All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2040 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Outdated hotel"
I stayed on this hotel for a couple of hours since my departing flight was at night. I don't recommend this hotel since it's a moderate walking distance from Waikiki(closes beach) which is a 0.7 mile walk. The only thing that was updated was the tv, otherwise everything else was outdated. The headboards for the beds had exposure to the bare wood. The one of the chairs had a spot of dirt on it. Paint started to peel on some parts of the walls. The bathroom was small along with the shower. For the price that is advertised, it's not worth it. I recommend to spend a little more money to stay in a nicer hotel.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2015
"Not too bad, but not great"
internet connection was pretty poor, when I complained to your front disk, he, said no body complain. When went to my friend's hotel connection was very good. In your hotel even after connected in got cut out before I can check my email. You wi-fi range look so poor. You front disk said, because a lot of room using at the same time, isn't a good excuse. When I brought my laptop to other hotel, even not inside the hotel, still work fine. You hotel location is convenience and great. Otherwise I will rate all great for a 3 star hotel.
6 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Harry
"Good for a layover"
Basically this hotel is good for a layover... You don't want to stay here the entire time.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Good Experience"
Hotel was nice. Not very fancy, but clean, convenient to beach and downtown, attentive staff, and great amenities. Would definitely recommend.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Not as bad as my review makes it seem"
The staff was friendly and useful. Unfortunately the business center had only old versions of Microsoft office on the two computers that could access the internet - and so I could not read a .docx file (only a .doc file). One computer did have a more modern version, but it wasn't connected to the internet. The clerk thought its cable had been stolen, and put in a service ticket But three days later the situation was unchanged. Our first room opened onto an ugly courtyard and we had to have the windows covered because people on the other side had a full view of our interior. Then they kindly moved us to a room facing the street. But it was very noisy at night, with the sound of trucks backing up. Perhaps the sound was focused to our room only. There were many fine breakfast places nearby, and the other guests seemed happy. The rooms had kitchens with microwaves, plates, and utensils. The beach was a short walk away.
5 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"A decent stay."
Somewhat loud air-conditioning unit as it's the older hole-in-the-wall unit but otherwise decent accommodations. Was the least expensive hotel and everything was walking distance. Slept comfy and great views from the balcony.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2015
I had a nice stay, the staff was friendly, the neighborhood is nice, the hotel is well located but I found it very noisy in particular during the night (I could hear working trucks and buses at 5 AM from the 13th floor). The hotel would definitely benefit from a remodeling.
8 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great location and bikes!"
Loved that you have access to bikes (with locks) to ride around the city!! Diamond Head is close enough to ride to, as well as many beaches. Lots to do around the area! The hotel was a bit older. Wasn't much to look at. Our shower didn't drain so we had to take VERY quick ones to stop it from overflowing into the bathroom. Make sure you actually use the amenities you're paying $25 dollars a night for. It's worth it for the gym, pool and bikes.
2 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
"Great room and location"
Thank you for the upgrade to an ocean view suite on the 14 th floor. Great views. Full kitchen. Great location- easy walk to everything in Waikiki plus right on major bus lines to everywhere else on O'ahu.
1 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Gail E
"Value for the dollar in Waikiki."
This hotel was comfortable and friendly with a location only a few blocks away from the beaches and shopping available in Waikiki. The room was clean, has a suite feel with a small kitchen suite. The hotel is in need of some renovation, but is still very good value for cost and an excellent for the traveler that needs a place to stay and do not crave high-end, swanky facilities.
7 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Tommy
"Read before book your hotel in Hawaii Honolulu"
First, I booked to stay in Maile Sky Court Hotel for 6 days but the room was too small 2 twin beds and everything so old, still using 17 in TV Box. Old refridge, old building, only 1 old microwave since 80's for whole hotel. No Wifi. Smaller than motel 6 in San Diego. Cost $425 for 3 days. I changed to Ambassador for 3 days cost $555 but with better 1 br, living rm, kitchen, stove, oven, microwave, flat screen TV (not smart TV). They gave me this room because they don't have anymore room that I booked so they gave me better room. Am I lucky? Maybe. Both hotels right across street in town.
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Thinh
"Ambassador"
We stayed overnight before heading to Maui. It was a good stopover hotel. Simple, clean rooms, no frills but it was good. We had a great view and got upgraded to an ocean view room. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall happy with the hotel for a night or two, wouldn't spend the entire vacation here.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2015
Gina
"Very pleasant stay!"
From booking the hotel through Hotel.com, to completing our three day stay, my family and I found our three days at the Ambassador to be extremely comfortable. The staff were professional at all times, yet they also displayed the Aloha spirit that so many are looking for. We especially enjoyed the well-stocked kitchen...a 'stay at home' evening was made even more enjoyable by out being able to cook. One suggestion...a bathtub with a better supply of hot water.
3 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Evelyn
"A Dated, Less-Than-Desirable Room"
First, we were charged an additional $20 for "Amenities," so the quoted "low" price was not so low as it first appeared. Additionally, the window air conditioner was LOUD/rattling, the mattress had metal springs I could feel, the bathroom had no tub--just a square shower with questionable tile flooring, the water was UNDRINKABLE, and the kitchen was dated (1960s? 1970s?) with a rusty stove and particle-board cupboards. Good points: purified water is available on the first floor, and the in-room refrigerator was large and seemingly new.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Cheryl
"You get what you pay for"
Overall I have to say it's ok. It didn't begin good as they don't have my room because for some reason the system showed I'm coming in the day before, so I think they gave away our room. So they ended up giving us a bigger room with additional fee, but this is okay. The room is clean but I think it could use some cosmetic upgrade such as paint touch-ups, new toilet seat, carpet shampooing, new bedsheets. Overall the stay is good, I just felt that I was in my house (which I'm trying to avoid) and not in a hotel, I guess you get what you pay for, which is reasonable compared to the big hotels.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha traveller, It seems that we were unable to completely amaze you during this trip. We hope you enjoyed your time here in Waikiki. We are planning a renovation in the near future and I'm sure you will be pleased once complete. Safe travels, Adrian
4 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
In Waikiki area so don't need a car.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Nicholas, Thank you for the review. We are centrally located and close to beach, shopping and dining. You may not need a car, but we do have secure on-site parking available. Regards, A
5 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
nicholas
"Elevator was noisy and AC too."
Overall was ok. Manager Bob kind of rude, but everyone was was super friendly especially Shandel; Very nice front desk lady. I give her a 5 star customer service. This hotel needs remodeling. Location is amazing. Free bike rentals.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Simon, Thank you for your review. We will have your concerns addressed, and your praise passed on. Warmest Aloha, AP
4 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
simon
It was the worst hotel ever the outlets was burn so no tv or lights and customer service was bad and they over charged for parking when I ainy have a car
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Ginger, Our sincerest apologies for your inconveniences. We will have your post shared with our team for improvement. Regards, AP
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
ginger
"My time in Waikiki"
We had a wonderful time, we would stay there again and recommend to others, price was great, close to everything you need,just need to update the rooms.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Geraldine, Thank you for your recommendation and 4 star review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and we welcome your return. Mahalo, A
4 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Geraldine
I just wasn't prepared for all the extra fees. The price I saw in Hotels.com was by no means the price for the stay in the hotel. Had to pay amenities fee, parking fee and other taxes that added up to about another 70 dollars a night.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Hi Andrew, Thank you for your review. I apologize if the details of your reservation were not completely understood prior to your arrival. We hope you found the Aloha here in Waikiki. Regards, AP
14 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Awesome hotel!"
Practical and non-luxurious but comfortable and convenient. Very orderly and perfect location.
Jonas, We are honored to have your 5 star review. Return soon, A
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Jonas
"Don't stay there!"
Worst hotel experience ever. TV was not working, internet was off. Overall condition was very bad! I ordered a king size bed room with ocean view, but since someone else was extending their stay, they gave me a one double bed and one twin bed room with city view. They said they "upgraded" my reservation. it was an awful experience as a couple.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Hi Bu, It's very sad to hear that you had the worst hotel experience ever. We apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. It's never our aim to have guests feeling unsatisfied. Regards, A
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Bu
"Pretty good stay"
The staff was incredible, they resonded to our little needs very quickly. The parking is very difficult.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Kristine, Thank you for praising our staff in your review. Parking is meant to be safe and convenient for our guests; I'm sorry that you feel differently. Mahalo, A
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Kristine
"Front Dest Adrian Perez the best manager"
Mr. Adrian front desk was very helpful, he saw us waiting for more than 5 hrs. Hotel was busy then... He give us rm. 429, very nice, but hair all over bathroom, we enjoy our stay except for that shorter girl at the front desk, I guess she's just doing her job but, my husband needed the restroom key and she give him a hard time... She ask him an ID then my husband showed him, she took the whole wallet! That's not right! She should be more careful and give a better cust. service to all the customers out there... I could get her name but she work later shift on that day 7/29/15... The other Filipino lady who speak Japanese and the bellman are very helpful and friendly as well... Tnx so much!
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha, I'm honored that you speak so kindly of me. We will use the rest of your feedback as a training tool. Mahalo, A
3 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Outstanding location, clean and with a great staff"
My wife and I stayed there, only a short walk through the beautiful grounds to their Hale Koa lodging. Everything about the Ambassador was great, although water pressure was weak at times. Great stay. We'd do it again!
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Thank you Leland, We're happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay. We hope your return is soon. A hui hou, A
15 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Leland
We booked this hotel at the last minute for an overnight stay due to my dad's hospitalization. The price was reasonable and I liked that the hotel was located on the corner of the street and walking distance to shops around the town. It was easy to find and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and neat. The only complaint I would have is that the beds were not comfortable at all. That may not seem like a big deal to some, but when your exhausted and worried from being at the hospital all day, it is nice to be able to relax on a comfortable bed.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha, We're sorry to hear about your father, and wish a speedy recovery for your family. Thank you for your feedback and review. Warmest Aloha, A
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Very bad customer service!"
The room service is very bad! They hang up my phone when we had problems. Everytime we have questions, the front desk asked us to go downstairs to talk to them instead of trying to answer our questions.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Chia-hua, I'm sorry that your issues were not solved over the phone. Your feedback will be shared with our team as a teaching tool. Sincerely, A
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
CHIA-HUA
"Good Hotel"
We stayed 2 nights. The hotel was not in mint condition. The bed was comfortable and clean. Most time was not in the hotel room. Hotel staff was very friendly.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Nicholas, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I'd like to let you know that our hotel is in the planning stages of a renovation. Mahalo, A
4 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Nicholas
"Nice Hotel For Great Price"
great hotel for the price and it was a few minutes from the Main Street with all the shops
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Dear Edlin, Mahalo for your review. Your feedback will help many travelers find their way to the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. Aloha, A
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
edlin
"A step back into the past."
The biggest problem I had was the room was very outdated. Looked original from the 50's. The people were great and the location was perfect for walking to shops and restaurants. $25 for parking at the hotel was a little steep but hey it's Hawaii.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Jeffrey, I'm sorry you feel the hotel is a step back into the past; we are making many strides forward. Not many hotels have reusable water bottles, bikes, game rooms or fitness centers like ours. Thank you for your feedback. Regards, A
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Jeffrey
"A good place to stay"
All in all it was a nice place to stay. A few minor glitches as there was no hot water one morning and the microwave caught fire the first time I used it. Maintenance fixed the problems quickly and hotel management was very good.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Richard, Glitches are never expected, yet they do happen sometimes. I'm glad we were able to address your concerns though. Safe travels, A
11 night business trip May 22, 2015
"Ambassador without a car..."
Enjoyed the stay but DO NOT rent a car. parking is $25 extra per night and sometimes it's full too. Tourist trap location. North Shore for us next time.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Sorin, I'm sorry you recommends not to rent a car. Our secured parking lot has an overnight fee, as do all parking lots in Waikiki and we are among the lowest in price. Hope your next trip to Waikiki is soon; and if it is the North Shore instead, we hope you enjoy that as well. Regards, A
5 night trip May 21, 2015
"Ok at best."
Small rooms. Tiny shower. Old looking.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha, Thank you for your feedback and review. We strive to make each stay for each guest, special. We hope your next stay is much better. Mahalo, A
4 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Area manager"
Bad I will never use this hotel again
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Elsa, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Please know that our staff is empowered to handle any problems to ensure satisfaction. Much Aloha, A
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
Elsa
"Decor"
need to upgrade it
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Thank you for your feedback. Our property is in the planning process of a major renovation. Safe travels, A
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Pretty average"
It was all pretty average, nothing that would make me want to stay here again
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Moises, I'm sorry to hear that we could not WOW you on your recent stay. Please know that we strive to extend our ALOHA to all of our guests. Regards, A
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
moises
"Atrocious"
No hot water. Shower was worse than my college dorm anyway. If I had gone in, I wouldn't go in without sandals, but water was freezing so it didn't happen. Parking was full so I had to pay a cash-only lot off-site. Carpets were nasty and wallpaper was peeling. Another over-priced garbage Waikiki hotel.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
My apologies for the hot water issue. We do periodic maintenance and this must have been that day we had to interrupt hot water for a short period. I can assure you that all of our rooms and public areas are clean and safe. I hope your next trip to Waikiki is more to your liking.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"the best place to stay"
love it!!!
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Samuel, Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to have your recommendation. Mahalo nui, A
2 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
Samuel
"we like to stay this hotel again."
Front desk staffs provide us excellent service.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Suet, I'm honored to have the staff praised in your review. We look forward to your return. Mahalo, A
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
SUET
"it is just okay"
The hotel staff were wonderful. As for the room, it needs to be updated. old worn out cabinets, bathroom shower needed some work, the interior of the shower needs to be replaced.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Thank you for your honest review. We are in the planning stages of a major renovation. I'm happy to hear that our staff also treated you well. Come back soon!
Other trip May 6, 2015
Dman
"Don't waste your time or money"
Quick trip to visit family and ended up here. What a mistake. Elevators are super slow, front desk personnel is rude and dismissive, An extra $21/night resort fee - it's not a resort, don't let this place fool you. I am pretty understanding of Waikiki hotels as I used to live in Hawaii and have come to know what to expect, but go someplace else. Even the Maile Sky Court is better than this place. Don't waste your time or money here. The room was in rough shape with the access door in the bathroom hanging open every time you closed the bathroom door. The closet is in the bathroom, and the rooms are quite dark and depressing. The cleaning staff obviously tries their best with what they have, but the front desk is miserably failing at their jobs. Oh, and FYI, the parking is an extra $25/night if you need to park a car - not out of the ordinary for Waikiki, but seemed steep for their small lot.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Diana, I'm sorry to hear that your stay did not meet all of your expectations. We do our best to have the best offerings for all of our guests. We hope your next stay-cation is better. Warmest aloha,
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Diana
"Roomy budget hotel at the entrance to Waikiki"
Excellent choice for budget travelers. Room was clean and quite roomy for the price. We did not use the kitchenette but it's there for people who would like to eat in rather than go out. Bathroom was quite large and had grab bars, something I haven't seen in other hotels i've visited! This hotel is not in the center of Waikiki but still within walking distance to most of the Waikiki attractions if that's what you want.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Robert, Mahalo for your honest review. We hope to see you on your next stay. A hui hou, Adrian Perez Dir. of Front Office
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"One night stay"
Out dated room and hotel. Online pics look much better: room was clean but room was very old. Needs a major update in the Penthouse. Look like an old motel 6.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha, The Ambassador Hotel Waikiki is a true piece of Waikiki history. We are currently in the beginning stages of planning a major renovation. Hopefully your one night stay found you the rest needed for your travels. A hui hou, Adrian Perez Dir. of Front Office
Other trip May 2, 2015
female
"Good location!"
Comfortable, had all the basics, staff was friendly, good business center with printer, free drinking water, walking distance to Post Office to mail gifts to mainland, park across the street with tennis courts, good location to go other places by bus.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Aloha! Thank you for your review, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. We do have a great location and convenient amenities such as our bicycles you can use to ride to the nearby shopping and beach.
7 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Convenient right in the beginning of waikiki
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Thank you Christine, We're glad that our location was a big plus for you during your stay. Remember, we have Kama'aina discounts!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
christine
"Not again"
Customer service is very poor
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Dear Reviewer, I'm sorry to hear our customer service did not meet your expectations. I hope you can give us another chance in the future. Until then, Aloha and safe travels.
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"Hotel was disappointing."
The elevator on the right did NOT work. When it finally did, it seemed to bump along slowly. Another couple told us they had been stuck in the elevator for nearly 30 minutes. (I cannot confirm this.) When the doors finally did open, we got out and walked down a couple of flights of stairs before trying the elevator again. Pretty scary. I reported this to the front desk. The room had two small double beds - would have preferred one queen bed. The furnishings were old; the room needed painting and freshening-up. We were charged to park our rental car and also charged an ameninty fee, even thou we had not planned to use any of the exercise facilities. I had expected something a little nicer. Don't recommend this hotel to others.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry to hear that you would not recommned our property. Our elevators have also been looked at, and they are in proper working order.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
resort charge and parking are too experience. service is bad, room condition is bad.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
We wish that you could have enjoyed your stay better. We will use your comments as a tool for training and improvement.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
The glass doors are thin and don't close well so outside noise is loud, especially on windy nights. Walls between rooms are not entirely sound proof. Suggest taking a room on a lower level where there is less noise.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"cockroaches"
First night, cockroaches coming out from under both of the bed, no apology, no nothing. I do love the custodians though. People who check us in at the lobby are just bad. I know that actual hotel looks different than its pictures, but it is way too different. At the very same price, or close, you can definitely get the better hotel. Just do your research more and don't rush.
Response by Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Dear Jayjay, We apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback, as we will use your review as a tool to further train and educate our staff.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015