All hotels in Rome, Italy
Via Aurelia 481, Rome, RM, 00165, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

Unusual hotel as it is designed to facilitate Catholic visitors to the Vatican but we enjoyed the location and the differences. Good parking lot if you have a car.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Matthew
"Wonderful!"
Amazing place ! Amazing staff vey friendly and kind! I recomand the church palace for everu one who like to visit Rome!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"4th floor horror!"
Do not accept a room on the forth floor. There are no windows in the room and the bath room shower is tiny. This is the time of year when the weather changes from cool to warm...with no window and no airconditioning my room was 30c, and impossible to sleep in. the staff was super nice and aafer much complaining, they allowed me to switch rooms. I would have walked out at 7PM after returning after a busy day out to find my room as warm as an oven. Lucky for me they accomodated me.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Nice hotel close to public transportation"
The hotel is excellent location and close to almost all the attractions, the only inconvenience to me was to eat dinner, the restaurant only accommodated group and we was only two people. Beside that everything else was perfect
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary"
This was the first trip to Rome for my wife and I and we loved it. The hotel entrance is guarded and gated and is located located back far enough from the main streets that there is no outside noise...very private. Beautiful exterior and interior and clean and well maintained...looks new. It has a cozy little bar just off the main front desk and a 600 seat church integrated that is located on the first floor.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Bob and Dee
"What a pleasant surprise."
Got this hotel last minute thru hotels.com and didn't expect much, but what a surprise. This is a four star hotel at an affordable price. It is a little distance for the main attractions (Colloseum, pantheon,etc.) but was in a secluded park like setting. Very pleasant and a welcome respite from the crowds of the city. A short walk to the metro made it easy to get around. The hotel was first class. Front desk was especially helpful and spoke English. I would highly recommend this property!
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
"Rome"
The Hotel was wonderful! A bit away from most of Rome's main attractions but easily accessible by the Metro. Staff was so professional. Hotel set back from the road so you are guaranteed a good night's sleep!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
They are undergoing renovations. Shower and toilet did not drain properly, AC didn't work well and the room was very warm. Location is in a residential area of Rome and far from the major sites. Wouldn't recommend staying here if you are looking for comfort. If you just need a place to sleep for a night, this hotel will work.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Troy
"Could Have Been Worse"
The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are clean, but the hotel is under renovations in the common areas. The website indicated free wifi, but beware that it is only available in public areas downstairs. Nevertheless, we had difficulty connecting anywhere but the lobby proper which had only two chairs. Our room for three was actually just a room for two with an extra bed/cot crammed in. There was barely room to walk. It was very crowded for three. Finally, we stayed for four nights and encountered multiple tour groups staying in the hotel. The groups can be overwhelming when loading and unloading the bus, but they don't seem to cause any inconvenience at other times. The location is close to the Metro A line at the Cornelia station. The nearby restaurants are friendly and quite reasonably priced. Along Via Cornelia, just around the corner from the hotel, several semi-permanent street vendors offer fresh fruit bowls for €3. We found this became a nightly ritual with a lovely walk back to the hotel. Overall, the hotel is beautiful and clean, but the services are slightly lacking. The neighborhood is local, not touristy and offers a more authentic visit.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Jackie
"No room services"
This hotel is missing some pieces to fullfill regulare hotel services. If you are looking for somewhere just to sleep. This hotel might be OK.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Church Palace"
Can't find hotel because the sign in front said "Church Palace" instead of "Domus Mariae Palazzo Capegna". Restaurant is closed during our stay. I specific chose a 4-stars hotel to be able to eat at the hotel. Everyday I have to go outside for dinner and lunch and it's rain everyday. Very inconvenient for what I paid for. Internet only free in the lobby. My room was on the top floor, it's kind of hot in the evening. I asked if they can adjust the air conditioning. Answer" they only change the temperature in the whole building after april 30". Elevator does not go all the way up to the 4th floor.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Was wonderfull"
Incredible service, good restaurant food.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
hugo
"The worst 6 nights ever"
I ordered 1 room for 2 people and paid for. When I arrived at the hotel I was told that they had me down for a single room, after argueing a while they gave me a room on the 4th floor of which the room was cut in half by the roof, without a window ( just a skylight) . After anable to sleep for several nights I went to the office and asked to be moved to a normal room . Hotel staff not impressed about my problems, anable to bread in a closed room without any air, and with my heart troubles ,but they moved us to a (normal) room. A week before my arrival to Rome I called the Hotel and made sure that I had a room for 2 people. I was told that I would. I been staying in this Hotel many times in the last 6 years. If nothing is done this will be my last time. Thank you for listening Bruno scandul
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Bruno
"Would not stay again"
First, the good: Overall the staff was very pleasant to deal with, and they addressed our concerns in a timely manner. The location was across the street from a mini market and just 5-10 minutes walk from a bus stop and metro station, as well as a 'Old Bridge Gelateria' that was very good. The breakfast was decent... it was free. The internet in the lobby was great, and I was able to Skype with family back home with no lag time. The internet in the room was not free, nor was it nearly as good as the free internet in the lobby. From the outside, the hotel looks very nice, and the lobby and hallways leading to the rooms are very large, and layed in a nice marble. As with much of Rome, it has nice architecture and is pleasant on the eyes. Now for the bad: Certainly not as spacious as soon as you step in your room. If you read this and still stay at the hotel, just know the room is small. The view would probably be nice if our window didn't overlook an elevator shaft covered in pigeon droppings, but that's just bad luck. The phone didn't work, but they quickly replaced it as soon as we mentioned it to the desk. Beds are tiny (I am 6ft2in at 200lbs), the bathroom is small, the TV was smaller than my laptop screen, and their isn't much space to walk around. The fridge is standard sized for any hotel, as is the tiny safe. The hotel and its staff overall were great, but the rooms themselves were just tiny and that ruined it a bit for me.
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2013
Alex
"Wow.. Italian museum building"
We were surprised when pulled up to the driveway of this hotel. It's a historic building that used to be some type of official building. It looks like some type of museum or congress building. The room is clean and breakfast is nice. The restaurant in the facility exceed our expectation. Located 5 min walk from the Metro entrance. It's a great hotel for family or business vacation.
4 night family trip Oct 31, 2013
Eddie
"Satisfactory"
Bad smell from the bathroom, some counter staff not courteous.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Sheela
"old buildng the pic is deciving. cust serv sucks"
Arrived to the hotel early, had to wait several hours to get to the room. Had 3 kids w me but they did not care to let me know the room is ready. They were ckn walk ins while i sat in the lobby. The room is nice but the bath rooms need updating. The breakfast was good. Near the vatican but far away from everything else. Wouldnt stay there again.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Clean and affordable beauty in Rome"
My daughter stayed at this hotel for her study abroad and we joined her. We were very pleased with the value and the beauty of this hotel. The rooms were comfortable and the staff very friendly. The area is not in the downtown area of Rome, which we liked, but certainly had many amenities,i.e. good restaurants and metro near-by. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was included and delicious! There is also a beautiful park nearby and the grounds itself are beautiful! When coming to Rome , I certainly would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Deedee
"I would definitely recommend for tourist."
We made the rounds in Italy. This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. I would definitely come back.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
BobbyHou
"Convenient to Metro."
Parking is free. It is not easy in Rome. The space in the hotel is very big. Nice dinning room.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Our room was just big enough for the bed, had only a little Window on the top, bathroom was very small, old and not that clean.Sometimes only cold water in the shower.Breakfast was terrible, just the coffee was good. I expected a lot more for my Money.
Other trip Jun 13, 2013
"Clean and secure. Good for family."
Hotel is 600m away from metro station. So it is very easy to reach the city center. If you want to go by taxi, it only costs 14-20 EUR according to your destination. All of the taxi drivers know the hotel (at least the ones that we have used). Very clean and new hotel. Breakfast was very good and rich in content. We have stayed in a tower suite with our 4 people family and in 4 days everything was fine. Actually it is a congress hotel, but also good for a family.
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
Armagan
"Nice from far away"
Hotel is beautiful on the outside and lobby area. Rooms are old and dirty. Beds are hard as a rock. Free WIFI only in lobby area, in the rooms you must pay for WIFI. i stayed here about 10 months ago and it has definitely gone down!
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
WE HAVE STAYED HERE A NUMBER OF TIMES,AS WE LIKE THE QUIET OF THE GROUNDS AND THE 20 MINUTE METRO RIDE TO ROME CENTRO
2 night trip Oct 16, 2012
EMILY K.
"great hotel with big spaces and very comfort"
everything was excelent, the only thing is that the place where the hotel is, is not very preatty and is far away of most of the popular sites in rome, just the vatican is quite near.
Other trip Oct 17, 2012
maria
""Bad taste""
The front desk staff very arrogant. They did not give much information about the area or activities, unless you asked. We were made to wait 2 hours before our room was ready and then it was the wrong room and we had to move. The room was cramped, mold in the bathroom, the decoration was sparse. The location was not central and we had to take the metro everywhere.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Close to the Metro"
The hotel was overall nice. It was close to the metro which was nice and you could get where you needed. The breakfast was good. If I were to go back I would prefer to stay closer to Trevi Fountain.
Romance trip Oct 5, 2012
Angie

"good hotel in a bad neighbourhood, good value"
Not a good neighbourhood, far from city centre. Once outside the hotel is dirty, scary to walk to the store. Front desk people and breakfast service people looked bored and tired, never smiled at you. Some people helpful, some not at all. Over all a good hotel to stay for couple of nights. Good breakfast and free and safe parking which you can't find in most places.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
viorel
"Good Hotel"
Excellent hotel in a quiet location. Ate in the restaurant every night because the food and service were excellent. Loved the wonderful church discovered through a door near reception. Breakfast substantial and the metro near by (short walk) to take you into the heart of Rome. After action packed days with lots of walking lovely to return to the oasis of peace for a relaxing evening. Will definitely stay again on next visit
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Tessa
"Very nice hotel in Rome"
Close to subway, best for driving to Rome and visit the city by public transit. Very good service overall. Quiet neighborhood and easy access to mini-mart and fast food.
3 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Alan
We had a triple room,found it to be very large and comfortable and the double bed was huge,could have easily slept three. Bathroom was clean had shower and was roomy . Hotel interior is in great condition,breakfast was super with a choice of cold drinks,hot beverages ,cooked breakfast,fruit and more. Reception I found a bit slow ,but bar and restaurant staff were very efficient and friendly . Location is about 20 mins max by taxi,but did see metro close by . Would stay here again. The chapel inside the hotel is beautiful .
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Maria
"Enjoyable stay"
Hotel located in a central location walking distance to the metro & yet in a quiet area.Room is clean & comfortable. Breakfast was good. Reception was friendly. Parking no problem. Overall enjoy the stay even though for 1 night only.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Swee Heng
SG
"Nice and beautiful near Vatican city"
Very good ,staff was nice people were lovely weather was good sunny and pleasant food was very good.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
allround nice
"Rome 3 nights"
This hotel is very impressive as you approach, the rooms in basic category are sufficient albeit small, the bathroom is a good size and the beds comfortable. Excellent Breakfast, tons of choice English & European. Close to metro approx. 10 min walk, surrounding neighbourhood so so, but some good restaurants close by, however metro to anywhere and a much less expensive 4 star than central Rome.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
Wallison
"hotel rooms"
The hotel bedroom which we had an executive room were a bit shabby and could do with some updating. Three times in on day we could not get into our bedroom because the card key slot in the door was not working - although the matter was rectified the staff were a little off with us for keep asking for maintenance. The safe would not open either due to batteries keep going flat. The restaurant staff were friendly but there was not a lot of choice on the menu.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Tony and Jane
"nice hotel"
staff not very helpful..initial room was a disgrace, changed upon complaining.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
hapi
"convenient, clean and friendly"
positive in terms of location, cleanliness and staff, but I would not recommend eating at the erestaurant
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"I was not impressed"
We stayed at this hotel 8 years ago and it was excellent. Our recent visit was not. The cupboard space within the room was deplorable, we were there for 7 nights and had 3 coat hangers each, most of my clothes lay on the back of one of the chairs (2 in the rooms). There was no information in the room in booklet form, which is normal in most hotels i.e. room-service menus/safe operation/restaurant meals etc. and also our suitcases had to be left on the floor and as there was not a lot of space anyway this made it more uncomfortable. The room was too small for an 8 day visit.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Pauline
"Good location near metro."
Rooms too small for the amount paid. There was hardly any place for walking and our bags.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
gurdip
MY
"Rome Short Family Break"
We stayed at the Church Palace hotel for 5 nights and for the price this was an excellent hotel. 2 adults and an 8 year old child shared the room and it was ideal for our requirements. Although we did not spend long periods of time in the room except for sleeping. The hotel had been going through refurbishment which was close to completion. Once the final touches have been completed this will be a great hotel, especially if the price remains much the same as for our trip. You did occasional hear a little noise from the adjoining room and people talking on route to rooms but not at an unreasonable level. The disruptions were generally short lived and not at an unreasonable hour. Our package included breakfast which was plentiful and set us up for a busy day in Rome. The newly opened bar in the hotel was very pleasant and the bar staff were very helpful and keen to please. The hotel was located in its own grounds so external noise was very limited and restricted to those staying at the hotel. The metro station was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel so getting into the main attractions was very easy. The management and staff are really keen to improve the hotel and it was noticeable each day that additional improvements had been made. Overall a great stay and we would pick this hotel again should we return to Rome.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"When in Rome...be thankful for what the Romans do"
When I booked this hotel, I was curious as to what to expect as it was my first trip abroad without family . As soon as my friend and I stepped in at 1:30 am , we were treated perfectly and the gentleman at the reception counter was very considerate given the time of our arrival. The room was simple but very well kept and despite the thin walls , I had a very good nights sleep each night. The bathroom facilities put my own shower to shame!! The location of the hotel was perfect as we were in the close proximity to the Cornelia metro station for getting into Rome itself (Vatican was 3 stops away) and some lovely restaurants. Every time we had a question , it was answered helpfully by the hotel staff (despite our difficult grasp of Italian, which I hope to learn to the same degree as the staff's English). I wouldn't just recommend this hotel, I will probably come back myself if I'm ever in Rome again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Johnathan
"A long walk"
Hotel itself is fine. Clean and safe. It is a long walk to anywhere, making it less than convenient for visiting the sights. It is close to the metro though.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
travel
"Beautiful hotel"
Very nice hotel close to the metro into the city centre. Worth a stay
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Top floor room with skylight only"
When we stayed there (June 2014) the hotel was undergoing some renovation work. No room service was available and our lift to the 4th floor wasn't working. We had to take the lift to the 3rd floor and then carry our bags. Our room was on the 4th floor. The room was ok but no window, just a skylight. It felt a little closed-in. Ask for a 3rd floor and you'll be ok. Breakfast was good - served in a large room with plenty of options.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Roger
SG
"excellent hotel"
This is an excellent hotel, not far from the outer ring road, with its own car park, and is about 10 minutes walk from Cornelia Metro station, which is a few stops from the Vatican. Stayed for 5 nights, found staff very helpful with directions etc. We walked back from the vatican one evening, it took about 30 mins, but wouldn't recommend it due to narrow pavements and high traffic flow. Only ate breakfast in the hotel, staff kept items replenished continuously. Toilet was not large but was adequate for two people. In evening ate at small restaurant close to main road junction and at one or two small cafes nearby.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
LWM
"Excellent looling hotel with nice staff."
We arrived at 6pm on a saturday evening and were taken back by the look and cleanliness of the hotel! The room was really clen and we asked for a double bed rather than a twin and this was all sorted before we got to the hotel. The only downsides I could put is where we were which was near the stairs and at the back of the titchen on the first floor we could hear the extraction fan and was quite loud and made it difficult to get to sleep. The plates woke us up at 7am and when we asked for ear plugs we didnt get any so we bought some then it was fine :)
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
ricky
"A long weekend in Rome"
We where disappointed to find on arrival the hotel was having work done which meant no restaurant facility or room service yet we weren't advised prior to booking. Breakfast was good with a wide range of choices catering for the variety of nationalities. The hotel is situated out of the city centre but the metro was close by and very easy to use costing 1 Euro 50 each. Multiple travel tickets are also available. Metro stations are situated very close to all the major sites.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"far from attactions"
Good hotel. Clean. Staff were helpful. Far from the attractions but the metro is only a short walk away. Surrounding neighbourhood has a lot of tagging everywhere. Didn't feel too safe walking back to the hotel at night. If u have a car it is great. They offer free parking however driving in Rome is quite scary.
3 night trip with friends May 26, 2014
NZ
"Lovely family friendly hotel"
Really enjoyed our stay, felt like nothing was ever too much trouble, staff were lovely particularly with our 3 year old son, they even went so far as to dress his teddy in pj's one night. Would love to go back when renovations are done can only imagine how good it would be then!
Other trip May 16, 2014
sarah
"Nice hotel metro was close lots of shops too"
I just wish there where no scaffoldings and building work on site at the time we went it was ment to be special ..
Other trip May 7, 2014