and pedestrian traffic. I am also happy to hear that the air conditioner worked in your favor! I know you had a choice of hotels in the Waikiki area and we thank you for selecting the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. We look forward to your return visit! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
4 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
Spencer
"Needs renovation"
Shower head broken, water sprayed everywhere. Water did not drain in the shower. Carpet dirty. Beds and linen seemed to be clean. Was good to have fresh water from their fountain.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Mahalo and thank you for taking the time to rate your visit with us and to add your comments. I deeply apologize for the water problems you encountered with the shower head and the drainage. Your comments have been forwarded to our housekeeping and maintenance departments for corrective measures. We appreciate your patronage and thank your for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Nice pleasant stay,close to everything, Close to about everything
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha and thank you for your recent visit to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki from Chicago! I would like to thank you for taking the time to take the survey and give us your feedback on your visit with us. We are pleased to see that we were able to meet most of your expectations. Mahalo from the Management and staff and we look forward to your return visits to the Waikiki area. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Okay hotel but a little too far from the beach."
Bikes are only free for first 2 hours. They charge $5 for every hour after that and the bikes must be returned by 6pm. They also charge an amenities fee $20/day. And if you ask for a late check-out, they will charge you $50.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Lu and Christine! Our bike rentals for two hours (free) are due to the high demand from out guests. We encourage our guests to return after the first two hours to see if they can continue their rental of the bikes. Bike rentals are included in the $20.00 a day amenity fee, which also includes the use of our fitness center, multi-use of our internet wi-fi service, Business center and our Hawaiian filtered water service. Our late check out fee does allow our guest to remain till 3:00 p.m. A full day rate is charged for any later check out. We thank you for your patronage. Mahalo! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Lu & Christine
"Good hotel for long term stay"
For long term stay this is a good hotel, not so much for a short stay. Basically the room is a furnished apartment and you bring everything else. It's complete with a full kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. As with many honolulu hotels, the rooms are old but clean. The hotel has a gameroom, laundry room, business center , and gym. They add a resort daily fee to your room rate which I did not like as I was only there for a weekend. Location is good about 10 mins to the beach and shopping centers.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Efren! Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your ratings and comments about your recent visit. I am very happy to hear that you had and enjoyable stay with us and able to use your kitchen facilities to your benefit. We look forward to your return visits from New York in the near future! Mahalo! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Efren
Just Beautiful love and Fam
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Suzanne! Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to give us your ratings and comments about your recent visit from Los Angeles. I am very happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to again seeing you in the near future! Aloha and Mahalo from all of us at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
3 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
suzanne
"Very loud place"
The people at the front desk were great! The housekeeping people were great, the hotel itself was old and in a part of the city that was SOOO LOUD. At 4am a truck would start backing up and that beeping sounds was loud for at least 20-30 minutes for the first two mornings. There were people talking and sometimes even screaming in the streets at 2 and 3am. The wind would whistle through my door because it was super windy there ALL the time. Doors would slam loudly also, probably due to the fact that the place was so old. I'm lucky I got any sleep at all.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Julie! I would like to thank you for your ratings and comments! I apologize for the disturbances you encountered with the trucks and early morning street noises. We did experience very strange weather with high winds that affected many unfortunate wind noises to our rooms. This is uncommon during the winter months, which usually is wet with rain. I am very happy to hear that our front desk staff were able to give your the Aloha hospitality! I have passed along your comments to them, which have brightened their spirits. We thank you for your patronage of the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo from all of us. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
6 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"excellent staff, comfortable stay"
The reception staff was very accommodating. She noticed that I was booked for a room with 3 single beds and I was traveling alone. She upgraded me to a single suite with a king bed. The room was comfortable. Noise was minimal.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
DC
"Not Great"
The rooms look nothing like the picture. Wasn't near as nice as I thought it would be and way too expensive for what we got. I know it's just Hawaii, but being nickle and dimed for every little thing is ridiculous. Won't be coming back. I'd rather go to the Caribbean if I'm going to spend money like that.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Karen! Thank you for taking the time to give us your ratings and comments. I am very sorry to hear that your experience with your stay with us was not satisfactory. We would like to thank you for your patronage. Mahalo Roy Yamamoto General Manager
3 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Ambassador Hotel .....Not bad at All"
It was a nice and pleasant stay. Hotel location is a walking distance to restaurants, beach, stores, public transportation. The lady in the front desk gave us a suite. I was charged an extra $20/day amenity resort fee. However, when I booked this hotel, it did not mention the extra charge of $20/day. I paid $446.88 for 3 nights instead of $384.06 only.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Jocelyn! I would like to thank you for your wonderful rating and comments on your visit with us! I am happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable visit with your room upgrade. Many of our guests comment on our location and the convenience of being out of the busier part of Waikiki. I am glad that our staff was able to give you the Aloha service Hawaii is known for. Regarding the $20.00 per day amenity fee, the charges are notated in the Expedia Web site that it will be collected directly from the hotel upon check-in. This is in the event of delays in arrivals of cancellations, the charges are not collected in advance. We look forward to your return visits from California to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo for your patronage! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
3 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Jocelyn
"Worst hotel experience ever .."
Pros: Friendly Staff. Cons: Everything...We were disappointed in the rooms...3 single beds....not too pleasing. Worst bathroom conditions with water problems. Not flexible for changes in rooms or upgrades if booking done via Expedia. Hotel will list lower charges for affordability but you will end up paying 25$/per day for parking and 20$/per day for resort fee.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Andy! I would like to thank you for responding to the survey and adding your comments about your recent visit. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, but happy to hear that our staff was able to show their "Aloha Spriit" to you. We do appreciate your patronage and thank you for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Andy
"Family Reunion"
We used the Ambassador as an extra room during a recent family reunion in Honolulu. The staff was so friendly and the hotel is conveniently located. We'd stay again.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Thank you for taking the time to give us your ratings and adding your comments on your recent visit to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. I hope your family reunion was a success and joyful experience? I am very happy to hear that our staff was able to show their Aloha spirit during their visit and our location was convenient. We hope to see you on your return visit when you are called back to the Waikiki area. Mahalo! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"nice"
comfortable
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Mahalo Francis! It's wonderful to have a Kamaaina to stay with us from the neighbor islands. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable. I thank you for taking the time to give us your ratings and to add your comment. We look forward to your return visits to the Waikiki area in the near future. Aloha! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Francis
"Very Good Value"
Excellent location, very good and convenient services. We thought everything looked a bit old at first, but it turned out to be pretty clean and comfy!
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Wendy! I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your excellent rating and to add your comments about your recent visit with us. I know you had a selection of many hotels in the Waikiki area and we thank you for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo and we look forward to your return visits. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Wendy
"Convenient & good price"
Good location in Waikiki. Close to everything- beach, shopping, restaurants. The hotel offers bike rentals. The first 2hours are free. The location, amenities, and price were hard to beat.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Christine! Thank you for your recent visit to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki from Oceanside! I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I am also glad that you were able to utilize our ameneties (bike use) during your visit. Many of our guests comment on the convenience of our location, being away from the congested area of Waikiki. We hope to welcome you back to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki in the near future! Much Mahalo! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
4 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Christine
"Good price for a night"
For the price our hotel room was a good deal for one night. Everything was clean it's just outdated. The shower floor was a little questionable, could use some TLC. Other than that we had an awesome view and the room had a full kitchen and refrigerator.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to rate your visit and adding your comments. Your rating and comments will assist us with improving our guest services and experience. We appreciate your patronage of the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Much Mahalo! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
""Upgrade" was not an upgrade to us!!"
When we arrived the clerk said that instead of a King room with an Ocean View we had been "upgraded" to a suite with a city view. Well, we weren't interested in a suite, and we got a double bed instead of a King. The double bed was not comfortable, so we ended up sleeping the second night on the couches in the "suite" room which were two single mattresses. (Not very romantic) I didn't like being "upgraded" So we paid extra to get the King Ocean view, and we didn't get what we paid for. I shouldn't have upgraded. Bad deal.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Catherine! I wanted to send you a quick note of apology about the negative experience you encountered during your visit with us. We thought that by giving you an upgrade to a suite with a full kitchen would have made your visit much more enjoyable. I am saddened to hear that it was the oppposite. I appreciate you taking the time to rate us and to add your comments. We thank you for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo Roy Yamamoto General Manager
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Catherine
"Had to kill a cockroach"
Had to kill a cockroach on the wall by the refridgerator. Lost appetite on that evening dinner.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha! Thank your for your rating and comments. I apologize for the cockroach you encountered on your wall in your kitchen. Unfortunately since we have kitchen facilities in the room and food is left unattended at times, it does attract unwanted guests. We appreciate your patronage of the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Mahalo Roy Yamamoto General Manager
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Good for the price"
Only 3 blocks From the beach. Good locacion. Restaurants.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha and thank you for visiting the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki from San Francisco. I am very happy to hear that we met most of your expectations during your visit with us and the location was convenient. We thank you for your patronage and hope to see you on your return visits to the Waikiki area. Mahalo Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Lupe
Hotel was old and needed updating to all interiors and furniture. I was disappointed upon arrival, but due to the busy time of the year, there were no good options available to move to another hotel. Almost every hotel was sold out.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to rate our services and adding your comments regarding your visit with us. We thank you for your feedback and your assistance in the areas that we met your expectations and the areas that we need improvements. Mahalo for your patronage of the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Awesome stay for the price"
Fantastic location, close to waikiki beach and shops. The room was much nicer than expected. Very roomy with a kitchenette, living room with pull out bed, and bedroom. Filtered water was nice to have. We had a great view of the city. Staff was friendly. This is a very good quality hotel! Not five stars but a great deal.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Joanna! I wanted to send you a quick note of thanks for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki! Having you fly all the way from Florida to stay with us in the middle of the Pacific made it a great pleasure to service you with the Aloha of the islands. I am happy to hear that our accomodations met your expectations and you were able to use the kitchenette facility during you visit. We look forward to your return visits in the future when you are called back to the Waikiki area. Once again, Mahalo for staying with us. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
2 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Joanna
"classic hotel accomodations with excellent staff"
certainly old-fashioned style but clean and well kept - plus the excellent hospitality from every member of the staff! they even have cruiser bikes to use, free fro 2hours, small fee beyond that - although beach is within walking distance - The Coffee Bean stand right outside lobby with a Whaler's General Store next to them - good with having a full-size kitchenette in the room - my family and I would certainly stay here again
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Sandra! I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the online rating and adding your comments! I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet most of your expectations during your stay with us. I have passed along your kind words about our staff and their Aloha spirit of the islands. I am also happy to hear that the kitchen facilities in your room came into good use during your stay! We look forward to your return visit to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Much Mahalo from all of us! Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Sandra
overall it was ok for the price, the staff were very friendlyand it was pretty close to everything including the beach
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the online survey. I am happy to hear with your comments about the friendliness of our staff and that our location was convenient for you. We look forward to your return visit. Mahalo from all of us at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Roy Yamamoto General Manager
Other trip Feb 18, 2015