All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
1010 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient and good price."
Walking distance to downtown. Continental breakfast consisted of coffee, granola bars, pastries and fruit.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Hotel was run down, shabby, and the room smelled. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"4.0 Rate"
Everything good .
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Benny
Very poor customer service. Very very poor. We will never use this hotel
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
Leaf
2 night stay. Price first night not worth 189. Second night was worth. 88. Continental breakfast not great Room was clean and linen fresh
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
D
"Close to everything"
Took us 5 min to drive to beach in seaside. Super close to the wharf and the Youth Museum which my 22 month old absolutely loved! Nice fireplace and spacious room.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Good location. Really great fitness center 1/2 mile down the same street $7 per day. Hardly any breakfast
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Victoria
"Close to Everything"
Good location. The fireplace did not work. I contacted management, and they told me that I need to get my refund from Expedia. Lots of worn paint spots through out the property, and the hall echoed with noise. Maintenance guy started working on lumber stacking and cutting at 6:45 am on sunday morning waking us up. Other than that a decent place to go. Parking is narrow.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Was just what we needed. Would come back again. Clean and comfortable room.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
José
Towels had holes in them. No shade on the upper windows. Patch jobs on the paint were terrible.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Not at all what I thought it would be..."
Loved the fireplace feature! But that was it. Location was a little far from the wharf and room was pretty clean... however the beds were very uncomfortable, bathroom was totally outdated and HD a leak coming from the ceiling. Ice machine did not work and free breakfast was just a basket full of granola bars, apples and coffee that you could make in the room. Not to mention a slight dizzy feeling when sitting in the bathroom, found out later our room was right next the control panel and electric housing room. Overall not worth the money spent. I would not stay here again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Athena
"1st weekend away in 3 yrs"
It was very quite there,good service at office, close too everything,Parking was tight under the motel truck was to big or parking stalls to small.. ButI would stay there again. Jack
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Clean and Cozy"
Great inn that won't cost you an arm. Nice and clean room with a FIREPLACE! No pool but I didn't mind since the beach is minutes away.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Bony
"Okay for how much you pay"
While their prices are reasonable during off season, I don't consider this place worth the more than tripled price that they charge in tourist season.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Spacious, Quiet and Comfortable"
We had a very large room with high vaulted ceiling. Not fancy, but clean and very accommodating with King bed, mini frig, microwave, small table and 2 chairs, love seat, decent lighting, 2 windows, and a fireplace (we didn't use). Breakfast is minimal - but there are several coffee shops within walking distance. I hear they are changing the name soon. Front desk was very friendly. I will stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2014
Judie B
"Pleasant, moderately priced motel"
Overall, I was quite pleased with the Vagabond. The room was quite large with vaulted ceiling and a gas fireplace. Its location on Munras is convenient from Highway 1 and to get to downtown/historic Monterey. It's nice that it has a complimentary breakfast, BUT it is minimalist. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this moderately priced motel.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Last minute in Monterey"
Cost was high for the quality of the hotel. The rooms are big but the plumbing etc is old but functioned well. It certainly was well located for a visitor that wanted to see things in the Monterey and Carmel area. Very easy access from Rt. 1. We traveled back and forth between the two cities and 17 mile drive. Also, went to the aquarium on Earth Day and found it easy to find.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Len
"terrible service"
Stayed here for a class. Hotel wouldn't give me a recipt because I booked through hotels.com. now I can't be reimbursed. Manager was very nasty and Un helpful.
4 night business trip May 19, 2014
zach
"Monterey"
Most interesting room we've ever stayed in. Bummed that the fireplace was not working properly.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Leeann
Quarter inch gap to half inch gap on front door showing light from outside. Old king size bed w three pillows. Gas fireplace did not torn on. Continental breakfast apples oranges coffee tea sunny D and packaged pastries.
Other trip May 31, 2014
love Monterey
"Good location but.."
Old facility, saggy beds, very scant continental breakfast, many other hotels nearby
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Nice hotel, very quiet and comfortable"
Loved the room. High ceiling, fireplace, big comfortable bed. Excellent nights sleep. Will recommend and stay here again!
Other trip May 6, 2014
DMarie
"excellent room for the money"
this place was dirt cheap and we expected bare bones- so we were pleasantly surprised that rooms were big and clean with high ceilings- temperature was fine, in room gas fireplace was nice- complimentary breakfast was spartan- but they had plenty of fruit and snack bars. Most impressive part was the friendliness and helpfulness of the owner- after we left we travelled on to San Fran only to realize our daughter had left her ipod in the room- the manager found it and actually met us in SF as he had some business there as well- he came close to us to meet and then refused a tip that I offered him! kudos - we would never get service like this in a chain hotel!
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
Barry
"Good value!"
This place is a good value and less than 5 minutes from everything. It is clean, comfortable and cozy.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Nice hotel very clean"
We were just passing through and it was a nice choice for the quick overniter.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Good value and a clean room"
Pleasantly greeted, the room was ready and plain but clean. We were right next to the road but were not bothered by road noise during the night. The room was clean but there were no pictures on the walls, kind of strange. The carpet was older - probably from the late 80's and the mattress was nothing special. The fireplace was nice - on a ticking timer though. We were able to get a parking spot and were happy that the car we were driving was small as the parking lot had no driving room to spare. I would return but not if I was looking for a romantic spot.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"sorry place"
Don't stay here dirty. The workers are rude it was horrible only stayed here one day out my 3 day's in town checked out early. Don't do it people
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
heather
"Nice place!"
We had rm 33# (top room) As soon as we walked in, we noticed the high ceilings. There was also a mini fridge and a microwave. the closets were mirrored which a was really nice for the Mrs. It also came with an iron and iron board. We always bring our own shampoo but forgot it this time. Luckily, our room included some green tea shampoo that had a very nice scent. The room was very nice and it included a balcony! The only thing that we did not care for was a very high window that did not come with a curtain. By 7:30 the sun was beaming through that window and we couldn't go back to sleep. Other than that, the room was very nice and we would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Decent for the price"
We stayed here because the price was worth it. The can drive was fairly decent.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Lorena
"Could have been great but was only OK."
We booked the Vagabond Inn based on its website which promised such things as in-room jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces.. The location is excellent,nice neighborhood near downtown without being IN downtown. The staff and the hotel service were excellent. The parking was a bit awkward with an oddly shaped lot. The bed was very comfortable.The room was clean and tidy. On the other hand, the heating system is antiquated and does not function well.The room was chilly.The weatherstripping was missing on the bottom of our door, allowing in a draft. Our fireplace was non-functional. The flu was stuck on open and the wind whined down the chimney. The hotel USED to have jacuzzi tubs but has removed them. There were plaster repairs on the walls that had not been painted over. The TV remote did not have batteries in it. This hotel would have been a bit more acceptable if it had been July instead of February. OK value for the money.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
jlptravel
Very convenient location for activities on Cannery Row and wharf area. Also very close to Carmel
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
"good size room for the price"
we went for an overnite stay to visit family. Now having been a reisdent of there in Monterey i do know weekend rates can be little high in price. But found this hotel to have a really good price in rate for a Sat. nite stay. The room was very big, bed more than comfortable, the gas fireplace was nice and cozy no need for firewood. There was also a sofa bed which was a nice surprise. The staff was very friendly the only minus was the continental breakfast in small lobby. Monterey has some very good bakeries near by wouldve like to see local pastries. Overall was a good stay we definately would stay again soom
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Erlinda
"Perfect for couple night get away"
Place was surprisingly clean, no mold smell, no smoke smell like many others, right in the city, staff is friendly, I will defiantly come here again.
2 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
Val
"Good for the price"
The room was clean and comfortable. This first room we were given was extremely nice, but had no curtains which I found odd, but we were moved to another room. It was smaller, but very comfortable. I will definitely be going back.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Rose
"Not recommended!"
This place is VERY old. There is no central heating system. Had to leave the fireplace on all night long to stay warm. Staff we're very friendly though.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Ana
"Nice fireplace in the room!"
Stayed for one night during a longer journey through the states. A nice and comfortable place. Large rooms that include a fireplace (!), tv, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and free wifi, albeit with a very poor reception! Staff is friendly. Complimentary breakfast is sugar and carb loaded! All in all an ok place though!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2013
Anders J
"monterey geteway"
Other than the tub in the bathroom having chipped paint, the room was Great it even had a nice fireplace!
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2013
Anthony
"Good location."
We only stayed one night so I can't say too much. It was a good location.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"Downtown"
A very good value for the money.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Nice time"
Strong value for the cost. Will rent there again
5 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Perfect for a cheap getaway"
The room was very different and quite large. Pros: Huge vaulted ceiling in room and bathroom, wide large windows (with a tiny bit of Ocean view :)), 5 min to Fisherman's Warf, Easy check in and out, Double shower head, vanity outside of the bathroom as well as inside, gas fireplace with ledge to sit in front of it. Cons: Freezing in room, there was a small floor heater in bathroom (which did an ok job for bathroom), small floor heater in room (which you could not tell was on unless you walked right next to it) and a fireplace that shuts off in an hour if knob not spun. Thank God I am usually over prepared so I had brought 2 extra blankets, that with out we would have froze for sure. There were a couple areas that you could tell had the "cheap fix" instead of really being fixed. All in all I liked the character of the room and we really enjoyed our short stay. The room although older and out of date did not feel dirty or unkempt. I would go back to this hotel again for the price it was really just right.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Courtney
"for the price"
For the price the girl was good. Just needs to update their tvs
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2013
Connie
"Roomy accommodations for cheap"
Big room with a comfy bed for a good price. All we needed was a place to stay over night and this fit the bill. I would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
jess
"Nice hotel for the price"
Clean, inexpensive hotel in a nice neighborhood. I would definitely come back and stay again.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Nice, clean, comfortable and close. Great Staff."
When I arrived, the outside looked very well kept. I then also realized how close we were to Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf and the Aquarium. There were cars in the lot, but plenty of parking for the few unfilled rooms. It was well lit, quiet, clean and peaceful. There were no beach bums anywhere to be seen. I walked in to the Office and was greeted very cheerfully (which I am not used to seeing at local seaside hotels/motels) by the woman and man behind the desk. Check in was a breeze, and the reservations were perfect and correct. The staff was so pleasant (including the Housekeeper in the mornings). We were checked in in minutes and off to our room with directions and brochures. The room was very clean and fresh smelling, but without that overpowering smell of bleach & cleaners that usually go along with it. It was a spacious room with a few windows and a cozy fireplace for warmth and ambiance. The linens and bedding were neat and clean. If you are the type who is usually cold when sleeping or just likes extra warmth in bed (as my wife is), be sure to ask for an extra blanket as there are no comforters on the beds (I did not miss a comforter nor need a blanket). The bed was comfy and the furniture, carpets, floors, tub, toilet, and sink were all free of even a spec of dust. There was a heater in the room but we didn't need it. The fridge held plenty and had a small freezer and the microwave worked well. We loved this place, and will be returning 2 more times this year.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Dean and Kenya
"Spacious and cozy"
We were impressed by the size of the room. It was clean and the gas fireplace was a very nice touch. Could use updating but the room was clean. One thing that was beyond the control of the hotel was a man yelling for over an hour outside of one of the rooms.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"good for the price"
modest, clean, and safe. well located and well priced.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Nice fireplace"
nice Fireplace in the room. Large room. Too soft matress. BAD breakfast
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"5 min from downtown Monterey & Waterfront"
Nice large room, fireplace with a timer. High ceiling. Clean & smelled fresh. Shower & floor seemed new. Beds had 3 pillows each. Windows could be opened for a cool breeze.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2013
Ange
"Clean and simple"
My wife and I spent one night here on our way down highway 1. The room was very clean and the king-size bed was very comfortable. Also, it had a working fireplace which we used since it gets pretty chilly at night. Keep in mind that breakfast is just fruit, granola bars, and instant tea/coffee.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013